The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Nana Yurick
 player, 36 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana tags along.
"Hey! Wait for me!"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:20, Wed 22 Jan.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 53 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:24
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 466):
"Take a rest, my friend. Let the poultice do it's thing, and keep those legs propped up. Do you have any housekeeping, cooking, or bartending experience?"

Kazimir asked the wounded youth.
Narrator
 GM, 7302 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:36
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 471):

While aldus rests with his leg elevated, the others descend with their equipment and use the shovel to clear enough rats aside toblay out the old canvas sheet.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 31 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda begins to light the lamps inside for the night, and feeds and waters Boris.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 54 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:56
The Mug and Cauldron
16:52, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6 ((5,5,2)). Balaika ~ 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uFoaYe_OGg (the actual melody)
Kazimir begins to play an old Shevnian military march, suitable for the battle against the rats...
Sparky
 player, 50 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 22:54
The Mug and Cauldron
That's a nice Plucky tune...
Aldous Hack
 player, 86 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 10:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sorry, Kazimir, I'm good at getting into places I shouldn't be, and getting out of them again, I can use my knives, or a smallsword if I could get one, and I know my way around town, especially the Artisan district."  He waves vaguely in that direction.  "I don't know anything about business or cooking or drinks.  I can run a broom or a shovel, but I haven't done much of either.  Too much competition, not enough pay.

"I'm afraid the things I do best are fighting and stealing."

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 55 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 13:08
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir nodded. "Sounds like I hired a lot of adventurers!"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 58 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 19:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Immediately noticing the carnage Fisher smiles at their handiwork.  They make a good team.  He begins scooping and shoving rat bodies and guts out of the way so he can lay down the tarp.  From above he hears the sweet music played by one of the inn folk.  He yells up,  ”Beautiful!”.

As he goes about his work he wonders if and when they'll run across the undead spkoen of earlier.  He's heard many a tale about corpses moving about, some with flesh and some without.  At first he always thought these were lies.  How can a pile of bones stand up on its own and move around?  What holds it together without the organs and blood and what-not?  But he's heard these stories so many times told so convincingly that he now has little doubt of the validity.


OOC:
With Thorg, Nana and Sven to help however they like lay out the tarp and begin shoveling/ pushing/ dragging/ tossing rat bodies onto the tarp.  When the tarp looks to have a full load carry it upstairs and dump it in the appropriate place.  Do not fill the tarp so much as to make it too ungainly or cumbersome.  Better to make lots of little trips with easy loads than a few trips with awkward loads where we spill.

Sword is sheathed.  Shield is nearby but out of the way.


Aine Walsh
 player, 19 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 21:24
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 478):

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You did not think that a cute little lass 11 inches long could SNORE like that!
Nana Yurick
 player, 37 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:17
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana grimaced at the scene.
"Ick! Ack!! Gross!!!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 75 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:21
The Mug and Cauldron
"Looks like progress, and it looks good."
Aldous Hack
 player, 87 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:44
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'm no adventurer, or anyhow not yet, those're just what's needful to keep body and soul together for 'n orphan livin' rough in the Artisan.  A real adventurer'd have a sword, real armor, maybe a bow or crossbow 'stead of just a spare knife to chuck an' hope to get back.

"But you were lookin' fer folk to kill yer rats.  Plenty a' them in Artisan, but I never seen 'em like that basement."

Narrator
 GM, 7314 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:31
The Mug and Cauldron
The first  tarpload of dead rays goes up without incident,  this should take three more loads..

On the third trip, two swarms of rats approach...
Aine Walsh
 player, 20 posts
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:48
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 483):

zzzZZZZzzz...
Thorg
 player, 53 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:02
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 483):

Thorg goes to work on the rats...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 76 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:26
The Mug and Cauldron
21:14, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 10 using 2d6.  swung axe, 2d cut dmg (x1.5) .

21:13, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13.

Svendegard hacks at the swarm!
Nana Yurick
 player, 38 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:28
The Mug and Cauldron
21:23, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 5 using 1d6-1.  1d -1 impaling, x2.

21:22, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  knife ~ 14 (thrust) 1d-1 impaling x2.

21:21, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 1 using 1d6-1.  knife ~ 14 (thrust) 1d-1 impaling x2.(mistake)

Nana thrusts with her long knife, aiding her brother.
Narrator
 GM, 7321 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 13:47
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 487):

Sven clears one swarm, and  Thorg and Nana clear the other.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 59 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 16:08
The Mug and Cauldron
When two swarms of rats appear out of the corners of the shadowed room Porter puts his hand on the hilt of his weapon but he is too slow.  The others have already dispatched the foul vermin.  Black sets himself back to work tossing the small carcasses onto the tarp and hauling it up.


OOC:
Continue the work of removing rat bodies.


Kazimir Yurick
 player, 56 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 01:32
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 482):
"I have a feeling the rats are just a symptom of something worse...but let's all hope, it's lucrative, eh?"

Nana Yurick
 player, 39 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 02:02
The Mug and Cauldron
21:00, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 10 using 3d6.  observation ~ 13.
Nana takes the time to observe the area, and keeps an eye out for anything lurking.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 77 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 02:10
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'll get the hammer and nails, and we'll hang a proper light here. Then, we can carry the brick with us, and have it's excellent light."
He goes up behind a load of rats-in-a-blanket, and using a stool, stands and hammers a nail into the beam, on which to hang a lantern was prepared to hang.
Thorg
 player, 54 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 02:12
The Mug and Cauldron
He goes to check the darker corners with the new light to see if there are holes or doorways we haven't seen.
Aine Walsh
 player, 21 posts
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 21:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 493):

ZZzzzz   ZZ zzz