Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Aoife
 player, 692 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 08:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 839):

Aoife looks at Kalima after their narrow escape...

"You ok?"

Then she looks around at the others...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1442 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 09:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Ardenas puts a hand on the wall where the chalk door was, feeling for movement or unsteadiness, then lowers his hand.

"So, what, that little goblin turned into the demon that came out of the back room?"

[Private to GM: 05:11, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 14 using 3d6.  Architect (default 6) to check structural condition of wall.]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1977 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 11:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Yeah, an unless it snuck out all invisible like, it ain't no more."
Mancini
 player, 351 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 11:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mancini, using his brilliant memory, recalls what the demon said when he entered the room and saw Kalima for the first time.

"No, I don't think it was like that. I believe it was more like some sort of transit station for their kind. The demon is no more because of Kalima and Aoife's efforts to keep it from escaping before the Eldritch came and devoured it along with the pocket dimension. But, the goblin, most likely moved on to wherever it fled."

Mancini smiled ruefully. "If the Eldritch destroyed all such pocket dimensions and not just one, then we might have some angry demons on us since we made it harder for them to enter our plane of existence."
Narrator
 GM, 7651 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 13:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mancini (msg # 843):

The tentacles you saw were more of a shutdown screen than a presence.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 557 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 15:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After finishing with all of the implements people hnded to him, Nodwin steps to Jareth, where he is sitting against the wall.  "Here, you tell me what is going on with this cylinder, and I will see what I can sense from your balls."

Also, he will comment over his shoulder "I can come with you to see the Hadereum.  They are religious people, and I am always happy to build connections with the appropriate bureaucrats.  I still have a few details to clean up with them after assisting with these tasks."

OOC  Nodwin is young and a bit innocent, so he probably would not realize the dual nature of his comments...

[Private to GM: Let's see, Nodwin just helped destroy a magic pocket dimension which was allowing demons to portal into the very neighborhood he was supposed to recover and protect.  I would think that he should be able to lobby for "duty free" for all the healing potions the flock of Vejovis produce, or get some sort of legal status for their little neighborhood, or something else very cool.

Mind you, that will take points I don't yet have to spend on the character, but it seems very worthy of at least something.
]
Narrator
 GM, 7657 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 21:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 845):

The mirror has a whiff of evil about it, as does Oly's book, but nothing else seems to be evil or eldrich.
Oly
 player, 1206 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 23:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
He thanks Jocelyn and decides he needs to go see Speilgud.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1028 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 08:55
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"So is it time to get back to our own to-do list, Jareth?  Our friend's skiff is nearly fixed, and then there's that other door we have to work on..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 558 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 14:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC  Nodwin was waiting for Jareth to look over his case.  Assuming that has already happened and nothing was found (seems to be implied), he will very carefully open it.  Screw cap means it can be re-closed.  Not sure if there are any markings on it either, none were mentioned.

Also, how would someone from that era do an appraisal on a snow globe?

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1978 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 22:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Yes Mario, exactly that.  Soons fy butt get some good sit down time.  Which enjoyin right now.  Let me catch a few, an get right on it."





Nodwin Zideqick:
Also, how would someone from that era do an appraisal on a snow globe?

OOC: As bric-a-brac?  A "curio from an exotic land"?  A set of good Propaganda and Merchant rolls might net you 'top dollar' for it.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:10, Tue 14 Apr 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 7663 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:39
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 849):

The snow globe might run asvery fine glassware, the rough equivalent or a venitisn floral paperweight.


The cylinder unscrews, revealing a pinkish mouth which whispers huskily
"Give us a kiss"
Mancini
 player, 352 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 15:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"For what's it worth, I would not suggest giving them a kiss."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 559 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 16:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin is fairly easygoing.  He adapts to change fairly well for a young man, and for the most part took meeting the Ymid and all the other things he has seen in stride.  Even entering the magic room suspended on the floating stairs had not really unnerved him so much as piqued his curiosity.  He had seen demond and demon hunters and all sorts of things in the recent past.

He had handled everything until this.

Looking at the husky lips, disembodied and speaking to him in such intimate words...  Nodwin's eyes get big.  he pushes the thing out to the end of his reach, and his jaw twitches for a second, as if he wants to say something.  He cocks his head and swallows, and then wipes the shocked look off his face as he looks at Jareth and asks "What the hell is this thing???"

OOC  Nodwin's personality profile says he should handle this reasonably well.  However, he's a young kid, and has seen a lot over the last 24-48 hours.  And, he has no experience with the ladies.  This object has content he isn't comfortable with in himself, much less in an object.  I went for 'limited freak out'.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1979 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Have no idea.  Maybe... err, ya should experiment privately, later, alone, by yerself, in your room with it?"
Mellarill
 player, 185 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
That  suckin' thing looks like sumpin' a man would use in his room in private, kiss it me ass!
Clarence Montague
 player, 294 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 12:12
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 855):

"Are you sure it is your ass it kisses? Some people might like that I spose...this mirror don't seem quite right, somehow..."

He looks into it to try to work out why...
Sederic
 player, 388 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 12:13
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 856):

Sederic looks around, just glad to be back...
Narrator
 GM, 7669 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 13:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 856):

Clarence looks a bit better than he recalls...



Picture an Instagram beauty filter


Sederic notes that he has a faint lingering odor of brimstone and charcoal.
Mellarill
 player, 186 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 20:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 856):

Mellarill looks at Clarence as if he had just developed a horn ... No Dipstick, it don't kiss yer ass an' I damn sure I would nay kiss it!  I'd kiss me own ass first and that'd be a pain ta do. You slo' er sumpin'?
Clarence Montague
 player, 295 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 23:38
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 859):

"Well, you didn't speak so clearly, and I was jus clarifyin. Do I look different to any of you?"
Mellarill
 player, 187 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 03:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Shee-it, you just don' hear clear is all.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1029 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 11:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks Clarence over carefully.

"That mirror may be playing with your mind, Clarence.  Using your native vanity to draw you into something.  That shop was connected with demonkind in some way, after all."

Suddenly Mario's eyes get big and his hand goes to his quivers.  "Crap!  I'm down a silver arrow, wasn't time to look for it after it bounced off that demon.  I need to get a bottomless quiver for those, but I'll probably never have the scratch to buy one."
Narrator
 GM, 7670 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 18:31
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 862):

Thatsnowglobe also seemed faintly magical to whichever mage handled it.



Mancini and company, go With Kalima.
Clarence Montague
 player, 296 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 21:33
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 863):

"If I don't look any different it probably does. That is what I was trying to work out."

He puts the mirror away.