Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Aoife
 player, 667 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 04:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 447):

"Are we done yet? Do we have somewhere next to go to deal with these things?"
Sederic
 player, 341 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 04:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 448):

"If you are trying to suggest less talk, more action, quite in agreement!"
Narrator
 GM, 7297 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 449):

@Nodwin and company: you are about a quarter mile from home.

Once out in the street, which shows definte signs of demonic oppression (the behavior of the locals,  an unseasonable chill, the tendency of shutters to open slowly on their own, the faint reek of sulpher,), there are other signs;
A scattering of dog turds laid out in a triangle with the longer angle pointing toward a couple of charcoal marks on the wall, in the same language as evil runes.
The marks seem to suggest turning the corner.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 508 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 23:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After Nodwin is done rested, and assuming the others are, he will lead them back out to the street.

OOC Assume you are changing the setting, so Nodwin will proceed as suggested.  I think we're done in the burned out tavern.  He'll wait for people to be rested before proceeding.
Mancini
 player, 311 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 08:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini leaves the tavern. After a quick search, he recognizes the signs of demonic oppression. He notices the dog turd arrow and follows it to the wall, where some evil runes are scrawled in what looks like charcoal.

After grabbing his sketchbook, he copies the runes down on the paper. He is not sure why but he feels they are to go around the corner.

He calls for Kalima and the rest of the group. "What do your demon hunting senses tell you now", he asks the minor deity.
Aoife
 player, 668 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 09:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 452):

Aoife follows Mancini out and, noticing the dog turds because she is closer to them than most, being short in stature, carefully steps around them as she follows their directions listening to Kalimas answer to Mancini.
Clarence Montague
 player, 264 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 09:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 453):

Clarence walks around in the Tavern a little longer, searching for what may be found. If the Ymid leaves, he will follow.
Sederic
 player, 342 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 09:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 454):

Sederic is happy to finally get moving.

"Not long now..." he mutters to no-one in particular.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1380 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 10:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, at least rested enough to travel, follows Mancini and company.  He frowns at the various demon signs.  "How can this kind of thing go unnoticed?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 509 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 16:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin, from where he is standing next to Kalima, is taking in the all the demonic signs himself.  It's like he was seeing them for the first time, even though he just recently walked through this very area.  With a sort of distracted response, and understanding full well the irony, he responds.

"It's a well known fact in religious circles.  There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.  You can lead people to the truth, and even explain it to them in detail.  However, if their minds are not open, and if their heart is hard, it will not matter.  You can't make them believe.  And what people choose to believe dictates what they see, and how they interpret their surroundings.  It's a sort of circle we must contend with daily as religious leaders.

I didn't notice these signs myself when we arrived at the tavern, so I was just as blind to them as the townsfolk are now.  Yet, after seeing what the Ymid showed us, and observing Kalima, I am now more sensitive to these signs.  I never had to concern myself with such things before."

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 981 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks with puzzlement at the triangle of filth and the marks on the wall.

"That looks like toddlers who got away from their mothers playing with stuff they'd get paddled for touching -- under a swatch of Sahudese gang graffiti.  I'm just not seeing how that's a sign of demon presence."
  He scans a wider area.

"Okay, a poor neighborhood.  This is just a step below what ours was before the restorations started, except the street isn't caved in.  'Elga did a great job up there, maybe someone could get her down here to do some plantings."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1857 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 23:48
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Ya need know what to look for before ya can see what really t'ere.  Part an parcel how demons an cults work.  Dress stuff everyday occurrence an most folk go about ignorin it.  We'll have teach t'e Veojavian refugees what to look for, have t'em keep an eye out.  Maybe pay bunch clean outwards from t'e blockhouse, block or so each direction.  Get some up t'e roofs with an eye for this stuff."

He scuffs away the soot mark and knocks the dog turds apart.

"Maybe find one t'e refugees with strong disinclination a cognitive bias, get t'em trained observational logics.  No fan Pliny's 'cabinet of curiosities', but simpler than Aristotelian practice.  Could try t'em Baconian inductive approach.  Find a copy Novum Organum first though, don't have time recite whole work.  Mental note, make sure pupil can read latin... he trails off muttering about this topic for a few minutes.
Grimaldi
 player, 581 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Grimaldi follows at a casual distance, moving with a deliberate slowness.
Some guy in the street
 NPC, 1 post
 Looks a little off
 So what
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 01:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 460):

You notice an idividual around the next corner (about 20 yards off) dropping something small on the ground and spitting.

Per rolls.
Aoife
 player, 669 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 01:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Some guy in the street (msg # 461):

Aoife sees that...

"Disgusting..."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 452 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
One of their markers?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1858 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Could be.  Let's casually check it out."


As they ramble in that direction Jareth will try to keep an unobtrusive eye on the shady character.




OOC:  21:31, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Perception 15.

21:35, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 6 using 3d6.  Observation 13.  Unobtrusively watching the shady figure.

Grimaldi
 player, 582 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
21:50, Today: Grimaldi rolled 6 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.
Grimaldi cooly observes the fellow with eyes gone steely, and narrowed...
Mancini
 player, 313 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 21:59
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
(Ooc:04:50, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Perception 15. Crit??)

Mancini notices the man drop something and  slowly moves in to see what he dropped. Mancini asks if the man can be caught for a friendly chat.

This message was last updated by the player at 21:59, Fri 24 Jan.

Some guy in the street
 NPC, 2 posts
 Looks a little off
 So what
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 12:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 466):

The individual dropped a piece of chalk. Written on the wall is "We have what you need"
Th er person initially looked like he might be a goblin, but is something that makes all three of Kalima's eyes narrow.
Mancini
 player, 312 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 15:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini lowers his voice and asks her, "What do you sense Kalima?"

As he waited, he considers the chalk and the writing on the wall. "I wonder if they expect us to take the chalk and draw a door", he says to no one in particular.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1859 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 15:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:
Some guy in the street:
Th er person initially looked like he might be a goblin, but is something that makes all three of Kalima's eyes narrow.

"Initially"?  Did he leave?  Was that "spitting" or "splitting" he did at the end?

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 510 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 16:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin, being towards the front, sees the activity from the very outset.  He watches the activity closely as he slowly proceeds in that direction.
Brodak
 player, 346 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 21:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He looked at the man they were commenting on and shrugged, looked pretty normal to him.
Sederic
 player, 343 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 21:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Brodak (msg # 471):

Sederic walks up to the man.

"What is need is shit to help me with killin. Are you sure you got what I need? If so how do I get it?"