Temple Hill.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6556 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 12:19
Temple Hill
Continuing from A Matter of Concern for the Hadereum

Goran confronts the Priestess of Flora.

Hograth and Urrun have just exited the Flora/Janus
temple complex to the lower level of the tunnels, and
are opposite an unlocked gate.
Goran the Marked
 player, 145 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 15:47
Temple Hill
Goran has shrugged off the Priestess' spell, and should be engaging with her by now...?
Flora priestess
 NPC, 10 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 21:43
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 2):

Shocked that her attempt to seduce Goran into madness has failed as he prepares to strike,the Priestess looks at first stunned, then touches her forehead and begins to laugh, her eyes wide and wild.



She is not resisting.  Swing away.
Goran the Marked
 player, 146 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 22:13
Temple Hill
Goran smites the priestess with his Morning Star, although it is not a mighty one.  Apparently the tingling she caused during the cast of her spell somehow affected him.  Or, somehow Hors was prevented from guiding his hand.  The evil of the woman was probably to blame.  With menace, Goran grits his teeth, and feels the scar on his face pull, ever so slightly.
Flora priestess
 NPC, 11 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 23:56
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 4):

Bloodied as she is, she continues laughing as her eyes roll back, even as you ready your next swing.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 338 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 04:10
Temple Hill
In reply to Flora priestess (msg # 5):

Hograth pursues the escaped demon, crossbow ready with a silver bolt as he goes.
Narrator
 GM, 6565 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 15:58
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 6):

You don't immediately see the demon. What do you both do?
Goran the Marked
 player, 147 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 17:20
Temple Hill
Goran continues his assault on the priestess.  This time, he doesn't bother speaking.  The woman was obviously mad to be laughing hysterically in the face of her demise.

In fact, her crazed reaction only strengthened his resolve on the matter.  A person of normal temperament would react nothing like this.  Only someone who wholeheartedly believed in a bastard religion would react in such an insane matter.  No one in their right mind would accept demonic copulation without subversive manipulation.

With renewed conviction, Goran strikes her true, in a manner consistent with his expectations.  Hors was with him!
Flora priestess
 NPC, 12 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:19
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 8):

Coughing up blood, she continues laughing and trembling, apparently in the
grips of whatever bizarre ecstacy she tried to infect you with.






Urrun, Hograth, how about some perception rolls?

This message was last edited by the player at 01:52, Wed 10 June.

Goran the Marked
 player, 148 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:41
Temple Hill
Goran looks at the priestess, battered and dying from her wounds.  She did not deserve to live, infected as she was with the madness of an evil religion.  However, she had information that was valuable, and Goran felt that he could easily handle whatever she might throw at him.  She had failed miserably to affect him with her weak manipulation attempts.  With not a moment of hesitation, he puts away his morning star and kneels next to her on the ground.
Urrun
 player, 211 posts
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:55
Temple Hill
Urrun is watching Hograth's back and sees nothing, hears nothing and smells nothing.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 339 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 05:46
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 11):

Hograth also tries to detect the thing, or where it went...
Narrator
 GM, 6587 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 20:09
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 12):

As Urrun got a snootful of dust, and is now noisily sneezing, Hograth spots a bit of ichor on the pavement, and a few drops heading past the opposite gate into the other temple.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 340 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 05:23
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 13):

"It seems to have gone this way..." Hograth said, looking up to check the thing was not actually above them, nor could it be. He headed off, following the thing cautious of any ambush from sides, below or above.
Narrator
 GM, 6606 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 14:03
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 14):

The gate creaks softly, and you enter the space beyond. You can hear the chanting you heard before, although the goat is no longer bleating.
Urrun
 player, 212 posts
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 18:34
Temple Hill
Urrun follows quietly
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 341 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 00:25
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 16):

Hograth also tries to keep the noise down as he follows...keeping an eye out for demonic trouble.
Goran the Marked
 player, 149 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 15:24
Temple Hill
OOC No update on Goran's actions, but I expect they might be a bit longer too.  This was more intended to note I was through and checked the status of the thread.  :)
Narrator
 GM, 6612 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:06
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 18):

Goran is standing over a badly wounded, laughing woman.

Hograth spots a blood trail heading to an alcove where robes hang. To his right are a crowd of robed worshipers in front of a marble statue of a handsome young man holding arrows and leading a goat, illuminated by red lamps painted to resemble lava.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:53, Wed 10 June.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 342 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:51
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 19):

Hograth will move over to investigate...
Goran the Marked
 player, 150 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 21:04
Temple Hill
Goran stands over the woman, weapon in hand.  She is dying, but still awake enough to answer questions.  Calmly, and evenly, with the voice of an inquisitor, Goran asks his questions.

"Who among the Hadereum is involved with your cult?  And who else is involved?"
Flora priestess
 NPC, 13 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 21:44
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 21):

"The Hadereum? Hah! They know nothing! Those fools still believe in an afterlife!"
Narrator
 GM, 6616 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 21:46
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 20):

There's a slight pooling of ichor, then a few drops leading into the crowd.
Goran the Marked
 player, 151 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 22:39
Temple Hill
Goran finds himself gratified that the administration was clean.  Still, he pushes on.  "Who else guides these ceremonies?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 343 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 07:16
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 24):

Hograth curses under his breath, before calling out

"A cursed Demon has come here to hide amoung you until he can unleash the evil he has within him. He is injured from fighting us: give him up so we can rid you of this evil!"
Narrator
 GM, 6624 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 00:58
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 25):

Perhaps Urrun could sniff them out?
Urrun
 player, 213 posts
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 02:42
Temple Hill
Urrun tries smeling the demon once prodded to do so ...  he points toward the general area and heads that way on guard.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 344 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 04:49
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 27):

Hograth follows carefully after letting the crossbow hang on it's sling and readying his axe and shield again, looking for the demon...
cultist
 NPC, 60 posts
 deluded soul
Mon 5 Aug 2019
at 22:07
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 28):

A few of the Vejovisians notice your naked blade and Urrun, and are taken aback.

Urrun smells blood, sex, and sour milk. The demon is among them!
Urrun
 player, 214 posts
Mon 5 Aug 2019
at 22:57
Temple Hill
Urrun works to identify the interloper.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 345 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 07:50
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 30):

Once again Hograth calls out "A cursed Demon has come here to hide amoung you until he can unleash the evil he has within him. Give him up so we can rid you of this evil before he enslaves you all!"
Narrator
 GM, 6645 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 20:01
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 30):

Urrun positively identifies the individual, who appears to be a human female now. She has various unbodalike curves to her that are unappealing to him.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 346 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 20:39
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 32):

Hograth moves towards the individual as fast as he can, ready to attack when he gets within range. Unless the thing dodges, it takes a minor whack.

"Unholy thing, begone from our plane. Back to your home plane with your lies and deceit!"
Incubus
 NPC, 9 posts
 Smoking hot dude
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 23:29
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 33):

"Damn your dog and its accursed sense of smell! That really hurt! I can usually take a bit of pain play, but I do not consent! Safeword! "

This message was last edited by the player at 20:04, Thu 08 Aug 2019.

Urrun
 player, 215 posts
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 23:40
Temple Hill
Urrun tires of the banter and swings bloodletter at the demon.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 347 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Wed 7 Aug 2019
at 06:11
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 35):

"He is more honourable than you, demon."

He swings with his axe again, aiming at the demons neck this time.
Incubus
 NPC, 10 posts
 Smoking hot dude
Thu 8 Aug 2019
at 20:05
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 36):

The demon collapses in a pool of ichor, its body switching through male and female forms until the flesh melts from the bones and you can no longer tell what seeming it had.
Urrun
 player, 216 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2019
at 20:26
Temple Hill
Urrun wrinkles his nose...  we go now
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 348 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 8 Aug 2019
at 20:59
Temple Hill
In reply to Incubus (msg # 37):

Hograth makes sure it is gone, as he apologized to the others for the demons rude interruption.
Nicodemus Aurelius
 NPC, 4 posts
 Priest of Vejovis
 unjust law is not a law
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 18:39
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 39):

The priest sighs."Alright everyone, we have an exorcism to perform. Get the bell, the candles, and the sacred earths"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:50, Thu 15 Aug 2019.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 349 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 20:46
Temple Hill
In reply to Nicodemus Aurelius (msg # 40):

Content that this is no longer a problem, Hograth departs.

"Now, back to that foolish priestess and our missing party member..."
Narrator
 GM, 6660 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 16:53
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 41):

You head back up the stairs. The other cultists are gone, the succubus has melted away to bones, and the priestess lies bleeding and laughing with her eyes rolled back at Gorran's feet.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 350 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 20:43
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 42):

"Ok, let us search this area for evidence and then get her to the Haderaum for questioning. We want to know where these demons came from, and who summoned them, and why. The inquisitors will be the best for finding that out. Good work, everyone. Now, Urrun, if you carry her, can you, Gorran stop her from casting any spells?"

He searches the immediate area, sort of.
Goran the Marked
 player, 152 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 21:35
Temple Hill
"If we bind her hands tightly and gag her I believe she should not be able to cast any spells.  Then we should be able to transport her safely.  I questioned her, and the Hadereum has not been implicated. "

Goran nods to himself in satisfaction after the work he had done, satisfied that he has performed his duties well.
Urrun
 player, 217 posts
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 03:17
Temple Hill
Urrun hefts the woman a to see if she will be a problem to carry.
Narrator
 GM, 6667 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 21:14
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 45):

Someone make a rope trying roll (DX-4) to properly secure her. She weighs about 240lbs, so she can be carried fairly easily, if slowly.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:23, Sat 17 Aug 2019.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 351 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 21:22
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 46):

Hograth's attempts with knots is not good. It fails at the first test...
Urrun
 player, 218 posts
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 22:19
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 46):

Pretty heavy for little woman...
Flora priestess
 NPC, 14 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 02:27
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 48):

The gag slips and she whispers into Urrun's ear as he carries her...
Make a will roll.
Urrun
 player, 219 posts
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 02:42
Temple Hill
Urrun cants his head slightly to hear her better ....
Goran the Marked
 player, 153 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 16:29
Temple Hill
Goran prepares his gear to go.

OOC I am assuming he did not hear or see what transpired, so he is going about his business as usual. 
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 352 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 08:42
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 51):

Unhappy with his knots, Hograth walks behind Urrun to keep an eye on them. He is not the most perceptive, but is likely to have noticed...
Narrator
 GM, 6683 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 12:58
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 52):

Urrun's ears prick up, his shoulders slump, and his tongue lolls as waves or weird pleasure
 roll over him, something like getting a belly rub right after rolling in the grass with a
dead fish... and hearing the strange chittering of locusts.
Urrun is very distracted, and weirdly, extremely happy.  His grip is slipping.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:23, Mon 26 Aug 2019.

Urrun
 player, 220 posts
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 16:08
Temple Hill
OOC -  Lol    I can just see that...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 353 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 22:46
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 53):

Hograth brought the flat of his axe down on the woman's head to knock her unconscious again...mumbling something about weak willed creatures.
Narrator
 GM, 6691 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:23
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 55):

It takes a very light tap to knock her out... In Urrun's state he has to make a will roll at -2 not to just drop her on her head.
Urrun
 player, 221 posts
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 03:48
Temple Hill
ooops...





20:47, Today: Urrun rolled 15 using 3d6.  Will.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 354 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 07:39
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 57):

If he sees me coming...I am behind him, right, and she is on his shoulder, so he would have pretty poor visibility!

But maybe he might just reduce the blow (ideally)...what is his encumbrance? Would he be able to even dodge entirely?

This message was last edited by the player at 07:40, Mon 26 Aug 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6701 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 13:29
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 58):

She is not being swung as a weapon, more sliding forward to the ground abd to the side of Urrun, not leaping over his shoulder. The bouda warrior is now leaning against the opposite wall, and twitching slightly.
Goran the Marked
 player, 154 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 16:58
Temple Hill
Goran grimaces at the sight in front of him.  the look quickly turns into a scowl that pulls at the mark on his face.  "I do not think I can combat this sorcery.  We may have to wait it out.  I will try what I can to see if we can recover Unrun."

OOC Esoteric Medicine or Exorcism, if appropriate.  He likely does not recognize the spell, so it's unlikely he can effectively pull Unrun out from under the influence - but he will try.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 355 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 07:26
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 60):

If Hograth failed in swinging with his axe, he will use his fists to punch her, until she is no longer able to cast spells.

"Perhaps if she is no longer conscious, the spell will end?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Tue 27 Aug 2019.

Urrun
 player, 222 posts
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 17:15
Temple Hill
No!  No ma-an, this is so good...
Flora priestess
 NPC, 15 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 02:02
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 61):

The drop onto her head is enough to knock her out.

Urrun continues tripping, as the veils between the spheres start to slide away....
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 356 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 07:14
Temple Hill
In reply to Flora priestess (msg # 63):

Veils between the spheres?
Goran the Marked
 player, 155 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 14:14
Temple Hill
OOC Goran have any luck trying to straighten out Unrun?  Assuming no, but he's trying whatever hocus pocus he has up his sleeve.
Narrator
 GM, 6723 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 15:47
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 64):

To Urrun's perspective that is what is going on beyond the physical effect. Will roll to get out of it.


Ooc the spell is Ecstasy and I am just flying with it. I believe RAW just gives the same -2 to everything that Agony does.
Urrun
 player, 223 posts
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 16:09
Temple Hill
Urrun starts to feel the  the good effects tapering off... he fights to prevent them going away, but has no ability to do so and slowly and unwillingly comes back to reality.
Narrator
 GM, 6730 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:16
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 67):

The unconscious priestess sighs. Her pupils two different sizes
Goran the Marked
 player, 156 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 20:02
Temple Hill
Goran finishes tending to Unrun as he starts to come out of his stupor.  The priestess sighs, but he really doesn't care about that.  She's still seemingly unconscious, or in some sort of delirious state, and that's good enough for him.  He begins to pick up his things and pack them so they can prepare to leave.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 357 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 23:08
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 69):

"Might be fun if she did not dabble with demons. But she does. Come on now, lets get her back..."

He hands Urrun his unconscious burden again, seeing how much he enjoyed carrying her last time, before taking back his crossbow, making sure it is cocked but not loaded, before slinging it and readying his axe and shield.
Urrun
 player, 224 posts
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 23:43
Temple Hill
Urrun resignedly carries her on...
Narrator
 GM, 6738 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 18:51
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 71):

You exit into the sunlight on temple hill. There is no sign of the various  escaped cultists, who may be anywhere. It is a fairly smooth walk of twenty minutes back to the Hadereum.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 358 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 20:49
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 72):

Where we will take the woman and explain the story...
Goran the Marked
 player, 157 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 21:59
Temple Hill
Goran will add the content of his questioning, explaining that none in the Hadereum are implicated in their religious rites.  He will also add in appropriate details about their worship practices, based on what he saw of their rites.  Finally, Goran will point out that they are outside of religious guidelines as set out by the Hadereum, as they were consorting with demons and other foul creatures.

He's be willing to help question the priestess if they needed assistance.  He has a certain zeal about these things.
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 59 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 16:09
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 74):

Upon arrival at the Hadereum, you are surprised to see the plutocrat leading a procession of acolytes and guards leading a few men in robes whose hands are tied together, and linked by a rope. He seems to be in a bad mood. A couple sets of laborers are pulling handcarts that are loaded with bodies.
Goran the Marked
 player, 158 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 18:26
Temple Hill
Goran does not address the pleurocrat directly.  Instead he turns to his fellow adventurer and asks in a quiet voice "Hograth, do you know how to interpret this?  It seems as if they are bringing home the dead and the murderers from an event.  How do you interpret the situation?  It seems like we should pause for a time to let this settle down."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 60 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 23:18
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 76):

The plutocrat  glances toward you with a look of frustration.
"Hograth, give me a hand with these prisoners. I see you have one of your own."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 359 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 07:45
Temple Hill
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 77):

"Indeed we do. She apparently likes sex so much she is willing even to consort of demons. What happened here, and what help do you need?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 159 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 16:04
Temple Hill
Goran is quick to interject "Be sure to keep her gagged.  She has the ability to manipulate people using her spiritual favors, and could be a problem to manage.  The weak willed could easily be swayed by her."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 61 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:50
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 79):

"There has been a grave incident. Flavius, secure that one, and see that she is bridled. Hograth, take these four to detention separate from her. Goran is it? And the dog man? Once you stow that one, I need your help taking these to the necrotorium below. Remember, don't walk on the mosaics unless you are wearing our robes. Flavius, put something on Goran and the dog."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 20:50, Tue 03 Sept 2019.

Goran the Marked
 player, 160 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:57
Temple Hill
Interesting.  Goran finds this very interesting.  And to his liking.  He's perhaps too eager to see where they are going and get involved with what they are doing.  He'll nod assent silently, and then get busy assisting the Plutocrat with his work.
Urrun
 player, 225 posts
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 21:11
Temple Hill
Urrun doesn't like the big words he doesn't know and doesn't like the sound of this ... this place is not his friend either.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 360 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 07:36
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 82):

"The dogman's name is Urrun, and he has proved very useful for sniffing out demons, something we should get back to doing. It sounds like this incident would be better dealt with by us, and you take care of the prisoners...tell us more about it, or should we walk and talk?"

Noticing Urrun is uncomfortable he will try to comfort him a little with a pat on the back.
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 62 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 17:23
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 83):

"It would appear that the incident has been dealt with;There were a set of contractors from the guild that slaughtered a group of cultists and demons engaged in unspeakable rites, and then later slew a demonologist. In so doing, they lost my envoy, who was here to hunt demons. What is this battered woman about?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 361 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 20:27
Temple Hill
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 84):

"She consorted with demons. We slew two of them engaged in sexual rites to create more of their vile offspring. Do we need to take up where your envoy left off?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 161 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 23:43
Temple Hill
Goran considers the conversation for a moment.  The dog man did not have religion, but he had proven himself worthy as a traveling companion.  He seemed honest enough, and was definitely someone to be counted on in a difficult moment.  Perhaps he could still be persuaded to accept religeon some time in the future.  It was a worthy exploration, and so Goran speaks up for his fellow adventurer.

"Urrun was more honorable in our travel than many I have worked with.  I would count him as a friend, and ask you treat him as such.  He helped us find demons among the common people, disguised as they sometimes can.  Without him, our work would not have been a success.

Also, this woman led many good people astray into perverted sexual rites with demons disguised as humans.  They used her to prey upon your citizens and create more of their own abominations as progeny.  She knowingly consorted with them and facilitated this abuse.  I have run into few as corrupted and evil as this woman, and she should be treated accordingly.

Be careful, she can twist even the most honest man with fake pleasures.  Given even a moment without her gag, and she could easily take control of a man, someone who you believe to be trustworthy.  Someone such as this...  It may be better that she is put to death instead of allowing her to continue this trail of shattered humanity."


OOC The disads on this character seem to warrant some strong words in this situation.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 362 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 10:17
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 86):

Hograth noted that she was still unconscious.

"But see if you can find out how she came upon them. I am not convinced that she had the magics to summon them herself. We need to find her co-conspiritors..."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 63 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 02:15
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 87):

"The Envoy was not of this world, and though helpful, she was banished from this world by means of a demonic spell of banishment. Those same contractors that dealt with this lot are now seeking a shop that sells accursed things.
  Very well, Urrun, you have done your penance for relieving yourself on the temple wall. These two speak highly of you, and I should take them at their word.
  This woman will be watched carefully, and put to question. I have seen her before, claiming to be here to revive the worship of Flora, the fertility goddess. There was a man with her, claiming to be a priest of Janus... did you deal with him harshly, or has he made his escape?"

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 363 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 05:36
Temple Hill
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 88):

"He has escaped only to the underworld, along with his demonic friends, with Urrun as his gatekeeper, if I am not mistaken. They can enjoy each others company there for eternity for all I care.

So we can leave them all in your capable hands? The other prisoners should carry her for now...if she works her magic on them, it is no loss to us. We should return and see if there are any further cults down there, and we will keep an eye out for the seller of demonic shit as well.
"
cultist
 NPC, 61 posts
 deluded soul
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 14:08
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 89):

The prisoners the acolyte is leading seem to be incapable of such a task; some are wounded, all have blank stares,and slack-jawed drooling visages.
They, and the dead wear sepia dyed robes, and have blackened nails and partially healed scratches on their faces. The folk you dealt with had a homespun robes and fliower crowns.
Goran the Marked
 player, 162 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 17:23
Temple Hill
Goran cares not for the priestess, and is content to leave her in a heap on the floor, unconscious, and in the dirt.  She was barely human to him, and after her actions with the demons he even questioned that much.  How she could consort with that ilk was beyond him.  Humans were not meant to consort with demons.  Why she made that decision had to be for some nefarious reason, whether it be money, power, or some other related sin.

