Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1956 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 02:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"...konir sagon daor ya'skoros..." Jareth trails off from chanting.

"Eh, Mario? Oh t'e ahhhhh, doorway?  That be The Gate and The Key, The Seal and The Way, That Which Came Before, Shall Be Again After, Is Ever Present; an what don't actually exist our space bein showy an overly dramatic.  Suspect don't get many audiences what can appreciate t'e effort."

He grabs Akimbo before he can runoff.

[Private to GM: "... that is not what I..."]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1022 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 08:58
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Right, of course," he shakes his head sharply, as if to clear cobwebs, "but should I be shooting it?"
Narrator
 GM, 7578 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 766):

The tentacles, like treeroots, stiffen as  the rear wall of the pentagram room slams into the doorway and struggles to push its way through.the walls and floor are starting to warp, and the shelves are shaking odd items loose.

Sederic sees Meikka  beside him, and as he reaches for it a jar falls and splashes on him, and his hair becomes lusterous and grows about hslf a foot, including facial hair and his eyebrows and lashes are quite bushy now, giving him -1 to vision rolls.

The floor under Jareth is becoming soft and stretchy like a loose trampoline.

So far the chalk doorway and the door with the free floating stairs are largely intact, but the glass is cracking on the third portal.

The small demon, looking bruised and dazed struggkes to its knees, and glares at Kalima.

The large, greviously injured demon attempts to ready his polearm for a second swing at the four armed celestial.

The Ymid pockets a few items, and  presses a jewel on its tablet, causing a bright flash near the assorted oeople who came through the gate.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:09, Fri 27 Mar 2020.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 547 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:25
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin judges that this whole room is looking very dangerous.  He takes a second to aim his Sunbolt, before firing it at the demon.

[Private to GM: Nodwin throws his Sunbolt with 1 round of aim.  Skill is 12, so the aim on the Sunbolt gives him his range.  Even if he hits, though, probably not enough to damage it.

14:24, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 4 using 3d6-3.  Damage if he hits 3D6 - 3.

14:22, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 12 using 3d6.  Nodwin throw 3D sunbolt, 1 round aim.
]
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 466 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 21:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jocelyn just yells  OUT, And Hold the door open

Mellarill yells Shit-en-ella And shoves the door open; the three of them step outside and Brodak holds the door in his left hand so Mellarill can use her Bow. He has his axe ready in his right hand.
Clarence Montague
 player, 289 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 23:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 769):

Clarence moves to where Nodwin is holding the door open...
Sederic
 player, 383 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 23:24
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 770):

Sederic will grab his weapon, frustrated at the growth, and take out his frustrations on the smaller demon...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1957 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 00:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No Mario, ya should be runnin."

Jareth steps towards the door and slides Akimbo into a pocket.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1023 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 09:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No need to tell me twice."  Mario lowers his bow and runs, toward the door Brodak is holding, dancing as needed to deal with fallen merchandise, unsteady footing, and whatnot.
Narrator
 GM, 7586 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 20:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 773):

Mancini can feel the place coming apart around him,   and Norman still has a grip on the shopkeeper.

The small demon comically  tries to pull its pitchfork from the wall, but it lacks the strength to extract it.

Even faced with the void behind it, the large demon prepares to thrust its billhook at Kalima
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 548 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 20:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After Nodwin throws his missile at the demon, he turns to head for the door.  But he can't make himself move.  Against his better judgement, he stops to thrust a few items in his pouch and backpack.  He's just dying to know what they do.

OOC  The irony of that phrasing is not lost on me.

[Private to GM: I can see that the room is about to come down.  But Nodwin is curious, and I couldn't decide if he would scoop up a few things or not.  I let the dice decide, and they told me he is grabbing a few momentos on the way out the door.
14:26, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 13 using 3d6.  Nodwin curious control roll 12.
]
Aoife
 player, 690 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 775):

As the demon moves to attack Kalima once again, Aoife strikes at it with her staff, now charged with electricity...

[Private to GM: Rolled 5 under attack skill to hit, staff rolled 2 damage, but shocking touch, which bypasses DR, did 37 damage!]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1428 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 00:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Norman!  Either leave him or bring him, but we need to get out!"  Ardenas looks around to check that all the other friendlies he can see are moving toward the door (can't see into the mist, sorry Aoife and Kalima) and then begins to Light Walk as fast as possible toward the chalk door.

[Private to GM: 20:33, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 5 using 3d6.  Light Walk (16) .]
Kalima
 player, 89 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima attacks the demon, hoping it will finally get the hint it is not wanted on this plane of existence.

22:18, Today: Kalima rolled 11 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

22:17, Today: Kalima rolled 11 using 3d6.  Spear 16 (+1 vs. demon, puissant).
Norman
 player, 24 posts
 Guard
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:21
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Norman roughly grabs the shopkeeper and heads for the door with Ardenas.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1958 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth takes another step towards the door and takes look around at the shelves for anything of significant value.



OOC: 22:29, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  Connoisseur (All) 11.  Valuable goods in ye olde infernal shoppe.
Mancini
 player, 344 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini, confronted with the very real threat of his own mortality, heads towards the nearest exit. Along the way, he pilfers anything of value he can quickly grab.

22:31, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Smuggling 14.

22:30, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Merchant 16. Crit!

This message was last edited by the player at 02:34, Sun 29 Mar 2020.

Sederic
 player, 384 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 07:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 781):

Having been in hell once today, Sederic, decides not to hang around, and instead heads for any exit he can see...
Clarence Montague
 player, 290 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 07:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Sederic (msg # 782):

Are there any items of interest between Clarence and the exit?
Oly
 player, 1195 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 19:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He turns after leaving and looks for others departing the store, he draws his blade just in case, but stands to the side of the door opposite Brodak.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1024 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
When Mario passes Brodak and Oly, he'll stop, turn back toward the door, and step to his left so as to be out of the way and still keep a shot back inside.  He raises his bow again, and waits for others to exit.

"Hurry!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1430 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, seeming to float over the unsteady floor and scattered merchandise, stops to hold the chalk door as soon as he's on the outside.  "The getting is good, folks!"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 549 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 22:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC I think we have several people all trying to grab merchandise before they leave:
Nodwin
Jareth
Mancini
Clarence

All of us will be on our way, I expect, as soon as we know what we might have grabbed.  Or, if we grabbed I suppose.

Stupid control rolls.  :/

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1960 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 01:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin Zideqick:
Stupid control rolls.  :/

Control rolls?  What control rolls... oh.  Yeah, no, Jareth is just not really as worried as everyone else.  Probably because he doesn't think The Gate and The Key is as dangerous as all that... to Jareth.

Oh, right, that control roll...

Narrator
 GM, 7602 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:40
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 788):

each of you make a DX roll. you all get something success is 2 items, good crit is 3, (bad crit is something that injures you...) then roll for quality, like a reaction roll for each item, and also a weirdness magnet check for each item for those that have it.

As to the "nearest door" folks are departing by the doors they came through - a dex check for anyone unencumbered, and a dodge roll may be needed for those who grabbed loot or shopkeepers to get out safely at this time through any of the three.

The chalk door is narrowing, the free floating steps are wobbling, and the brass and glass door is cracking and buckling.


make your rolls and post'em and we will sort out the results.