Temple Hill.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6556 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 12:19
Temple Hill
Continuing from A Matter of Concern for the Hadereum

Goran confronts the Priestess of Flora.

Hograth and Urrun have just exited the Flora/Janus
temple complex to the lower level of the tunnels, and
are opposite an unlocked gate.
Goran the Marked
 player, 145 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 15:47
Temple Hill
Goran has shrugged off the Priestess' spell, and should be engaging with her by now...?
Flora priestess
 NPC, 10 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 21:43
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 2):

Shocked that her attempt to seduce Goran into madness has failed as he prepares to strike,the Priestess looks at first stunned, then touches her forehead and begins to laugh, her eyes wide and wild.



She is not resisting.  Swing away.
Goran the Marked
 player, 146 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 22:13
Temple Hill
Goran smites the priestess with his Morning Star, although it is not a mighty one.  Apparently the tingling she caused during the cast of her spell somehow affected him.  Or, somehow Hors was prevented from guiding his hand.  The evil of the woman was probably to blame.  With menace, Goran grits his teeth, and feels the scar on his face pull, ever so slightly.
Flora priestess
 NPC, 11 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 23:56
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 4):

Bloodied as she is, she continues laughing as her eyes roll back, even as you ready your next swing.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 338 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 04:10
Temple Hill
In reply to Flora priestess (msg # 5):

Hograth pursues the escaped demon, crossbow ready with a silver bolt as he goes.
Narrator
 GM, 6565 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 15:58
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 6):

You don't immediately see the demon. What do you both do?
Goran the Marked
 player, 147 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 17:20
Temple Hill
Goran continues his assault on the priestess.  This time, he doesn't bother speaking.  The woman was obviously mad to be laughing hysterically in the face of her demise.

In fact, her crazed reaction only strengthened his resolve on the matter.  A person of normal temperament would react nothing like this.  Only someone who wholeheartedly believed in a bastard religion would react in such an insane matter.  No one in their right mind would accept demonic copulation without subversive manipulation.

With renewed conviction, Goran strikes her true, in a manner consistent with his expectations.  Hors was with him!
Flora priestess
 NPC, 12 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:19
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 8):

Coughing up blood, she continues laughing and trembling, apparently in the
grips of whatever bizarre ecstacy she tried to infect you with.






Urrun, Hograth, how about some perception rolls?

This message was last edited by the player at 01:52, Wed 10 June.

Goran the Marked
 player, 148 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:41
Temple Hill
Goran looks at the priestess, battered and dying from her wounds.  She did not deserve to live, infected as she was with the madness of an evil religion.  However, she had information that was valuable, and Goran felt that he could easily handle whatever she might throw at him.  She had failed miserably to affect him with her weak manipulation attempts.  With not a moment of hesitation, he puts away his morning star and kneels next to her on the ground.
Urrun
 player, 211 posts
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:55
Temple Hill
Urrun is watching Hograth's back and sees nothing, hears nothing and smells nothing.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 339 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 05:46
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 11):

Hograth also tries to detect the thing, or where it went...
Narrator
 GM, 6587 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 20:09
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 12):

As Urrun got a snootful of dust, and is now noisily sneezing, Hograth spots a bit of ichor on the pavement, and a few drops heading past the opposite gate into the other temple.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 340 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 05:23
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 13):

"It seems to have gone this way..." Hograth said, looking up to check the thing was not actually above them, nor could it be. He headed off, following the thing cautious of any ambush from sides, below or above.
Narrator
 GM, 6606 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 14:03
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 14):

The gate creaks softly, and you enter the space beyond. You can hear the chanting you heard before, although the goat is no longer bleating.
Urrun
 player, 212 posts
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 18:34
Temple Hill
Urrun follows quietly
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 341 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 00:25
Temple Hill
In reply to Urrun (msg # 16):

Hograth also tries to keep the noise down as he follows...keeping an eye out for demonic trouble.
Goran the Marked
 player, 149 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 15:24
Temple Hill
OOC No update on Goran's actions, but I expect they might be a bit longer too.  This was more intended to note I was through and checked the status of the thread.  :)
Narrator
 GM, 6612 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:06
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 18):

Goran is standing over a badly wounded, laughing woman.

Hograth spots a blood trail heading to an alcove where robes hang. To his right are a crowd of robed worshipers in front of a marble statue of a handsome young man holding arrows and leading a goat, illuminated by red lamps painted to resemble lava.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:53, Wed 10 June.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 342 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:51
Temple Hill
In reply to Narrator (msg # 19):

Hograth will move over to investigate...
Goran the Marked
 player, 150 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 21:04
Temple Hill
Goran stands over the woman, weapon in hand.  She is dying, but still awake enough to answer questions.  Calmly, and evenly, with the voice of an inquisitor, Goran asks his questions.

"Who among the Hadereum is involved with your cult?  And who else is involved?"
Flora priestess
 NPC, 13 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 21:44
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 21):

"The Hadereum? Hah! They know nothing! Those fools still believe in an afterlife!"
Narrator
 GM, 6616 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 21:46
Temple Hill
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 20):

There's a slight pooling of ichor, then a few drops leading into the crowd.
Goran the Marked
 player, 151 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 22:39
Temple Hill
Goran finds himself gratified that the administration was clean.  Still, he pushes on.  "Who else guides these ceremonies?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 343 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 07:16
Temple Hill
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 24):

Hograth curses under his breath, before calling out

"A cursed Demon has come here to hide amoung you until he can unleash the evil he has within him. He is injured from fighting us: give him up so we can rid you of this evil!"