Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Oly
 player, 1196 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
I assume that those who are already out don't need to roll, but can attempt to assist others out?



[Private to GM:
11:46, Today: Oly rolled 13 using 3d6.  Scroll 2.  From under the counter
11:45, Today: Oly rolled 11 using 3d6.  Scroll 1.   From under the counter
11:45, Today: Oly rolled 9 using 3d6.  Bracelet. off of the shopkeepers wrist
]
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 550 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin grabs a couple things and stuff them in his pack, then moves as fast as he can to the stairs, showing good poise and reaction to all of the chaos around him.

[Private to GM: Unbelievably, Nodwin rolled almost completely average and made every roll.
---> Grab stuff - made DX exactly
13:16, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  DX 11 to grab stuff.
---> Quality of his find was mediocre:
13:17, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 9 using 3d6.  Reaction roll for quality of stuff.
---> Not sure how you are doing Weirdness Magnet but here it is:
13:17, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  Wierdness Magnet roll.
---> He made DX exactly to make it out:
13:17, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 11 using 3d6.  DX 11 roll to make it out.
---> He even made his dodge of 8
13:18, Today: Secret Roll: Nodwin Zideqick rolled 7 using 3d6.  Dodge 8 if needed.
]
Narrator
 GM, 7609 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 791):

Oly also had grabbed a narrow box with a silver pen and knife in it, it "came with" the two scrolls... as did a slim black leather bound book.

Nodwin snatched two items, a crystal ball containing a small castle and snow that falls when you shake it, along with a lightweight metal cyinder with a screw cap at the wider end.
Oly
 player, 1197 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 21:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 792):

I presume you have already decided what these are ;-)

So loot is:
Bracelet. off of the shopkeepers wrist
Scroll 1.   From under the counter
Scroll 2.  From under the counter
narrow box with a silver pen and knife
slim black leather bound book
Mancini
 player, 344 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 20:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: 18:27, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Quality Roll 2.

18:26, Today: Mancini rolled 7 using 3d6.  Quality Roll 1.

18:26, Today: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  DX roll 12

Also, remember I critted on my merchant roll. I don't know if it will help anything, but just wanted to put it out there.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 20:47, Thu 02 Apr 2020.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1431 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas, already on the street, braces himself in a chimney position at the top of the door, using the strength of his legs to try to hold the opening, well, open (but ready to spring free before excessive closing force can injure him).

[Private to GM: 18:47, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  DX for footing in collapsing shop (unencumbered) (15).]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1025 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:52
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario holds position, behind and just to the right of Brodak, as he watches the stairs destabilize.  "Hurry, everyone!"

[Private to GM: 18:50, Yesterday: Mario Crowfoot rolled 10 using 3d6.  DX for footing in collapsing shop (unencumbered) (13).]

This message was last edited by the player at 08:52, Thu 02 Apr 2020.

Kalima
 player, 90 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 23:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Kalima (msg # 778):

With the sounds of the building literally snapping apart in front of her, Kalima realizes that she has to get out of there. " Coming, Aoife?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1961 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 00:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth sees something interesting (to him anyway) and picks it up.  Then he notices everyone scrambling for the door... "Oh right.  We did say 'run' didn't we Akimbo?"

Jareth strides purposefully to the door keeping a firm grip on Akimbo's pocket.  "muffled angry chitter sounds"
Narrator
 GM, 7619 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 20:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 794):

Mancini snatched up a battered leather wallet with something inside, and a silver chased case with something that rattles in it.


[Private to Narrator: Nodwin has a snowglobe worth $800... and a fleshlight. (Invaluable?) Mancini has basically Gurgi's wallet except with the unkillable summer sausage, and a necklace that makes one the center of attention (significance)]
Clarence Montague
 player, 291 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 00:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 799):

Clarence' step faulters as he stopped to consider stuff, and he runs for the nearest exit as he realized he needs to be gone...

[Private to GM: Failed all rolls. DX to grab something failed by 5, by 1 to exit door and dodge roll failed by 4...]
Aoife
 player, 691 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 00:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 800):

Aoife is right with her friend.

"Lead the way, right behind you!"

