Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Narrator
 GM, 6694 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:33
Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini and several others reconvene at the guild to evaluate their booty and discuss strategy for meeting the Hadereum's goal.
Grimaldi
 player, 482 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 06:30
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 1):
Grimaldi sits a small distance away from the others, listening and watching intently.
Sederic
 player, 311 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 08:17
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 2):

Sedaric enters the guild with Grimaldi, but approaches Mancini as he enters.

"Hey there. Hear of any work?"
Aoife
 player, 609 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 08:18
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 3):

Aoife, significantly smaller than most, stays hidden behind her larger companions...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1278 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 09:07
Hunting for a specialty shop
"So, once we take on the new help we need -- and I'm with Oly, in preferring it not be Ludlow -- how exactly would we go about finding a shop that's never in the same place twice, without a demon hunter's senses?"

Ardenas creases his brow for a moment, trying to recall if he's had his bowl of hot brown for the day, then shakes his head, grabs a bowl, and gets in line.
Aoife
 player, 611 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 10:09
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 5):

Aoife takes her tiny bowl and joins him. Half now, half later, she figures, will be plenty.
Narrator
 GM, 6698 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 12:53
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 6):

An assortment of scurrilous characters areabout, including the star spangled Ludlow the mage... There are also two armed figures who greeted Mancini as he entered.
Oly
 player, 1134 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 14:55
Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly keeps quiet, gets his bowl and sits with Ardenas and Aoife.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1280 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 22:01
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas looks up from picking the rare bits of meat out of the stew (to be charitable), to see who's talking to Mancini -- he'd seen no one familiar except Ludlow.
Grimaldi
 player, 484 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 23:40
Hunting for a specialty shop
"We just happen to be between jobs...So, why don't you tell us about your situation?" Grimaldi said casually, and placed his fingertips together.
Sederic
 player, 313 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 07:35
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 10):

Sederic will approach Ludlow, clearly a mage, and ask him about the ancient coins, and where they might be obtained...
Mancini
 player, 256 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 15:04
Hunting for a specialty shop
After a short rest, Mancini made his way down to discuss guild matters related to the the Haedereum job. It bothered him that Kalima had been banished... She had grown on him like a fungus, and in the process, seemed to help unlock certain unexamined abilities in him.

As he entered two individuals asked Mancini about work. "There is always work at the Guild. Just keep your mouth shut and your ears open to find it", he replies , before finding his way to Ludlow and the other assorted associates.

When he sees Ludlow Mancini's face sours briefly before turning unreadable once again. "Long time, no see, my friend."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1281 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 23:14
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas continues dividing his attention between Mancini, now talking to Ludlow, and his bowl.

"This would be easier if they'd either put more meat in this stuff, or less.  A little less and I could just eat it with a pretty clear conscience.  A little more and I'd just find something else, or be sure to show up when the porridge is up."

He looks at the tiny pile of tiny meat bits beside his bowl.

"I never should have let Master Rethki talk me into becoming vegetarian."

Oly
 player, 1135 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 23:55
Hunting for a specialty shop
All da mead juziz iz already in da zupe, zo ju' ead 'em doo.
Grimaldi
 player, 485 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 02:06
Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi looks at Sederic and looks back at the other group, slightly amused at the brush-off. "Let's just sit back and see what sort of fools they fall in with. Maybe they'll end up like Broderick and company.." Grimaldi folded his arms, and leaned back in his chair.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:08, Wed 28 Aug 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1282 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 09:10
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Fortunately for my appetite, the vow I took isn't so restrictive.  I vowed not to eat meat.  And because I foresaw problems, I negotiated the vow not to forbid eating hidden meat, or meat I can't see.  Other animal products, like milk, cheese, and eggs, not included.  Fish is a gray area, but I wasn't a big fish fan anyway.

"Master Rethki said it would help with my magic, but now I think it was just an elf's version of a practical joke.

"Master Albrecht never said anything about diet, other than constantly harping about balancing something he called 'carbs' against fats and 'protina' -- I never did get the explanation of what 'carbs' and 'protina' were, but there was a list of foods that provide each, and meat was on the 'protina' side.  Lots of other stuff, too, though -- eggs, dairy, beans, nuts.  So, as long as I get a chunk of cheese, a couple eggs, or a bowl full of beans of some kind every day, lack of meat won't weaken me.

"And this hot brown has just enough to leave the taste, so every day I get my bowl and pick out the meat bits.

"You want these?"

Oly
 player, 1136 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 16:58
Hunting for a specialty shop
Zure, food iz alayzz welcome.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1283 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 22:44
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas pushes the little pile of meat bits into his spoon and holds them out.  "In the bowl, or on the side?"
Oly
 player, 1137 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 22:55
Hunting for a specialty shop
In da bowl iz gud, dankz
Ludlow the Munificent
 NPC, 126 posts
 dangerous dabbler
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 03:10
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 11):

The distractable mage looks up from the spread of colorful cards in front of him.
"The primary thing which I know about coins, is that I require more of them to be entering my purse than departing. A situation that would encourage this circumstance is highly desireable, but I fear, not in the cards for me today... although the Devil seems to be."
Grimaldi
 player, 488 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 06:54
Hunting for a specialty shop
02:49, Today: Grimaldi rolled 9 using 3d6.  area knowledge  14 (northport).
Grimaldi has an idea where a few money-changers, may have some knowledge about the currency's usage, and era it's from.
"Hmmm..."
Sederic
 player, 315 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 07:17
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 21):

"Well, that is something...should we go ask?"
Aoife
 player, 613 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 07:18
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 22):

Noting the strange coins the other arrivals were flashing around, Aoife wanders over and hops up on a seat.

"I may have an idea where those coins came from...a shop I am actually looking for."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1285 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 09:01
Hunting for a specialty shop
Quickly swallowing a bite of hot brown, Ardenas perks up.

"Coins?  From the shop?"

Aoife
 player, 615 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 10:17
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 24):

"It is a possibility. They have all sorts of odd things...some very ancient."
Grimaldi
 player, 489 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 11:41
Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC: nobody actually possesses any of said coins, Grimaldi and Sederic saw them in Martin's possession, down at the abbatoir... Grimaldi got a good enough look at them though, to compare them to some research he'd done...
"I'd suggest going down to the abbatoir, and talking to Martin, if you'd like a look at them... I think they may be elder script, but without proper reference materials, I cannay be for certain... I know who and where there seems to be a source of them, however... and from all accounts, there's some peril involved... But what is this shop, you speak of? Sounds like my kind of place..."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:52, Thu 29 Aug 2019.

Aoife
 player, 616 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 20:16
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 26):

"You like demons? This shop is a front for demons and those who encourage their activities...where is the source of these coins? And what do you know of it?"
Grimaldi
 player, 490 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 21:55
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I dinnay care for demons so much, but odd and ancient items and artifacts interest me.. As to the coins, they were brought in by some red-skinned goblins that had strange auras and scars on their heads, as if they had been experimented upon. They have some sort of enclave down below, with a secret door, and a strange key that opens it.. Apparently, from accounts given us by the rope guild, they have some pretty dangerous magic at their disposal. I think they may be minions of something far more sinister than working in maintenance...maybe a dark one."
Grimaldi responded to the leprechaun, casually.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1287 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 22:39
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas picks up his bowl and comes over to where Aoife and the other two are talking.

"Red goblins?  I seem to recall Oly and me running across a couple of those, along with someone I remember as an elf, a few weeks ago when we were working with Mythos Songau.  They were sculpting some black sand into columns and then the taller fellow did something magical and the stuff hardened.  Seemed as if they were reinforcing the tunnel in that area.

"Don't recall exactly where this was, but it was fairly close to the new lift platform Mythos built down there."

Oly
 player, 1138 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 22:41
Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly follows quietly
Aoife
 player, 617 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 11:43
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 28):

"Would you care to show us the area? Is it possible this demon shop and these goblins are connected?"
Grimaldi
 player, 491 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 12:11
Hunting for a specialty shop
08:06, Today: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  loner 12 or less. just passed..
Grimaldi hesitated a moment, and grunted audibly.
"I suppose I could...But I'm looking for work, and spectacles *Mancini* over there, doesn't seem so keen on sharing any news...So why should I help your group? I'll tell you this much though, I don't think they are related, but two separate phenomena."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:13, Fri 30 Aug 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6728 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 17:22
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 32):

Mancini can check to see what he knows about these two with an Area Knowledge: Guild roll.
Mancini
 player, 257 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 22:25
Hunting for a specialty shop
In between bites of his salad lightly dressed with vinegar and olive oil, something much better than the mysterious bowl of hot brown they served most of the Guild members, Mancini looks up and sees his crew conversing with the same two who had tried to interrupt him on the way to his meeting.

He leaned over to another member and ,after nonchalantly pointing at Sederic and Grimildi whispered, "What's the deal with those two? They seem useful pawns enough if you ply them with steady work, but can they be trusted?"

(Ooc: Today: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  Current Affairs (Guild)- 15. Roll passes.)
Narrator
 GM, 6742 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 19:00
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 34):

They seem reasonably reliable, they walked out on the late Broderick Liebert, but not during the expedition that left only a hired mage as a survivor. They avoid the more disreputable members of the guild, and recently did some simple guard work for Ashbury. Both are fighting spellcasters, and one has an apparently cursed sword that dances.
Mancini
 player, 258 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 00:32
Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini quietly asks Norman to properly bring the two gentlemen over so they can be introduced. He hoped to get a better sense of the two men before offering the job, since all Ludlow seemed to do was whine about "having to clean up his spellroom" or some such nonsense.
Sederic
 player, 316 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 07:44
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 36):

Sederic notices Mancini looking over at them and approaches him.

"Sederic at your service. Spell-sword extraordinaire, looking for work, and have an interest in ancient coins we saw on some goblins that did not look right..."
Grimaldi
 player, 492 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 14:11
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I am Grimaldi...I hear you're searching for an illicit shoppe of sorts."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1293 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 14:40
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Among other things, but this is what we're currently under contract to do, yes.  Likely to involve a need for Seeker or similar location finding magic, detection, and something that can incapacitate spellcasters."

Ardenas lifts his bowl to push the last of the hot brown into his mouth, then drops the bowl and spoon back on the table.  he chews and swallows.

"I'm not used to seeing very competent spellcasters with armor and swords -- I would have expected the lack of specialization to be a limiting factor."
Grimaldi
 player, 493 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 15:04
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I can cast seek,secrets are revealed to me, and I can also sense magic, and auras.. and sense and turn spirits...Could be, that I could be of service."
Grimaldi replied, casually.
"I'm a fair swordsman, and I rely on finesse, to win the day. I have many useful elemental spells. Spells useful for adventuring above and below ground,defensive spells, and more..
I know some about the undead. I know my way around the city, and I know how to get along in high society, and if the group needs to move discreetly, I can stealth along, or independently as needed.."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:18, Sat 07 Sept 2019.

Sederic
 player, 317 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 22:12
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 39):

"My magic is to enhance my skill with my sword. Nothing incapacitates spellcasters more than being cut up...and I can move fast to do that!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1294 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 11:16
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Well, um, Sederic, was it?  Simply cutting up the spellcaster may not accomplish our goals; the Hadereum wants him alive for questioning.  They believe he may be protected from interrogating his spirit after death.

"However, I am confident of my ability to render him unconscious without killing, if I am protected from things I cannot parry or dodge long enough to get close.

"It is also possible the one we seek is actually a demon of sorts, and killing his body on this plane may simply banish his spirit back to his home dimension until one of his minions is able to summon him back.  As such, he is likely to be resistant or immune to damage done by common weapons."


Ardenas lays a silver knuckleduster on the table.

"Sederic, I understand your sword is magical?  What about you, Grimaldi?"
Sederic
 player, 318 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 11:34
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 42):

"Hmmm. My sword is magical, and I am yet to meet something it does not harm. But not killing it is rather a...complication. Perhaps my best use is to deal with any allies he might have then. I am not big on the whole capturing demons idea though."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1296 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 11:57
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Nor am I, but there is a significant payment increment for capturing the target alive, vs. killing him."
Grimaldi
 player, 494 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 14:37
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 42):
"Nay, I do not possess any special weaponry, yet.. I can cause my sword to blaze with flames, and I have some nasty lightning spells. Demons aren't my forte', but any minions shouldn't be a problem for what I can deal out.. Most things that cross us tend to wind up dead. I'd hate for Sederic and I to be considered liabilities on your little endeavor here, but fair warning...Money is always a great motivator for overcoming our bloodlust."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:38, Sun 08 Sept 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1297 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 08:54
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Flaming sword, lightning.  That should cover what's needed.

"Seems like we need to convince Mancini we'd rather have the two of you than Ludlow.  I won't fault his power, but I just don't trust the guy.  He seems accident prone."

Sederic
 player, 319 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 09:00
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 46):

"That sounds like something you need to do..."
Oly
 player, 1144 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 22:20
Hunting for a specialty shop
God my vode ifn' ye need id
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1299 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 10 Sep 2019
at 22:35
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Follow me, Oly.  You two, stay here for a moment."

Ardenas moves over to Mancini, lowers his voice and leans close to one ear.

"Listen, I think we can do better.  These two guys have magic and weapons -- one has magical weapons!  Ludlow's too well known, too -- a half-blind idiot could spot that hair."
Grimaldi
 player, 495 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 08:32
Hunting for a specialty shop
The aloof Grimaldi, reclines in his chair.
Sederic
 player, 320 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 10:26
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 50):

Sederic sits back with his friend and says nothing.
Mancini
 player, 260 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 09:18
Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini sighs. He leans back and whispers so that only Ardenas can hear him.

"It seems Ludlow has decided not to honor our agreement. That will have to be with later. For now, and it being on such short notice, I am not disinclined to using the two spellswords. However, I did kind of want to see how they fought in mock combat. I never buy a cow without sampling the milk."
Ludlow the Munificent
 NPC, 126 posts
 dangerous dabbler
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 20:22
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 52):

Ludlow is easily  distracted and forgetful, and seems obsessivelt engrossed in reading his own fortune.

"The five of pentacles, opportunity missed, I wonder what that means..."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:22, Fri 13 Sept 2019.

Sederic
 player, 321 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 21:51
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ludlow the Munificent (msg # 53):

"That probably means you have screwed up, and are so busy reading that bullshit that you missed your chance to do something important..." Sederic comments idly.
Grimaldi
 player, 496 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 22:40
Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi smiled, amusedly.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1302 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 23:15
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Well, if it comes to that, I'd suggest you ask them.  I don't know swordplay well enough to judge, but there are certainly those around who do."
Mancini
 player, 262 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 08:05
Hunting for a specialty shop
" I was going to ask Norman to put them through a trial, and report back to me his impressions."

He looks around for a second, and not immediately seeing his favorite guard, comments, "Say, have you seen him? Usually, I can spot him, even in disguise, but I haven't seen him since we left the cultists second lair..."
Norman
 player, 16 posts
 Guard
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 15:23
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 57):

Norman steps out of the kitchen, a bowl of hot brown in his hands.
He looks at the others, "What?"



[Private to Mancini: you can always direct him]

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:17, Mon 16 Sept 2019.

Mancini
 player, 263 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 21:09
Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini smiles briefly when he sees Norman. "I was afraid something had happened to you, buddy. Especially with all these crazy cultists running about Northport."

He quietly informs Norman of his idea of testing Sederic and Grimildi in mock combat before accepting them in the group. "What do you think? Or do you know of a better way of testing the two? I just don't want myself or anyone else killed by these cultists and their dark desire," he said so that only Norman and Adrenas could hear.
Norman
 player, 17 posts
 Guard
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 16:24
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 59):

To speed the plot along:

Norman escorts both men down to the arena, where they spar for several minutes, and then return.

He tilts his head first toward Grimaldi, and then a little later to Sederic.
"This guy is as good as I am. The one with the fancy sword is better. I have no idea how to gauge their spellcasting, but I guess they would be middle range, as neither has any guild standing beyond 'No Hassles'."
Mancini
 player, 264 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 09:37
Hunting for a specialty shop
He turns to Adrenas. "Since Norman has vouched for their fighting abilities, and anyone has got to be better magically than Ludlow, they have the job. Gather the rest of the crew and let's meet in my apartment. We need to plot out how get into this demonic bookstore."

With that, Mancini gets up and goes to tidies up his apartment. He wanted as few ears as possible.hearing their next steps.
Aoife
 player, 625 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 10:41
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 61):

"Now we are talking! Someone to chop up some demons who can't be banished! You guys are from this dimension, are you not?"
Sederic
 player, 322 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 10:44
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 62):

Sederic gives a start, obviously not having noticed the small Leprechaun.

"Well then, little one. You have something to chop up, I am your man! Lead the way...no, I am pretty sure I was born here. Say, do all Leprechauns have a pot of..."

The sudden glare from the smaller creatures ends that sentence right there.
Grimaldi
 player, 497 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 13:47
Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi watches the exchange between the leprechaun and the half-elf.
"If La Petite has a pot of gold mon frère, it's at the end of a rainbow. Ha ha ha!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 13:48, Tue 17 Sept 2019.

Aoife
 player, 626 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 20:25
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 64):

Aoife's disposition very quickly becomes noticeably dark and angry.

"Keep going with that train of thought and all you will get are storm clouds, including the lightning. And no I DO NOT have any pot of gold or I would not be looking at working for stupid humans!"
Grimaldi
 player, 498 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 21:08
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Yeah? Raspberries to you too, then."
Grimaldi snickered.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1305 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 22:38
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Now, let's not start off on the wrong foot, here.  Aoife is a powerful mage, and the only time her height matters is when she needs to reach something on a high shelf -- and I'm pretty sure she has magic to solve that problem.

"In fact, I think the only one among us without some sort of magical ability, now, is Norman.  Not sure what Mancini's thing is -- I didn't think he was a priest, but I saw him cast an exorcism not long ago.  You two both have some magic, and I have just a little bit of Movement college -- not really my forte, but Master Albrecht said I should get trained once he detected I had the talent."
  He looks around suddenly, almost as if startled.

"Wait, then there's Oly.  But it's almost magical the way he can sneak around."
Mancini
 player, 265 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 01:22
Hunting for a specialty shop
At the appropriate time, Mancini directs Norman to gather up the crew to discuss how to go about the task they were asked to do by the Haedereum.

"Oh Happy day, a-demon hunting we will go", Mancini mutters to himself as if a mantra.
Narrator
 GM, 6816 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 14:00
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 68):

Those who can, make current events rolls...
Mancini
 player, 266 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 16:23
Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini makes his roll.

12:22, Today: Mancini rolled 12 using 3d6.  Current Affairs (Guild)- 15.
Oly
 player, 1145 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 21:18
Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly looked to be thinking ...



[Private to GM: Made my Area Knowledge Shevnia [13] , but don't have current events and didn't get low enough for IQ -5]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1308 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 22:35
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas has been quite busy lately, going from the aborted orc-goblin war, to a zombie outbreak in Little Sahud, to demon hunting with Kalima, and hasn't had time to catch up on the less personal news.

[Private to GM: 18:33, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  Current Events (IQ-5 = 6).]
Sederic
 player, 323 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 22:44
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 72):

Sederic has been underground...current affairs are not something he considers important.
Aoife
 player, 627 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 22:45
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 73):

Aoife has her own concerns, like avoiding pot-of-gold seekers and killing demons. The rest of the world she cares much less about...
Grimaldi
 player, 499 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 23:11
Hunting for a specialty shop
19:10, Today: Grimaldi rolled 10 using 3d6.  area knowledge northport -2 (default) 12 or less. Grimaldi has heard some things..
Narrator
 GM, 6821 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:30
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 75):

A few of you have heard about encounters with an unusual magic shop that could be found by following a path of occult graffiti...
Aoife
 player, 628 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:31
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 76):

"Time to start checking out the graffiti..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1309 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 21:30
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Hmm.  I've seen graffiti last months.  I guess we need to look for only the freshest."
Grimaldi
 player, 500 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 21:37
Hunting for a specialty shop
17:35, Today: Grimaldi rolled 7 using 3d6.  Area Knowledge 1 14 (Northport) likely areas to be used for graffiti trails.
"Aye, and I have a few ideas, just where to start looking.."
Narrator
 GM, 6825 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Sep 2019
at 21:07
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 75):

You find your first bit of graffiti... chalked on the pavers of the road.

IF YOU ARE WILLING

           THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY

                WHY WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW

                     PROSPER TODAY


AS ABOVE

SO BELOW

Grimaldi
 player, 501 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 24 Sep 2019
at 21:19
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Looks like some sort of riddle... I wonder if they appear in the undercity, as well..." Grimaldi examines the grafitti, and the area..
17:19, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1310 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 24 Sep 2019
at 22:49
Hunting for a specialty shop
"As above, so below?  That sounds like something Tripartite.  Not sure how that connects with a wandering shop."
Grimaldi
 player, 502 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 24 Sep 2019
at 23:34
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Hmm... perhaps. It seems to dismiss that which the tripartite god forbids, in order to reap the rewards of quick and easy power... Such is the path of those who deal with demons, and at great cost. It is such as these fools, the shop wants to find, so they become unwittingly or otherwise...Agents of chaos."
Oly
 player, 1146 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 02:25
Hunting for a specialty shop
Nod much aboud how do do dad dough ... juzd a deazer
Aoife
 player, 629 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 07:37
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 84):

"Yes. Why worry about tomorrow, which is eternal damnation for demon lovers, in order to get the benefits now. A typical demonic statement of forgetting about the consequences. As above, so below. City above, city below. We need to find an undercity."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1311 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 09:05
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Northport's riddled with ways down -- from the Guild hall directly, and seemingly from half the basements around.  Got a particular one in mind?"
Aoife
 player, 630 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 09:21
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 86):

"Which one is least watched?"
Grimaldi
 player, 503 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 17:26
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Sederic and I accessed the undercity through the abottoir, easily enough..."
Aoife
 player, 631 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 20:03
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 88):

"Lead the way then..."
Grimaldi
 player, 504 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 20:36
Hunting for a specialty shop
If after his examination of the area turns up no more graffiti, he will head back toward's Ashbury's place.
Narrator
 GM, 6835 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 21:26
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 81):

Grimaldi sees another bit of grafitti, thistime in charcoal on a whitewashed wall, that has one phrase, another appears on a nearby building:

WHY SWEAT
           WHY CRY
             WHY BLEED


      NO ONE LISTENS

WE HAVE WHAT YOU NEED

Grimaldi
 player, 505 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 21:30
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Hmm.. there's more here. Let us not be hasty, and leave the area yet.. I feel we are close!" Grimaldi will approach the wall, in question...

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Wed 25 Sept 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1312 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 22:53
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas follows Grimaldi, looking around for anywhere he recalls having an undercity entrance, or anything that looks out of place.

"That certainly looks aimed to attract the down and out."
Grimaldi
 player, 506 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 00:31
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 93):
"Or those who would neglect and forgo their arcane studies, for the allure of quick power..."

Narrator
 GM, 6836 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 12:40
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 94):

Once again, there is chalking on pavement heading around the block and into an alley.

NEED SOMETHING?

          JUST ASK

NO CONTRACTS

          JUST A TASK

Grimaldi
 player, 507 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 16:14
Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi spots the new graffiti.
"So... That's what they're doing.. They use customers as their agents of choas. I wonder how many "Faustsians", as it were, they have roaming the city.."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1313 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 21:45
Hunting for a specialty shop
"So, scratch their backs and they'll scratch yours?  Wish things were that easy without involving demons."
Grimaldi
 player, 508 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 23:58
Hunting for a specialty shop
"See, that's just the thing.. Endeavors of this particular nature, usually involve contracts. There must be some dangerous trick of sorts, even accepting doing a task for these kind. So, who's volunteering to do their task? I'd like to keep my soul, merci beaucoup!"
Grimaldi smiled wryly within his cowl.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1314 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 27 Sep 2019
at 08:45
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Maybe they've found a way to enforce a verbal contract?  My dad used to say a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on, but if you have the power of the demon realms behind you, maybe it's enforceable."
Grimaldi
 player, 509 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 27 Sep 2019
at 18:11
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Don't accept any gifts, and don't read any texts aloud..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1315 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 27 Sep 2019
at 22:29
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I wonder how much my limited magical ability would -- oh, wait, if they've made it like a spell scroll, anyone with any kind of magical talent can cast it, as long as they can read it.  And I recall Master Rethki talking about demon summoning being far easier than it ought to be.

"He said it was probably because the demons have done everything possible in their own realm to prepare the way."

Narrator
 GM, 6843 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 01:48
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 101):

anyone with demon lore, make a roll. Occultism at -4 will serve also.
Grimaldi
 player, 510 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 02:58
Hunting for a specialty shop
22:38, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  research -4 ~ 14 = 10 or less.
"Demons are not my area of expertise. Undead are what I have knowledge of...Just be careful. They are the master of lies and deciept, is all I know for certain."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:55, Sat 28 Sept 2019.

Mancini
 player, 267 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 07:11
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Perhaps, I should go in, along with Sederic and Grimildi. By now,they would have heard about my nascent magic abilities. If I play my cards right, we can have them thinking I am a corrupt Guild leader taking some short cuts to the top. Sederic and Grimildi will be my hired goons."

He pauses for a second. "We definitely need to even the score if there is a demon in the mix. While we deal with the shop, I suggest we find some items to get Kalima back to this realm. Aoife, you still have that silk Kalima wanted on order? Also check out the area near the Temple Hill to see if anyone is worshipping Kalima's panthenon."

Mancini grabbed a pear from his napsack,and between bites asked for thoughts to his budding plan.

(Ooc: Strategy 13 roll passes. Area knowledge NP 15 roll passes.)
Grimaldi
 player, 511 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 08:38
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Unless they scry heavily for security... That might work. In the fact, the whole outfit, could be run by kids and amateurs, as these things often turn out."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:39, Sat 28 Sept 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1316 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 21:43
Hunting for a specialty shop
"So, you, Grimaldi, and Sederic follow the clues to try to find the shop, while Aoife and I -- and Oly? -- look for items to help bring Kalima back and cults that might be willing and able to summon her?"

[Private to GM: 17:40, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 14 using 3d6.  Occultism (10-4=6) re ease of demon summoning.]
Mancini
 player, 268 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 22:06
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Yes, exactly. Though I will give you Norman to help you, since I think Norman's fighting skills might be a complement to you guys."
Oly
 player, 1147 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 00:14
Hunting for a specialty shop
Maybe I zhould go wid da demon hunderz ... sneaky iz uzeful .
Aoife
 player, 632 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 20:23
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 104):

"I do still have the scarf. There are magical ways of enforcing contracts, such as the oath spell, which I bet they use. You don't need me to be able to call for backup?"
Sederic
 player, 324 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 20:24
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 109):

"Sounds good to me...ready to go here!"
Grimaldi
 player, 512 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 20:54
Hunting for a specialty shop
"What exactly is the plan, when we find them? Are we to slay them, and ransack the place and burn it? Plant Something there??"
Grimaldi asks, barely above a whisper.
Narrator
 GM, 6851 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 23:32
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 104):

Who is checking the tent vendors near the south end of temple hill?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1317 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 09:06
Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC: I think that was being combined with seeking items to link to Kalima.
Narrator
 GM, 6852 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 19:39
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 113):

Yes, those two items were bound. So far, we have picked up the dress, and what other items have been settled on?

