Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1422 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 10:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas works his way around the mist, to get close to the back room doorway, with the demon between himself and the mist.

[Private to GM: Continuing concentration on Power Blow -- round 2?]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1011 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 10:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"He works for you, at least part time.  Can you just send him back to wherever he came from?"
Ymid
 NPC, 95 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 00:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 716):

"If he cannot respond to a direct question, perhaps he can respond to an indirect one, for example, if Nodwin here was this demon, what with, and where should he not wish to be attacked?"
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 25 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 00:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Ymid (msg # 717):

"If I were Nodwin, I should like to keep my eyes and mouth covered, abd to avoid holy things."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1012 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 09:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Eyes and mouth, holy things."  Mario snaps his fingers.  "Nodwin, got any holy water?"

Mario swivels away from the shopkeeper and starts maneuvering for a clear shot at the demon.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 541 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 16:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin focuses on the mist, knowing that whatever is behind it seems to be bad.  However, while focusing in that direction, he is able to answer Mario.

"I have 4 bottles on the webbing over my chest.  They are grenade bottles, designed to break when they hit something.  I don't have a hand free, however, so you'll have to pull one off yourself."

OOC  Nodwin has his staff in one hand and a ball of energy in the other.  He can't pull off the holy water on his own, so he is asking Mario to do it for him.

[Private to GM: Nodwin is aiming at the mist, and waiting for something obviously bad and not Kalima to step out from behind it.  Also, he should be down 4 fatigue from his casting of Sunbolt.  ]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1013 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 21:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Gotcha, I need both hands for the moment, too.  I've got one more silver arrow, but if you can stay close to me, one or the other of us ought to be able to grab a bottle and use it before long."

Mario continues maneuvering, trying to get a clear shot at the demon around the mist.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:59, Mon 16 Mar 2020.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 542 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin will nod his head and stay close to Mario.
Mancini
 player, 339 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 02:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: Time?
Clarence Montague
 player, 287 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 07:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 721):

"I um not the best throw, but there is enough light that I can put my flail on the table and free up one hand."

He puts the flail on the table and pulls out his shield, which also sheds light, and readies that. Well, begins to...it will take a bit...
Aoife
 player, 684 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 07:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 724):

Aoife targets the demons face with her lightning bolt...before stepping back behind her friend.

[Private to GM: Rolled 11 under skill to hit, -5 for face still hits by 6. 4 damage. HT-2 to avoid stun]
Khozapukt
 NPC, 12 posts
 Bat winged demon
 With bill hook
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 11:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 725):

The demon, while apparently unharmed,  is stunned.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1946 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 05:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Kalima, if ya can push t'e demon back to t'e gate, I can send an seal it for so long as we be here..."

Jareth begins chanting in Eldritch, "Ondos'aōha āek'kessa, ph'nglui mglw'nafh, Yog-Sothoth; stell'bsna y'wgah'n ch'nglui..."

[Private to GM: "By your will lord, gone though not forgotten, Yog-Sothoth; I ask/pray you grant control over this travel threshold..."]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1014 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 08:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario continues maneuvering, trying to get a clear shot at the demon.
Kalima
 player, 86 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 11:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima attacks the demon with her spear.

"Die, scum of hell."

06:59, Today: Kalima rolled 9 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

06:56, Today: Kalima rolled 6 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 543 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 15:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC  As soon as the demon is visible behind the cloud Nodwin will aim a second and fire his missile.  I assume he and Mario have been sidestepping to get an angle on whatever is there.
Aoife
 player, 686 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 19:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 730):

Aoife adds a spell to the mix, on Kalima!

[Private to GM: Castes great Haste, Critical success! rolled 4...does that mean no cost for either of us at the end?]
Narrator
 GM, 7559 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 731):

Second 7 for exorcism. It is making the shopkeeper  frantic.

Aoifie roll again, and hope for another crit!

Kalima's higher purpose makes that a crit, and her speat strike bypasses the demon's scales to do a grevious blow!

Nodwin can just see him in the distance, take your shot!

There is a great rumbling as the Way, the Gate and the Key responds to the plea!


Make a roll for that

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:21, Sat 21 Mar 2020.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1949 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 22:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
There is a great rumbling as the Way, the Gate and the Key responds to the plea!

Make a roll for that

OOC:  Less making a plea than "fancifully casting a 10 second casting time spell psionic power"... but if we're in one of those places were the boundaries between what and what isn't is thin enough it's fine if we open the way.

18:05, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Opening the way?

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1017 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 23:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Frustrated with the situation, Mario takes matters in hand.  He snatches a globe of holy water from Nodwin's harness and tosses it, high and soft, near the ceiling.  As it rises, his hand brushes past the fletching of his ordinary arrow, bringing it to the bow, drawing, and releasing just as the vial's flight passes its peak.

[Private to GM: 18:53, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 9 using 3d6.  Fast Draw (Arrow) (15).
18:53, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 12 using 3d6.  Bow-1 to ready arrow to bow in no time (18-1=17).
18:57, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 10 using 3d6.  Bow (17+ Acc (3) -Size (9)).
18:59, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 7 using 1d6+2. Should shatter the vial and shower the contents over the demon.
]
Mancini
 player, 340 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 23:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
(ooc: Does Mancini need to make an exorcism roll?)
Kalima
 player, 87 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 23:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima uses the chaos to take another stab at the demon with her spear.

19:47, Today: Kalima rolled 12 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Aoife
 player, 687 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 19:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 736):

Aoife rolled pretty well on her second roll, but not a crit.

[Private to GM: Crit confirming was 9 under skill..11]
Khozapukt
 NPC, 14 posts
 Bat winged demon
 With bill hook
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 20:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 736):

Needed: damage roll for spear
        2d6 roll for holy water damage

Kalima gets another attack, neither of you lose any fatigue, although a parry vs the incoming swing of the demon's polearm, 9 pts cutting if not defended against.

The gate is glowing hot, and the flames burning the candles quickly!

Mancini is trying to exert his will and that of the gods, although the sanctity is low, there are some noticeable effects....
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 26 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 20:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Khozapukt (msg # 738):

The shopkeeper 's appearance shifts, and he is revealed to be a frail, sallow faced hunchback with warty hands and an overbite!
A few items near the counter lose their lustre, some gold is revealed to be tin, gems glass, and weapons rusted.