As such, the man they called Goran the Marked was ready to do more of the work that he found to be fulfilling.

"I stand ready to accompany you to Temple Hill, Hograth, so we can continue the good work we have started."
Urrun
 player, 226 posts
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 19:04
Temple Hill
An' leave here
Narrator
 GM, 6773 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 20:33
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 92):

The Flora/Janus temple could use some searching.
Goran the Marked
 player, 163 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 21:50
Temple Hill
Goran nods his assent, but waits patiently for Hograth to assent.  He is more the leader than anyone, and Goran wants to make sure he's agreeable to the task before rushing off on his own.

He is, however, ready to go.  And perhaps overly eager to do so.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 364 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:51
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 94):

Hograth is ready to go as soon as the prisoner is dealt with. He looks to the Plutocrat to take charge of the prisoner...
Acolyte Flavius
 NPC, 41 posts
 junior plutocracy
 member
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:21
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 95):

The Acolyte has her in irons, including a contraption that looks like a cross between a cafe and a spiked horse's bridle.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 365 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:33
Temple Hill
In reply to Acolyte Flavius (msg # 96):

It seems like the plutocrat has things under control, so I will lead Goran and Urrun back to where we left off, and head to the temple of Flora/Janus.
Narrator
 GM, 6782 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:55
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 97):

As you head out, you spot two folks with staves and a book approaching. One is a dirty looking elf with a ferret.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 366 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 08:29
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 98):

Is there anything about them that should get our attention?
Goran the Marked
 player, 164 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 15:16
Temple Hill
OOC I think Goran would be somewhat excited to go clean up more religious deviants, and might be pre-occupied.  He not notice unless something stands out (beyond the ferret, which might be enough...)
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1767 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Tue 10 Sep 2019
at 00:48
Temple Hill
"... ... an t'en Escrivan said 'But that's not my banan-', oh hey, t'e Plutocrat, we're in luck."

The elf seems to be quite happy to see Plutocrat Remulos, and as he approaches he arranges the book he's carrying so it's title will be easily visible to the Plutocrat.

He gives a quick bow, "Plutocrat Remulos, we've discovered this book which best belongs locked in t'e Hadereum's care or destroyed.  Is a text on demonic contract law that suspect is a trap for t'e unwary, an contained a scroll to summon an imp."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 367 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 10 Sep 2019
at 07:27
Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 101):

That book would do the trick!

"Where did you find that?"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:28, Tue 10 Sept 2019.

Goran the Marked
 player, 165 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 10 Sep 2019
at 22:51
Temple Hill
The mention of the book grabs Goran's attention.  He immediately loses the anticipation of cleaning out more corrupted worshippers as something of far more interest comes to light.  This was just the sort of thing that could influence many to the dark side of religion.  A book filled with such corrupted thoughts and ideas was truly dangerous in the wrong hands.  He steps closer to see if he can get a good look at the book and it's contents, while listening carefully for the stranger's answer to Hograth's question..
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 64 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 00:19
Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 101):

"What? Another? Thank you for delivering that to us.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1769 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 19:22
Temple Hill
Jareth looks over Hograth for a moment before answering in a guarded tone, "In a library."

His response to the Plutocrat however is quick and open, "Not like t'e ot'er one.  This just be about demonic contract law, no summonin rituals aside from t'e scroll tucked in.  Though, t'ere be writtin on t'e page corners take as bein trap, didn't read enough to confirm.  Ken better in my old age than when was young an foolish."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 65 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 20:11
Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 105):

"This is serious, and I appreciate  your discretion. We are a little busy here, is there anything we can do for you and Nodwin's group?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 368 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 20:16
Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 105):

"Just found it is a library? Where was this library? Was it open to the public?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 166 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 21:01
Temple Hill
"Yes" Goran adds.  "If this was in a library which was publicly accessible I need to know about it.  We can't have corrupt demonic cults springing up all over.  Even the best citizen can debase themselves reading literature like this."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 66 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 01:49
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 108):

"Such things turn up out of catalog in many places books are kept. Demons often have their servants place them among the volumes as a way of drawing more into their snares."
Goran the Marked
 player, 167 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 18:20
Temple Hill
Goran nods in agreement, scowling a little bit, which causes some odd wrinkles around his scar.  "That is what concerns me.  Good citizens will not do this of their own accord.  It is the ones corrupted by the foul abominations that do this work.  We must ferret that out if we wish to keep Shevnia unsullied."

OOC I don't know if that's quite the correct reference, please tell me what is if incorrect.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 369 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 04:54
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 110):

"Which brings us back to the question: where was it found?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1770 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 22:50
Temple Hill
Responding to Plutocrat Remulos, "As fer t'e renovation of t'e block, goin wellish.  No further evidence of t'e cult's activities, though we did stumble across t'e old 'Boogeyman of t'e Sewers' an cured him of his insanity curse.  He's restin with t'e Clementiae."

"Won't take any more yer time Plutocrat," he gestures towards the Hadereum building, "who should we see about turnin this in fer t'e bounty?"



To Hograth, "A private library, known fer havin t'e weird books in." He fingers his Brotherhood ring*, "Wouldnay even brought it if weren't fer t'e trap an summonin scroll."



* Brotherhood of Sages, ie the Sages Guild.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:58, Fri 13 Sept 2019.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 370 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 23:02
Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 112):

"The sages, hey? That sounds like another problem for the Plutocrat then. I guess we will head back to the Temple Hill in that case. Thanks for the information, though."

He turns and heads back to the Temple Hill.
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 67 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 14:36
Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 112):

"That is admirable! If you can find any more like this," he says, holding the book distastefully with two fingers""It would be appreciated. We have just licensed a tavern near you, and made an agreement with the druids to work on a greenspace where that hole in the city was.  Let me get you some paperwork on expansion. If that area doesn't  pick up some more i habitants, we won't  be able to keep the streets through it in repair, and I will have to put up with the Merchant's Guild complaining about congestion to and from the docks, which is the last thing I need."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1772 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 02:02
Temple Hill
"At your pleasure Plutocrat."



OCC: Are we separating?  Does the Plutocrat want us to follow him?
Narrator
 GM, 6806 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 22:38
Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 115):

The plutocrat is busy, head back home, along with a point each in base.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1777 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 22:55
Re: Temple Hill
Narrator:
The plutocrat is busy, head back home, along with a point each in base.

I take it there is no tangible, monetary, reward for turning in the book and scroll?

Narrator
 GM, 6810 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 23:07
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 117):

If you press the point, make a reaction roll at -2. Anything above 11 gets you $50, at 14 or better $100
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1778 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 02:16
Re: Temple Hill
"To t'e Guild t'en Jocelyn?"




Narrator:
If you press the point, make a reaction roll at -2. Anything above 11 gets you $50, at 14 or better $100

With the way the dice loathe me, this'll be one of those rare moments I roll a 3.

As for the Guild business, I'm willing to accept making a 'gathering info' (Savoir Faire (Guild) or Area Knowledge (Guild)?) roll to check and see if the Drakes are whom they claimed they were and moving along.

Goran the Marked
 player, 168 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 20:39
Re: Temple Hill
Hograth walks off, but Goran lingers.  The emblem of the Sage's guild on the ring of the strange gentleman gave him considerable pause.  This wasn't some backwater isolated group that might be exposed to this sort of evil religion.  It was a mainstream group with distinguished citizens in the city, who were in theory doing respectable work.  The possibility they could be compromised by this sort of tome was something that he took very seriously, and could not walk away from as easily as Hograth could.  The corruption that a book like this could spread was almost too much to fathom, depending on what sensitive locations converts to this sort of demon worship ended up in.

At the same time, the very mainstream nature of the sage's guild meant that it was large, well organized, and had the usual layers of bureaucracy.  It wasn't like Goran could walk in there and start sorting through their library to find tomes tarnished by demons or worse.  Scholars often valued their secular works with equal or higher esteem than their religious works.  For them, the pursuit of intellect was far more valuable than their spirituality.

Most of them had been exposed to religion, and typically had made a conscious choice to go without for one reason or another.  Goran consistently found this sort to be misled and oblivious to the larger meaning of life.  They clung blindly to what they knew, and measured others by knowledge rather than faith.  However, many were well-meaning dispite their handicap, so Goran tried to meet them with kindness.  There were none so blind as those who chose what they saw, rather than accepting that much of the world was in the hands of a greater being.

Finally, after a very long pause where he measured his possibilities, Goran reluctantly turns to follow Hograth.  He can't do it without stopping to look wistfully backward several times.  Given the political situation, the potential corruption of the sage's guild wasn't a problem Goran could handle in the moment.  He had more acute issues out at Temple Hill that needed to be addressed.  Still, Goran promises himself that he will come back to the issue.  He would go with Hograth for now, to do the work that needed to be done.  Once that was complete, he could start working on a plan to handle the bigger issue of the sage's guild.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 371 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 08:37
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 120):

Sensing his friends reluctance, Hograth waited until he caught up, walking a little slower to enable that to happen.

"The tome bothers you. I understand. It bothers me too, but you must remember, it is a symptom, not the source. It was put there by demon worshipers who came from somewhere else.

When you fight a fire, do you deal with the troublesome smoke? No, deal with the fire first, then deal with the damage and smoke it has caused if you must. Fighting the fight the other way round is a sure way to loose the war. And we are in a war, make no mistake. These demons and their gullible servants are fighting, and fighting hard. We will not deal with them by running after their the damage they caused if we cannot deal with the root of the problem. Sages will deal with sages, once the plutocrat tells them what is going on. They are much better equipped to do so, because sages don NOT like people controlling them, in my experience. What the city needs is strong folk to go where the demons have their stronghold. That is what I intend on doing...
"
Goran the Marked
 player, 169 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 16:41
Re: Temple Hill
Goran raises an eyebrow at his friend's comments.  Hograth knew him better than he thought, although it was safe to say his concerns were pretty evident in his behavior.  With barely a pause, Goran nods and agrees with his friend.  "Yes, this is true.  But I cannot help it.  The presence of that tome could have influenced a great many people.  The damage it could have caused sickens me.  I will carry this burden for some time.  Still, we must proceed with our task.  I do not know whether the cults on Temple Hill caused the tome to appear in the sage's guild somehow, or if the book led people to begin the corruption of Temple Hill.  Regardless, we cannot fix the problems with the sage's guild easily.  They must police their own for now.  We can make a difference where we are going.  Lead on, my friend."
Narrator
 GM, 6815 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 13:57
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 122):

You make your way up the path to the new abandoned Temple of Flora and Janus. Surely something must remain...

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:58, Fri 20 Sept 2019.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1780 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 19:23
Re: Temple Hill
Narrator:
You make your way up the path to the new abandoned Temple of Flora and Janus. Surely something must remain...

And msg #119?

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 436 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 21:23
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 124):

Jocelyn goes with you...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 372 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 22:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 123):

We will head into the structure and back down to where we were...
Goran the Marked
 player, 170 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 22:57
Re: Temple Hill
Goran runs a quick inventory of his equipment to make sure everything is in order, and then nods for Hograth to continue on.

OOC I assume Urrun is with us too.
Urrun
 player, 227 posts
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 23:17
Re: Temple Hill
Yes, just being quiet ... he doesn't like the Hadereum or anyone associated with it.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 373 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 21 Sep 2019
at 00:43
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 128):

Including us? My feeling might be hurt...if I had any!
Urrun
 player, 228 posts
Sat 21 Sep 2019
at 03:18
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 129):

Oh you get grudging respect ... you have supported him and he doesn't forget so quickly, but he didn't like being close to or dealing with that Hadereum scum.
Narrator
 GM, 6823 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 130):

Urrun had been arrested, conscripted, and volunteered for this job because of their response to a natural function, and spoken down to, misnamed and conflated with being a dog. He has no reason to be amicable toward Hades priests.


The main room of the temple of Janus and Flora, currently filled with an array of corpses, human and otherwise, has a few more side doors than you had noticed previously.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 374 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 23 Sep 2019
at 11:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 131):

Hograth understood Urruns hostility, but hoped to help him work through it. He moves towards the side doors to check them out one at a time.
Goran the Marked
 player, 171 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 23 Sep 2019
at 14:34
Re: Temple Hill
Goran follows Hograth to the door, noting the bodies laying all around.

OOC I wasn't here when Goran was created.  Should there be some sort of burial celebration, even if the people were desecrated by demon spawn?  Not sure if Goran should be doing anything here besides more of the cleansing part.  As a player I'm not sure what the exact tenants of his religious beliefs are.
Narrator
 GM, 6830 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 20:55
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 133):

Goran is a priest of the Death god of the winter solstice, as such burning rather than burying would be the order of the day, as the ground would be too frozen. As such, Hors is a god of death and renewal.
Goran the Marked
 player, 172 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 20:10
Re: Temple Hill
Goran says to Hograth quietly, as they approach the door "Once we have cleansed this temple of it's corruption, we should create a funeral pyre to properly renew the holy ground here.  The remains of these people will only bring more corruption and rot if not handled properly."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 375 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 20:34
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 135):

"Agreed..."

We will continue on...
Urrun
 player, 230 posts
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 20:51
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun shakes his head at the desecration of the dead they speak of.
Narrator
 GM, 6838 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 01:09
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 137):

Urrun's people would make sky burials of their dead, raising them on platforms to be cleaned by the vultures and neither worms nor beasts nor flames. Those who bury were simply asking for the remains to be eaten.


The large chamber has four exits: the one to the exterior, from which you entered (west), one with stairs down, from whence you originally came (south) and one opposite each of them.
The one to the East is beside a statue of flora wreathed in flowers, the one to the north has a statue of the two faced god Janus, also garlanded.

There are about a dozen bodies of cultists, and the winged, skeletal remains of the succubus/incubus, and the body of the priest. These remain unsearched.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 376 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 07:36
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 138):

"Their valuables need removal to discourage theives..."

He searches them...
Urrun
 player, 231 posts
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 20:53
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun has no issues searching the dead, they don't need coin any more ... or any jewelry.
Narrator
 GM, 6850 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 22:02
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 140):

Urrun finds a few pouches of copper coin, and on the priest, a silver medallion set with chabochon stones(or glass beads) on a thin silver chain. He also wears a silver ring with an onyx stone.
Goran the Marked
 player, 173 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 22:18
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will assist them with the searching, and also gather the bodies together for a funeral burn.

It doesn't even occur to him to ask if anyone else has burial rites, because in his mind there is really only one good way to do things.  He holds a fairly large amount of contempt for the unsanctioned religions.

OOC Yes, this is fairly obnoxious of him in context.  Playing the disads here in what I hope is a reasonably appropriate manner. 
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 377 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 1 Oct 2019
at 00:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 142):

Hograth will assist in removing valuables and gathering the bodies to burn.
Urrun
 player, 232 posts
Tue 1 Oct 2019
at 01:44
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun pockets his findings, but doesn't help gather or stack bodies.
Goran the Marked
 player, 174 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 1 Oct 2019
at 18:38
Re: Temple Hill
OOC A bit unsure how to handle this more subtle social situation.  Would Goran recognize that Urrun has religion on some level, or would that escape him?  And, even if he does recognize the religion, would he respect Urrun enough to actually ask about it?  Not sure I know what would be appropriate in the game world, and I thought to ask rather than just doing something.

Goran thinks his religion carries more weight than most others, and tends to not respect a bunch of what's out there.  Trying to find the right level of a**hole without ruining party dynamics.

Narrator
 GM, 6857 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 21:21
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 145):

In order of religious preference: (out of character)

Goran, as a priest of Hors, is all about pyres.

Hograth, as a servant of Hades, would be all about burial, possibly with the legs bound, and might be stubborn about that.

Urrun, would perform sky burials for sapient beings he respected, and possibly eat those he didn't.

Urrun wants to be free of anything to do with the church of HAdes, and maybe find some of the other Bouda that are about town.

As the pyre is paramount to Goran, he may need to find fuel; he can create fire, but needs something to burn.
Goran the Marked
 player, 175 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 22:46
Re: Temple Hill
OOC If memory serves Urrun joined us to get out of trouble for urination in a bad location, i.e. he couldn't find a convenient fire hydrant.  Things have gone well, but probably only because we have not discussed religious preferences.  Would it be fair to say Urrun and Hograth are co-existing mostly because we have not had a religious discussion yet?

I mostly asked for the guidance because I skimmed back history but don't recall if a religious discussion had ever come up with Hograth.  And, what Goran knows about the religious beliefs of the various animal-humans would be one of the finer points I haven't yet run across.

There is also the whole player knowledge-versus-party continuity angle.  Don't want to metagame, part of the reason I am trying to figure out just how much Goran would know.

Urrun
 player, 233 posts
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 23:50
Re: Temple Hill
Fire Hydrant, Hadereum... only difference is the fire hydrant is useful.


From Urrun's perspective, these are your people ... dispose them as you see fit. I think the only female Bouda present was the Succubus doing a shape change.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 378 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 02:27
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 148):

Given these folk consorted with demons, would Hograth really care about what happened to their bodies? Would he not want to just see them destroyed? Perhaps even as punishment?
Narrator
 GM, 6861 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 17:49
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 148):

You have heard that there are other bouda in town.

Carry on.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 379 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 21:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 150):

For reasons mentioned, Hograth is happy to have Goran cleaning up. Once the cleanup is done, he will look for where to go next.
Goran the Marked
 player, 176 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 20:18
Re: Temple Hill
After the bodies are all ransacked and stacked in the middle of the area, Goran will move to the others to continue with the search of the temple.

"They can be burned when we leave, no need to smell the stench now."

OOC Goran will take all the appropriate precautions that he knows to do, just in case.  I recall notes in other threads about too many bones touching and that sort of stuff, but Goran may or may not know about any of that stuff.

Also, the assumption is that the others would help with assembling appropriate combustibles to keep the bodies on fire once lit.  If they don't help Goran will do it off screen.  Just want to make sure his actions are documented, while keeping the main thread moving.

Narrator
 GM, 6863 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 20:25
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 152):

At the least you would need to gather brush from outside on temple hills to start a pure. Make an undead lore roll if you have it.

There are two doorways unexplored; one with a garlanded statue of Flora with some poutti (wingless cherubs) and a ple of flowers; and one beside a statue of Janus, also bestooned both flowers
Urrun
 player, 234 posts
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 22:07
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun will go to the Flora door way and look in, but not step in just yet.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 380 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 22:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 154):

Hograth will do minimal preparations with the bodies...they consorted with demons after all, so were not worthy of any honour, before going to assist Urrun, axe and shield ready. He does have hidden lore (undead)... but he would do no more than to ensure they stay down.

"Off we go then..."
Narrator
 GM, 6870 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 13:51
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 155):

Stacking unconsecrated remains allow for ghulae to enter our world, bodies not slain by undead and not given funeral rites can reanimated with outside assistance, and generally will not on their own unless particularly strong willed, and with strong feelings about unfinished business.  Any of them that you killed cannot comeback at all.

Beyond the flora statue is a domed room with a shaft of sunlight descending from an opening in the top of the dome. There is an altar covered with flowers, and a finer looking statue of flora with most of its original paint.
Goran the Marked
 player, 177 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 15:45
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will gather some vegitation to do as you stated, but will not start the fire yet.  Instead, he will get everything ready for a Shevnian burial ritual, and then proceed with assisting the others.

OOC He has Occultism and Hidden Lore: Spirits, so unless any of those apply he would not have any knowledge beyond what everyone else has.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 381 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 19:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 157):

In which case Hograth will really just be concerned about cleaning up, and then moving on. He will check the next room for any signs of demonic influence...before looking for other exits from that room.
Goran the Marked
 player, 178 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 9 Oct 2019
at 23:25
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will join them as soon as he is done with the tasks.