She wore: red coral bracelets
          Garlands of marigolds
She has: four arms, three eyes, flames for hair, rushes, a spear.
Aoife
 player, 633 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 21:03
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 114):

Are there any statues of one such as her, or any of her followers? Did she drop anything when she left?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1318 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 22:16
Hunting for a specialty shop
"We might be able to gather marigolds, or buy them from a florist.  Coral can sometimes be found in jewelers' shops, perhaps more likely near the docks.  It wouldn't surprise me if we find figurines of Kalima or Kali near Temple Hill."
Grimaldi
 player, 513 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 1 Oct 2019
at 21:24
Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi shrugs and glances at Sederic.
"Hopefully, it's still here, when they decide what they're doing, or just what they're looking for.. C'mon."

He follows the others at some distance and slower pace.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:25, Tue 01 Oct 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6858 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 22:08
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 116):

make a scrounging roll over by the trinket sellers by temple hill.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1319 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 22:50
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Weren't you two going with Mancini to try to find the shop while the rest of us look for things that will help bring Kalima back?"

[Private to GM: 18:48, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Scrounging (default = 6) to find trinkets related to Kalima.]
Sederic
 player, 325 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 02:27
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 119):

That was my understanding, and Sederic will act accordingly.
Oly
 player, 1148 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 02:46
Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly sees nothing...



[Private to GM:  19:45, Today: Oly rolled 15 using 3d6.  Scrounging.]
Molaram
 NPC, 1 post
 Obscure priest
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 17:51
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 119):

One of the tent shop vendors has a number of brass figurines that resemble Kalima, with miniature necklaces of skulls and a belt of arms. He is very enthusiastic about your interest.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1320 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 21:53
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas examines the figures.

"Is this Mother Kali?"  He looks closely at the face, searching for a resemblance.
Mancini
 player, 269 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 00:44
Hunting for a specialty shop
"The best strategy would be to mostly survail the place until we are sure the others have the necessary items. Then, once Kalima is brought back into our realm, attack and destroy the shop, and bring back the owner to the Haedereum to get our paychecks."
Grimaldi
 player, 514 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 01:03
Hunting for a specialty shop
"This sounds like it could take awhile. Why don't we make ourselves look inconspicuous, and find somewhere we can stake-out this spot?..."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:05, Fri 04 Oct 2019.

Sederic
 player, 326 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 02:22
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 125):

"Or act as interested customers..."
Mancini
 player, 270 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 07:18
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I was thinking of being interested consumers. I'm thinking we can maybe draw out some useful information.... Merchants will tell you their life stories if they think it will make them the sale."
Grimaldi
 player, 515 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 08:04
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I am curious about this shop... Though the entire inventory is cursed, no doubt. I certainly wouldn't take any trophies... Greed in the face of such foes, is a mortal folly they rely upon, all to well..."
Molaram
 NPC, 2 posts
 Obscure priest
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 20:36
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 123):

"You know of Her? Our lady of Death, the Slayer of Demons, Savior of the New be Million Gods?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1321 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 21:14
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I am more familiar with Kalima.  In fact, I've spoken and hunted demons with her recently, in the flesh."
Aoife
 player, 634 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 22:28
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Molaram (msg # 129):

"Yes, Kalima was a friend of ours. I went shopping with her as well."
Molaram
 NPC, 3 posts
 Obscure priest
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 13:42
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 131):

" Surely you do not mean Mother Kali... Perhaps a child of one of her avatars?"
Aoife
 player, 635 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 19:30
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Molaram (msg # 132):

"Perhaps, but the resemblance was striking. Her name was Kalima."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1322 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 22:07
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Three eyes, flames for hair, four arms, carried a spear, and had a distinct taste for demon hearts, but I don't recall the skirt of arms.  When we met her, she was dressed for much warmer weather.

"I think I recall her saying she was a descendant or relative of Mother Kali."

Molaram
 NPC, 4 posts
 Obscure priest
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 12:37
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 134):

"She sounds wonderful, and definitely a relation. I can sell this to you for $50, but tell me why you have need of it. Any service I can render to Kali is one I desire to perform."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:03, Sat 12 Oct 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1323 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 21:25
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas looks at the figure, eyes narrowed, then digs a franc out of his pouch.  "She disappeared in the middle of a fight with a sorcerer who used stones to cast spells and summon demons; we think she was banished back to her home plane.  We hope to use this as part of a summoning to bring her back."

He digs in his pouch again, and brings out some coppers.
Oly
 player, 1153 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 22:17
Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly can add some silvers
Mancini
 player, 271 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 16:55
Hunting for a specialty shop
Before they left, Mancini gave Norman $100 total in various coin to aid in the procurement of items. Norman is instructed to help the others financially as he saw fit.
Molaram
 NPC, 5 posts
 Obscure priest
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 04:08
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 136):

"Tell me when you with to do this thing. I have a small circle of the faithful who would be delighted to assist in such an endeavor. This plague of demons must be brought to an end, in Mail's name."
Aoife
 player, 636 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 03:20
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Molaram (msg # 139):

"We would like to do this as soon as possible. We are just a little sketchy on the details..."
Grimaldi
 player, 517 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 05:02
Hunting for a specialty shop
"This is going to be very interesting."
Grimaldi mused, aloud.
Molaram
 NPC, 6 posts
 Obscure priest
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 05:04
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 140):

"This statue will serve as an anchor... usually there need to be several. Kalima is her name as she gave it to you? Such a working requires a great deal of energy, and my circle is willing to lend some to it. Who is to perform the ritual?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1324 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 14 Oct 2019
at 09:06
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Unless you know someone experienced, skilled, and faithful, one of our group will make the attempt.  I have seen him succeed at similar things."
Aoife
 player, 637 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 07:06
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 143):

"Kalima is the name given, and we have some items purchased for her as well..."
Molaram
 NPC, 7 posts
 Obscure priest
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 20:59
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 144):

"Tell me what you seek to use for tethers, I might have suggestions further."
Aoife
 player, 638 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:26
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Molaram (msg # 145):

"We have a silk scarf bought for her and some of her hair on a brush..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1325 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:40
Hunting for a specialty shop
"A likeness, something from her body, a gift -- we had thought perhaps a bunch of marigolds, but we are uncertain what else we might use."
Molaram
 NPC, 8 posts
 Obscure priest
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 23:44
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 147):

"Marigolds would be most effective. Might I also suggest using this poem written in our language, and extolling the thirty-one virtues of Kali?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1326 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 08:53
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas looks at the squiggles on the document.

"Do we need to be able to read it, or is its presence sufficient?"

He turns it upside down, then sideways, so the lines of writing run vertically.
Molaram
 NPC, 9 posts
 Obscure priest
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 13:38
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 149):

Do you need to read the marigolds or the statue? These things speak for themselves. Tell us where and wen, we shall be there."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1327 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 17 Oct 2019
at 08:49
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Is there a particular time of day that is most appropriate?"
Molaram
 NPC, 10 posts
 Obscure priest
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 16:51
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 151):

"I would suspect sunset to be favorable. Let me know if younwish to do this today, I will pack up my stall and gather my fellow thugees."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1328 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 22:45
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas looks up -- to gauge the position of the sun, if he can't see the cathedral clock.

"It might be better to plan for sunset tomorrow.  I'm not sure how long our other companions will need for what they're doing."

OOC: I'd guess it's fairly late in the day, given all we've done since last sleep.
Oly
 player, 1156 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sat 19 Oct 2019
at 03:05
Hunting for a specialty shop
Ledz do id diz evening. If'n id don' work, we can dry again domorrow.
Grimaldi
 player, 518 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 19 Oct 2019
at 07:14
Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi is suspicious of the priest/stall-keeper.
He watches calmly with a faint, amused smile.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 07:14, Sat 19 Oct 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1331 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 20 Oct 2019
at 22:42
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Well, if Mancini is here, then the sooner the better."
Narrator
 GM, 6931 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 21:57
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 156):

Those of you with Thaumatology can make a roll for suitable location for the ritual
Grimaldi
 player, 521 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 10:42
Hunting for a specialty shop
06:40, Today: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  thaumatology ~ 15. success by 3
Narrator
 GM, 6932 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 20:33
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 158):

Performing the ritual where she was last seen would improve the chances of returning her to this plane.
Grimaldi
 player, 522 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 02:45
Hunting for a specialty shop
"We must return to the place from whence, she was banished, for the greatest chance of successfully resummoning her, for that is where the remnant of her lingering presence remains."
Grimaldi suggested.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 05:28, Wed 23 Oct 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1332 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 09:16
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Might have known.  Would have, if I'd thought about it."

He turns to the vendor.  "Let's do this at sunset this evening, then.  Gather your people here a half hour or so before, and we'll lead you.  The place is near the docks.

"Tell them to come prepared, in case we meet others of our opposition."


He starts to turn away, then stops sharply.  "Wait, Mancini, will you need chalk or salt or something to draw the circle?"
Aoife
 player, 639 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:30
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 161):

Aoife will make sure she is fully rested before then...
Mancini
 player, 273 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 17:26
Hunting for a specialty shop
Private Message
Mancini
 player, 274 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 20:49
Hunting for a specialty shop
Having learned nothing from the stakeout, Mancini returned to the group. He learns that the other group had much more success, finding additional items for the summoning and a group of Kali followers to aid in the ritual. However, Mancini was annoyed that Grimaldi had snuck off and joined the others. He hated when others defied him.

He thought back to his learning and recalled something of use. "Chalk is useful enough. However, if we had crushed, salted demon bones it would be better."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1333 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 22:12
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Well.  I have some idea where to find powdered chalk -- don't they use it to mark the field for jugger?  Or we could just get a lump of the stuff and draw the circle with it.  But where would be find crushed, salted demon bone?"
Grimaldi
 player, 523 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 12:47
Hunting for a specialty shop
"Probably at ye friendly neighborhood Hadereum..."
Grimaldi noticed their "leader" had reasserted himself. He hoped this wasn't going to like working with Broderick.. Grimaldi leered, from within his hood.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 12:48, Fri 25 Oct 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6945 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 20:51
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 165):

Had the recently slain demons been salted, the remains would have lasted long enough to be harvested for such alchemical purposes.

Your full group is gathered, the Thuggees have brought the statuette and the scroll, as well as a goodly supply of marigolds.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1334 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 22:37
Hunting for a specialty shop
"I don't know that we have time to negotiate with the Hadereum for demon bone.  Let's see if we can quickly find some chalk in this market."
Narrator
 GM, 6950 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 01:22
Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 168):

A quantity of chalk can be got quickly
fora single copper coin.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1335 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 10:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas quickly acquires some chalk.

"This will have to do.

"Are you sure you can pull off a summoning?"

Grimaldi
 player, 524 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 12:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"What about regular salt? Salt symbolizes, solid light..."
Narrator
 GM, 6954 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 14:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 171):

Salt is good as a defensive barrier, this being is one you want to see...
Mancini
 player, 274 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 20:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After a short prayer to a goddess of knowledge he remembered from childhood, Mancini walked over to Ardenas and grabbed the chalk from him.

As if he was not fully control of his being, Mancini began to draw the shape of the pentagram, instructing the Kali followers where to place the items so they would be most helpful to the summoning. After he finished, he instructed the group where to stand and asked Norman to keep watch for them, as he would not be able to do anything else while attempting the summoning.

With everything in place, Mancini began the summoning.

12:50, Today: Mancini rolled 8 using 3d6.  Ritual Magic (IQVH att-2 +6 prep bonus)= 15-2+6=19.

(Ooc: Mancini plans on using 12 fp and burning 8 hp as fp for a total of 20 fp in contribution to the Great Kalima summoning.)

This message was last updated by the GM at 20:25, Fri 08 Nov 2019.

Molaram
 NPC, 11 posts
 Obscure priest
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 20:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 173):

The priest and his three Thuggee devotees are able to contribute 9 FP between them. Any non spellcaster participating can lend 1 FP, any spellcaster can lend up to 2.  Between Norman and the cultists,  you have  10 FP, plus whatever Aoife and Ardenas (up to 2 each) and Oly (up to 1) give, with a comfortable 15 out of 20 FP com8ng from the circle.
Grimaldi
 player, 526 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 20:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi, being a loner, and wanting to reserve his strength for security purposes, hangs back, looking on, leaning against a wall, arms folded.
15:49, Today: Grimaldi rolled 15 using 3d6.  thaumatolgy ~ 16.
He follows along, with curiosity observing the ritual, learning from the experience...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:51, Fri 08 Nov 2019.

Aoife
 player, 640 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 23:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 175):

Aoife has no objections to helping out.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1338 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 01:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas will participate fully in the ritual, gladly offering 2 fp.
Narrator
 GM, 7003 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 00:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 177):

A magic circle drawn in chalk, with a garland of marigolds, an extra-large red and orange silk sari, a statue of the goddess Kali, a blessed scroll, and a pile of demon ash, and an invocation lasting ten minutes...

.... there is a shimmer in the air, a scent of hot metal and garam marsala... and a shape of flame begins to form...
Oly
 player, 1159 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 02:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly edges closer to the door ... seems more demonic than friendly
Grimaldi
 player, 527 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 04:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
23:20, Today: Grimaldi rolled 18 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 14.
Grimaldi in trying to move silently away, blunders!
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1339 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 10:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas edges closer to the circle, watching the shape for any likeness to Kalima.
Kalima
 NPC, 59 posts
 four armed horror
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 181):

The flame forms an orangy red aura around a four armed Silhouette  that gradually begins to solidify into a familiar three eyed form.
Hair of flame, flesh of obsidian. Coral at her wrists and ankles, wreaths of marigolds around her throat, a spear poised at the ready.
Molaram
 NPC, 12 posts
 Obscure priest
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 182):

Molaram and the cultists fling themselves to the ground, their arms outstretched toward her "KALI-MA! You have answered our prayers! Lay waste upon our enemies, and guide us to the good death!"
Grimaldi
 player, 528 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 02:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi raises from a crouch, having heard the name spoken. He was a bit relieved, fearing someone or something else may have been summoned. Still, this was his first encounter with Kalima. Although he heard heard good things spoken of her, he was wary of the group.
Oly
 player, 1160 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 03:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He sighs with relief and slides back into the room ...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1340 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 10:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas falls to his knees and shouts along with Molaram and his people.  "Kalima!  You have returned!"
Mancini
 player, 275 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 15:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini, spent from performing the summoning and in shock that it worked, bows politely before the minor god. "It is nice to see you on this side of the plane, Kalima."

He waits for a second before continuing. "We have a lead on the demon shop. We would be grateful for any assistance you can lend."
Kalima
 NPC, 60 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 15:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 187):

"I am impressed that you were able to call me back to this place,
Perhaps we can make this transit a more frequent thing"



Summonable Ally at 110% of character value: base cost is 6, summonable is +100%, requires ritual is -10%
6 pts for appearance rate of 6
11 for summonable with an appearance rate of 9.
22 for appearance of 12
33 for 15.

Gathering your forces to summon her in the first place is 2 points each, I never thought you would try to get her back!
Grimaldi
 player, 529 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 15:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"We've not met before...I'm Grimaldi. Welcome back to our plane, Dame Kalima."
Grimaldi approached and joined the group. He was also impressed, as well as curious, with the whole thing.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:55, Thu 14 Nov 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1341 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 23:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I would welcome the possibility of your return in the future, as I believe would many in this room."  Ardenas gestures around at the prostrated people who came with Molaram.

OOC: I'd be very happy to spend the two points just awarded toward Kalima as a summonable ally.
Oly
 player, 1161 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 03:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly is willing to donate two as well.
Mancini
 player, 277 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 17:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini will gladly donate his two to the pot. Norman does so as well.
Grimaldi
 player, 530 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 17:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi has his own agenda, and isn't interested. saving up, for different abilities.
Kalima
 NPC, 61 posts
 four armed horror
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 03:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 193):

The others gather 6 points (waiting on Aoife) which go to Mancini.  Congrats, you have a celestial ally!
Aoife
 player, 641 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 08:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 194):

Aoife will likewise offer her points, just as she offered her energy. She holds out the items she had bought for her friend in silence.
Kalima
 NPC, 62 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 195):

Shamelessly, Kalina drops the red linen sari, and puts on the silken one. Molaram takes the old wrap, convinced that it is a relic, which it may well be, having travelled between worlds while worn by a celestial.

Kalima drapes herself in the marigolds and bows to the leprechaun in visible gratitude.
"What vrings you to summon me from my world?

<
Grimaldi
 player, 533 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 18:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi respectfully steps back, and averts his eyes.
Aoife
 player, 642 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 19:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 197):

Aoife beams at the compliment.

"It would seem that those who sent you away are trying to set up demonic shop here. Literally. We dealt with the last lot, with your help, and we wanted your assistance to finish what we started."
Mancini
 player, 279 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 19:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Mistress Kalima, we have new leads on the that demon bookstore we have been hunting
 It is worse than we feared. Apparently, they are giving out spellstones that summon demons and banish good celestials from our plane. And, of course, sowing chaos in Northport and beyond. We aim to capture the bookstore owner and question them about their demonic patrons. Kalima, we are totally overmatched. So we decided to enlist a few allies."

He shrugged. "Or what Aoife said."
Grimaldi
 player, 534 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 20:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC: is sederic still w/ us?
Kalima
 player, 63 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 21:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 200):

"They brought their shops and peddlars into my world as well, hoping to entice customers into performing favors, like copying the names or sigils of demons where they might accidentally lead to a summoning. "

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:02, Sun 17 Nov 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1344 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 23:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas nods in agreement.  "Of course, and then when enough of them are here long enough, they'll find still more ways to enter.  If that is allowed to continue, they would soon become impossible to eradicate."
Grimaldi
 player, 536 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 01:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"This is more serious than I had thought.."
Sederic
 player, 327 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 01:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 203):

Sederic is listening quietly. As a newcomer, he does not want to speak up when he is not sure, but killing demons sounds like the kind of work he was born for...
Kalima
 player, 64 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 204):

"It is very serious business,  although they treat it as something  casual. They don't necessarily look for the damnation of the customer they deal with, they seek to proliferate, and encourage jealousy for the gains of their stooge, or through tempation of ascetics  and otherwise good people."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1345 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 09:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas shakes his head.  "And it falls to us, and the few like us, to try to keep the rats in their holes, as it were."
Narrator
 GM, 7049 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 16:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 206):

Back to the search...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1347 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 22:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Mancini, you said you had a new lead?"
Grimaldi
 player, 537 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 22:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"We'll have to track down more graffiti, and another portal, most likely...
but we can check first, to make sure the one we discovered, before the ritual is still there... Then, we'll know for sure. At least now, we know how to go about it."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:50, Fri 22 Nov 2019.

Mancini
 player, 280 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 04:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I meant that we know how to track them down via the occult graffiti," Mancini replied to Ardenas.
Aoife
 player, 643 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 06:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 210):

"Right. Now we have our backup, lead on!"
Narrator
 GM, 7054 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 21:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
An observation, or per-5 roll from anyone searching; occultism rolls if successful,  grant a +1
Aoife
 player, 644 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 22:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 212):

Aoife is not that observant...she is not expecting anything.

[Private to GM: Rolled 2 over Per -5]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1348 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 23:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas keeps his eyes open, but has no real idea what he's looking for.

[Private to GM: 18:42, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 14 using 3d6.  Occultism (10) .
18:44, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 13 using 3d6.  Per-5 (=5) (for Observation, looking for demonic graffiti).
]
Grimaldi
 player, 538 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 23:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:Can I just cast see secrets, and pan the area, until the secrets reveal themselves to me?
Oly
 player, 1162 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sat 23 Nov 2019
at 00:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He spots something shortly after they start looking...


[Private to GM: 17:46, Today: Oly rolled 13 using 3d6.  Observation. Skill = 13]
Mancini
 player, 281 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 23 Nov 2019
at 03:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini looks carefully in the area for clues about the demonic graffiti. He soon finds a lead....

22:08, Today: Mancini rolled 12 using 3d6.  Observation  14
Narrator
 GM, 7061 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 15:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 217):


You note that there is a double circle drawn in chalk around the phrase "comme te voux" (as you wish) on a low brick that occassional passers by cast a glance down at. And then up at a roof beam with some scratches on it.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1349 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 23:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Once he notices the marked brick (from Mancini's and Oly's attention), Ardenas will rub his shoe heel against it while the others follow those upward glances.
Grimaldi
 player, 541 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 00:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
18:52, Today: Grimaldi rolled 7 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.
Grimaldi remains silent, but is now aware of what was spotted.
Narrator
 GM, 7072 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 16:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 220):

The faint scratches and hash marks seem to be a map of sorts, suggestions of which turns to make.
Mancini
 player, 282 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 18:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini takes out his notebook and makes a perfect rendition of the marks to serve as a map.

13:21, Today: Mancini rolled 13 using 3d6.  Cartography 14.
Narrator
 GM, 7074 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 222):

You have made an accurate transcription of what are not far from thieves marks.
Grimaldi
 player, 542 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"With Dame Kalima in tow, won't these reprobates be surprised..."
Grimaldi mused aloud, not trying to hide his glee for the carnage he assumes is coming, around the bend...
Mancini
 player, 283 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 00:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini motions for Grimaldi to lower his voice. "Who knows if these sowers of chaos have spies or other ways of listening in our realm. The whole point of our rescuing our friend was to have an ace up our sleeves. Please don't go broadcasting our hand prematurely, Grimaldi."
Grimaldi
 player, 543 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 00:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Though they may scry, in the end they shall cry."
Grimaldi replies, smugly.
Narrator
 GM, 7081 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 20:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 226):

Peering around the next corner, you see a woman sweeping in front of her stoop, and some boys throwing rocks at a bucket. The woman's  eyes go wide as the flaming aura of Kalima starts to show around the corner, and calls the children to go inside.
Grimaldi
 player, 544 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 00:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Don't be disturbed on our account, lady. We're just passing through. Look well, for it isn't everyday, one lays eyes upon a celestial. We're on a task of goodwill, so let your children play. We strive for them, as well."
Grimaldi smiled disarmingly.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:27, Sat 30 Nov 2019.

Aoife
 player, 645 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 00:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 228):

Aoife will be with Kalima and follow those better at tracking...for now.

"If anyone would prefer to take the form of an innocent bat I may be able to assist..." she offers.
Sederic
 player, 328 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 08:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 229):

"My methods are less...subtle. More along the lines of your new friend, I suspect."

He had stayed back throughout the ceremony watching in a fascinated manner, and was very curious to see the newcomer in action...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1350 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 10:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I think I prefer to keep my hands and my voice."
Grimaldi
 player, 545 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 01:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"It may be that, when they see the celestial with us, all ploys of innocence will be foiled. The demonic know their own, and they certainly know who their mortal foes are... It is hard to deceive the princes and princesses of lies."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:44, Wed 04 Dec 2019.

Aoife
 player, 646 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 08:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 232):

"Actually, I was thinking of the shape change for a scout, not to deceive anyone..."
Kalima
 player, 65 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 19:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 233):

The celestial crosses one pair of arms.
"We have not time for subtrefuge, but must act directly."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:15, Thu 05 Dec 2019.

Grimaldi
 player, 546 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi nods, in agreement.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1352 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No arguments from me.  If this shop moves frequently, we may have limited time to follow the clues before it changes location."
Narrator
 GM, 7097 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 236):

As you make the next turn, you notice a puddle of water reflecting a sign on a shuttered tavern.

The reflection shows the tavern full of rowdy drunken folk, in the late evening...you can almost make out the name on the sign...

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
splitfoots

Grimaldi
 player, 547 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"They've taken up in a tavern, this time? *sigh* this is going to complicate matters, and lead to excessive collateral damages, methinks. It cannot be helped.."
Aoife
 player, 647 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 02:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 238):

"Collateral damage, or are they all involved? Lets have a look..."
Mancini
 player, 284 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 09:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini lowers his voice. "Remember things are not what they seem with these demons."

He looks intently at the reflection and the decrepit tavern. "The reflection on the ground and the inside of the tavern don't match. Could it be some sort of illusion or riddle?"

His eyes float over to the name of the disreputable establishment. "Does anyone know what splitfoots might mean in this context?"

Mancini scratches his head for a moment. "And grammatically shouldn't it be splitfeet? Why would they choose such a term?"

04:19, Today: Mancini rolled 12 using 3d6.  Observation  14.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1353 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 09:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Splitfoots?  If it's a plural for the whole word, instead of part of it, that's correct as opposed to 'splitfeet'.  First thing that comes to mind is cloven hooves, like cattle, sheep, goats, and pigs.  Or fauns, though we don't see many of those around Northport."
Grimaldi
 player, 549 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 11:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
06:20, Today: Grimaldi rolled 14 using 3d6.  area knowledge (northport) ~ 14.
"A fine name for a den of demons. Hmmm..."
Grimaldi mulls over in his mind, if he had heard anything about this place before, or it's reputation, in Northport.
Oly
 player, 1163 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 17:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Don' Impz have cloven hoofz?
Kalima
 player, 66 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 21:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 243):

"One of the folk names of the adversary is Mister Splitfoot.. this is a piece of advertising for Hell, trying to make it appealing. We must be near to the market of the damned."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:58, Fri 06 Dec 2019.

Mancini
 player, 285 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"If that is the case, there must be a clue of where we need to go from here."
Grimaldi
 player, 550 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 01:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"So, do we go into this place, and have a look?"
Norman
 player, 18 posts
 Guard
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 21:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 246):

"This might be spoor, and not the beast itself... like a fresh footprint or droppings."
Sederic
 player, 329 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 08:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Norman (msg # 247):

Sederic, rather than continue talking, heads into the bar and looks around.
Grimaldi
 player, 551 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 08:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"This place might be their security. Check out their patrons. I'm all for blood, but let's be surgical, if we can. It'll improve the chances of both success, and getting out alive."
Grimaldi reasoned, casually.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:53, Fri 13 Dec 2019.

Mancini
 player, 286 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 11:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"For once Grimaldi says something that makes sense", Mancini says to Sederic. "If we bust in there swords readied, all we are going to get is bloodshed and no answers."

Mancini ponders for a minute. "This is probably the last audition before they disclose the actual location. What we need to do is make them see us as one of them, or at least people who they can bend to their way of thinking."

Ooc: Psychology roll passes.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1354 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 23:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Hmm.  If that's the case, we don't want either Kalima or Aoife going in at first.  I'm probably not the best for this, either."
Narrator
 GM, 7115 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 23:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 250):

The door to the long shuttered tavern squeaks open with a shove, revealing  a dark room  thick with dust, and  cluttered with broken furniture.
The light from the door does little to penetrate the gloom.
Sederic
 player, 330 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 11:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 252):

Can anybody be seen?
Narrator
 GM, 7119 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 18:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 253):

You dont see anyone... per rolls at -5?
Oly
 player, 1164 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 21:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He peeks in and looks about ...



