Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1030 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 23:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"So, once Jareth is rested up, I guess we need to head back home."

He looks up at the sky to check the time by moon or bright stars -- or by the clock in the cathedral tower, if it's visible from here.

"They're hunting demons?  And doing it with a four-armed, three-eyed woman with flames for hair.  Hope they've got their definitions straight."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 560 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 23:35
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin isn't sure what to do with the item in his hand.  He looks at it again a second time, and then cautiously screws the top back on over the lips.  Then he holds it in his hand, uncertain if he should put it in his pack, or drop it and destroy it.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 468 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 00:09
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Perhaps Speilgud can tell you more or even buy it from you...
Clarence Montague
 player, 297 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 18:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 867):

"Maybe he is interested in my mirror too..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 561 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 18:50
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin looks around, noting that the group seems to be milling about without direction.  They needed direction, so he turns to Jocelyn and tells her "Lead on, Jocelyn.  We will unload the items that he is interested in, and then see what our friend the Ymid has to add once we are done with that."

OOC I think we have basically completed our task, correct?  Wouldn't the next step be back to the Junior House, or did we have another objective that I missed?
Narrator
 GM, 7676 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 20:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 869):

You can head back, or try to sell directly.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 469 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:11
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
No Problem, should we swing by our house so Jareth and our friend can rest before those interested go to the Guild?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 562 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin shrugs and then prepares to move.  "That sounds fine with me.  As long as we do not have any other objections."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1031 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:41
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Jareth's doing a fine job of resting right where he is, but in an hour or so, we should probably start by taking the Ymid back to his skiff.  The less he wanders the streets, the less likely we all are to have trouble.  Visiting Spielgud to evaluate collected items can wait until after that, I think."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 470 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 02:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
That was my point, I think.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1980 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 04:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Jocelyn got point.  Less time Ymid out an about, less chance t'e inquisitorial types mistake for demon an decide judiciously burn us all."

Jareth climbs to his feet.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 563 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 16:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
They were right of course.  And Nodwin wastes no time once that reminder is given.  He immediately leads them back to the Junior House, which thankfully is quite close to their present location.
Narrator
 GM, 7684 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 18:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 876):

You arrive safely at Junior house. Nodwin realizes that his presence at the Hadereum with the other group might do some good in acquiring more base for the church and team.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 564 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 20:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
After nodwin makes sure that everyone is safe and accounted for, he hands his items off and tells the group "I want to run to the Hadereum and show up with the other group when they bring in their prisoner.  We might be able to get some more space in town if I can convince them of our worth.  Get whatever cash you can for my items, I trust you to handle it honestly. "

OOC  I had volunteered a number of posts back, because I thought exactly the same thing.  Nodwin will hustle off to rejoin the other group when they arrive at the Hadereum.  They should move slower with Kalima and a prisoner to escort.  Let me know when I can start posting there.

I don't know who has the best Merchant skill in the group.  Nodwin will handl off to them if he knows that someone is skilled.  Otherwise it will be Jareth, as he probably knows the most about the items as a Sage type.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1981 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 01:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"No worries Nodwin, ya talk t'e Hadereum, I'll poke t'e loot some an see what can figure out.  Rest bit, t'en see Ymid off."




OOC:  gwythaint, you want some Hidden Lore (Magic Items) rolls, or Connoisseur (Magic Items), or something?
Narrator
 GM, 7688 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:51
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 879):

Hidden lore, magic items would do.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1982 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 01:54
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Scratching his head over the pile of loot he does seem to remember a few stories pertaining to items of similar description or nature...




OOC:  21:52, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Hidden lore (Magic Items) 11.
Clarence Montague
 player, 298 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 03:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 881):

Clarence really has little idea about magic items, though he does try to learn some details. For now,. He just is glad to get back and see his arachnid friend, and he takes any food for him he can find on the way.
Narrator
 GM, 7693 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 20:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 881):

You are not certain,  but there may be a succubus at the other end of that cylindrical item...the snowgloon the other hand either contrthe weather remotely for the castle seen within, or actually contains a castle...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1983 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 01:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Clarence, yer glass scenery globe might eit'er control weather somewhere, report weather from somewhere, or longshot odds, but might be shrunk, trapped castle in t'ere.  Yer gonna need someone actually cast some spells figure this out."
Clarence Montague
 player, 299 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 07:03
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 884):

"Oh, cool. Except that is not mine. I just have a mirror..."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1984 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 21:32
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Right.  Sorry, too many stories about mirrors.  Probably just makes ya think yer more pretty than ya are, though this," he waggles Nodwin's love tube, "probably has succubes in it.  Or maybe gate midway leadin to succubus mouth, or some ot'er demonic magical foolery.  Best be thoroughly assensed before he... uses it."

Jareth recomenses resting.  Though if he finds himself full rested (which requires one hour) before Nodwin returns he'll recommend they see Ymid off without further wait...
Ymid
 NPC, 98 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 17:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 886):

"There were some items of interest. This device... has a purpose I cannot fathom...it is not magical, but may be somehow religious in nature "
It displays a small red and green device with a garishly painted tin sphere on one side of the end. It presses a trigger on on side, and the sphere spins and opens like a whirling flower,buzzes,  shooting red sparks and revealing a small statue of a gnome with a red pointed cap and red and white clothing, carrying a sack. A moment later, the sparks and noise stop and the sphere closes.

"Then there is this fish... definitely an anomaly. It seems to allow for native level audio interpretation. Also, not of my kind. Such a thing must have been celestially created... and is therefore a foundation of the anti-ontological argument, and proof that the gods do not exist."
Having put away the noise and spark maker, and withdraws a clear bladder of water, containing a small yellow fish.

"This device, with the inscription 'Ronco' seems to perform all manner of vegetable preparation,  it has five blades and an olive pitter. Interesting engineering."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:03, Wed 29 Apr 2020.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1033 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 13:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario looks on at the objects the Ymid displays and describes them.

"The fish translates?  And the thing with the blades, yes, I can see that.  And the spinner's religious?"  He scratches his head.

"Never seen anything like any of them.  There's a stall down in the Artisan market that sells what they call 'prayer wheels', but you just spin those with your hand, they don't have any mechanical parts and they don't open up like that."

Ymid
 NPC, 99 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 17:10
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 888):

"I would say that the device is religious because the figurine is one I have seen as an image of devotion in other worlds.  The fish must be inserted into your ear for it to function... and will grant you use of Borrow Language. The existence of such a creature implies creation, and as proof of that, removes the necessity of faith, without which celestial beings cannot exist."