Hunting for a specialty shop.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1041 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 17 May 2020
at 10:49
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I don't recall hearing of such a thing, but then I'd never heard of a ghula until a few days ago.  Or a Ymid."
Narrator
 GM, 7784 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 May 2020
at 18:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 908):

Cash was between everyone, not individually and slightly better than a day's wages ($60/day for 125 pts, $30 for 62 pts) this is a small potatoes reward, selling gear found might be profitable... that mother of pearl inlaid cherrywood and silver handgonne that Jareth has is worth something...
Clarence Montague
 player, 304 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 17 May 2020
at 22:18
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 916):

And the mirror Clarence grabbed? He will try to sell it.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 575 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 18 May 2020
at 02:20
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC Nodwin is with Kalima, but will be returning shortly - remember his succubus lips and castle orb.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2006 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 10/10 PF 0/8
Mon 18 May 2020
at 04:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Reavers probably some piracy group sailin t'e gates t'e Outer Planes.  Probably from t'e Dreamlands... hmm.  Could be t'e Shan, t'ey aren't usually referred to as 'reavers' through t'e Ymid might call 'em that if t'ey do eat fungi critters as suspected... should consult Livre d'Eibon..."


Jareth leans against the wall and pantomimes quickly leafing through books.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1042 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 18 May 2020
at 09:04
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Do I need to find a way to afford more silver-tipped arrows?"   Mario looks thoughtful for a moment.  "Okay, let me rephrase -- how many more silver arrows should I try to find a way to afford?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 305 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Mon 18 May 2020
at 09:16
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 920):

"I am not sure I like the sounds of that..."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 471 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 18 May 2020
at 17:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
It does seem a bit confusing, need we be on Guard, Jareth?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1043 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 18 May 2020
at 23:06
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Mario scoffs.

"When have we not needed to be on guard?  If it wasn't cultists and their exploding demon brats, it was ghula and their ilk, or spiders big enough to wrap a man -- or Ymid -- like a bug.

"My main concern is how to afford enough silver arrows, and what happens when we meet something that's immune to silver as well as my ordinary iron tipped one."

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2007 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 10/10 PF 0/8
Tue 19 May 2020
at 01:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Jareth quickly 'skims' through a few more mental tomes, "Nothin bout 'reavers', probably somethin t'e Ymid needs worry over.  T'ey probably on t'e ot'er side..."

Jareth quickly chants in eldritch and taps out a non-rhythmic sequence with his feet, then slowly spins in a circle.



OOC:  21:09, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Scry Gate 15.  Costs 3 FP.
MoS +1, Long Distance Modifiers:  -1 equal 1/2 mile.

Excluding this gate and any others he knows about...  Jareth gets a feel for the closest active Gate within a 1/2 mile.  If they are closed he won't feel them at all (closed gates are at a -2).

Clarence Montague
 player, 306 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Tue 19 May 2020
at 01:29
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 923):

"Hey, not all of the spiders are hostile. My eight-legged friend, for example, or Ymid...some of them are just mis-understood."
Narrator
 GM, 7795 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 May 2020
at 17:17
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 925):

Therenis an active gate in the vicinty of temple hill, and another far below the city.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2008 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 7/10 PF 0/8
Wed 20 May 2020
at 20:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"Right, nothin we need worry over.  No open gates anywhere near, so probably somethin open t'e Vale of Pnath."

Jareth takes another hard look at the gate as though daring it to open up.  Then he turns to address everyone.

"Now t'en.  We gonna wait down here fer Nodwin, wait upstairs, or is t'ere ot'er business want get to?  We got t'e sword an t'e stone still deal with.  Nodwin wandering around with fat purse o' gold nuggees, an t'e globe of snow an sucky-sucky wand, don't tell him I said that, an Clarence has got magic mirror.  This is startin sound like fairy tale...  even includin t'e pile o' corpses yet unsorted an any ot'er otyughs runnin about loose."

Jareth looks around, "Did I forget anything?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 307 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:34
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 927):

"Sounds about right. Lets get these things sorted and see how our engineer friend is doing..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1044 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 20 May 2020
at 22:45
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"I don't know how Nodwin would know to find us down here, so we'd be better to go backup upstairs, I think.  What time is it getting to be?  I feel like I just got up, and like I've been on the go for days."
Narrator
 GM, 7801 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 May 2020
at 17:44
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 929):

In the basement, the builder has put in a proper lintel  and doorframe,  and mounted the door.