OOC Not sure if that is being done off screen, or if they will be exploring while he is working.  Whatever the timing is...let me know when appropriate.
Narrator
 GM, 6876 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 12:20
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 159):

The bodies are laid out, but holding on being burnt until you can gather fuel for the flames. If you want to take ten minutes to perform an exorcism here, then the others will stand by.
Goran the Marked
 player, 179 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 13:37
Re: Temple Hill
OOC Goran would perform the exorcism, I think.  Religion is his first priority, and it's likely the shrine is uninhabited after the recent carnage.
Narrator
 GM, 6879 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 15:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 161):

Pausing on a hunt for firewood, Goran begins an exorcism, marking the perimeter of the room with his flaming flail, and chanting.

Make a roll, then we proceed.
Goran the Marked
 player, 180 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 15:52
Re: Temple Hill
For 10 long minutes Goran performs his work, chanting and using his flail aflame with religious fire.  He paces around the perimeter of the room, performing exact movements, and praying aloud.  And then, after the extended ritual, he extinguishes the flam on his morningstar, and takes a knee to both rest, and to pray.
Urrun
 player, 235 posts
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 22:13
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun slips into the flowery room and looks around .. at least it smells good in here.
Narrator
 GM, 6884 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 04:48
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 164):

There is a faint scent of corruption lurking beneath the smell of the flowers. The statue, which also has painted carved stone flowers, is also garlands, and the altar is covered with flowers, and surrounded by 5hem.
Urrun
 player, 236 posts
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 18:08
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun wrinkles his nose at the scent of corruption and backs out ... Stinks of bad in there covered with flowers.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 382 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 00:52
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 166):

Hograth will try to pinpoint the source of the corruption smell.
Narrator
 GM, 6897 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 20:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 167):

There are layers and layers of flowers here, the sickly odor of rot may be coming from them... or beneath them.

Search/ per-4 rolls unless just hauling them out of the room... then flat per+1
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 383 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:20
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 168):

Hograth will start by looking under the flowers, removing them only if unsuccessful.
Goran the Marked
 player, 181 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:20
Re: Temple Hill
OOC Goran is performing his exorcism until you tell me otherwise.
Narrator
 GM, 6902 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 23:36
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 170):

Exorcism complete, all in floral room.
Urrun
 player, 237 posts
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 04:40
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun uses his nose and other senses to point at what he thinks is the source
Narrator
 GM, 6908 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 13:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 172):

The layers of flowers conceal rot, some of which may not be vegetal in nature. There is old blood here.
Urrun
 player, 238 posts
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 18:21
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun will point it out.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 384 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 17 Oct 2019
at 03:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 173):

"This shrine has clearly been corrupted. It will need cleaning and resanctification."
Narrator
 GM, 6920 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 16:32
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 175):

That is probably likely. Are you investigating further?
Goran the Marked
 player, 182 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 23:26
Re: Temple Hill
"Perhaps you would assist me in removing the tainted items?  I intend to create a burial pyre for the dead out there, as befits a Shevnian funeral.  Could we not use whatever is tainted in here to assist with the fire, or throw it on after the bodies have burned to cleanse it?"

OOC fire cleans everything.  No way something like that could be corrupted by old blood or evil...  And by this I mean he's confident and perhaps blind to the alternative.
Urrun
 player, 239 posts
Sat 19 Oct 2019
at 03:09
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun takes a step back and gently shakes his head.
Goran the Marked
 player, 183 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 15:37
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is surprised at this reaction, as he didn't expect the reaction from Urrun.  However, instead of asking his fellow adventurer a question out loud, he instead gives him a quizzical look.  As his eyebrow arches up in a questioning eye gesture, he feels it pull on his facial scar a bit uncomfortably.
Urrun
 player, 240 posts
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 15:54
Re: Temple Hill
The look on airtime face is inscrutable. , So you send ashes to the next life? Think this is good?
Goran the Marked
 player, 184 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 14:26
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is taken aback by Urrun's question, but he answers it straight, assuming that the dog-man does not understand how the Shevnian religion works.

"We believe that the spirit of a person leaves his body at death.  The body is left behind, and it is our responsibility to cleanse what is left and return it to the earth, using fire.  The ashes left behind fertilize the soil, and give us the means to sustain ourselves as we move forward with our lives.

Those left behind can celebrate the lives of the dead with a beautiful bonfire.  The dancing flames will keep them warm, and they can celebrate the memories of their loved ones while they watch them leave this world.  It's a wonderful ceremony, full of sorrow but done with much love.  I find that it draws families and friends together, to build the bonds that link them over their lifetime.

Is this not how you do things...?"


OOC Not sure what the tenants of the Shevnian religion are so I went with what made sense.  If incorrect, please let me know.
Urrun
 player, 241 posts
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 17:48
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun shakes his head violently ... NO, put dead on,  umm,   high table with gifts and ceremony. Then leave, spirit travels away, animals take some sometimes if spirit permits this. All stay away for three moons. Then spirit gone and ... who cares about table.
Goran the Marked
 player, 185 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 19:39
Re: Temple Hill
Goran's face contorts into something between horror and incredulousness...  It's obvious he's shocked, and almost as a reaction the words pour out of his mouth, even as he feels his heart clench in judgement:

"We would never allow a human being to be treated like this!  That's how you treat animals!  What you describe is barbaric!"

Goran catches himself after a moment.  While his eyes remain wide with shock, he stops talking, although his mouth still moves for a few seconds.  Almost visibly, he wills himself to regain his composure, and his face slowly regains his more customary discipline.  In a more measured voice, he continues a moment later.

"The Shevnian religion does not allow this.  We are very strict on our rituals and practices.  It may be that you have death rituals, but we do not recognize them as valid.  In fact my leadership would identify your ways as something more akin to Shamanism instead of a valid religion.  It's a basic tenant of our religion, and not negotiable.  These people must be buried according to the Shevnian way."

After saying this, Goran sighs.  Then he pushes a gloved hand through his hair, pulling off his helmet as he does so.  The gesture conveys conflict, as Goran feels an internal pull in many different directions.  Religion has defined his whole life, and his connection to his god was strong.  In this moment he was feeling tested, like he had a direct challenge to his religious beliefs.  He could not help but react defensively to this, because it was something so close to his heart.

At the same time, these were the conversations he most hated to have.  There were many good people who were misguided about religion and what it meant.  They clung to pagan rituals, and the traditions of their past, without ever questioning whether they really meant anything.  In most cases they never knew any better, but also had no interest in looking at the bigger picture.

Religion was one place where people were often the most resistant to change, and he guessed Urrun would be no different.  Goran knew that religion would come between them, and he hated it.  However, he had undergone rituals, and made oaths, and he was bound by the life he had chosen.  Even beyond this, it was something he cared deeply about, and that wasn't something he was going to change.

Still, Urrun had proven honorable, even if he was a savage.  Goran recognized this.  It was hard for him to separate the person from the religion in many cases, but in this moment he could.  Thus, he finishes off his comments with:

"Urrun, you have been honorable in fighting against the demons, and against the corruption we found here.  I recognize that.  We have a difference in religious beliefs, and I do not take that lightly.  However, I can separate the two in this moment.  As long as you can respect my ways with regards to these humans, I will not leave or ask you to leave.  However, I cannot proceed in the way you would for your own kin.  This has to be done my way."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:40, Tue 22 Oct 2019.

Urrun
 player, 242 posts
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 20:17
Re: Temple Hill
So Your relig-eon say do it our way or go away, you bad?  Most relig-eon say this ... although all say things not the same as other ones.
We have many, many life times experience with our way. Not do evil with those be dead.  You do .. I not help, not watch, not stay close to such evil.



Urrun heads for the door to outside, where he will wait.
Narrator
 GM, 6936 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 21:08
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 184):

Two holy types of conflicting religion and a barbarian... what could go wrong?
Urrun
 player, 243 posts
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 00:00
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 185):

God's idea of a true test of his teachings...
Goran the Marked
 player, 186 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 17:38
Re: Temple Hill
While Goran does not approve of Urrun's response, or his handling of the situation, he also recognizes that he has not been condemned for having different beliefs.  It was an impasse, but also a truce of sorts.  That was the most he could have hoped for, given the difficult situation between them.  For a moment Goran purses his lips, biting back any comments he might have in response to what Urrun said.  Instead, he quietly watches the bouda leave, before going about his business.

OOC Take all the flammables and use them to provision the pyre of bodies.  Take all the corrupted items identified by Urrun and being them along too, so they can be put on the fire at it's height.  Once all of that is done, perform the ritual, and the burn the corpses.  When the fire is at it's hottest, then add anything Urrun identified as corrupted.

You gave us a nice opportunity for RP with this one, but yes...  It is a very difficult position for the 2 characters to be in.  I'm not sure how they reconcile this, if they even can.

Narrator
 GM, 6940 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 01:36
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 187):

I will need a search roll in the flower room to identify what is there, or Per-5. Urrun would have a bonus to this...
Urrun
 player, 244 posts
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 04:33
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun is willing to do that, but his nose has been deadened by all the scents present and he can't point out anything.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 385 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 188):

Separate from Hograth s roll in message #169?

He has been staying out of this discussion because, frankly, he sees these as demon worshippers who have already been sent to hell, but he is not particularly comfortable with either suggestion.
Narrator
 GM, 6949 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 00:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 189):

Urrun starts sneezing repeatedly, causing his ears to pop, and his eyes are itchy and watery from all of the pollen.

Clearing aside the rotting flowers, Hograth finds a set of sigils painted on the back of the altar, and feels something uncomfortable.... IQ+holiness (or power investiture)

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:43, Sun 27 Oct 2019.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 386 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 04:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 191):

Hograth definitely feels uncomfortable here...
Goran the Marked
 player, 187 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 17:51
Re: Temple Hill
OOC Is Goran also feeling uncomfortable, or just Hograth?  You didn't specify, but I believe Goran should be performing a different set of work.
Narrator
 GM, 6994 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 14:53
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 193):

If in the room, he should roll.

As more is cleared away, it becomes evident that this area has been repororposed, and consecrated to something antiethical to nature magic... something quite alien was being worshipped here.
Goran the Marked
 player, 188 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 15:27
Re: Temple Hill
A few seconds after Hograth feels his discomfort, Goran steps into the room to get another load of flammables, and pulls up short immediately.

"Something is very off here.  I didn't notice it at first, but now that my thoughts are clearer, this evil feeling seems familiar..."

Narrator
 GM, 6997 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 19:45
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 195):

This area has an elder aspect.
Goran the Marked
 player, 189 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 19:52
Re: Temple Hill
With a sigh, Goran sits down for a moment.  He takes off his helm with a gloved hand and sighs.  "We are going to have to exorcise this room as well.  It seems that some have dedicated this room to the elder beings.  While they are not good or evil, necessarily, they are also not fit for human worship.  We are mere ants to them, and they care not what we do or do not.  This place must also be cleansed."

OOC Since I made the roll by a lot, I took some liberties.  And played disadvantages.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 387 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 23:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 197):

"New corruption or old, it all needs to be gotten rid of. Lets hurry up about it so we can find the perpetrators."
Narrator
 GM, 7002 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 00:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 198):

The altar might simply be smashed as a start in ridding the taint.
Goran the Marked
 player, 190 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 19:02
Re: Temple Hill
Goran appraises the situation for a couple minutes as they are looking things over.  Once Hograth speaks up, Goran nods.  "This place must be cleansed.  I agree with you.  Please do what you must to cleanse this area while I handle my people outside.  Those citizens had souls, and by Hors I must make sure their bodies are properly cleaned and prepared.

I cannot sanction your cleansing of this area, but if it removes the taint then it may be sufficient.  When you are done, I will come back and make sure it will meet with Hors' expectations.

While I respect your honor and integrity, Hograth, I must answer to Hors in religious matters.  I hope you understand and respect my clarity on the issue."


OOC As a player, I know an exorcism should be the same everywhere.  For the intolerant Goran, only his way is valid.  I tried very hard to word his reaction in such a way as to show him being a jerk, without fracturing the party if possible.  Not sure if it will work, but the correct approach is a very fine line, almost impossible to find given the situation, really.

That's good GMing, since these are the sorts of no-win situations we sometimes have to navigate in real life...

Narrator
 GM, 7009 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:59
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 200):

Urrun breathes in the fresh air at the entrance, free from demonic and otherworldly taint. Neither of these priestly men, the yooman and the dwarf are civilized. Regretfully, Urrun may have to see them done with this place to be made free of the Hadereum so that he might join some of the bouda in this town and be among his own people.
Urrun
 player, 245 posts
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 03:26
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun considers the choices with distaste, it's almost worth going back to the wilds, although that was a tough life with little future.
If he could fly, he'd pee on the Hadereum again. But the reality was that he had to see these weird savages through their task ... he howls his frustration, nose high in the air,  then turns and heads back in ...might as well get it over with.
Narrator
 GM, 7016 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 16:58
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 202):

While the yooman is still trying to build a pyre, The short one is trying to knock over a rock... that seems more bearable to deal with.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 388 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 04:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 203):

Are we done doing our mundane stuff cleaning up?
Urrun
 player, 246 posts
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 19:06
Re: Temple Hill
He can help push a rock over... that doesn't seem so repulsive.
Narrator
 GM, 7114 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 23:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 205):

You topple the altar stone, smashing it, and something subtle shifts in the room.

The dead flowers hardly make a good pyre, but can start one.

(Create and shape fire may be necessary without a lot of fuel,)


The other archway has yet to be explored
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 389 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 11:44
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 206):

Having done that, Hograth will check out the last archway.
Goran the Marked
 player, 192 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 16:16
Re: Temple Hill
OOC Goran is working on his funeral pyre until such time as you tell him he isn't.
Narrator
 GM, 7120 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 21:48
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 208):

The other two enter a small domed room with a two faced statue of Janus, the god of doorways. He is pointing to a blank wall between archways with his staff, and holds a key th his other hand.
 The room has four blank archways, each supported by a different style of pillar, doric, ionic, corinthian, and composite.

Before the statue is an altar with a book.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:02, Thu 02 Jan.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 390 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 02:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 209):

Hograth will investigate the book, then statue, then the rest of the room.
Narrator
 GM, 7136 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 14:08
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 210):

The book does not seem to go with everything else in the room. The cover is glossy and irridescent,  the writing is in a language you have never seen, although a few characters resemble the graffiti
from the defacement of the other altar.
There are diagrams, but they hurt your eyes to look at. Some resemble demonological summoning circles, others look like the lines move whrn you glance away, and some times it looks like the page is further away than the writing is, or like the writing is actually enourmous, and you are looking at it from a great distance through a page shaped hole.

Tmake a will roll.

If that succeeds,  make a per roll about the statue.
Urrun
 player, 247 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 19:45
Re: Temple Hill
Assuming He at least glances at the book ....
Narrator
 GM, 7147 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 21:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 212):

Urrun avoids staring too deeply into the book. And also notices scrapes in a circle on the floor around the square base of the statue.
Urrun
 player, 248 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 21:05
Re: Temple Hill
He points the circle out to Hograth
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 391 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 09:20
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 214):

Hograth steels his mind, and takes it all in...
Narrator
 GM, 7153 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 18:56
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 215):

The statue looks like it pivots to point at the blank archways. The four of them each have a different type of column: each of them has fluted columns, the entry you came through has smooth ones, with scrollwork tops.
The doric colums are fluted, with simple rounded capitals.
The ionic columns are fluted and have scrolling capitals similar to the tucan columns you entered through.
The Corinthian columns are fluted and have capitals shaped like curled leaves.
The Composite columns are fluted and have a blend of both leaf and scroll shaped capitals.
The altar is simple, supported by four tuscan columns like the doorway, and has simple panels between the colums, marked with a frieze of spirals. The top of the altar has no signs of the kind of marks that blood sacrifice leave.

The book on the altar is not written in a script you know, feels wrong, and should be brought to the Hadereum.
 The statue of Janus has good workmanship, and is orthodox in its theological representation, suitable to the same pantheon as Hades.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 392 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 03:23
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 216):

"The Book needs to be taken to the Hadereum. Perhaps the statue as well. Lets look at that pivot mechanism, to see how it works..."

He puts the book into his pack and begins to play with the statue to work it out some.
Narrator
 GM, 7161 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 16:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 217):

The statue pivots surprisingly easily. toward which doorway are you pointing?
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 393 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 08:55
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 218):

Lets go with the first doorway.
Narrator
 GM, 7173 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 19:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 219):

The statue swings to point at the archway with the doric columns.
The space between them ripples and becomes  pale and irridescent.
Urrun
 player, 249 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:03
Re: Temple Hill
What happen?
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 394 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 04:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 221):

"Looks like we opened a portal. Lets see where it goes...."

Hograth readies his axe and shield and prepares to enter it...looking first.
Urrun
 player, 250 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 22:27
Re: Temple Hill
Maybe no good idea
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 395 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 00:28
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 223):

"Thought you wanted to get out of this place?"

Can Hograth see or sense anything through the gate?
Urrun
 player, 251 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 02:53
Re: Temple Hill
Umm yeah, but not to worse place; not know where this go
Narrator
 GM, 7191 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 225):

Hograth cannot see through the gate. Does he enter or otherwise test it?
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 396 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 03:16
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 226):

If he can think of a way to test it, he will. Otherwise, he will ready himself and step through...
Narrator
 GM, 7194 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 15:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 227):

Hograth steps through the shimmer... and disappears!

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:02, Wed 01 Jan.

Urrun
 player, 252 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 17:40
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun steps back from the shimmering Gate, unsure of what to do.
Narrator
 GM, 7205 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 17:04
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 229):

Goran, make a per roll.

Also, your pyre should be outdoors, I will assume you have been dragging bodies outside.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:05, Thu 02 Jan.

Goran the Marked
 player, 193 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 15:58
Re: Temple Hill
Yes, have been dragging the bodies outside.

He made the PER roll by a couple.
Narrator
 GM, 7216 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 20:29
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 231):

You hear an unhappy sound of surprise from Urrun... something happened inside


Lighting pyres at sunset is standard, it is (after trudging all day and all night below) now a bit before noon.
Goran the Marked
 player, 194 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:17
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will check his weapons, arm up, and then head in to support Urrun.
Narrator
 GM, 7227 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 13:24
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 233):

Goran finds Urrun in a room ull of blank doorways with a statue pointing at one of the doorways with a staff, while holding a key.
The doorway in question has a shimmering light where blank wall would be, and the bouda stands staring at it, his hackles raised.
Goran the Marked
 player, 195 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 17:58
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will take a second to look about the room, but his weapon is at the ready, and while he does he will ask the Bouda "Hograth...?"

OOC Made all the rolls that might be appropriate in hidden text.  Use one or all of them if appropriate.
Urrun
 player, 253 posts
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 18:42
Re: Temple Hill
He go there ... I not go.
Narrator
 GM, 7235 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 15:17
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 235):

You are uncertain about the nature of this room, the trappings are similar to those of these foreign gods, and not the things you have fought.
Goran the Marked
 player, 196 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 18:24
Re: Temple Hill
"I will make sure he is all right.  Stay here and make sure we have a path back."
As he walks past Urrun, he reaches out a gloved hand to pat the bouda on the shoulder, in what should be a friendly gesture.  Then he proceeds through the portal, morningstar in hand.
Urrun
 player, 254 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 19:20
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun shakes his head ... Human have foaming lips madness.
Narrator
 GM, 7240 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 20:54
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 239):

From what Goran can surmise, the dwarf stepped through this rippling surface where wall should be.
Goran the Marked
 player, 197 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:50
Re: Temple Hill
Goran feels on edge, because he hasn't seen anything like this.  Regardless, if Hograth went through, it's his opinion he should as well.  Hograth might need the help, and Goran felt a certain amount of loyalty to him.  Plus, he was confident he could handle anything he met on the other side.  With a long breath to calm himself, and a twitch of the burn mark on his cheek, he steps through the portal.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:53, Thu 09 Jan.

Urrun
 player, 255 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 22:03
Re: Temple Hill
He looks around for a long stick or better yet a stave to push through and perhaps help these two dumb humans back to this world
Narrator
 GM, 7244 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 15:08
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 241):

Goran disappears! Urrun is left alone in this room, with no sign of a pole... although one of the evil priests had a staff.
Goran the Marked
 player, 198 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 15:32
Re: Temple Hill
Goran takes a moment to check his surroundings.  It looked safe to him, but it was cold.  Thankfully he was wearing gauntlets to keep his hands warm.  As he takes in the view, Goran asks Hograth "Where are we?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 398 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 22:10
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 244):

Hograth is not sure...