[Private to GM:   14:07, Today: Oly rolled 7 using 3d6.  Perception.   By 7]
Grimaldi
 player, 552 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 23:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
18:48, Today: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14 (-5 = 9 or less).
"This place is obviously suited for those who prefer the dark..."
Grimaldi said with distaste.
Mancini
 player, 287 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 07:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini enters the darkened room and scans it, trying to find a clue about what to do next. He eventually discovers something or someone of use....

(Ooc:02:30, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Perception (15-5)=10.)
Narrator
 GM, 7124 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 15:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 257):

In the ruin of this place, there are small footprints  in the dust.
You hear a clatter and a faint giggle. Something about 2 1/2 feet tall runs behind an overturned table. It looked like it had a knife.
Grimaldi
 player, 553 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 15:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"How about some light in here, Sederic? This darkness is a needless hazard.."
10:18, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14 (-5 = 9 or less).
Grimaldi said, becoming annoyed with being unable to see.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:19, Wed 18 Dec 2019.

Oly
 player, 1165 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 18:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He moves his long knife to his left hand and draws a cheap large knife which he prepares for throwing.
Mancini
 player, 288 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 21:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Does anyone know what kind of creature can make those footprints?", Mancini asked, pointing to the footprints.. "I didn't get a good look at it, but it seemed short, about two feet or so."
Oly
 player, 1166 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 21:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Can't remember if Oly has seen or heard about these ... but small folk can be harder to fight with a sword.
Sederic
 player, 331 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 03:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 262):

As a player, very much. Not sure if the character I took over has or not though...

Sederic launches his sword toward where he saw the figure...

[Private to GM: Ok, not really sure how this works. Dancing sword to fight the doombrat...]
Grimaldi
 player, 554 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 03:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
22:34, Today: Grimaldi rolled 14 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14 (-5 = 9 or less).
"I'd rather not ignite my sword, to see... so I may cast deadlier magic, if needed. I'll guard the rear, until there's light. I'm not bumbling around in the dark, with Hades knows what, lurking about."
Grimaldi stays near the entrance, but begins casting a spell...
"Sensus Spiritus!"
22:42, Today: Grimaldi rolled 7 using 3d6.  sense spirit ~ 14. (demons)

This message was last edited by the player at 03:44, Thu 19 Dec 2019.

Aoife
 player, 648 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 04:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 264):

Aoife does something, and a Swarm of bats appears!

"Good to see my little friends! Spread out, guys, and find everyone hiding here! If they are nasty, stay back and let us know..."
Narrator
 GM, 7139 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 14:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 264):

The dancing sword can attack things you can see, or things you can pointbat (ie invisibles walking through flour)

The sense spirit spell fails, must be something physical.

The bats take a few seconds to survey the area. To understand them, you need another spell.
Aoife
 player, 649 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 09:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 266):

What spell would I need to understand animals I have created and have a link with?
Mancini
 player, 289 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 14:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini says out loud to no one in particular, "What does a scoundrel have to do around here to get some service in this joint?"
Narrator
 GM, 7157 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 20:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 267):

You don't  have bat allies, but you can become one. How did you get the crowd of bats, were they created? If summoned and not allies, you would need beast speech, if a bat, you could speak to them yourself... pl3ase clarify.
Kalima
 player, 67 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 20:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 268):

There is a chuckle from the corner behind a fallen table...

Kalima points with her spear and advances, sniffing the air.

"Less than petty demon, not quite an imp. There, behind the table"

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:49, Mon 23 Dec 2019.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1356 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 23:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Following Kalima into the derelict-seeming tavern, Ardenas looks around for the source of the laughter.  "Less than a petty demon?"
Grimaldi
 player, 555 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 01:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
20:01, Today: Grimaldi rolled 7 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14. Grimaldi follows the celestial, and the illumination her fiery hair gives off. He is able to now perceive the interior and is aware of the creature the others are talking about. Grimaldi narrows his eyes.
Mancini
 player, 290 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 03:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini taps his foot and looks at Grimildi " I guess the master of the tavern doesn't want to do business. Oh well," he says blithely.

"I guess the master of this tavern must *like* pain since I suspect his master won't take kindly for refusing to aid two seeking power for themselves here in Northport."

(Ooc: 22:11, Today: Mancini rolled 14 using 3d6.  Intimidation (14).)
offspring
 NPC, 66 posts
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 15:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 273):

A wretched looking creature the size of a toddler, kind of greenish yellow looking with a large head and an even larger knife charges out of the shadows
Oly
 player, 1167 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 18:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly steps to clear his line of sight and throws the Large knife at the creature.



[Private to GM:   11:35, Today: Oly rolled 6 using 3d6.  Thrown Knife.  by 10 less range mods
11:39, Today: Oly rolled 0 [1 impaling
]  using 1d6-1.  Thrown Knife Damage. ]
offspring
 NPC, 67 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 00:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 275):

Oly's flung knife draws a little blood (edged weapons do a minimum of 1 point) and the wretched critter skitters away.
Kalima
 player, 68 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 00:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to offspring (msg # 276):

"Be careful! Doomchildren explode!"
Grimaldi
 player, 556 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 01:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi didn't like the idea of explosions, in a confined area. He looks for cover, as he draws his sword.
Oly
 player, 1168 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 02:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
I apolofize fer my bed drow
Mancini
 player, 292 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 08:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
As Mancini searches his head to see if he can remember any Guild briefings on the Doomchildren, Mancini asks Kalima for anything she might know about them as well.


03:41, Today: Mancini rolled 12 using 3d6.  Current Affairs (Guild)- 15, in regards to the activities of doomchildren
Aoife
 player, 650 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 09:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 269):

They were created, not summoned.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1357 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 10:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas draws a quarrel from his hip quiver and looks around for a target.
Narrator
 GM, 7170 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 22:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 281):

Created animals can obey instructions and engage in combat, but like any creations, are fairly poor at communication - they will go where you say, but can only report back by squeaking.
Kalima
 player, 69 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 23:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 280):

Mancini has heard of these exploding imps, they have been encountered more and more often. One of their victims recieved a crippling leg injury, they are much stronger with those skinny little arms than they look.

"They are evil filth, and explode like alchemical fire, and their bones splinter into darts if you are close. Don't get within a fathom and a half from them,  or their blood will burn you.  A good wound will take them down, particularly effective is a strike to the head. Ware their small size"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1358 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 00:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"The only way I'll hit one in the head is by luck, but at least I can hit them at a distance a few times, until I run out of quarrels and shuriken.  They don't need silver to harm them, I hope."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:20, Fri 27 Dec 2019.

Grimaldi
 player, 557 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 01:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi listened, taking in the info. It sounded like he would be using his lightning...
Aoife
 player, 651 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 04:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 286):

Aoife will instruct them to squeak when they find someone hiding, and to bite them in the head...
Mancini
 player, 293 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 19:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini readies his rapier in case he needs to attack.

"Now, now Kalima. They are not truly evil in the same sense that a fly pestering a human is evil. Obviously, they are pawns of some greater master because they apparently have no independent thought. If they did, they would know to send for their master do that I can make a proposition with them."


(Ooc:14:20, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Intimidation (14).

14:18, Today: Mancini rolled 8 using 3d6.  Propoganda 14

Both rolls are intended towards the doomchild.)
Grimaldi
 player, 558 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 21:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi scoffed.
Hearing the thing's giggling, and it's description he figured the thing was twisted, evil, and thoroughly mad. To try and parley with such creatures, was  greater madness.
"They must be destroyed." (blood lust)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:57, Fri 27 Dec 2019.

offspring
 NPC, 68 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 288):

Being truly evil and unwilling to negotiate, it runs gibbering toward Mancini!
Oly
 player, 1172 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly steps further away and draws another large knife to throw
Mancini
 player, 294 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 05:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini smiles ruefully. "Good. By attacking me, it will leave itself open to attacks from all of you."

Mancini then thrust his weapon at the creature, landing a direct hit.


(Ooc:00:05, Today: Mancini rolled 1 using 1d6-1.  Damage.
23:49, Yesterday: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Rapier 13 (AoA: Determined +4)= 17(-1 SM=16).)
Grimaldi
 player, 559 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 07:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi likewise, keeps back. Having listened to the warnings about the creature, he expected an explosion, and didn't want to be caught in it.
Aoife
 player, 652 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 11:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 293):

Are there bats attacking anything else?
Sederic
 player, 332 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 11:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 294):

Sedric will direct his sword to attack it!

Umm, what do I roll for the sword attacking from a distance?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1359 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 11:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas draws a quarrel from his hip quiver and begins to cast.

[Private to GM: 06:55, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 3 using 3d6.  Winged Knife, roll to cast (12).
06:56, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 15 using 3d6.  Winged Knife, second crit check.  No second crit, but no fatigue cost.
]
Narrator
 GM, 7184 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 18:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 295):

Meikka has a 15 to hit, it is SM -1
Sederic
 player, 333 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 23:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 297):

Meikka attacks...[Private to GM: Rolled 3 under to hit. Does it use my ST for damage?]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1360 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 09:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas lets his quarrel fly.

[Private to GM: 04:57, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 8 using 3d6.  Winged Knife, roll to hit (15 - SM1 - range).
04:58, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 2 using 1d6.  Damage (impaling) .
]

This message was last edited by the player at 09:58, Mon 30 Dec 2019.

Oly
 player, 1173 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 22:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He holds his knife ready to throw, but waits to see what will happen with the animated sword.
Narrator
 GM, 7189 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 298):

Meika connects with the creature, even as Ardenas' bolt strikes it, injuring it, but not detonating the demonic critter.

Meikka attacks with 15 ST when acting alone, but its kills don't count against its need for bloodshed.
Grimaldi
 player, 560 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi kept alert, ready to begin casting if need be. He also kept his distance, waiting like one lighting off fireworks, in Little Sahud.
Sederic
 player, 334 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 03:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 302):

Ah, Ok. Updated Character sheet, where I noticed it mentioned a skill of 18. Which number should I use?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1362 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 11:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas draws another quarrel while scanning the room for any other enemies.
Mancini
 player, 295 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 15:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini retreats for the moment. While he considers his options, he grabs his dwarven whetstone and sharpens his rapier.
Narrator
 GM, 7197 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 17:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 303):

Miekka attacks at 18, and with 15 ST, thrusting for 1d+3 iirc. So roll, and you hit on a 16 or less.



Kalima waits for the sword to clear before advancing with her spear. The creature, ignoring the o5her's attacks, charges giggling at her.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1365 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 00:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Seeing the imp's charge, Ardenas doesn't wait to cast again, but simply throws the quarrel at the giggling creature like a dart.

[Private to GM: 19:28, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 9 using 3d6.  Throwing (roll to hit, 15 - SM-1 - range).
19:31, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 4 using 1d6-2.  Damage (impaling).
19:31, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  Hit Location.
]
Grimaldi
 player, 562 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 02:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
These things are less fragile than they look, apparently..
Grimaldi thought to himself, as he watched the thing.
Mancini
 player, 296 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 13:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
With his rapier sharpened, he takes off his heavy cloak and readies it for battle.

(Ooc: Where is Norman in all of this?)
Narrator
 GM, 7208 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 17:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 307):

Sorry, was waiting on the damage roll. As the dancing sword stikes it, the creature, with an earth shattering KABOOM, bursts into a three yard ball of flame, with fragments of bone flying. The sword is flung back ontonthe floor of the tavern.
Those at the periphery  take 2 points burning before DR.

Norman was warding Mancini and covering a two yard field in front of his master.
(He is under Mancini's control, you can post for him)
Grimaldi
 player, 563 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 19:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi barely flinches, as he had been expecting an explosion. He had taken the care to stay  back, after listening to Kalima's warnings about the vile thing.
Mancini
 player, 297 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 20:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini braces for impact, placing his heavy cloak over his face and vitals. If hit, the cloak will lower damage to 1 point.

(Ooc: No, for some reason I can post as Kalima, but not as Norman.)
Narrator
 GM, 7209 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 20:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 312):

Corrected
Oly
 player, 1174 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 00:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly had moved well away and I don't think gets burned...
Sederic
 player, 335 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 01:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 314):

Sedric recalls the sword. It usually would not be hurt by a little explosion...
Aoife
 player, 653 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 01:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 315):

Aoife assesses the damage to her bat swarm...are they attacking any other targets?
Narrator
 GM, 7215 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 17:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 316):

The bats seem stunned, but have not located anyone 3lse.
There are a number of small fires, on the floor, furnature, and ceiling beams.
Mancini
 player, 298 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 18:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Is everyone alright?" Mancini calls out after the blast passed.

Mancini dusts off his cape with a look to see if any tears or burned spots had developed. Seeing none, he replaced it and went to check on Norman and Kalima.

"Kalima, do you smell any more of those God awful Doomchildren?"

While he talks, Mancini looks around for a clue on what to do next.

(Ooc:13:21, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Perception 15.)
Grimaldi
 player, 564 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 18:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"We need light, so we can see them coming at us in the dark. though, they seem so mad, they cannot help their insane laughter, I would much rather see them coming, among other things bound to be lurking about. How about it, Sederic? Or does anyone else know the spell?"
Grimaldi reasoned.
Kalima
 player, 70 posts
 four armed horror
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 20:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 319):

The flaming aura around the celestial is at least torchbright, as is the burning furniture.
"There is nothing else here, but ought be something near. Places become corrupted when demonic traffic is close and regular."
Aoife
 player, 654 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 21:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 320):

"I do not, but I can have the bats keep looking around."

The cloud of bats, or what is left f them, scatter to search.
Sederic
 player, 336 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 21:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 321):

"A simple torch would be easier, but our friend here is about as bright..."

He inspects his sword for damage, before getting ready to move on.
Grimaldi
 player, 565 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Between the bats and the aura, Grimaldi nodded, satisfied.
Mancini
 player, 299 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Where do we look now to find the bookstore?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1366 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas brushes bits of bone and flesh off his leathers.  "If we're going to stay here, i can light my headlamp.  Otherwise, we might want to put out these fires before we move on.  I'd hate to burn down half the city because we couldn't be bothered."
Mancini
 player, 299 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 01:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Personally, I wouldn't mind if this eyesore burned to the ground. It would prevent the corruption from its demonic clientele from spreading and the Guild could buy it up cheap afterwards to build something truly useful."

He shrugged. "However, I think several blocks being burned for a real estate grab is a bit excessive, even by Guild standards. Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with the fires?"

This message was last updated by the GM at 01:40, Sat 04 Jan.

Aoife
 player, 655 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 06:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 326):

"I can create a fog to reduce small fires, or a geyser for larger ones, but is it really needed?"
Grimaldi
 player, 566 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 19:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I too can make fog, and create water...but I'd rather save my magic, for defensive purposes... Want to retreat, and fog the place down together, and wait a bit to recover our strength?"
Aoife
 player, 656 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 22:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 328):

"Or just let it burn to the ground and save on cleanup costs?"
Grimaldi
 player, 567 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 23:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I agree. Normally, I would be against such disregard. There could be valuable texts, and treasure to be looted, but anything here is no doubt corrupt and evil. I say let the fire cleanse this place, and let us press onward."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1367 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 12:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I have no love for this particular tavern, but unless we can be confident the fire won't spread to other buildings, I still think we should put out these small fires before they combine into one big one."

Suiting action to words, Ardenas approaches the nearest fire to assess the best way to extinguish it.

OOC: I don't see a "firefighting" skill to default on.

[Private to GM: 07:08, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 3d6.  IQ (-default to assess extinguishing small fire).]
Narrator
 GM, 7231 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 13:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Much can be stomped out, the rafter might have to be wetted. Beating it could work, probably take a minute or so.
Narrator
 GM, 7233 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 13:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 332):

Outside, drawn by the explosion and smoke, a group of eight or nine approach; they are a motley group, mostly human, and including an armored orc, a green haired elven archer with a dog, another archer, a priest with a bladed staff, and a handful of others.


The alleyway is more decrepit than others, and has some layers of graffiti. The building the smoke is coming out of is a shuttered tavern has an old sign that says "splithoof's"
A few people down the unevenly cobbled street glare from their doorways. One looked like he was raising a switch to a child, but has become distracted by the noise and the arrival of the newcomers.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:46, Mon 06 Jan.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 491 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 18:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin waves the Ymid over to follow him, but otherwise his only comment is "Lead us in, Brodak, but carefully.  We know not what caused the explosion, although we have suspicions.  And if it was a Domchild, other evil may be afoot"

As they prepare to enter, Nodwin will ignite his staff.
Brodak
 player, 345 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 18:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
A large armored Orc enters with his shield up and axe ready, but held slightly low so it isn't so obvious. He steps inside about two steps and stops to allow his eyes to adjust ... Boom was boom-brat? Have More?

This message was last edited by the player at 18:34, Mon 06 Jan.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 447 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 18:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
A slender shadow slips in and stops behind Brodak and lets her eyes adjust as she looks around.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:35, Mon 06 Jan.

Mellarill
 player, 183 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 18:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
A green haired elf steps to the Big Orcs left, an arrow knocked and her bow leveled.  A moderate sized dog at her side.Smell any more o' the little shits Crotch-sniffer?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 492 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 18:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin lets the others squeeze in ahead of him, as he feels his role should be protecting the Ymid.  However, he adds "If it's safe, make room.  We need to get our friend inside.  The noise will attract unwanted attention."

As soon as there is space, move forward with the Ymid to get inside the inn.
Oh, and don't set anyone on fire with his staff.
Grimaldi
 player, 568 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 19:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Someone comes, from the street."
Grimaldi, who is at the rear, tells the group.
Mancini
 player, 300 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 20:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini scowls. All these people around was going to bring extra attention, something they did not need as they tried to find the demonic book store.

Mancini went over to the strange group. "Mancini here. I believe you are hunting Doomchildren, but we got here first. If you wish to burn down this demonic watering hole, then go ahead. If not, please move on. Our Guild mission requires some discretion."

15:51, Today: Mancini rolled 8 using 3d6.  Diplomacy (16).
Grimaldi
 player, 569 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 21:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
16:20, Today: Grimaldi rolled 8 using 3d6.  loner ~ 12 or less (regarding the strangers).
Despite Mancini's brusque greeting, Grimaldi tries to be more amiable...
"Now, Let's not be hasty, Mancini...Perhaps they can help us. I'm Grimaldi, swordsman, and wizard..."
He greeted the newcomers.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 22:24, Mon 06 Jan.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 448 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 22:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
The shadow behind the Orc speaks, We are seeking a demonic happening ourselves, and sensed this; we too are of the guild. Mayhap we can be of assistance here.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 972 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 23:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
The human archer, shortish and slender, walks with a slight limp.  He carries a staff slung on his back, much the way an unstrung bow might be carried.  His longbow is taller than he is, but despite carrying two hip quivers on his right side, they contain only three arrows total.  He wears leather with a steel pot helmet, cloth gloves (with an archer's thumb ring over the glove on the right), and a coil of rope crossing his chest like a sash.

As soon as he gets a good look around the tavern, he steps to the side (to clear the doorway) then raises his empty bow toward the four-armed, flame-haired apparition.  His right hand hovers near the fletching of the single arrow in one quiver.

"Jareth, what sort of demon is that?  Do I need silver?"
Mancini
 player, 301 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 23:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini jumps in front of Kalima and readies his cloak. "This is no demon. This is our friend Kalima, demon huntress and minor deity. I summoned her with the help of my group to locate a demon trying to corrupt people."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 493 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 23:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Although he is a bit towards the back now, Nodwin raises his staff to draw attention to himself.  He's an honest looking kid wearing a plain robe, and carrying a bladed staff currently engulfed in flames.

"If you're confident we are not enemies, may we finish entering?  We do not want to attract any undue attention to ourselves, and the explosion along with a collection of people...It's sure to bring the town guard.

Having heard your previous statement, I believe we may be at parallel purposes.  Perhaps we can compare notes?"


Thankfully Nodwin is able to come off as credible and straightforward.

Since this is for PCs, making the roll public.
16:51, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 10 using 3d6.  Diplomacy 11 or Leadership 12.

Grimaldi
 player, 570 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
While the others parley, Grimaldi tries to open the shutters of the tavern, to let in light.
Mancini
 player, 302 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini moves to let them in.

"So what brings you to our lovely establishment?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1840 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth, am ill-kempt dirty-blonde elf dressed in sages leathers slides in last having scoped out the street to ensure no gendarmes were coming, he's gently shaking a ferret and muttering at it, "... no, stay awake ya, an keep yer shiffer goin.  Don't want no boombrats hoppin outa t'e rafters on fy head."

He scans the room, nods to Ardenas when he spots him, and gives Kalima and Mancini an appraising eye.

"Sound like that answer t'e question Mario, an very neatly end our quest."

He steps forward, "No worries t'ere, we ain't aimin doin no killin, leastways not heavenly body as this."  He winks at Kalima, "See Nodwin, told ya were t'e divine summonin, that's what t'e 'parallels t'e zorth axis' meant."

He bows slightly to Kalima, "Your minor diviness, our friend here," he indicates the heavily cloaked individual, "sensed yer presence an requested we guide, ahhh, him so could see what t'e divinely summoned looked like.  He probably want take readins... or somethin... ahhh, he's from way outa town... would that be okay with ya an your group?"


OOC:  19:08, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Diplomacy 16 for Reaction Roll.
Clarence Montague
 player, 262 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 348):

Clarence, amount the last in, looked at the crowd and decided to say nothing. This looked complicated, and his job in holding a light was not really needed here. Instead, he started looking around the place.
Aoife
 player, 657 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 349):

Aoife was not impressed by the newcomers.

"I think we need to keep moving..."

She watches over Kalima protectively.
Sederic
 player, 337 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 350):

Sederic, having recovered his sword, readies it as new folk arrive, and stays that way  carefully, waiting to see how they act rather than talk.
Grimaldi
 player, 571 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 01:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Listening to the dirty elf in the leather coat, Grimaldi looked at the cloaked individual quizzically. "Another one from the realms beyond? Forsooth! 'Tis no ordinary, average day!" Grimaldi guffawed.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:24, Tue 07 Jan.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 973 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 09:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
The archer lowers his bow and takes a more relaxed stance.

"Please pardon, your divinity."  He glances around the flame-lit tavern.  "Do you need help putting out these fires?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1368 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 10:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas waves the archer over to where he's scattering and smothering the small fires.  "I'd welcome some help.  Nothing disastrous, yet, but best we get them while they're small."
Ymid
 NPC, 80 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 17:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 354):

The odd hooded figure holding a glowing crustal rectangle and a gnarled staff points the tablet at Kalima.  It has a number of odd devices at its belt, including a blown glass item with wires inside of it, a peculiar knife, and a greenish bladder.

The subject of his interests, the celestial drmon slayer, is seven feet tall with four arms, obsidian skin and flaming red hair; she is surrounded by a bmglowing bolden aura.
She has protruding fangs, and three eyes, wears a silken red and gold sari, cral bracelets, a garland of marigolds, and carries a spear.

The hooded one holds up its tablet. And presses a jeweld stud on it. There is a flash of light, and those standing behind it can see an image of kalima on the other side of the device.

A stange voice echoes in everyone's head.
"Remarkable specimen. One of the 10 million, related to the vampire goddess no doubt"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 494 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 18:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin steps up beside the Ymid to see what he is looking at, as he extinguishes the flame on his staff.  While he looks at the item in the Ymid's hands, he responds to the situation by saying "For lack of a better way to say it, our friend is an explorer.  All of this is new to him, and so he is trying to understand it.  He is from...another place.

In his exploration, he communicated to us that there was a demonic summoning in this direction.  At least that is what I understood from his mind pictures.  They were rather powerful, until he learned to send them with a little more delicacy.  In response to that, we banded together to investigate the problem, and that led us to here.

Are you investigating something similar? "

Aoife
 player, 658 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 23:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 356):

"We are hunting for those that summon demons. What do you want with them?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 495 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 23:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ndwin is taken aback by the directness of the question. His eyebrow furrows a bit, and he throws his free hand up in a gesture of surprise.  "We want to protect the city and it's inhabitants from exposure to this evil.  People have died, and more will die, if we don't take action.  Isn't that why you're here?"

In retrospect, Nodwin makes a note...  He had been perhaps too forthright in his approach, and may have exposed the group to danger.  If these people were not friendly, they could suddenly be at odds in close quarters.  Going forward, assuming things ended well here, he decided more discretion was probably recommended.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 974 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 00:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Our main interest is helping our, um, friend with the odd devices to return safely to his home.  His curiosity, however, is very strong."  He inclines his head toward the hooded figure.

"We met others of the exploding imps near where we met him.  One of them stabbed me in the leg, a lingering wound from which I have yet to fully recover.  Doesn't affect my aim, though, thank all the gods!

"What does he mean by 'one of the ten million?'  I don't recognize that term."

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1369 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 00:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After searching around for a sturdy enough table to let him reach the burning rafter, Ardenas instead clears a space and stands directly beneath that fire.  He begins speaking difficult words with great care and clarity, making exaggerated gestures as he does so.

When nothing happens, he draws himself inward, breathes deeply, and begins again.  This time, when he reaches the point where he had stopped, he begins to rise slowly into the air.  He hovers near the burning beam, slapping at the edges of the fire as he tries to put it out a little at a time without burning his gloved hands.

[Private to GM: 19:07, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 15 using 3d6.  Levitation, roll to cast (13 +1 for exaggerated ritual).
19:08, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Levitation, roll to cast (13 +1 for exaggerated ritual).
]
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 496 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 00:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Because he was focused on the diplomatic part of things for the most part, Nodwin had not really noticed the fires.  He's still watching what the Ymid is doing but adds "I could ask Vejovis for water, if you feel the invocation is worthy of our time."
Mancini
 player, 303 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 02:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Kalima's divine family is vast. And not all are as noble as our celestial friend."

Mancini looks over at Kalima, making sure she was not upset or hurt by the strange creature's examination of her.

"We were originally after a bunch of cultists, ones seeking to summon a deity of pure darkness, older than the ones most of us understand and/or Revere as divine", Mancini said. "We managed to stop the cultists, but in pursuit of other cells of this evil cult, we learned that some demons are seeking to give mortals powers in exchange for favors. We're trying to follow the trail to find the demon's base of operation and capture the owner in order to stop the bleeding of the demonic onto this plane of existence."

21:12, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Diplomacy (16).
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1841 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 02:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario Crowfoot:
"What does he mean by 'one of the ten million?'  I don't recognize that term."

"Think t'e decimal point be off... eit'er that or t'e Triune revelation five-eleven is wrong, which hey, go figure..." answers offhandedly, he was mostly keeping a keen eye on their hooded friend's gizmo and half an eye on the other group.  "Leastways wasn't mentionin t'e six billion, don't need to deal with AL-YIS-UN... maybe t'e ten million guardians sent to Chin'ya or Guatama what described in t'e Oahspe... but probably just t'e number of Asuras, t'e Vedic were never very precise...  course could just ask."

He clears his throat, "Ymid, t'e 'ten million' what?"




OOC:  21:12, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Theology (Any) 10.

He gets a +5 if it's something he may have encountered before.  +2 if it's Elder Thing Theology...

