Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Ymid
 NPC, 96 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 20:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 727):

<purp lip e>"What have you done? That gate is the substrate of this demi-plane!?"</purple>
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1954 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 22:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth looks surprised but he keeps chanting, louder, more confidently, "...se naejot maghagon Sederic hen bugagl se n'gha'ch' hen ebumna'grah'n rȳ bisa ngluigg..."

Akimbo slips free from the pocket and effortlessly scales Jareth to perch on his head bobbing and weaving to the cadence.

[Private to GM: "...and to bring Sederic from the place he went and to cease the travel (literally "death of travel") of the pit-larva through this threshold-realm...."]

OOC:  If anyone else speaks Eldritch, just let me know and I'll cc you into the translations...

This message was last edited by the player at 04:31, Mon 23 Mar 2020.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 544 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 02:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin throws his missile.

OOC Unknown if he hits because I don't know the range.

[Private to GM: Attack:
19:56, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 10 using 3d6.  Base 12, +3 aim, - whatever the range is.
20:39, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 25 using 6d6.  Damage - sunbolt 6d6 -6 piercing.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:40, Mon 23 Mar 2020.

Aoife
 player, 688 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 06:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Khozapukt (msg # 738):

Is that Aoife or Kalima who needs to dodge?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1019 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 09:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario indulges in a fist pump as the holy water showers down over the demon.

[Private to GM: 05:14, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 10 using 2d6.  Damage for holy water shower.]
Norman
 player, 22 posts
 Guard
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Norman, sensing the trouble going on around the place, "Oly, ya got any rope for our friend 'ere", referring to Johann
Kalima
 player, 88 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: For last round, 08:04, Today: Kalima rolled 8 using 2d6+1.  Damage

Kalima sees the demon's attack, and using a little effort is able to intercept and deflect the attempt.

"Damn you into oblivion, you vile filth."

With that, she slammed her spear forward and towards the demon's body.

09:28, Today: Kalima rolled 10 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

09:28, Today: Kalima rolled 9 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).

09:20, Today: Kalima rolled 10 using 3d6.  Parry 10 (+2 for Extra Effort=12).)
Mancini
 player, 341 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini continues praying and pleading with the gods, pleased with the small signs he is seeing around him.
Narrator
 GM, 7564 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 20:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 747):

There is a flash light and a roar of an explosion as the Authorized Personnel Only door is ripped from its hinges after the candles burn down completely. Strange goods are flung from thr shelves by the blast.
As the sulpherous smoke clears, you see Sederic and  and a small demon draped over the shelves, and there is s humming sound as a small pitchfork embedded in one wall vibrates.


[Private to Sederic:make a roll (weirdness magnet)]

[Private to Jareth Mooncalled:maje a roll, just show me the result (weird effects,  not spell failure)]
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 545 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 20:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC Did Nodwin's missile land?  I was late answering you in the tnread, I know, but got something short up last night.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1955 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 20:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:  16:51, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Weird Effects roll.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1020 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 22:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario turns to the Ymid.

"Do we need to clear out instantly?  Or is it already too late?"
Oly
 player, 1192 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 00:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Norman (msg # 745):

Zorry, nod wid me.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1426 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 09:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas pulls a hank of rope out of his belt.  "Norman!  This should be enough for that."  He moves over by Norman to help with holding or tying.

OOC: 10 yards of 3/8" rope, 300 lb strength.  Don't recall why I have such a short piece.
Khozapukt
 NPC, 15 posts
 Bat winged demon
 With bill hook
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 14:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 749):

Knocked back by the sunbolt, and burning from the holy water, the demon is staggered!

Behind it, black tentacles curl out of the APO doorway, warping the doorframe and buckling the wall.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 546 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin prays again, asking for Vejovis' intercession and aid.

[Private to GM: Make another Sunbolt, sidestep towards the exit.
10:29, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 13 using 3d6.  Nodwin 3d Sunbolt - 15.
]
Sederic
 player, 382 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 755):

Sederic looks to see if his sword returned to him before he got through the gate...as he climbs down from the shelf!

[Private to GM: Weirdness Magnet roll of 7.]
Clarence Montague
 player, 288 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 756):

Clarence looks around, trying to understand what the hell is going on in the mayhem!
Aoife
 player, 689 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 757):

Aoife casts another spell, again electrifying her staff...though it seems a little different.

Shocking touch, rolled 10 under to cast spell, will put 6d into spell (max) costing 4 fp...
Norman
 player, 23 posts
 Guard
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Norman looks over at Ardenas, "'Hanks Ardenas. Don't want our f'iend 'ere eacapin' in da chaos."
Mancini
 player, 342 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini continues praying for the demon's demise.
Mancini
 player, 343 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 20:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
At the next available opportunity, Kalima will attack the demon with her spear.

15:59, Today: Kalima rolled 9 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

15:59, Today: Kalima rolled 13 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 465 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn is totally unsure of what is happening , her view is blocked by shelves and people but the smoke, noise and otherthings leave little doubt that things are going to pot quickly, Crack that door Mell, we may have only seconds to run.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1427 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
While helping Norman, Ardenas spares the attention to look around for exits -- there were three a moment ago, the one with the glass that Nodwin and Clarence went out of and came back in, the stairway, and the street level door.  He checks to see which (if any) of those are still accessible.

He can see Mancini chanting, Norman is right at hand, and Oly was in reach a moment ago.

"Aoife?  Kalima?  Are you alright in there?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1021 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Jareth!  What is that?!"  Mario's bow covers the demon and tentacles by the splintered wall that used to contain the back room door, fingers hovering by the fletching of his remaining silver tipped arrow.