Do we continue to post here?
Urrun
 player, 256 posts
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 03:28
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 243):

He doesn't want anything from an evil priest, but may pull a branch off of Goran's pyre.
Narrator
 GM, 7250 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 14:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 246):

Urrun finds a branch to push through the gate...

 Hograth and Goran, post in a World of Winter

link to a message in this game

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:21, Sat 11 Jan.

Urrun
 player, 257 posts
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 03:29
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun pushes the branch through, but does not get too close and will let go if the branch is pulled, he has no intention of going through that gate.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 402 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 248):

Hograth comes back through the gate.

"Damn cold. We need to send a group through there to explore..."
Goran the Marked
 player, 201 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:48
Re: Temple Hill
Goran wiggles a bit to try and regain some warmth back after coming back through the door.

"Nothing through there except snow and cold.  Didn't see anything dangerous there.  Since we are here, and I'm guessing you did something to open that...  Can we close it?  And are there other doors?  We should check out all of them to make sure we are not in danger."
Urrun
 player, 258 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 02:29
Re: Temple Hill
Not like these you call doors.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 403 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 08:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 251):

"Hmmm, lets see. What is wrong, Urrun? They can get you far from Northport?"

He tries to rotate the statue to point to another door.
Urrun
 player, 259 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 17:26
Re: Temple Hill
Yes, to place you don't know with maybe bad all around and no pack to help.
Goran the Marked
 player, 202 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 18:09
Re: Temple Hill
Goran pauses, and thinks for a minute.  His face shows a bit of confusion, and he looks up towards the ceiling, even though Hograth is manipulating the statue.  Then, he turns to face Urrun and asks him a question, in a bit of a quizzical voice.

"Do we count as your pack right now, or are you thinking of other bouda?  Or do I just not understand how you're thinking about this?  Since we are working together, I'd like to understand what you mean."

Then, he focuses his attention on what Hograth is doing, so he can open and close the doors here by himself.
Urrun
 player, 260 posts
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 20:48
Re: Temple Hill
Now you are all a pack I have, all time we Bouda travel in strong group and stay close. But pack must agree to do danger things. One Bouda do stupid, they do it alone.
Narrator
 GM, 7275 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 21:03
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 252):

Which archway  are you pointing at now: ionic, Corinthian,  or composite?
Narrator
 GM, 7278 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 02:31
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 256):

Each of thr four orders features a fluted column; the simple doric columns flanked the winter gate, next clockwise is ionic, which has curling scrolls, the next, the corinthisn, has leaves, and the fourth, the composite, has both leaves and scrolls.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 404 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 03:04
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 257):

Then we would select the next, ionic...
Narrator
 GM, 7283 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:41
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 258):
By turning the statue of Janus to point at it, the space between the ionic pillars starts to shimmer.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 405 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 11:28
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 259):

"Come on Urrun. We need to see what is through these gates."

He looks at the gate and pauses, before passing through.
Urrun
 player, 261 posts
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 19:37
Re: Temple Hill
 He thinks and responds Not like going ... no tell where or what happens ... maybe no way back.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 406 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 20:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 261):

"True. But if we don't go, who will? We need to know what is through there."
Urrun
 player, 262 posts
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 21:13
Re: Temple Hill
Why?
Goran the Marked
 player, 203 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 18:26
Re: Temple Hill
Goran responds simply.

"Because whatever is on the other side of the gate has access to Northport."

Then, after a moment of thought, he adds "We don't know that the door can only be opened from this side.  It might be that they can come through on their own."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 407 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 03:45
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 264):

"Exactly right. We need to do at least basic reconnaissance before we can send teams through to be sure. That is what we are doing now."
Urrun
 player, 263 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:07
Re: Temple Hill
He looks doubtful ... Oh   he looks at the gate distrustfully  How we know it' not be huge fire or middle of great water?
Goran the Marked
 player, 204 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:28
Re: Temple Hill
"We don't know.  Not for sure.  But given the way the columns are decorated, it looks like we may have all 4 seasons.  As in winter, spring, summer, and fall.  By setting the portals to open, we can check them one at a time, and make sure there is no danger there."
Urrun
 player, 264 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:33
Re: Temple Hill
Oh he still looks doubtful as he looks at each of the gateways

This message was last edited by the player at 21:26, Wed 22 Jan.

Goran the Marked
 player, 205 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 19:35
Re: Temple Hill
AS Urrun seems at least open to the thought now, Goran pokes his head through the currently shimmering door to see what might be on the other side.
Narrator
 GM, 7303 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 269):

Gorran dissapears,!
Urrun
 player, 265 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:28
Re: Temple Hill
It slurp him in!
Narrator
 GM, 7329 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 271):

The question of what happens to the gate when the statue is turned away occurs to Hograth...
Narrator
 GM, 7330 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 272):

The grotto of Vejovis, built into the side of a hill, is marked by a statue of a youth bearing a lightning  bolt and leading a goat on a leash. Accross from it are a number of robed and mangled bodies arranged for a pyre, and beyond that is a slightly run down looking domed structure ringed by a colonnade, and graced by a statue of a woman crowned with flowers, and a two faced bearded man. There sppear to have been offerings of flowers, but they are now piled on the pyre.
Melchizidek
 player, 794 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 273):

Melchizadek and his demon hunters move in, looking around at the scene of carnage trying to piece together what happened. The agents had to be somewhere...

"ANYONE STILL HERE?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 408 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:34
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 274):

Hograth was getting ready to go through the gate when he heard someone else calling out. He replied to give them directions, noting who the newcomers were when they arrived.
Goran the Marked
 player, 206 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:36
Re: Temple Hill
PM
Narrator
 GM, 7336 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 20:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 276):

There appear to be more than one visitor outside...
Goran the Marked
 player, 207 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 21:49
Re: Temple Hill
Goran steps back through the portal.

"Nothing to report there, besides the birds, the bees, and some nice soft grass.  Nothing hostile that I saw.  Definitely seems like spring there, which I would have expected from the columns."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 409 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 22:42
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 278):

With Goran's safe return, Hograth gets everyone together.

"We seem to have visitors. Lets hope these are our backup..."

With that, he checks the next room.
Melchizidek
 player, 795 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 22:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 279):

Melchizedek will lead his group through to the romm he hears voices in. Seeing the three there with at least one symbol of the Haderaum, he will introduce the team as a group of demon hunters sent as backup...and ask the situation.
Goran the Marked
 player, 208 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 22:47
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will move the statue so it points at none of the columns, and then walk out to meet the visitors.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 410 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 22:52
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 280):

Seeing the holy symbol of Helios, Hograth relaxes a little and introduced himself.

"We seem to have a portal for each season that needs to be investigated for corruption. I suspect a druid may help a little there. And we have the rest of this hill that needs to be searched..."
Goran the Marked
 player, 209 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 23:45
Re: Temple Hill
"People call me Goran the marked, because of the burn on my cheek.  I guided the people in the hills of Shevnia until we were overrun.  Now I am here in town to support the Sun god, Hors."

Goran states this like everyone should know who Hors is, and is a bit taken aback when they do not immediately respond with the proper reverence.  Internally, he scoffs at them and their lack of respect.  Obviously they were heathens, like Hograth and Urrun.  However, if they were not enemies, perhaps he could work with them, even if they were not friends.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 349 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 01:12
Re: Temple Hill
"I'm Stenet Fjall.  Holy slayer, at your service gentleman.  This is Razael," he indicates Razael, "a demon slayer.  Just off a mission killing demons and undead out in the vinelands and gettin bored drinkin ale."

He sizes them up and gives them a nod.

"I suspect we should fully search this hill 'fore poking into portals that lead, umm, you say to different seasons?  I don't know much about portals, but I'd hate to come back and find a hilltop full of imps waiting to catch us stumbling back out."
Melchizidek
 player, 796 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 05:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 283):

"You serve the sun god Hors, I serve the sun god Helios...I wonder if they be different names for the same being?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 411 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 05:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 285):

"Please to have you all along. I agree, the hill needs to be cleansed, but we also need to set up a gaurd here, or we could be trying to cleanse the place of all the demons in hell. I have not yet worked out if the portals can be opened from the other side..."
Goran the Marked
 player, 210 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 16:22
Re: Temple Hill
Goran greets the others politely, although he is somewhat reserved.  That is, until Melchizadek speaks up.  When he mentions his own worship of a sun god, Goran's face brightens noticeably, and he starts asking questions.

"I thought I might be the last after my community was overrun by wild creatures and monstrosities.  It is so good to hear of someone who may share my faith.

How does Helios appear and speak to you?

What are the guidelines and requirements that Helios has required of you?

What sorts of rituals and prayers do you use to understand the deeper mysteries of his faith?

What abilities has he bestowed up on you, as a messenger of his goodness?"


Then, somewhat abashedly, Goran realizes that perhaps this wasn't the time or the place for a religious discussion.  However, this was the most important thing in his life, so it came with a lot of enthusiasm and engagement from his side.

Absently he touches the scar on his cheek, which looks remarkably like a sun when looked at directly.
Melchizidek
 player, 797 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 19:48
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 287):

Melchizadek is glad to answer any questions about Helios...though I (the player) may need the GMs help with that!
Stenet Fjall
 player, 350 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:15
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet steps over to Hograth to give the Sun worshipers space to talk 'god shop', but he does keep checking the surrounding area while they talk.

"Can the portals be closed from this side?  If so, can we spare a lookout to watch them and give a shout if one opens while we're clearing the area?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:16, Fri 31 Jan.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 412 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:24
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 289):

"We can. The Portals seem to be controlled by this statue. Point it at the portal, and it opens. But I do not know if it works from the other side. That is why I thought we could set up a guard and then clear the rest of the area before checking out the portals."
Narrator
 GM, 7345 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:27
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 288):

Melchizidec, who wears blue and white robes over a suit of red chased brigandine armor, carries an orichalcum staff with a sunburst at the tip. he glows as if a golden ray of sunlight was ever falling upon him, and his voice is melodious..

After a brief interaction, Goran realizes that Helios is the god of the summer sun in its splendor, not the dying and rebirthing sun of the winter solstice. Helios is young, carefree, and musically gifted, just what you would expect of the young summer sun, one that plays during midsommer rather than fights the darkness on its own ground. That said, Melchizadek has fought with many kinds of undead, elder things and human brigands beside. He is not as concerned with the important business of setting pyres, but can fire burning bolts of sunlight at his enemies.
Melchizidek
 player, 798 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 291):

"I would sing for you, but maybe later. Who is your canine friend? They usually like a good song, don't they?"
Stenet Fjall
 player, 351 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 03:39
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet nods as Hograth lays out his ideas, "Sound plan."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:39, Fri 31 Jan.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 413 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 04:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 293):

"We just need a few more bodies...reliable ones!"
Goran the Marked
 player, 211 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 18:05
Re: Temple Hill
In discussion with Goran, Melchizadek will recognize a more primitive version of himself.

OOC As they talk, Melchizadek will discover that Goran comes from the country, and tends to be close-minded towards those who do not share his theological approach.  As a hill priest, he has only been exposed to Hors, and his accompanying religious principles.  Goran thus lacks the broader perspective which comes with a religious community, and tends to relate badly to other priestly types.  He only reacts well to Melchizadek because they are kindred spirits in a sense, and Goran can see they might be worshiping different aspects of the same god.

He wears mail and a pot helm with a habit over the top.  His morning star has silver inlays, and he carries a shield.  Goran has a prominent burn scar on his right cheek in the shape of a sunburst, which was given to him when he joined the priesthood. He bears a holy symbol to the minor sun-god Hors around his neck.

Because the town where he resided was often attacked by monsters and raiding parties, Goran's gifts are more primitive than more well-developed religions.  He can heal, and create food and water.  Hors has given him the ability to affect spirits, and protect his fellow adventurers.  His only real offensive ability is to imbue his morningstar with the flames of Hors.

Melchizidek
 player, 799 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 295):

Melchizadek will take an immediate liking to the other Sun priest. Like him, his main strengths are in healing and creation of food and water, and of course light. While he can use the power of the sun offensively, he is more skilled in manipulating minds and emotions, though with demons, that is rarely a factor.

So for now, while the thought of investigating the summer gate beckons, Melchizadek will pause to ask what the current plan is. Perhaps he and Goran can wait here to guard the gates while the rest of you go Demon hunting?
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 414 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 296):

Hograth is happy with that plan. He looks around at everyone else...
Goran the Marked
 player, 212 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:42
Re: Temple Hill
Goran needs no encouragement to accept that plan.

"Melchizadek and I can stand guard out here while you investigate the portals.  We want to talk religion anyway, and there will be no better time for us to do it while still performing an important function.

My only caution...  We are both skilled healers.  If you get in trouble send for us immediately, so we can assist."


OOC Goran will gladly talk shop with Melchizadek for as long as he wants.  He has many theological questions which the other man can answer.  And, Goran probably would not accept the answers from many.  Melchizadek is one of the few he respects...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 352 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 23:25
Re: Temple Hill
"Agreed.  Pretty sure we can handle a few demons or cultists that may be lurking about, but if it gets too deadly, we'll fall back this position."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 415 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 00:26
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 299):

Hograth turns the statues to face away from all openings.

"In that case, we can close these off for now, and if any groups come to investigate the gates, you guys can be gate-keepers. And healers if any need to fall back here. The resto of you guys good to hunt some demons without going through the gates? Urrun?"
Urrun
 player, 266 posts
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 02:43
Re: Temple Hill
No gates is good.
Narrator
 GM, 7364 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 20:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 301):

Which gate first?
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 416 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 302):

No gates. Shutting them all off and finishing to cleanse the hill while the guards ensure the gates remain inactive, and discuss their gods...
Goran the Marked
 player, 213 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 16:17
Re: Temple Hill
WHen Hograth says that, Goran snaps his fingers suddenly and adds "Speaking of, there are a bunch of bodies out there I arranged into a funeral pyre.  As a worshipper of Hors, I was to light the pyre at dusk to symbolize their passing and cleanse them as the sun went down.  Melchizadek, how would you cleanse the dead?  Would you do it differently?

Also, if one of you could return by dusk, I need to cleanse those bodies with fire to release their spirits.  It is my duty.  Many of those people were Shevnian."

Stenet Fjall
 player, 353 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 23:07
Re: Temple Hill
"Of course Goran.  We'll make sure someone returns at dusk so you can give them last rites and ease their souls into the hereafter."


OOC:  Err... wait time of day is it now?
Melchizidek
 player, 800 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Tue 4 Feb 2020
at 06:17
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 304):

"I prefer to burn them, but if that is not plausible for whatever reason, I can accept burying them. Just as the sun goes into the earth every day, so to can people. We do not believe that the spirit is entrapped any more than the suns is, but it does stop defilement of the bodies when they are entrusted to the flames. When done at dawn, it is like the fires go to build up the sun. Sort of like their spirits do, in a way. Unless they are evil...then it is simply cleansing with fire."
Narrator
 GM, 7373 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 4 Feb 2020
at 19:22
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 306):

Initially  it had been stated that Helios left dispisal of the dead with the clergy of Hades,   them being part of the same pantheon and all, but being in charge of burial, wealth, and order, as Helios is the God of healing, light, and song.

<sigh>

Burning it is.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:30, Tue 04 Feb.

Goran the Marked
 player, 215 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 4 Feb 2020
at 20:33
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  Melchizadek worships Helios, same pantheon as Hades...  Would that be Hograth's god?

This would mean that Melchizadek may have no funeral rites at all, because the dead would be buried by Hograth's group?  So the two Sun priests are fundamentally different in that Helios is part of a pantheon, where Hors has a single solitary god?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:35, Tue 04 Feb.

Melchizidek
 player, 801 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 07:42
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 307):

Sorry, I come from Down under. I can't imagine SUN without BURN...but yes, generally happy to leave it to others...like Goran!

Yes, Hades is Hograths god.
Narrator
 GM, 7376 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 15:59
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 308):

Hades is part of a pantheon; Hors is one of several slavic gods, more than one of which has to do with death.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...s_of_Slavic_religion
 some of which I was going to introduce on the next foray into little Shevnia.

Presumably, Oly worships this pantheon, or at least is aware of it; He, Goran and Ales are Shevnian, but I suspect Ales is a lapsed Triunist.

Theology is peculiar; during the plague many lost faith, or see the value of gods based on their miracles, and there are plenty of atheists, many of whom believe clerics to only be some species of mage.
Narrator
 GM, 7411 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 21:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 310):

Now, while the plan is to use the alchemical fire and Melchizidek's sunbolt to incinerate the cultists, which can take place in the space of a post, what are your plans for the gate room?
Goran the Marked
 player, 218 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 22:44
Re: Temple Hill
OOC:  I assume we will check each portal to make sure hostiles are not present on the other side.  This may include trying to open the portals from the other side as well.

Bonus points for figuring out where these portals lead to - whether it is a different geographic location, or a different plane of existence.

That said, Goran is not in charge, so he will follow Hograth's lead when it comes to their group.

Side note - was the intention to combine groups, reconstitute groups, or leave things as is, even though we are interacting in the same thread?  Not sure this was decided, but I want to make sure I understand the context correctly. 

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 417 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 23:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 312):

Intention was to close the gates and leave a guard, while the rest combined to clear the rest of the hill. If other groups arrived, they could check the gates, but otherwise leave them closed.
Goran the Marked
 player, 219 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 23:44
Re: Temple Hill
OOC: He is correct, actually.  I was thinking long term

I. Clear the area of taint, evil, and whatnot.  Goran and Melchizadek to guard the portals, which will be closed.

II. Funeral service performed by Goran according to Hors, after or during item I.

III. Goran's ideas related to checking the portals, etc.

---> I assume we will check each portal to make sure hostiles are not present on the other side.  This may include trying to open the portals from the other side as well.

Bonus points for figuring out where these portals lead to - whether it is a different geographic location, or a different plane of existence.

Stenet Fjall
 player, 354 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 00:57
Re: Temple Hill
Goran the Marked:
OOC
Side note - was the intention to combine groups, reconstitute groups, or leave things as is, even though we are interacting in the same thread?  Not sure this was decided, but I want to make sure I understand the context correctly.

OOC:   My understanding, is that at least for the duration of this mission, we* are joining up ranks with you guys.  This gives us (unless I'm missing my marks) an Undead Slayer Holy Warrior (Hogarth), a Cleric of Death and Fire (Goran), an Urrun†, an Evil‡ Slaying Holy Warrior (Stenet), a Cleric of the Sun (Melchizedek), and a Demon Hunter (Razael).

If we work well together I'm not averse to continuing the grouping beyond this mission, there is plenty of Evil out there that could use a Good smiting.



* Melchizedek, Stenet, and Razael.
† I've mostly not followed y'all's threads, but what I have followed of them, Urrun has really stood out too much to me as having a niche outside of "he's a Gnoll in a dog eat dog world..."
‡ Stenet doesn't discriminate, Undead, Demons, and Evil Mages?  He'll Slay 'em all.  If he meets Elder Things, I might see if I can get them added to the list too...

Melchizidek
 player, 802 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 315):

Although Goran and I were staying to guard the gate...but otherwise about right.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 418 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:06
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 316):

"Those cleansing the hill with me, lets move out."

He heads to the unexplored doorway. If there is more than one, then the least secure and closest one.
Goran the Marked
 player, 220 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:13
Re: Temple Hill
OOC Goran is a priest of Hors, which is to say a primitive Sun god.  He understands the basics, but lacks refinement.  Think country bumpkin.  Mostly he is about smiting bad things with his silvered morningstar, and judging everyone that isn't his religion.

He has tolerated Hograth because he has earned respect as a fellow adventurer, but does not care for his theology.  He was initially taken with Melchizadek, as they are both sun god worshipers.  However, that will cool as they talk religion off screen.  Their gods are not the same.  Still, the dislike he feels towards Hades will probably even out with Helios.  The whole pantheon will probably end up somewhere between neutral and a very mild contempt.

That's growth for Goran.