Note:  The above paragraph is mostly me, the Player, rambling about nonsense, which may or may not have bearing...

This message was last edited by the player at 02:26, Wed 08 Jan.

Grimaldi
 player, 572 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 03:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"If your planar traveling friend can track our quarry and pinpoint them, it would be most helpful." Grimaldi said cooly, though he was curious about what else the telepath would reveal. It had an alien, but straight forward logic, he thought...
Ymid
 NPC, 81 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 04:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 364):

"A full accounting of the divinites and their descendants, aspects and enemies comes close to this figure. Enough new entities are created through misinterpretation and mistranslation as to account for the others. Many are transient in scope.
Oooh! A temporal gate has just opened, but it is not proximate, or novel in any way.
A portable transdimensional space with variable location, and infernal association... so common. Yes, one is extremely proximate, and has a variety of infernal entities present."



Several images are included; a square surmounted by a circle, so that there are 4 triangles outside the circle; one glows white.

A peculiar lined figure collapsing in on itself and forming other configurations,  with about seven small moving parts that look like evil runes.
Mancini
 player, 304 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 05:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini grabs his sketchbook and scribbled down the visions from Ymid. Once complete, he shows them to the group. "Is this what you saw?"

As he shows the group, he thinks about if he is aware of any of the symbols and/or their meaning.
Aoife
 player, 659 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 05:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 364):

"So, that thing can track demons? That could be useful..."
Grimaldi
 player, 573 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 06:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
This being could seem to access and analyze information without a visible library, which was an incredible feat of the mind, no doubt aided by the device, it carried. Grimaldi saw the potential of having such allies, as well as opportunities for some potentially profitable endeavors.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 497 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 20:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Since no one has answered him on the water question yet, Nodwin asks the Ymid "Can you lead us to where the Infernals are currently located?  With our additional people, we can probably intervene with whatever they are currently doing and prevent it.  While this may not be important to you because you come from a different home, it is important to us."
Ymid
 NPC, 82 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 22:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 369):

"Track demons? Why would anyone want to do that? I track instances of translocation and extradimensional activity, things that cause thaumatological disruption and variances in the fabric of space-time."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 22:07, Wed 08 Jan.

Kalima
 player, 71 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 22:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ymid (msg # 370):

"I track demons, because they need to be eliminated. I know what you ate not, but what are you? Lift that hood?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:09, Wed 08 Jan.

Ymid
 NPC, 83 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 22:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 371):

The creature pulls back its head, revealing a monstrous, enormous eyeball without signs of any other features.


After exchanging a long piercing stare with the three eyed giantess, it turns its back to her and raises its tablet, pressing another stud and releasing a flash of light.
An image of the two of them together fills the front of the device.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 498 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 22:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin shrugs his shoulders and raises his free arm quizzically.  He had no idea what was going on.  Shaking his head, he contorts his face into a confused look, but then moves on with the topic at hand.  "We don't want to track demons.  We feel like we need to, because they kill our people, and taint our homes.  All we are asking for is a bit of help, if you are willing to provide it.

Ummm...  She might appreciate the help too..."
Nodwin gestures at the 4 armed horror standing not far away as he says this.

[Private to GM: In case you want one:
15:37, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  Diplomacy 11.
]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1370 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 23:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Ow!"  Ardenas, from his aerial position, flaps one gloved hand in the air, then holds it in front of his face to inspect a wisp of smoke coming from a finger.

"I thought we had an unusual companion!  What a pair they make!"

"Say, did someone down there say something about water?  I don't think I can get this beam all the way out before my spell runs out, and I'm too tired to do this again."  Going against what he just said, he returns to trying to smother the fire on the rafter.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 500 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 23:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin nods to the person floating in the air, and then asks "Are there any containers around that we could use to hold water?  Maybe they have something back in the kitchen?"

The conversation with the Ymid was fascinating, but after taking a minute to look up, Nodwin decides the fire might be more important.

He'll look around for something to put water in.

OOC If this is a tavern, they should have some sort of liquid available for the patrons, right?  If nothing else, beer or ale would put out the flames.
Narrator
 GM, 7238 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 03:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 375):

This tavern doesn't look like it has served customers since the plague.

There is however a barrel lying on its side that might hold water.
Aoife
 player, 660 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 03:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 375):

"Maybe we should let this unnatural eyesore burn down?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 502 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 17:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin approaches the barrel to take a look.  In response to the question he says "I'm not sure we can make that decision.  We're new to the situation, and don't know what connects to this building.  Maybe it would be good to let it burn, but how much of the city would it take with it?  I didn't look around when we hustled in here.  We were far more concerned with keeping our friend out of the public eye.  You guys were here before us.  What do you think?"

OOC if the belief is that we should save the building, Nodwin will create water into the barrel.  6 gallons out to be enough.  Then he will need to rest.

[Private to GM: If needed:
10:24, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 12 using 3d6.  Create Water 14.
]
Narrator
 GM, 7241 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 20:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 378):

While this place showed signs of corruption, it is not the epicenter of the taint. The tavern shares a wall with a pair of row houses.
Six gallons might be enough.
Mancini
 player, 305 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Please invoke your gods to help us put out the fire. While I would love to never see this place standing again, there are other buildings attached and potentially innocent people living there."

Mancini thought for a second. "Perhaps there is a lower key way of stopping the taint of evil from spreading from this place?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 503 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 22:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin steps to the barrel and prays.  As he mumbles the name Vejovis is audible, but the rest is spoken quietly. Then, it is done.  Water appears in the barrel with a bit of a splash.  Nodwin looks tired, but not haggard.  With a subtle nod towards Mancini he gestures to the barrel, even taking a small scoop of water to apply to his face.  Then he leans on his staff and walks over to a part of the wall that looks reasonably clean and isn't on fire, and sits down against it.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:03, Thu 09 Jan.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1842 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 22:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini:
"Please invoke your gods to help us put out the fire. While I would love to never see this place standing again, there are other buildings attached and potentially innocent people living there."

"That an we live on this street.  Fire this neck of town go like tinder."

quote:
"Perhaps there is a lower key way of stopping the taint of evil from spreading from this place?"

"Find t'e center, t'e source.  Kill t'e source, clean t'e center, taint wash away like street filth in good rain."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1371 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 23:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas descends, still hovering, but now just above the floor.

"I don't know precisely how long I still have, but I can maintain this spell for another minute, perhaps two at most.

"Quickly then, start soaking things, rags and such, in the water and toss them up to me.
"

As if to demonstrate, he plunges his gloved hands into the barrel, then rises back up to the burning rafter and resumes patting at the edges of the fire with the wet gloves.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 449 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 23:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn looks at Ardenas and the water, then commences to cast ... the barrel quivers and starts to rise up to him.


[Private to GM: 16:42, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 13 using 3d6.  Levitate.  Just made it]
Mancini
 player, 306 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 23:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini waits for the rest of the group to finish putting out the fire, before going over to the remaining water and after praying to the benevolent gods and goddesses to help arrest the flow of evil into the physical domain.

Mancini takes the blessed water and sprinkles it around the room, believing in and willing the power of the benevolent deities to expel the evil from the place.

Once he finishes the ceremony, he takes a seat near Nodwin, Mancini, too needing to rest.

18:49, Today: Mancini rolled 13 using 3d6.  Will 15, to perform exorcism (allowed through Wild Talent).
Grimaldi
 player, 574 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 02:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi leans against a wall, arms folded in typical loner fashion,  as he quietly recovered his strength from his earlier casting.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:51, Fri 10 Jan.

Clarence Montague
 player, 263 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 06:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 386):

Clarence will help with putting out the fire.
Sederic
 player, 338 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 06:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 386):

Sederic is looking for more of the little buggers that started the fire. He starts going through the other rooms.
Aoife
 player, 661 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 06:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 388):

"So, where to next?" she asks, looking at Kalima and then the newcomer.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 976 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 10:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No idea.  That's, uh, his department."  He nods toward the Ymid.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1372 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 10:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After spending a total of two or three minutes floating near the burning rafter, dipping his gloves into the floating water barrel and using them to smother the fire and transfer water, Ardenas gently descends and staggers over to the wall where Nodwin is resting, only to be joined shortly by Mancini.

"I'm going to be a while, friends, I'm totally beat."

OOC: he'll be able to travel, if necessary, in half an hour, but it'll be close to two hours to get fully rested.
Ymid
 NPC, 85 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 14:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 390):

The alien sorcerer examines its device.
"Two things. The pocket dimension has a proximate entrance... walkable, to use your terms. Secondly, you are in possession of a book... there are others within the confi es of the city. It is desireous to examine this volume... and any others that can be found."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1843 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 15:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Seeing Mancini start an exorcism, Jareth pitches in.  Righting chairs, moving things back to where they belong, cleaning windows, doorways, etc.  Probably not really doing much actual helping though...




OOC:
Mancini:
18:49, Today: Mancini rolled 13 using 3d6.  Will 15, to perform exorcism (allowed through Wild Talent).


Note a proper Cleansing takes three hours... but that's to remove a Curse or other such Unholy/Demonic/Elder thing/Etc presence.  To just "untaint" an area of the Doomchild's residue?  Probably a good bit shorter.  Also, Jareth will (try to) help.

10:34, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 13 using 3d6.  Exorcism 10.  Aiding Mancini.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 450 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 391):

The Barrel settles slowly to the ground as well.
Narrator
 GM, 7245 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 394):

A simple clearing takes about half an hour.
Grimaldi
 player, 575 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 21:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi joins Sederic, and casts a spell to uncover anything that might be hidden...
16:49, Today: Grimaldi rolled 14 using 3d6.  see secrets ~ 14.
"Secreta Revelare"
Grimaldi spectacles his fingers over his eyes a moment, and waves his hand, as he speaks an incantation...

This message was last edited by the player at 21:53, Fri 10 Jan.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 977 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 23:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Pocket...dimension?"  Mario looks down at his pouch.  "About a span wide and deep, half that thick.  But somehow, I doubt that's what he means."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1373 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 23:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"The shop we're looking for is a space that doesn't take up space, if I've understood that correctly.  The door moves around, but the shop inside it is the same."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1844 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 04:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Extradimensional space...?  I wonder..."

He pauses in his cleaning up the area, and slowly spins in a circle...



OOC:  Casting Seek Gate, excluding the Gate he knows about.

23:40, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 8 using 3d6.  Seek Gate 15.  Cost 3 FP.

With a +7 he finds the distance and direction to the nearest open gate within 300 miles... or the nearest closed gate within 30 miles.

Narrator
 GM, 7252 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 17:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 399):

With the exception noted, you are feeling something in three different directions- something slightly north, several somethings in diferent states of being open west of you by a distance.
 and something a bit further north and slightly west. You may have to refine your search.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:38, Wed 05 Feb.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1845 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 18:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 399):

With the exception noted, you are feeling something in two different directions- something slightly north, several somethings in different states of being open west of you by a distance.

The way I've always read the "Seek" type spells, is they give the nearest most "ping" and then stop.  In this case, he'd find the nearest gate open or closed within 30 miles.  If there are no Gates (noting the excluded Gate) within 30 miles, he'll ping on the nearest open gate within 300 miles.

Are you treating the Modifiers as Qualifiers?  If so... he'd be looking for the nearest "Open" Gate, expecting that any extradimensional shop that is "open for business" would have it's "door open".

quote:
You may have to refine your search.

If however you mean "you've found a handful of gates in active/deactive states, please clarify Distance and State of Openness and cast again"... than he'll continue slowly circling and refocus thusly:


13:47, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 15 using 3d6.  Seek Gate 15.  Open Gate, Nearest, Excluding the Bone Gate.

Soooo... 0 MoS, he's good to pinpoint out to 200 yards.

If he didn't need to recast, just clarify his intent...let me know as 6 FP is a big hit for Jareth...

Narrator
 GM, 7257 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 21:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nearest open lands you the gate , about a block away with a stong sense of direction. You are now aware that there are seveal dormant and one open gate in the vicinity of temple hill.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1846 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 23:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth stops circling and sways a moment then points, "T'ere close, open extra dimensional gate that way.  Chance be it what ya lookin for."

He rubs his temples and mumbles, "Thas rough.  Gonna have'ta have t'e lie down..." and he just leans heavily on whatever is near him (wall, table, chair, the floor...)




OOC:  Note, with skill 15 he was muttering in Eldritch the entire time (mostly a one sided conversation about gates) and making weird twitches with his limbs.  Gotta get them skills to 20 for the "creepy stares into space" routine.
Aoife
 player, 662 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 00:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 401):

"Before we go, can you tell us if there are any closed gates as well? The open one might be something else. If there are, ow many are there, and where are they?"
Grimaldi
 player, 576 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 00:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Not discovering anything from his own spell, Grimaldi's curiosity draws him back to what the group is discussing. He stays his usual comfortable distance, listening intently.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1374 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 01:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"How close is close?  In the city, or in the next building?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1847 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 02:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"T'e open one? About a block.  Didna focus on nonoperant gates. So, any distance possible, but probably in t'e city as well.  T'ere is also active gate aperture on Temple Hill, but that's bit distant an not likely t'e source this demonic infestation, what with t'e godliness up t'ere an all."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1375 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 12:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Mancini?  A block away?"
Kalima
 player, 72 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 406):

Taking Jareth's information to heart, the four armed celestial steps to the door to the smoldering tavern and sniffs deeply.
"There are traces of hot metal, sulphur, sour milk, and an excess of intercourse. In the air, but fleetingly, as if there was a physical door being opened and closed. I think it is on this street."
Ymid
 NPC, 86 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 409):

The Ymid has meanwhile been working on a drawing of glowing lines on its device, and then rotates the drawing as though it were a physical shape.

It draws Jareth's attention to the three (or four?) Dimensional diagram

"The proximate, the cluster here, another just past this space, and at least two more below..."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:40, Wed 05 Feb.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 504 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After listening to the discussion, Nodwin stands up from where he is sitting and lumbers over to Kalima, slightly drunkenly.  He reaches into his pouch and produces several sheets of parchment, which he offers to the demon hunter.

"In his last mind picture, before we came here, the Ymid showed me a casting performed by grotesque people and flaminging demons, where they tried to bring a celestial into this town.  Something about a divine servitor spirit fleshed in human sacrifice.  Of note, he seems to have used the real names of the actual demons as footnotes.  Can you verify this, and does the information help you at all?  Can you expound on the information he provided?  I assume this might be an area where you have expertise?  Is it safe to guess that the multi-limbed image I also saw was you?"

OOC Nodwin will offer up all the information he has on that mind picture, clarifying details as necessary.

[Private to Nodwin Zideqick: the runes are the true names of demons, with bodies touched by flame, and bound by magic. The grotesqueries are human. The mathematical construct is an elder servitor's spirit, clad in the likeness of flesh by the sacrifices of its worshipers. The multilimbed thing summoned from a parallel dimension would appear to be part celestial..]

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:28, Tue 14 Jan.

Sederic
 player, 339 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ymid (msg # 410):

Sederic moves to the stance creature, then to the straggly elf near him.

"Can you give us a copy of that map of gates, and we can check them out. Or you can check some of them out as well..."
Aoife
 player, 663 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 412):

"We would be glad to tell you what we know, once we know what this is. We summoned Kalima to deal with demons, but she can speak for herself. Kalima, what is this...creature, and is it likely to be helping us, or using them?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1848 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 02:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth steals himself and takes a look at the Ymid's diagrams, he'll make requests for clarification in Eldritch if necessary.

He responds to Sederic offhandedly, as though this were an automatic response, "Maps are one royal for briefest overview, more expensive t'e more detail.  One hour for sketchy map, more detail is more time..."
Sederic
 player, 340 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 07:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 414):

"Not sure if we have a sovereign, but I am also not sure you have a map..."<table></table>
Grimaldi
 player, 577 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 08:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi gives some side-eye to the attempt.
"The ones with secrets, try to extort us... What chic!"
He chuckles.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:14, Mon 13 Jan.

Kalima
 player, 73 posts
 four armed horror
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 19:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 413):

The four armed celestial takes a sniff, and a long look at the weird cyclopean being.
"Whatever it is, it isn't a demon, and is not repelled by my aura. This leads me to assume that it is not expressly aligned with the forces of evil. My guess is that is may be a creature of void and chaos...but it seems more curious than anything else."
Ymid
 NPC, 87 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 19:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 417):

"In the beging the void was withoutform. There are those that preferredit that way, and anticipatea return to a primordial state. However,  there remains much of interest to be observed and cataloged of this time and state."
Mancini
 player, 307 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 19:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini pulls out his purse and pulls out a sovereign. " You said you had a map. I want a look at it. But I still say that is too much. Any chance to lower?"

(Merchant roll passed.14:46, Today: Mancini rolled 13 using 3d6.  Merchant 16.)
Aoife
 player, 664 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 21:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 419):

"So basically they hate everyone equally. Not sure that is an improvement..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 505 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 21:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"He has not been aggressive towards us at all.  Only curious."

OOC I'll wait on the response to my description of the summoning circle above before moving on.  A few more important balls have been juggled recently, so this is mostly a reminder.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1850 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 22:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Haven't drawn map... one royal be five bit less ya pay merchant, standard Guild rebate..." he doesn't seem to be paying full attention to anything except the Ymid's device.



OOC:  DM, what's going on with Ymid's diagram?  Do you a skill roll?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 978 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I'll agree with Nodwin.  When we first met, I was this close," he holds up thumb and finger, a barely visible space between them, "to putting an arrow through, um, his eye, or anyway giving it my best try with whatever magic he had protecting him.  But at no time since has, um, he done anything that seems intended to do us or our world harm.

"I would watch you don't fall asleep when that little pet of his is loose, though."

Narrator
 GM, 7273 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 20:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 422):

Make an area knowledge: northport roll -4, a hidden lore: undercity lands you a +1.
Kalima
 player, 74 posts
 four armed horror
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 20:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 411):

The celestial wrinkles her brow
"Not long ago, a day perhaps, or three? Time passes differently between worlds, we fought a variety of demons, including petty ones, an As-Sharak, and a demon.of old. That had been intended to be a sacrifice by a cult... they also summoned or constructed a great tentacled thing that was slain by Ardenas here, who used magic to fling a silvered greatsword at it."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:57, Fri 17 Jan.

Ymid
 NPC, 88 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 20:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 425):

"That would be in accordance with my observation. You were displaced from this plane after meeting the damned sorcerer".
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 506 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 21:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC Nodwin made his roll.
[Private to GM: ...by 2
14:14, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  Area Knowledge Northport 13.
]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1853 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 23:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Not sure what supposed be seein here Ymid..."




Narrator:
Make an area knowledge: northport roll -4, a hidden lore: undercity lands you a +1.

OOC:

18:19, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Hidden Lore (Undercity) 12, supplemental skill check for Area Knowledge (Northport).

Meh.  But it at least got the 14 out of the system for the next roll...

18:20, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Area Knowledge (Northport) 8 (skill 12 - 4).

Double meh.

That's fine.  File the memory away for later sitting down with proper maps and time to figure out Ymid's weird 3d matrix.

Aoife
 player, 665 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 01:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 427):

"How do you know so much about us?"

Aoife asked suspiciously.
Grimaldi
 player, 578 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 01:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Well, this guy seems to literally embody the all-seeing eye."
Narrator
 GM, 7282 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 427):

Nodwin figures that if one of the points is a gate, the cluster on the same plane should be by temple hill somewhere... no clue about the other markings.
Aoife
 player, 666 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 11:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 431):

"Not so helpful for one who is all seeing..."
Mancini
 player, 308 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 21:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
(Ooc: Does Mancini understand enough to be able to translate Ymid's swiggles into a map. If so, he will pay the agreed upon rate to Jareth.)
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 979 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 21:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Looking down at the tiny redhead, Mario replies.

"I, at least, know next to nothing about you.  Yet you seem to be enemies of the doomchildren, which makes you decent folks at least in that respect.  You have a strange friend, not of this world, but I've gotten more accustomed to such presences recently."  He glances at the Ymid.

"I don't know that our purposes overlap, however.  We came to investigate because we live nearby, and doomchildren near our home need to be dealt with.

"I don't make decisions for our group, though.  That's up to Nodwin and Jareth."

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 451 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 00:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 432):

Sometimes understanding what he is saying is difficult, honey, but when he sends a mental view it can hurt! Still, he has been a help. Don't judge him on a few minutes of exposure.
Narrator
 GM, 7287 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 21:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 433):

The three-dimensional figure drawn by the Ymid appears to indicate relative distanve between gates, all of which are within the city somewhere, and several are below ground  , but without the context of say, an overlaid city map, it would be difficult to picture where, and this creature seems not to be overly concerned with Euclidean geometry.
Mancini
 player, 309 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 22:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"If this gate is within a block around here, we should look for place nearby where the signs of corruption are high. This is just a watering hole for the demons, and already it feels like it's ready to fall apart and abandoned. Now just imagine what the area nearest the gates will be like."

He turned to Kalima. "Can you still smell the corruption nearby?"

Then to Jareth. " I'm sure there will be Doomchildren to return from wherever the Hell they come from."
Kalima
 player, 75 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 22:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 437):

"The scent of demons appears to have dissipated from the immediate area."

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:31, Tue 21 Jan.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1378 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 22:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"If this place is as close as a block, it might be worthwhile to do a quick run through the alleys around, once I'm a little more rested.  I can cover a lot of ground pretty quickly."
Narrator
 GM, 7293 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 19:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 439):

Some per rolls would be in order, with complementary  Occltism or hidden lore: demons will give a +1 or better.
Grimaldi
 player, 579 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 19:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
14:45, Today: Grimaldi rolled 9 using 3d6.  research 14 (defaults at -4, 10 or less).

14:44, Today: Grimaldi rolled 14 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.
Grimaldi takes the initiative, recalling what he's learned.
Mancini
 player, 310 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 19:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini thinks about the matter and realized something of use to the group.

14:39, Today: Mancini rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception 15.
Kalima
 player, 76 posts
 four armed horror
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 19:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima also shares useful information.

14:46, Today: Kalima rolled 12 using 3d6.  Hidden lore, demons 14.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 507 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 20:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin states "I am not so worried about the immediate area.  I am more worried about the presence of doomhcildren and other demonic interactions near our living abode.  The Ymid was leading us to investigate these things when we heard the explosion and came here.  He may have been leading us somewhere else."

OOC Nowin made his perception roll by several.

[Private to GM: I recognize the gate within 1 block might just point at the bone gate.  Nodwin will thus gloss over that one.  Where the Ymid was leading them was not here, or the bone gate, but a 3rd location I think...  That's what he is interested in.

Roll for the perception:
12:57, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 9 using 3d6.  Perception 13, with possible +1's.
]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1379 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 23:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas relaxes and breathes, letting the conversation wash over him as he rests.


[Private to GM: 18:30, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 14 using 3d6.  Perception (10).  Even with Occultism that's a fail.]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 980 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 23:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario cocks his head, right hand barely caressing the fletching of his single common arrow.

[Private to GM: 18:33, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception (11).]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1856 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 01:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth is mostly keeping his eye out for any sneaky problems, less on where they might be going.  And as an aside he speaks to Nodwin...

"Pretty sure Kalima what Ymid here wanted see, figure stick with t'ese guys till sure t'e demons be rooted out an this new gate-slash-shop is locked down?"




OOC:  Keeping an eye out for weirdness and sneaksy types.

20:23, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 13 using 3d6.  Perception 15.

20:23, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  Occultism 16, complimentary roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:28, Wed 22 Jan.

Aoife
 player, 667 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 04:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 447):

"Are we done yet? Do we have somewhere next to go to deal with these things?"
Sederic
 player, 341 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 04:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 448):

"If you are trying to suggest less talk, more action, quite in agreement!"
Narrator
 GM, 7297 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 449):

@Nodwin and company: you are about a quarter mile from home.

Once out in the street, which shows definte signs of demonic oppression (the behavior of the locals,  an unseasonable chill, the tendency of shutters to open slowly on their own, the faint reek of sulpher,), there are other signs;
A scattering of dog turds laid out in a triangle with the longer angle pointing toward a couple of charcoal marks on the wall, in the same language as evil runes.
The marks seem to suggest turning the corner.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 508 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 23:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After Nodwin is done rested, and assuming the others are, he will lead them back out to the street.

OOC Assume you are changing the setting, so Nodwin will proceed as suggested.  I think we're done in the burned out tavern.  He'll wait for people to be rested before proceeding.
Mancini
 player, 311 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 08:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini leaves the tavern. After a quick search, he recognizes the signs of demonic oppression. He notices the dog turd arrow and follows it to the wall, where some evil runes are scrawled in what looks like charcoal.

After grabbing his sketchbook, he copies the runes down on the paper. He is not sure why but he feels they are to go around the corner.

He calls for Kalima and the rest of the group. "What do your demon hunting senses tell you now", he asks the minor deity.
Aoife
 player, 668 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 09:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 452):

Aoife follows Mancini out and, noticing the dog turds because she is closer to them than most, being short in stature, carefully steps around them as she follows their directions listening to Kalimas answer to Mancini.
Clarence Montague
 player, 264 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 09:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 453):

Clarence walks around in the Tavern a little longer, searching for what may be found. If the Ymid leaves, he will follow.
Sederic
 player, 342 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 09:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 454):

Sederic is happy to finally get moving.

"Not long now..." he mutters to no-one in particular.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1380 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 10:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, at least rested enough to travel, follows Mancini and company.  He frowns at the various demon signs.  "How can this kind of thing go unnoticed?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 509 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 16:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin, from where he is standing next to Kalima, is taking in the all the demonic signs himself.  It's like he was seeing them for the first time, even though he just recently walked through this very area.  With a sort of distracted response, and understanding full well the irony, he responds.

"It's a well known fact in religious circles.  There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.  You can lead people to the truth, and even explain it to them in detail.  However, if their minds are not open, and if their heart is hard, it will not matter.  You can't make them believe.  And what people choose to believe dictates what they see, and how they interpret their surroundings.  It's a sort of circle we must contend with daily as religious leaders.

I didn't notice these signs myself when we arrived at the tavern, so I was just as blind to them as the townsfolk are now.  Yet, after seeing what the Ymid showed us, and observing Kalima, I am now more sensitive to these signs.  I never had to concern myself with such things before."

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 981 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks with puzzlement at the triangle of filth and the marks on the wall.

"That looks like toddlers who got away from their mothers playing with stuff they'd get paddled for touching -- under a swatch of Sahudese gang graffiti.  I'm just not seeing how that's a sign of demon presence."
  He scans a wider area.

"Okay, a poor neighborhood.  This is just a step below what ours was before the restorations started, except the street isn't caved in.  'Elga did a great job up there, maybe someone could get her down here to do some plantings."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1857 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 23:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Ya need know what to look for before ya can see what really t'ere.  Part an parcel how demons an cults work.  Dress stuff everyday occurrence an most folk go about ignorin it.  We'll have teach t'e Veojavian refugees what to look for, have t'em keep an eye out.  Maybe pay bunch clean outwards from t'e blockhouse, block or so each direction.  Get some up t'e roofs with an eye for this stuff."

