Temple Hill.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Urrun
 player, 275 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 17:26
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun looks at Goran and Nods ... Not want to go by Had er eum ... not good men.



OOC - Not trying to hold up the game, just think this less educated creature would not trust magic gates much.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 362 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:23
Re: Temple Hill
"Hograth, let me know if I'm overstepping, but I say we," he points his thumb at himself, Horgrath, and Goran, "pop through, give the immediate area a look around and pop back.  Let Melchizizaza...  sorry still haven't gotten your name straight, let him talk Urrun past this crisis of faith.  By the time the Hades guards get here we should have an idea of what we're about over there, and your tracker and, uh, Mel can join us.  Sound about right?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 433 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:38
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 373):

"That sounds like a good plan. See you guys soon...Mel, make sure that a message is sent, and both of you come through when they get here."
Urrun
 player, 276 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 21:29
Re: Temple Hill
You come back? Say OK?
Goran the Marked
 player, 229 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:26
Re: Temple Hill
Goran looks at the bouda and responds flatly.  "We hope to come back.  If we run into trouble we may not.  We need your protection, but we will go without it if we must."

Goran then sets his staff on fire, as they prepare to go through the autumnal gate.
Urrun
 player, 277 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:42
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun looks torn, then nods again ... Bouda never desert pack.   He draws his sword and steps up beside Goran, still looking rather dubious.
Melchizidek
 player, 806 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 07:12
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 377):

Only Melchizadek waits for the guards before departing. He looks around to see if they are here yet...

This message was last edited by the player at 07:14, Tue 17 Mar.

Goran the Marked
 player, 230 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 17:28
Re: Temple Hill
As long as the gate is ready, Goran will nod at Urrun, and then proceed through.
Guardsman
 NPC, 39 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 20:29
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 379):

Two members of the watch approach,  eying the pyre of corpses suspiciously.
"Which one of you is Hograth?"
Urrun
 player, 278 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 00:43
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun goes with Goran ... not happily, but he goes.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 434 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 06:39
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 381):

"I am. I was about to pass through this gate and leave this priest to guard until you arrived, but since you are here, we need you to guard the gate here while we ensure there is no corruption on the other side."

With that, he heads through the gate.
Melchizidek
 player, 807 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 06:40
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 382):

"Guess I am not needed here any more."

With that, he follows Hograth.
Guardsman
 NPC, 40 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 17:41
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 382):

"What are we guarding against"

Which gate are you going through?
Doric
Ionic
Corinthian
Composite

This message was lightly edited by the player at 19:53, Sat 21 Mar.

Goran the Marked
 player, 231 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 17:52
Re: Temple Hill
OOC  He chose the "Autumn" gate, whichever that one was.

From msg 257, on page 11:
Each of the four orders features a fluted column
the simple doric columns flanked the winter gate ---> Winter
next clockwise is ionic, which has curling scrolls ---> Spring?
the next, the corinthian, has leaves ---> Summer?
the fourth, the composite, has both leaves and scrolls ---> Autumn?

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 435 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 19:42
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 385):

Yep, that was the plan. The breakdown looks as good as any guess.
Stenet Fjall
 player, 363 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 21:32
Re: Temple Hill
Guardsman:
"What are we guarding against"

"Hograth and his crew took out some infernal cultists and cleaned up a tainted chapel, but a couple of cultists escaped into the city.  We're going through these gates to track down the source of the demonic incursions and end it.  Your job is to make sure those one or two cultists don't come back and lock these gates closed while we're over there killing their masters."

He smooths his moustaches, "And if monsters start pouring through the open gate, run and get more guards and adventurers.
Narrator
 GM, 7558 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:01
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 385):

Beyond the gate is a forest growing on a steep incline (bad footing). The foliage is a gorgeous riot of oranges, yellows and reds, and there is a pleasant crispness in the air, and a faint scent of cinammon and apples.
Urrun
 player, 279 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 02:55
Re: Temple Hill
Urrun snifs, his nose in the air   Smell pie of apple !
Stenet Fjall
 player, 364 posts
 Dwarf Holy Warrior
 HP: 13/13 FP: 17/17
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 05:19
Re: Temple Hill
Stenet begins eyeing the area, "Awfully pleasant for a source of infernal taint..."

He sounds extra suspicious.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 436 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 19:46
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Stenet Fjall (msg # 390):

"I don't think these places were the source of infernal taint, at least not initially. Lets get to the top of this ridge and look around."

He heads up the slope to find the top...
Urrun
 player, 280 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 21:16
Re: Temple Hill
Not follow smell?
Goran the Marked
 player, 232 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 00:34
Re: Temple Hill
Goran looks at Urrun.  "See, that wasn't so bad.  Just a door from one place to another.  Nothing to it."

He takes a look around, and then agrees with Hograth.  "Urrun, the smell is nice.  We can look there next.  But, we have to worry about safety first.  Let's make sure we don't have any cultists or demons around.  Then we can explore a little bit."
Urrun
 player, 281 posts
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 01:41
Re: Temple Hill
OK
Narrator
 GM, 7569 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:17
Re: Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 394):

Given the steepness, DX rolls please.

Dead leaves of brilliant coolor cover the ground.

Backing tbe cinnamon scent, there is a faint aroma of woodsmoke.
Goran the Marked
 player, 233 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:36
Re: Temple Hill
As Goran marches up the hill, he is too busy talking and looking around to pay attention to where he is putting his feet.