Stenet Fjall
 player, 355 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:38
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet follows Hogarth.
Urrun
 player, 267 posts
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:56
Re: Temple Hill
He is happy to leave the room of strange doors.
Narrator
 GM, 7418 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 21:04
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 317):

The total doors in the temple of Janus and Flora:
-stairs down to temple hill undercroft
-Exit to temple hill, where bodies are stacked for burning
-corripted Flora shrine where book was found
-Janus shrine with gates of the four seasons

You have hit them all.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 419 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 21:25
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 321):

So the hill has been thoroughly cleansed? We will make sure then, and double check it all for extra entrances, before returning to the gates when I am sure all is clear.
Narrator
 GM, 7426 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 15:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 322):

Are you searching the walls for doors, or walking out on the hill to check othrr temples?
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 420 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 19:32
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 323):

Yes, both. Want to be sure it is cleared.
Goran the Marked
 player, 221 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 20:39
Re: Temple Hill
OOC If they leave this temple to check others, Goran will at least question whether they ought to keep the group together or not.  The player is fine with the character engaging in a heavy theological discussion / funeral pyre off screen.  Just want to raise the question for the benefit of the story line.

I expect the portals can be "locked" in some way to prevent activation, we just haven't looked that far yet.  We're more meta-gaming here, rather than doing it in character, otherwise I would have had Goran ask the question in game.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 421 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 21:09
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 325):

Hograth is uncertain in that regard, and hence leaving a guard...
Narrator
 GM, 7430 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:37
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 326):

A search or per-2 roll might be in order first.
Goran the Marked
 player, 222 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:57
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is too involved in his discussion of Theology to effectively search the area.
Urrun
 player, 268 posts
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 19:20
Re: Temple Hill
I help search ...
Narrator
 GM, 7432 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 21:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 329):

Urrun notices that the key in the hand of the statue that isn't pointing smells of hand, much like the grips on the base do.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:54, Thu 20 Feb.

Goran the Marked
 player, 223 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 21:35
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is busy talking about burial rites, when he notices Urrun sniffing at the off hand of the statue.  "Urrun has found something.  That off hand, something is strange about it."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Thu 20 Feb.

Stenet Fjall
 player, 357 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 21:58
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet follows Hograth's lead and pokes heavily into everything making sure things are clear.




OOC:   16:45, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 10 using 3d6.  Per 10 (Skill 12-2).

So MoS +0 for everyday stuff, MoS +2 if it's Demonic or Undead related, MoS +1 if it involves Evil Magic.

Narrator:
Goran notices that the key in the hand of the statue that isn't pointing smells of hand, much like the grips on the base do.

I think you mean Urrun there boss.

Narrator
 GM, 7433 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 22:55
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 332):

Corrected.  It was Urrun.

The key looks like it could move...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 422 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 00:16
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 333):

Hograth is distracted by Urruns behavior, and noticing the key in the hand, he has a look at it moving it to work out what it does.
Narrator
 GM, 7438 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 22:37
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 334):

The key slides up and down, almost a foot. when you push it down there is a heavy clicking sound at the base of the statue.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 358 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 21:39
Re: Temple Hill
"Sounds like it's locked.  Should be clear to give the hill a proper sweep and make sure nothing will be coming at us from behind."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 423 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 05:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 336):

"Lets check to be sure..."

He tries to move the statue, and checks to see if any gate is open.
Goran the Marked
 player, 224 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 15:34
Re: Temple Hill
"This would allow us to come along. It would be better for everyone, in case of trouble."
Narrator
 GM, 7464 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 338):

The statue can lock while pointing at each gate, and pointing at the doorway to the main room, with all gates secured.

So far your searches have turned up no more cultists, although there were signs of several having fled from the site.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 424 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 22:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 339):

Dead ones I assume, or do they fight us?  Are there any other rooms or items we need to search, or has the whole hill been checked.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 359 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:10
Re: Temple Hill
Hograth Podkarmen:
Dead ones I assume, or do they fight us?  Are there any other rooms or items we need to search, or has the whole hill been checked.

OOC:  Even if it's been checked over, not a bad idea to sweep it again, try to close off any area that can be closed off, so when we go through we don't have someone/thing sneaking back and locking us on the other side of a gate.

Narrator
 GM, 7482 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 14:42
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 341):

By signs of cultists fleeing, there are places where ornamental shrubbery and flowerbeds have been trampled. Nearby is the Redoubt of Vejovis,  the shrine of Priapus, the chapel of Hera, the temple of Jove, and the temple of Minerva. Past those are the temple of Helios and the empty grove of Eos, each a fair distance from the other. Beyon that are the abandoned temple of Atlas, which you had explored, the Hadereum,  and by the docks, the temples of Dionysius and Poseidon.

Smaller shrines are scattered about.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 425 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 342):

Check all, testing for taint and warning of what had transpired. It may take some time, but needs to be done properly.
Narrator
 GM, 7486 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 02:15
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 343):

Temple hill is a few miles long and runs the length of the city. That is a search of several days, and any fleeing cultists could have cleared out in the time itbtook you to go to the Hadereum.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 426 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 03:53
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 344):

Once we have covered the hot spots, we would feel obliged to ensure the rest of the hill is cleared, so even if it was to take a few days, perhaps fast forward it because that was from my memory the primary task we were required to carry out. Ensuring the gates are cleared would be secondary.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 360 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 04:13
Re: Temple Hill
OOC:  If it's up for discussion, Stenet would agree to taking the time to properly search the hill, make sure none of the abandoned or underused temples and shrines have cultists in the basements, etc.  Then gear up and tackle the gates to cut out the taint at the source.
Goran the Marked
 player, 225 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 15:19
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is up for several days of cleansing.  He enjoys putting down the heathens.
Urrun
 player, 269 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 18:26
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun is bored, all these humans running around changing smells on things is dumb. making this or that scratch different is no better.
When we fight? If done, I can go?
Narrator
 GM, 7491 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 01:44
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 348):

Chasing an entire city district, that has almost as many buildings as redlight, and has at least three layers of understructure is a long long time of you go to this temple and these new npcs I have to write up are having a ceremony... maybe a few dozen times. This is like hunting through little Shevnia to find all of the giant rats in everyone's basement.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 427 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 349):

Yes, but was that not what we were tasked to do?
Narrator
 GM, 7497 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:56
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 350):

Y0u were tasked with finding how the abandoned temple of atlas was invaded, and in the course of clearing the subtunnels used by the cult you found another cult at the temple of Flora/Janus.  There were half a dozen or so ordainary cultists, some naked, who had fled, and you can search for those, partly by checking in with the nearby occupied temples, but you will need to check theology and assorted hidden lore to determine if any of the other temples have been corrupted. Any temples abandoned since plague years are fair game. The Hadereum does run the beauracracy in town, but they do not have direct oversite into the worship of all of the pantheon specific faiths.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 428 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 351):

Ah, if we were only tasked with the temple of Atlas, then we have done what we were tasked to do and should head back to report and get further orders...
Goran the Marked
 player, 226 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 16:39
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  Agreed.  Although Goran is built like a very narrow minded inquisitor, so he's all for cleansing anyone he doesn't approve of.  This particular assignment fits well with his natural inclinations.

I just wish the original author had given him something of a Spanish flair...  No one would have expected that.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 429 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 19:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 353):

"The Inquisition? Nobody expects the INQUISITION!"
Narrator
 GM, 7513 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 13:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 354):

For now, you have secured the gates from this side, but you don't know if evil has passed through...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 430 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 19:02
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 355):

"Well, we have checked out the Temple we were assigned to, and an additional temple that was corrupted. We should now investigate the gates, and then report back to the Haderaum. Who is willing to come with me through each gate to investigate, and who wants to stay here to guard and control the gates?"
Urrun
 player, 270 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 20:38
Re: Temple Hill
Uummm ... I stay an' guard here.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 361 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 21:36
Re: Temple Hill
"Be happy to go through the gates and recon in force."
Goran the Marked
 player, 227 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 22:11
Re: Temple Hill
"I will go.  The gates looked like they were safe, but I only looked for a moment."
Melchizidek
 player, 803 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 08:26
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 359):

"I can go or stay as required."
Narrator
 GM, 7526 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 01:16
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 360):

Ooc what would it take to motivate Urrun to enter?
Urrun
 player, 271 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 02:59
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 361):

Just an order or the threat of back to the Hadereum... Playing him as i think he'd see gates as a simpler, lower  tech sort of being.
Narrator
 GM, 7535 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 19:36
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 362):

I am really really trying not to split the party.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 431 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 21:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 363):

"Right. I can get the Hadereum to guard the gate here. Urrun, if you want to stay, you should head back there and get a guard to return. They may have more work for you too."
Urrun
 player, 272 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 23:07
Re: Temple Hill
Uh I not go to Had a rare eum. Not like there
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 432 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 03:23
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 365):

"Well, you can join us and Mel can stay guard until they get here, and join us when they do. As far as I see, there is just through the gate and the Haderaum. Let me know which one."

He uses the keys to set up the gates for Autumn.

"Lets try this one first. We can do the extremes of Summer and Winter after we get some idea of how long we will be, so we can dress accordingly. Any further suggestions?"
Urrun
 player, 273 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 03:27
Re: Temple Hill
No stay and guard with uh Mel?
Melchizidek
 player, 804 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 04:41
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 367):

"I will only be staying until the Haderaum guards get here. You can stay that long, or go now, but when they get here, we will need to go through. Or be reassigned..."
Urrun
 player, 274 posts
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 19:54
Re: Temple Hill
What is re ass ined? my ass good now.
Melchizidek
 player, 805 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 06:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 369):

"Reassigned is when the Haderaum takes your ass and finds something less pleasant to do with it."
Goran the Marked
 player, 228 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 15:36
Re: Temple Hill
Goran follows the conversation.  As it proceeds, he lowers his voice slightly to talk in a softer tone.  This often worked up in the hills, where he was from, when he was talking with the simple folk there.  "Urrun, I would like you to come.  We could use your strength if we run into any heathens that need to be cleansed."
Urrun
 player, 275 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 17:26
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun looks at Goran and Nods ... Not want to go by Had er eum ... not good men.



OOC - Not trying to hold up the game, just think this less educated creature would not trust magic gates much.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 362 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:23
Re: Temple Hill
"Hograth, let me know if I'm overstepping, but I say we," he points his thumb at himself, Horgrath, and Goran, "pop through, give the immediate area a look around and pop back.  Let Melchizizaza...  sorry still haven't gotten your name straight, let him talk Urrun past this crisis of faith.  By the time the Hades guards get here we should have an idea of what we're about over there, and your tracker and, uh, Mel can join us.  Sound about right?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 433 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 373):

"That sounds like a good plan. See you guys soon...Mel, make sure that a message is sent, and both of you come through when they get here."
Urrun
 player, 276 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 21:29
Re: Temple Hill
You come back? Say OK?
Goran the Marked
 player, 229 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:26
Re: Temple Hill
Goran looks at the bouda and responds flatly.  "We hope to come back.  If we run into trouble we may not.  We need your protection, but we will go without it if we must."

Goran then sets his staff on fire, as they prepare to go through the autumnal gate.
Urrun
 player, 277 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:42
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun looks torn, then nods again ... Bouda never desert pack.   He draws his sword and steps up beside Goran, still looking rather dubious.
Melchizidek
 player, 806 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 07:12
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 377):

Only Melchizadek waits for the guards before departing. He looks around to see if they are here yet...

This message was last edited by the player at 07:14, Tue 17 Mar.

Goran the Marked
 player, 230 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 17:28
Re: Temple Hill
As long as the gate is ready, Goran will nod at Urrun, and then proceed through.
Guardsman
 NPC, 39 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 20:29
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 379):

Two members of the watch approach,  eying the pyre of corpses suspiciously.
"Which one of you is Hograth?"
Urrun
 player, 278 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 00:43
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun goes with Goran ... not happily, but he goes.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 434 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 06:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 381):

"I am. I was about to pass through this gate and leave this priest to guard until you arrived, but since you are here, we need you to guard the gate here while we ensure there is no corruption on the other side."

With that, he heads through the gate.
Melchizidek
 player, 807 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 06:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 382):

"Guess I am not needed here any more."

With that, he follows Hograth.
Guardsman
 NPC, 40 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 17:41
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 382):

"What are we guarding against"

Which gate are you going through?
Doric
Ionic
Corinthian
Composite

This message was lightly edited by the player at 19:53, Sat 21 Mar.

Goran the Marked
 player, 231 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 17:52
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  He chose the "Autumn" gate, whichever that one was.

From msg 257, on page 11:
Each of the four orders features a fluted column
the simple doric columns flanked the winter gate ---> Winter
next clockwise is ionic, which has curling scrolls ---> Spring?
the next, the corinthian, has leaves ---> Summer?
the fourth, the composite, has both leaves and scrolls ---> Autumn?

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 435 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 19:42
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 385):

Yep, that was the plan. The breakdown looks as good as any guess.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 363 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 21:32
Re: Temple Hill
Guardsman:
"What are we guarding against"

"Hograth and his crew took out some infernal cultists and cleaned up a tainted chapel, but a couple of cultists escaped into the city.  We're going through these gates to track down the source of the demonic incursions and end it.  Your job is to make sure those one or two cultists don't come back and lock these gates closed while we're over there killing their masters."

He smooths his moustaches, "And if monsters start pouring through the open gate, run and get more guards and adventurers.
Narrator
 GM, 7558 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 385):

Beyond the gate is a forest growing on a steep incline (bad footing). The foliage is a gorgeous riot of oranges, yellows and reds, and there is a pleasant crispness in the air, and a faint scent of cinammon and apples.
Urrun
 player, 279 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 02:55
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun snifs, his nose in the air   Smell pie of apple !
Stenet Fjall
 player, 364 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 05:19
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet begins eyeing the area, "Awfully pleasant for a source of infernal taint..."

He sounds extra suspicious.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 436 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 19:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 390):

"I don't think these places were the source of infernal taint, at least not initially. Lets get to the top of this ridge and look around."

He heads up the slope to find the top...
Urrun
 player, 280 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 21:16
Re: Temple Hill
Not follow smell?
Goran the Marked
 player, 232 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 00:34
Re: Temple Hill
Goran looks at Urrun.  "See, that wasn't so bad.  Just a door from one place to another.  Nothing to it."

He takes a look around, and then agrees with Hograth.  "Urrun, the smell is nice.  We can look there next.  But, we have to worry about safety first.  Let's make sure we don't have any cultists or demons around.  Then we can explore a little bit."
Urrun
 player, 281 posts
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 01:41
Re: Temple Hill
OK
Narrator
 GM, 7569 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:17
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 394):

Given the steepness, DX rolls please.

Dead leaves of brilliant coolor cover the ground.

Backing tbe cinnamon scent, there is a faint aroma of woodsmoke.
Goran the Marked
 player, 233 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:36
Re: Temple Hill
As Goran marches up the hill, he is too busy talking and looking around to pay attention to where he is putting his feet.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 437 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:26
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 396):

Horgath leads the way with precision for all of them...
Urrun
 player, 282 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:08
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun has no issues with the footing and can grab Goran if need be...
Goran the Marked
 player, 234 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:30
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  Thank you kindly Urrun, but probably not on a natural 18...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 438 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 399):

I am hoping a natural 3 helped...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 365 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:49
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet waits for Melchizedek and then follows up the hill, keeping a wary eye out behind them.




OOC:  17:45, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 8 using 3d6.  DX 13 check for steep hill of infernal doom.
Melchizidek
 player, 808 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 00:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 401):

Melchizedek is not graceful, but manages ok.
Narrator
 GM, 7576 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 19:47
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 397):

Hograth seems to be made of the same stuff as this mountsin or hill, and be as  fine walking on it as a mountain goat.


Goran, meanwhile tumbles downward, and finds himself falling without touching the ground, as if gravity were diagonal here!

Maje a DX roll and a ST roll to grab a tree and hold on before you slam into one.
Goran the Marked
 player, 235 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:17
Re: Temple Hill
Goran tumbles down, arms akimbo and gear flying around.  His morning star flies out of his grasp and wraps around a sapling.  His helmet flies off and tumbles down the hill.  It's quite the sight to behold, and really comical to watch from an objective perspective.

In an attempt to save himself, Goran reaches out for a small sapling, and touches it with his fingers.  Unfortunately, it's just out of reach, and he can't grab it before he is already past it.

OOC  Just failed the DX roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:18, Thu 26 Mar.

Urrun
 player, 283 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 21:39
Re: Temple Hill
He grabs instinctively for Goran.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 439 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 22:27
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 405):

Hograth moves quickly to catch his comrade, surprised that anyone had trouble her.

"What the hell...is that foul magic aplay here?"
Stenet Fjall
 player, 366 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 01:00
Re: Temple Hill
While Hograth and Urrun scramble to catch Gorran, Stenet takes a hard look around, scratches his head, and tries to figure out what going on here.




OOC:  20:51, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 14 using 3d6.  Stenet trying to figure out what is at play here.

Unless there is a hefty bonus, Stenet probably has no clue.
Hidden Lore (Demons) 12, Hidden Lore (Spirits) 11, Thaumatology 9, Theology (Dwarf) 11

Narrator
 GM, 7583 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:07
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 407):

Goran's hand slips off the tree, but the gnoll grabs his hand.

Urrun, make another ST check to avoid being pulled along with Goran; younare supporting his body weight with one hand.
Urrun
 player, 284 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:21
Re: Temple Hill
He hangs on and tries to pull Goran back to the path
Narrator
 GM, 7589 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 10:09
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 409):

Urrun yanks Goran back to the ground.


What season is this again?
Stenet Fjall
 player, 367 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 12:18
Re: Temple Hill
Narrator:
What season is this again?

OOC: We entered the "Autumn" Gate.  I'll admit, I have no idea what the season is in Northport, summer?
Narrator
 GM, 7595 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 16:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 411):

Northport is experiencing late Spring at this time. What else do you call Autumn?
Goran the Marked
 player, 236 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 17:43
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  Well, for Goran the obvious answer is "FALL!".  I suspect you mean something deeper than that, and i am less versed on the ancient and less mainstream religions.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 440 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 19:24
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 413):

Noting Urrun grab Goran quickly, he thanks him for being here.

"Are we able to move on?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 237 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 20:03
Re: Temple Hill
There Goran sits, on his butt, at the feet of Urrun.  His eyes are a bit wide in reaction to what happened, and his breathing is fast and a bit ragged from the sudden burst of energy he had experienced.  Gently he pulls his arm out of Urrun's hand to feel around on his body, as he also examines himself and his belongings.  After a good 10 seconds of composing himself, He scrambles to his feet, and mumbles "Thanks" to Urrun, in a sort of embarassed or ashamed fashion.  Then he looks at Hograth and says, in the same voice "I'll need a short pause to gather up my belongings.  That rock turned under my foot without warning and I had no chance to react."

OOC Goran will collect all the items he lost during the fall, which might mean a few minutes of scrambling around on the hillside.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 368 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 01:38
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet just keeps a wary eye out.  If up and down can become sidewise, this place could get very dangerous quick.




OOC: 
Narrator:
What else do you call Autumn?

Booo!  Boo! I say!

:P

Narrator
 GM, 7601 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:32
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet Fjall:
OOC: 
Narrator:
What else do you call Autumn?

Booo!  Boo! I say!

:P


I have been waiting to use this for years!


https://images.app.goo.gl/JqF68YfVyj9MG8dp8

And "down" is not sideways, but on a diagonal parallel to the slope of the hill.
Goran the Marked
 player, 238 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:36
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  I think Goran or his driver most certainly missd something, although I gather we are in the world of Greyhawk now.  Never played it in D&D but I understand it is well loved.
Urrun
 player, 285 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:24
Re: Temple Hill
Played D&D last in 1978 ...
Narrator
 GM, 7608 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 419):

not so much Greyhawk, but in a place aspected like a demi-plane from this gag module.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 441 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 22:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 420):

Not recognizing it myself.

We manage to regather the group?
Narrator
 GM, 7622 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 21:29
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 421):

Yes. You regather in the wood on the slope.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 442 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 04:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 422):

Then we will head to higher ground, looking for a clearing and watching out for each other.
Narrator
 GM, 7630 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 15:02
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 423):

The leaves crunch under your boots pleasantly as you head upward, but there seems not to be a top to this rise...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 369 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 00:26
Re: Temple Hill
"Boss," he hollers at Hograth, "we ain't getting anywhere fast.  I don't think this is a 'real' place.  I get the feeling it's a riddle or something.  Maybe someone should climb a tree and try to get a look around?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 443 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 22:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 425):

"There is certainly an element of unrealness about this place. Sure, see what you can find out..."
Stenet Fjall
 player, 370 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 01:12
Re: Temple Hill
"Me?!" His voice almost squeaks, "Can't we, ah, maybe get one of the long legs to..." he trails off as he looks the two humans and the beastman over.