That other gate is further away than the bone gate, deeper in.
Benito Drake
 player, 62 posts
 Respectable shopkeeper
 Can I help you?
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:30
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Narrator (msg # 930):

How have things gone supporting the foundations? Should I roll civil engineering for that?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 580 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:36
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC Nodwin will be upstairs tending to the refugees when you guys finish up in the basement.  He would not know exactly where to go looking for you, although that would be one of the logical assumptions.  Not really safe for him to look there by himself, though.
Clarence Montague
 player, 310 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:46
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 932):

Clarence, after greeting his pet and reaffirming their friendship, head down to provide light for the work...and vermin removal should any rat be foolish enough to show.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2014 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 7/10 PF 0/8
Sat 23 May 2020
at 02:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Upon finding Nodwin upstairs, Jareth recounts the Ymid's departure (Jareth is pretty blasť about any possible 'reavers' opening gates, "T'ere nay any near that weren't t'ere hour or so ago"), and again brings up the outstanding things that need taken care of, to wit:

"Still got t'em bodies dispose of, t'e sword an stone, t'e extended basement finish checkin over*, possible otyughs on t'e loose, an t'e dead sewer worker to figure out what needs doin with."

"Also now with t'e sellin of new, an still some old, loot.  What ye figure on first?"





OOC:  * The whole side tunnel missed in our previous excitement to fight cultists and demons (it's past the 'kitchen' area).
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 581 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sat 23 May 2020
at 03:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
Nodwin thinks for a minute.  Lots of things to do, and none of them really required the whole group.  In his mind it made sense to be more efficient and take care of as much as possible all at once.

"Well, I want to get the refugees set up here.  I understand Benito wants to start a store front.  It just so happens that I came back with some additional deeds, thanks to our help in the floating demon knick knack shoppe.  If I get the refugees set up making some healing salves, we could help Benito get up and running.  Perhaps he could take all of our mundane items as well?

The sword, stone, and all the items we found in that floating room need to be sold.  Perhaps Jareth and Jocelyn could go handle that part of things.  We would all stand around doing nothing at a magic shop.

That would leave whoever is left to handle bodies.  I could assist with that once I get the refugees set up.

Once everyone is done with tasks, perhaps we could regroup and explore that tunnel we missed?"



OOC I know, the Boss's first rule is don't talk about fight club don't split the group.  Most of this can be done off camera, so we in theory could fast forward through most of it, with the exception of the magic sales.  However, if we want to do it together we could assume Nodwin handles the refugees off camera, and Benito does his work off camera, and then all go to the magic shop together.  I'll take suggestions on what the boss and the group prefers to do.
Benito Drake
 player, 63 posts
 Respectable shopkeeper
 Can I help you?
Sat 23 May 2020
at 03:47
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 935):

Most of Benito's work is off camera. Probably pretty much all of it, actually. If there is a refugee with the gift of the gab that can be trusted to sell stuff, they can be the store clerk, since Benito is really the craftsman. That way, we can dump all the stuff to be sold with the clerk, and then he sells it for best price off camera, while Benito, also off camera, does his thing in making the building safe, and then doing special orders, etc. Isn't that how such things usually work?

Though a refugee with Merchant better than 14 might be hard to beat...

This message was last edited by the player at 03:48, Sat 23 May 2020.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2015 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 7/10 PF 0/8
Sat 23 May 2020
at 03:53
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
"T'e stone need be removed from sword an used below, remember t'e alchemy lab wanted setup?  Ot'erwise, ya, sound good."





OOC:
Nodwin Zideqick:
OOC I know, the Boss's first rule is don't talk about fight club don't split the group.  Most of this can be done off camera...

When was the last time ya saw the boss run anything off-camera?  Even a "quick run out for meatpies" involves an NPC with a backstory and troubles that give adventurers indigestion.

But I'm fine with your suggestion.

Benito Drake
 player, 64 posts
 Respectable shopkeeper
 Can I help you?
Sat 23 May 2020
at 03:56
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 937):

You mean my Alchemy Lab? I have the gear and some (limited) skill, just need a room. And one for smithing, and carpentry, and Jewellery, and stoneworking...he may want more than a single room over time...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 2016 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP 9/9 FP 7/10 PF 0/8
Sat 23 May 2020
at 05:22
Re: Hunting for a specialty shop
OOC:
Benito Drake:
You mean my Alchemy Lab? I have the gear and some (limited) skill, just need a room. And one for smithing, and carpentry, and Jewellery, and stoneworking...he may want more than a single room over time...

No.