He scuffs away the soot mark and knocks the dog turds apart.

"Maybe find one t'e refugees with strong disinclination a cognitive bias, get t'em trained observational logics.  No fan Pliny's 'cabinet of curiosities', but simpler than Aristotelian practice.  Could try t'em Baconian inductive approach.  Find a copy Novum Organum first though, don't have time recite whole work.  Mental note, make sure pupil can read latin... he trails off muttering about this topic for a few minutes.
Grimaldi
 player, 581 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi follows at a casual distance, moving with a deliberate slowness.
Some guy in the street
 NPC, 1 post
 Looks a little off
 So what
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 01:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 460):

You notice an idividual around the next corner (about 20 yards off) dropping something small on the ground and spitting.

Per rolls.
Aoife
 player, 669 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 01:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Some guy in the street (msg # 461):

Aoife sees that...

"Disgusting..."

[Private to GM: Rolled 4 under perception.]
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 452 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
One of their markers?




[Private to GM:  19:05, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception. by 1 ]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1858 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Could be.  Let's casually check it out."


As they ramble in that direction Jareth will try to keep an unobtrusive eye on the shady character.




OOC:  21:31, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Perception 15.

21:35, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 6 using 3d6.  Observation 13.  Unobtrusively watching the shady figure.

Grimaldi
 player, 582 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
21:50, Today: Grimaldi rolled 6 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.
Grimaldi cooly observes the fellow with eyes gone steely, and narrowed...
Mancini
 player, 313 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 21:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
(Ooc:04:50, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Perception 15. Crit??)

Mancini notices the man drop something and  slowly moves in to see what he dropped. Mancini asks if the man can be caught for a friendly chat.

This message was last updated by the player at 21:59, Fri 24 Jan.

Some guy in the street
 NPC, 2 posts
 Looks a little off
 So what
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 12:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 466):

The individual dropped a piece of chalk. Written on the wall is "We have what you need"
Th er person initially looked like he might be a goblin, but is something that makes all three of Kalima's eyes narrow.
Mancini
 player, 312 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 15:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini lowers his voice and asks her, "What do you sense Kalima?"

As he waited, he considers the chalk and the writing on the wall. "I wonder if they expect us to take the chalk and draw a door", he says to no one in particular.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1859 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 15:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:
Some guy in the street:
Th er person initially looked like he might be a goblin, but is something that makes all three of Kalima's eyes narrow.

"Initially"?  Did he leave?  Was that "spitting" or "splitting" he did at the end?

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 510 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 16:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin, being towards the front, sees the activity from the very outset.  He watches the activity closely as he slowly proceeds in that direction.

[Private to GM: Made perception by 8
09:13, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 5 using 3d6.  Perception 13.
]
Brodak
 player, 346 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 21:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He looked at the man they were commenting on and shrugged, looked pretty normal to him.
Sederic
 player, 343 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 21:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Brodak (msg # 471):

Sederic walks up to the man.

"What is need is shit to help me with killin. Are you sure you got what I need? If so how do I get it?"
Some guy in the street
 NPC, 3 posts
 Looks a little off
 So what
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 21:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 472):


The ugly individual has a few knots on his forehead that might be vestigial horns. He had spit on the ground. He smells rank.

"I ain't got shit. Guy asked me to tag up here, he has it or can get it for ya."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 512 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 21:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Quietly Nodwin takes a bodkin bolt out of it's quiver and loads it in his pistol crossbow.  Behind someone else, so the knobby-skull'd person does not see it.  Just in case.
Mancini
 player, 318 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 22:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini listens as he formulates a strategy and tries to decide if the creature is telling the truth or just protecting his hide.

17:41, Today: Mancini rolled 11 using 3d6.  Detect Lies 13
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 982 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 23:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario, with a gentle nudge to Jareth as he passes, approaches the fellow, squints at him as if to see more clearly.

"Was that Grode, the junk dealer?  He always used to say stuff like that."
Grimaldi
 player, 583 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 23:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi looks on, with increasing bloodlust, wondering why the others aren't attacking.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1862 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 23:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"T'e guy what's got ya taggin, where's t'e shop, got some interested customers."
Some guy in the street
 NPC, 4 posts
 Looks a little off
 So what
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 01:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 478):

"Grode? Hah! He might have something you just lost, or even something  someone feels the loss of, but nah. I was taggin fer the doc, he ast me. His spot is where it needs to be, when you need it. Find any door here, even ones that ain't,  and you will find watchu need, or even what you dint know you needed. I don't  sell none of it, just do a few tings I get ast to do, for a crust and a sip or a moment of my own is all."

He is mostly telling the truth as he sees it.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1863 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 02:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"One o' t'em doors.  Gotcha."  Jareth makes a subtle gesture to show he's down with the idea and there won't be any trouble.



Then he steps a bit away from the some-part-Infernal ruffian and waves a few of his crew and Mancini's over.  "Figure door require intent on t'e seeker's part.  Gotta have legit desire to buy or it don't exist."




OOC:  21:38, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 13 using 3d6.  Gesture 15.  Making an "It's okay, we're not here to make no trouble" gesture.
Sederic
 player, 344 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 06:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 480):

Sederic thinks of something he would really like to buy. A Potion of Banishment. Yeah, that is some good stuff. He looks around for a door...

[Private to GM: Rolled a 9, Per 13. What would he roll?]
Grimaldi
 player, 584 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 09:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi lightens up, and relaxes his posture.. for the moment.
Narrator
 GM, 7341 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 20:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 481):

You notice a door frame just around the corner...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 513 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 21:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin hangs back and waits for things to develop, but does point out the door frame as people pass their attention by him.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 453 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 21:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn moves to where she can see it better and waves Brodak and Mellarill over beside her. Crotchsniffer follows Mell.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 983 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 22:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario keeps his distance, but, bow still hanging at his side, caresses the fletching of his two silvered arrows.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1382 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 22:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas holds back and raises a hand as a signal to those behind him.
Grimaldi
 player, 585 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 23:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Have we found it? Who's going first?"
Grimaldi folded his arms as if to say, "Not I."
Aoife
 player, 671 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 488):

"Come on, Kalima, lets Go!"

She moves to the door frame, and will follow behind anyone who actually enters it.
Sederic
 player, 345 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 489):

"Me. I want some blood..."

As soon as he notices the door frame, he moves to enter it, though he will be polite if Kalima wants to go first.
Narrator
 GM, 7352 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 490)
Sederic opens the door, Meikka humming in his hand, and sees a narrow set of stairs ascending perhaps higher than the building... There is a dim red light from above, and a variety of sour spicy scents.
Kalima
 player, 77 posts
 four armed horror
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 489):

The celestial squares off with the guy in the street, leveling her spear at him.
Some guy in the street
 NPC, 5 posts
 Looks a little off
 So what
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 492):

The odd fellow gulps, and disappears in a cloud of greasy, sulphurous smoke.
Sederic
 player, 346 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Some guy in the street (msg # 493):

"Up here..."

He heads up the stairs carefully...

This message was last edited by the player at 03:16, Fri 31 Jan.

Aoife
 player, 672 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 494):

"Come on Kalima. Stop worrying about the messenger! Can I hitch a ride up these stairs?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:17, Fri 31 Jan.

Grimaldi
 player, 586 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 03:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC: aren't we going, upstairs?
Grimaldi warily follows.
Aoife
 player, 673 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 03:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 496):

Corrected...my bad...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 514 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 17:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin follows them up the stairs, waving for the group and in particular the Ymid to come along.
Narrator
 GM, 7359 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 20:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 498):

the stairs are narrow and dark, and twist quite a bit, but do not seem to have any walls to either side, only void.


It will take a minute or two for everyone to get inside, and longer to get up the stairs.
Grimaldi
 player, 587 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"It appears we are within some sort of arcane sanctuary..."
Grimaldi said, as he made his way up the stairs, observing the void.
Sederic
 player, 347 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 500):

Sederic moved up the stairs carefully, looking around for danger or any writing on the stairs, stopping only to check that the others are following though.
Aoife
 player, 674 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 501):

Aoife, assuming she hitched a ride with Kalima, is still following with her?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1868 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 23:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth follows the other crew, unless Mancini's folks make it clear they don't want the extra hands.


OOC:  GM, how much resting time did we get before we cut out from the empty tavern?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1384 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 00:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas quickly lights his helmet lamp, then follows Kalima and company up the stairs.  He looks back to see if the others are following, and pauses to hold the door.

"It seems to me this door might not stay here once closed.  If you're coming, then come on."

OOC: I'll second Jareth's question; I was exhausted after putting out the fire on the beam -- and don't rest quickly like some folks.  A half hour is minimum to be able to travel.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:11, Sat 01 Feb.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 984 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 00:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario starts to follows Jareth, then stops to hold the door (allowing Ardenas to move ahead) for Brodak, Nodwin, Jocelyn, Mellarill and Crotchsniffer.  He looks at the upper nock of his bow to see if the light stone Nodwin gave him when they met is still bright.
Clarence Montague
 player, 265 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 00:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 505):

Clarence is quite willing to help out holding the light...but follows Jareths' lead.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1869 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 00:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Exactly right Barehand.  That's why I'n comin.  Can maybe open from t'e ot'er side.  An if not me, Ymid has t'e kenning."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 454 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 02:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn points Brodak toward the door and follows him closely, waving Mell and the dog in behind her.
Mancini
 player, 319 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 12:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Don't you guys think that if we all go, it will look more like an ambush than a few patrons trying to buy some magical aids?", Mancini said from the back, his voice allowing the group to hear.

"Besides, what is our plan, other than we're trying to destroy it? I'm all for the destruction, but let's use the destruction to destroy evil and enrich our pocketbooks."
Grimaldi
 player, 588 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 14:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I think they already know who we are and our intent by now, unless they're a bunch of amateurs.."
Grimaldi said cooly.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1386 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 16:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"If they were amateurs, I doubt they could manage to move their portal they way they do."
Ymid
 NPC, 89 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 20:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 507):

 A half hour had passed while parleying amongst yourselves.

"There would appear to be more than one entrance... not all exist in the same state... here also."
It points at the wall near the graffiti.
Grimaldi
 player, 589 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 21:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi looked towards the graffiti.
Clarence Montague
 player, 266 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 513):

As does Clarence...

[Private to GM: Clarence rolls his perception...]
Mancini
 player, 320 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 4 Feb 2020
at 00:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini takes the chalk he's been holding and draws a door where Ymid pointed and as instructed by the graffiti.
Narrator
 GM, 7379 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 515):

The wall fades away in the shape of a door! Rows of shelves containing books and curiosities fill the space.


[Private to Jareth Mooncalled: I was off about the gates, there is one other to the north and west, probably in artisan somewhere]

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:42, Wed 05 Feb.

Clarence Montague
 player, 267 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 19:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 516):

Clarence looks at the others, and watches.
Grimaldi
 player, 591 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 19:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Let us go forth. Destiny awaits."
Mancini
 player, 321 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 20:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini smiles grimly as the door takes shape and opens to reveal the rows and rows of assorted magical times and ingredients. "Knock knock.", Mancini says with a flourish.

Before he enters, he waits to see if any of his cohorts will come and join him.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 515 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 20:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin looks around from the stairs where he is located.

OOC Near as I can tell, we have 1 group on the stairs going into the elevated sanctuary.

The other group just drew a door on the wall, and opened it to see...  The same sanctuary?  Or something different, like a store?

Just making sure I tracked everything correctly.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 985 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Anyone else coming in?"  Mario sticks his head back out the door to look around for stragglers.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1392 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas is just behind Mancini, having left the door in Mario's charge.
Grimaldi
 player, 594 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 02:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi saunters into the shop, behind the others.
Clarence Montague
 player, 268 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 06:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 523):

Clarence will enter and light a torch if there is not already one.

"How come I could not bring my friend? This seems like a perfect place for him..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 516 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 15:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin enters the room and looks around.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 455 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 17:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
And those of us who started up the stairs?????
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1877 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 23:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn Lemru:
And those of us who started up the stairs?????

Yeah, GN, can we get a break down of who went where why (and how)?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 517 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 23:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC based on a read back 2 pages, here are the people who went up the stairs:

Aoife
Kalima
Sederic
Grimaldi
Nodwin
Jareth
Ardenas
Mario (holding the door for Brodak, Jocelyn, Mellarill, Crotchsniffer)
Jocelyn (waved Brodak and Mellaril ahead)
Clarence

The people we aren't sure of:

Mancini said something from behind, unknown if he is on the stairs
Ymid pointed at the chalk door so presumably he did not ascend

The point of confusion - After the Ymid mentioned the chalk door, the following people interacted with it:

Mancini
Grimaldi (supposedly on the stairs)
Clarence (supposedly on the stairs)

Narrator
 GM, 7386 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 02:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 528):

As said. Getting everyone on the stairs takes a minute, the chalk door was open in 30 seconds.

Definitely by the chalk: Mancini, Norman, Ymid.
Peobably waiting still: Brodak, Mellaril, Jocelyn.

Top of stairs: Sederic, followed by Grimaldi, Clarence, and Kalima.
Kalima going up would slow things down, she is large.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1878 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 03:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
Top of stairs: Sederic, followed by Grimaldi, Clarence, and Kalima.
Kalima going up would slow things down, she is large.

Jareth was following the group with Kalima.
Mellarill
 player, 184 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 03:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Hold it Jocelyn, they is doin some shit down here too...  She reaches to hold Jocelyn's robes to prevent her going up the stairs...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 456 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 03:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn says Hold It Brodak
She goes back out and looks at what Mell is looking at...

Brodak, come back here, this looks important ... she points toward the door
Brodak
 player, 347 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 03:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He stops, then comes back down and outside where he sees the door way with some of the group entering, he goes to enter with them followed by the ladies.
Mancini
 player, 322 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 07:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini enters the bookstore and peruses the items on the shelves.

02:18, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Merchant 16.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1393 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 10:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, who had thought Mancini was ahead of him on the stair, continues to the top along.
Narrator
 GM, 7388 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 535):

Occ Mancini was pming about actions.

The books and curios are very attractive  some are books omn all manner of topics, and there are many items that seem desireable, jeweled combs, fine looking knives, gilt cups, things that would make anyone's jealous heart pound... some
Seem cheap but ornate, however.


At the top of the stairs, Sederic can see a handsome fellow behind a counter with shelves behind him loaded with all manner of enticing oddments. A fellow looking like a goblin is also behind the counter, putting something on a shelf.
Grimaldi
 player, 595 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi is curious, but careful not to touch anything.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 6 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 537):

"Can I help you? We have what you need."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 518 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 17:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin looks over the shelves and checks to see if anything catches his eye.

OOC I had Nodwin as one of the first people up the stairs, but it should not matter, I think?  The store is the same, just entered from 2 different locations?

[Private to GM: As Nodwin rolled that critical on the vision from the Ymid, I was planning to take Occultism - Demons when we next get points (with your permission).  Might be good reading material here, or spells appropriate to the topic (by the grace of Vejovis...).
]

This message was last edited by the player at 17:11, Fri 07 Feb.

Clarence Montague
 player, 269 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 22:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 539):

I was not clear, but Clarence was waiting and intended to enter the chalk following Grimaldi and Jareth. I thought they were going through the chalk door, but oh well!

He ill hold the light up as others talk to the vendor, or do whatever they are doing...
Sederic
 player, 348 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 22:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 539):

"So, your potions...where do they come from and how do they work? Who are you, by the way..."

He looks over the items offered.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:42, Fri 07 Feb.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 986 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 23:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario frowns a bit, but once it's clear no one else is entering the stairway, he'll let that door close and follow the rest of the group up.
Mancini
 player, 323 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 00:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini looks around for the proprietor.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 7 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 21:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 541):

"I am a simple businessman  who runs a shop."


To the chalk squad:

You meander through the curving aisles of overstocked shelves. You can hear muffled voices, and see a yellowish looking goblin  loading brightly colored cylindrical items onto a shelf from a basket. Some of the shelvescontain peculiar items made of metal and glass or a glassy opaque material. The Ymid expresses interest in these.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:50, Sun 09 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 596 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 02:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Rather than get involved with the proprietor and staff, Grimaldi observed Ymid, out of curiosity and because he seemed to be able to analyze objects, through the magical device he held..."What are those?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:48, Wed 12 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 349 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 04:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Johan Faustus (msg # 544):

"Yes, you run a shop, but how can I be sure it does what you say? It is not like we can test them."
Narrator
 GM, 7408 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 20:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 545):

Grimaldi is at the front of the shop, the chalk squad somewhere in the back aisles.

There are, however, many interesting items on the shelves nearest to him, including a taxidermy monkey's paw inside a glass dome, a number of animal figurines, along with a great many figurines that resemble sahudese or desi deities, and a number of elaborately inlaid ornate boxes with insets of brass, silvet, and mother of pearl.

Another shelf holds metal cylinders with a wide screw top on one end, and another holds some sort of thick whitish wands with some sort of lanyard hanging from them...

There is also a display of potion bottles and jars of pastilles, and a few racks of weapons, many of which a cruel looking, but others are beautifully decorated. On the same rack are some other things you are not sure of, small black or silver l shaoed tubes, some with what look like an ivory or mother of pearl grip, and beside them are boxes of narrowbrass and silver cylinders with pointed or domed ends.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 457 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 21:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
" and beside them are boxes of narrow brass and silver cylinders with pointed or domed ends."

Do they have an on/off switch?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 519 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 22:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin is looking around for anything that looks related to the vision the Ymid gave him.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1892 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 22:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
As soon as Kalima makes into the shop, Jareth is right behind her, he'll say to her sotto voce, "Ya ken we're here deal with?  An will t'e dealin destabilize this place?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 987 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 23:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario's nose wrinkles slightly at the confusion of scents in the room, metals and naphtha and something that might be camphor, along with a faintly unpleasant pungency.

"What even is this stuff?"
  His gaze darts between the shelves of unfamiliar goods and the glimpses he can get of the goblin and the hooded proprietor.
Grimaldi
 player, 597 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 00:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Cooly surveying the merchandise, Grimaldi shows fleeting interest. He knew what they were here to do. But if a ruse was necessary, he'd go along with it. He'd let Mancini do the talking, and be ready if anything went poorly. He didn't like the fact their whole group was within the void of a sanctuary, and wondered if they could escape this place, or would they be trapped?

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 00:43, Thu 13 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 350 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 00:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 552):

Sederic is getting a little frustrated at being ignored and approaches the shopkeeper, repeating his question, sword out.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 8 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 553):

"That would depend on the item...and how badly you want it."


The boxed items Jocelyn is looking at are only a knuckle or so high.  The wands with the lanyards might be more to her liking, or the brightly colored cylindrical objects a few aisles back...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 458 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Not what I seek, but curious about what things are ... so these are more like rabbit vibrators? And with such a display, there must be a demand!
Sederic
 player, 351 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 02:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Johan Faustus (msg # 554):

"So a potion of banishment? How does my desperation change anything? That sounds like you are trying to take advantage of me..."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:41, Thu 13 Feb.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1403 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 10:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, eyes widening, listens to the escalating conversation between Sederic and the shopkeeper, and moves to a position where there is room to move, if needed.
Mancini
 player, 324 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 01:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini moves closer to the Ymid and lowers his voice. "Do you have any idea of what the goblin is stocking and its uses?"

As Mancini talked, he watched the goblin carefully, figuring out the best method of approach.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 520 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 01:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nod win likewise will ask the Ymid "What is this place?  Can you explain what this is, and where we are?  I saw people coming in, and followed them, but I would like to understand what is happening.  This makes no sense.

Also, you sent me some thought pictures earlier.  I was wondering if there was any more information on the topic to be found here.  Sometimes you just seem to know things."

Aoife
 player, 676 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 01:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 559):

Aoife comes up on Kalima's shoulder, watching her friends evaluation of the situation closely.
Clarence Montague
 player, 270 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 01:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 560):

Clarence, coming up behind Jareth, holds the lantern high, illuminating the room as they approach. He is not really sure what they are doing here, but he is following along anyway. Jareth seemed to be the strange creatures friend, and now that creature had found something that seemed nearly as strange, also with a group of adventurers, and they seemingly were traveling with them, perhaps out of morbid curiousity, to a shop that seemed to not really be here.

It all hurt his mind to think about this. So much magic. So many strange things. What was real, what was not. And then they told him he could not travel the street with his giant spider. It was not magical. Spiders were nice. They ate pests, like rats. They could make curtains for you that could trap intruders. What was there not to like about them? The world was getting stranger, no doubt about it. He began his work holding a light for people that killed pests, but things were getting more weird by the day.

And so he approached the top of the stairs...following some of the strangest creatures he had every heard of...included amoung his allies!

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Fri 14 Feb.

Johan Faustus
 NPC, 9 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 18:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 556):

"A potion of Banishment? No potions of that sort. Plenty of others, though. We do have spellstones that contain Banish. Anylize Magic or Identify spell should work if you want to check our wares. Desperation drives our best customers here!"

Ooc: not ignoring you, haven't been posting lately.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:24, Tue 18 Feb.

Ymid
 NPC, 90 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 18:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 559):

The odd creature has been intensely examining a number of items.
"Which item specifically? There are so many wonderous things here." it gestures toward a cluster of embellished wooden boxes, inlaid with brass, and then at a black oblong object made of smooth.material, and set with a number of studs marked with runes."That for example is the Lament Configuration.  The other object is a Universal Rrmote. I have three, they are noy as universal as they are advertised.   Hanging beside it seems to be a mirror that reconfigures one's reflection to be more appealing.  Look at that dashing image, and admire the beauty of this one!"
Customer
 NPC, 1 post
 Strangely dressed
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 18:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ymid (msg # 563):

A bell rings, and suddenly there is another foor opening, and a strangely attired man strides through.
"Faustus! I need more of that special stuff you sold me last time. Things are getting heavy and the world needs cleansing!"
Sederic
 player, 352 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 19:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Customer (msg # 564):

"So how much does a banishment stone cost?"

When the strange man arrives and starts demanding things, Sederic turn to him.

"Who the hell are you? Maybe you should wait in line?"
Grimaldi
 player, 599 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 19:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi cooly eyes the newcomer and Sederic.
Mancini
 player, 325 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 19:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini was about to answer the Ymid when he notices the new door and the customer entering. He eavesdrops on the customer as he racks his mind to see if he can remember where he may have seen him before.

14:23, Today: Mancini rolled 12 using 3d6.  Current Affairs (Guild)- 15.

14:22, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Area knowledge Northport 15.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1899 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 19:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:  Still waiting on Kalima to answer msg #550.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1405 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 23:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas watches the newcomer closely.

"Cleansing?" he mutters.  He looks the customer up and down, observing any weapons that might be visible, looking for holy symbols or guild badges.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 521 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 17:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin is in well over his head looking through all these magical wares.  He'll pay attention to the items on the shelves and try to find something that might be useful.  However, he really can't make heads or tails out of anything, although he does take interest in the items the Ymid points out.

"What is this "Lament Collection?"  And what use could I make of this "Universal Remote" that you pointed at?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 988 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 23:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Actually, Nodwin, I'm pretty sure it said 'Lament Configuration,', though I can't begin to say how that goes with a brass inlaid box."
Ymid
 NPC, 91 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 571):

"That item is one to avoid, unless seeking the ultimate physical experience.   The universal remote is supposed to identify and coordinate devices of technomagical nature, however it cannot corrolate all models. Very disappointing. "
Kalima
 player, 78 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 568):

"I know not what holds this place together.. that one, he is a slayer."

Mancini has never seen this man before.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 10 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 565):

"Sixty gold, or $4800. The gentleman is picking up an outstanding order."
Customer
 NPC, 2 posts
 Strangely dressed
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Johan Faustus (msg # 574):

"White oak throwing knives, ultraviolet flash bangs, andctwo pints of AB negative. "
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 11 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 21:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Customer (msg # 575):

"You have to get your own holy water, though. We don't stock that, even though I'd love to see it used against your enemies."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1900 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 21:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Kalima, this where t'e taint comin from?"
Mancini
 player, 327 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 22:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini overhears the items in the order and wonders what kind of prey this guy is hunting.

17:15, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Perception 15. Crit success!
Kalima
 player, 79 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 22:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 578):

This guy must be hunting Vampires! Incidentally, he has somewhat  protruding canines himself.

"This place reeks of demons!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:07, Thu 20 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 600 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi nods.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 989 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario's eyes are still showing white all around the iris.

"Ummm, 'ultimate' has a couple meanings, and I got a sort of feeling you didn't mean 'unsurpassed.'  I think I'll just keep my hands to myself."

He starts to drift back toward where the top of the stairs came in.
Mancini
 player, 328 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini pondered the ethics of a vampire hunting vampires. While he was not concerned for the loss of the vampires themselves, he did not want it to spill over to the innocent citizenry. Nor did he want it to be a way for this vampire to become way too powerful.

Mancini made his way to the counter. "Excuse me," he said, pushing the others behind him, "but this will only take a second."  As he made his way up, he put on an air of a ruthless power hungry tyrant. He smiled maliciously at the vampire Hunter. "You can join us if you want. We could always use one with your type of skill set."

18:44, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Acting 14.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1901 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 16:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth's voice calls up over and across the aisles, "DO NAY TOUCH ANYTHIN CALLED 'T'E LAMENT CONFIGURATION'...  OR LEMARCHAND'S BOX....  BEST JUST DON TOUCH NOTHIN!"

And then less voluminous, but still probably too loudly, "Right Kalima, 'fore t'e someone touch somethin best not be touchin, how we take this hell hole apart?"


Jareth begins checking for which pocket Akimbo is sleeping in to put hands on the little klepto and nip that mischief right in the bud.

OOC:  11:33, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  Hidden Lore (any) 11, Hidden Lore (Psi) 14, Hidden Lore (Elder Thing) 15, HazMat (Magic) 12, and HazMat (Psi) 12 if any of that matters for figuring out just how terrible this place is for the unwary...

This message was last edited by the player at 16:50, Fri 21 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 601 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 17:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi face palms, as Mancini engaged the patron. It would've been best to let this one leave, rather than involve them in their business. He was getting aggravated, and it started to show.
Customer
 NPC, 3 posts
 Strangely dressed
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 18:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 582):

"I appreciate the offer, but there is a city that needs saving. I see you brough a hunter of your own. Good luck!"

Given that the door behind him is made of brass and large panels of glass with faded golden writing...and that the view through the glass is very different  from the alley you came through, you don't think the city he mentioned is Northport.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1406 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 23:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, noticing the door for the first time (the strangely clad man who had come through it having held his attention before), sidles over toward it and examines the glass (seemingly ignoring the view).

He makes a small, vigorous "come here" motion toward Mancini.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 523 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 00:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin will also wander over to look at the door, having been warned not to touch anything by Jareth.  "What manner of magic is this, that you can see through the door?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1904 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 01:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:  20:07, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 13 using 3d6.  Akimbo, Kleptomania Self Control 12.

If he was already out of pocket before Jareth realized how dangerous this place is, he's off stealing.  If not, Jareth was grabbing him to keep him under control.