"Alright, ya talked me into it." He slings off his pack and uncoils the rope from it muttering, "*sigh* Job done right, get a dwarf."

He ties one end to the tree base and the other end to himself.  He fusses about with it for awhile, testing to make sure it holds, then starts to slowly ascend the tree, using a loop of rope tossed around it as a 'sling' to assist when there are no easy limbs in reach.




OOC:  He leaves his pack and shield at the base of the tree.

21:06, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 13 using 3d6.  Climbing 12, knot tying.

Hopefully he can use Takes Extra Time to make up the difference.

21:06, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 11 using 3d6.  Climbing 12, the tree.

Narrator
 GM, 7655 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 14:02
Re: Temple Hill
Extra time helps out with the knot tying,  and Stennet ascends into the tree.
He can see an ocean of trees with bright foliage on an incline that doesn't appear to end.  In the distance he can see smoke.
Goran the Marked
 player, 239 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 16:18
Re: Temple Hill
Goran stands around as a guard and tries to assist Hograth when appropriate.  However, after his recent fall, he has no interest in climbing a tree.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 371 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 21:41
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet will call down that he sees smoke and point out the direction.  Then before coming down he'll try to get a rough idea of the cardinal bearings, he's no navigator, but he understands the basics.


OOC:  17:35, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 13 using 3d6.  Navigation 7.  Discerning the basic cardinal directions, as well as the smoke and gate.  Base roll MoF-5.

He'll spend at most 5-10 minutes trying to figure what directions are what before giving up, so like a +2 for Time Spent.  So as long as things are obvious (sun in the sky and not directly overhead) for a +4, he'll be okay at an end MoS of +1.

If he can't figure it out after 5-10 minutes he climbs down grumbling about "crazy magic lands not having proper directions".

Narrator
 GM, 7661 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:25
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 430):

After taking a long time, he can determine an east west libe, roughly figuring the smoke comes from the west, although he isn't sure if it is 9 AM or 3PM here... although it feels like late afternoon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:25, Fri 17 Apr.

Urrun
 player, 286 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:20
Re: Temple Hill
How far smoke?
Narrator
 GM, 7666 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 20:26
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 432):

About a mile or so.
Goran the Marked
 player, 240 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 21:08
Re: Temple Hill
After his recent fall, Goran is a bit gruff when he growls at them.  "Well, let's get going."

With all of his stuff found and stowed again, he takes a step in the direction Stenet pointed, but waits for the rest to be ready.
Urrun
 player, 287 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 22:00
Re: Temple Hill
Me Lead? I smell best.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 372 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 00:41
Re: Temple Hill
"Might be best to treat this like we're crossing an unstable mountain trail and rope up.  Urrun leading, then Hograth, then you two priests, and I'll anchor the rear."

Stenet will hold out his rope that is still tied to him at one end.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 444 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 12:02
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 436):

"Yes, Urrun best lead. Can you smell the smoke?"
Urrun
 player, 288 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 20:02
Re: Temple Hill
Smell pie! , now hungry.
Goran the Marked
 player, 241 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 21:10
Re: Temple Hill
Goran wordlessly moves behind Urrun and Hograth, ready to go when they decide to move.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 445 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 23:36
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 439):

"Smell pie? Take us there...we can find out about the local inhabitants that way."
Urrun
 player, 289 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 03:41
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun leads the party toward the smoke/pie smell while staying alert for dangers.
Narrator
 GM, 7675 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 19:59
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 441):

Leaves crunch beneath your feet, and foliage of all of the glorious shades of gray delight Urrun's eyes. The pie smell is stronger.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:35, Tue 21 Apr.

Urrun
 player, 290 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:08
Re: Temple Hill
He holds up his hand  We close now, I go ahead and see.

He will move as stealthily as he can to see what is ahead.
Goran the Marked
 player, 242 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:22
Re: Temple Hill
Goran sticks behind as instructed, although he waits patiently instead of taking any other action.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 373 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 04:11
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet gathers up and stows the now unneeded rope, with a "Best not to be tied together if we need to fight."
Narrator
 GM, 7683 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 18:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 443):

Urrun spies a quaint little house in a clearing.  Pumpkins and other squashes are in the garden, and an assortment of scents come from the chimney, apples, cinnamon, hardwood.
Goran the Marked
 player, 243 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 19:58
Re: Temple Hill
Goran proceeds along with the rest of the group.  He is pleased to see the cottage, which meant country folk.  He was comfortable around them, and usually they were closer to his religious preferences than the more arrogant city folk.  As they approach, Goran is sure to glean whatever information he can about the homeowners.  Are their vegetables orderly?  Is the cottage well kept?  And, do they have any obvious religious preferences visible to the casual observer?
Urrun
 player, 291 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 19:59
Re: Temple Hill
How many people may be here? paths, smell, noise etc.?
Narrator
 GM, 7686 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 448):

There may be as many as three, all human women. The garden is orderly, the door, lintel, and aped of thefacade are carved with moon symbols, waxing, full, and waning. Protective hex marks are on the shutters and door.
Urrun
 player, 292 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 19:50
Re: Temple Hill
Witchees I think  he whispers back to those who followed him after he told them not to...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 374 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 01:50
Re: Temple Hill
OOC:  Pretty sure Urrun was scouting alone.

Hograth, Melchizadek, and Stenet hadn't spoken up, and Gorran initially stated he was staying with the rest of the group.

I know Gorran then said "Goran proceeds along with the rest of the group" but the rest weren't proceeding anywhere.  My guess is Goran jumped the gun and thought everyone went along for some reason?

Goran the Marked
 player, 244 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 02:09
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  I don't think it was explicitly explained so much.  Or I missed the subtlety.  He wanted to get close enough to scout the cottage a bit, but would be with the group.  So maybe sticking his head out of the trees, but not approaching like Urrun.
Urrun
 player, 293 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 03:06
Re: Temple Hill
NBD ... Just sounded like Goran was close behind me .... but Urrun will slip back and tell the party what he thinks he sees.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:07, Thu 23 Apr.

Stenet Fjall
 player, 375 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 03:52
Re: Temple Hill
When Urrun returns, "Witches?  Hmmph.  Wonder if they're the good kind of witches or the bad kind?"

Stenet checks over his kit, hatchets in place, shield strapped tightly, then he shoulders his pack and hefts his axe.

"Hograth?  We approach in force, or you want to feel it out in a smaller number?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 446 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 04:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 453):

"I think we should be defensive until we can ascertain their threat level, including demeanor. Lets go knock..."

He will head to the door...
Goran the Marked
 player, 245 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 19:52
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is somewhat troubled by what he sees.  While the iconography in front of him isn't bad, necessarily, it doesn't match well with Hors and what he stood for.  It was possible that the occupants of the cottage were good, and he was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  However, if they really were witches, he would consider that to be a problem.
Narrator
 GM, 7702 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 26 Apr 2020
at 15:54
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 456):

It would depend on how Gorran defined witches; women devoted to Mokkosh the fertility Goddess are priestesses, but different from Chernabog the black slayer.

An evil witch would be a demon worshipper.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 447 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 08:02
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 457):

Signs of anything demonic would get Hograths hackles up, otherwise he can handle other beliefs as long as the follow the law. He calls out to see if anyone is home.
Younger witch
 NPC, 1 post
 Young woman in scarf
 Loves autumn
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 23:37
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 458):

A small window in the door opens, and you can hear a voice from within asking someone to see who is there.
A younger voice replies
"Four men and a Bouda. Shall I invite them in?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 448 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 06:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Younger witch (msg # 459):

Seeing they are polite, Hograth will wait for the conversation to finish.
Mature witch
 NPC, 1 post
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:41
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 460):

"Who comes knocking at our door in our house in the deep woods?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 449 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 22:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Mature witch (msg # 461):

"Hograth, servant of Hades and hunter of Demons. My friends are here tracking a demonic infestation."
Goran the Marked
 player, 246 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 22:57
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is very careful to watch how the women react when Hograth announced he is of Hades, and hunting demons.  He wants to know their disposition, so he can react accordingly.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 376 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 1 May 2020
at 02:06
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet pays attention to literally everything but the witches and their house, making sure nothing sneaks up on them from behind.
Urrun
 player, 294 posts
Fri 1 May 2020
at 04:00
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun is drooling at the smell of the pie.
Older witch
 NPC, 1 post
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Sun 3 May 2020
at 19:19
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 463):

The door opens, revealing three women, a younger one with light hair, a matronly one with short dark hair, and a woman of a certain age,  who has embraced the graying of her hair.
"Pardon us for not being overly welcome, master Hograth, as we recognize your Lugubrious Lord as not being the hero of Persephone's tale. I see a lovely ray of sunshine made flesh, and the very embodiment of a Summer's day,  and Midwinter pays a vist as well.. I must say you two are far from home, as this land only cycles through the weeks before Mabon and after Samhain, leaving out both Midwinter and Midsommer completely.  I am not sure of the other dwarf Paladin's affiliations, but as to ours, we serve the Goddess in all of her manifestations.  Won't you come in for a cup of cider and some fresh baked pie? Your bouda friend looks famished. Come in to Granny's house, Mister Big Bad."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 450 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 3 May 2020
at 19:57
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 466):

"Thank you for your generous invitation. My friends and I were here to ensure that this place had not been corrupted, so I guess we can come in briefly to discuss how things are going around here..."
Urrun
 player, 295 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 20:30
Re: Temple Hill
I not Big bad ... and Pie smell really good. Can me repay kindness?
Stenet Fjall
 player, 377 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Sun 3 May 2020
at 21:32
Re: Temple Hill
"Nothing for me ma'am, but thank you kindly all the same."

Stenet keeps his eye out for anything that would signify these are the evil sort of magic-users (babies in stew pots, demonic familiars, excessive cackling, etc).
Goran the Marked
 player, 247 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 4 May 2020
at 16:39
Re: Temple Hill
Goran follows the group but also takes a more cautious approach.  "Thank you for the invitation, my ladies.  May I ask how the pie was made?  You see, I am a vegetarian, and so I must be careful what I eat."
Older witch
 NPC, 2 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Mon 4 May 2020
at 20:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 468):

Urrun can smell the presence of a vouple of cats.
Goran notes that in addition to moon carvings, there are pentagrams, which are commonly used to ward against evil, and a handful of familiar runes that slso seem to be wards.

"There may well be a way that you can do that. Come in, and the pie does have  a butter crust rather than a suet one, are you averse to dairy?"

<seagreen>
Goran the Marked
 player, 248 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 4 May 2020
at 21:53
Re: Temple Hill
Goran considers her answer for a moment, in an attempt to be careful.  These ladies could be friendly, based on his preliminary sense of things.  However, the evil cults never openly displayed their opinions openly.  They were always hidden under the surface.  It was best to be conservative with his questions and behavior until he was sure of things.

"The pie smells delightful, but I will pass.  Thank you for the offer, it is appreciated.  I unfortunately took quite a tumble not long ago, and my stomach still isn't quite right after that hill.  Perhaps a bit later, after I feel more settled."

After a brief pause, to be polite and not seem too forward, Goran looks for another opening so he can continue.

"If I may beg your indulgence, I have a question, in the interest of respect and understanding.  This land seems enchanted in some way, although I do not understand it's nature.  We do not know if it is magical, or spiritual.  We just came here to explore.  You mentioned that you not see some of the seasons.  I do not know how that might work, or how you might survive under these conditions.

Also, you mentioned the Goddess as if we should immediately share that context with you.  Please forgive me.  I am but a simple priest of Hors, and come from the country.  Life seemed much simpler there, and I was never exposed to such things.  I would appreciate a moment of patience, if you are willing to explain to an old man?"



OOC  Goran is 48, which is really quite old for most settings of this nature and time period.  He's going to play up the old man bit a little, with a helping of country bumpkin and some simpleton on the side.  All of this happens to be true, although he's plenty smart.  Just not as educated.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:54, Mon 04 May.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 451 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 5 May 2020
at 01:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 472):

Hograth accepts the invitation but does not want to disrupt Goran.
Mature witch
 NPC, 2 posts
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Wed 6 May 2020
at 17:00
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 473):

"To answer the questionabout our seasonal issue, I need to ask you a question regarding how you came to be here; the nature of your entryway affects your appreciation  of the setting.  Also, are you familiar with Plato's concept of ideals?"

Philosophy anyone? It defaults to IQ-6
Younger witch
 NPC, 2 posts
 Young woman in scarf
 Loves autumn
Wed 6 May 2020
at 17:10
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Mature witch (msg # 474):

The pie is quite excellent. as is the mildly hard cider, which is mulled and spicy.

"Have you ever experienced a perfect moment,  and thought to yourself, 'imagine if this could go on forever?' Think of a time when you performed an act of devotion, and it seemed like time stood still as you communed with the divine."
Urrun
 player, 296 posts
Wed 6 May 2020
at 22:10
Re: Temple Hill
Come through door with shiny in open place. Step from room to hill here and smell pie!  Pie very good! Many thank you.

Apple Cider is of no interest, the pie slice is gone in an instant.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 378 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 7 May 2020
at 04:12
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet mutters something in dwarvish... and then realizing he said it out loud, says it again in Aralaise, "The only ideals are the gods from which flow all purpose in life."





OOC:  This >< close...

00:01, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 8 using 3d6.  IQ 6 (Stat 12 - 6 default), Platonic Ideals.

Goran the Marked
 player, 249 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 7 May 2020
at 16:38
Re: Temple Hill
As a country bumpkin type, Goran isn't at all familiar with the finer points of philosophy.  He mumbles to himself "...plato...?  ...time standing still...?"

Then he shakes his head slightly, as if he had hurt something or had water to shake off his nose.
Older witch
 NPC, 3 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Thu 7 May 2020
at 18:00
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 478):

Sending your confusion, the crone smiles gently.
"This place is always autumn,  and time flows from a fresh harvest of fruit to the last harvest of the year and back again. In truth, we do need to trade periodically with Summer in order to get flour and spices for baking, but we manage that easily. Young Becca loves this season and Caren  likes the cool air, and I am in the late Autumn of my life, so the place fits us each well."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 452 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 13 May 2020
at 00:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 479):

Hograth was indeed confused initially, but at the old woman's words, his mind seems to settle.

"So you all belong here in a place that represents Autumn all too well. That is good, and indicates this place has not been corrupted. The temple through the gate had indeed been corrupted, and we were concerned how far this corruption had spread."

He sits back and enjoys the Cider, the pie and the company.

"So tell me more about this place and the inhabitants. Is there anyone new?"
Melchizidek
 player, 809 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 13 May 2020
at 12:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 480):

"The sun is fading in Autumn. Only Winter is worse in my opinion. Summer, now there is a season to love...ah, but each to their own."

He goes in to enjoy their company all the same...
Goran the Marked
 player, 250 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 14 May 2020
at 00:30
Re: Temple Hill
Goran finds himself a little bit skeptical yet, but does notice that the rest of his group appears to be relaxing.  He has to admit that this does look innocent on the surface, and he's willing to take the environment at face value.  However, he remains somewhat guarded, and remains vigilent in case the signs change.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 379 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 14 May 2020
at 02:53
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet remains steadfastly vigilant, and on guard.
Younger witch
 NPC, 3 posts
 Young woman in scarf
 Loves autumn
Thu 14 May 2020
at 18:44
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 483):

"Truly, on Samhain the walls get thin, and plenty of fey and spirits abound, and perhaps..."
Mature witch
 NPC, 3 posts
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Thu 14 May 2020
at 18:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Younger witch (msg # 484):

"I wouldn't speculate on what kind uf spirits until you study more lore, Becky."
Older witch
 NPC, 4 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Thu 14 May 2020
at 18:56
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Mature witch (msg # 485):

"And Karen,  you needn't admonish her so. He are a moon away from that part of the cycle, gentlemen, and there is more than one way into this place even when the season is not at its peak.
Thi gs do get in, from time to time, even Things, on occasion, which is why our little circle has so much experience with Banishment, doncha know."

Melchizidek
 player, 811 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Thu 14 May 2020
at 21:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 486):

"That is perhaps something I should ask Helios for. But it is good to hear that you are well versed in it..."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 453 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 14 May 2020
at 21:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 487):

"Indeed. That does give us some comfort. Pity those on the other side of the gate were not. Is there any way we can help keep the evil ones out?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 251 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 14 May 2020
at 21:58
Re: Temple Hill
Goran's ears perk up at the comment made by the older witch.  He knew how they did things up in the hills, but This was a far different realm.  The religious content was his life.  He found the subject interesting when others might not.  Thus, he feels compelled to ask a follow up question.  "How do you do your exorcisms?  I usually start with prayers to Hors, chanting, and I cleanse some water for use in the holy ritual......."

OOC I don't personally know the proper method for exorcisms, much less how they would do it in Shevnia.  Please fill in any detail that would be apropriate.  The real intent was for Goran to compare notes with the witches.  It's a way for him to learn something, and also get a better appraisal of their religious views.  That's the main reason why he, and most of the group, are here.

Also Hograth and or Melchizadek, he can teach you the Shevnian Exorcism.  Not sure how different that would be to Hades, so it may or may not help.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:59, Thu 14 May.

Stenet Fjall
 player, 380 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 15 May 2020
at 04:44
Re: Temple Hill
Upon hearing the witches were versed in banishing magic, Stenet doesn't seem to be casting as many fierce glances their way, but he is still remaining on guard near the door.
Younger witch
 NPC, 4 posts
 Young woman in scarf
 Loves autumn
Sat 16 May 2020
at 16:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 489):

"Usually I smudge with white sage incense, and ring a bell..."
Mature witch
 NPC, 4 posts
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Sat 16 May 2020
at 16:44
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Younger witch (msg # 491):

"and snuff a candle, and slam the book shut admfter reading the invocation against encroaching shadow. If you know the name of the spirit, it can be burned and the ashes scattered..."
Narrator
 GM, 7777 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 May 2020
at 16:47
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Mature witch (msg # 492):

"It doesn't hurt to have a prepared magic circle of protection to activate, to keep spirits and extraplanar creatures at bay, addressing the four elements and the nature of spirit as well. I would demonsteate the banishing, but it woulsd cast the lot of you out."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 454 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 16 May 2020
at 21:27
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 493):

"Could it not also effect yourselves? Are you native to this plane?"
Older witch
 NPC, 5 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Sun 17 May 2020
at 19:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 494):

"I came to this place as a young maiden, eventually became a matron and took on an apprentice,  who now has an apprentice  of her own."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 455 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 17 May 2020
at 21:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 495):

"So Banish could effect yourselves as well?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 253 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 18 May 2020
at 02:15
Re: Temple Hill
Goran cocks his head sideways a hair, and then shakes his head somewhat uncertainly.  "I believe she tried to say that they are naturalized, in a manner of speaking.  This is their home now, so they would not be banished.  That is how I heard their explanation."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 456 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 18 May 2020
at 02:23
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 497):

Hograth looks to the witches for confirmation, with some concern...
Older witch
 NPC, 6 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Wed 20 May 2020
at 16:56
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 498):

"We have made ritual bond with this place, and the spell considers us to be native to this plane."
Melchizidek
 player, 812 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:19
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 499):

"Ah, good. Is that something anyone, or anything, can do?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 254 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:59
Re: Temple Hill
Goran grunts in a gruff sort of humor.  "Aren't you a little young to retire?"
Urrun
 player, 297 posts
Thu 21 May 2020
at 18:48
Re: Temple Hill
It nice place
Older witch
 NPC, 7 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Fri 22 May 2020
at 18:17
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 500):

"Retire? Hardly! Becoming of the land is an involved piece of ritual magick that results in a sort of power investiture. It is involved,  and requires a year of commitment. "
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 457 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:18
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 503):

"That is actually a good thing, then, as it means nothing that has arrived here recently has done this. After we have eaten, do you care to join us to ensure that none of the demons in the temple came through here to defile your lovely land? That is why we have come, and it sounds as if you seek the same thing."
Mature witch
 NPC, 5 posts
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Mon 25 May 2020
at 15:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 504):

"Are the alarms in place, Carole? We would have recieved notice."
Younger witch
 NPC, 5 posts
 Young woman in scarf
 Loves autumn
Mon 25 May 2020
at 15:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Mature witch (msg # 505):

"Karen, the chimes are outside. We need to open the door."

