Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1987 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"But implication be not proof.  This leave open t'e door o' doubt through which faith can slip.  Which also beg t'e question, whet'er t'e gods need faith an belief or whet'er t'ey subside without, but sup upon believer's faith like fine wine instead o' plain water o' existence?"

Jareth pulls out the bag of iron balls and hefts it thougthfully.

"Take for example fy, ahhh, patron.  All t'e lore of The Gate and The Key is that will be t'ere after t'e end of time an ever shall be, without any of us on this or any ot'er mundus gettin involve with it.  An yet, it grants indulgence upon those that appeal.  Mayhap t'e gods this mundus work similar wise, t'ey answer those what offer up faith an belief in trade for power."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1033 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 11:26
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Okay, this is starting to sound like some of the arguments the Brothers used to get into after the vesper meal, when they had wine with the pottage.

"The very existence of the world implies creation, does it not?  Else how could something come from nothing?  Yet that doesn't make faith invalid; an implication is not proof, so it takes an act of faith to believe what's implied is the truth."


Mario shakes his head sharply.  "And that kind of argument still gives me a headache."

This message was last updated by the player at 11:26, Thu 30 Apr 2020.

Clarence Montague
 player, 300 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 06:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 891):

This discussion is way to complicated for a lantern bearer...
Ymid
 NPC, 100 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 20:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 891):

"In the beginning was the void, without form...and we preferred it that way."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:22, Sat 02 May 2020.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1989 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 22:00
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"An be so again t'e end.  Though, t'e meantime ya seem be enjoyin t'e experiences of linearity, no?"



OOC:  Let me know when it's been an hour or so an Jareth's FP tanks are topped up, and we can see Ymid off.  Unless we're waiting for Nodwin to return? (which is fine by me)
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1034 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 22:42
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Yet --"  Mario abruptly goes silent.


"Jareth?"  He whispers.  "Shouldn't we just let him have the last, um, word?"
Narrator
 GM, 7724 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 3 May 2020
at 19:05
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 895):

Time is about up, Nodwin is on the way to the VC Hadereum, and still in the With Kalimsa thread.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1991 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sun 3 May 2020
at 21:37
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Done restin, I can work some gate wuju if needed, so let's see our friend Ymid off t'en?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1035 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 4 May 2020
at 09:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Okay.  Best that way, I'm sure.  I've kind of gotten used to, um, it, but we've got other business, too."
Ymid
 NPC, 101 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 6 May 2020
at 16:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 898):

The ymid boards its skiff, after gathering its odd treasures, and the basket with the Yr-go. The thrumm of thousands of insect wings is nearly drowned out by the beating of the hearts that circulate flying potion through its craft.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1995 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
When we get to the gate Jareth ask, "Ymid, does openin t'e gate drain ya energies?"
Ymid
 NPC, 102 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 11 May 2020
at 16:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 900):

"It does consume some energy to engage the gate. Iy you have need to commune further, find the one the Yr-go. Was grown from. That person can become a conduit."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1997 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 12 May 2020
at 03:28
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"T'en I open t'e gate, let ya conserve energy.  An yeah, we ever need ya or find somethin interest, look into communin."


Jareth begins chanting at the gate in eldritch, keeping it simple and generic and leaving names out of it.




OOC:  23:24, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 5 using 3d6.  Control Gate 15.  Opening the gate to the Vale of Pnath.

YAY!  A critical success...  yay... oh no...  well at least it means the Pspell was free...

Jareth is at full FP, I just forgot to top up his bio...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:30, Wed 20 May 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 7753 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 May 2020
at 16:43
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 902):

It is free... just make a further roll...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1998 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 10/10 PF 0/8
Tue 12 May 2020
at 21:23
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:  17:22, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 8 using 3d6.  Critical Spell Success follow-up.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1036 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 May 2020
at 23:57
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
As Jareth chants, Mario raises his bow, watching the gate for anything that might try to come through when it opens.
Clarence Montague
 player, 301 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Wed 13 May 2020
at 02:14
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 905):

Clarence just watches on...
Narrator
 GM, 7763 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 14 May 2020
at 17:27
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 904):

Needed a 6 or lower for Attention and a 15 or worse for something large to be waiting outside the gate...


The weird runes flicker and shift, the gate opens onto the field of bones. In the distance, some things fly around a tower.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 573 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 14 May 2020
at 20:02
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC  From the Kalima thread:

The juniors get another deed of property, (2 more points of base) and $1000. Now for the rest...

---> I assume this is for each person?

[Private to GM: Nodwin has the following Junior House advantages:

Guild Membership - Adventurer's Guild (Basic)  1
Base - Junior House - pooled  4
Tax Free  1

Adding 2 points gives him Base 6.
* What's the going rate on a House of Worship (Vejovis)?
* Would that be more appropriate in the temple district?

I'd also like the House of Worship (Vejovis) to include refugees with Pharmacy (Herbology).  The previous character liked to collect seeds as a quirk.  It seems like a good tie in.
* Would it be better to have the temple in the temple district and a storefront here (maybe we could supply Benito...)(That would be a good use of Selflessness...)?
* Would that mean Ally (small group) for the refugees learning the trade?
* Nodwin has Herb Lore 10.  If approved he probably should add a point?

Finally, Nodwin already has a place to live.  Guild Rank seems like a bad choice for him.
* I think No Hassles might be appropriate for him, especially given his Selflessness and Truthfulness?
]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1038 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 14 May 2020
at 22:08
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Once the view through the gate confirms nothing hostile coming through (at least immediately), Mario lowers his bow.

"Off you go, then, Ymid.  It's been interesting."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2000 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 10/10 PF 0/8
Fri 15 May 2020
at 01:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth puts his hand out to the Ymid to shake, "Has been interestin, good luck an safe travels."
Ymid
 NPC, 103 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sat 16 May 2020
at 14:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 910):

Regards to the wizard who taught the spell, if encountered.  Interesting it has been. Ware the reavers, I sense a proximity node."

With the Yr-go in tow, it sails its skiff through the gate and accross the sea of bones.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:51, Sat 16 May 2020.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1039 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 16 May 2020
at 16:19
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"He means Ludlow, doesn't he?  If I see him again, I might just regard him with an arrow.  I'd rather worry about the wording for a wish than something really random like that."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2003 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 10/10 PF 0/8
Sat 16 May 2020
at 21:07
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth stares at the gate and offhandedly replies, "Yeah, Ludlow.  Put his name on one yer arrows.  He's too much chaos in one person.  May have eventually do something unpleasant."


He stares hard at the gate another moment and then makes a gestures to close it.
Clarence Montague
 player, 303 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sat 16 May 2020
at 21:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 913):

"What did he mean by 'ware the reavers, I sense a proximity node'? There is something nasty known as reavers around somewere?"