Mancini
 player, 329 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 02:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini notices Adrenas make a 'come hither' motion out of the corner of his eye. He pretends to look at something at the register for a second more, then asks the storekeeper if they happened to have a lament configuration.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1408 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 12:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas puts a vertical finger over his lips and pointedly looks toward Mancini.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 12 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 590):


"Why, yes we do... right next to Mr. LeBial's gambit, the silver chased ebony puzzle box set with mother of pearl on the shelf over there."

Jareth, make a roll, and hope you get a low result (as if it were a critical failure roll)

Through the glass door you can see smooth gray pavement with a stone border, dropping down to a less smooth black pavement, seamed and cracked with patches and potholes and scattered with some debris. To one side of the door is a large wooden pole (really an upright barkless log) by this curb, with some scraps of parchment pinned to it.
To the other side, you can see some kind of metal conveyance,  as it is resting on odd looking wheels.
Accross the black pavement anothe of these conveyances is stationed, painted mostly in yellow  with a lantern on its roof. Beyond that are a number of glass fronted brick edifices, some with glowing red writing, and others with brightly colored signs. One (with a barred gate) has a display of bottles in its window, one says "Checks Cashed" and the one with the glowing writing says "DVDs"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:24, Sat 22 Feb.

Mancini
 player, 330 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini nodded. "I think I shall go and inspect the merchandise. If it meets my expectations, I may be making a nice purchase today."

With that, Mancini trailed off towards Ardenas, making it look like he was examining various products every so often as if he was debating their usefulness in a plan he has yet revealed. Occasionally, he would add in some vague "Hmm... Yes... Intriguing..." comment.

Eventually, he was over at Ardenas, examining an object nearby. "What is it?" he asked, voice lowered.
Grimaldi
 player, 602 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 22:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Is this place some sort of crossroads, to the multiverse??"
Grimaldi said, more to himself.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1906 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 22:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Johan Faustus:
Jareth, make a roll, and hope you get a low result (as if it were a critical failure roll)

OOC:  I don't know if you wanted a low roll or a critical failure roll... but I rolled a 5.

17:52, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 5 using 3d6.  Some roll.  Probably trying to stop Akimbo getting free...


And again, waiting on reply from Kalima msg #583.

Kalima
 player, 80 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 23:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 594):

"I havr no idea how to stop the shop, but I can take demons apart. There is one now!"

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 23:26, Sat 22 Feb.

Var
 NPC, 34 posts
 Goblin servant
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 23:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 595):

At this utterance, the yellowish goblin drops the basket of metallic cylinders that have a screw on cover on the wide end, and turns and runs.
"Shit! It's the fuzz!"


At the same moment, the ferret comes bouncing over to you with a silvery key in his teeth.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:29, Sat 22 Feb.

Johan Faustus
 NPC, 13 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 23:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Var (msg # 596):

Peering down at the ferret, the shopkeeper  says
"Good choice. That would be a gold piece. Or a silver and a favor."
Grimaldi
 player, 603 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 23:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I sense more entropy, than evil, in this place..."
Sederic
 player, 353 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 11:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 590):

Sederic needs no further direction. Hearing Kalima say there was a demon his eyes quickly followed hers to the running goblin, and he took off after it like a projectile, sword ready to be sated. He probably should stop when it left the room, if it got that far, but he will only stop when he strikes it with his blade..
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1409 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 12:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Hold a moment, Mancini."  Ardenas turns his attention to Kalima, Sederic, and the escaping goblin.
Var
 NPC, 35 posts
 Goblin servant
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 14:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 599):

With his head start, and knowledge of the twinting aisles, the petty demon gets into a doorway labled "Authorized Personell Only"
Kalima
 player, 81 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 14:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Var (msg # 601):

Like a bull in a china shop,  Kalima  charges after the petty demon, knocking things from the shelves as she does, and arrives at the door on Sederic's heels.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 524 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 17:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin finds himself taken aback at the sudden rush to the door.  And after Jareth's admonishment to touch nothing, he's leery of following along.  Several aisles are now askew, and many items have been spread across the floor.  Much of the place is completely outside of anything has has experience with.  Nodwin stands there looking confused, hoping for some suggestion or direction from Jareth or the Ymid.  He's not sure where they are, or even when they are, so knowing how to act is quite confusing.

OOC This is just a little weird for Nodwin's much more secular experience.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 461 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 18:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn has watched all this quietly , holding Brodak back and keeping Mell close ... Crotch sniffer sticks to Mell like glue, as if he senses something wrong with this place.
Sederic
 player, 354 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 19:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 604):

Sederic is focused on stopping the demon from escaping, bringing his sword to bear as soon as he can.

[Private to GM: Not really sure what to roll, but rolled an 11 to attack, 7 under sword skill.]
Grimaldi
 player, 604 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 20:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I think maybe we can talk to these demons..They seem bent on fostering chaos, rather than evil, if hunters are frequenting this place. It's just that the city magistrates, The Hadereum..has asked us to find and close down this shop. This might be a good time to leave town, or relocate in the undercity, perhaps."
Grimaldi said plainly.
Var
 NPC, 36 posts
 Goblin servant
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 605):

Meikka cuts into the back of the petty demon's arm as it ducks i to a room lit by six large black candles at the points of a pentagram.clutching at its bleeding arm, the creature leaps into the pentagram and vanishes in a cloud of greasy black smoke that smells of Brimstone. As it does so, the chalk outlines and runes of the magic circle momentarily glow red, and the candles flicker.

Kalima begins to sneeze.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 14 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 606):

"The entrances to thids place appear by need and desire. If the citizenry did not want instant gratification,  we would not be here. Now, what is it that you covet most?"
Grimaldi
 player, 605 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi frowned. His heart wasn't in this yet, as far as bloodshed. This could change, depending on what happened next.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 990 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 23:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario presses himself against a shelf, to make the most room for the tall, flame-haired being to pass, and in the commotion misses what the shopkeeper says.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1410 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 23:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
With the fleeing goblin having gone out of sight, Ardenas turns back to Mancini.

"Actually, I was just going to point out that this simple looking door contains a fortune in glass!  Have you ever seen a pane this flat, never mind one so large?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1907 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 00:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth snatches up Akimbo and holds him over a shelf, "Spit that out!  It's probably cursed!"

"grrrrr chewoomph muffled chitter"

"Ya, ken by ancient pact keys are to be stolen by ferret kind, but ya stole it, now spit it out 'fore it do somethin nasty t'ya, an me by extension!"
Clarence Montague
 player, 271 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 07:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 612):

Clarence watches this picture, and misses his spider.Likely it would only try to take the goblin, rather than other pesky items. But at the talk of curses, he holds tightly to the light...
Aoife
 player, 678 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 07:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 613):

Aoife is immediately concerned when her friend starts to sneeze.

"Perhaps we should get back a bit. Do you know what is through this gate the stranger came through?" She asked, suddenly glad she was not overly curious....but she could not help wondering what was through that door. Such strange sights...
Sederic
 player, 355 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 07:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 614):

Sederic chased the demon right to the pentogram, then began cutting the candles in anger when the demon had gone...before looking around the room.
Narrator
 GM, 7447 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 21:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 615):

Sederic runs into the pentagram... and disappears!

[Private to Sederic: it is dark and very hot where you are right now.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=...lZHJ43PZOiP9gOvNb-oi
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:53, Mon 24 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 606 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 21:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
as Grimaldi began to watch the situation unfold, it become obvious to him there was no effective leadership in the group. This was quickly becoming too chaotic, with who he saw as key figures, now having lost control, or failed to command the situation now at hand.
Grimaldi waved his hand, and incanted: "Secreta Revelare!"
16:38, Today: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  see secrets ~ 14.
He was determinded to find the exits, so he'd know the way out, should there be need for haste, the way things were going.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:54, Mon 24 Feb.

Narrator
 GM, 7450 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 21:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 617):

Grimaldi notices a trapdoor behind the counter, a safe secreted behind a painting, a number of notes tucked into the binding of books, and there are two doors you can see from where you are.
Grimaldi
 player, 607 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 22:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 618):
Equipped with this knowledge, Grimaldi will determine just which doors are indeed the exits, but will keep in mind the other secrets. He tries to do this quietly, but he stumbles on the way to check out the exits. He curses: "Fie, upon this place!"
16:57, Today: Grimaldi rolled 16 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 14.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:37, Mon 24 Feb.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 525 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 22:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
As he watches the entropy in front of him unfold, Nodwin stands beside the glass door and watches the chaos happening.  The whole situation is just...weird.

Idly, he wonders if the place has any plant seeds he could purchase.  Nodwin had not seen anything he recognozed as he looked around.


[Private to GM: Pray, create a 3d Sunbolt.  Things seem to be escalating.
15:20, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 9 using 3d6.  Sunbolt 15.

He will stand there and hold it, waiting to see what happens.  He's loyal to his adventuring companions, and does not want to see them hurt.  As a selfless guy, he'll step up to defend them.  But he's curious to see what happens, and none of his people are currently in danger...  They only just met this other group, so they likely have not elicited the same loyalty.

I think you have Weirdness Magnet well covered here...

Also, Nodwin likes collecting plant seeds.  Hee's in way over his head since it's a magic store.  Still, he might just buy a couple beanstalk beans, or something equally as foolish.  Please feel free to use it as a plot device...  He did not see anything he recognized, which could make it ideal for you:
15:29, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 13 using 3d6.  Herb Lore 10.
]
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 462 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 22:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn speaks softly to her two compatriots We may need to hold this door open for everyone, be ready to fight or help keep the door open, but don't move away from here into this place.
Customer
 NPC, 4 posts
 Strangely dressed
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 23:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 620):

As
A the ferret picked up something
And
B Kalima and Sederic knocked over shit while chasing the stockboy into the back room and made him drop a box of, uh flashlights,
There isn't too much chaos

The pointy toothed customer peers over his darkened lenses at Nodwin's sunbolt.
"Neat Trick"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 526 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 23:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin looks at the man, just a bit surprised at his reaction.  Then he shrugs a bit and responds "Just a precaution, really.  I don't much understand what is going on.  People are swinging swords and chasing around...whatever that thing was.  I just happened to be looking through this...glass I think they called it?...when people started knocking over shelves.  It seemed prudent.

We mean you no malice.  Our group just happened to stop in at the same time as you.  I am but a humble disciple of Vejovis.  We are trying to cleanse our section of town from the shadow that has fallen over it, so the flock can practice in safety.  That led us here, wherever this is.

I saw you bought some interesting items.  What brings you here?"


Since he's looking at Nodwin and not the counter, it seems safe to assume the man is leaving.  Nodwin will step to the side, out of the way, lest the man think he is guarding the door.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 991 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario, not hearing sounds of struggle in the back room where the goblin, Sederic, and Kalima went, picks his way through the merchandise littering the floor to the door marked "Authorized"  and extends the top end of his bow (with the light stone attached) as he looks inside.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1911 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 02:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Seeing that Akimbo was determined to not yield his prize, Jareth carefully pulls it out of his clenched teeth.







OOC:  Jareth is wearing gloves... though if it's a cursed key there's no accounting for that.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 15 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 02:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 625):

"That key opens doors, a few times and no more. It has no special cost to it, you could drop it at any time. It is simply something desired by those curious as to what lies behind a door. You seem agitated. Would you like some complementary soothing packing material to compress? The sound is quite satisfying."
Kalima
 player, 82 posts
 four armed horror
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 02:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 624):

The dark room contains an agitated Kalima, whose eyes are red and swollen, and who is sneezing uncontrollably., and a chalked magic circle and pentacle with five tall black candles at the points. The air is hazr and smells of brimstone. There is no sign of Sederic or his quarry.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 992 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 10:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Sorry, I don't carry a kerchief I could offer.  Perhaps you should go back to the main room, where there's better ventilation.  Where did Sederic and the goblin get to?"
Sederic
 player, 356 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 10:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 627):

Sederic looks around... looking for his quarry, and trying to work out where he is...
Aoife
 player, 679 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 10:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 629):

Aoife goes to see what ails Kalima...
Mancini
 player, 331 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 04:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 611):

Mancini nods at the glass door, amazed at the skill it must have taken and it's value. "As interesting as it is," Mancini began, lowering his voice,"we need to deal with that store owner. I made a mistake hiring those spellswords. Sederic is too full of bloodlust, and Grimaldi seems only in it for himself. Not to mention all these extra hands have sent my original plan straight to hell."

Mancini shrugged. "I would like you to find a spot you can attack that demonic shopkeeper if need be. I will distract the shopkeeper. I need  Norman to sneak up on him and put a nice silver plated sword at his back."
Grimaldi
 player, 608 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 06:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I can't imagine working for the guild, and not being in it for myself. But, you're alot like somebody else Sederic and I worked for. I'm Getting out of here. Good Luck, with this mess."

Grimaldi, having found the exits, leaves them, and those foolhardies, behind.
*heading back to guild*
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1412 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 10:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas whispers back to Mancini.

"I don't think the shopkeeper himself is a demon.  Kalima went after the goblin, not him.

"Now, there's something very strange about this shop, but I'm not at all sure it's evil, in and of itself.  Like any tool, it may be useful for good or for ill."

Clarence Montague
 player, 272 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 10:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 633):

Clarence walks over to Mancini.

"So what was your original plan?" I don't really think we had one. Just coming along to see what is here. I wonder what that other world is like?? Do you think we could go there for a look?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 527 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 15:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin agrees with the assessment of the shop.  "This place seems like it's just a shop, although it has a much larger variety of items.  Swords you purchase can be used for good or for bad.  They are only tools.  Maybe this shop is similar in use?  I would have to understand the items being sold here to have any more of an opinion."
Narrator
 GM, 7457 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 20:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
The runes and circle on the floor in the room with Kalima start to glow

[Private to Sederic: go to Oh Hell, no!]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 993 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario holds position at the door (to one side as much as possible while maintaining a clear shot at the circle), bow raised, right hand hovering near the fletching of his silvered-head arrows.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1413 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I don't know if that's a good idea, Clarence.  It took some effort to find this place in Northport, and we know our city.  We don't know whatever place is outside here.  I'd hate to get lost in a place where I might not even speak the local language."

[Private to GM: 18:55, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception (10) to pick up on Mario's alert status.]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1917 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 02:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth shakes the key free onto a shelf, "Nay, I need not for such key, already have some fy own."

He deposits Akimbo in a pocket, "Now ya stay t'ere, this place dangerous," and he keeps a hand on the pocket.

He ambles towards the counter keeping his tone light and open, "Yer help was demonic?  Of that persuasion yerself?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 273 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 05:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 638):

"This other guy seems to come here a bit. I am guessing he knows the way...hey Mister, If I come back with you for a time, can I see a bit of your world and then come back? I can create sunlight indoors..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 528 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 15:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin shakes his head in response to Clarence.  Quietly, sort of under his breath, he tells his friend "I don't think that's a good idea.  But if you go I'll come along."
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 16 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 20:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 641):

"Good help is hard to find. Some things here directly involve that kind...other items are simple cash sales "

Ooc: Grimaldi,  which exit did you use?
Grimaldi
 player, 609 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 22:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC: After determining where they were w/ magic, Grimaldi heads back down the exit, where the stairs were.
Customer
 NPC, 5 posts
 Strangely dressed
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 03:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 640):

"Come if you are coming, man. Door don't stay forever."
Clarence Montague
 player, 274 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 03:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Customer (msg # 644):

"I will come if you can help me get back. Will you?"

He moves towards the door...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1414 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 10:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas puts a hand on Clarence's shoulder.

"I wouldn't.  But if you do, be careful."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 529 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 16:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin follows Clarence, with a nod towards Ardenas.  "You could come too, if you are also curious about what's behind that door."
Customer
 NPC, 6 posts
 Strangely dressed
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 647):

"Hopefully the shop will be there when I need, and you can work out a way back. If not, I know a guy"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1919 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 20:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Aye mate, sometimes good help hard summon up..." he pats the pocket he's holding shut from which issues a muffled squeaking and chuffing.

"But notice ya skip t'e last question, which be off interest t'e four armed divine finish up sneezin an comes out here.  So, 'fore she get all hot an bot'ered to run ya through wit'out nary say in, ye demonic or just practitioner?"
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 17 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 20:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 649):

"I only work for them, and only need to engage them when serious requests are made. On the other hand, the local workers  pass through here as they see fit."


Kalima staggers out of the room with the candles...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1923 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Understood.  Fy patron can be tryin at times too," Jareth commiserates.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1415 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Curious, yes, but I'm tied up with Mancini's business at present, along with Aoife and Oly."  He pauses and looks around the shop, as if to verify that Oly is actually here somewhere.  "If that business takes us through this door...  But it won't.  Kalima is a demon hunter, and we're hunting demons for the Hadereum."
Oly
 player, 1182 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 02:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly has gone into his 'don't be obvious" mode...  he has looked at a lot of stuff and is several aisles away from Ardenas ... but he has decided he won't touch anything.  He isn't sure, but he just gets bad vibes from everything here, and smart smugglers listen to those vibes.  He heads for the door they came in, slowly so as to not raise any interest, but he wants to be near the exit.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 994 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 11:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario, having looked over the back room with its pentacle and candles, turns back toward the main shop.

"Jareth?  The goblin and that sword guy we just met seem to have got away, but I don't see a door."
Ymid
 NPC, 92 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 12:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 654):

"A gate has been opened here; It appears to be in use again... and there is this one, of course." the Ymid gestures to the glass door.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 995 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 1 Mar 2020
at 00:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"A gate?  In use again?!"  Mario raises his bow, which had drooped while his attention was on a different problem.  His fingers brush across the fletching of the two silvered arrows in their quiver.

"Any way to tell if it's incoming?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1926 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 1 Mar 2020
at 01:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Mario, be ready shoot this guy," he points his thumb at the shopkeeper he's been idly chatting with, "if look like he's 'bout make trouble.  Try not to kill 'em, might be what's keepin this place toget'er."

Jareth moves towards the backroom Kalima just came from and the demon and Sederic disappeared into.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 996 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 1 Mar 2020
at 11:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario shifts to ensure that the shopkeeper can't use cover.  "A knee, you think?  Or a foot?"  He makes a show of looking at the man's footwear.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1928 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 1 Mar 2020
at 13:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Shoot wherever ya think best, just don't shoot unless have to.  If not demon he can still repent t'e infernalism... or whatever Kalima require."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 998 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 00:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks at the shopkeep.

"I don't have anything against you.  Let's keep it that way."

Mancini
 player, 332 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 00:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 635):

In a lowered voice, Mancini begins, "You are right that a lot of the items can be used for good or ill. But I ask you to consider a few things as well. One, we definitely don't want to aid those spreading mischief in these parts by allowing an easy source of supplies. Two, it is said the easiest place to hide something is in plain sight. Just because most of these things seem mundane, though curious, doesn't mean they all are. Do you know what all the items are, or all possible uses? Three, this place is pure chaos. Chaos is like a forever splitting fire. You put one bit out, and another flame springs to life. Even if you manage to put it out, the devastation is massive. Not to mention that while you have been dealing with the fire, your defenses have been left underprotected from the forces of evil."

He turns towards Clearance, voice still low, "The original plan was for me to enter with a few more unsavory types and place a locator within the shop. Then, return later and capture the shopkeeper with the aid of reinforcements and alert the Haedereum. At the time, it was a group of four... Now it seems half of Northport is crashing at the Devil's bookstore."
Clarence Montague
 player, 275 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Customer (msg # 648):

Clarence, not to bright, considered and then responded.

"Lets go then!"

He follows the stranger.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 532 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 16:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin states "I will go with you, but we have to come back soon.  I have a flock to lead."

Nodwin follows Clarance and the stranger.

[Private to GM: Maybe overplaying the curiosity, but the store is just confusing to Nodwin.  Not a comfortable place for him.  And he has to keep Clarance safe.  No one else seems at risk, but the unknown might be dangerous. ]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1417 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 23:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas reaches out a hand -- and then lets it fall.

"Good luck, you two.  Anyone else going with you?"
Kalima
 player, 83 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 16:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 664):

Kalima stumbles out of the back room, her eys red and watery.


The shopkeeper,  hearing Jareth and Mario, sighs and slips on a bracelet made of tiny shields
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1931 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 22:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Kalima, you see where Sederic an t'e demon disappear to?"
Aoife
 player, 680 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 665):

Aoife tries to see if she can help her friend.
Kalima
 player, 84 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 21:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 667):

"That evil smoke got in my eyes. Does anyone have holy water?"
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 18 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 21:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 668):

"As I said to the other gentleman,  management frowns on us stocking that, but I could offer you some Benadryl if you want... we can negotiate a price to your satisfaction, I am sure."

There is a faint rumble from the back room, and a smell of hot metal, scorched oil, and rotten milk.
Ymid
 NPC, 93 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 21:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Johan Faustus (msg # 669):

"It would seem that we have a guest who was not specifically invited. Tell me more about this product. Where does it hail from?"

It peers at the brown glass bottle the shopkeeper is holding...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1001 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 23:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario's attention becomes divided once more.  "Uh, Jareth?  I think we have a guest."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1932 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 00:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth backs away from the door, "Kalima, this guy more your type than mine!"
Mancini
 player, 333 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 18:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Having caught on that the shopkeeper is now wearing a new bracelet, and fearing it meant something bad for the group, Mancini  lowers his voice so that only Jareth can hear.

"The shopkeeper has some new jewelry. Maybe your ferret needs to take a closer look."

Meanwhile, Mancini goes and inquires about the Benydrl.

13:03, Today: Mancini rolled 16 using 3d6.  Merchant 16.
Norman
 player, 19 posts
 Guard
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 18:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Meanwhile, Norman stealthily approaches the shopkeeper from the shopkeeper's back side.

23:31, Tue 25 Feb: Norman rolled 9 using 3d6.  Stealth 12.
Oly
 player, 1184 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 21:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly too moves to see if he can lift it ... but notes Norman in the way, so he stops to watch.  Wonder if he has any skills or is just gonna bump him onna head? he wonders
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1003 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 23:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario continues dividing his attention, trying to watch both the back room doorway, and the shopkeeper.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 19 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 673):

"The potion is otherworldly, and relieves itching, swelling, and anaphalaxis, offering relief from allergic symptoms, but may cause drowsiness. Do not operate heavy mill machinery or clockworks."

Mancini sees the value of such an item, as being roughly the value of a healing potion, and ideal as something to make use of when entering an area with itching smoke.

Norman successfully creeps behind him.

Meanwhile something slams open the back door, and the metallic, musky and sour scent becomes stronger.  Even with her bloodshot, watery eyes and runny nose, Kalima starts sniffing at it purposefully, and readies her spear.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1936 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 23:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth just makes sure that Kalima is between himself and the room and that there is enough room for her to maneuver with running into him... then he tries to get a look into the room.
Khozapukt
 NPC, 11 posts
 Bat winged demon
 With bill hook
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 23:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 678):

A massively built monstrous demon with horns and bat wings, its body covered with scales and spines glares malevolently at you. It carries a viciously spiked and hooked dueling bill.

As it spots Kalima, It cries out in a deep penetrating voice


"Here I come to pass through, and the Bitch is here waiting! Die you miserable celestial scum! Feel my blade in your heart!"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:31, Sun 08 Mar.

Mancini
 player, 334 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 00:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"How much is it?" Mancini replies,  reaching for his coin purse.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 20 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 00:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 680):

"That depends. I could sell it to you for four silver, or I could sell it to you for 1 copper piece if you would slip this folded piece of paper into the town crier's bundle, or you could have it for free if you slap a child for no reason. Most of management's other assistants cannot due such a thing to an innocent. You look like the sort that would pay cash, so 4 silvers it is."
Mancini
 player, 335 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 01:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini is offended by the shopkeeper's implication, but he instantly sets the feelings aside.

"Here is the coin you requested", handing over the four silvers. Mancini immediately hands the medication to Kalima.

"It will help with whatever happened when you chased that stocker demon."
Oly
 player, 1185 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 02:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly slips in behind the counter behind Norman and looks at what is under the counter...
Kalima
 player, 85 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 682):

the celestial takes the bottle with one hand, opens it with another, and braces her spear against the charging demon with the other two.



Oly sees an interesting variety of things under the counter, including what seems to be a pair of metal rods with a wooden handle and a metal loop.  next to that is a locked box, chained down three times over, several scrolls, and a writing kit with a quill and a small silver knife.  several stacks of  identical closely written papers are in a pile.  You notice another pile of woodcut printed flyers with marked with a red blood drop in a white circle.
Oly
 player, 1186 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 05:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
None of this interests him enough to pick it up, but he keeps looking ...
Aoife
 player, 681 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 05:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 685):

Aoife, quicky casts Mystic Mist (Radius 2) with Kalima and herself in the mist, and as many others other than the demon as well...

[Private to GM: Rolled 5, critical success!]
Norman
 player, 20 posts
 Guard
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 08:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
As quietly as possible, Norman grabs the storekeeper and grapples him.

04:18, Today: Norman rolled 8 using 3d6.  Wrestling 12.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1004 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 17:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario, making an immediate threat assessment, swivels on his good foot to bring his bow to bear on the demon threatening Kalima.  His right hand brushes the fletching of his silvered arrows and brings one to the bow, drawing even as it settles on his left thumb and releasing as soon as he reaches full draw.

[Private to GM: 12:52, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 14 using 3d6.  Fast Draw (Arrow) (15).
12:53, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 5 using 3d6.  Bow-1 to ready arrow to bow in no time (18-1=17).
12:58, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 12 using 3d6.  Bow (17+ Acc [3
] - Vitals [3] - range).
12:59, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 7 using 1d6+2.  Damage (impaling = x3 in Vitals).]
Mancini
 player, 336 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 00:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini begins pleading with the Divine good and neutral beings on behalf of his group to give him the strength to dispel the demon. He knows how capricious many of the divine beings tend to be, and finding one may take time. Yet, if the rest of the group can weaken the demon some, then one of the celestials might deign to grant his request....


20:14, Today: Mancini rolled 7 using 3d6.  Will 15, to perform exorcism Minute 1.
Oly
 player, 1187 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 02:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly is just opportunistic ... If the storekeepers right arm appears, he grabs it and relieves him of the bracelet of shields ... he also looks for things under the counter down here, money, perhaps a knife or something... a wand, who knows what this guy has.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 22 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 13:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 690):


"Hey, none of that talk in here!"
The storekeeper is slightly distracted by Mancini, and by Norman snatching him around his arms.
 Oly can filch any of the items under thr counter I mentioned (or pickpocket the bracelet)

Meanwhile, Mario's arrow strikes true, but rebounds from the demon's belly with a loud Clang! His hide is like steel!
Immediately after, he is obscured by pearlescent mist, as are Aoife and Kalima.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 538 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 14:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin steps through the door and sees Mario's arrow bounce off...something obscured by mist.  Mancini is chanting, and the person behind the bar just said something to him, but Nodwin missed it.

Nodwin steps aside to let the door close while checking on the people he has been traveling with.

OOC Nodwin will make sure Jareth, Mario, Mellaril, and everyone else is not in danger.