She steps to the door, and opens it. Outsie there is a faint tinkling sound coming from some wooden chimes hanging from a tree.
Older witch
 NPC, 8 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Mon 25 May 2020
at 15:41
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Younger witch (msg # 506):

"Very good Becky! Now let us gather our simples for a banishment.  Gentlemen, we will require your assistance  in physically defending us while we set about this working. Normally we would work from the house, which is defended, but this intruder is coming from the north gate, and not the on you lot came through. Brooms ladies!"
Goran the Marked
 player, 256 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 25 May 2020
at 16:38
Re: Temple Hill
Goran stands, hefts his morning star, and holds the front door open for the ladies so they can more efficiently get started on their task.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:38, Mon 25 May.

Urrun
 player, 298 posts
Mon 25 May 2020
at 19:22
Re: Temple Hill
Bad folk come?

He gets his sling and lead bullets out.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 458 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 25 May 2020
at 20:54
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 509):

"Of course, Ladies. Happy to help. Come on Lads, lets get there. if the ladies are riding broomsticks, we will have a challenge to keep up!"

He readies himself to leave as fast as required.
Melchizidek
 player, 813 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Mon 25 May 2020
at 20:54
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 510):

"Of course, ladies. Please lead the way..."
Stenet Fjall
 player, 381 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Tue 26 May 2020
at 03:15
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet just nods and steps outside to bring up the rear once again.
Narrator
 GM, 7811 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 May 2020
at 18:00
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 512):

The odd feeling of vertigo returns as you exit the house. The three women mount theirbbrooms and rise into the air.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 459 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 26 May 2020
at 21:00
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 513):

"Please remember not all of us are flying, unless you have a way to deal with that..."
Older witch
 NPC, 9 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Wed 27 May 2020
at 18:54
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 514):

"We are well aware of our physical weaknesses, and do not intend to be moving any faster than you, only perhaps more in a more stable fashion."
Goran the Marked
 player, 257 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 27 May 2020
at 20:25
Re: Temple Hill
At his more seasoned age, Goran does not take well to the queasy feeling.  Instinctively he looks around to make sure there are no hills close, should he decide to step on a loose rock by mistake...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 460 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 27 May 2020
at 20:58
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 516):

Hograth will follow them as best he can, keeping an eye on some of his less grounded companions...
Melchizidek
 player, 814 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 27 May 2020
at 21:00
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 517):

Mel will also try to keep up...trying not to look up the skirts of the young ladies flying above him...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 382 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 27 May 2020
at 22:26
Re: Temple Hill
"We should probably rope up, keep anyone from falling off the hill."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:36, Wed 27 May.

Melchizidek
 player, 815 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Thu 28 May 2020
at 07:37
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 519):

"I guess so. You still got that rope?"
Stenet Fjall
 player, 383 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 28 May 2020
at 11:04
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet retrieves the rope from his pack.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 461 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 28 May 2020
at 20:58
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 521):

"Lets tie ourselves together and get going!!! Time is ticking away..."
Goran the Marked
 player, 258 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 28 May 2020
at 21:08
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will gladly rope up.  Although he finds himself saddened that he has been affected by the vertigo.  He isn't as young as he used to be.
Melchizidek
 player, 816 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Thu 28 May 2020
at 21:10
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 523):

Melchizadek will also rope up...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 384 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 28 May 2020
at 21:33
Re: Temple Hill
After tying everyone else in starting with Hograth, then Urrun, Goran, Melchizidek, and finally himself as the anchor, Stenet signals to Hograth they're ready to proceed.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 462 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 29 May 2020
at 05:18
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 525):

...and proceed they do, as Hograth tries to keep up with the flying ladies.
Melchizidek
 player, 817 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Fri 29 May 2020
at 05:19
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 526):

Melchizadek, who is trying not to look up at the young attractive ladies in skirts on broomsticks, has no trouble keeping things up...he is glad he never took a vow of Chastity...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:20, Fri 29 May.

Narrator
 GM, 7834 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 17:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 527):

With difficulty,  you make your way against the unusual pull of gravity,  the witches keeping stable  positions above you.

A number of woodland animals burst out of the brush, running past you.
Urrun
 player, 299 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 18:22
Re: Temple Hill
Bad thing come

He readies his sling.
Goran the Marked
 player, 259 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 18:27
Re: Temple Hill
Goran prepares his weapon, and shield.

"Should we unrope here and make a stand, or should we proceed further?"
Melchizidek
 player, 818 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 20:44
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 530):

"How far away are they ladies? Please tell us when we are getting close, so we can prepare..."
Urrun
 player, 300 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 21:06
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun sniffs the air, his nose up....
Narrator
 GM, 7843 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 15:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 532):

The ladies pull back and alight behind you.
Urrun can smell a mix of hot metal, sour milk and musk.
Urrun
 player, 301 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 19:18
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun makes a face... stink!
Goran the Marked
 player, 260 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 20:21
Re: Temple Hill
Goran takes their action as a non-verbal sign that they want to be quiet, which insinuates the enemy is close.  He unties himself, with intent to ready his morningstar and shield again immediately after.

OOC  Goran has a couple spells he is prepared to cast, depending on the seriousness of the target.  Don't want to get too far ahead though.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 385 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 21:22
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet queitly begins to gather up the rope, untying people who don't immediately untie themselves, coils into his backpack.  He readies axe and shield, and carries the pack in his sheidl hand for now.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 463 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 21:28
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 535):

Hograth checks his crossbow is cocked and loaded with a silver bolt, unties himself, and readies his crossbow, as quietly as possible, moving back to the ladies.
Autumn Intruder
 NPC, 1 post
 outsider
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 16:16
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 537):

A figure steps through the brush, a heavily scaled, muscular male with backswept horns. Where er he steps, the leaves wither. Shadowy flames seem to exude from him.

"Witches! You cannot hold the portal! This place will belong to me and mine, in his name!"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:57, Wed 10 June.

Mature witch
 NPC, 6 posts
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 16:23
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Autumn Intruder (msg # 538):

Karen steps forward.
"I want to talk to your manager. now!"
Urrun
 player, 302 posts
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 18:48
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun loads his sling with a Crushing lead bullet  and swings it up, aiming for this things head (between the eyes)
Autumn Intruder
 NPC, 2 posts
 outsider
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 22:24
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 540):

The creature stumbles,, tge bouda's missile having penetrated his forehead.
With glassy eyes it replies sheepishly to the witch.
"I...I... He is not here. I am not allowed to call him until you have been slain..."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 01:57, Wed 10 June.

Goran the Marked
 player, 261 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 23:59
Re: Temple Hill
Goran steps forward and bursts his morningstar into flames, taking a position next to the figure to guard it.
Urrun
 player, 303 posts
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 01:42
Re: Temple Hill
He reloads with a piercing bullet this time.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 464 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 03:15
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 543):

Hogarth aims at the creatures vitals, before unloading his silver bolt...


"What if you die, demon. Will he come then?"
Stenet Fjall
 player, 386 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 06:34
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet drops his backpack to the ground, takes a few steps towards the demon, but casts his eyes around to make sure they aren't being surrounded.
Autumn Intruder
 NPC, 3 posts
 outsider
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 19:47
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 544):

Transfixed by the silvered bolt, it stares blankly for a second, ichor spilling over its lips.
"Not him, but another. Curse you!"

He collapses and his remains begin to dissolve
Goran the Marked
 player, 262 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 23:42
Re: Temple Hill
Goran carefully sets down his backpack so as not to set it aflame, and then makes a few gestures to himself to invoke Hors.  Then takes up a position guarding the place where the demon came from, waiting for 'another' to arrive.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 465 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 07:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 547):

Hograth begins the long process of re-cocking his crossbow.

"Maybe we can get more co-operation from the next one..." he quips as the creature dissolves.

"Apparently, silver works well. I will need some more of those bolts."

If he has time once the crossbow is re-cocked, he will retrieve his silver bolt.
Urrun
 player, 304 posts
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 19:03
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun goes the the heap of dust and uses a stick to find his bullet, and Hograth's bolt if it's there. He slides/rolls them out onto clean gound and looks them over carefully (smell, look but not touch).
Narrator
 GM, 7858 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 22:53
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 549):

Dead demon is rancid, not like carrion, more like vomit and overburnt cooking oil, with an unpleasant sweetness.

The lead bullet, while misshapen  (-1 to acc) is intact, the bolt...needs a roll from Hograth- 15 or better and it is useless as silver, 12 or better and it is totally useless as a bolt (roll a 12-14 and the head is retrievable)
Subtract holiness/holy might from the roll.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:53, Thu 11 June.

Urrun
 player, 305 posts
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 02:44
Re: Temple Hill
He takes his bullet back and sets it aside in his pack for some adjustments so it will fly straight.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 387 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 04:16
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet continues to to slowly turn, scanning the area for any signs of other demons or what-for that might be sneaking up on them.



OOC:  00:13, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 10 using 3d6.  Per/Observation 12.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 466 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 04:41
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 550):

Not sure I get you, but it seems you suggested high was better, contrary to usual GURPs rolls, or I do not really understand. Not important...I rolled!

Well, the bolt is either very good, or wasted... Rolled a 5 with holiness...
Narrator
 GM, 7865 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 13:37
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 553):

Excellent! The bolt is perfectly intact!

Stenet hears something  moving in the direction the demon came from.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 467 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 22:03
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 554):

Ah, understood that!

Hograth, having recocked the crossbow, loads the same bolt into it, before looking around for more trouble.
Urrun
 player, 306 posts
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 22:26
Re: Temple Hill
He loads a piercing bullet this time.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 388 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 00:31
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet points to his ear and then towards the sound of movement.



OOC:  20:30, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 12 using 3d6.  Gesture 12.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 468 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 00:54
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 557):

Noticing the gesture, Hogarth makes sure he looks in that direction, as well as others...
Goran the Marked
 player, 263 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 15:34
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is already guarding the group from the direction where the noise is coming from.  His morningstar is already on fire, and he has shed his pack so he's prepared to fight.  A quick survey behind him shows that others have missile weapons ready to fire, so he settles in, on guard, to face whatever may come.  Privately, he is quite sure he can handle whatever may come, but if the rest of the group wants to feel useful...  He can accept that.
Narrator
 GM, 7869 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 18:31
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 559):

There is a crashing of trees collapsing under tremendous weight or pressure, and you hear a sharp piercing cry that blows the brilliantly colored leaves from the branches. Something large is coming
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 469 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 19:56
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 560):

Hograth will place his axe and shield against a rock behind the others, before bracing the crossbow against the rock, pointing it in the direction of the expected arrival.
Urrun
 player, 307 posts
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 22:37
Re: Temple Hill
He makes sure his sword is handy to be drawn...
Goran the Marked
 player, 264 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 23:58
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is prepared for the onslaught.  As he waits calmly for his foe to clear the woods, he prays silently to Hors for protection.
Hell walker
 NPC, 1 post
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 00:02
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 563):

A massive fourlegged bird, 8 yards high, with a body 5 yards in diameter sto.ps through, and spying you, prepares to sink the pinions of its treetrunk sized armored leg into whoever is in front...
Goran that might be you!
Stenet Fjall
 player, 389 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 00:43
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet roars "VERRECKEN!" and begins charging the hellbird!



OOC:  Something like "DIE A WRETCHED DEATH!", but in dwarven.

Also, Stenet was towards the back and only has a Move of 4.

Urrun
 player, 308 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 02:57
Re: Temple Hill
He swings up his sling and launches the bullet at the creatures head .

He Then draws his sword.
Hell walker
 NPC, 2 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 13:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 566):

Goran- dodge or take 11 points crushing

The creature seems irritated by Urrun's attack
Goran the Marked
 player, 265 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 23:21
Re: Temple Hill
Goran sees the creature coming out of the foliage.  He's ready for the beast, and prepares to strike.  As the giant bird lifts a claw, Goran thinks it is going to take another step.  Instead, it lashes out, catching him a bit by surprise.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:21, Tue 16 June.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 470 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 23:44
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hell walker (msg # 564):

Hograth will aim carefully at the creatures skull, between the eyes, before squeezing the trigger.
Urrun
 player, 309 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 01:56
Re: Temple Hill
He advances to one side to widen the threat, holding his sword ready...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 390 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 02:50
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet keeps charging.



OOC:  Just let me know he finally gets there.
Hell walker
 NPC, 3 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 18:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 571):
As the creature advances, and takes a hit to the head with the bolt, it shrieks

Ht rolls all or take 9 pts sonic damage.
Goran is not thrown back, but grappled!


The witches have joined hands and are chanting.
Goran the Marked
 player, 266 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 19:00
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is amazed that the bird thing managed to grab him in a talon.  He struggles to break free as well as he can.

OOC Not sure if it has his arms, or just the torso.  Hands free?
Urrun
 player, 310 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 20:35
Re: Temple Hill
He approaches the thing and swings his sword, Bloodletter, at the Leg grasping  Goran
Stenet Fjall
 player, 391 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 20:42
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet doesn't even lose stride as the shriek rolls over him.


OOC:  16:40, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 13 using 3d6.  HT 23 vs Evil Supernatural Demon attacks.  (Ht 14 + 7 Res vs Evil Sup + 2 Higher Purpose vs Demons).
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 471 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 22:24
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 575):

Hogarth slinga his crossbow and grabs his axe and shield.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:03, Thu 18 June.

Hell walker
 NPC, 4 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 18:17
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 574):

Urrun's blade cleaves into the already burnt leg, crippling it, black smoke sizzling where the magical blade cut through the heavy scales.


Gorran, released from the enourmous claw still needs to roll HT vs the sonic attack.

The witches continue chanting, and the air above them seems blurry, even as the younger one bleeds from her ears.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 392 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 18:40
Re: Temple Hill
OOC:  Is Stenet close enough to launch an attack yet?  Made three Move actions (12 yards total).
Narrator
 GM, 7882 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 17:26
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 578):

Stenet can now attack.

The air above the witches becomes more turbulent.  One has a bell, one a book that they are reading from, the last a lit candle.
Urrun
 player, 311 posts
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 18:14
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun moves slightly and attacks the other leg on this side with his sword.
Goran the Marked
 player, 267 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 20:06
Re: Temple Hill
Goran seemingly recovers.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:40, Fri 19 June.

Stenet Fjall
 player, 393 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 23:21
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet steps in, swings for its leg, and misses.




OOC:  Attack, Hit Location Neck.

19:17, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 17 using 3d6.  Axe 17 (Skill 19 - 2 Hit Location: Leg).

19:18, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 12 using 3d6.  Critical Miss.  Axe becomes Unreadied.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Fri 26 June.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 472 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 23:21
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 581):

Hogarth continues with his weapon and shield change out...
Narrator
 GM, 7889 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 19:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 583):

To clarify size: this creature has a body three yards in diameter with no real neck, atop legs that are about 4 yards high. The head/body can only be attacked with missiles  or spells, the legs are armored with thick scales and the body with dense feathers.

The bird let go of Goran when Urrun attacked the leg.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 394 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 21:52
Re: Temple Hill
OOC:  Then presume Stenet was swinging for the Leg at -2 instead of -5, and suffers only a regular miss (as a 17 is always a miss).

Edited above to reflect this.

Goran the Marked
 player, 268 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 23:15
Re: Temple Hill
As noted above, Goran is swinging for whatever he can reach.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 473 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 23:49
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 586):

Hogarth will be a few rounds changing weapons. Please let me know when he is ready...
Urrun
 player, 312 posts
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 02:04
Re: Temple Hill
he swings and misses as the creature moves it's leg...
Narrator
 GM, 7900 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 19:24
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 588):

The creature squawks and stomps at Urrun for 4 pts crushing unless dodged
Stenet Fjall
 player, 395 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 16/17
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 00:09
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet takes a mighty swing at the hell bird's leg.



OOC:  Attack Maneuver.

20:04, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 12 using 3d6.  Axe 17 (Skill 19 - 2 Hit Location: Leg). 1FP for Mighty Blows.

20:06, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 14 using 2d6+5.  Potential Axe damage 2d6+5 cutting (2d+1 + 2 HP +2 MB).

Urrun
 player, 313 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 02:10
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun manages to side step the creatures stomp and swing at that leg, missing again.
Goran the Marked
 player, 269 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 15:22
Re: Temple Hill
Goran again steps in to attack the creature, swinging at whatever he can reach.
Hell walker
 NPC, 5 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 19:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 592):

The flailing damage aeems to be minimal-the fire does nothing, and the armor seems to resist the flail more than it resisted Urrun's sword, which, given a critical failure, has been dropped.
Narrator
 GM, 7905 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 19:04
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hell walker (msg # 593):

What kind of axe does Stenet have? It costs 8x as much as it should, so it might be 2 of dwarven, balanced, fine, or silvered,  I just couldnt see which it was
Goran the Marked
 player, 270 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 19:33
Re: Temple Hill
Goran might not be doing much, but it was better than nothing.  And every moment he could keep the creature busy was another moment when the witches could do their work.  He fervently prays to Hors to guide his strikes, and keeps swinging.

The grim determination in his face pulls at his scar, just a little.  He finds it strange how little things like this get noticed in the middle of such a busy fight.

OOC  I forgot to mention, his mace is silvered.
Hell walker
 NPC, 6 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 20:27
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 595):

In that case, the last two swings have definitely damages the leg. As this is the same one Urrun cut, it snaps!

The creature stumbles, and shrieks again!

Ht rolls or take 8 pts sonic.
Goran the Marked
 player, 271 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 21:00
Re: Temple Hill
The creature shrieks in pain again, but this time Goran is prepared for it.  Ducking behind his shield, he lets the sound wash over him, and thanks the light that he can withstand it.

With the creature stumbling, he quickly steps in to try and take advantage of the momentary opening.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 396 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 16/17
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 21:57
Re: Temple Hill
Narrator:
What kind of axe does Stenet have? It costs 8x as much as it should, so it might be 2 of dwarven, balanced, fine, or silvered,  I just couldnt see which it was

That is an excellent question.  Let me hunt it down...

Okay, I located the original copy of the OP's character sheet, it's Balanced and Dwarven...  so I'll have to remember it's +1 to skill.  I'll edit the character sheet to reflect this.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:13, Fri 26 June.

Stenet Fjall
 player, 397 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 16/17
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 22:12
Re: Temple Hill
Seeing it stumbling Stenet attacks the other leg with two quick blows.


OOC:  Attack Maneuver, 2 attacks, 1FP for Flurry of Blows.

18:06, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 11, 6 using 3d6,3d6.  Axe 15 (Skill 17 + 1 Balanced + 2 HP - 3 Flurry - 2 Hit Location: Leg). 1FP for Flurry of Blows.

18:08, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 10, 8 using 2d6+3,2d6+3.  Potential Axe damage 2d6+3 cutting (2d+1 + 2 HP), twice.

And Stenet again ignores the creatures shrieks.
17:58, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 8 using 3d6.  HT 23 vs Evil Supernatural Demon attacks.  (Ht 14 + 7 Res vs Evil Sup + 2 Higher Purpose vs Demons).

This message was last edited by the player at 22:13, Fri 26 June.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 474 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 22:15
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 599):

Hogarth, having changed to silvered axe and shield, ignored the shteik and moves in closer to fight the thing...
Urrun
 player, 314 posts
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 02:34
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun curses on Bouda, as his sword falls from his hand, he dives for it and grabs it rolling away from the beast before standing ... the shriek has no effect.
Narrator
 GM, 7908 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 18:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 601):

Stenet appears to have done very minimal damage. He suspects it to resist non silvered or non magical damage.

Those of you with demon lore, make a roll

Goran's weapon cracks the scales, but the flames do very little...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 398 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 18:55
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet moves over to Urrun, "GO ALL IN!  I'LL SHIELD YA!"



OOC:  All Out Defense (+2 Block), prepared to Sacrificial Block for Urrun.

14:49, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 8 using 3d6.  Hidden Lore (Demons) 12.