[Private to GM: Rolled 4 under DX...]
Sederic
 player, 386 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 00:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aoife (msg # 801):

Sederic, his bloodlust having nearly taken him to hell once today, gets control of himself and heads for an exit too...

[Private to GM: Rolled 4 under DX...]
Mancini
 player, 345 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini, having grabbed what he able, exits the quickly deteriorating pocket dimension. He will examine the loot later to determine worth and if its usefulness later.

21:00, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  DX roll 12- to leave

Mancini looks for his traveling companions and goes to see if Jareth's crew is alright.
Kalima
 player, 91 posts
 four armed horror
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Kalima tracks quickly towards the exit, safely exiting without issue.

21:03, Today: Kalima rolled 5 using 3d6.  DX roll 12- to leave.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1962 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Narrator:
each of you make a DX roll.

Sorry forgot to put the rolls in the post above...

20:04, Yesterday: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  DX 10 loot roll.

20:04, Yesterday: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Quality roll.

20:05, Yesterday: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Weirdness Magnet roll.




quote:
As to the "nearest door" folks are departing by the doors they came through - a dex check for anyone unencumbered, and a dodge roll may be needed for those who grabbed loot or shopkeepers to get out safely at this time through any of the three.

I suspect you mean a Dodge roll for any one Encumbered or Grabbing Loot?  What if it's both?  (I suspect almost everyone is at Light Encumbrance at the very least... armored folks are probably worse off)

This will be bad...

21:46, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Dodge 10.

Ymid
 NPC, 97 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 21:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 805):

I meant encumbered by dragging a shopkeeper, plus having handfuls of stuff.


You have a leather case with something heavy in it.

You slip on the disolving stairs, and get snatched by the collar by the Ymid's staff, as it has a collection of odd things under its arm. One of them falls into the void below you and disappears. You have a tremendous sense of vertigo.


[Private to Narrator: rosewood flintlock pistol  inlaid with ivory, mop, and silver, Has a bag of meteoric shot (6 bullets), a powder horn]
Norman
 player, 25 posts
 Guard
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ooc: Norman only has one disgusting shopkeeper to worry about. He forewent the looting in order to make sure Johann got out safely, figuring there will be a bigger reward for turning him over to the Haedereum for torture, err, um, I mean interrogation.
Narrator
 GM, 7628 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 12:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Norman (msg # 807):

Clarence got... something. Make a 3d6 roll for quality of item.

Everyone gets out, and the chalk door strarts to shrink rapidly, even as the stairs disappear from the top down. As you get out, the door to the stairs buckles inward, and is sucked through and then the wall collapses.
Norman
 player, 26 posts
 Guard
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 18:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Good, what does youur sensors tell you about the gate that was there? Is there any changes than before?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 551 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 20:01
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin takes quiet stock of the group, and looks them over somewhat carefully from where he is standing.  "Is anyone hurt?  Is everyone safe?  Did everyone get out all right?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 292 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 23:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 810):

Clarence gets out, then looks at what is in his hand...

[Private to GM: Item quality 14...]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1966 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 00:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth stumbles to a halt in the street, and pats the Ymid's shoulder, "Thanks fer t'e save on t'e stairs."  He shudders, "Been long time since stared The Gate and The Key in t'e eye like that... so to speak."

Then he settles down into a seated position on the street by the wall.  "I just take t'e minute or thirty an catch fy breath."
Mancini
 player, 347 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 02:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini takes a few moments to appraise the items he has newly acquired from the demon shoppe. He also takes time to look carefully at the items, seeking out any hidden panels or the like.

22:34, Today: Mancini rolled 13 using 3d6.  Observation 14 object 2.

22:33, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Observation 14 object 1.

22:31, Today: Mancini rolled 5 using 3d6.  Merchant 16 object 2. Crit!

22:31, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Merchant 16 object 1.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1026 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 09:15
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks around to be sure everyone is accounted for.  Jocelyn, Mellarill, Crotchsniffer, Clarence, Jareth, Nodwin, Brodak -- he points to each as he mentally runs down a (badly spelled) list.  His brow furrows for a moment.

"Oh, right, we left the new guy working on the construction."