[Private to GM: Remember he has a Sunbolt in his hand, conjured a few rounds back before he went through the door.  It seemed prudent for him to just hold on to it, given everything.  He will continue to do that for now.

As the player, I know all hell has broken loose.  Nodwin is getting oriented to the current state of crazy.
]
Aoife
 player, 682 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 19:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 692):

Aoife was specifically trying to keep the demon OUT of the mist, and get everyone else! Surely that was possible?

quote:
Aoife, quicky casts Mystic Mist (Radius 2) with Kalima and herself in the mist, and as many others other than the demon as well...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:14, Wed 11 Mar.

Mancini
 player, 337 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 21:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini continues his pleadings with the celestials, asking for aid against the demon.

17:26, Today: Mancini rolled 7 using 3d6.  Will 15, to perform exorcism Minute 2.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1005 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 09:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario's eyes widen as his arrow rebounds and the mist rises.  He reverses his stance to once more cover the shopkeeper.

"Jareth, silver arrow did nothing there."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1938 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 10:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth's eyes glaze over and he seems to lose focus on what he is doing, "T'e Elliniká word daemon be guidin spirit, not devil of Triunist doctrine.  Suggestions are demons arose from misreadin t'e Aggadah which instruct of malevolent spirits..."

He shakes himself and looks around regaining his sense of place, "Why everythin smell like Zoroastrianism..."




OOC:  06:09, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Hidden Lore (Demons) 11.  The big guy.

06:10, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 8 using 3d6.  Will 15, resisting Psionic backlash (JoaT).

Oly
 player, 1188 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 20:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly fiddles with the braclet ...


[Private to GM: Yowzers!!  13:31, Today: Oly rolled 15 using 3d6.  Pick pocket. Just made it !!!  15's are getting common.]
Narrator
 GM, 7521 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 11:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 693):

The demon is on the far side of the mist. You said centered on you and Kalima, that gives you only 3 yards without including the demon. That leaves the rest of the group on the other side of the mist, and they cannot see through it, so until the demon goes around the mist or through,  he is obscured by it, and the assorted two to three yard high shelves.

Oly is able to slip the bracelet off the shopkeeper's hand as he struggles with Norman.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1939 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 14:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
In reply to Aoife (msg # 693):

The demon is on the far side of the mist. You said centered on you and Kalima, that gives you only 3 yards without including the demon. That leaves the rest of the group on the other side of the mist, and they cannot see through it, so until the demon goes around the mist or through,  he is obscured by it, and the assorted two to three yard high shelves.

OOC:  Jareth was 'right behind' Kalima, trying to give her breathing space to fight, but also trying to be close enough to see into the room and to make a mad dash into the room if necessary.

Was he covered by the Mist or just too far away?

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 540 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 15:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC Also, Nodwin has a Sunbolt in hand, but I assumed the demon was obscured so he has not chucked it.  Let me know when the demon is visible.  Seeing Mario firing an arrow, he knows something is going on.  Just not exactly what.

[Private to GM: Nodwin will expand the Sunbolt by 3, making it a 6d sunbolt.
09:43, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 13 using 3d6.  Sunbolt 15 to enlarge.

Don't know how to link, but he created the original one in msg #620 re: Hunting for a specialty shop
]
Narrator
 GM, 7525 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 18:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 699):

Jareth, Aoife, and Kalima are all in the mist
Oly
 player, 1189 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 19:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly drops the bracelet in a pocket and takes several of the scroll and puts them in his booty bag, then heads for the door by Jocelyn.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 464 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 19:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn and her little group move to the aisle so they can see what is happening.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1009 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 21:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario, once more positioned for a shot on the shopkeeper (while listening hard to anything happening in or past the sudden patch of mist), addresses the hooded man Norman is holding.

"Is that yours?  Or will you help us fight it?"  He jerks his head in the direction of the back room door to indicate what he's talking about.
Aoife
 player, 683 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 21:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 703):

Ah, that is right then. As long as he was not native. Aoife will create a lightning bolt...

[Private to GM: Rolled 8 under skill to cast. Have not attacked yet...]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1421 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 21:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas starts maneuvering around the mist and shelf units, trying to reach the back room door to get behind the demon.


[Private to GM: 17:48, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Thaumatology (11) to recognize Aoife's spell.
Starting concentration for Power Blow.
]
Mancini
 player, 338 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 23:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini continues to plead.


19:54, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Will 15, to perform exorcism Minute 3.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 23 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 01:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 707):

Mancini is closer to 10 seconds in.

Ardenas recognized the mist, but cannot see the lighting bolt

The large demon howls at the mist, and knocks things from one of the shelves.

The shopkeeper struggles against Norman's grip
"Only part time. He works mostly for Arthur the damned leprechaun!"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1010 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 13:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Arthur?  Leprechaun?!"  Mario shakes his head.  "Okay, how do we get rid of the demon before he and that Hunter lady wreck the place?"
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 24 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 19:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 709):

"I am obligated not to directly state anything about his potential weaknesses."
Norman
 player, 21 posts
 Guard
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 20:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"In other words, he's in league with 'em. Probably pushes the stuff on the 'elves, gets poor sucker to make a deal witha devil, gets some favor in return for bein' da middleman."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1940 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 23:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth continues to eye the room beyond the big demon, waiting to see if Sederic makes a return...  and waits for Kalima to figure out what she is doing.
Oly
 player, 1190 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 23:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Oly slides past behind Nodwin and goes over by the door ...  Jocelyn, are we ready do leave now?
Clarence Montague
 player, 286 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 07:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 713):

Clarence steps back in after Nodwin, and immediately notices all hell breaking loose! Seemingly literally. Well out of his depth, he heads over to where Nodwin and Oly are.

"Has our tourist friend had enough just yet? I think it was safer in the other unknown world..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1422 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 10:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas works his way around the mist, to get close to the back room doorway, with the demon between himself and the mist.

[Private to GM: Continuing concentration on Power Blow -- round 2?]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1011 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 10:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"He works for you, at least part time.  Can you just send him back to wherever he came from?"
Ymid
 NPC, 95 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 00:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 716):

"If he cannot respond to a direct question, perhaps he can respond to an indirect one, for example, if Nodwin here was this demon, what with, and where should he not wish to be attacked?"
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 25 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 00:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ymid (msg # 717):

"If I were Nodwin, I should like to keep my eyes and mouth covered, abd to avoid holy things."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1012 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 09:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Eyes and mouth, holy things."  Mario snaps his fingers.  "Nodwin, got any holy water?"

Mario swivels away from the shopkeeper and starts maneuvering for a clear shot at the demon.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 541 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 16:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin focuses on the mist, knowing that whatever is behind it seems to be bad.  However, while focusing in that direction, he is able to answer Mario.

"I have 4 bottles on the webbing over my chest.  They are grenade bottles, designed to break when they hit something.  I don't have a hand free, however, so you'll have to pull one off yourself."

OOC  Nodwin has his staff in one hand and a ball of energy in the other.  He can't pull off the holy water on his own, so he is asking Mario to do it for him.

[Private to GM: Nodwin is aiming at the mist, and waiting for something obviously bad and not Kalima to step out from behind it.  Also, he should be down 4 fatigue from his casting of Sunbolt.  ]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1013 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 21:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Gotcha, I need both hands for the moment, too.  I've got one more silver arrow, but if you can stay close to me, one or the other of us ought to be able to grab a bottle and use it before long."

Mario continues maneuvering, trying to get a clear shot at the demon around the mist.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:59, Mon 16 Mar.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 542 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin will nod his head and stay close to Mario.
Mancini
 player, 339 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 02:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: Time?
Clarence Montague
 player, 287 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 07:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 721):

"I um not the best throw, but there is enough light that I can put my flail on the table and free up one hand."

He puts the flail on the table and pulls out his shield, which also sheds light, and readies that. Well, begins to...it will take a bit...
Aoife
 player, 684 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 07:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 724):

Aoife targets the demons face with her lightning bolt...before stepping back behind her friend.

[Private to GM: Rolled 11 under skill to hit, -5 for face still hits by 6. 4 damage. HT-2 to avoid stun]
Khozapukt
 NPC, 12 posts
 Bat winged demon
 With bill hook
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 11:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 725):

The demon, while apparently unharmed,  is stunned.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1946 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 05:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Kalima, if ya can push t'e demon back to t'e gate, I can send an seal it for so long as we be here..."

Jareth begins chanting in Eldritch, "Ondos'aōha āek'kessa, ph'nglui mglw'nafh, Yog-Sothoth; stell'bsna y'wgah'n ch'nglui..."

[Private to GM: "By your will lord, gone though not forgotten, Yog-Sothoth; I ask/pray you grant control over this travel threshold..."]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1014 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 08:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario continues maneuvering, trying to get a clear shot at the demon.
Kalima
 player, 86 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 11:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima attacks the demon with her spear.

"Die, scum of hell."

06:59, Today: Kalima rolled 9 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

06:56, Today: Kalima rolled 6 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 543 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 15:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC  As soon as the demon is visible behind the cloud Nodwin will aim a second and fire his missile.  I assume he and Mario have been sidestepping to get an angle on whatever is there.
Aoife
 player, 686 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 19:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 730):

Aoife adds a spell to the mix, on Kalima!

[Private to GM: Castes great Haste, Critical success! rolled 4...does that mean no cost for either of us at the end?]
Narrator
 GM, 7559 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 731):

Second 7 for exorcism. It is making the shopkeeper  frantic.

Aoifie roll again, and hope for another crit!

Kalima's higher purpose makes that a crit, and her speat strike bypasses the demon's scales to do a grevious blow!

Nodwin can just see him in the distance, take your shot!

There is a great rumbling as the Way, the Gate and the Key responds to the plea!


Make a roll for that

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:21, Sat 21 Mar.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1949 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 22:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
There is a great rumbling as the Way, the Gate and the Key responds to the plea!

Make a roll for that

OOC:  Less making a plea than "fancifully casting a 10 second casting time spell psionic power"... but if we're in one of those places were the boundaries between what and what isn't is thin enough it's fine if we open the way.

18:05, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Opening the way?

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1017 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 23:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Frustrated with the situation, Mario takes matters in hand.  He snatches a globe of holy water from Nodwin's harness and tosses it, high and soft, near the ceiling.  As it rises, his hand brushes past the fletching of his ordinary arrow, bringing it to the bow, drawing, and releasing just as the vial's flight passes its peak.

[Private to GM: 18:53, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 9 using 3d6.  Fast Draw (Arrow) (15).
18:53, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 12 using 3d6.  Bow-1 to ready arrow to bow in no time (18-1=17).
18:57, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 10 using 3d6.  Bow (17+ Acc (3) -Size (9)).
18:59, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 7 using 1d6+2. Should shatter the vial and shower the contents over the demon.
]
Mancini
 player, 340 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 23:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
(ooc: Does Mancini need to make an exorcism roll?)
Kalima
 player, 87 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 23:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima uses the chaos to take another stab at the demon with her spear.

19:47, Today: Kalima rolled 12 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Aoife
 player, 687 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 19:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 736):

Aoife rolled pretty well on her second roll, but not a crit.

[Private to GM: Crit confirming was 9 under skill..11]
Khozapukt
 NPC, 14 posts
 Bat winged demon
 With bill hook
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 20:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 736):

Needed: damage roll for spear
        2d6 roll for holy water damage

Kalima gets another attack, neither of you lose any fatigue, although a parry vs the incoming swing of the demon's polearm, 9 pts cutting if not defended against.

The gate is glowing hot, and the flames burning the candles quickly!

Mancini is trying to exert his will and that of the gods, although the sanctity is low, there are some noticeable effects....
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 26 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 20:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Khozapukt (msg # 738):

The shopkeeper 's appearance shifts, and he is revealed to be a frail, sallow faced hunchback with warty hands and an overbite!
A few items near the counter lose their lustre, some gold is revealed to be tin, gems glass, and weapons rusted.
Ymid
 NPC, 96 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 20:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 727):

<purp lip e>"What have you done? That gate is the substrate of this demi-plane!?"</purple>
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1954 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 22:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth looks surprised but he keeps chanting, louder, more confidently, "...se naejot maghagon Sederic hen bugagl se n'gha'ch' hen ebumna'grah'n rȳ bisa ngluigg..."

Akimbo slips free from the pocket and effortlessly scales Jareth to perch on his head bobbing and weaving to the cadence.

[Private to GM: "...and to bring Sederic from the place he went and to cease the travel (literally "death of travel") of the pit-larva through this threshold-realm...."]

OOC:  If anyone else speaks Eldritch, just let me know and I'll cc you into the translations...

This message was last edited by the player at 04:31, Mon 23 Mar.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 544 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 02:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin throws his missile.

OOC Unknown if he hits because I don't know the range.

[Private to GM: Attack:
19:56, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 10 using 3d6.  Base 12, +3 aim, - whatever the range is.
20:39, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 25 using 6d6.  Damage - sunbolt 6d6 -6 piercing.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:40, Mon 23 Mar.

Aoife
 player, 688 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 06:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Khozapukt (msg # 738):

Is that Aoife or Kalima who needs to dodge?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1019 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 09:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario indulges in a fist pump as the holy water showers down over the demon.

[Private to GM: 05:14, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 10 using 2d6.  Damage for holy water shower.]
Norman
 player, 22 posts
 Guard
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Norman, sensing the trouble going on around the place, "Oly, ya got any rope for our friend 'ere", referring to Johann
Kalima
 player, 88 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: For last round, 08:04, Today: Kalima rolled 8 using 2d6+1.  Damage

Kalima sees the demon's attack, and using a little effort is able to intercept and deflect the attempt.

"Damn you into oblivion, you vile filth."

With that, she slammed her spear forward and towards the demon's body.

09:28, Today: Kalima rolled 10 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

09:28, Today: Kalima rolled 9 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).

09:20, Today: Kalima rolled 10 using 3d6.  Parry 10 (+2 for Extra Effort=12).)
Mancini
 player, 341 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini continues praying and pleading with the gods, pleased with the small signs he is seeing around him.
Narrator
 GM, 7564 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 20:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 747):

There is a flash light and a roar of an explosion as the Authorized Personnel Only door is ripped from its hinges after the candles burn down completely. Strange goods are flung from thr shelves by the blast.
As the sulpherous smoke clears, you see Sederic and  and a small demon draped over the shelves, and there is s humming sound as a small pitchfork embedded in one wall vibrates.


[Private to Sederic:make a roll (weirdness magnet)]

[Private to Jareth Mooncalled:maje a roll, just show me the result (weird effects,  not spell failure)]
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 545 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 20:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC Did Nodwin's missile land?  I was late answering you in the tnread, I know, but got something short up last night.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1955 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 20:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:  16:51, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Weird Effects roll.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1020 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 22:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario turns to the Ymid.

"Do we need to clear out instantly?  Or is it already too late?"
Oly
 player, 1192 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 00:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Norman (msg # 745):

Zorry, nod wid me.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1426 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 09:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas pulls a hank of rope out of his belt.  "Norman!  This should be enough for that."  He moves over by Norman to help with holding or tying.

OOC: 10 yards of 3/8" rope, 300 lb strength.  Don't recall why I have such a short piece.
Khozapukt
 NPC, 15 posts
 Bat winged demon
 With bill hook
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 14:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 749):

Knocked back by the sunbolt, and burning from the holy water, the demon is staggered!

Behind it, black tentacles curl out of the APO doorway, warping the doorframe and buckling the wall.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 546 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin prays again, asking for Vejovis' intercession and aid.

[Private to GM: Make another Sunbolt, sidestep towards the exit.
10:29, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 13 using 3d6.  Nodwin 3d Sunbolt - 15.
]
Sederic
 player, 382 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 755):

Sederic looks to see if his sword returned to him before he got through the gate...as he climbs down from the shelf!

[Private to GM: Weirdness Magnet roll of 7.]
Clarence Montague
 player, 288 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 756):

Clarence looks around, trying to understand what the hell is going on in the mayhem!
Aoife
 player, 689 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 757):

Aoife casts another spell, again electrifying her staff...though it seems a little different.

Shocking touch, rolled 10 under to cast spell, will put 6d into spell (max) costing 4 fp...
Norman
 player, 23 posts
 Guard
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Norman looks over at Ardenas, "'Hanks Ardenas. Don't want our f'iend 'ere eacapin' in da chaos."
Mancini
 player, 342 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini continues praying for the demon's demise.
Mancini
 player, 343 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 20:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
At the next available opportunity, Kalima will attack the demon with her spear.

15:59, Today: Kalima rolled 9 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

15:59, Today: Kalima rolled 13 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 465 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn is totally unsure of what is happening , her view is blocked by shelves and people but the smoke, noise and otherthings leave little doubt that things are going to pot quickly, Crack that door Mell, we may have only seconds to run.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1427 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
While helping Norman, Ardenas spares the attention to look around for exits -- there were three a moment ago, the one with the glass that Nodwin and Clarence went out of and came back in, the stairway, and the street level door.  He checks to see which (if any) of those are still accessible.

He can see Mancini chanting, Norman is right at hand, and Oly was in reach a moment ago.

"Aoife?  Kalima?  Are you alright in there?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1021 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Jareth!  What is that?!"  Mario's bow covers the demon and tentacles by the splintered wall that used to contain the back room door, fingers hovering by the fletching of his remaining silver tipped arrow.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1956 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 02:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"...konir sagon daor ya'skoros..." Jareth trails off from chanting.

"Eh, Mario? Oh t'e ahhhhh, doorway?  That be The Gate and The Key, The Seal and The Way, That Which Came Before, Shall Be Again After, Is Ever Present; an what don't actually exist our space bein showy an overly dramatic.  Suspect don't get many audiences what can appreciate t'e effort."

He grabs Akimbo before he can runoff.

[Private to GM: "... that is not what I..."]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1022 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 08:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Right, of course," he shakes his head sharply, as if to clear cobwebs, "but should I be shooting it?"
Narrator
 GM, 7578 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 766):

The tentacles, like treeroots, stiffen as  the rear wall of the pentagram room slams into the doorway and struggles to push its way through.the walls and floor are starting to warp, and the shelves are shaking odd items loose.

Sederic sees Meikka  beside him, and as he reaches for it a jar falls and splashes on him, and his hair becomes lusterous and grows about hslf a foot, including facial hair and his eyebrows and lashes are quite bushy now, giving him -1 to vision rolls.

The floor under Jareth is becoming soft and stretchy like a loose trampoline.

So far the chalk doorway and the door with the free floating stairs are largely intact, but the glass is cracking on the third portal.

The small demon, looking bruised and dazed struggkes to its knees, and glares at Kalima.

The large, greviously injured demon attempts to ready his polearm for a second swing at the four armed celestial.

The Ymid pockets a few items, and  presses a jewel on its tablet, causing a bright flash near the assorted oeople who came through the gate.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:09, Fri 27 Mar.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 547 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin judges that this whole room is looking very dangerous.  He takes a second to aim his Sunbolt, before firing it at the demon.

[Private to GM: Nodwin throws his Sunbolt with 1 round of aim.  Skill is 12, so the aim on the Sunbolt gives him his range.  Even if he hits, though, probably not enough to damage it.

14:24, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 4 using 3d6-3.  Damage if he hits 3D6 - 3.

14:22, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 12 using 3d6.  Nodwin throw 3D sunbolt, 1 round aim.
]
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 466 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 21:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn just yells  OUT, And Hold the door open

Mellarill yells Shit-en-ella And shoves the door open; the three of them step outside and Brodak holds the door in his left hand so Mellarill can use her Bow. He has his axe ready in his right hand.
Clarence Montague
 player, 289 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 23:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 769):

Clarence moves to where Nodwin is holding the door open...
Sederic
 player, 383 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 23:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 770):

Sederic will grab his weapon, frustrated at the growth, and take out his frustrations on the smaller demon...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1957 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 00:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No Mario, ya should be runnin."

Jareth steps towards the door and slides Akimbo into a pocket.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1023 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 09:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No need to tell me twice."  Mario lowers his bow and runs, toward the door Brodak is holding, dancing as needed to deal with fallen merchandise, unsteady footing, and whatnot.
Narrator
 GM, 7586 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 20:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 773):

Mancini can feel the place coming apart around him,   and Norman still has a grip on the shopkeeper.

The small demon comically  tries to pull its pitchfork from the wall, but it lacks the strength to extract it.

Even faced with the void behind it, the large demon prepares to thrust its billhook at Kalima
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 548 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 20:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After Nodwin throws his missile at the demon, he turns to head for the door.  But he can't make himself move.  Against his better judgement, he stops to thrust a few items in his pouch and backpack.  He's just dying to know what they do.

OOC  The irony of that phrasing is not lost on me.

[Private to GM: I can see that the room is about to come down.  But Nodwin is curious, and I couldn't decide if he would scoop up a few things or not.  I let the dice decide, and they told me he is grabbing a few momentos on the way out the door.
14:26, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 13 using 3d6.  Nodwin curious control roll 12.
]
Aoife
 player, 690 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 775):

As the demon moves to attack Kalima once again, Aoife strikes at it with her staff, now charged with electricity...

[Private to GM: Rolled 5 under attack skill to hit, staff rolled 2 damage, but shocking touch, which bypasses DR, did 37 damage!]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1428 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 00:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Norman!  Either leave him or bring him, but we need to get out!"  Ardenas looks around to check that all the other friendlies he can see are moving toward the door (can't see into the mist, sorry Aoife and Kalima) and then begins to Light Walk as fast as possible toward the chalk door.

[Private to GM: 20:33, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 5 using 3d6.  Light Walk (16) .]
Kalima
 player, 89 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima attacks the demon, hoping it will finally get the hint it is not wanted on this plane of existence.

22:18, Today: Kalima rolled 11 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

22:17, Today: Kalima rolled 11 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Norman
 player, 24 posts
 Guard
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Norman roughly grabs the shopkeeper and heads for the door with Ardenas.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1958 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth takes another step towards the door and takes look around at the shelves for anything of significant value.



OOC: 22:29, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  Connoisseur (All) 11.  Valuable goods in ye olde infernal shoppe.
Mancini
 player, 344 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini, confronted with the very real threat of his own mortality, heads towards the nearest exit. Along the way, he pilfers anything of value he can quickly grab.

22:31, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Smuggling 14.

22:30, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Merchant 16. Crit!

This message was last edited by the player at 02:34, Sun 29 Mar.

Sederic
 player, 384 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 07:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 781):

Having been in hell once today, Sederic, decides not to hang around, and instead heads for any exit he can see...
Clarence Montague
 player, 290 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 07:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 782):

Are there any items of interest between Clarence and the exit?
Oly
 player, 1195 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 19:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He turns after leaving and looks for others departing the store, he draws his blade just in case, but stands to the side of the door opposite Brodak.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1024 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
When Mario passes Brodak and Oly, he'll stop, turn back toward the door, and step to his left so as to be out of the way and still keep a shot back inside.  He raises his bow again, and waits for others to exit.

"Hurry!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1430 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, seeming to float over the unsteady floor and scattered merchandise, stops to hold the chalk door as soon as he's on the outside.  "The getting is good, folks!"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 549 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 22:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC I think we have several people all trying to grab merchandise before they leave:
Nodwin
Jareth
Mancini
Clarence

All of us will be on our way, I expect, as soon as we know what we might have grabbed.  Or, if we grabbed I suppose.

Stupid control rolls.  :/

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1960 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 01:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin Zideqick:
Stupid control rolls.  :/

Control rolls?  What control rolls... oh.  Yeah, no, Jareth is just not really as worried as everyone else.  Probably because he doesn't think The Gate and The Key is as dangerous as all that... to Jareth.

Oh, right, that control roll...

Narrator
 GM, 7602 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 788):

each of you make a DX roll. you all get something success is 2 items, good crit is 3, (bad crit is something that injures you...) then roll for quality, like a reaction roll for each item, and also a weirdness magnet check for each item for those that have it.

As to the "nearest door" folks are departing by the doors they came through - a dex check for anyone unencumbered, and a dodge roll may be needed for those who grabbed loot or shopkeepers to get out safely at this time through any of the three.

The chalk door is narrowing, the free floating steps are wobbling, and the brass and glass door is cracking and buckling.


make your rolls and post'em and we will sort out the results.
Oly
 player, 1196 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
I assume that those who are already out don't need to roll, but can attempt to assist others out?



[Private to GM:
11:46, Today: Oly rolled 13 using 3d6.  Scroll 2.  From under the counter
11:45, Today: Oly rolled 11 using 3d6.  Scroll 1.   From under the counter
11:45, Today: Oly rolled 9 using 3d6.  Bracelet. off of the shopkeepers wrist
]
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 550 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin grabs a couple things and stuff them in his pack, then moves as fast as he can to the stairs, showing good poise and reaction to all of the chaos around him.

[Private to GM: Unbelievably, Nodwin rolled almost completely average and made every roll.
---> Grab stuff - made DX exactly
13:16, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  DX 11 to grab stuff.
---> Quality of his find was mediocre:
13:17, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 9 using 3d6.  Reaction roll for quality of stuff.
---> Not sure how you are doing Weirdness Magnet but here it is:
13:17, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  Wierdness Magnet roll.
---> He made DX exactly to make it out:
13:17, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  DX 11 roll to make it out.
---> He even made his dodge of 8
13:18, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 7 using 3d6.  Dodge 8 if needed.
]
Narrator
 GM, 7609 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 791):

Oly also had grabbed a narrow box with a silver pen and knife in it, it "came with" the two scrolls... as did a slim black leather bound book.

Nodwin snatched two items, a crystal ball containing a small castle and snow that falls when you shake it, along with a lightweight metal cyinder with a screw cap at the wider end.
Oly
 player, 1197 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 21:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 792):

I presume you have already decided what these are ;-)

So loot is:
Bracelet. off of the shopkeepers wrist
Scroll 1.   From under the counter
Scroll 2.  From under the counter
narrow box with a silver pen and knife
slim black leather bound book
Mancini
 player, 344 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 20:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: 18:27, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Quality Roll 2.

18:26, Today: Mancini rolled 7 using 3d6.  Quality Roll 1.

18:26, Today: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  DX roll 12

Also, remember I critted on my merchant roll. I don't know if it will help anything, but just wanted to put it out there.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 20:47, Thu 02 Apr.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1431 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, already on the street, braces himself in a chimney position at the top of the door, using the strength of his legs to try to hold the opening, well, open (but ready to spring free before excessive closing force can injure him).

[Private to GM: 18:47, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  DX for footing in collapsing shop (unencumbered) (15).]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1025 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario holds position, behind and just to the right of Brodak, as he watches the stairs destabilize.  "Hurry, everyone!"

[Private to GM: 18:50, Yesterday: Mario Crowfoot rolled 10 using 3d6.  DX for footing in collapsing shop (unencumbered) (13).]

This message was last edited by the player at 08:52, Thu 02 Apr.

Kalima
 player, 90 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 23:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 778):

With the sounds of the building literally snapping apart in front of her, Kalima realizes that she has to get out of there. " Coming, Aoife?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1961 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 00:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth sees something interesting (to him anyway) and picks it up.  Then he notices everyone scrambling for the door... "Oh right.  We did say 'run' didn't we Akimbo?"