Hell walker
 NPC, 7 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 19:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 603):

The Archerai as hellwalkers are knoemwn, can only be slain by having their tongues cut. They are resistabt to fire, and weapons neirher silver nor magical, and their tread kills vegetation.  Crippling three legs causes them to belch forth black toxic smoke,  and it is rumored that the soke itself is a demon of another sort.
Urrun
 player, 315 posts
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 22:39
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun swings at the other leg on the same side as the one injured, hoping to drop this critter, he executes an all out attack (STRONG +2 to Damage).
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 475 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 23:31
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 591):

You did remember the bolt that hit the head was a silver bodkin bolt, reloaded after killing the last demon, right?

Finally ready, Hograth will attack with his silvered axe...

If Hogarth can hit the torso with his axe, he will, otherwise he targets a leg...
Goran the Marked
 player, 272 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Sun 28 Jun 2020
at 22:32
Re: Temple Hill
Goran attacks again.
Hell walker
 NPC, 8 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 607):

Hograth cripples the leg, having done enough damage to bypass the scales!

Two legs down!

Alas, Goran barely injures the third leg due to the heavy scales.
Urrun
 player, 316 posts
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 16:25
Re: Temple Hill
And Urrun's effort?  Msg 605
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 476 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 01:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 609):

And Hogarth's?
Stenet Fjall
 player, 399 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 02:21
Re: Temple Hill
Hograth Podkarmen:
And Hogarth's?

ooC:  You're gonna have to have a talk with that Hograth, he keeps stealing your thunder.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 477 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 05:09
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 611):

Damn spellcheck. Hate it when computers think...
Goran the Marked
 player, 273 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 15:10
Re: Temple Hill
Goran continues to fight, attempting to bring down the leg in front of him.  He finds that he has not been terribly effective, but every little bit counts in his mind.  Again he says a little prayer to Hors as he swings his flail.

At the edge of his hearing, a side conversation barely registers.  Wait, did Hograth have a brother named Hogarth...?
Hell walker
 NPC, 9 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 18:10
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 613):

With Urrun's cleave, the creature falls, and as Goran smashes its remaining knee, it spits out a black cloud of lethal smog...
Toxic cloud
 NPC, 13 posts
 Evil smoke
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 18:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hell walker (msg # 614):

The black cloud spreads, blotting the sunlight...
Older witch
 NPC, 10 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 18:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Toxic cloud (msg # 615):

"Now my sisters! The bird is down, let us banish the true threat!"
Younger witch
 NPC, 6 posts
 Young woman in scarf
 Loves autumn
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 18:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 616):

Becky rings the bell
Mature witch
 NPC, 7 posts
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 18:15
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Younger witch (msg # 617):

Karen slams the book closed
Older witch
 NPC, 11 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 18:16
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Mature witch (msg # 618):

Carol snuffs the candle.

"Out with you now, foul toxifier! Begone from this plane!"
Toxic cloud
 NPC, 14 posts
 Evil smoke
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 18:17
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 619):

The diffuse demon shrinks into itself and vanishes with an audible pop!
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 478 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 21:55
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Toxic cloud (msg # 620):

Does Hograth get to finish the bird? He was aiming at vitals....
Stenet Fjall
 player, 400 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 00:15
Re: Temple Hill
"Help me with it's beak, have to cut out it's tongue or it'll come back to life."

Stenet will then proceed to lever its beak open and cut out the tongue...


OOC:  Does it have any valuable parts?  Not sure what skill you want rolled.

20:14, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 11 using 3d6.  Identifying valuable bits on the Hellwalker.

Narrator
 GM, 7932 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 17:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 622):

Demon physiology, or dungeon butcher.

Not yet dead, merely crippled, it snaps at Stenet's hand- dodge or take 11 points cutting to the hand!
Urrun
 player, 317 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 19:41
Re: Temple Hill
He steps over a watches quizzically as Stenet messes with the birds beak... Maybe if I make dead!

Heb raises the sword overhead and strikes at the Birds Neck.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 401 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 22:09
Re: Temple Hill
"HELLS!"

He jams his shield into the snapping beak, drops his axe, and grabs at it's head with his now free arm (attempting to trap his shield in it's beak).



OOC:  AOA (Determined) Grappling it's head.  Rolling Block since he still has a shield...

17:54, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 11 using 3d6.  Block 15.

18:04, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 11 using 3d6.  Grapple Head 16  (Skill 14 - 3 Head - 3 Shield + 2 High Purp + 4 AOA).

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 479 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 22:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 625):

Am I invisible here? Still no attack, and no response to message #606 or any since...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 402 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 00:34
Re: Temple Hill
Hograth Podkarmen:
Am I invisible here? Still no attack, and no response to message #606 or any since...

Psst, msg #608: "Hograth cripples the leg, having done enough damage to bypass the scales!"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 480 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 6 Jul 2020
at 20:05
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 627):

Oh, so I am the silly old bugger. My apologies, I missed that. In that case, he will try to decapitate the thing...
Urrun
 player, 318 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2020
at 22:37
Re: Temple Hill
msg 624 ... Urrun is already working at that...
Urrun
 player, 319 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2020
at 22:37
Re: Temple Hill

This message was deleted by the player at 22:37, Mon 06 July.

Narrator
 GM, 7945 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 19:51
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 624):

As previously described, this creature has no neck. Additionally, grappling its head is a trifle difficult, as it is SM+4, making the head roughly 8 feet accross, and the beak over a yard accross.
Fortunately,  it is feathered, and Stenet is holding on to that.

Given the absence of a neck, is Urrun strining at the head or the torso?
The feathers are dense, but no where as dense as the scales.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 481 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 20:22
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 631):

So if there is no neck, Hograth will aim more at the head itself...
Goran the Marked
 player, 274 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 23:37
Re: Temple Hill
As the thing goes down Goran tries another swing at the thing.
Urrun
 player, 320 posts
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 02:53
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 631):

Basically at the point where they join ... so the head close to the body.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 404 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 03:18
Re: Temple Hill
"WATCH MY ARM!"

Stenet shouts as he holds on and tries to twist his shield and force the beak open...


OOC:  Um... call it a Limb Lock?  Attack Maneuver, Beak Lock.

23:16, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 10 using 3d6.  Wrestling 16, attempting a Beak Lock. (Skill 14 + 2 HP (Slay Demons))

Hell walker
 NPC, 11 posts
 Gigantic bird thing
 From the netherworld
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 19:35
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 633):

Goran wraps the chain of the flail around his wrist, it will take an extra turn to ready it.

Urrun's cleave into the shoulder sprays the area with ichor.

Stenet pries open the beak, giving someone ac"ess to the tongue, but it shreiks right at him, causing 9 sonic damage without a HT roll, and temporarily deafens him.
Goran the Marked
 player, 275 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 20:23
Re: Temple Hill
Goran swings with extreme determination at the leg in front of him, with a small tear in the corner of his eye.  Everything about this creature was wrong, and evil.  The situation reminded him too much of his home, and of the people that were killed there.  He had not been strong enough to defend them.  Watching the witches try to defend this land from the creature pulled at his heart strings.

In this moment, Goran finds that the peacefulness of Hors had not yet permeated through his character.  His emotional response has led him to try just a little too hard in his fight with the creature.  When the beast suddenly crashes to the ground, Goran discovers that he had leaned into the swing far too much.  suddenly the leg he was aiming for was not there, and he was way off balance.

As the chain from his morning star wraps itself around his waist, Goran practically erupts with frustration!  "BY HORS!  THIS ADVENTURE HAS BEEN CURSED FROM THE BEGINNING!  BEGONE YOU FOUL CREATURE!!!"

OOC Goran will take a round or two to untangle himself from his weapon.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 405 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 21:44
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet shakes his head and shouts "CUT OUT THE TONGUE!"


OOC:  Hit Location?  Large Area Damage?  Or does it bypass armor altogether?

Need see if I'm making a HT roll for Knockdown or not...

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 482 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 22:32
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 638):

"What the hell are you doing? Grappling it before it is disabled is only protecting the thing! Let us hack it a bit first!"

He holds his attack until Stenet gets out of the way.

(Same attack as before, I guess, as he still has not done it?)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:11, Thu 09 July.

Goran the Marked
 player, 276 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 22:57
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  Unsure of general placement.  How it exists in my mind may or may not be accurate.  If he's in the way of Hograth, he'll move.
Narrator
 GM, 7959 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 19:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 639):

The creature is down but writhing. It has taken enough damage to fell something this size...

The shriek is area damage, primary DR affects it.


The tongue is -3 for size.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:41, Fri 10 July.

Older witch
 NPC, 12 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 19:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 641):

" Be Still!"

The creature freezes in place.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 483 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 21:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Older witch (msg # 642):

Can Hograth gut out the tongue with his axe? He will certainly try!
Melchizidek
 player, 819 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 21:49
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 643):

Melchizadek (who I forgot about!) looks to see if anyone has been injured. He make a note to ask Helios about the Banish spell next...but suspects he may have to get closer to his deity!
Urrun
 player, 321 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 21:49
Re: Temple Hill
Sword have Magic, maybe work gooder
Stenet Fjall
 player, 406 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 7/13 FP: 15/17
Sat 11 Jul 2020
at 01:25
Re: Temple Hill
Narrator:
The shriek is area damage, primary DR affects it.

OOC:  Okay, so an Area attack, but not Large Area Damage.  Stenet is is "fine", realing, but not having to make KnockDown/Stun rolls for a Major Wound as he only takes 6 injury after DR, not 7 or more...
Melchizidek
 player, 820 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Sun 12 Jul 2020
at 04:14
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 646):

Melchizedek will step up to strengthen Stenet...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Mon 13 July.

Narrator
 GM, 7967 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 20:30
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 647):

The beast is frozen in place, unable to scream. Its jaw is wedged open, and the tonge accessible, as SM-1 go fer it
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 484 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 20:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 648):

Hograth will get into position, but if someone uses a sword first, he will let them go for it...
Urrun
 player, 322 posts
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 21:19
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun will give it a try, using dexterity rather than brute strength this time.
Goran the Marked
 player, 277 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 23:22
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will walk to the thing's head and Stand there, ready to assist should they need it.
Narrator
 GM, 7973 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 16:08
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 651):

With the last cleave the bird shudders and crumbles into s pile of feathers, which begin to smoke.
Goran the Marked
 player, 278 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 19:27
Re: Temple Hill
Goran steps to the smoke, ready to attack should the smoke coalesce into something solid and evil.
Urrun
 player, 323 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 19:33
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun notices Goran's action and looks bemused for a second, before stepping back and raising the sword over his right shoulder, ready to swing at anything materializing.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 485 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 20:26
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 654):

Hograth remains at the ready...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 407 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 7/13 FP: 15/17
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 23:57
Re: Temple Hill
OOC:  Any chance of saving the feathers?  Feathers that tough might have some uses...

19:54, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 9 using 3d6.  Trying to save the Demon Feathers.

MoS +3 if Hidden Lore (Demons) 12, MoF -2 if Hazardous Materials (Any) 7.

Narrator
 GM, 7981 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 18:31
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 656):

The gizzards are known to have gemstones,  and the feathers can be made (enchanted)into a fan that works against Toxifiers, the demon within them
Urrun
 player, 324 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 19:19
Re: Temple Hill
As nothing happens, Urrun lowers his sword tip and begins to poke through the refuse remaining as the creature dissolves.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 486 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 20:52
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 658):

Sifting through the remains, is anything left?
Stenet Fjall
 player, 408 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 7/13 FP: 15/17
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 23:09
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet pours water over the smoldering pile until it stops... smouldering.  He starts collecting the feathers (even damaged ones).

"If ya find any organs, cut 'em open, sometimes there's gems inside."


If no one else does that, he'll do so once the feathers are packed.
Urrun
 player, 325 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 02:22
Re: Temple Hill
He'll open any and all organs he sees...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 487 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 11:18
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 661):

This demon dealt with, Hograth looks around to see if anyone else is injured, including the witches. Or if there is anything else approaching...
Goran the Marked
 player, 279 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 18:29
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will move among the group and heal anyone who needs it.

OOC Didn't track who all got injured.  I can go back through and compile it if necessary.  Goran himself could use a few also, but I'll do all the rolls together.
Melchizidek
 player, 821 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 20:15
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 663):

I did some healing with Stenet...not sure if anyone else was injured...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 409 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 7/13 FP: 15/17
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 01:19
Re: Temple Hill
Melchizidek:
I did some healing with Stenet...

OOC:  You didn't mention what it was in the post, so I didn't track it.

* "... strengthen Stenet..." doesn't mean anything to me if nothing else is said.  Like was it a +ST spell?  A +DR spell?  Healing?  Lend FP...  so I ignored it figuring it was being filtered through the GM.

Also Stenet is deafened (temporarily) so, he can't hear if people are making small talk at him.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:20, Fri 17 July.

Melchizidek
 player, 822 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 03:29
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 665):

Ah, secret line, in case the Boss wanted to modify it. Since he said nothing, I assume not, so 6 HP....
Stenet Fjall
 player, 410 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 04:38
Re: Temple Hill
Melchizidek:
Ah, secret line, in case the Boss wanted to modify it. Since he said nothing, I assume not, so 6 HP....

OOC:  Yeah, Stenet has no Ads, Disads, or Abilities that would interfere or boost your spells...
Goran the Marked
 player, 280 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 15:58
Re: Temple Hill
Seeing everyone else in good health, Goran prays to Hors for health and strength, and breathes easier after completing his prayer.  Then he goes to sit down, as he needs rest.

He'll bow his head briefly at the witches, when he catches their eye, in a gesture of respect.

OOC Goran will spend a moment to heal himself up, then sit down to recover some fatigue.
Younger witch
 NPC, 7 posts
 Young woman in scarf
 Loves autumn
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 17:11
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 668):

Rebecca is bleeding lightly from her ears, and doesn't seem to hear you.
The other two seem unaffected.
Mature witch
 NPC, 8 posts
 Wants to see
 Your manager
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 17:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Younger witch (msg # 669):

Karen taps the youger witch on the shoulder.
"I think she may be injured. If you could save a few of those feathers, we might have a use for them."
Older witch
 NPC, 13 posts
 Knows better than you
 The ways of the world
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 18:31
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Mature witch (msg # 670):

"Thank you for your assistance  gentlemen,  this one could have done some serious damage toour home. Would you like to retire to the cottage for a little cartomancy?"
Urrun
 player, 326 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 20:17
Re: Temple Hill
He doesn't bother with feathers, just sliding them aside with the tip of his sword as he locates and slices open anything resembling an internal organ.
Goran the Marked
 player, 281 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 21:15
Re: Temple Hill
Goran responds "The touch of Hors tires me out.  The scope of his divinity and power requires some effort to channel.  I could use a few minutes to rest."

OOC  Would cartomancy be considered a neutral, good, or evil action in this setting?  Or it's in the eye of the beholder?  If so, I have to decide how Goran would react.
Melchizidek
 player, 823 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 00:10
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 673):

Melchizadek will heal Goran next, before he goes to the younger witch and gently touches her with Helios healing touch. Perhaps a little more gently than his healing touch of Stenet or Goran...


"I could use a rest for a little...does anyone else need heeling?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:13, Sat 18 July.

Narrator
 GM, 7993 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 00:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 672):

Urrun can't seem to find anything amidst the muck and feathers.

For those interested,  cartomancy is a neutral tho g, alrgough divination by favomancy, the casting of beans.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 489 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 10:33
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 675):

"Is that all? There are no more of these abominations?"

He begins to reload his crossbow, looking to see if he can recover the silver bolt from the things head first...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 411 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 18:04
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet trusts Urrun to have thoroughly examined the offal, and readies his pack for marching out, but keeps his eyes open for any other signs of demon presence.
Narrator
 GM, 7998 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Jul 2020
at 00:08
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 676):

Tour roll determines that it is intact. Now roll search or per-4 to find it
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 490 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 21 Jul 2020
at 07:06
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 678):

Rolled 1 under perception...if he cannot find it, he is likely to keep searching...do I add for extra time or keep rerolling. He is greedy, and it is a silver bolt...it must be here somewhere!
Narrator
 GM, 8004 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 Jul 2020
at 17:13
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 679):

Make another roll at -4
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 491 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 23 Jul 2020
at 20:22
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 680):

Rolled 2 over Perception...

"Anyone seen my silver bolt in all that crap?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 282 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 00:25
Re: Temple Hill
Goran is resting, but when he is done resting he can help look.
Urrun
 player, 327 posts
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 01:44
Re: Temple Hill
He looks around again...
Narrator
 GM, 8013 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 26 Jul 2020
at 17:55
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 683):

Urrun steps on something round and hard.
Melchizidek
 player, 824 posts
 Priest of Helios
 HP: 11/11, FP: 8/13
Sun 26 Jul 2020
at 21:56
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 684):

Melchizadek will also rest if no-one else wants healing...and talk to the ladies about things.
Urrun
 player, 328 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2020
at 02:38
Re: Temple Hill
Unh!? he looks at what he stepped on, moving it with the tip of his sword.
Narrator
 GM, 8023 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 29 Jul 2020
at 17:16
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 686):

Within a rapidly rotting rag of flesh, Urrun finds a polished stone the size of a sling bullet, dark green with light green bands.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 492 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 29 Jul 2020
at 20:03
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 687):

"That looks good. Grab that to share later..." says Hograth, still hopefully looking for his silver bolt.
Urrun
 player, 329 posts
Wed 29 Jul 2020
at 23:02
Re: Temple Hill
He picks it up and puts it in his pouch after cleaning it off.
Goran the Marked
 player, 283 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Wed 29 Jul 2020
at 23:19
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will get up, and start adjusting his equipment to make sure everything is in order, along with making sure his shield is equipped.  He'll hang his morningstar over his shoulder so he has a free hand to help with looking around.
Narrator
 GM, 8026 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 Jul 2020
at 19:06
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 688):

You sre literally looking for a needle in a haystack, a bolt in a 25 foot pile of feathers.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 493 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Thu 30 Jul 2020
at 20:31
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 691):

Wow, there are that many feathers? Plenty for everyone...can I use my axe to fan the feathers away? Unlike a needle, the bolt is much denser than feathers!
Narrator
 GM, 8032 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jul 2020
at 17:50
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 692):

These feathers are the size of plm or banana leaves. The body of this creature was abot 20 feet in diameter.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 495 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Fri 31 Jul 2020
at 19:54
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 693):

Then Hograth, being greedy, will start moving the pile to get to the bottom of them...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 412 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Sat 1 Aug 2020
at 04:19
Re: Temple Hill
Narrator:
You sre literally looking for a needle in a haystack, a bolt in a 25 foot pile of feathers.

Stenet was also packing feathers away... (though he can pack away roughly 40 pounds worth)
Narrator
 GM, 8036 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 2 Aug 2020
at 02:25
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 694):

there are probably almost a hundred pounds of these feathers.  Search rolls (per-4) to find either the bolt or anything else.
Urrun
 player, 330 posts
Sun 2 Aug 2020
at 02:33
Re: Temple Hill
He digs through the mess...
Stenet Fjall
 player, 413 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 15/17
Sun 2 Aug 2020
at 02:52
Re: Temple Hill
"Hmmm.  Maybe they could be bundled and drug behind us back to the gate..."





OOC:  22:50, Today: Stenet Fjall rolled 8 using 3d6.  Per 12.  While digging through the feathers..
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 496 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 2 Aug 2020
at 03:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 698):

Lol, that is a lot of feathers! Is there any wind? I am thinking there would be a cloud forming with these individuals sifting through them all!
Goran the Marked
 player, 284 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 16:49
Re: Temple Hill
Goran assists with the search, although it's a lot of feathers to get through.
Narrator
 GM, 8045 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 20:21
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 698):

Stenet found the silver crossbow bolt!
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 497 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 20:45
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 701):

"Yay, Stenet!"

Hograth stops short of giving him a kiss though...just.
Goran the Marked
 player, 285 posts
 Priest of Hors
 HT 8/13 | F 9/12
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 20:48
Re: Temple Hill
Goran will look for whatever else might be of value then.

It's probably safe to assume at least some of the body parts are valuable.  If nothing else, he will bring back feathers.
Narrator
 GM, 8053 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 19:04
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 703):

Everything except eathers is rapidly becoming gray sludge.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 498 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 20:15
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 704):

So we finish gathering as many feathers as we can fit in our packs, and ensuring there is nothing else, before getting ready to head off...
Melchizidek
 player, 825 posts
 Priest of Helios
 HP: 11/11, FP: 8/13
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 20:16
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 705):

Melchizadek was resting...how long did he get? Did he get to chat up talk to the ladies while he rested?