Jareth strides purposefully to the door keeping a firm grip on Akimbo's pocket.  "muffled angry chitter sounds"
Narrator
 GM, 7619 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 20:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 794):

Mancini snatched up a battered leather wallet with something inside, and a silver chased case with something that rattles in it.


[Private to Narrator: Nodwin has a snowglobe worth $800... and a fleshlight. (Invaluable?) Mancini has basically Gurgi's wallet except with the unkillable summer sausage, and a necklace that makes one the center of attention (significance)]
Clarence Montague
 player, 291 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 00:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 799):

Clarence' step faulters as he stopped to consider stuff, and he runs for the nearest exit as he realized he needs to be gone...

[Private to GM: Failed all rolls. DX to grab something failed by 5, by 1 to exit door and dodge roll failed by 4...]
Aoife
 player, 691 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 00:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 800):

Aoife is right with her friend.

"Lead the way, right behind you!"

[Private to GM: Rolled 4 under DX...]
Sederic
 player, 386 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 00:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 801):

Sederic, his bloodlust having nearly taken him to hell once today, gets control of himself and heads for an exit too...

[Private to GM: Rolled 4 under DX...]
Mancini
 player, 345 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini, having grabbed what he able, exits the quickly deteriorating pocket dimension. He will examine the loot later to determine worth and if its usefulness later.

21:00, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  DX roll 12- to leave

Mancini looks for his traveling companions and goes to see if Jareth's crew is alright.
Kalima
 player, 91 posts
 four armed horror
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima tracks quickly towards the exit, safely exiting without issue.

21:03, Today: Kalima rolled 5 using 3d6.  DX roll 12- to leave.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1962 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
each of you make a DX roll.

Sorry forgot to put the rolls in the post above...

20:04, Yesterday: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  DX 10 loot roll.

20:04, Yesterday: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Quality roll.

20:05, Yesterday: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Weirdness Magnet roll.




quote:
As to the "nearest door" folks are departing by the doors they came through - a dex check for anyone unencumbered, and a dodge roll may be needed for those who grabbed loot or shopkeepers to get out safely at this time through any of the three.

I suspect you mean a Dodge roll for any one Encumbered or Grabbing Loot?  What if it's both?  (I suspect almost everyone is at Light Encumbrance at the very least... armored folks are probably worse off)

This will be bad...

21:46, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Dodge 10.

Ymid
 NPC, 97 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 21:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 805):

I meant encumbered by dragging a shopkeeper, plus having handfuls of stuff.


You have a leather case with something heavy in it.

You slip on the disolving stairs, and get snatched by the collar by the Ymid's staff, as it has a collection of odd things under its arm. One of them falls into the void below you and disappears. You have a tremendous sense of vertigo.


[Private to Narrator: rosewood flintlock pistol  inlaid with ivory, mop, and silver, Has a bag of meteoric shot (6 bullets), a powder horn]
Norman
 player, 25 posts
 Guard
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: Norman only has one disgusting shopkeeper to worry about. He forewent the looting in order to make sure Johann got out safely, figuring there will be a bigger reward for turning him over to the Haedereum for torture, err, um, I mean interrogation.
Narrator
 GM, 7628 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 12:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Norman (msg # 807):

Clarence got... something. Make a 3d6 roll for quality of item.

Everyone gets out, and the chalk door strarts to shrink rapidly, even as the stairs disappear from the top down. As you get out, the door to the stairs buckles inward, and is sucked through and then the wall collapses.
Norman
 player, 26 posts
 Guard
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 18:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Good, what does youur sensors tell you about the gate that was there? Is there any changes than before?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 551 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 20:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin takes quiet stock of the group, and looks them over somewhat carefully from where he is standing.  "Is anyone hurt?  Is everyone safe?  Did everyone get out all right?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 292 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 23:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 810):

Clarence gets out, then looks at what is in his hand...

[Private to GM: Item quality 14...]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1966 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 00:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth stumbles to a halt in the street, and pats the Ymid's shoulder, "Thanks fer t'e save on t'e stairs."  He shudders, "Been long time since stared The Gate and The Key in t'e eye like that... so to speak."

Then he settles down into a seated position on the street by the wall.  "I just take t'e minute or thirty an catch fy breath."
Mancini
 player, 347 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 02:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini takes a few moments to appraise the items he has newly acquired from the demon shoppe. He also takes time to look carefully at the items, seeking out any hidden panels or the like.

22:34, Today: Mancini rolled 13 using 3d6.  Observation 14 object 2.

22:33, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Observation 14 object 1.

22:31, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Merchant 16 object 2. Crit!

22:31, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Merchant 16 object 1.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1026 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 09:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks around to be sure everyone is accounted for.  Jocelyn, Mellarill, Crotchsniffer, Clarence, Jareth, Nodwin, Brodak -- he points to each as he mentally runs down a (badly spelled) list.  His brow furrows for a moment.

"Oh, right, we left the new guy working on the construction."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1433 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 09:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas looks relieved.  "Mancini, we need to talk about risk assessment."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 552 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 14:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin looks at Ardenas quizically.  His head angles slightly while he asks "What do you mean by...risk assessment?  I do not understand what you mean by this."
Mancini
 player, 348 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 19:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini looks at Ardenas quizzically. "Ok, what is on your mind?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1434 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 08:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"We need to do a better job of finding out what's up before we charge in."

He shifts his gaze to Kalima.

"I can't claim to fully understand your need to hunt demons, and you've probably been doing it longer than any of us has been alive, with the possible exception of that elf lady in the group that joined up with us.  But when you let hunting demons overtake any attempts at subtlety, you might wind up getting us mortals killed.

"I don't know what happens to you if some demon overpowers you and cuts your heart out or lops off your head -- but we humans would die.  Our spirits would be separated from our bodies and wind up wherever our beliefs and life actions send them.  And for us, it's permanent.  Forever."

He turns to Sederic.

"And what in all the Hells was that back there?  You acted like an ill-trained dog chasing after a cat that bolts."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:00, Thu 09 Apr.

Mancini
 player, 349 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 09:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I agree", Mancini said testily. "But when we have other groups doing their own thing, it makes it harder to formulate a plan of action."

He paused, grimacing as the events replayed in his head. "Too many chefs in the kitchen."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 553 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 15:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin watches the interplay between the two, feeling his young age and lack of experience in the moment.  When he senses a gap in the conversation, he interjects his comments a bit sheepishly, but honestly.

"That's probably my fault.  People respond well to me, but I'm a healer not a soldier, or tactician.  The floating magical shop was beyond what I had seen before, and most of my time there was just trying to get my bearings.  Instead of organizing my group, my curiosity got the best of me.  I saw all the novelties and that strange hunter type, and the distractions proved to be too much.

Now that we are all out, and safe, what are our current plans?  I assume we should examine the items we retained to make sure none of them are dangerous?  And then probably take our friend to the Hadereum."


Nodwin then leans his staff against his shoulder while he pulls out crystal ball containing a small castle with snow that falls when you shake it.

"This items seems safe, but I don't know if the image inside is real.  Maybe it contains another little room like the place where we just visited?  I would not have thought that an hour ago, but now I have to consider all the possibilities."

In his other hand, Nodwin pulls out a lightweight metal cylinder with a screw cap at the wider end.

"And I don't know what this does at all.  Perhaps I should unscrew it and look, but i was hoping one of the people with more experience could look at it first."

OOC Are there any markings on the cylinder?  In my mind I'm picturing one of those old 1950's cigar cases, is that accurate?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1970 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 21:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
From his seat against the wall Jareth calls over to Nodwin, "Before ya begin unscrewin thing, maybe gather up all an give t'e ole 'Is it cursed' holy sniff test?  Yer stuff t'ere probably safe, but most t'e rest us non-holy adjacent types can't feel t'e weight t'e divine on stuff.  T'en t'e mages got t'e detect magic spell... say Nodwin, do you holy types got detect curse spell?  Be safer than havin touch everythin."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 467 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 23:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Indeed I can detect magic, but it does not always tell you as much as you would like to know other than it is magical.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 554 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 23:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin nods and turns to face Jareth, nodding as he does.  "You ask a fine question, Jareth, but I have not been graced with that ability.  I can see the hidden, but I cannot sense evil."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1971 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 02:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:  It's not a matter of sensing Evil.  If you have Holiness* and you touch a Cursed item or enter a Cursed area, you immediately get a Per+Holiness* roll to detect the curse.  Not its nature, just that it is in fact cursed.  This is the same roll to detect Blessed Items or areas...

With a Theology or Occultism roll, and something to investigate (like an item, or an altar, or runes, etc), anyone can determine the general nature of the Curse, once they're sure it is Cursed.

And using Exorcism, anyone with Holiness* can try to remove the Curse, the long slow hard way.  This takes 3 hours.

Specifically Clerics† can pray over Blessed/Cursed Items (or areas) to determine the specifics of the Blessing/Curse.  This is how most adventuring parties identify Holy magic items... it takes 4 hours and a Religious Ritual skill check.  A critical failure while identifying a Curse triggers it on the Cleric.



* Power Investiture (Holy) counts as Holiness for any test that requires Holiness.
† I've seen GMs allow Holy Warriors who have Clerical Investment also do this.


For Mages, Magery imperfectly 'detects' magical items and shifts in the magical area.  And of course they have very specific spells for Detecting and Analyzing Magic.  They have no way to detect curses except to "Barbarian it".

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 555 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 03:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After a moment, Nodwin changes his mind.  "I will try."
Narrator
 GM, 7644 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 15:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 825):

Clarence has a silver hand mirror, which he can tell is magical. His reflection looks pretty good.

Mancini has a worn leather wallet with a brass zipper closure. Inside is a greasy piece of wax paper wrapped around half a sausage.

The silver chased, velvet lined ebony case contains a diamond necklace that looks to have a base worth of $10,000

Nodwin's cylinder has something faintly off about it.

The snowglobe with the castle would be valuable for the quality of the glass alone, never mind the rest of it. The base has a plaque that says "Neuschwanstein" https://images.app.goo.gl/Rso7VrDhwrz1s92d7

Jareth's case contains a rosewood device inlade with silver, mother of pearl and ivory that looks like the stock of a crossbow without the bow. Also in the velvet lined case is a horn with a strap and a silver lid, a rod and brish, and a velvet bag with six spheres made of a strange iron.

In addition to the bracelet with miniature enameled shields, Oly has a slim black book, two scrolls and a wooden case containing a small fine silver knife, and a matching silver pen.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:49, Sat 11 Apr.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 556 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 16:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After spending several minutes examining the items, Nodwin seems uncertain of himself.  He has never done this sort of thing before, so he really doesn't know what he's doing.  But, it seemed like something he should be able to do, and he was curious if it would work or not.  Eventually he offers up his opinion, although he isn't certain how much he should trust it.  "The only think that I got a sense of was this cylinder with the screw end.  It seems mildly off to me.  Do any of you have a feel for what might be going on there?  I haven't every tried anything like this before, so I wasn't sure if Vejovis would lead me on this or not."

OOC  Thanks for the pointer Jareth.  Nodwin has Power Investiture (Holy), and after a re-read your interpretation looks correct.  I always thought this was more a function of True Faith, but in retrospect that looks like a misinterpretation.  While I have been playing GURPs on and off for 25 years now, it still amazes me that I somehow managed to miss details like this. 
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1975 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 21:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin Zideqick:
OOC  Thanks for the pointer Jareth.  Nodwin has Power Investiture (Holy), and after a re-read your interpretation looks correct.  I always thought this was more a function of True Faith, but in retrospect that looks like a misinterpretation.  While I have been playing GURPs on and off for 25 years now, it still amazes me that I somehow managed to miss details like this. 

OOC:  No worries.  DF/RPG really recodified what Power Investiture is about.

Technically if Jareth fondles everything he could tell if it's got any Squid on it... and I suspect Aoife could lick everything and tell if it's got Bunny in it.  :P

gwythaint?  That's what four rolls (against a 17) when Jareth pulls stuff out of the leather satchel to see if it's got team Squid in it?

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1027 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 23:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Wow.  The shop was falling apart into nowhere, and you guys stopped to loot?  No wonder I'm always broke."
Mancini
 player, 350 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 01:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini shrugs nonchalantly. "How else am I going to pay for my extracurricular activities?"

After putting his trophies on his satchel, Mancini looks over towards Johann, then back towards the group of motley adventurers. "Do any of you wish to join us as we deliver our guest to his new home?"
Oly
 player, 1203 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 02:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He shakes his head no... there were a lot of places he'd go before he willingly went to the Hadereum.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1440 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 10:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"We were hired originally to escort Kalima around town while she hunts demons.  That got us into this, along with summoning her back, well, because we'd come to like her.

"That said, I'm pretty much with you on Hadereum; I'll wait with you while Mancini, Aoife, and Kalima take this traitor to his worls to meet his justice."


Ardenas pauses for a moment, brow furrowed.

"I wonder what that Hunter will do now?"

Narrator
 GM, 7648 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 18:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 828):

There is something very faint that Jareth senses about the sack of iron balls. Anyone else want to touch them?

(Or anyone else's  gear; wild talent doesn't give you the focused abilities that PI or magery give.

The Ymid has about three doodads; a small wooden box, a jar of eyeballs, and a peculiar stick like device made of shiny red material with a painted tin sphere at one end.
Oly
 player, 1204 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 21:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He is most interested in the bracelet of shields.. .
He asks Jocelyn about it, and she casts a spell...



[Private to GM: 14:10, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 11 using 3d6.  Detect Magic   by 2 ]
Narrator
 GM, 7649 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 22:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 834):

The shield bracelet is definitely magical.

Are any other items being examined?
Sederic
 player, 387 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 23:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 835):

"Don't know about you, but we were hired to kill demons, so I want to get paid." he sniffs, annoyed at how things worked out.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1976 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 01:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
There is something very faint that Jareth senses about the sack of iron balls. Anyone else want to touch them?

OOC:  Yes, any else want to fondle handle caress stroke touch Jareth's iron balls?
Oly
 player, 1205 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 02:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He will produce the slim black book, two scrolls and the wooden case containing a small fine silver knife, and a matching silver pen.
Jocelyn cast on each ...


[Private to GM:
19:35, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 14 using 3d6.  Detect Magic - wooden case et al.     missed by 1
19:35, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 13 using 3d6.  Detect Magic - Scroll 2.    just made it
19:35, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 8 using 3d6.  detect Magic - Scroll 1.        made by 5
19:34, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 18 using 3d6.  Detect Magic - slim black book.   Oh Ouch!   
]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:38, Mon 13 Apr.

Clarence Montague
 player, 293 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 08:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Oly (msg # 838):

Clarence will look at his reflection in the mirror he has.

"A magical mirror...what do you think it might do?"
Aoife
 player, 692 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 08:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 839):

Aoife looks at Kalima after their narrow escape...

"You ok?"

Then she looks around at the others...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1442 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 09:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas puts a hand on the wall where the chalk door was, feeling for movement or unsteadiness, then lowers his hand.

"So, what, that little goblin turned into the demon that came out of the back room?"

[Private to GM: 05:11, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 14 using 3d6.  Architect (default 6) to check structural condition of wall.]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1977 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 11:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Yeah, an unless it snuck out all invisible like, it ain't no more."
Mancini
 player, 351 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 11:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini, using his brilliant memory, recalls what the demon said when he entered the room and saw Kalima for the first time.

"No, I don't think it was like that. I believe it was more like some sort of transit station for their kind. The demon is no more because of Kalima and Aoife's efforts to keep it from escaping before the Eldritch came and devoured it along with the pocket dimension. But, the goblin, most likely moved on to wherever it fled."

Mancini smiled ruefully. "If the Eldritch destroyed all such pocket dimensions and not just one, then we might have some angry demons on us since we made it harder for them to enter our plane of existence."
Narrator
 GM, 7651 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 13:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 843):

The tentacles you saw were more of a shutdown screen than a presence.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 557 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 15:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After finishing with all of the implements people hnded to him, Nodwin steps to Jareth, where he is sitting against the wall.  "Here, you tell me what is going on with this cylinder, and I will see what I can sense from your balls."

Also, he will comment over his shoulder "I can come with you to see the Hadereum.  They are religious people, and I am always happy to build connections with the appropriate bureaucrats.  I still have a few details to clean up with them after assisting with these tasks."

OOC  Nodwin is young and a bit innocent, so he probably would not realize the dual nature of his comments...

[Private to GM: Let's see, Nodwin just helped destroy a magic pocket dimension which was allowing demons to portal into the very neighborhood he was supposed to recover and protect.  I would think that he should be able to lobby for "duty free" for all the healing potions the flock of Vejovis produce, or get some sort of legal status for their little neighborhood, or something else very cool.

Mind you, that will take points I don't yet have to spend on the character, but it seems very worthy of at least something.
]
Narrator
 GM, 7657 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 21:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 845):

The mirror has a whiff of evil about it, as does Oly's book, but nothing else seems to be evil or eldrich.
Oly
 player, 1206 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 23:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He thanks Jocelyn and decides he needs to go see Speilgud.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1028 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 08:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"So is it time to get back to our own to-do list, Jareth?  Our friend's skiff is nearly fixed, and then there's that other door we have to work on..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 558 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 14:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC  Nodwin was waiting for Jareth to look over his case.  Assuming that has already happened and nothing was found (seems to be implied), he will very carefully open it.  Screw cap means it can be re-closed.  Not sure if there are any markings on it either, none were mentioned.

Also, how would someone from that era do an appraisal on a snow globe?

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1978 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 22:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Yes Mario, exactly that.  Soons fy butt get some good sit down time.  Which enjoyin right now.  Let me catch a few, an get right on it."





Nodwin Zideqick:
Also, how would someone from that era do an appraisal on a snow globe?

OOC: As bric-a-brac?  A "curio from an exotic land"?  A set of good Propaganda and Merchant rolls might net you 'top dollar' for it.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:10, Tue 14 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 7663 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 849):

The snow globe might run asvery fine glassware, the rough equivalent or a venitisn floral paperweight.


The cylinder unscrews, revealing a pinkish mouth which whispers huskily
"Give us a kiss"
Mancini
 player, 352 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 15:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"For what's it worth, I would not suggest giving them a kiss."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 559 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 16:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin is fairly easygoing.  He adapts to change fairly well for a young man, and for the most part took meeting the Ymid and all the other things he has seen in stride.  Even entering the magic room suspended on the floating stairs had not really unnerved him so much as piqued his curiosity.  He had seen demond and demon hunters and all sorts of things in the recent past.

He had handled everything until this.

Looking at the husky lips, disembodied and speaking to him in such intimate words...  Nodwin's eyes get big.  he pushes the thing out to the end of his reach, and his jaw twitches for a second, as if he wants to say something.  He cocks his head and swallows, and then wipes the shocked look off his face as he looks at Jareth and asks "What the hell is this thing???"

OOC  Nodwin's personality profile says he should handle this reasonably well.  However, he's a young kid, and has seen a lot over the last 24-48 hours.  And, he has no experience with the ladies.  This object has content he isn't comfortable with in himself, much less in an object.  I went for 'limited freak out'.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1979 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Have no idea.  Maybe... err, ya should experiment privately, later, alone, by yerself, in your room with it?"
Mellarill
 player, 185 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
That  suckin' thing looks like sumpin' a man would use in his room in private, kiss it me ass!
Clarence Montague
 player, 294 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 12:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 855):

"Are you sure it is your ass it kisses? Some people might like that I spose...this mirror don't seem quite right, somehow..."

He looks into it to try to work out why...
Sederic
 player, 388 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 12:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 856):

Sederic looks around, just glad to be back...
Narrator
 GM, 7669 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 13:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 856):

Clarence looks a bit better than he recalls...



Picture an Instagram beauty filter


Sederic notes that he has a faint lingering odor of brimstone and charcoal.
Mellarill
 player, 186 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 20:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 856):

Mellarill looks at Clarence as if he had just developed a horn ... No Dipstick, it don't kiss yer ass an' I damn sure I would nay kiss it!  I'd kiss me own ass first and that'd be a pain ta do. You slo' er sumpin'?
Clarence Montague
 player, 295 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 23:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 859):

"Well, you didn't speak so clearly, and I was jus clarifyin. Do I look different to any of you?"
Mellarill
 player, 187 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 03:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Shee-it, you just don' hear clear is all.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1029 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 11:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks Clarence over carefully.

"That mirror may be playing with your mind, Clarence.  Using your native vanity to draw you into something.  That shop was connected with demonkind in some way, after all."

Suddenly Mario's eyes get big and his hand goes to his quivers.  "Crap!  I'm down a silver arrow, wasn't time to look for it after it bounced off that demon.  I need to get a bottomless quiver for those, but I'll probably never have the scratch to buy one."
Narrator
 GM, 7670 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 18:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 862):

Thatsnowglobe also seemed faintly magical to whichever mage handled it.



Mancini and company, go With Kalima.
Clarence Montague
 player, 296 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 21:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 863):

"If I don't look any different it probably does. That is what I was trying to work out."

He puts the mirror away.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1030 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 23:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"So, once Jareth is rested up, I guess we need to head back home."

He looks up at the sky to check the time by moon or bright stars -- or by the clock in the cathedral tower, if it's visible from here.

"They're hunting demons?  And doing it with a four-armed, three-eyed woman with flames for hair.  Hope they've got their definitions straight."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 560 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 23:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin isn't sure what to do with the item in his hand.  He looks at it again a second time, and then cautiously screws the top back on over the lips.  Then he holds it in his hand, uncertain if he should put it in his pack, or drop it and destroy it.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 468 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 00:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Perhaps Speilgud can tell you more or even buy it from you...
Clarence Montague
 player, 297 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 18:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 867):

"Maybe he is interested in my mirror too..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 561 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 18:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin looks around, noting that the group seems to be milling about without direction.  They needed direction, so he turns to Jocelyn and tells her "Lead on, Jocelyn.  We will unload the items that he is interested in, and then see what our friend the Ymid has to add once we are done with that."

OOC I think we have basically completed our task, correct?  Wouldn't the next step be back to the Junior House, or did we have another objective that I missed?
Narrator
 GM, 7676 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 20:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 869):

You can head back, or try to sell directly.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 469 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
No Problem, should we swing by our house so Jareth and our friend can rest before those interested go to the Guild?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 562 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin shrugs and then prepares to move.  "That sounds fine with me.  As long as we do not have any other objections."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1031 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Jareth's doing a fine job of resting right where he is, but in an hour or so, we should probably start by taking the Ymid back to his skiff.  The less he wanders the streets, the less likely we all are to have trouble.  Visiting Spielgud to evaluate collected items can wait until after that, I think."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 470 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 02:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
That was my point, I think.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1980 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 04:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Jocelyn got point.  Less time Ymid out an about, less chance t'e inquisitorial types mistake for demon an decide judiciously burn us all."

Jareth climbs to his feet.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 563 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 16:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
They were right of course.  And Nodwin wastes no time once that reminder is given.  He immediately leads them back to the Junior House, which thankfully is quite close to their present location.
Narrator
 GM, 7684 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 18:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 876):

You arrive safely at Junior house. Nodwin realizes that his presence at the Hadereum with the other group might do some good in acquiring more base for the church and team.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 564 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 20:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After nodwin makes sure that everyone is safe and accounted for, he hands his items off and tells the group "I want to run to the Hadereum and show up with the other group when they bring in their prisoner.  We might be able to get some more space in town if I can convince them of our worth.  Get whatever cash you can for my items, I trust you to handle it honestly. "

OOC  I had volunteered a number of posts back, because I thought exactly the same thing.  Nodwin will hustle off to rejoin the other group when they arrive at the Hadereum.  They should move slower with Kalima and a prisoner to escort.  Let me know when I can start posting there.

I don't know who has the best Merchant skill in the group.  Nodwin will handl off to them if he knows that someone is skilled.  Otherwise it will be Jareth, as he probably knows the most about the items as a Sage type.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1981 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 01:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No worries Nodwin, ya talk t'e Hadereum, I'll poke t'e loot some an see what can figure out.  Rest bit, t'en see Ymid off."




OOC:  gwythaint, you want some Hidden Lore (Magic Items) rolls, or Connoisseur (Magic Items), or something?
Narrator
 GM, 7688 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 879):

Hidden lore, magic items would do.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1982 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 01:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Scratching his head over the pile of loot he does seem to remember a few stories pertaining to items of similar description or nature...




OOC:  21:52, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Hidden lore (Magic Items) 11.
Clarence Montague
 player, 298 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 03:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 881):

Clarence really has little idea about magic items, though he does try to learn some details. For now,. He just is glad to get back and see his arachnid friend, and he takes any food for him he can find on the way.
Narrator
 GM, 7693 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 20:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 881):

You are not certain,  but there may be a succubus at the other end of that cylindrical item...the snowgloon the other hand either contrthe weather remotely for the castle seen within, or actually contains a castle...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1983 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 01:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Clarence, yer glass scenery globe might eit'er control weather somewhere, report weather from somewhere, or longshot odds, but might be shrunk, trapped castle in t'ere.  Yer gonna need someone actually cast some spells figure this out."
Clarence Montague
 player, 299 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 07:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 884):

"Oh, cool. Except that is not mine. I just have a mirror..."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1984 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 21:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Right.  Sorry, too many stories about mirrors.  Probably just makes ya think yer more pretty than ya are, though this," he waggles Nodwin's love tube, "probably has succubes in it.  Or maybe gate midway leadin to succubus mouth, or some ot'er demonic magical foolery.  Best be thoroughly assensed before he... uses it."

Jareth recomenses resting.  Though if he finds himself full rested (which requires one hour) before Nodwin returns he'll recommend they see Ymid off without further wait...
Ymid
 NPC, 98 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 17:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 886):

"There were some items of interest. This device... has a purpose I cannot fathom...it is not magical, but may be somehow religious in nature "
It displays a small red and green device with a garishly painted tin sphere on one side of the end. It presses a trigger on on side, and the sphere spins and opens like a whirling flower,buzzes,  shooting red sparks and revealing a small statue of a gnome with a red pointed cap and red and white clothing, carrying a sack. A moment later, the sparks and noise stop and the sphere closes.

"Then there is this fish... definitely an anomaly. It seems to allow for native level audio interpretation. Also, not of my kind. Such a thing must have been celestially created... and is therefore a foundation of the anti-ontological argument, and proof that the gods do not exist."
Having put away the noise and spark maker, and withdraws a clear bladder of water, containing a small yellow fish.

"This device, with the inscription 'Ronco' seems to perform all manner of vegetable preparation,  it has five blades and an olive pitter. Interesting engineering."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:03, Wed 29 Apr.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1033 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 13:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks on at the objects the Ymid displays and describes them.

"The fish translates?  And the thing with the blades, yes, I can see that.  And the spinner's religious?"  He scratches his head.

"Never seen anything like any of them.  There's a stall down in the Artisan market that sells what they call 'prayer wheels', but you just spin those with your hand, they don't have any mechanical parts and they don't open up like that."

Ymid
 NPC, 99 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 17:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop