The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6875 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:06
The Mug and Cauldron
A few blocks north and east of the barely populated area around the street collapse is an old tavern and inn, abandoned since plague times. A family named Yurick has reopened it as the Mug and Cauldron.
The building and its standard is on the corner of the block. To Monroe side, it shares a wall with a baker, and the stableyard shares a wall with a Warren of tenements and alleyways, a fair number of which are occupied by local laborers.

The tavern is run down, and in need of repairs, but that makes it a cheap place to stay for now... pity about the rat problem the innkeeper just hasn't had time to deal with...
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 10 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:34
The Mug and Cauldron
A green-cloaked shevnian woman, pulls up to the tavern's stables, in a wagon drawn by an ox.
A fair haired older man, sits in front with her, holding a lute. Two older teens throw apples at each other, in the back, laughing.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 2 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ow!" *laughs*
Nana Yurick
 player, 2 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:43
The Mug and Cauldron
01:38, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 13.
The red-cloaked brunette, leaps from the wagon, doing a backflip, landing on the cobblestone.
She wields another apple in her hand, laughing, as she prepares to fling it at her brother.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:39, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 11 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:50
The Mug and Cauldron
The older woman, drops the reins, and steps down from the wagon, and begins unhitching the ox, while the husband, opens the stable doors. Turning, she looks back at the commotion and scolds in Shevnian:"Прекрати эту ерунду! Теперь нам нужны эти яблоки, так что прекратите бросать их, и начать загрузку их внутрь!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 3 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:56
The Mug and Cauldron
The girl sighs in an exaggerated manner, and tosses the would-be missle, back into the bushel basket. She replies in accented Aralaise: "You're such a slave-driver, mother! Sometimes I feel like we're indentured!"

This message was last edited by the player at 06:26, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 7 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 06:24
The Mug and Cauldron
The father emerges from the stables, and once open, the family rolls on inside, and begins unloading various foodstuffs, and a number of barrels and casks. A mixture of accented Aralaise, and Shevnian and laughter can be heard from within. The mother's distinctive Shevnian can be heard inside:"Казимир, дорогая.. Будете ли вы размещать, что уведомлениеиз передней? Мы просто слишком заняты, чтобы заботиться об этих крысах, и они больше, чем кошки могут справиться!" A moment later, "Kazimir" the man's name is, emerges with a vellum posting in Shevian and Aralaise, that reads: "Help wanted, Inquire Within!"
He takes a few nails from his mouth, and hammers the posting, near the door, above which the tavern's sign can be seen, depicting a frothing mug and a steaming cauldron.
"Сделано. Итак, что на ужин?" The man jovially replies, heading back inside..

This message was last edited by the player at 08:24, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Aldous Hack
 player, 4 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 09:11
The Mug and Cauldron
A young man, above average height and dressed in light leathers, with curly brown hair poking out from under his leather cap, idles up to read the newly posted notice.  He glances sidelong up and down the street, then pushes the door open.

"I saw the man put up a notice.  What sort of help do you need?"  His Aralaise has the easy flow of a native speaker.  "Oh, and nice sign!"

The man is slender, and carries a large knife on his right side, with three smaller knives arrayed across the back of his belt.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 3 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 09:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Hearing the Aralaise announce himself, the burly Shevnian youth, pokes his head around the corner, an apple in his mouth. He removes it, and yells: "Hey Dad! Somebody about the job!!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 10:33, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 8 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 09:57
The Mug and Cauldron
The youth disappears, then a girl's face pops 'round, followed by an attractive older woman, who looks to be their mother. Shortly, a Shevnian man, with a scar across one eye, walks into the bar. "Welcome! Please, come inside."
The man pours from an earthenware pitcher, a fizzy beverage, into a wooden cup, that is not unlike a small beer. "Have some kvass! My name is Kazimir, and my family and I are hoping we can find a solution to our rat infestation. We can provide food and drinks, mainly... but we can put together some coin as well.. Interested?"
The Shevnian hands the man the drink.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 09:58, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 2 posts
 Young swordsman
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 18:48
The Mug and Cauldron
An athletic young man walks in to the bar, presumably to have a drink.  He is tall and broad shouldered with thick forearms but not overly packed with bulging muscles.  His dark hair is thick and unkempt and ends above the shoulder and he sports a thin untrimmed beard.  As he crosses the tavern his leathers creak quietly hinting that they have yet to be worn in.

The young man, barely into his twenties sets his shield down ready to order something when he over hears the prospect of a job.  He joins in without being invited.  His eyes sparkle at the mention of paid work.  ”I”m looking for work.  I'll kill rats for ya if there's coin in it.”
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 9 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 19:33
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir nods, and pours the other man a cup, and sets it on the bar for him.
"Welcome then. There's rather alot of them, and they've gotten comfortable here. We'll never be a respectable place, until we get rid of them. Who might you fellows be?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:36, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Aldous Hack
 player, 5 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 21:50
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'm Aldous Hack.  Northport born and bred, as I hear by your speech you're not."  He pauses to take a cautious sip of the kvass"Wow, that's different."  He takes another sip.  "Kind of tangy, a little bit of a buttermilk undertaste.  I could get used to it, I think.

"Anyway, I've been doing this and that, for meals or drinks when there was no coin in it, for some years now.  Not a fan of rats, so I have no problem in removing them, though here in Northport, rats come in several flavors -- some are just pests, others can hurt you if you don't watch your step.

"You don't have the kind with poison quills, I hope?"

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 10 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 09:42
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yes, we are Shevnian. You like the kvass? It's good for you! The next batch has mint, added. We make it from day-old bread, and we're fortunate enough to have bakers for neighbors. As to the rats, so far all I have seen, have been the common variety. Since we're all so close, perhaps the baker will help us put a pot together for your efforts, as getting rid of these pests, would help us all!"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 3 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 18:41
The Mug and Cauldron
Black smiles when the barkeep mentions that there is an abundance of rats.  In his minds eye he can see a fat coin purse in his hand for all the work to come.

The young mercenary nods at the other man inquiring about work as he sips at the drink gifted to him.  ”Mmm.  That is different.  Nice flavor.”  Fisher smiles warmly as he sizes up the man he's going to be fighting side by side with.  ”Nice to meet ya Hack.  Name's Porter.”

He stands a bit, quietly and then it occurs to him, only through experience, that when people are paying for something they typically want to know the value of what they're getting.  So Black offers a simple resume.  ”Same here.  Northport born.  I spent some time in a local militia, so I'm pretty handy with this.”  He pats the sword dangling from his belt.
Aldous Hack
 player, 6 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 21:52
The Mug and Cauldron
"Pleased to meet you, Porter.  Don't know that you'll get too far with rats using that -- take you longer to swing it around than it does for a rat to run in under it.  Got good sturdy boots?

"I've practiced with the smallsword, but times are tight.  I'll get one when I can; meantime, I'll have to hope my leathers will turn most of the rat bites.  Or try to stick them from a distance, but then I have to worry about them running off with my knives."

Thorg
 player, 1 post
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 22:10
The Mug and Cauldron
Another body comes through the door, Back pack frame, spear and a quiver of Javelins  You need  a Guard or sumthin'?
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 11 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 23:33
The Mug and Cauldron
"Not as much of a guard,than an exterminator! You see...We have a very biiiiig rat problem. They keep welling up out of the cellar! If you can find their nests, and wipe them out, I'll provide food, drinks, and put together a pot, with the baker, to add some coin in it, for you." Kazimir takes another wooden cup, and pours the newcomer some kvass, setting on the bar for him.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:35, Fri 11 Oct 2019.

Thorg
 player, 2 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 04:31
The Mug and Cauldron
The man walks over and looks at the cup... what'a I owe you for it?  He raises it sniffs it and turns his head to the side a bit... what is it?
Get rid o rats? I can help.... is there a place we can stay? an How much is food here?
He sets the back pack down and spying a fat healthy rat, draws a Javelin ... sort o' over kill, but good practice I suppose.

He hauls back and throws the javelin at the rat.
He then takes a sip of the proffered cup... swishes it around in his mouth a bit before swallowing ... Interestin' stuff.
He puts the cup down and goes to pick up his Javelin, checking it as he brings it back.
Narrator
 GM, 6886 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 04:56
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 19):

As good as the Kvass is, most Northporters will be looking for conventional ale or beer. In the basement had been glimpsed some racks for barrels and bottles... among the rats.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 12 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 10:12
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 19):
"It's similar to a small beer, and it's on the house. You can sleep in the stables, and if you want stronger drink, I think my wife can manage something."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 10:12, Sat 12 Oct 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 4 posts
 Young swordsman
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 16:56
The Mug and Cauldron
Black notes the big man enter and assert himself as a guard.  Never hurts to have more hands on a job.  Then again, too many hands means smaller shares all around and Fisher hopes there wont be too many more applicants.

He watches the newcomer throw his javelin and quips with a smile.  ”Nice toss friend.  Name's Porter.  What's yours?”

Black downs the rest of his Kvass and answers the barkeep.  ”I'll take something stronger.  And some stew if you've got it.  If I'm going to be fighting rats might as well do it on a full stomach.”
Thorg
 player, 3 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 18:04
The Mug and Cauldron
My Thanks, I am called Thorg ... grew up in Northport and became a soldier for a while, but wanted more variety in my day. 
He turns to the Inn Keeper  Do you want these rats we kill for any reason?
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 13 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 23:47
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 23):
"For keeps? No.. But gather up their remains, so's we don't stink up the place. We'll provide sacks. There will be soup, and knishes tonight. You can hang hammocks, or bed down on the straw in the stables. Don't mind Boris, our Ox..He might fuss a bit, but you'll get used to each other. If you see Paskha and Koshka, tell them they are out of a job!"
The man laughs jovially.
He thinks for a moment...
"You know, you could probably sell those rats to some goblins, or even the guild kitchens, as rumor has it, that's what goes into the "hot brown", over there!"

Thorg
 player, 4 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 01:14
The Mug and Cauldron
Many eat them, as meat can be expensive, Rats are readily available.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 14 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 02:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yes...Well, all's halal that ends well, and you dim-sum, you lose some!"
The Shevnian joked.
"I'd lose my Inn, if I served rat!"
Then, getting business-like, he added:
"Scared meat, is lowest I'll go, in that regard."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 02:14, Sun 13 Oct 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6890 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 04:27
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 26):

The yard outside the inn has an old pile of refuse beside the kitchen door. there is a gate out to the street, and beside the stables is an outhouse, apparently used in common by the neighborhood, as there are a couple of doors that open onto the stable yard ( the one next to the inn leads to the bakery that shares a wall, and the other leads to a run down house that shares a wall with the stable yard.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 4 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 04:46
The Mug and Cauldron
The son comes into the bar noisily, with several spigoted casks, and jugs on a rough, hand-cart. "Here's what Ma turned out, Dad. There's cider and mead in the jugs, and the casks are ale, and berry and fruit wines, like you asked for."
He looks over the group of newcomers to his home.
"Hello, and welcome. I'm Sven. Mom sure will be happy to know the notice was answered so fast. You know she can tell fortunes?, and if you get hurt, or poisoned, she can take care it. Are you staying with us tonight?"

This message was last edited by the player at 04:48, Sun 13 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 15 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 04:58
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yes son, I'll go speak to the baker about helping us put together coin, after they see the help i've brought to take care of our rats. Take over the bar, and give them three drinks on the house, whatever they want. I'm going to prepare the stables for our guests, and then I'll tell Hetty we're having guests tonight, so she'll make enough food for everyone."
The man oddly takes his lute with him for the task, as he heads out the door.
Narrator
 GM, 6893 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 05:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 29):

At the moment, the lower level of the tavern, which is a large L shaped space with
two double doors opening to the common area, a small door exiting to the yard behind
 the stairs and near the kitchen, and another one from the main area.
  The bar, which marks the divider between the main hall and the kitchen area,
is across from the stairs up to the rooms... which still
need to be cleared out. Below those stairs is a door to the cellars, currently barred shut.

The main hall, its roof supported by a double row of posts about three yards apart,
 is cluttered with broken furniture, maybe only one of the tables is intact, and possible a bench.

Kasmir has managed to get one of the upstairs rooms swept out for his family's use,
but the guest rooms are currently unlivable.

This building has been unoccupied for about forty years, during which the rats have
 chewed the furniture to kindling, and their filth is everywhere.  In addition to the
 rat catcher signs, there are some posted for servants to help clean the place.


https://drive.google.com/open?...UDsF0Y9fiM_8tonw8xor

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:17, Sun 13 Oct 2019.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 5 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 08:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Svendegard talks, as he stocks the empty bar.
"See all this junk in here? The other rooms are just as bad.. So, that's why we're putting you up in the stables. And then, there's the garbage heap, right outside the kitchen door. Everything is pretty bad still, and we could use some help cleaning up, if you're looking for more work. Dad said you can each have three drinks, on the house. We have mulberry and elderberry wine, peach and plum wine, mead and cider, a malty porter, and a well-hopped, lager are on tap. What'll it be?" "
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 5 posts
 Young swordsman
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 13:33
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher thinks over the menu of drinks.  There is quite a large offering for a place that cant serve them at the moment, and the oddity is lost on the simple mercenary.   ”Hmmm, I'll take a lager, and the two wines.”

Shortly after there is an offerofs more work in the form of cleaning up.  While the idea of sweeping up rat shit isn't appealing Black doesn't see it that way.  His vision is narrowed so that he only sees the end result, coin in his purse.


OOC: Porter will sleep in the stables.  He will happily hire on as a cleaner of junk as well as a killer of rats.
Thorg
 player, 5 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 19:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg nods at the young mans offer, Just a glass of your Porter for now, thank you. I'll help with clearing the junk as well, and make a place in the stables.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 6 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Mon 14 Oct 2019
at 04:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven gets the men their drinks.
Aldous Hack
 player, 7 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 14 Oct 2019
at 09:25
The Mug and Cauldron
"Best keep it light before dealing with rats.  I'll just have a porter for now."  He drains the kvass in his cup and hands it over to be refilled.

"Father Robards always claimed garbage piles attracted rats, so I'm sure you'll want to get that cleared up when you can."
Thorg
 player, 6 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 14 Oct 2019
at 18:07
The Mug and Cauldron
We will I think, it's a step toward our goals, No?
Aldous Hack
 player, 8 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 14 Oct 2019
at 22:17
The Mug and Cauldron
"True enough.  Necessary, but not sufficient.  Else these good folks would have just done that, rather than hire us."
Narrator
 GM, 6896 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 20:43
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 37):

There is a scratching sound from 5he barred basement door...
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 6 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:24
The Mug and Cauldron
The young former militia man turned mercenary sits at the bar seemingly unphased by the filth, debris and assorted trash all around.  There is much work to be done which means a small bag full of coin and for now there is free room and board.  Black hasn't been this pleased in a while.

As the discussion abounds of what drinks are offered and taken the young man's head turns every time the word 'porter' is tossed around and every time it is, he turns to the speaker and asks sincerely, ”Ya?”

Just as he is settling in to his three free drinks and weighing which would be the best he hears the scratching noise at the basement door.  He smiles, happy that his services have a need.  ”Well.  Time to earn my keeper.”


OOC:
Black will leave his pack by the bar by his drinks.  He will don his shield, draw his sword and head to the basement door.  He will wait for the others to assemble.

Aldous Hack
 player, 9 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:38
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hmm.  Either someone's dog got locked in down there, or those are some bold rats."  He sniffs.  "I don't smell dog, but I do smell rat."

He draws the large knife from the right side of his belt, transfers it to his left hand, then reaches behind his back and draws a small knife, flipping it into a throwing grip.

"Ready when you are, Porter."

Narrator
 GM, 6904 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 23:42
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 40):

Lifting the bar should be no problem... keeping the door closed is a quick contest of ST.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 7 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 23:52
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher chuckles.  "I'd say bold rats."


OOC:
When we get close does the noise give any clues to what's behind the door?  I'm not moving the bar until we have at least 3 at the door.  I dont plan on moving the bar anyways as both hands are tied up.  Sword and shield.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 7 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 00:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven comes over to the assembly.
"Ready?, i'll lift the bar, then close the door behind you. I'll be in the bar, so I'll hear you, when you return."
20:41, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  ST ~ 13.
The bar comes out, and Sven grasps the iron handle of the door firmly, holding it shut, with his weight helping.
"Good luck, and be careful down there."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:47, Wed 16 Oct 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 8 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 01:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Black watches the bar man come over to lend a hand and deduces what's about to happen.  He nods to the javelin thrower.  ”Thorg, you in?”


OOC:
So its just me, Hack and I assume Thorg going down?  Before we go I will suggest we take some light.  I dont have a hand free nor do I have a light source in my pack.  If none of the PCs has one can the bar loan us a torch or lantern?

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 8 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 01:40
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC: If nobody has light, Sven can loan you a lantern, from the tavern.
Thorg
 player, 7 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 04:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg comes over after putting his javelin quiver over his should and taking his spear in hand.





OOC - Sorry , been gone all day
Aldous Hack
 player, 10 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 09:07
The Mug and Cauldron
"Woops, almost forgot you don't have lights down there.  Moment, guys."  Perspiring lightly, Aldous resheathes his knives and picks up his own lantern off the bar and lights it.  Then, lantern in his left hand, he draws his large knife.

"Okay, that's better."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 9 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 10:06
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay.. ready?"
Sven will open the door, and let them through, on their signal.
Narrator
 GM, 6910 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 13:41
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 48):

The scratching is louder...
Thorg
 player, 8 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 18:26
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg starts down, spear point first.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 9 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 20:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Black smiles as he sees the men come together.  Fisher is by no means a genius but he's smart enough to know anything could be behind that door, and being ready is a better way to stay alive than not.


OOC:
Now that we have 3 people and some light Porter will say he's ready to go.  Open the door and let's do this!

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 10 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 22:52
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven opens the door!
Aldous Hack
 player, 11 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 17 Oct 2019
at 08:51
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous thrusts his light forward, the better to see into the darkened stairs.
rat bastid
 player, 23 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 16:55
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 53):

Two rats the size of dogs burst through the door!

Those of you who had been Waiting can strike first!
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 10 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 18:26
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher almost giggles with glee when he sees two huge rats burst into the common room.  If these rats were willing to risk life and limb to find something to eat Black can only imagine what else lies in the basement untouched for so long.  All this means lots of things to exterminate which means a long profitable contract!  With the eagerness of a young man chasing women for the first time Black charges into the fray.
Narrator
 GM, 6924 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 19:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 55):

The rats are SM-1, so make an attack roll at -1. These rats are engaging move and attack, so they aren't  defending this turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:35, Fri 18 Oct 2019.

Thorg
 player, 9 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 19:46
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg stabs at the nearest rat with  his spear ...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 11 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 20:11
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven has cleared the door, and moved behind the bar. He's got a boarding axe in his hand.
"Loki's bolts!"
Aldous Hack
 player, 12 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 23:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"Stercore!"  Aldous takes a step and stabs at the nearest rat.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 11 posts
 Young swordsman
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 03:12
The Mug and Cauldron
Black almost jumps forward as he enthusiastically swings and hacks at the dog sized vermin before him.  Giant animals was nothing new to the young mercenary, at least in tales he's heard.
rat bastid
 player, 24 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 22:05
The Mug and Cauldron
The spear just misses the lead rat as it pounces, but Adolus' knife cuts deeply into  its side.
Fisher's swing just nicks an ear, but on the recovery, his hand slips, and his weapon clatters down the steps behind the rats. Luckily, he was able to defend againstthe beast's attempt to bite him.
Thorg
 player, 10 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 23:17
The Mug and Cauldron
Good Cut  He recovers and readies his spear to strike again.

Is there a rat up on this level? or did one go back down the stairs?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Mon 21 Oct 2019.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 13 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 10:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Hearing the commotion, the women peek around the corner.
"Все под контролем, сынок?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 12 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 10:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah, Ma!"
Sven replies, keeping his eyes on the battle. He winces, as he hears Porter's blade, clatter downstairs. At least he still had his shield!
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 12 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 16:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher winces as he looses his grip on his blade and it goes clattering down the stairs.  While it is his most prized possession he isn't worried about damaging it.  He is concerned that his employers might see this misfortune as a lack of skill and decide to change their mind.  Determined not to be outdone Black reaches for his knife.  With gusto he yanks it free and jumps back into the melee!


OOC:
Draw knife.  Attack with knife, block with shield.

Narrator
 GM, 6935 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 20:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 65):

Adolus' rat jumpsto the side, hissing. The one that Porter sliced turns to bite him, dodge or take 5 points cutting before DR to the leg!


Posting projected damage along with a roll saves time so keep it up.
Thorg
 player, 11 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 23:59
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg adjusts to stab the rat he missed ...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Wed 23 Oct 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 13 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 01:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Just as his weapon falls beyond his reach on the far side of his foe the huge vermin plunges at him!  Black pulls himself into a ball behind the wood frame of his shield as he sidesteps away.
Aldous Hack
 player, 13 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 09:05
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous adjusts his footing and stabs again at the same rat as before.

He barely misses.  "Son of a garbage heap!"
rat bastid
 player, 25 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 00:53
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 67):

The spear thrust puts down the rat tangled in Black's shield. Its tale twitches twice as blood flows from its moth and nose.

The other rat tries to head back to the cellar, giving its back to you.

Anyone turning to go after it uses one phase of their attack tto do so, further actions are at +2, +2 additional if making a telegraphic attack.
Thorg
 player, 12 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 04:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg turns and stabs at the fleeing rat...
Aldous Hack
 player, 14 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:01
The Mug and Cauldron
"That's better!"  Aldous pivots after the fleeing rat and makes a slashing swing.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 13 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:36
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sis!, bring the mop and pail, please."
Nana Yurick
 player, 4 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 11:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana comes into the bar, with the mop and pail.
"Ugh! Gross..."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 14 posts
 Young swordsman
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 16:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Stupid rats, he thinks with glee.  The more of them there are the more coin in his pocket and Black is quite happy with his new partners.  He lashes out with his knife at the fleeing rat.
rat bastid
 player, 26 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 00:48
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 75):

The rat goes down hard, blood spraying onto the floorboards.

From below you can hear scrabbling and squeaking sounds...
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 16 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 02:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir comes back into the bar, from the street.
Surveying the carnage, he speaks:
"These rats are huge! If you can sell 'em by the pound, you're liable to see silver."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 14 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 02:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"They've got 'em on the run, dad! Listen!"
Thorg
 player, 13 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 03:15
The Mug and Cauldron
I am not so confident they run, be prepared... He stands at the top of the stairs on guard for another assault.
Aldous Hack
 player, 15 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 10:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Good so far, but don't get cocky."

Aldous maneuvers his lantern to get as good a view of the stairs as possible.

"Are they running, or are they smart enough to set up a choke point?"
Narrator
 GM, 6953 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 14:03
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 80):

You can see a weapon halfway down the steps, and below that reflections from several pairs of eyes..
Nana Yurick
 player, 5 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 15:38
The Mug and Cauldron
"A good smoke bomb, would fix them..."
Says Nana, as she mops up the mess.
Thorg
 player, 14 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 15:53
The Mug and Cauldron
I think that would bother us more than them.
Thong starts down the stairs, spear point first, with the blood of at least one rat still on it.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 15 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 16:06
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah, we'd have to vacate for awhile, and we have too much work to do."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:08, Sun 27 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 17 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 16:17
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'm no pied piper, just a lively lutenist. Let's leave it to the professionals! They seem to have things well in hand."
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 14 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 16:22
The Mug and Cauldron
"Скажи им всем помыться перед ужином! Никаких грязных рук, или лиц, за моим обеденным столом!"
Hetilda can he heard around the corner, in the kitchen.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 15 posts
 Young swordsman
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 17:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter grins malevolently.  ”They's afraid of us.  And hungry.  But more afraid.”


OOC:
Keep knife out and ready.  Follow behind Thorg.  Leave 1 hex of space so that Thorg can back up if he needs to.  When I reach my fallen sword sheath the knife and pick up the sword.

If it helps drag the dead and dying rats out of the way so that if a hasty retreat is needed we wont be tripping over bodies.

Aldous Hack
 player, 16 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 28 Oct 2019
at 09:17
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous follows Porter down the steps, lantern held high.

"I wouldn't want smoke down here unless you could make it stay near the floor.  Thorg, you coming?  I can see more rats, or at least their eyes."
Narrator
 GM, 6957 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 01:44
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 88):

Throg is in the lead, almost at the end of the creaky stairs, with Porter midway down picking up his blade, while Adolus is at the top of the stairs with the lantern.

The lantern light is -3 for Adolus, -4 for Porter, and Throg is at -5 and he needs to make a per check, (at -5) followed by a DX check.
Thorg
 player, 15 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 02:14
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg is having an issue seeing down here and the people above him blocking the light don't help...
Narrator
 GM, 6961 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 02:36
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 90):
The next stair was gone, and he just managed to keep from falling through!
Thorg
 player, 16 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 03:23
The Mug and Cauldron
Scheißdreck!  Watch it, a stair is missing here.

With his spear point already low, he uses it to tap each following stair to avoid falling, assuming there are additional stairs.
Aldous Hack
 player, 17 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 09:11
The Mug and Cauldron
"Watch your step down there.  Take a fall and those rats will be on you before you can bounce."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 16 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 18:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher takes his time, emboldened by the grace of his comrade who managed not to fall.  He makes note of the missing step but the consuming relative darkness is more concerning.  He turns his head half way and calls back.  ”Hey.  Can we get some more light down here?”


OOC:
Black is asking the bar folk if they can loan us more light.  When we get to the bottom I assume there is somewhere we can hang a lantern from the rafters, or a high place on a wall, or a shelf?  The more light the better.  Black isnt a fan of fighting in the dark.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 16 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 18:36
The Mug and Cauldron
"Here. Mind ye don't break it, or we'll have to charge ye for it."
Sven takes a lantern off a shelf behind the bar, and hands it to Aldous, since he is at the top of the stair.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 18:37, Tue 29 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 18 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 18:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir nods his approval.
a fine smell begins wafting through the place, as onions and garlic are being sauteed.
"We'll see you later, for dinner. Good luck down there."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:09, Tue 29 Oct 2019.

Aldous Hack
 player, 18 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 21:49
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous quickly sheathes his knife to free a hand and takes the offered light.

"Thanks, Sven.  Here, Porter, take this."  Aldous sidles down far enough to hand over the second lantern, then, still holding his own light high, draws his large knife again.  "If you can spot a second peg, I wouldn't mind hanging mine up as well."

Once Porter is off the stairs, Aldous will finish the descent, feeling carefully for the missing tread.
Narrator
 GM, 6963 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 01:11
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 97):

The lower level of the tavern is huge-the ceiling is supported by beams about two feet thick and a foot wide, and is about four yards from the floor below.  The additional light reveals a seething carpet of rats of various sizes, lured by the scent of the food being cooked above, the swarm toward the steps, of which three more continue pastbthe broken stair.
Thorg
 player, 17 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 02:15
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg stabs at the first one coming up.
Aldous Hack
 player, 19 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 09:21
The Mug and Cauldron
"We may need something more than individual knives and spears."  Aldous takes a low swipe at the leading edge of the mass.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 17 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 15:02
The Mug and Cauldron
With his shield in hand Black does his best to take the offered lantern from Aldous but finds the only way he can is to sheath his regained sword.  The man lets out an audible growl as the swarm of rats surges.  It was more than he expected.


OOC:
The way I see it is shield is in left hand and lantern is in right.  Time to ditch the shield.

The rat swarm, are most of them normal size with just a few dog sized?  The three rushing for the top are they dog sized?  If the swarm near us is mostly normal sized Porter will just kick at them with his boot to knock them off the stairs.

My goal is to end up with sword in my right hand and the lantern in my left, as expediently as possible while not putting myself in heavy danger.

Thorg
 player, 18 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 19:11
The Mug and Cauldron
Clearing these with weapons will take a long time... there are a lot of them. we need to find a better way.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 19 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 23:29
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay, then let's secure the door.
Let's put our heads together..."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 17 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 23:31
The Mug and Cauldron
"Come, I'll bar the door again."
Sven, axe in hand, moves to the door, ready to do as he said, once the others are back in the bar.
Nana Yurick
 player, 6 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 23:42
The Mug and Cauldron
"We need a wizard with air spells...and a smoke bomb of toxicity, or one that brings sleep. We drop the bomb in the enclosed area, and the wizard uses their spells, to contain the smoke, and keep it from rising, until it's cleared...Then, you can go down there and just spear them, and stomp them, at your leisure!"
Nana suggests, she she finishes mopping up the mess, and having levered the two dead rats into a large burlap sack, with a meat hook.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:05, Thu 31 Oct 2019.

Thorg
 player, 19 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 00:29
The Mug and Cauldron
Perhaps easier if he just creates something permanent they don't like and they leave on their own.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:19, Thu 31 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 20 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 01:33
The Mug and Cauldron
"That's an excellent idea.. Some sort of ward, or talisman. Hmm...."
Aldous Hack
 player, 20 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 11:45
The Mug and Cauldron
"I don't know magic, but I've got a pretty good handle on rats.  Make a poison for them and mix it with something they eat, and soon you only have rats that don't eat what you mixed the poison into.

"What is in the cellar that attracts the rats?  We must remove that."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 18 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 13:00
The Mug and Cauldron
"We don't rightly know..They were here when, we moved in. We've been unable to use our cellar, but I suspect the place was well stocked with foodstuffs, before the plague. Wheels of cheese, sacks of grain that have long mildewed, and set..They're living off something!"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:00, Thu 31 Oct 2019.

Thorg
 player, 20 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 16:50
The Mug and Cauldron
Makes sense... they do not generally like bright light either, so another possibility.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 18 posts
 Young swordsman
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 18:37
The Mug and Cauldron
At the sight of the swarm along with a few more larger varieties Black is only too happy to leave the uncertainty of the basement and watch as the bar is lowered once again securing their safety.  He follows along with the rapid fire of suggestions.  Being a man of muscle and steel he's never known a sorcerer personally but he's seen them and heard of their work.  That or some kind of simple smoke could be effective too especially if it were some sleeping agent, he thinks.  Not to be outdone Fisher offers another suggestion.  ”We could just burn them out.”


OOC:
I'm assuming Porter has his shield on his back, a lantern in his left hand and his right hand is empty.

Nana Yurick
 player, 7 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 21:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"And burn down our tavern!? No, thank you!"
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 21 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 21:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir and his son exchange incredulous glances
Sparky
 player, 1 post
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 22:31
The Mug and Cauldron
The is a slight knock at the door and it creaks slightly as it opens to let a skinny man in who looks like he hasn't eaten in quite a while and could use a bath and his clothes washed as well.

Do You still seek help ...  hope?
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 22 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 22:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yes, we have a very large rat problem in our cellar. These three have just gotten started, but we're going over strategy, now. Come in! Come in!"
Sparky
 player, 3 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 22:59
The Mug and Cauldron
Rats ?!   I hate Rats!  Scare the crap out of you running around and over you.
Nana Yurick
 player, 8 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 23:05
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana lifts one of the huge rats partially out of the burlap sack on the freshly mopped floor.
"Yeah? Look at these! Think you can handle it, stranger?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 19 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 23:12
The Mug and Cauldron
Svendegard pours the newcomer a cup of kvass, and hands it to him. "You can bunk in the stables with Boris, and these three, you can have three harder drinks on the house, and join us for supper. There'll be coin in it, and you can probably sell these carcasses to some goblins, or the guild kitchens for extra. I'm Sven, This is my sister Nana, Dad, and Ma's in the kitchen. What's your name, stranger?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 23:13, Thu 31 Oct 2019.

Sparky
 player, 4 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 31 Oct 2019
at 23:48
The Mug and Cauldron
I am called Sparky Dubane ... mostly just Sparky by my classmates as I made a lot of sparks before getting create Fire down.

He looks at the rat  Nana holds up ... I can kill it readily enough.
Nana Yurick
 player, 9 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 00:21
The Mug and Cauldron
"Dad! These people are going to try and burn down our house!"
The girl folds her arms.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 25 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 00:23
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir shakes his head.
"No fires! Do you know any other magic?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 20 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 00:30
The Mug and Cauldron
"The last thing we need is somebody lobbing fireballs and such...I hope you got something else, Sparky."
Sparky
 player, 7 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 02:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky Laughs I'd think fireballs at rats was a bit excessive, even if they are that big. I do know a few other things that may be of some use ...

He takes the profferedKvass and sips it, then looks at the cup  What is this?
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 26 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 02:46
The Mug and Cauldron
"Kvass! My wife made it. It's made from fermented bread. In Shevnia, we drink more of it, than water."
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 16 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 03:04
The Mug and Cauldron
"Нана! Приходите, помогите маме!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 10 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 03:09
The Mug and Cauldron
"I've got to get back to peeling these potatoes. See you all later."
Nana heads back into the kitchen, to help her mother prepare dinner.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 21 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 03:18
The Mug and Cauldron
"See you, Sis. Tell Ma, we have another guest, will you?"
Sven turns back to Sparky.
"Don't get me wrong, I've always liked to burn stuff..."
Sparky
 player, 9 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 03:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Definitely Different ...  he sips it again.  Then he shrugs.

So how bad are these rats?
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 22 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 03:22
The Mug and Cauldron
"Pretty damned bad.. They're like a carpet down there..."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 19 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 05:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher lowers his head slightly when the owners and workers comment that they do not want their business to go up in ashes.  ”Ohh.”, he remarks, apparently having not thought of that possibility.

But moments later when a new applicant enters and says he is a fire mage Black thinks he is being made fun of.  He listens and follows the conversation without comment.
Aldous Hack
 player, 22 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 09:02
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah, fire isn't that great in a cellar with only one exit.  If you have a way to use it without setting anything else on fire, though, it might be useful.

"What we need is something that kills a bunch of rats all at once.  The three of us poking at them with our knives and such would not only take days, it'd either end with us being buried under the swarm or with most of them just running out through their holes and coming back as soon as we take the lights away."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 23 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 13:53
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hey Dad..You reckon we could cement up masonry, and tar up the holes in the woodwork, like they do in ships? Then, we could hit 'em with smoke, and let these fellows do the rest?
I mean, we'll have to do all that anyways, to keep the rats, from getting back in."

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 28 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 14:04
The Mug and Cauldron
"You have a point there, son. We could do the repairs first, in order to trap them, and keep them inside...but we'd need to all vacate to the stables, during the smoke-out. We can stay in the wagon for a night, if we have to. Either that, or we find some sort of talisman that will repel rats, like a gift that keeps on giving!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 14:06, Fri 01 Nov 2019.

Sparky
 player, 10 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 1 Nov 2019
at 18:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Well, as pointed out, Rats do not care for light and that I can create, so I make something very bright with the continuing Light spell, and they should seek darker places, THEN we patch the cellar up ... though Rats will gnaw through most anything to get to food. For that, a cat or two in the cellar might be useful.
Narrator
 GM, 6970 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:23
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 134):

The broad and knotted planks of the tavern floor have a few gaps between them; plugging it might be expensive. Beating the rats away from the stairs might help,  and killing the bigger ones might scare off the smaller ones.

Also, you could check with the neighbors about how extensive the problem is on the block...
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 29 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 17:12
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sven, I'm going to talk with some more of our neighbors, and see how bad their rats are, compared to ours. We could end up pooling our resources, to help each other. The baker was out getting supplies, so I'll see if anyone's returned yet. It's nearly supper-time, so i'll try again..."
Kazimir takes up his lute, a drinking set, and bottle of elderberry wine with him.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 25 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 17:14
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay, Dad."
Baker
 NPC, 1 post
 Works next to
 Mug and cauldron
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 19:12
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 136):

Kazimir rounds the corner, to the small, and stone walled bakery that shares a wall with the kitchen hearth behind the bar. The shop is small, although as tall as the inn. The upper level is presumably sleeping quarters for the baker and his wife, with 5he upper loft probably a space for his sons.

The baker is form8ng dough for tomorrow's bake (or the day after, depending on how much of a rise is wanted) with his daughter, who looks a little anxious. Two cats wend around their feet.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 31 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 19:27
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ho neighbor! I see you're busy, but would you have time to discuss the possibility of a collaboration on solving the local rat problem? We can talk over some of my wife's elderberry wine!"
15:26, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 13 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 16.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 20 posts
 Young swordsman
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 22:00
The Mug and Cauldron
Black follows along the back and forth exchanges between all the players and is soon believing that he isn't being pranked.  He wracks his poor mind to think of ways of dealing with a swarm of rats, mostly the small variety with a few huge ones sprinkled in.  But this just isnt anything he's come across before or trained for.  This time around he keeps his ideas to himself to mull them over before he offers them to the group.  He doesn't want to be seen as a dummy.

Fisher delves into the idea of flooding the basement with water to drown them and he is almost ready to share his wonderful solution.  It solves everything.  The rats will die and the place wont burn down.  But just before his mouth opens it does occur to him, how would they rid the place of the water.  He is stumped.

Then Aldous states 'What we need is something that kills a bunch of rats all at once', and Porter thinks, Yeah, like fire.
Aldous Hack
 player, 24 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 23:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"You can make lights as bright as you want, and it'll only be a temporary fix.  You see rats mostly at night because they can hide better then, so they're out more in the dark -- but hang out behind a mill or brewery or slaughterhouse and you'll see 'em right out in the sunlight, in front of God and everybody."

Aldous blinks a couple times, then makes a sign, touching his forehead, his belly, and each side of his chest.

"Cats are good, but I doubt you'd want a cat around that was big enough and mean enough to go down in that cellar right now -- and if you get a queen, then you'll turn your rat problem into a cat problem in short order.  A couple little dogs might do better than a cat, but you haven't got time to raise good ratters from pups -- and you can't depend on buying an adult, it'll just run home as soon as you turn your back."

Aldous frowns.  "We need magic, no doubt about it, but any magic man or woman will tell you they can solve your problem, whether it's true or not.  That's how they get paid -- for their time, not for their results."
Baker
 NPC, 2 posts
 Works next to
 Mug and cauldron
Mon 4 Nov 2019
at 16:46
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 139):

"Neighbor, I wondered when you would make the rounds! The rats are a problem indeed. We get 5hem through the yard, and we keep a barred lid over the latrin now, but thankfully, they do not come in through the walls. The cats keep up with most of them, and help with the mice."

His daughter, who looks to ba about six seems anxious about something...
Sparky
 player, 12 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Mon 4 Nov 2019
at 22:53
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky finds two pieces of broken brick which he sits down with and starts mumbling and making odd movements.  One of them suddenly becomes extremely (makes your eyes hurt) bright.
Thorg
 player, 22 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 4 Nov 2019
at 22:54
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg gathers up his javelins and stuff, puts his back pack off to the side When we get some light we'll go down and kill as many as we can.
Aldous Hack
 player, 27 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 4 Nov 2019
at 23:33
The Mug and Cauldron
"Whoa, that's a nice, useful trick, Sparky.  Something you could teach me?"  Aldous gives a somewhat dubious smile.

"Anyone get a good look around down there, or were you too busy trying to keep the rats outta yer leggings too?"  His gaze indicates he's addressing Thorg and Porter.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 32 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 00:58
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir notes the girl's mood.
"The rats in my cellar are like carpet, with some as large as small dogs. I've hired some folks to clear them out, so we can regain use, down there. There's so many, that an armed group of 3 men seem at a loss, where to start, without being overwhelmed!"
Setting down the bottle and cups, he pours for two on the baker's counter.
Kazimir plays a ditty on his lute, masking the spell he'd cast, in doing so...
"I've been working on a new song..."
19:53, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  mind reading ~ 14.
19:59, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  lute ~ 15.
Kazimir read the girl's thoughts to find what would trouble such a young girl...

This message was last edited by the player at 01:00, Tue 05 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6981 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 00:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 143):

Make another roll... you m8ght just crit again and make a permanent sun stone. Also, yes, that cost nothing to do.
Baker's daughter
 NPC, 1 post
 Frightened waif
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 01:03
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 146):

The little girl glances away...
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 33 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 01:11
The Mug and Cauldron
20:06, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 13 using 3d6.  carousing ~ 17.
Kazimir smiles, and raises his glass to the baker. "Cheers!"
He takes a sip, and speaks again:
"We haven't been able to see the extent of our own cellar. I wonder if ours connect...The family and I heave heard scratching sounds, have you heard or seen anything strange?"
He gives the girl a kind glance for a moment, as he raises his cup to take another sip, and await the baker's reply, or perhaps an interjection from the girl.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:11, Tue 05 Nov 2019.

Sparky
 player, 13 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 02:09
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 147):

Will a 5 do it?
19:08, Today: Sparky rolled 5 using 3d6.  Sun Stone.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 21 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 16:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Black looks on as he stands idly to the side watching and following along with the back and forth discussion and planning.  Try as he might to come up with some plan to eradicate the premises of rats, his ideas either seem to have holes or he's one step behind the others in the creative planning.

When the brick begins to glow he smiles and exclaims, ”Ooooo.  We need about ten 'a them down there.”
Sparky
 player, 15 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 17:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Well here is one... give me a bit and I will try to make another.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 26 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 17:09
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hey, that's great! Can I pour you a drink?"
Sparky
 player, 16 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 17:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Just some of the 'vass stuff ... drinking and casting don't mix well. He picks up the next brick half and again casts  on it.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 27 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 18:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven laughs, and pours him a cup.
Baker
 NPC, 3 posts
 Works next to
 Mug and cauldron
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 19:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 154):


"The girl complains of scratching, but I don't  here it. She is in the basement,  it is true, not far from the stairs. It is quiet, and clean, all whith whitewash."
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 35 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 21:41
The Mug and Cauldron
"Tell uncle Kaz, what you hear little one. Is there just scratching, or do you sometimes, hear other things? Maybe Auntie Hetty, can find out what it is, and make it go away. Would you like that?"
He says kindly, to the girl-child.
Sparky
 player, 18 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 22:58
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky hands the second brick to to whomever wants it ... I'll need to rest a bit now...

Aldous Hack
 player, 28 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 00:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous still has his own lantern in one hand, and his biggest knife in the other, so he'll nod for someone else to take the glowing brick pieces.

"That's a good start on makin' it light enough to really fight down there.

"Almost makes me wish we could get one of those guys from Little Sahud, or a Hindu -- I've seen 'em showing weapons in the market square that'll cover like a broom, take out half a dozen of those little guys with a single swing.  Still enough down there to wear a guy out, though.

"Hey, Sparky, anyone from your class who knew how to, like, charm animals?  Like that old story my mom used to tell about the fellow with the pastry and flute, the Pies Piper?"

Sparky
 player, 20 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 03:13
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky shakes his head ... nah, no one like that. If I get a few coins ahead, I'll go join that adventure guild... they are supposed to be able to teach some stuff...
Narrator
 GM, 6988 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 22:50
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 160):

A bowman might help...
...and for general info, 3-4 is always a crit, 5 is a crit if your skill is 15 or better, and 6 if 16 or better. If you have a skill in excess of 17, a 17 is a normal dailure, and an 18 still crit fails.
Sparky
 player, 21 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 03:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Right... Forgot... apologies, sure looked good to someone who rolls lots of high numbers...
Aldous Hack
 player, 29 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 09:59
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay, so, the light situation is better, we should at least be able to see what to stab.

"Still the problem of half a dozen bitin' while you're whackin' one.

"Say, Sven, you said your mom makes all this wine and kvass and stuff -- you got any that didn't quite come out?  Maybe we could put a couple pans of that down there and get the rats drunk enough to sleep?  They ain't gonna sleep out in the open where we can get 'em, but if they run off somewhere, that'd give us a chance to block up their holes while they nurse their hangovers."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 28 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 10:17
The Mug and Cauldron
"That could work..Ma knows all about poisons,too. When you clear us a perimeter, We can set out something that will put them down, for the big sleep!"
Thorg
 player, 23 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 21:46
The Mug and Cauldron
I can dispatch a few with my Javelins ... probably shoot the bigger ones first.
Aldous Hack
 player, 30 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 00:50
The Mug and Cauldron
"Not sure that'll make much difference, but ever' big one you take down is one less we got to worry 'bout later.  Gettin' your spears back might be fun, though."
Thorg
 player, 24 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 02:25
The Mug and Cauldron
Maybe, but Rats aren't especially courageous
Aldous Hack
 player, 31 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 09:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Depends some on how hungry they are.  I've seen a rat, ordinary bog standard half-pound rat, take food from a full grown guard dog's bowl."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 22 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 14:36
The Mug and Cauldron
Black feels good to be in the company of people who sling about grand ideas like a bartender slinging cups of mead and ale.  He interjects when there is a free moment.  ”They're hungry.  What about putting a bowl of meat at the top of the stairs.  We open the door just long enough to get the big ones up and out.  Shut the door and kill them before they know what hit him?  Then we could use all the other ideas to deal with the small ones?”
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 29 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 17:15
The Mug and Cauldron
"That could work..It might cause the strongest among them to compete, in getting to the bait first, so you can slay them first. Worth a try, at least!"
Sven said, rubbing his chin, as he thought about Black's idea.
Thorg
 player, 25 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 18:15
The Mug and Cauldron
Personally I wish to keep them below, with all the light  we can start killing them there and not get blood all over the bar room. I am ready to quit talking...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 30 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 18:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'll drink to that! I think Sis would too, so I'll make that'n a double!"
Sven pours himself a drink.
Aldous Hack
 player, 32 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 01:45
The Mug and Cauldron
"I like the idea of separating them, so we only have to deal with a few at a time.  If I had plate armor boots, I wouldn't mind so much going down there with them, but I don't."
Thorg
 player, 26 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:27
The Mug and Cauldron
We start from the stairs, where they are not so many ... I'll lead if you wish... you keep them off of my boots.
Aldous Hack
 player, 33 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:42
The Mug and Cauldron
"Lantern in one hand, knife in the other.  I'll do what I can to keep your feet clear.

"Got one of those brick shards?"

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 31 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Downing his drink, and taking up his axe, Sven will unbar the door and open it, when they are ready for another sally, below!
Narrator
 GM, 7006 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:23
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 176):

As you are ready, Svendegard yanks the door open.

Adolus' lantern shows the steps clear, but some movement below
Thorg
 player, 27 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Let's get those stones down here, I'll lead.  Thorg heads down with his spear point leading again. This time he has his javelins along as well.
Narrator
 GM, 7008 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:37
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 178):

Who has the stones?
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 23 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 18:07
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter holds the brick as the hired fighters assemble once again near the door and wait for it to open. The brick is awkward and he finds he must regrip and regrip it again to keep it from slipping.  He asks the owners if they have some simple tools.


OOC:
I have one of the bricks.  I will ask Svendegard if they have some twine and a hook.  My idea is to bind the brick in string and tie that to a hook which can be hung from a nail or piece of wood in the basement ceiling.  A TL3 version of an overhead light to free up hands when we get a foothold downstairs.  If this isnt workable I will just hold the brick in my left hand.  Sword is ready in my right hand.  I will happily go after Thorg.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 32 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 18:11
The Mug and Cauldron
Svendegard nods at the request.
"We have such things in the kitchen. Ma hangs meat in there. Sis! Bring us some twine, and a meat hook, please!"

Nana Yurick
 player, 11 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 18:13
The Mug and Cauldron
After a minute, Nana comes in wearing an apron with potato peelings stuck to it, and her boots.
"Here. So, what's going on? I could use a break, anyways."
Aldous Hack
 player, 34 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 23:45
The Mug and Cauldron
"We are about to descend into the cellar once more, with better light to aid in seeing what we will kill."
Narrator
 GM, 7013 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 14:30
The Mug and Cauldron
You approach the cellar dangling the brick.

Make an IQ roll
Nana Yurick
 player, 12 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 15:39
The Mug and Cauldron
"Good luck, down there..."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 24 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 19:00
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
PM for dice roll.

Aldous Hack
 player, 35 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 23:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous follows Thorg onto the stairs, holding his own lantern high.
Narrator
 GM, 7015 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 03:37
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 187):

Tossing the brick into the rats will affect them more directly than hanging it from the rafters
Aldous Hack
 player, 36 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 09:56
The Mug and Cauldron
"Who's got the other brick shard?  Let's give it a toss out in the middle of the floor, see if it makes their eyes hurt."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 25 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 15:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Nodding his agreement Porter tosses his lighted brick to the basement below and then goes about removing his shield from his back.


OOC:
Toss by glowing brick to what looks like an ideal spot then Ready my shield.

Narrator
 GM, 7019 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:02
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 190):

The rats clear a 3 yard radius of the blindingly bright brick. You see that the smaller rats are swarming over each other to get out of the way.

This message was last updated by the GM at 15:02, Sat 16 Nov 2019.

Thorg
 player, 28 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 18:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Is Bob the Abomination something now visible?
Aldous Hack
 player, 37 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 23:36
The Mug and Cauldron
"Wow, nice.  These must not get out in the light much."
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 18 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 23:50
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Abomination (msg # 191):

 OOC:do you mean to use "rat bastid" or do we well, and truly have an undead earth elemental loose in the cellar? if that's what the little girl is hearing, she and the bakers could be in big trouble... cant those walk right through earth and stone, and easily get her?

Narrator
 GM, 7020 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:03
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Hetilda Yurick (msg # 194):

That was a finger slip from Narrator. Corrected.
Aldous Hack
 player, 38 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:08
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC: How big is this basement.  A 3-yard radius ought to leave most of the floor clear.
Narrator
 GM, 7021 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 196):

The basement is about 7 yards deep from the top of the stairs, which turn, to one wall, and 5 orv6 yards to either side, although due to the pillars and beams supporting the floor above, much is obscured

https://drive.google.com/file/...JQ/view?usp=drivesdk
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 36 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 20:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Turning to the baker, Kazimir whispers (as to not frighten the girl further):
"My wife is knowledgeable in detecting and warding off evil spirits..Perhaps we could try, and see if the child's fears subside?"
Aldous Hack
 player, 39 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 23:39
The Mug and Cauldron
"Come on, Porter, Thorg.  Except for the shadows of the pillars, we've got almost half the floor cleared.  That should give us room to stand and start chopping up the rats."  Following his own advice, Aldous moves down the stair, brushing past Thorg if necessary, to reach the edge of the cleared area.

Still holding his own lantern, he slashes at a convenient rat.
Thorg
 player, 29 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 03:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg starts stabbing at rats too, especially the bigger ones ...
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 26 posts
 Young swordsman
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 17:04
The Mug and Cauldron
Black smiles for until Aldous said it it had not occurred to Fisher that they could stand in the space cleared by the brightly glowing brick that Sparky had made for them.  This made him happy and he eagerly followed behind.


OOC:
Sword and shield are Ready.  Follow the others down the stairs to the spot cleared by the light.  Use my shield to cover the backs and flanks of my new friends.  Hack at everything within reach going from biggest to smallest.  Try to leave enough room so people can use a Retreating defense.

Sparky
 player, 22 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:20
The Mug and Cauldron
He follows the others down and tries to cast ... a thin stream of flame streams from his hand and he turns to cutting up rats with it as they fight to get away.
rat bastid
 player, 27 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 201):

With two of the larger rats squealing, one
safely at spear point, the other turns to bite at Adolus'arm, doing 1 point cutting before DR, unless dodged.

Sparky perfectly angles his flame jet to clear through two yards worth of rat swarms, nailing about a dozen normal rats in one shot!

Porter notices that the stairs,  which have no risers, are concealing a small horde of normal rats, which are starting to move into your shadow!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 33 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:35
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'll be closin' the door now. Can't risk them surging upstairs!"
Sven closes the door and bolts the door, after all have left the bar.
Sparky
 player, 23 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:37
The Mug and Cauldron
He moves his flame jet in under the stairs, trying to avoid touching the stairs.
Narrator
 GM, 7035 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 21:05
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 205):

This would be a shot at -4 to get the jet between the steps, -6 to get under the lowest step.
Sparky
 player, 24 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 03:20
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 206):

Thought he was off the steps...  if he is on the steps, he is singing them...
Aldous Hack
 player, 40 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 10:08
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous laughs briefly as his leathers turn the rat's bite, and stabs at the rat that tried to bite him.

"Have at thee!"

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 27 posts
 Young swordsman
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 19:31
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher notices the swarm moving and points with his sword.  ”Get 'em!”, he calls out.


OOC:
Move to the closest and most immediate threat.  Swing til its dead.

rat bastid
 player, 28 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 23:57
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 209):

Fisher's rat dies squealing.
The blast of flame scorches the steps... and flushes two swarms out, one of which moves to attsck porter (damage next round) hit and do 6 or better damage to scatter them.
Thorg
 player, 30 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 03:25
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg picks out a big one and stabs. then swings the edge back trying to cut/crush any smaller rats with the edge.
Sparky
 player, 25 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 03:29
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky swings his flame at the small herd of rats dislodged from under the stairs ...
Aldous Hack
 player, 41 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 10:07
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous shakes his head.  "How are you not dead?!"  He stabs at the rat again.
rat bastid
 player, 29 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 17:04
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 213):

Adolus' rat, which was near death, expires messily.

Sparky crisps one swarm

Thorg has a rat on a stick, which flies dead off the spear on the back swing.

He is surrounded by normal size rats that bite at his feet- he takes 5 points cutting befir the DR of his boots!

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:05, Wed 20 Nov 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 28 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 17:19
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
You mentioned Porter then a spear.  I'm using a sword.  Did you mean Thorg?

Aldous Hack
 player, 42 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 23:33
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ha!"  Aldous lifts his foot for a stamp at a normal size rat, then remembers he's barefoot and converts the motion into low slash, knuckles brushing the floor as his knife sweeps through the rats.
Narrator
 GM, 7046 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Nov 2019
at 16:07
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 215):

That was Thorg. I need to see rolls for combat, so throw me Porter's numbers.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 29 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 20 Nov 2019
at 19:31
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher might look as the picture of an unhappy fellow.  His mouth is framed in a snarl, his teeth are gritted and gnashing and his eyes are narrow and beady.  But in truth the man couldn't be more pleased.  He is gainfully employed, working with professionals and the lighting situation has been solved.  The payday is solidly in his future.  Now the man simply swings his keen blade back and forth to exterminate the vermin.
rat bastid
 player, 30 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 16:35
The Mug and Cauldron
With a mighty swing, Porter is able to cleave through the rats that are charging him, enough to scatter the swarm.

There renain three more giant rats just visible outbogf the light, and probably four or five more 1 yard hexes of normal rats, all outside the circle of light. The shadiws cast by the four of you and the numerous rat bodies are starting to reduce the ground level light, and some of the rats are advancing.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:35, Thu 21 Nov 2019.

Sparky
 player, 26 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 18:51
The Mug and Cauldron
I am tiring with all this casting... we will need to retire soon.

He swings again at nearby rats advancing to get a clear shot at those advancing toward them.
Thorg
 player, 31 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 18:54
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg grunts at Sparky's comment and stabs at more rats.
Narrator
 GM, 7051 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 19:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 221):

Both oc you wound some of the advancing rats, but not enough to dissipate them.
Aldous Hack
 player, 43 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 22:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous shifts to work at clearing the area around the bottom of the stairs.  "Let's make a way out."

He makes another low swipe at the swarm between his feet and the stairs.
Sparky
 player, 27 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 02:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky heads up the stairs, but stays to look after the others safe exit...  OK Up there, be ready to close the Trap Door when we come up...
Thorg
 player, 32 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 03:00
The Mug and Cauldron
He also backs toward the stairs, still stabbing and slashing at the rats. All right I'll be the last one up, as i have boots on.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 34 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 03:12
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven unbolts and opens the door, so they may retreat.
"Come on, up!"
Sparky
 player, 28 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 16:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky exits the stairs then turns to help as he can.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 30 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 19:23
The Mug and Cauldron
Understanding the direction the group is moving Fisher begins backing up towards the stairs while keeping his shield out and low, to thwart any last minute sneak attacks.


OOC:
Move to the stairs.  Cover the retreat using my shield.  Attack anything that gets in range.

Narrator
 GM, 7055 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 21:12
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 228):

Adolus and Porter cut through the swarm and make it to the stairs.
Aldous Hack
 player, 44 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 23:40
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous looks back at Thorg, then takes the stairs two at a time.

"Come on, then, Thorg, you're last man out."

Thorg
 player, 33 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 23 Nov 2019
at 00:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg makes a last slash then turns and follows the rst up, turning at the top to deal with any follows rats.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 35 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sat 23 Nov 2019
at 14:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven will secure the door, when everyone has emerged.
Narrator
 GM, 7062 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 15:27
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 232):

It would seem that more than half of the large rats, and slightly less of the smaller ones have been cleared...
Thorg
 player, 34 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 17:55
The Mug and Cauldron
There are a large number of them and they felt cornered and attacked us, it will take several foray's like the last to clear them all, assuming no more come in.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 31 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 19:10
The Mug and Cauldron
”Ya, nice work.”, Black says as he looks around at his new band of brothers.  ”A couple more of those and we should clean up the cellar.”


OOC:
Stand guard near the door in case it needs to be opened quickly.

Aldous Hack
 player, 45 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 23:39
The Mug and Cauldron
"What I don't get is where the big ones are getting into the cellar.  Hey, Sven, did the previous owners mention anything about an access to the tunnels?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 36 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 23:49
The Mug and Cauldron
"No, only that there was a "rat problem". It looks like we won't know for sure just what's down there, until we can explore without being swarmed."
Aldous Hack
 player, 46 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 23:58
The Mug and Cauldron
"Probably right.  Okay, so I guess we need to let Sparky rest up a bit, and then look to see if the rats have decided bricks as bright as daylight are harmless.

"Wish I'd listened when Father Robards suggested I should always wear shoes -- but they aren't free, not if you want them to fit, anyway."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 37 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 00:07
The Mug and Cauldron
"Well, you never know what you might step in... Horse droppings, someone's chamber pot, they emptied into the street..."
Sven grimaces at the last part.
Aldous Hack
 player, 47 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 09:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Horse droppings and ox pats aren't so bad.  They use ox pats for building material some places.  Chamber pot contents you just have to spot before you step -- and even then, it doesn't bite."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 32 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 19:22
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher stands by the closed door and listens to the conversation.  He chuckles at the mention of the hazards of walking around in bare feet.  When the question of the rats nest is broached he shrugs to acknowledge his lack of ideas but he likes where the dialogue is headed.
Narrator
 GM, 7073 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:36
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 240):

Expected pay for a day is $37 each, with food provided, $33.

Cheap ugly shoes cost $16, $40 for decent ones.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 38 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:45
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 240):
"You've never seen a case of hookworm then, friend. It's an awful sight!"

Aldous Hack
 player, 48 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 23:45
The Mug and Cauldron
"Live in the poor parts o' town for a while, one kind of bloody flux is a lot like the next.  I'm a lot less concerned about where I walk than what I eat.

"Still, I can run out and see is there a cobbler nearby who has something ready to wear, and close enough to my size.  If Sparky doesn't have a wizard's knack for resting, I should be back before he's rested up.

"I've got the coin for a pair today, I just got out of the habit of wearing 'em.  They make noise when you walk, they wear out, they get too small, people steal them..."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 39 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 23:58
The Mug and Cauldron
"Might be a good idea, when trudging around in the cellar, with all those vermin relieving themselves down there. As far as eating, ma should have dinner ready by the time you return. Smells like the soups on, and the knishes have started to bake... I can hardly wait!"
The burly youth salivates visibly, and licks his lips.
Aldous Hack
 player, 49 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 00:17
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous inhales deeply.

"I never heard of a knish, but whatever it is, it smells good.  Back in a flash."

He runs out the door.

OOC: is there a cobbler nearby who might have something already made up?  Certainly don't have time to wait for measurements and fittings.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 40 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 00:19
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC: area knowledge (northport), or an IQ-4 roll, should turn up what you seek!

This message was last edited by the player at 03:57, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 33 posts
 Young swordsman
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 18:58
The Mug and Cauldron
While all the talk of footwear begins flying around Fisher bends to inspect his own leather boots.  Still in good shape he thinks.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 19 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 22:06
The Mug and Cauldron
16:50, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 5 using 3d6.  cooking ~ 13 (+1 for help,+1 for time, 15 or less).
A simple, but excellent meal is prepared. The soup stock is of cracked, and roasted, mutton bones. It contains shreds of meat, onions, carrots, and of course potatoes. A large wicker-work basket with a lid, containing a steaming mound of fist-sized, round pastries, stuffed with mashed potatoes, caramelized onions, and mushrooms, with spinach, are also served. The herbs and spices used are simple, with garlic being prevalent, with some salt, and perhaps a pinch of the costlier pepper.
"Санни! Мать нуждается в ваших мышцах!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:08, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Aldous Hack
 player, 50 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 22:10
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous returns promptly, walking with an exaggerated gait as he reaccustoms his feet to wearing leather.

"I certainly hope that meant something like 'Come and get it!'"  Aldous has a big smile.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 41 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 22:18
The Mug and Cauldron
17:10, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 14 using 3d6 (ST ~ 13, failed by 1) ((6,2,6)).
"Oh boy, Oh boy! It's time to eat!! Ma needs my help. We'll bring everything on a cart in here."
Sven rushes into the kitchen...
"Hey! This is heavy!, Gimme a hand, Sis! You two sure made alot!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:19, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Nana Yurick
 player, 13 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 22:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"Мы позаботимся об этом, мам. Иди за папой и скажи ему, что ужин готов. Он в пекарне."
The sounds of a heavy object being moved and set down is heard from the kitchen.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:52, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 19 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 22:37
The Mug and Cauldron
The Matron of the Yurick household emerges from the kitchen, and pauses a moment, shrewdly appraising all of you.
"Надеюсь, вы все голодны! Теперь, чтобы найти моего мужа."
She smiles and waves, heading out the door.
It's clear to you all by now, that "Hetty" doesn't speak any Aralaise, as her husband and children do.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:54, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7087 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 17:20
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Hetilda Yurick (msg # 253):

You settle in to the hearty soup and delicious knishes. Below you can hear faint squeaking.
Aldous Hack
 player, 51 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 12:08
The Mug and Cauldron
"So, a knish is seasoned mashed potatoes wrapped in a crust?  That's a lot of good food in one little word.  Good soup, too.  Seems you folks eat well, anyway."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 42 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 15:41
The Mug and Cauldron
"Good food, for good health, and strength! Ma takes care of us!"
Svendegard says, as he eats with gusto.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 37 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 15:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir laughs, and kisses his wife on the cheek.
Thorg
 player, 35 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 16:35
The Mug and Cauldron
He eats the soup with gusto, but settles for just one knish.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 34 posts
 Young swordsman
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 19:55
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter sits down and tucks a napkin neatly under his neck and then digs in.  He vigorously gobbles up a bowl of soup without being overly rude.  He isn't sloppy nor does he make loud noises though some might consider his rapid eating uncouth.  In between spoon fulls of the hearty soup he bites into one, then two knishes and every bite is followed by a genuine mmm.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 38 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 23:51
The Mug and Cauldron
"There might be something nastier than rats down there. The baker's daughter, I discovered, is frightened of scratching and moaning sounds, near where she sleeps. I've never known rats, to moan."
Kazimir says, as he breaks a knish in two, taking a bite.
Thorg
 player, 36 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 00:21
The Mug and Cauldron
He nods, yes, just heard sounds like that before we sat down to this excellent meal. We may need to think in terms of a bigger threat. Bet those lights are covered as well.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 20 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 02:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda sits quietly, eating. Occasionally asking one of the family to translate, so she can follow the table-talk.
Nana Yurick
 player, 15 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 02:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"Mother should really learn Aralaise. It'll add to her clientele, and be better for our business."
Nana says, before taking a spoonful.
Aldous Hack
 player, 52 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 10:07
The Mug and Cauldron
"I don't know, I don't speak a word, but there are parts of town where you hear more Shevnian than Aralaise.  Little Shevnia is, um, that way, but not far.

With food like this, and drinks as good, you might just draw clientele from over there once the word gets out."


Aldous bites into his second knish, catching an escaping dollop of potato with his fingers.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 35 posts
 Young swordsman
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 13:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher sits amongst the crowd, munching slowly on the knish as the words rumble around in his brain.  'Frightened of scratching and moaning sounds'.  What could it be he wonders.  Rats don't moan.  They squeak.  A dying rat perhaps?  Do dying rats moan, like people?  What if it were a really, really big rat?

After pondering the mystery for a few moments Black decides to ask.  He finds asking to be a pretty productive endeavor.  ”What could be down there that moans?”
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 39 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 15:35
The Mug and Cauldron
"Undead of some type, would be my guess. Perhaps some of the walking dead of the last plague... This place has been abandoned for some time."
Kazimir says, as he pours himself a cup of kvass, from the pitcher on the table.
Nana Yurick
 player, 16 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 15:47
The Mug and Cauldron

"How horrible.. Maybe it's walled up down there, or the place was used as a hasty grave. Hopefully there are none in our cellar! As if a swarm of assorted rats, weren't bad enough!"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Mon 02 Dec 2019.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 21 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 15:53
The Mug and Cauldron
"Что это?"
Hetilda takes a knish from the basket, and sets it in her trencher.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 16:02, Mon 02 Dec 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 40 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 15:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"У пекаря могут быть нежить в подвале, рядом с местом, где спит его дочь. она жалуется на царапины и стоны звуков..."

Kazimir answers his wife.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Mon 02 Dec 2019.

Aldous Hack
 player, 53 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 23:04
The Mug and Cauldron
"I heard there were a number of cases where people walled up dying family members back in the plague time.  Stories go that sometimes the walled-up one outlasted the family who did the work.

"If you do in fact have walkers walled up down there, between your basement and the baker's, we'll probably be able to tell more when we get the rats beaten down a bit more.  Hard to listen quiety down there just now.  Might even be you've got a way down further instead of a walled up walker.

"Could actually work in your favor, though -- the Guild almost had a little internal war recently over properties with doorways to the old tunnels.  Charge a silver a head for folks to go in, and take a tithe from whatever they bring out, you could retire in style."

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 22 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 00:08
The Mug and Cauldron
The family all get a golden twinkle in their eyes, except Hetilda, who doesn't understand what was just said, but she surely recognizes the look of golden opportunity, in ones eyes!
"Скажи мне, о чем вы все интриги, сейчас же! Ha ha ha.."

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 41 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 00:15
The Mug and Cauldron
"If that be so, we could make this place, so much more...Any secrets you uncover, will by virtue, have brought you into our endeavor, as partners...But, keep it among our house, only. We don't want  several factions coming down upon us, for what we may have discovered. Agreed?"
Kazimir then translates to his wife, who then gets the golden twinkle, likewise.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:17, Tue 03 Dec 2019.

Nana Yurick
 player, 17 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 00:18
The Mug and Cauldron
"Now I'm curious! This is starting to sound like an adventure, than a cleaning out a nasty old cellar!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 43 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 00:23
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven, who had been preoccupied with his dinner, even pipes up.
"Wow! just think, if we lived right over some access to the underground? I wouldn't be hassled by the guild, every time I wanted to go on a foray, to say the least!"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 36 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 06:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Black gets an answer to his question but the look on his face shows that he doesn't quite understand it.  Then he asks innocently, ”Walking dead?  You mean, like people die.  And then rise up out of the grave and walk around?”  The thought of such a thing sends a shiver down the simple mans spine.
Aldous Hack
 player, 54 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 10:02
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah.

"Most of the ones you'll see are from the plague time, but Father Robards always said you could still get walkers and such if the dead weren't properly buried."

Narrator
 GM, 7104 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 16:22
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 276):

Eventually sending someone to map would be worth $50 for a good copy.

If everyone is rested, it is time for another foray.
Thorg
 player, 37 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 20:33
The Mug and Cauldron
He rises and suggests Let's have another look , maybe we can see an opening.
Aldous Hack
 player, 55 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 10:01
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous holds up his lantern and brandishes his knife.

"Ready when you are."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 37 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 16:51
The Mug and Cauldron
He hadn't done anything terribly taxing so the young mercenary didn't need a lot of rest.  Still the break, the food and the good conversation was the perfect thing to set a man up for some hard work.  Grabbing his gear Black moves to the top of the stairs.  With a smile he adds,   ”Ready.”


OOC:
Sword and shield are Readied.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 44 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 17:05
The Mug and Cauldron
"No rest for the wicked!"
Sven jibes, as he helps clear the dishes.
Sparky
 player, 29 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 17:47
The Mug and Cauldron
I am ready as well, hopefully they haven't covered those bricks...
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 41 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 18:05
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir stands from the table.
"I'll secure the door behind you, and be ready to let you all back up. Good luck, down there."

This message was last updated by the player at 18:05, Tue 10 Dec 2019.

Thorg
 player, 38 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 22:09
The Mug and Cauldron
I'll take the lead
Aldous Hack
 player, 56 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 23:39
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hopefully they haven't brought in more reinforcements!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 45 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 01:18
The Mug and Cauldron
"Give 'em hell, lads!"
Narrator
 GM, 7107 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 22:04
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 286)

Bright light shines from below as the door is opened.

there is movement beyond the perimeter of the light below.
Thorg
 player, 39 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 23:03
The Mug and Cauldron
He has his spear point aimed down the stairs as he heads down, He'll stab at anything on or coming up the stairs, although the sudden bright light makes it hard to see. His shield is in his left hand/arm.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 38 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 23:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Knowing there are still more rats of the dog sized variety Fisher is happy to swing his blade for coin.  Hopping into line behind Thorg he heads down the stairs relieved to see the lights have not been overwhelmed.


OOC:
Sword and shield are Readied.

Aldous Hack
 player, 57 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 23:53
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous follows Porter and Thorg, lantern held high despite the bright light coming from below.

"Look out, rats."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 46 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 13:16
The Mug and Cauldron
 "Сука блаят!"
Sven says as he takes a shot of vodka.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 23 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 09:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda sets up a backgammon board, there is also chess, and a deck of cards available.
The rest of the soup is lidded and set in the embers of the main hearth.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:04, Fri 13 Dec 2019.

Thorg
 player, 40 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 19:10
The Mug and Cauldron
He continues down the stairs stabbing at any Rats in the way more effectively as his eyes adapt.
Aldous Hack
 player, 58 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 00:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous, almost treading on Porter's heels, looks over the side of the stairs for an open space on the floor.
Sparky
 player, 30 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 02:27
The Mug and Cauldron
He comes down behind the fighters, looking for a place his skills could be best put to use.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 42 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 19:01
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir secures the door, behind the group.
He then engages in games and conversation, with his family.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 24 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 19:14
The Mug and Cauldron
14:10, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  water to wine ~ 14.
14:10, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  create water ~ 14.

Hetilda creates a gallon of pure water, into a jug, and transforms it into a very potable, table wine.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:15, Sat 14 Dec 2019.

rat bastid
 player, 31 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 01:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 293):

Thorg impales a large rat, which coughs blood before rolling off the stairs into a swarm of smaller rats.

While Adolus is peering into the distance, rats pour from between the steps and start biting him on the stairs, doing 3 pointts cutting before DR!
Aldous Hack
 player, 59 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 10:09
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ow!  Mother father!"

Aldous slashes around his feet with his knife.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 39 posts
 Young swordsman
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 19:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Black is curious as to the source of the moaning.  He's heard plenty of stories of the dead moving about but he's yet to see one first hand.  And too the man has served some time in a militia, and his code spurs him to not let his companions take on risk that he himself isn't willing to take.  Throwing himself into the fore Porter slashes about with his blade.


OOC:
Go after the big ones, if none are within range just kill anything close.  Dont over expose myself.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:02, Mon 16 Dec 2019.

Thorg
 player, 41 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 20:10
The Mug and Cauldron
He advances down the stairs and lays into the Vermin.


12:59, Today: Thorg rolled 4 using 1d6+2.  Spear Thrust damage.
12:59, Today: Thorg rolled 8 using 1d6+2.  Spear Thrust damage.
12:58, Today: Thorg rolled 3 using 1d6+2.  Spear Thrust damage.
12:58, Today: Thorg rolled 13 using 3d6.  Spear Thrust.
12:58, Today: Thorg rolled 6 using 3d6.  Spear Thrust.
12:58, Today: Thorg rolled 8 using 3d6.  Spear Thrust.
rat bastid
 player, 32 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 02:18
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 301):

Adolus slashes through the swarm attacking him, dispersing it.

Throg spears another large rat, and scatters two swarms.

Porter cuts back a swarm, and takes down a dog sized rat after catching it on his shield.

Adolus has another swarm advancing from under the stairs, it will be on him soon.
Each of the other two have similarky advanced toward a number of swarms.

*swarns do automatic damage
Sparky
 player, 31 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 02:25
The Mug and Cauldron
Still bent over a little since he is fairly high up on the stairs, he finds a group ofr critters and summons a fireball.
Aldous Hack
 player, 60 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 09:52
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous jumps from the lower part of the stairs to the clear space around the nearest light brick, planting a newly shod foot among the rats if needed.
Narrator
 GM, 7127 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 16:24
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 304):

Due to the proliferation of rat corpses and blood spatter, that light is getting occluded, to the equivalent of just better than torchlight--2 to rolls. Grabbing it and lifting it would get things back to daylight.

Sparky has a fireball!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 47 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 17:33
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC: earlier, i provided a hook, and some twine, that the brick might be fastened, and hung above.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 40 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 19:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter is pleased at the team work and their success but he is concerned about the dying light from the ever increasing body count.  ”We need to clear the basement.  Would you two mind hauling up some of the dead weight?”


OOC:
Go after the next swarm or any big ones near me.

If Sparky and Aldous are willing to drag carcasses upstairs I will guard them as they do so.  Use my shield and sword to prevent stuff getting at them while they haul up meat.

Sparky
 player, 32 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 19:38
The Mug and Cauldron
We'd need bags or something ... I can carry a few that way.   Sparky is not your image of a strong young man.
Narrator
 GM, 7133 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 20:45
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 306):

No one took the time to pound the hook into the beams; there are no free rafters to hang things from- the cross beams are attached to support collumns but there is nothing to hang something from without getting on a stepstool and pounding it into place.

The larger rats, being about 80lbs, and 5 feet long including tail, can be dragged by limb or 5ail, and might take both hands.

Porter slices through a swarm, but is bitten (if you engage, being bitten by 9 rats is an environmental hazard defended against by DR) for 4 points cutting before DR. He does disperse the swarm though.
Aldous Hack
 player, 61 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 23:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous reaches down with his knife hand and tries to pick up the nearby light brick without dropping his knife.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 41 posts
 Young swordsman
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 19:23
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
Ok, since a hanging light is doable with some elbow grease I would like to work on that but only when its safe.  Sounds like we need to borrow some items from the inn folk.  A step stool and hammer along with the other items they previously offered.

Porter thinks that getting the big rat bodies out of the way would help so we're not stumbling over carcasses while we fight.  Especially if we run into undead down here.  So he suggests someone drag the big ones upstairs.  If its feasible and Sparky and Aldous are willing Thorg and Porter can cover them while they both use two hands.  Or Porter is happy to carry dead rats if someone covers him.

Sparky
 player, 33 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 21:14
The Mug and Cauldron
At 80 pounds, Sparky can only drag one out. How ever he will do that and relay the need for a hammer and a spike.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 43 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 21:31
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir nearby, has his children fetch what is needed. The door is opened, and the rat is piled with the other, slain earlier.
"Hot brown and rat pies, for a month 'o sundays!"
He exclaims.
Sparky
 player, 34 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 21:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky makes a face ... Yuck!
Aldous Hack
 player, 62 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 22:30
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sparky, as small as you are, I'd have guessed ya for a background in hunger, but if the idea of eating rat makes you ill, I guess I'm wrong.  Been many a day when I'd have welcomed even a haunch off one of these little ones to toast over an unwatched brazier."
Sparky
 player, 35 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 02:15
The Mug and Cauldron
Been hungry a lot ... but also seen what them rats eat... I do have standards.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 48 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 03:25
The Mug and Cauldron
"I guess we've been fortunate. Sometimes when work is slow, I do a day's fishing, and bring some home for ma to cook. We've never had to go hungry around here, or had to even think about eating Boris. Why, he's like one of the family."
Nana Yurick
 player, 19 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 03:29
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yes, you even drink with him. Don't lie! I've caught you giving him beer!"
Nana teased.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 49 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 03:33
The Mug and Cauldron
"He likes it! Besides, after working all day, who doesn't enjoy a drink?"
Sven countered.
Sparky
 player, 36 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 03:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky dumps the big rat on the side of te street across from the inn and then goes back over and in to the bar area.
Narrator
 GM, 7142 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 14:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 310):

Adolus has the sun bright brick in hand, but not his knife, which clatters to the ground...

I put hp in the lower part of porter's biography. We can track those things there.
Aldous Hack
 player, 63 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 23:55
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous puts his shoe on the knife to keep it from wandering off (aided by four-legged scoundrels) and looks around for someone to field the brick.

"Who wants this?  Or should I just drop it in the middle again, now that it's uncovered?"
Thorg
 player, 42 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 02:56
The Mug and Cauldron
We can hang it from the stairs...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 50 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 04:24
The Mug and Cauldron
The siblings move toward the door, each armed with boarding axe, and knife respectively, should there be a sally of rats.
"That's a good idea. Set it on the higher stairs for now, to cast light in the immediate area and take it with you, as you move throughout the cellar."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 42 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 15:37
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
I dont have a free hand to hold the glowing brick.  I say we make the effort to hang it but only if we can manage it without said person getting badly bit, or we just drop it in a clear spot on the floor.

Thorg
 player, 43 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 22:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Well if one of the Kids would come down and pound a nail with their boarding axe, it would help a lot!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 51 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 23:35
The Mug and Cauldron
18:28, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 10 using 3d6.  seamanship ~ 11 (knots) .

Sven takes the brick, twine, and hook. Knotting the twine around the brick, he supplies a wooden mallet from the kitchen, and handful of nails.
"Here, take these. Now, it's ready to hang."
He passes it along with a barstool given to him by his sister.
Thorg
 player, 44 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 22 Dec 2019
at 18:57
The Mug and Cauldron
We are fighting Rats... Can someone hand the thing?
Sparky
 player, 37 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sun 22 Dec 2019
at 19:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Let me try ...

Sparky takes the various things and tries to pound a nail in the beam. He misses the nail (and his hand) but loses his balance and falls...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 52 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 22 Dec 2019
at 19:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hey sis! I'm going down!"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Sun 29 Dec 2019.

Nana Yurick
 player, 20 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Sun 22 Dec 2019
at 19:30
The Mug and Cauldron

"I'm coming too!"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:33, Sun 29 Dec 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 44 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 22 Dec 2019
at 19:43
The Mug and Cauldron
"Be Careful you two." Kazimir looks down the stairs. "I'm confident that we have hired enough help now, that with all of you, working together you can clear the place out, and then we can see just what's really down there, and if it leads anywhere. If you are badly wounded, My wife is a skilled healer, and will treat your wounds."
Narrator
 GM, 7151 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 18:22
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 329):

Sparky falls prone, but takes no damage. A swarm of rats approach...
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 43 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 19:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Seeing the danger Porter moves to head off the rat swarm, buying the mage some time to at least get up on the stool.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 53 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 19:57
The Mug and Cauldron
14:56, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 4 using 2d6.  2d cutting to swarm.

14:55, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13.

Sven hacks at the swarm.
Nana Yurick
 player, 21 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 19:58
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana descends the stairs.
Sparky
 player, 38 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 20:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky struggles to his feet and brushes himself off... sorry, didn't manage that so well
Narrator
 GM, 7159 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 22:01
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 334):

As both Porter and Svendgard slice through the rats, they strike the same
one, and as Sven follows through, Porter's sword is ripped from his hands.

That swarm is done, and Sparky is now up on his knees.
Aldous Hack
 player, 66 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 23:52
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous passes the light brick from his knife hand to the one holding his lantern, then stoops to retrieve his large knife from the floor.

OOC: that's two Ready maneuvers, back to back.
Sparky
 player, 39 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 02:42
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky stands, leaning on his staff a bit and looks around
Nana Yurick
 player, 22 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 06:46
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana joins her brother, and looks around.
Narrator
 GM, 7164 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 16:19
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 341):

The light illuminates a high volume of rats in the corners of the space, and behind the numerous pillars and supports for the floor above.

There are maybe 6-8 yards worth of swarming rats, and around half a dozen dog sized rats, that are darting about around the edges of the bright light. dozens upon dozens of the smaller ones lie dead, although some have been partially eaten.

The rats are watching, and seem about to dart forward towards anyone turning their back on them... as they are all around you, there is a constant seething motion.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 44 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 17:40
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter swings and as luck would have it he slices into the same foe chosen by the bar man Sven.  The two weapons meet and crash into one another, causing a loud audible CLANK!.  Porters sword vibrates with the force of a storm and it flies from his hand.

Glancing around quickly and a bit nervously the former militia mercenary jogs to his fallen weapon and moves to hastily snatch it back into his firm grip.



OOC:
Retrieve my sword as soon as I can and Ready it, without exposing myself to attacks.  If I am attacked before I can get my sword then Fast Draw my knife and use that until I can get back my sword without putting myself in too much danger.

Once I retrieve my sword resume the attack on the swarm.  Aim for the dog sized rats.

Nana Yurick
 player, 23 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 17:46
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sven, this is horrible! They appear to cannibalize one another!
Everyone should pair up, back-to-back!"

The girl wore a long, hooded leather coat, that extended to her knees. Beneath, she wore a light mail coif and a cuirass of light scale in front, with light mail, in back. Leather pants, and scaled gauntlets and boots completed her defenses.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 17:51, Tue 24 Dec 2019.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 54 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 17:49
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven covers Porter's retreat, standing firmly in the way of any rats, that might try to rush him, as he turns his back. "Good idea, sis. I'm with you."
Sven wore a coif of scale, with a cuirass of scale. Larger scales made up the coif and front, while lighter scales made up the back, with a rigid collar ring, and shoulder plates. Heavy, boiled leather, armor protected his limbs, and he wore scaled gauntlets and boots.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:33, Sun 29 Dec 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 45 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 18:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Porters eyes light up at the suggestion of the new arrival.  ”That there's a real smart idea Nana.  Hey Sparky, want to buddy up?”
Sparky
 player, 40 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 18:50
The Mug and Cauldron
Sure ... just gimme a second
He draws a Dagger from his baldric and holds it out on his palm.
Aldous Hack
 player, 67 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 09:53
The Mug and Cauldron
With the light brick now in a firmer grip and his knife in hand, Aldous takes a couple steps toward the nearest corner, trying to minimize the shadows of the support pillars between the two main lights.  He slashes at any rats that come in reach as he moves.
Sparky
 player, 41 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 22:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky mumbles some while moving his left hand and a foor... the knife suddenly hurtles off his hand and into a large rat.
rat bastid
 player, 33 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 22:47
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 343):

Porter scrabbles for his sword, and barely has it readied before one of the giant rats is upon him. He stabs it, spraying blood everywhere as it squeals.

Adolus partially disperses a swarm of normal rats, but they bite at him for 2d cutting.

Sparky flings a dagger at one of the large rats, and it is now annoyed, and notices him.
Sparky
 player, 42 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 23:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky notes the poor effect of the knife, he casts  and a thin stream of flame extends a bit over a man's height, from his hand
Aldous Hack
 player, 70 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 00:29
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ouch, little cat-bait, take that!"

He slashes again.

"Dog take you, quit dodging!"

rat bastid
 player, 34 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:08
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 351):

The rat scrabbles away from Adolus with a hiss.

How much energy in that flame jet, and roll to hit.
Sparky
 player, 43 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to rat bastid (msg # 353):

Sparky cast that at 2 hex/ 2D6 power ...
14:21, Today: Sparky rolled 3 using 2d6.  Flame Jet Damage.

14:18, Today: Sparky rolled 10 using 3d6.  Innate Attack (Beam).  hits
Narrator
 GM, 7179 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 03:39
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 354):

The now flaming rat runs off squealing!
Aldous Hack
 player, 73 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 11:49
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous takes advantage of the rat's discomfiture and slashes at it again.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 46 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 19:11
The Mug and Cauldron
”That's...cutting it close.”, Porter says with a pregnant pause then a chuckle.


OOC:
Porter will keep his back to Sparky and cut at anything that comes within range.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:11, Sun 29 Dec 2019.

Nana Yurick
 player, 24 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 19:40
The Mug and Cauldron
14:37, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 3(x2) using 1d6-1.  Long Knife, thrust impaling dmg ( 1d6-1 x2).

14:36, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  Knife ~ 14 (thrusting).

Nana, with her back to her bro, thrusts at the rats!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 55 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 19:45
The Mug and Cauldron
14:41, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 8 using 2d6. (8 x 1.5, cutting dmg)

14:41, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 6 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13.

Sven swings his boarding axe!
"Ha-Haaa!"
Thorg
 player, 45 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 19:54
The Mug and Cauldron
He also stabs at anything in reach, bigger rats first.
rat bastid
 player, 35 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 21:54
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 360):

Throg stabs a large rat, gravely injuring it.
A rat lunges at Porter as he swings over it and backs away before being bitten. His return swing clips it for minimal damage.
Nana skewers three small rats and sends a swarm running.
Sven cleaves a large rat in half.

Visible at this time:
1 minimally wounded giant rat
Two badly injured giant rats, one on fire
One uninjured giant rat
Five yards of smaller rats, in different corners of the room.
Aldous Hack
 player, 74 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 22:22
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous advances on the nearest swarm, holding his lantern and the day-bright brick high and stamping each step before making another low slash.

"Back, back!"
Thorg
 player, 46 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:04
The Mug and Cauldron
He goes to finish the uninjured large large rat ...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 56 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:13
The Mug and Cauldron
18:08, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 5 using 2d6.  swing cutting (x1.5) 2d damage.

18:07, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13 .

Sven swings his axe at the burning, large rat.
"СУКА БЛЯДЬ!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 25 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:17
The Mug and Cauldron
18:14, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 1 using 1d6-1.(x2) impaling dmg, if hit.

18:14, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 14 using 3d6.  knife ~ 14 Thrust.
"Begone vermin! Get out! Get out! Get out, of our house!"
Nana thrusts at the other injured large rat, in an attempt to put it down for good.
rat bastid
 player, 36 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:42
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 365):

Nana just missed due to the size of the rat.
Sven kills the burning rat!
Throg kills the other large rat!
Adolus, stepping forward to attack a swarm of normal rats, is charged by the swarm, which bites at him, and does 4 points cutting before DR


Swarms are wandering damage, hith hit points, but don't roll to attack, they just do it.
Sparky
 player, 44 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 00:21
The Mug and Cauldron
He approaches a group of small rats within 2 meters and swings his Flame jet through them several times.
Aldous Hack
 player, 75 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 11:14
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous suddenly staggers, his new shoes torn and the legs of his leathers tattered, and his feet and legs bleeding.  With a sudden shake of his head, he turns toward the stairs.

"Coming through!  These things are eating me up!"
rat bastid
 player, 37 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 15:46
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 367):

Several rats burn, but the remaining ones do not dissipate.


Adolus is being pursued by the rats! They have a mv of 4. If your move is reduced to that, unless you expend fatigue to hobble-sprint, they can attack again!
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 47 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 17:34
The Mug and Cauldron
”Hang on Aldous, I'm coming.”, the tall athletic mercenary barks.


OOC:
Porter will move to aid Aldous in any way he can, either by protecting his retreat or being a blocker and cutting a path to the stairs.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 57 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 18:06
The Mug and Cauldron
"Leave us the brick, Aldous. Ma will clean and patch you up. Looks like you've got the worst of it tonight, so far.."
Sven says.
Sparky
 player, 45 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 18:26
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky moves to assist Aldous in getting away from the rats, moving his continuing flame jet around to deter or burn the little buggers.

I'm getting tired again and will soon need to go back upstairs.
rat bastid
 player, 38 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 21:01
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 370):

Porter dives an and slashes through the rats pursuing Adolus, dispersing them.

Ghis second swing, and Sparky's flame blast clear another swarm, and set a third aflame, and a second tlater the continued burning disperses that one also.

adolus and anyone else who has been bitten need to make HT rolls.
Nana Yurick
 player, 26 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 22:49
The Mug and Cauldron
17:46, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 5 using 1d6-1.  long knife, thrust imp dmg (x2) .

17:45, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  knife ~ 14 thrust.

Nana thrusts again with determination, at the wounded giant rat she'd missed!
"Умереть!"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 48 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 23:47
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
Dice roll in PM.

Aldous Hack
 player, 76 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 00:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous wasn't any faster than the rats to begin with, so he'll do whatever is necessary to keep ahead of them long enough to get at least partway up the stairs and out of their reach.

"Hang on, Sven.  Soon as I'm off the floor."

OOC: fatigue is the least of my worries, compared to falling down among the rats.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:49, Thu 02 Jan.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 58 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 02:56
The Mug and Cauldron
"I have an idea... We could throw fishnets over the swarms, and beat and stamp them, while they are trapped beneath, and unable to attack..."
Sven says suddenly.
Thorg
 player, 47 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 03:14
The Mug and Cauldron
Might work, but I am curious as to why they show little fear ... rats aren't so brave normally
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 59 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 03:50
The Mug and Cauldron
"They are no doubt maddened and extra feral, from decades of inbreeding and cannibalism! This is probably one of the worst things, I have seen in my life!"

Sven replied, holding his axe overhead.
Narrator
 GM, 7206 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 17:09
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 379):

Nana take out the large rat with her knife.

Porter feels a little queasy.

The rats had time to adjust to the light, have been swarming individuals,  and the larger rats are more viscious.
Nana Yurick
 player, 27 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 19:18
The Mug and Cauldron
As the big rat goes down, Nana cries out:
"Come on, let's get out of here!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 60 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 19:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"Dad! Let us in, we've got some injured!"
Sven bellowed.
Narrator
 GM, 7210 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 20:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 382):

In addition to the shouting below, there is shouting from outside.

A small redhaired figure enters the tavern from the stableyard.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 45 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 20:58
The Mug and Cauldron
"Похоже, у нас есть некоторые травмы."
Kazimir says to his wife, as he unbolts and opens the door, for those below, to retreat above.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 25 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 21:01
The Mug and Cauldron
"Кто этот малыш?"
Hetilda says, looking at what she thinks is a little girl.
Aldous Hack
 player, 77 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 00:04
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous keeps his iron grip on his lantern (with the light brick) and his knife, but leans on the wall as he stumbles and staggers up the stairs.

"Didn't realize I was that bad off until the room started spinning."

His new shoes are bloodied and chewed, and his ankles look like the source of the blood.

"I think I need to rest."  With that, just past the cellar door, he goes to his knees, then sidewise to rest on his knife hand, lantern still held high.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 49 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 00:35
The Mug and Cauldron
Black follows the others up the stairs for a brief rest when suddenly halfway up the stairs his knees wobble and he grabs hold of the railing with some force. ”I don't feel so good.”


OOC:
Porter looks pale and clammy.

Thorg
 player, 48 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 00:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg acts as rear guard, stabbing at any Rat that tried to close in, which keeps him busy stabbing.  Sparky, hurry up stairs and quit trying to burn rats,
Aine Walsh
 player, 3 posts
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 01:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 388):

This was supposed to be a restful inn, but with all the shouting, the redhaired figure looks around, concerned.
Nana Yurick
 player, 28 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 02:56
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana rushes upstairs, with her brother on her heels!
"Gangway!"
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 46 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 03:11
The Mug and Cauldron
Still looking at the wee redhead.
"Почему, она лепрекон!" He replies to his wife in Shevnian.
Switching into his accented Aralaise, he speaks to the leprechaun.
"Welcome! Are you here about the job? We're clearing out a rat colony from the cellars, but it looks like we might be finished for tonight. They're pretty vicious, and some are as large as dogs!"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:11, Fri 03 Jan.

Aldous Hack
 player, 78 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 09:59
The Mug and Cauldron
"And they bite!"  From his partially prone position, Aldous weakly extends a leg to show his rat bites.
Aine Walsh
 player, 4 posts
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 13:43
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 392):

"Ah, job. Yes, that is what I am here for!"

She glances nervously behind her.

"It sound like you need some Cats. Big Cats. Should I send one down for tonight?"
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 46 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 17:25
The Mug and Cauldron
"What's all the commotion outside? You wouldn't be a thief, with a mob on your tail, would you?"
The innkeeper raised the corner of his mouth and an eyebrow suspiciously.

This message was last updated by the player at 17:25, Fri 03 Jan.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 26 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 17:29
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda fetches her medical bag, and some herb jars, bringing a stool over to where Aldous lies. She motions for any others with wounds, to come be treated.
13:36, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 7 using 3d6.  diagnosis ~ 14 (second try).

13:36, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 15 using 3d6.  diagnosis ~ 14.

She knows the wounds are from the rats obviously, but she isn't sure just how bad they are, until she has a closer look. They looked like they were an infection waiting to happen, she thought.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:40, Fri 03 Jan.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 50 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 19:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter wanders over to where Aldous is being treated.  He sits and waits his turn while beads of sweat form on his forehead but strangely the man has no visible wounds.
Narrator
 GM, 7220 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 21:07
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 396):

He has a nip at his ankle, where a rat bit under the cuff of his shoe and through it.


The shouting outside sounds like an angry crowd looking fore "impure blood"

Make first aid rolls, followed by any esoteric healing or spellcasting.
Aine Walsh
 player, 5 posts
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 21:43
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 394):

"Heavens, no. There is a mob of purists running around that want to get rid of all non-humans. Clearly I might be a target. They might also be against foreigners. Do we need a big cat or not?

That is a nasty bite. I can see if I can help...
"

She attempts first aid...
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 27 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 22:50
The Mug and Cauldron
17:43, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  esoteric medicine ~ 13 (second try).

17:42, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 16 using 3d6.  esoteric medicine ~ 13.

Hetilda takes some time searching through various sealed jars. She prepares a poultice from a mixture of dried herbs, which have been dissolved in pure alchohal. She carefully spreads the poultice on the bites, after the leprechaun cleans, but before she bandages Aldous up.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:23, Fri 03 Jan.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 62 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 22:54
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven and Nana look at the leprechaun, then each other, and Sven shrugs.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:37, Wed 15 Jan.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 47 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 22:59
The Mug and Cauldron
"If you could summon a tiger or leopard, to do some fighting down there, that would be excellent! Then, you'll be welcome to rest and eat, to recover your strength, if you like. My name is Kazimir Yurick, my wife Hetilda, and my son Svendegard, and my daughter, Nana."
Narrator
 GM, 7222 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:16
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 400):

In a circle around the leprechaun's feet, the dust on the floor spreads out into a clear space and forms a raised ring.
Aine Walsh
 player, 7 posts
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 401):

After helping out with first aid, she asks for directions to send the creature once she has cast the spell. Then she pauses and works some arcane magic...

A tiger forms in front of her!

"Go hunt mice, kitty!"

She will nearly collapse after that, tiring over the next few minutes...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 63 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:26
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven unbolts and opens the door, for the tiger!
He looks very enthusiastic, to say the least.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:26, Fri 03 Jan.

Aldous Hack
 player, 79 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:45
The Mug and Cauldron
"Oh, those purists again.  How many of them consider themselves Triunist?  Or Vejovist?  Wonder when they last went to worship?  Ouch! That stings!"

Now that things have calmed down, Aldous manages to set down his lantern and blow out the flame, and hands over the light brick he's been holding to Thorg or Porter, whichever is handy to take it.
Nana Yurick
 player, 29 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:52
The Mug and Cauldron
18:50, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  current events (little shevnia) ~ 13.

18:50, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  current events (guild) ~ 13.

Nana tried to recall any talk of "purists" in the places she liked to spend her time, most...
"Purists? Hmm.."
Aldous Hack
 player, 80 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 00:06
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah.  Folks who think humans 'r so much better 'n other folk that they shouldn't breed with them.  Some think we shouldn't even live near 'em.  A few even extend their hate to other kinds of humans, like Sahudese, Shevnians, Valdassyans, or desi.  Stupid."  He shakes his head in disgust.

"We almost had a war here not long ago between orcs and goblins, before some humans dove in and helped sort it out.  Those purists would rather have seen Northport burn."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 64 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 00:11
The Mug and Cauldron
"Well, we don't cotton to orcs, round here. Their coin is good, as long as they behave. If not, then we show 'em the door, or not to mess with the Yuricks." (the whole family is intolerant to orcs -5)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:14, Sat 04 Jan.

Nana Yurick
 player, 30 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 00:16
The Mug and Cauldron
"You said it brother. I won't forgive them, for what they did to our people!"
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 48 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 00:34
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ah the homeland.. Don't despair, I'll play you the song Dedushka, taught me. "Black Earth"
19:21, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 14 using 3d6.  singing ~ 16.

19:21, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 5 using 3d6.  Lute ~ 15. (crit)

"I embraced many, thinking they were friends
Black earth (is), my faithful beloved
I wandered in vain, tired for nothing
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

I devoted myself to many beautiful ones
I neither saw faithfulness (in them) nor found any use
I took everything I wished for from the Earth
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

She gave me sheep, gave me lamb, gave milk
Gave food, gave bread, gave meat
When I didn't beat her up with pickaxe, she gave short
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

She sheltered me since Adam
She fed me all sorts of fruits
She carried me on her surface everyday
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

I ripped her belly with pickaxe
I tore her face with my hands and nails
Yet, she greeted me with her roses
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

She laughed at me as I tortured her
There's no lie in this, everyone saw it
I gave her a single seed, she gave me four orchards
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

If I look up in the air, I take air
if I look down to the Earth, I take prayer
Where would I stay if I leave the Earth
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

If you have a wish, ask it to the God
To collect it, go no farther away from the Earth
The Earth has been blessed with generosity by  God
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

If you seek truth, here's a clear point:
The God is close to man, and man to the God
God's secret treasure is within the Earth
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

The Earth covers all of our faults
It recovers me, salving my wounds
It is waiting for my arrival with arms open wide
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved

Whoever is honored with this secret
She (or he) leaves an unfading legacy to this world
One day, she takes me to her bosom
Black Earth (is), my faithful beloved...."

*the actual melody* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XnhXg4XuqU

This message was last edited by the player at 10:09, Sun 05 Jan.

Thorg
 player, 49 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 04:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Interestin' song ... Gets you thinkin'.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 51 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 16:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher sits quietly with a solemn look to his face.  He is pale and sweaty.  He does his best to be a part of the conversation and comment on the well sung song but the truth is the man is light headed and his stomach is queasy.


OOC:
I didn't mean to confuse.  Porter has a light bite mark hidden under some armor, that would only be seen if looked for.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 28 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 18:50
The Mug and Cauldron
13:41, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  esoteric medicine ~ 13.
After Aldous is patched up, Hetilda treats Porter similarly, but seeing his condition, also brews him an herbal decoction to combat his fever.
"Выпей это."
She says, handing him a steaming cup.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 49 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:29
The Mug and Cauldron
"We may be in a foreign land, our homeland overrun by degenerates, but the sun still shines, soil still yields, and the sea still brings forth it's bounties for us. Let us be thankful for that, and that our families were able to escape...We might have to tolerate the orcs here, and be reminded of our humiliation, but we don't have to like them. I'll carry on the stories and songs of our people, and our glories shall not be forgotten."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:10, Tue 07 Jan.

Aine Walsh
 player, 8 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:56
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 414):

Sine watches as her charge attacks the rats...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 65 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 01:53
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven watches with his sister, as a summoned tiger goes down into their personal horror show, below.
Nana Yurick
 player, 31 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 02:02
The Mug and Cauldron
"Мама! Давай, смотри!"
*Laughing*
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 29 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 02:04
The Mug and Cauldron
The couple just look at their kids, and laugh.
Aldous Hack
 player, 81 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 10:04
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous shrinks from the tiger as it appears, but relaxes when he sees it seemingly answer commands from the tiny woman.  "That's a nice trick!"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 52 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 19:28
The Mug and Cauldron
Black sits quietly while he is attended to.  He's used to getting fevers and such, combat wounds and animal bites is a dirty business.  He is grateful to have healers on site as opposed to just riding out of the chills and sweats.

When the tiger appears out of the dust cloud Fisher is amazed and his mouth hangs open.  He's heard of these things before but never seen this kind of wonder so close up.
Thorg
 player, 50 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 19:33
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg is startled and takes three steps back when the tiger appears...
Tyger, tyger
 NPC, 1 post
 Burning bright
 In the forest of the nigh
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:00
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 421):

Wirh a growl, the orange striped creature dives down the stairs.

There is much squeaking.
Aine Walsh
 player, 9 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 03:14
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Tyger, tyger (msg # 422):

"That should help..."

She maintains the spell as long as she can...
Aldous Hack
 player, 82 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 09:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Indeed it should.  Smart money among the rats's gotta be on moving out, quick!"

OOC: any HP recovery from Hetilda's ministrations?
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 66 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 13:28
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven shuts and bolts the door quickly, after the tiger descends.
Nana gets down on her hands and knees, looking through the slats in the floorboards.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 53 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 16:13
The Mug and Cauldron
From his relaxed vantage point he watches a tiger, this huge jungle predator, form out of nothing and bound downstairs.  He almost squeals with delight at the thought of what this one-animal wrecking crew will do.

When the newcomer shows wicked signs of tiring Porter watches on with interest.  While he hasn't seen a ton of magic ritual close up he's seen enough to know all that is involved is a little finger wiggling.  How does that become so tiring?


OOC:
Right, following Hetilda's care am I fever free?

Sparky
 player, 46 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:33
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky tries to cast, but something goes wrong and he curses ...
Narrator
 GM, 7248 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 18:00
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 426):

Fisher feels much better.
Sparky feels etherically constipated.
Sparky
 player, 47 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 20:00
The Mug and Cauldron
Damn, need to cast more fruit spells...
Narrator
 GM, 7265 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 14:44
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 426):

Port's fever breaks, and each of youvthat were wounded have a HP back.

There is a bit of noise for a minute or so, and then quiet in the basement asAine's spell fades out.
Nana Yurick
 player, 32 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 14:59
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sounds like the spell's worn off..I wonder how many rats it got.."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 67 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 15:01
The Mug and Cauldron
"This is Ragnarok, for the likes of them."
Aine Walsh
 player, 10 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:37
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 432):

"Happy to go down to check, after we have had a bit of a rest..." she replies tiredly. She looks for a place to crash for now.
Aldous Hack
 player, 83 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:50
The Mug and Cauldron
"I feel better, thanks to Madame Yurick, but I still ain't fit for more fighting.  I might be a week or more healing this up.  Damn all rats!"
Sparky
 player, 48 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 02:30
The Mug and Cauldron
I should be able to return in a short while
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 50 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 03:22
The Mug and Cauldron
"Don't worry Aldous. There's other, less dangerous work to be done here, like clearing out broken furniture, trash, and cleaning and fixing up this place. It looks like you got the worst of it, for sure. You're a brave lad, but it would seem you're in need of better equipment."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 68 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 03:54
The Mug and Cauldron
The siblings nod in agreement.
Aine Walsh
 player, 11 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 09:02
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 437):

"Sorry I can't heal you, but I can try to keep you safe. But for now, a good rest is called for. By all, it seems."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 69 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 00:03
The Mug and Cauldron
"Everyone is bedding down in the stables. Would you care for some food and drink, before you retire? You missed a great dinner, but the cauldron is still in the embers, and there are knish left in the basket on the hearth."
Aine Walsh
 player, 12 posts
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 05:09
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 439):

"Sounds great. Do you have a pillow I could sleep on as well?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 70 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 10:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"Afraid not, but there's plenty of dry straw in there, and some feed bags that might work pretty well to spread your cloaks, and blankets on."
Nana Yurick
 player, 33 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 10:35
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana brings the leprechaun some hot soup and warm knishes on a tray, and Sven pours her some kvass. "Here you are. That must have taken alot of out you, huh?"
Aine Walsh
 player, 13 posts
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 11:17
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 442):

"Thank you. It does, but hopefully it took more out of the rats..."

She great fully accepts the odd tasting drink and food, which is more than enough for her small stomach. She keeps leftovers for later...

Lol, I doubt she would have tasted kvass, but it is definitely an acquired taste for those unfamiliar. But she would be hungry enough..."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 54 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 23:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Black stands following the brew he'd been given.  Quickly he flexes his arms and turns his head this way and that.  His fever has broken, and the queasy and light headed feelings are definitely gone.  He smiles at the woman and quips.  ”That's a neat trick.  Many thanks Hetilda.”, Porter says with a slight yet respectful bow.

As the discussion turns to what became of the rats it piques the mercenaries curiosity.  So he moves to the basement door and presses an ear there.


OOC:
Porter is feeling a bit useless since his wounds are healed.  He recognizes the others need for rest but he feels like he should be doing something to earn his keep.

Porter will move to the basement door and listen at it.  He will also kneel and look under the crack to see if there are signs of rats on the other side.

If there are no signs of rats nearby and he can get Svens attention Porter wants to open the basement door and go about half way down the stairs.  I want Sven there to be ready to close the door in case I need to high tail it up.  Sword will be Ready.  Shield is left behind for this scouting mission.

Aine Walsh
 player, 14 posts
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 00:07
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 444):

[OOC How much rest has she had at this point?]

"Wait. You will need light..."

Assuming she has been able to rest for an hour or two, she will take out her staff.

She takes her staff and makes an incantation as she waves her hand over the tip. It begins to glow brighter than any torch.

"I can look, but I am going to need to rest a while longer...another 2 hours at least.
Thorg
 player, 51 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 03:42
The Mug and Cauldron
I kin help cover a peek...
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 30 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 06:10
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda nods and smiles at the acknowledgement. Not understanding the words, but the sentiments, just fine.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 71 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 06:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ready?"
Svendegard unbolts the door, and will open it to let those scouting, below.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 55 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 06:26
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
In reading back through my post I realize I didn't really make my intentions clear.  This is a scouting mission.  I don't mean to cut up rats without the rest of the group.  I want to see how well the tiger put a dent in whats left, and to see if its worth hauling up dead bodies while the others rest.

Narrator
 GM, 7277 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 22:57
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 449):

Creeping down the steps into shadowed daybright light, Aine realizes her spell wasn't needed. Below is a scene of carn, with shreds of rats of all sizes. There is some faint squeaking though.
Nana Yurick
 player, 34 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 02:35
The Mug and Cauldron
The siblings poke their heads, round the door's frame.
"I hear them!"
Aine Walsh
 player, 16 posts
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 03:00
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 450):

Is the area flammable? Also, how many cp does she have left (is how much rest has she gotten?)

"I did not see the area before, but I think it has improved...should we burn out what is left?"
Sparky
 player, 49 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 03:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Fire makes the owners a bit nervous ... can you also put a fire out?
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 51 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 03:43
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'm uncomfortable using fire, where it could catch and destroy our home, and livelihood.
Just be careful... with fire, a little goes a long way."
 

Narrator
 GM, 7284 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:41
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 452):

Younhad time to get back 3 fp
Aldous Hack
 player, 84 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 21:26
The Mug and Cauldron
Curious about the situation, Aldous, still a bit wobbly, limps over to the door to peek down after Porter and Aine.

"Oh, that's lots quieter than it was.  Gonna need some sweeping up, though."

He cocks his head.

"You still got a rat problem, but I don' think it's one fer the books, now."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 56 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 16:14
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
If Aine needs more rest this was my thought.  Those not resting could venture down the stairs.  If the number of rats left willing to fight is small we could divide into two teams.  One team, such as me and Thorg could form a defense and kill anything that comes near the other team.  Team two is dedicated to removing dead rats.  For sale for profit and to remove tripping hazards should we run into other stuff, such as undead.

Aine Walsh
 player, 17 posts
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 00:06
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 457):

Wine will want to rest for a couple of hours at least...
Narrator
 GM, 7288 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 21:41
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 457):

A shovel and a tarpulin might help here.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 72 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 22:01
The Mug and Cauldron
16:56, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  scrounging ~ 11 .
"There was an old spade and some worn tarps in the stable, when we moved in. Those will come in handy, with cleaning up the carnage. There's also a refuse pile, accumulating in front of the house, we'd like to get rid of. We can shovel it all into the cart, and have Boris bring us to the dump tomorrow, Dad."
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 52 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 22:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"That would be best. Maybe we can make a couple trips, and get rid of anything else we can't burn in the fireplace. Most of the broken furniture we can smash into kindling, but the rest can go onto the cart, to the dump as well. I'll need to stay here to mind the place with you, son. Nana, go with your mother with the wagon, tomorrow, and whoever wants to help. Once we get the upper rooms cleared out, we can clean up the place, and your mother wants to make room to read fortunes, and consult with clients about treatments for them and their sick animals."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:14, Mon 20 Jan.

Narrator
 GM, 7292 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 15:31
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 461):

The dump is located in the southeast end of the city, by the eastern edge of the Merchant's quarter where it meets little Shevnia.
Nana Yurick
 player, 35 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 18:38
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay Dad."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 73 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 18:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven nods.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 57 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 19:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter takes the small shovel in hand and tucks the tarp under the other arm after sheathing his sword.  With a nod he adds ”On it.”, he says to Sven coolly.


OOC:
Take the shovel and tarp.  Also get an improved dustpan, a flat board will do.  Go down in the basement but only if I have help.  I'm mostly concerned with someone to fight off rats while my back is turned.  If Aldous wants to be the scooper I'm happy to stand guard over him, and I assume Thorg is coming too.  Scoop onto the tarp and carry it upstairs to the waste pile.  Divide the labor in a common sense way.  Expediency second, safety first.  Rinse and repeat until all or most of the dead rats are removed.

When most of the rats are removed re-evaluate if we need to kill more rats or its time to remove junk from the upper parts of the inn.


Aldous Hack
 player, 85 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 23:27
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'd help with that, Porter, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to stand for any length of time just yet.  Might be a couple days before I'm up to things like climbing stairs if it's not a matter of life and death."
Aine Walsh
 player, 18 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 04:02
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 466):

The small creature is already snoozing in the straw...
Thorg
 player, 52 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:10
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 465):

He'll go as a guard, so the other's can work. He'll warn of anything he sees.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 74 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:18
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven follows porter and Thorg.
Nana Yurick
 player, 36 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana tags along.
"Hey! Wait for me!"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:20, Wed 22 Jan.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 53 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 18:24
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 466):
"Take a rest, my friend. Let the poultice do it's thing, and keep those legs propped up. Do you have any housekeeping, cooking, or bartending experience?"

Kazimir asked the wounded youth.
Narrator
 GM, 7302 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:36
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Kazimir Yurick (msg # 471):

While aldus rests with his leg elevated, the others descend with their equipment and use the shovel to clear enough rats aside toblay out the old canvas sheet.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 31 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda begins to light the lamps inside for the night, and feeds and waters Boris.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 54 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:56
The Mug and Cauldron
16:52, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6 ((5,5,2)). Balaika ~ 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uFoaYe_OGg (the actual melody)
Kazimir begins to play an old Shevnian military march, suitable for the battle against the rats...
Sparky
 player, 50 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 22:54
The Mug and Cauldron
That's a nice Plucky tune...
Aldous Hack
 player, 86 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 10:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sorry, Kazimir, I'm good at getting into places I shouldn't be, and getting out of them again, I can use my knives, or a smallsword if I could get one, and I know my way around town, especially the Artisan district."  He waves vaguely in that direction.  "I don't know anything about business or cooking or drinks.  I can run a broom or a shovel, but I haven't done much of either.  Too much competition, not enough pay.

"I'm afraid the things I do best are fighting and stealing."

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 55 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 13:08
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir nodded. "Sounds like I hired a lot of adventurers!"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 58 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 19:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Immediately noticing the carnage Fisher smiles at their handiwork.  They make a good team.  He begins scooping and shoving rat bodies and guts out of the way so he can lay down the tarp.  From above he hears the sweet music played by one of the inn folk.  He yells up,  ”Beautiful!”.

As he goes about his work he wonders if and when they'll run across the undead spkoen of earlier.  He's heard many a tale about corpses moving about, some with flesh and some without.  At first he always thought these were lies.  How can a pile of bones stand up on its own and move around?  What holds it together without the organs and blood and what-not?  But he's heard these stories so many times told so convincingly that he now has little doubt of the validity.


OOC:
With Thorg, Nana and Sven to help however they like lay out the tarp and begin shoveling/ pushing/ dragging/ tossing rat bodies onto the tarp.  When the tarp looks to have a full load carry it upstairs and dump it in the appropriate place.  Do not fill the tarp so much as to make it too ungainly or cumbersome.  Better to make lots of little trips with easy loads than a few trips with awkward loads where we spill.

Sword is sheathed.  Shield is nearby but out of the way.


Aine Walsh
 player, 19 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 21:24
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 478):

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You did not think that a cute little lass 11 inches long could SNORE like that!
Nana Yurick
 player, 37 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:17
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana grimaced at the scene.
"Ick! Ack!! Gross!!!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 75 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:21
The Mug and Cauldron
"Looks like progress, and it looks good."
Aldous Hack
 player, 87 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 22:44
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'm no adventurer, or anyhow not yet, those're just what's needful to keep body and soul together for 'n orphan livin' rough in the Artisan.  A real adventurer'd have a sword, real armor, maybe a bow or crossbow 'stead of just a spare knife to chuck an' hope to get back.

"But you were lookin' fer folk to kill yer rats.  Plenty a' them in Artisan, but I never seen 'em like that basement."

Narrator
 GM, 7314 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:31
The Mug and Cauldron
The first  tarpload of dead rays goes up without incident,  this should take three more loads..

On the third trip, two swarms of rats approach...
Aine Walsh
 player, 20 posts
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:48
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 483):

zzzZZZZzzz...
Thorg
 player, 53 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:02
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 483):

Thorg goes to work on the rats...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 76 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:26
The Mug and Cauldron
21:14, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 10 using 2d6.  swung axe, 2d cut dmg (x1.5) .

21:13, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13.

Svendegard hacks at the swarm!
Nana Yurick
 player, 38 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:28
The Mug and Cauldron
21:23, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 5 using 1d6-1.  1d -1 impaling, x2.

21:22, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  knife ~ 14 (thrust) 1d-1 impaling x2.

21:21, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 1 using 1d6-1.  knife ~ 14 (thrust) 1d-1 impaling x2.(mistake)

Nana thrusts with her long knife, aiding her brother.
Narrator
 GM, 7321 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 13:47
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 487):

Sven clears one swarm, and  Thorg and Nana clear the other.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 59 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 16:08
The Mug and Cauldron
When two swarms of rats appear out of the corners of the shadowed room Porter puts his hand on the hilt of his weapon but he is too slow.  The others have already dispatched the foul vermin.  Black sets himself back to work tossing the small carcasses onto the tarp and hauling it up.


OOC:
Continue the work of removing rat bodies.


Kazimir Yurick
 player, 56 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 01:32
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 482):
"I have a feeling the rats are just a symptom of something worse...but let's all hope, it's lucrative, eh?"

Nana Yurick
 player, 39 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 02:02
The Mug and Cauldron
21:00, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 10 using 3d6.  observation ~ 13.
Nana takes the time to observe the area, and keeps an eye out for anything lurking.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 77 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 02:10
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'll get the hammer and nails, and we'll hang a proper light here. Then, we can carry the brick with us, and have it's excellent light."
He goes up behind a load of rats-in-a-blanket, and using a stool, stands and hammers a nail into the beam, on which to hang a lantern was prepared to hang.
Thorg
 player, 54 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 02:12
The Mug and Cauldron
He goes to check the darker corners with the new light to see if there are holes or doorways we haven't seen.
Aine Walsh
 player, 21 posts
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 21:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 493):

ZZzzzz   ZZ zzz
Narrator
 GM, 7333 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:55
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 494):

Be about a half an hour before you top off.

The basement is roughly L shaped like the Tavern. the northwest corner is very damp, and there are ruined barrels in the eastern wing. About every three yards or so is a post  supporting the roof.

MAke a Per-4 or a search roll
Thorg
 player, 55 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 03:12
The Mug and Cauldron
He looks around and kicks a few barrels to see if they are sound... but sees nothing
Nana Yurick
 player, 40 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 04:44
The Mug and Cauldron
16:25, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  Search ~ 13-4 (default, 8 or less..). "Alot of junk down here..."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 78 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 04:46
The Mug and Cauldron
23:44, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  perception ~ 11-4 (default, 7 or less..).
"Yeah.."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 60 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 06:40
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher goes about his work tossing dead rats onto the tarp and then hauling it upstairs.  He is only vaguely aware that part of the underground room is wet.


OOC:
Continue the work of removing rat bodies.

Narrator
 GM, 7342 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 21:11
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 499):

There do seem to be an awful lot of dead rats!
Sparky
 player, 51 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 21:32
The Mug and Cauldron
We have been working hard to make it that way ... so how many too many are we sensing?
Aine Walsh
 player, 22 posts
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:22
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 501):

zzzz....zz...zzz.......
Narrator
 GM, 7351 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:00
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 501):

two more tarps worth should do it, then you can perform a more active search. that will be about twenty minutes, so thie short redhead will be done with her nap.

Also, tomorrow I can upload a new map.
Aine Walsh
 player, 23 posts
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 503):

"Are we there yet?" she asks, without really opening her eyes...
Narrator
 GM, 7360 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:28
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 504):

https://drive.google.com/open?...9EwUH7ZhGtMt30JBsnWQ
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 61 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 19:33
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
Continue the work of removing rat bodies.

Cool map.  There is a dotted line in the NW corner of the basement, near the word “damp”.  Is that a door?  And just below the L shaped stairs there is what appears to be a door.  To the right of it is empty space, is that a door?

Narrator
 GM, 7366 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 21:00
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 506):

Wirh the lights on there are two old wooden doors, with bars on this side. The dotted line is a verdegris covered bronze gate with a built in lock.  Which are you investigating?
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 62 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 21:51
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
I'm not investigating at this time.  Just curious what Porter can see.  When I'm finished getting the rats out then I'll switch to investigating.

Nana Yurick
 player, 41 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana has brought a broom with her, and sweeps behind the men, hauling.
Aldous Hack
 player, 88 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 23:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ssshhh, Aine, you have a little time yet."
Aine Walsh
 player, 24 posts
Sun 2 Feb 2020
at 00:04
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 510):

"...Awww, thanks dad..."

She smiles sweetly and rolls over and keeps sleeping, quietly this time.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:01, Sun 02 Feb.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 79 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 01:23
The Mug and Cauldron
"I bet I can scrounge up some kittens tomorrow, Sis..For the basement."
Sven chats, as he works.
Narrator
 GM, 7380 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:57
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 512):

I tried to load the map to group 0, but it is not loading.
Nana Yurick
 player, 42 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 17:19
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 512):
"Sounds like a plan! Maybe we can find some puppies too, Mom's been wanting to get a dog for the stables."

Aldous Hack
 player, 89 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:47
The Mug and Cauldron
"You know, if I just lie around and wait to heal, I'm not doing anything to earn even meals.  Does anyone have a stick I could borrow, to lean on while I hobble down to the cathedral and try to get healed?"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 63 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 19:03
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter over hears the young mans comment as he's hauling a load of rats upstairs.  ”Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find one.”


OOC:
Finishing hauling the last loads out the basement.  Then spend some time looking around for anything that could be used to make an improved crutch.  Ideally a stick or board about 4.5 feet long that we could nail a cross bar onto and wrap some cloth around it for under arm support.  If nothing can be found Porter will help Aldous to the healers by walking shoulder to shoulder so that Aldous can use Porter as a crutch.

Aldous Hack
 player, 92 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 23:42
The Mug and Cauldron
"Thanks, Porter, no big hurry, it'll probably take me an hour or more to get there with this leg.  A few minutes one way or the other doesn't matter."
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 57 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 23:48
The Mug and Cauldron
"Be careful. The streets can be dangerous at night, and there seems to be more unrest than usual..." Kazimir cautioned.
cultist
 NPC, 64 posts
 deluded soul
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 02:49
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 515):

Luckily you and Porter get to the cathedral without incident other than engaging a religious procession of drunken devotees of the triunist Saint Pyr- do you follow them or try to bypass them?

Occ: triunists charge coreligionists $2 per hp healed, others pay $3
Aldous Hack
 player, 93 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 10:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous will follow along with the cultists as long as they're moving toward the cathedral.  If they're moving faster than he can keep up, he'll let them go on ahead.

OOC: Aldous was raised and remains Triunist -- that's why the cathedral was his destination.
Narrator
 GM, 7387 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:32
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 520):

You arrive rather slowly at the cathedral, and stop in at one of the small shrines where there is an icon of a fat friar and a well... make a theology roll (iq-4 for you, -6 ,for porter if he isn't  triunist as well.+1 on roll for a successful carousing roll)
Is Porter a triunist?

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:35, Fri 07 Feb.

Aldous Hack
 player, 94 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 23:38
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous kneels carefully, keeping the weight off his injured foot and leg, before the shrine -- then squints at the icon.

"I don't know this one.  So many saints..."

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 64 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 15:56
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter is happy to accompany the young injured street runner to the cathedral.  Porter likes helping but too the smell and wet, sticky, slimy mess of the blood and guts was getting to him.  This is a nice diversion.

As Aldous kneels at the icon and isn't quite sure Porter just shrugs.


OOC:
Not sure what Triunist is so at this time lets say Porter is undecided.  Botched the roll, Porter is no help.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 58 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 16:56
The Mug and Cauldron
 OOC Triunists believe in God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. 3 divine aspects in one person, but each with His own manisfestation, of carrying out His will, and interacting with His creations, and other beings. There are also a myriad of saints, which have through various means, displayed their extreme piety and virtues as living examples of how to attain theosis, or have become martyrs for the sake of The Lord. These are like an extended family, of the Kingdom of Heaven. They also each have their own spheres of influence and domains, concerning different issues, as well as being patrons of various skills, arts, and crafts.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:00, Sat 08 Feb.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 65 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 17:17
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
Thanks Kaz.  That was very helpful.  So its similar to Christianity.  In that case Porter is a Triunist, but he's far from devout.  I still missed the roll horribly.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 32 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 17:24
The Mug and Cauldron
The Yuricks were kulaks, until the invasions, then they became gypsies. They are all greedy, proud, and the women are selfish, and prone to fighting. They worship their ancestors, heroes, and various spirits of nature, along with various Gods and Goddesses.
Narrator
 GM, 7400 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 20:55
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Hetilda Yurick (msg # 526):

There are a fistful of deities in Shevnia that might be claimed as ancestors as well. Based on th er slavic gods, they include  Rod, Belobog, Chernabog, Hors, Makosh, and others.


Both Porter and Adolus now have recieved a blessing for participating in the procession.
You were regaled with the primary act of martyrdom of St.Pyr, who consumed consecrated sacramental wine so it would not be wasted, and fell into a well and died. He is the patron saint of falling down drunks.
Aldous Hack
 player, 95 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 23:53
The Mug and Cauldron
"Thank you, St. Pyr, for though I hope never to be so drunk as you were, if I am, I will welcome your protection."

Aldous levers himself up with his good foot and the improvised crutch, and hobbles toward whatever priest he can spot.

"Father, I must confess, and then seek your aid in healing my wounds."
Father Robard
 NPC, 30 posts
 goblyn
 Christian Priest
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 17:58
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 528):

"My child, how in the name of the Three came you by this injury? You may give your confession as I dress your wounds, although I saresay this might be penance enough, so long as your sins are not the sort as would gravely inperil your soul."
The goblin priest looks over at Porter.
"Master Fisher is has been long  since we have seen you ! Perhaps your confession will be longer, as I have heard young Adolus' sins this week past."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 21:17, Wed 12 Feb.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 66 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 19:36
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter is simply hanging around, lending aid when needed for poor Aldous.  Black has been in that boat before and managing by oneself is painful, in many ways.  But he is surprised when the priest calls him out.  Usually Porter doesn't answer to anything else and will ignore people who don't use his preferred name.  But the Father is one of the few exceptions.

Porter turns a slight red and bows his head sheepishly.  ”Ya Father.  I uh...been busy.”  But even as he utters the words a pang of guilt shoots through him.  Was he really too busy to neglect his faith?  Totally?


OOC:
When Father Robard is done attending to Aldous Porter will give confession, and yes, it'll be a long one.  ;)

Aldous Hack
 player, 96 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 10:12
The Mug and Cauldron
"Father, as always, what's needful and what's right ain't quite the same.  Since my last confession, I've lifted things that weren't mine three times, only two of those were from hunger.  I've fallen to envy twice.  I've lusted in my heart once, just today.

"I did get a job, Father.  That's where I got these bites.  If I can hold onto it, they feed me and pay enough to buy clothes and some equipment, and we might even get loot from the undercity."

Father Robard
 NPC, 31 posts
 goblyn
 Christian Priest
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:08
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 531):

"My son, it is good that you are finding honest work, let that be your penance for being lightfingered. As to the lust, pray a Gloria Est to Saint Ursula for guidance. Go forth, and sin no more, Te Absolvo.... now, Fisher. I think you might want the privacy of the confessional... come with me."


A few minutes of unburdening later, the freshly shriven Porter exits the confessionals with a laundry list of prayers he is not sure he remembers the words to, and a request to do an act of kindness to a stranger.


Btw, being devout with normal attendance at services, and up to and including minor dietary restrictions or voluntary tithing  is all of a 1 point quirk.  If you pray for more than an hour a dayon top of that, that is a 5pt disad, dscaplines of faith.
Being lukewarm in attendance or belief is 0, telling everybody you are agnostic or an athiest is a quirk.
Aldous Hack
 player, 97 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 10:10
The Mug and Cauldron
While Porter is in the confessional, Aldous performs his penance for lust; kneeling once more, and holding the image of Saint Ursula in his mind, he confidently intones:

"Esto gloria est Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Sicut erat in princípio, et nunc, et semper: et in saecula saeculorum."

He then crosses himself before struggling back to his feet.

When the Porter and Father Robards return, he entreats the priest.

"Father, I have some coin, honestly obtained, to offer to the Three; will you aid the healing of my wounds so I may return to my job?"

OOC: Need 8 HP of healing, 16 farthings.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 67 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 19:40
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher exits the small confessional booth, a vague look of stubborn irritation loosely hanging about his face.  As he reviews his penance in his head he wonders if he needs a refresher before leaving.


OOC:
Good to know about the point levels for the religion.  The 1 point Quirk fits Porter perfectly.

Aid Aldous in whatever way is needed.  Leave when he is ready.

On my way out drop $5 in the tithe box.

Father Robard
 NPC, 32 posts
 goblyn
 Christian Priest
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 18:58
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 533):

"let me see what I can do."
He requests the aid of one of thr decons, snd both goblins lay their hands upon your wounds.  You feel a warmth spread through the affected part that rises into a sesring heat. When they withdraw their hands, you have new pink skin where the rats had bitten, and only a general soreness that rest might recover.

You were healed 6 hp, that'll be $12
Aldous Hack
 player, 98 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 23:48
The Mug and Cauldron
"Gratias, Pater."  Aldous wiggles his feet.  "That's a tremendous improvement.  Too bad about my new shoes, though.  Maybe when I get paid I can see if the shoemaker can patch them up.  Still better than barefoot, where we're going."

Aldous counts out a stack of coppers for the Father, and kneels once more, this time before the altar, and crosses himself before taking his leave, now carrying the crutch rather than leaning on it.

"You know, Porter, my mother used to keep house for the Father before she died.  I'd be more at home in the rectory than anywhere else in Northport."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 68 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 06:59
The Mug and Cauldron
It is with a satisfied smile that Porter begins his exit with Aldous, now walking side by side rather than helping the young man hobble along.  He listens to the young thief tell how he spent a good deal of his youth in the church.  Ahhh, one of life's little ironies.

As he feels in the mood to share Porter opens up.  ”Sorry about your mother.  How'd she die?  My mother never cared much for the church. “



OOC: Ready to go back to the M & C.

Aldous Hack
 player, 99 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 10:05
The Mug and Cauldron
"She died of a fever when I was twelve.  I was too old for the orphanage to take me, and the Father's new housekeeper had five brats, so I was out on the streets.  Not to say I haven't slept in the confessional once or twice."
Narrator
 GM, 7437 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 22:27
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 538):

Along the way, you encounter an angry looking man who presses a woodcut printed pamphlet into your hands. He has an armband with a red blood drop.
Aldous Hack
 player, 100 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 23:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous looks over the pamphlet, but decides it's probably best to wait until he can sit to try to puzzle it out.

"I wonder what his problem is?  Last time I saw anyone that angry looking was when the orc juggers were smashing up the Artisan district."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 69 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 17:00
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher is tickled by the outcome at the church.  Looks like Aldous will be back on his feet in no time, literally.  But then they stumble into the angry man and it takes the edge off his good mood.

Porter stares at the arm band as he glances over the pamphlet.



OOC:
Read the pamphlet.  Do I recognize the insignia of the arm band?

Narrator
 GM, 7440 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:22
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 541):

Make an IQ-2 roll for default heraldry.
You might have seen something like it before.

You have reached the Mug and Cauldron's yard. The others have been busy hauling out rats.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 80 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 03:45
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven spots the pair.
"All healed, then?"
Aine Walsh
 player, 26 posts
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 11:37
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 543):

Aine has recovered yet?
Aldous Hack
 player, 101 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 12:54
The Mug and Cauldron
"Well enough to walk, and work, at least."

Aldous goes inside and right down the stairs to join in what's left of the cleanup and get a look around the cellar now that things are calm enough to do so.
Narrator
 GM, 7444 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 18:38
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 545):

The well lit basement still has piles of crud in the corners, but you can see the floorboards now. There are a couple of doors. Some rotting barrels and a set of bronze gates.
Aine Walsh
 player, 27 posts
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 19:55
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 546):

And Aine?
Thorg
 player, 56 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 20:11
The Mug and Cauldron
We need to clear the rotten barrels out too, may be what's drawing the rats.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 81 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 20:42
The Mug and Cauldron
"I agree."
Nana Yurick
 player, 43 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 20:43
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'll sweep the crud out of the corners, and get it tidy."
Narrator
 GM, 7445 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:03
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 550):

Some vision rolls are in order for Nana , Sven, and Thorg.
Thorg
 player, 57 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:12
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg looks around...
Nana Yurick
 player, 44 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:18
The Mug and Cauldron
16:17, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  perception ~ 11.

16:17, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  perception ~ 13.

both siblings spot something..
Aldous Hack
 player, 102 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 23:17
The Mug and Cauldron
"Barrels?  We should probably check what's in them, in case they burst while we're hauling them up the stairs."
Narrator
 GM, 7449 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 21:44
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 554):

Nana, heading to sweep out the corners spots significant woodrot in the flooring that is wet.

Checking the rotting barrels, you notice one seems nailed to the floor. It seems to be in better shape than the others.
Thorg
 player, 58 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 22:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Odd, maybe a trap door?  He looks for any marks where it has been slid back

This message was last edited by the player at 22:48, Mon 24 Feb.

Nana Yurick
 player, 45 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:24
The Mug and Cauldron
"The flooring will have to be redone over here.. it's all rotted out. We need a carpenter, that's for sure."
Nana sweeps, and steps around the wet, and rot.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 82 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Svendegard investigates the barrel, with Thorg.
"Or maybe a switch, for a hidden chamber?"
"Lets try and turn, or push down on it."
He grips the barrel, preparing to try.
Aldous Hack
 player, 103 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:44
The Mug and Cauldron
"Wait, Sven -- better lemme look around it first.  Ain't normal for a barrel to be nailed down, 'n never know what it might be for.  I've seen stuff out of place like that turn out to drop things on your head, or shoot darts."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 83 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:47
The Mug and Cauldron
"Nyahhh!"
Sven lets go of the barrel, and jumps back.
Nana Yurick
 player, 46 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:56
The Mug and Cauldron
"Careful, ya big schlimazel, you'se!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:16, Thu 05 Mar.

Aldous Hack
 player, 104 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 09:56
The Mug and Cauldron
"Just lemme get a good look over."  Aldous examines the barrel and surrounding floor, including the area where one would have to stand to try to move the barrel, looking for trips, plates, and such.
Aine Walsh
 player, 28 posts
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 11:23
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 562):

Sine awake and recovered yet?
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 70 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 17:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Something clicks inside Porters head when he glances at the arm band.  He's pretty sure he's seen it before.



OOC:
Head down into the basement.  Help the general clean up.  Fisher will move to the nailed barrel as that is the most interesting thing present, but for now he'll let others deal with it.

Narrator
 GM, 7461 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 03:46
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 564):

As you head down the steps it hits you, the blood drop on white is the symbol of a gang of bullies who call themselves purists.

The lid of the barrel looks like it might come off, and it is hollow, but not quite like an empty barrel.
Aine Walsh
 player, 29 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 03:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 565):

Still sleeping?
Aldous Hack
 player, 105 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 10:20
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay, look here, Sven.  The head moves.  In a proper barrel it would be tight.  I think this entire barrel is a sham, built to look like a barrel but conceal something inside."

Aldous begins manipulating the head, trying to release it so it will lift off.
Narrator
 GM, 7468 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 567):

The leprechaun is awake.

The barrel lid lifts easily. Within is a lever that looks like it might reach back to the wall.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 84 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:30
The Mug and Cauldron
Peering inside the barrel....
"Hey! It does look like a switch."
Thorg
 player, 59 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Careful, but might open the metal gate.
Nana Yurick
 player, 47 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:41
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's check out these other doors, before we go pulling hidden levers."
Nana pipes up, continuing to sweep.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 71 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 19:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Fishers mouth moves into a little 'o' as he utters a soft “oooooooooo”.



OOC:
Shield is on left arm.  Sword is sheathed.  Act in a supporting role.  Follow behind the others as they investigate.

Porter would have laid the pamphlet on the bar and mention they ran into Purists in the streets.

Nana Yurick
 player, 48 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 20:06
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC: is porter being portrayed as an oaf? (9-8 IQ) asking for a friend. So far he seems like kinda a goober. xD
Narrator
 GM, 7470 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 21:12
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 571):

The barrel/lever is about 20 yards from the metal gate, on the diagonally oposite wall
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 72 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 22:48
The Mug and Cauldron

OOC:
Porter tries to hide it but yes, he is below average IQ.

Aine Walsh
 player, 30 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 23:56
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 575):

Aine will move to catch up with the others, looking around as she does so, to gather information about her surrounding area.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:56, Mon 02 Mar.

Aldous Hack
 player, 106 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:36
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's see -- the lever goes into that side, moves this way, so the pushrod has to run either there, or there."  Aldous points to the likely routes for the lever's action as he puzzles out what the lever is likely to operate.
Narrator
 GM, 7483 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 15:01
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 577):

The barrel is near a corner, so one of the walls directly behind the barrel are likely to be affected.

There is a door opposite and to the right of the barrel area, at the far end of the long wall that has a gate... around the bend from the barrels and opposite the gate is a long unused fireplace that is nevertheless slightly warm.
Sparky
 player, 52 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 17:12
The Mug and Cauldron
So walls in this corner would adjoin the shop next door (Bakery?) and the street?
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 85 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 17:58
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's go see what's what's behind those doors over there."
Sven points.
Nana Yurick
 player, 49 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 18:03
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana sweeps a mound of dung and debris onto the tarp, from the corners.
She stops, surveying her work nodding.
"This will be great, once we clean, and fix it all up!"
Aldous Hack
 player, 107 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:40
The Mug and Cauldron
"Which doors, Sven?"  Aldous turns from his concentration on the lever mechanism, looks around to orient.  "The bakery is that way," he points, "so this way would go under the street."  He points again, at a right angle.  "There's a gate like that one under the Guild hall.  The one there leads into the undercity."

OOC: Absolute direction, so the pointing will be accurate.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 86 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:23
The Mug and Cauldron
"There, across from us."
Sven points.
"And there, off to the right, is another door."
Aine Walsh
 player, 31 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:58
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 583):

"This warm hearth did not worry anyone?" she asks, going to inspect it.
Nana Yurick
 player, 50 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 02:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sometimes old fireplaces, become aspected. At least that's what mother says... Perhaps it's been so well used in days past, it's become such?"
Aine Walsh
 player, 32 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 04:04
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 585):

"Is that even safe? A connection to the elemental plane of fire?"
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 73 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 19:33
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher blinks a few times while saying nothing as it seems he has trouble following the small leprechauns logic.  Then as an alternative he suggests dispassionately, ”Maybe the rats were huddled up together in there.  You know, to stay warm.”
Narrator
 GM, 7489 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 22:10
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 587):

IQ+3 roll for whoever went next door
Sparky
 player, 53 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 03:41
The Mug and Cauldron
Is the baker's fire on the other side of this fireplace?
Nana Yurick
 player, 51 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 03:51
The Mug and Cauldron
22:50, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 15 using 3d6.  IQ ~ 13+3.
She snaps her fingers.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:00, Fri 06 Mar.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 87 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 04:59
The Mug and Cauldron
23:57, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 15 using 3d6.  IQ ~ 11+3.
Sven scratches his chin, thinking...
Narrator
 GM, 7495 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:25
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 589):

The wall with the fireplace abuts on the baker's shop. This fireplace must share a flue with both the baker's oven, and the kitchen fireplace above.
Nana Yurick
 player, 52 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"The baker's oven, and the kitchen stove,  must be connected. Let's see what's behind the door."
OOC my bad. fixed

This message was last edited by the player at 04:08, Sun 08 Mar.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 88 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 02:19
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 587):
"Porter's right. Looks like it was the perfect spot for 'em, too."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:06, Sun 08 Mar.

Narrator
 GM, 7500 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:03
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 594):

which rooms? there is a foor on the other side of the inverse "L" from here (the hearth is at the tip of the long part of the L. a door is at the tip of theshort part of the L, the barrels are along the short bar

***gate***________________________________
                                          door

                                barrels





  hearth
Aine Walsh
 player, 33 posts
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 05:28
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 593):

"Ah, then that makes sense. Sure. Open the way..."

She readies herself, on a barrel if possible.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 74 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 18:39
The Mug and Cauldron
”I am?”  Fisher asks curiously as Sven responds to his comment.



OOC:
Porter will follow behind the crowd as they explore.  Shield on left arm.  Right hand is empty.

Thorg
 player, 60 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 22:14
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 597):

Get a stick or something man!
Aine Walsh
 player, 34 posts
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 06:54
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 598):

Aine mutters a few words, and a ball of ice appears in her hand.

"What is it?" She asks, concerned, holding her tiny staff with the glowing gem inside forward for a better view.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:08, Tue 10 Mar.

Aldous Hack
 player, 108 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 08:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous looks around at everyone preparing for action.

"Did someone see more rats?"  He draws his knife and raises his lantern.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 75 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 16:36
The Mug and Cauldron
Porters face does a funny turn as he finally understands that Thorg is speaking to him and what it's about.   The mercenary simply points to his hip.



OOC:
Black is pointing to his broadsword sheathed at his belt.

Thorg
 player, 61 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 17:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Oh, sorry, didn't think you were armed...   Thorg has his spear and shield ready
Nana Yurick
 player, 53 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 00:04
The Mug and Cauldron
The siblings almost simultaneously draw their weapons.
Narrator
 GM, 7516 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 23:27
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 603):

Are you heading for the door (5 yards away from the barrels) the gate (16 yards from the barrels) or pulling the lever by the barrels?
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 89 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 01:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven and Nana are headed towards the near door.
Nana Yurick
 player, 54 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 01:50
The Mug and Cauldron
"Careful, ya big goon. Let the lock and trapsman check it out."
Nana says, tugging on her brother's arm.
Aldous Hack
 player, 109 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 09:06
The Mug and Cauldron
At Nana's cue, Aldous moves over to the door and checks whether it's locked.  He also checks it over for traps.
Narrator
 GM, 7524 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 13:54
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 607):

The door is trap free.it isn't locked xss but looks stuck.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 90 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 14:10
The Mug and Cauldron
10:09, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 5 using 3d6.  forced entry ~ 13.
"I'll get it open!"
Sven, forces the door open.
Aldous Hack
 player, 110 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 21:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Anldous stands near, but clear of Sven's efforts, to shine his lantern into the opening as soon as the door opens enough to see.
Aine Walsh
 player, 35 posts
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 22:04
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 610):

Aine, with her very bright light gem illuminating the area, looks around.

(Continual Light, Daylight, was cast on her gem in her staff in case anyone forgot).
Narrator
 GM, 7537 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 22:41
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 611):

You can see a short corridor that turns to the right. The floors are covered with rat droppings, and you can hear squeaking.
Aine Walsh
 player, 36 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 06:53
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 612):

How wide is the corridor?
Aldous Hack
 player, 111 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 09:11
The Mug and Cauldron
"More rats!  Close the door!"
Narrator
 GM, 7540 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 12:36
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 614):

***having reviewed my map****
You have gone through the door at the top right of the map.
There is another door behind the staircase, on the wall between it and the warm hearth that is against the shared wall with the bakery.

The door you opened  is on one side of a three yard wife corridor that turns right into one two yards wide.
 To the left is one of those bronze gates.
 Straight accross is a bricked over archway
 To the right, about three yards away, the narrow corridor ends in a door.

The space, which is barrel vaulted, looks to be about where the wagon gate in the yard would be above
Aine Walsh
 player, 37 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:45
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 615):

And squeaking coming from?
Narrator
 GM, 7543 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 20:43
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 616):

The gate, and below the next door
Aldous Hack
 player, 112 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:10
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sven, Nana, wi' th' bakery behin' the hearth wall, who lives past that door there?"  He points to the door ahead.  "It looks t' be under the street.  Or is the bakery wide enough for that to go into their basement?"
Sparky
 player, 54 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Perhaps joins an underground street under the one above?
Aine Walsh
 player, 38 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 06:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 619):

"Perhaps so. Shall we see?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 91 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 19:58
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 618):

The siblings look at each other, and shrug.
Narrator
 GM, 7547 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 20:20
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 621):

In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 620):

Peering through the gate, you can make out a wide corridor (4 yards) with gutters on either side,  and a matching gate opposite the gate you are looking through.

The door behind you has some cracks between the vertical boards, and is not flush with the flagstones.

The bricked over archway has some chinks as well.
Aldous Hack
 player, 113 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 21:42
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous holds his light higher while waving parallel to the passage behind the gates.  "I don' think the streets are allas above the passages down here.  Tha' door looks like it oughtta run under the street, but I think the main way down here's behin' those bronze gates."  He takes a couple steps toward the rather porous wooden door.

"Let's explore this way first.  I trust those gates behind us more than a rickety old wood door, and I think the other door, behind the stairs, goes into the baker's basement."
Aine Walsh
 player, 39 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 06:30
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 623):

Which way is the squeaking coming from?
Narrator
 GM, 7551 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 17:31
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 623):

The door near the hearth runs parallel to the baker's place, this door heads in that general direction, but right now you are probably under the stableyard, and the bricked opening would lead under one of the buildings that flanks the yard.  The passage beyond the gate would seem to run under the street.

Squeaking comes from beyond the door, and also beyond the gate.
Aine Walsh
 player, 40 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 19:43
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 625):

"I like the idea of dealing with this squeaking first..."
Aldous Hack
 player, 114 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 21:52
The Mug and Cauldron
"From the sound, ther's plenty o squeaking to go 'round, but tha gate seems less likely ta come down if it gets half a dozen o' the big ones leanin' on it."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 92 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 02:11
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ma told me, Pa told her, the baker's daughter is in the basement, and she's afraid of scratching and moaning sounds. We need to be careful where we break and enter, and make sure things are secure. I couldn't forgive myself if the rats got her, due to our negligence, or carelessness."
Nana Yurick
 player, 55 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 02:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah, she's real sweet. Unfortunately, the rats agree with us, on that."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 76 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 18:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Porter listens and follows the banter carefully.



OOC:
Porter will follow behind the crowd as they explore.  Shield on left arm.  Draw sword once we hear the squeaking sounds.  Porter wants to be near the front but doesnt want to pick the direction the group goes.

Aine Walsh
 player, 41 posts
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 19:49
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 630):

"Well, those who know the area pick where we go. We should go to the most vulnerable entry forst, buy my reckoning, to cover our rears..."
Aldous Hack
 player, 115 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 21:14
The Mug and Cauldron
"Well, tha'd be the door, then.  That bronze gate ain't goin' anywhere, though the little rats won't even notice it."
Narrator
 GM, 7561 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:24
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 632):

The door is stiff and swollen with dry rot.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:48, Sun 22 Mar.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 93 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:41
The Mug and Cauldron
"Brace ye selves. We dunno how many 'r liable to surge outta there, when we open the door. It could be another den of 'em."
Aldous Hack
 player, 116 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 22:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous tries to be unobtrusive as he moves back toward the basement door.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 77 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 18:41
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
My state announced today a mandatory work shut down for non essential workers along with a stay at home order.  I am considered in the essential group and am being offered copious amounts of OT.  I apologize but it will severely limit my ability to post.  Thanks for your patience.


Porter does not want to lead.  He will act as a support tank (fighter and damage soaker).  He will try to stay near the front lines but let others direct where we go and what gets explored next.  Porter has leather armor all over, a thrusting broadsword, a knife and a shield.  Sword and shield are readied.

rat bastid
 player, 39 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 19:33
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 635):

A small swarm of rats flee from the door as you open, and head down the corridor, avoiding a barred door, an round the corner toward the right.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 94 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:44
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's finish 'em off! We got 'em on the run!"
Sven brandishes his back-spiked, boarding axe.
Nana Yurick
 player, 56 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:47
The Mug and Cauldron
"блайт!" *laughs*
Thorg
 player, 62 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 21:47
The Mug and Cauldron
He follows Svendegard with his spear point low and shield up.
Aine Walsh
 player, 42 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 22:33
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 640):

Aine flings her icy sphere at the rats as they run past.
Aldous Hack
 player, 117 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 09:14
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous, now back near the bronze gate, watches behind the group.
rat bastid
 player, 40 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:23
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 642):

A few of the rats are felled by the foul force of flying frost, and the rest seem backed up around the door at the end of the L shaped corridor.

The barred door rattles
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 95 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:47
The Mug and Cauldron
14:44, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5.

14:42, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13.

Sven sweeps in a low, arc!
"Yyyyahhhhh! Ha-Ha! Die, vermin!"
Thorg
 player, 63 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:25
The Mug and Cauldron
He picks out a big rat and stabs
Nana Yurick
 player, 57 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:29
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana stays back, out of the melee. She's trying to ascertain what could be rattling, and she suspects the rats were perhaps fleeing something, nobody else has seen yet...
"They were sure in a hurry! Is there something worse down here with us?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:30, Fri 27 Mar.

Aine Walsh
 player, 43 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 646):

Aine will approach the rats, before creating fire on them!
Aldous Hack
 player, 118 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 00:38
The Mug and Cauldron
"I've heard of all sorts of worse things down here!"  Aldous turns from the gate.  "Dragons, and worms, and walking dead, and God only knows what else."
Narrator
 GM, 7593 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 18:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 648):

You collectively clear two swarms worth of rats before they can get under the door.

Meanwhile, the barred door slams again, and the bar begins to splinter!
Aine Walsh
 player, 44 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 19:17
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 649):

Is there a clear cause of the door slamming?
Aldous Hack
 player, 119 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 22:01
The Mug and Cauldron
"That's what the rats were running from!"  Aldous points at the barred door.  "Whatever it is, it's coming!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 96 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 22:26
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's get in position, and get it, while it's struggling through the wreckage!"
Sven steps off to the side, his bloody axe, upraised.
Thorg
 player, 64 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 22:47
The Mug and Cauldron
He braces his spear with both hands, his shield over his left forearm as protection.
Aine Walsh
 player, 45 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 01:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 651):

Having roasted some rats, Aine then proceeded to create a ball of ice in preparation for what was to come... moving away from the door in question...
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 78 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 16:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Bravely Black grunts and nods at Sven's words.


OOC:
Strategy is unchanged.  Sword and shield are readied.  Porter will attempt to be in the front lines and be one of the main tanks.  His aim is to chop down whatever comes through the door and not let it get past him.

Nana Yurick
 player, 58 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 20:28
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana stays back out of the way. She narrows her eyes, as the bar splinters.
Aldous Hack
 player, 120 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Left hand still holding his lantern high, Aldous sheathes his large knife, and draws one of the smaller ones from the back of his belt, turning it so he grasps the blade with the grip standing up from his fist.  That done, he cocks his arm back and waits for a target.
Walking corpse
 NPC, 23 posts
 Shambling and withered
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 657):

The bar shatters, and the door (through which Aine could not see) swings open, spilling four ragged and dessicated dead creatures!
 The flesh of their hands stripped down until the bony tips of their fingers protrude.  a dry moaning sound comes from their throats.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 97 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:27
The Mug and Cauldron
11:24, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5 .

11:23, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 5 using 3d6.  Targeted Attack (head) ~ 13 or less.

Sven cleaves solidly, into the skull, of one of the undead.
"Haaa!!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 15:31, Wed 01 Apr.

Nana Yurick
 player, 59 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:30
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana cheers!
"Get him,yeah!"
Thorg
 player, 65 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:12
The Mug and Cauldron
He makes a determined effort to put the spear point in the chest of that one coming his way...
Sparky
 player, 55 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:18
The Mug and Cauldron
He starts casting ...
Walking corpse
 NPC, 24 posts
 Shambling and withered
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:28
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 659):

Sven's cleave takes off the top of its head, but it still staggers about, albeit somewhat confused.

The second one stumbles onto Throg's spear, but it seems to barely notice that it has a spear stuck through its rib cage!

flames start to erupt from the next one, as it pushes through the other two.
The fourth stumbles toward the door the rats were at, and slowly turns back toward you.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 13:33, Thu 02 Apr.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 98 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 21:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven launches a powerful kick, intending to knock back, or topple the nearest one, as he raises his axe, for another blow!
17:43, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 6 using 1d6+3.  brawling kick, 1d6+3, crushing.

17:42, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  Brawling ~ 13 (kicking, -2, 11 or less).

This message was lightly edited by the player at 21:47, Wed 01 Apr.

Thorg
 player, 66 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:08
The Mug and Cauldron
He is a bit confused by this thing ignoring his spear in it's chest, He backs up a step. yanks his spear out and thrusts again, again making a determined attack at it's head
Aldous Hack
 player, 121 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Before he can make his throw, Aldous sees Sven chop of part of one's head, and another almost not react to a spear in it's chest, and changes his mind.

He sheaths the small knife and draws the large one again.
Walking corpse
 NPC, 25 posts
 Shambling and withered
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 13:47
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 665):

Sven kicks the one with the head injury, knocking it back against the wall with a loud crack, and it slouches to the ground.

Throg's spear thrust to the head is more effective than his thrust to the chest, and it staggers back.
 Apparently, impaling weapons don't work very well on the undead!

The flanking zed approaches Sven from the side, and the last one, on fire, stumbles forward toward Aldous!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 99 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 14:43
The Mug and Cauldron
10:41, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5.

10:40, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  Targeted Attack (head) ~ 13 or less.

Sven deals this fellow more of the same, bringing his axe down upon the undead's skull!
"Haaaaaaa!"
Walking corpse
 NPC, 26 posts
 Shambling and withered
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 21:34
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 668):

The creature is staggered, but not only is it still standing, but it pu ches him in the chest for 6 points!
The burning one is close enough to swing at Aldous!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 100 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 21:49
The Mug and Cauldron
17:46, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 3d6.  parry judo ~ 11 or less.
With his free hand Sven intercepts the haymaker, grasping the undead by it's bony wrist.
(initiating throw, on next turn)
Nana Yurick
 player, 60 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 22:30
The Mug and Cauldron
18:27, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  DX, (avoid falling) 13 or less.

18:26, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 15 using 3d6.  Brawling ~ 13 (kicking, -2, 11 or less).

Nana, comes to Aldous's aide.
She kicks, and misses, but manages not to fall down.
Aine Walsh
 player, 46 posts
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 00:15
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 671):

Aine throws her Icy sphere at it...
Aldous Hack
 player, 122 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 09:08
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous slashes at the burning walker, while backing away if there's room.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 101 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 18:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 670):

14:08, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 10 using 3d6.  judo throw ~ 13.
Catching and using the blow's own momentum, against the undead, Sven seized, and heaved the walking corpse, into the others!
"Back to the graves, with ye!"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:15, Sat 04 Apr.

Nana Yurick
 player, 61 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 18:17
The Mug and Cauldron
"Gee Sven, you're really giving them what for! Wow...!"
Nana ducks out of the melee, running for the stairs.
"I'm gonna tell Mama and Papa! This is serious!"
Walking corpse
 NPC, 27 posts
 Shambling and withered
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 23:07
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 675):

The dead thing confronting Throg is barely holding together

The one that Sven is wrestling with is surprised by an ice ball to the chest.

The burning one has just been gutted by Aldous, but is still advancing.
Thorg
 player, 67 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 02:35
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg is baffled by this thing as well as disgusted ... he pulls the spear back and thrusts again.
Sparky
 player, 56 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 02:40
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky casts again, and a jet of flame leaps from his fingers, slicing through the closest undead top to crotch.
Aine Walsh
 player, 47 posts
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 09:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 678):

Aine creates another Ice sphere and throws it at the nearest thing that is dead, but still moving...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 102 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:15
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:Did i knock all the undead down, so they can't attack for a few turns? i just chucked one of 'em, into the others.
Sven dealt a powerful head blow!
"Die!"
07:13, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5 .

07:13, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 10 using 3d6.  Targeted Attack (head) ~ 13 or less.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:15, Sat 04 Apr.

Aldous Hack
 player, 123 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:56
The Mug and Cauldron
Still retreating, Aldous slashes at the walking corpse again.

"Forty years down here, and you can't just lie down and be dead!?"
Nana Yurick
 player, 62 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 15:18
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana rushes up the stairs.
"There's undead in the basement! We seem to have it under control, but be ready."
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 59 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 07:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"The baker's daughter was right, to fear."
He relays the info to his wife, in their language.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:19, Sun 05 Apr.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 33 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 14:22
The Mug and Cauldron
"как ужасно! Я не успокоюсь, пока они не будут уничтожены! как можно спать, зная, что эти вещи ниже нас?"
Hetilda gives an impassioned reply, amid much hand movement.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:56, Sun 12 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 7637 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 21:15
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 681):

Throg's third stab does the job and drops the dead to the ground.

Sven cleaves through the skull of the dead thing, and the body falls, while the top of the head, resting on his blade blinks a few times.

The blast of flame, the ice ball, and the knife slash takes out the last one.

Things learned:
Undead don't take a lot of damage from being stabbed, and headshots are particularly effective.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 103 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 06:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's see what's beyond, and if there are any more of them!"
Sven cries. The heat of battle, still upon him.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 06:58, Fri 10 Apr.

Nana Yurick
 player, 63 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 07:00
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hey! Wait for me!"
Nana rushes back down to the group, leaving her parents in the bar.
Aldous Hack
 player, 124 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 09:09
The Mug and Cauldron
"Whoa, calm down, big fella!

"Anyone hurt?"
  Aldous looks around the group, checking for wounded.
Thorg
 player, 68 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 18:32
The Mug and Cauldron
No, but my spear is not as lethal as with living things, I must be careful in the future.
Aldous Hack
 player, 125 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 00:43
The Mug and Cauldron
"Can you use it like a quarterstaff?  Or swing it like one of those Sahudese things, naggy knotty?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 104 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 02:31
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven takes a breath, and shakes off his axe.
Nana Yurick
 player, 64 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 04:46
The Mug and Cauldron
Rejoining the group,
Nana nudges the corpses with her boot.
"Ick. 40 years? I wonder what's preserved them so long?"
Narrator
 GM, 7646 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 16:55
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 692):

The bodies are more leathery than damp.
The small room behind them is full of gouges in the wall, thick flaky dust and some rags are on the floor, likely the trousers that fell off as their hips narrowed...
Something glitters on the ground.
Thorg
 player, 69 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 21:47
The Mug and Cauldron
He nudges what ever is shiny on the ground with his spear tip.
Aldous Hack
 player, 126 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 23:20
The Mug and Cauldron
"Father Robards said sometimes, if someone ain't buried proper when they die, their spirit won't go to rest like it should.  That's where you get ghosts, an' walkers like these, an' a few other kinds a undead.

"Most a the ones around now are left from the plague, 'bout forty years ago.  Folks dyin' too fast to get 'em all buried."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 105 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 03:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven kneels and retrieves the shiny object, holding it into the light.
"What have we here?"
Aine Walsh
 player, 48 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 23:26
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 696):

Aine says little, but brings her light over to look at the space the things we're in. She is surprised they have any flesh at all...
Nana Yurick
 player, 65 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 00:40
The Mug and Cauldron
"Lemme see! Lemme see!"
Nana crowds her brother.
Narrator
 GM, 7654 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 13:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 698):

There is a silver bracelet set with amber, and rags, and a lot of dried skin.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 106 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 16:45
The Mug and Cauldron
"Cleaned up,and given a polish...This might fetch a decent price."

Aldous Hack
 player, 127 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 21:43
The Mug and Cauldron
"Oh, nice!  Amber's fun, you c'n make it crackle if ya rub it with fur."
Nana Yurick
 player, 66 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 23:16
The Mug and Cauldron
19:12, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  merchant ~ 12 or less.
"Let me see it. Unlike you, I have Mama and Papa's business sense, ya big palooka!"
Nana snatches the bracelet from her brother, appraising it in the light.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 107 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 23:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hmph. Oh yeah? Okay potato peeler..."
Narrator
 GM, 7662 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:34
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 703):

Total value of the bracelet is $403
Nana Yurick
 player, 67 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 17:50
The Mug and Cauldron
"This is worth is good bit, indeed! Over $400, I reckon! We'll give it to Mama and Papa, and they can use it to pay our staff, and make repairs."
Nana puts the bauble in her purse, for safe-keeping.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 108 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 17:56
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven's mild annoyance with his sister melts away, at the news.
"You think there could be more treasure, down here??"
Thorg
 player, 70 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:23
The Mug and Cauldron
Doubt much, but worth raking the floor to see.
Nana Yurick
 player, 68 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:49
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana begins sweeping through the layers with her broom, with new enthusiasm!
Narrator
 GM, 7667 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 20:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 708):

Not much else is in this broom closet/burisl chamber except claw marks on the walls, and a few embedded fingernails.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 109 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 21:29
The Mug and Cauldron
"I guess we go through the gate now, if we've checked everywhere else..."
Aine Walsh
 player, 49 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 11:11
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 710):

"We are sharing loot, right? We better be..." says with some annoyance.
Nana Yurick
 player, 69 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 15:25
The Mug and Cauldron
"Of course we are! We'll divvy up, or liquidate all treasure found. You're practically Yuricks now...!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 110 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 15:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"Practically. You all share our secret, so we're all in this together, and we'll reap the rewards together. Alright?"
Sven smiles down at the leprechaun.
Aine Walsh
 player, 50 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 23:40
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 713):

"Great then! Lets find some more!"

Her demeanor clears up pretty much instantly.

"I just realized we had not discussed it. Where next?"
Aldous Hack
 player, 128 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 11:01
The Mug and Cauldron
"Is that th' only way out this direction?  There's 'nother door in the cellar, isn't there, an' then the two bronze gates, I think they go th' same place.

"'Druther check th'other door first, 's less likely t' be hard t' reclose."

Narrator
 GM, 7678 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 20:24
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 715):

There is a door past this one that looks like it may eventually lead back to the hearth, the bronze gate from the back of this hall, the one from thr basement,  and there is that lever...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 111 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:16
The Mug and Cauldron
"The other door, and that lever... maybe it opens the gate?"
Aldous Hack
 player, 129 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"I doubt tha' lever's long enough ta lift one a those gates, but it might unlock one."
Nana Yurick
 player, 70 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 22:09
The Mug and Cauldron
"One way to find out!"
Thorg
 player, 71 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 02:18
The Mug and Cauldron
Let's deal with the doors before we start opening those gates.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 112 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 02:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"I agree. Let's check it out."
Narrator
 GM, 7682 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 18:32
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 721):

There is a stiff door at the end of the hall. beyond it is probably a fair sized room that would fall where the other door to the cellar was. This door is not barred, but looks to be swollen in its frame.
Sparky
 player, 57 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 19:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Would seem to be very damp, if not just wet on the other side to swell the door like this.
Aldous Hack
 player, 130 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 23:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"Unless someone had a broom closet down here, the other door from the cellar probably opens into the same room this one does.  Let's check if that one is in better shape."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 113 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 23:54
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven tries the door, and if it doesn't open, he'll force it.
Narrator
 GM, 7687 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:42
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 725):

The area in general is fairly damp. The door is just stiff.
Thorg
 player, 72 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 19:51
The Mug and Cauldron
He is on guard as Sven opens the door
Aldous Hack
 player, 131 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 23:56
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous raises his lantern in one hand, and his knife in the other.
Aine Walsh
 player, 51 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 03:40
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 728):

Aine creates another Icy Sphere just in case, holding her lit staff in one hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:41, Thu 23 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 7692 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 18:02
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 729):

Rats scurry away as you push into the room. Rotten crates line the walls, partially collapsed into one another. There is a door to the right.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 114 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 19:15
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven gives the party a look, then tries this door...
Nana Yurick
 player, 71 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 19:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana inspects the crates, a bit gingerly.
Aine Walsh
 player, 52 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 20:12
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 732):

Aine looks for something to kill with her icy ball....
Thorg
 player, 73 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 21:14
The Mug and Cauldron
He stays on guard, unsure of what may appear.


OOC -Totally turned around, no clue as to where we are ...
Aldous Hack
 player, 132 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 21:46
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous follows Sven and Nana into the room with the rotting crates, lantern held high.
Narrator
 GM, 7706 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 17:10
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 731):

This door leads back into the main cellar.

A search roll, or per with extra time taken, will reveal whatvis in the crates, aside from a number of rat's nests... and a swarms worth of rats!

Thorg feels like he is walking in circles because he just has!
Aine Walsh
 player, 54 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 20:01
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 736):

So we have dealt with this swarm, or we need to deal with it before we search?
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 115 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 22:26
The Mug and Cauldron
18:16, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  scrounging ~ 11.
Axe held high, Sven stands near his sister, poking through the creates...
"Look out!, We've disturbed another nest!"
18:19, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5 .

18:19, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 13 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13.

Sven lays into the swarm, with his axe!
Nana Yurick
 player, 72 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 22:30
The Mug and Cauldron
18:18, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  search ~ (default iq-5, 8 or less..).
"Cyka blyyyat!!"
18:21, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 5 using 1d6+1.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5 .

18:21, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 4 using 3d6.  knife ~ 14.

Nana curses in her native tongue, following up with some impressive knife-work! (critted)
Aine Walsh
 player, 55 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 07:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 739):

Aine throws her icy sphere at the nearest Ines...
Aldous Hack
 player, 134 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 13:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous dances back from the rats.

"We need a way to kill all the rats in an area at once!"
Aine Walsh
 player, 56 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 04:47
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 741):

"I can use fire, but it might destroy whatever is in the crates..."
Aldous Hack
 player, 135 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 13:38
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous sheathes his large knife and draws one of the small ones, holding it by the blade in a throwing grip.

"Not just the crates, if they catch we might burn down the whole block!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 116 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"No fire! We seem to be doin' just fine, doin' the old fashioned way!"
Sven says, as he hacks into them!

This message was last edited by the player at 21:32, Wed 29 Apr.

Aldous Hack
 player, 136 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 23:11
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sure, except for my feet and ankles."

Aldous cocks his right arm back and launches a knife at a chosen member of the swarm, then reaches to the back of his belt to draw another.
Nana Yurick
 player, 73 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 00:30
The Mug and Cauldron
Hehe..Hey! Why don't we skin the big rats, and make him a good pair of boots? Waste not, want not!"
Nana says, as she lays into them (critting, in the process)
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 117 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 00:30
The Mug and Cauldron
*guffaws*
Aine Walsh
 player, 57 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 06:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 747):

"Rat boots? Eeew."

She creates another icy sphere.
Aldous Hack
 player, 138 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 11:20
The Mug and Cauldron
"I don' see as it's any worse 'n boots from a cow, a horse, or a pig.  Don't think rat skin 'll wear. though -- too thin."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:29, Thu 30 Apr.

Aine Walsh
 player, 58 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 11:26
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 749):

"Rats carry so many more diseases than the other animals..."

She says as she flings her sphere at the nearest rats, falling back a bit further.
Thorg
 player, 74 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg also joins in, in killing rats
Narrator
 GM, 7719 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 1 May 2020
at 18:18
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 751):

Between you, you erradicate the rats.
There is a metallic sound when Throg stabs into the mess.
Thorg
 player, 75 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 1 May 2020
at 20:03
The Mug and Cauldron
When the rats are dead, he will begin to tap the floor with his spear around where he heard the metallic sound.
Aldous Hack
 player, 139 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 2 May 2020
at 11:09
The Mug and Cauldron
After retrieving the knife he threw, Aldous joins Thorg in searching for the source of the sound, holding his lantern close to better see anything glinting.

OOC: is this room under the street, the stable, or??
Aine Walsh
 player, 59 posts
Sat 2 May 2020
at 12:26
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 754):

Aine likewise begins search by the light of her staff...
Nana Yurick
 player, 74 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 2 May 2020
at 15:58
The Mug and Cauldron
11:57, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  perception ~ 13.
"What the hell was that?"
Narrator
 GM, 7727 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 3 May 2020
at 20:00
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 756):

This room is probably under the kitchen.

Poking around, tou find a metal box that rattles.
Aine Walsh
 player, 60 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 20:26
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 757):

"Ooh, is it locked? What is inside?"
Thorg
 player, 76 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 3 May 2020
at 20:33
The Mug and Cauldron
He frees it from the ground with his spear tip and knocks any dirt off of it, looking it over.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 118 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 3 May 2020
at 22:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's see what's inside.."
Sven tries to open it...
Narrator
 GM, 7732 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 May 2020
at 18:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 760):

The metal box, a bit rusty, has a lock built into it.
Sparky
 player, 58 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Mon 4 May 2020
at 20:30
The Mug and Cauldron
Here, let me see it ...  He fiddles with it for a few moments as he casts something.
Aldous Hack
 player, 140 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 4 May 2020
at 22:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"If that don't work, I c'n give a try.  I got some 'sperience w' locks."
Aine Walsh
 player, 61 posts
Tue 5 May 2020
at 01:58
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 763):

"Or I can try a magic trick..."

She will do so if given the box...
Nana Yurick
 player, 75 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 5 May 2020
at 02:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Both siblings eagerly look on, as the others try to open the box...
Narrator
 GM, 7736 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 May 2020
at 17:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 765):

Collectively, and you are not sure if it was Sparky's knife or Adolus rattling the box, or the leprechaun burning more mana, but the box springs open, scattering a mix of copper and silver coin.
Sparky
 player, 59 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 6 May 2020
at 22:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Very Nice, and the box may be worth something too.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 119 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 7 May 2020
at 10:48
The Mug and Cauldron
The siblings smile, nodding at each other.
Aldous Hack
 player, 141 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 7 May 2020
at 11:52
The Mug and Cauldron
"Nice!  Yep, box like that's worth a few coin even empty.  More if ya got th' key, a'course, but it's prolly long gone."
Nana Yurick
 player, 76 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 7 May 2020
at 12:49
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana begins scooping the scattered coins up, counting them, as she desposits back into the box, while Sven looks on. "......" *mouthing numerations*
Sparky
 player, 60 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 7 May 2020
at 17:42
The Mug and Cauldron
Could probably get a key made, but the cost may not be worth it.
Aldous Hack
 player, 142 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 May 2020
at 01:14
The Mug and Cauldron
"Gotta have a key, er ya wind up having to break the box 'f it gits locked."
Narrator
 GM, 7746 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:05
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 772):

The box being used and rusty would only go for a silver at best. Within are $89 in copper coins, and $360 in the form of 18 silver
Nana Yurick
 player, 77 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:25
The Mug and Cauldron
"There's a good bit here! Just under $450. C'mon big money! Aldous needs a new pair of shoes!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 120 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:26
The Mug and Cauldron
*guffaws*
Aldous Hack
 player, 143 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 May 2020
at 20:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous snickers as well.  "Yep, I do.  Maybe next trip I'll get some heavier boots."
Aine Walsh
 player, 62 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 00:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 776):

"So we take this up and share it all out then, with the stuff from the other room?"
Thorg
 player, 77 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 13 May 2020
at 02:28
The Mug and Cauldron
Yup, they hired us, we didn't get finders keepers rights.
Nana Yurick
 player, 78 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana folds her arms.
"Nah!, we're keepin' allllllllllllllllll!"
*cackles*
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 121 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:15
The Mug and Cauldron
"Of course, we'll share it out. The more we find, the bigger each share'll be!
If we happen to find any items of value, we'll share those out too, according to their value, to either be kept, or liquidated."

Sven reasoned, always the foil to Nana's antics.
Nana Yurick
 player, 79 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah! Relax, I was only foolin.'"
Nana laughed.
Aine Walsh
 player, 63 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:54
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 781):

"Then perhaps they can earn their bit by looking after it for us. That way, we don't loose it if we have to run somewhere! Can they use my share to buy some magical scrolls, I wonder?"
Aldous Hack
 player, 144 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 13 May 2020
at 09:10
The Mug and Cauldron
"Scrolls?  Like old style books?  They can put magic in a book?"
Aine Walsh
 player, 65 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 09:25
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 783):

"Yes, yes oh yes they can. It is a wonderful thing, too! And then I can learn it and do new things!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 80 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 13 May 2020
at 11:30
The Mug and Cauldron
"You know, our folks are mages, and could teach you spells, at a discounted price!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 122 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 13 May 2020
at 11:33
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven nods affirmatively.
"Ma's magic is scarier, but I don't like how Pa can get in me head!"
Aine Walsh
 player, 66 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 12:16
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 786):

"Oh? Do they use water or fire magic? They are so much fun to combine..."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 123 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 13 May 2020
at 13:06
The Mug and Cauldron
"She has some water spells, but such as to turn water to strong drink. No fire yet, that I'm aware of. She can throw magic bolts without tiring, and they always hit their mark, even through armor! She can also turn skulls of humanoids, into assassins and guardians for a day."
Aldous Hack
 player, 145 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 13 May 2020
at 22:38
The Mug and Cauldron
"Oh ho!  We orta go back 'n check 'f any a the walker skulls is in good 'nuff shape fer that.  Someone'll need ta clear 'em out anyways, else they'll stink up the place."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:39, Wed 13 May.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 124 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 13 May 2020
at 22:44
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 789):
"Good Idea, though, I spoiled half of 'em with me axe.
Skulls don't grow on trees!"

Aine Walsh
 player, 67 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 23:09
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 790):

"Indeed, good to know, but not exactly the sort of magic I was looking for...but I bet she could know where to buy scrolls then!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 81 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 13 May 2020
at 23:47
The Mug and Cauldron
"Aren't you a guild member? They deal in such merchandise, though I could help you find some other sources, I suppose. I'm pretty savvy, about town."
Aine Walsh
 player, 68 posts
Thu 14 May 2020
at 01:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 792):

"Just the basic membership, but I would not trust them to go buy some scrolls for me...I know where you guys live, and since we work together, you have a vested interest in helping me be more useful."
Narrator
 GM, 7766 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 14 May 2020
at 18:38
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 793):

Are you looking to buy scrolls, or to learn spells? Scrolls require fp unless clerical.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 125 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 14 May 2020
at 21:29
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's get these corpses outta here, and I'll cut the heads, off 'em, that's still got one, and give 'em ta Ma!."
Aine Walsh
 player, 69 posts
Thu 14 May 2020
at 21:48
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 794):

Looking to learn spells, and scrolls provide the best option to learn them when the Cp become available...
Aldous Hack
 player, 147 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 14 May 2020
at 22:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous looks around, seeming to catalog the light sources nearby before extinguishing his lantern and hanging it on his belt.  He moves to grab the ankles of one of the walkers that has little head left, and looks around for help with the other end.

"We gonna need a wash after this, though, or we'll smell like this guy."
Aine Walsh
 player, 70 posts
Thu 14 May 2020
at 23:08
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 797):

"I might be strong for my size, but they are way too big for me to be of much use, sorry."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 126 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 15 May 2020
at 00:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven grabs the other end, by the wrists.
Aldous Hack
 player, 148 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 15 May 2020
at 08:52
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay, who's goin' up th' stairs bass-ackward?"
Aine Walsh
 player, 71 posts
Fri 15 May 2020
at 10:31
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 800):

"I will go up first to make sure the way is clear..."

She quickly darts up the stairs to make sure all the doors are open and there is nothing that could trip them up...
Nana Yurick
 player, 82 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 15 May 2020
at 12:40
The Mug and Cauldron
"Wage-paypers, can be the nay-sayers, in these current affairs."
Nana says tossing her hair, and folding her arms.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:45, Fri 15 May.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 127 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 15 May 2020
at 12:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven grins at his saucy sibling.
"well, that's one way of puttin' it. C'mon, these withered husks, shouldn't be too much troubles.."
Aldous Hack
 player, 149 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 15 May 2020
at 22:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous will follow Sven's lead in carrying the first of the walker corpses through the door, around the corner, and up the stairs.
Aine Walsh
 player, 72 posts
Fri 15 May 2020
at 22:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 804):

Aine looks a Nana with a puzzled look on her face.

"Huh?"
Nana Yurick
 player, 83 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 15 May 2020
at 23:03
The Mug and Cauldron
"You'd had to have been following the exchange between my brother and Aldous, to have gotten my wordplay, dear."
Nana laughs.
She points at the pair taking the stiff upstairs.
Aine Walsh
 player, 73 posts
Fri 15 May 2020
at 23:15
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 806):

"Right."

She holds up her staff to light the stairs, staying out of the way of those ascending.

"Human thing I take it..."
Narrator
 GM, 7780 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 May 2020
at 17:25
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 807):

You get the bodies upstairs. Upon examination, only one head is useable.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 34 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Sat 16 May 2020
at 18:49
The Mug and Cauldron
14:44, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  decay ~ 14.
"Гнить"
Hetty gestures, and casts a spell causing the severed, and withered head, to decay into a bleached, white skull, which she places on a shelf.
Aine Walsh
 player, 74 posts
Sat 16 May 2020
at 21:33
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Hetilda Yurick (msg # 809):

"Right. Now to finish cleaning out down there, and see what we can get paid..."
Nana Yurick
 player, 84 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sun 17 May 2020
at 01:38
The Mug and Cauldron
"You said it, sister."
Aldous Hack
 player, 150 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 17 May 2020
at 10:54
The Mug and Cauldron
"Thing w' cleanin' -- it's safer'n b -- uh, fightin'."
Narrator
 GM, 7786 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 May 2020
at 19:16
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 812):

The celarr, and more rats and droppings await...
Aldous Hack
 player, 151 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 17 May 2020
at 19:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Once the walkers have been hauled up and out, and the one skull prepared (an process which Aldous watches with fascination), Aldous relights his lantern and returns to the cellar for this round of sweeping and shoveling.
Thorg
 player, 78 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 17 May 2020
at 20:59
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg goes with Aldous, somewhat reluctantly as he is getting tired of fighting Rats and such, but he can't let Aldous go alone.
Aine Walsh
 player, 75 posts
Sun 17 May 2020
at 22:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 815):

Aine will go with them. She figures they will need her help...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 128 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 17 May 2020
at 23:22
The Mug and Cauldron
19:18, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  scrounging 11 (extra time,+1) 12 or less.
Working in tandem, Sven scrounges carefully behind Nana, with her broom, being careful both to not kick up foul dust in a confined spot, as much as to allow her brother to spot any more would-be valuables, among the debri...
Narrator
 GM, 7789 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 May 2020
at 18:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 817):

Scrounging lets you find an item you are hunting for... somewhere. Searching a specific area is Search skill, which lets you find hideyholes where stashables could be found if present. You might scrounge the stable ard for an article (tools, leathergoods of dubious quality, bas iui s, rope, unattended food, a forgotten weapon) but sifting through ratshit gor coin doesnt use that skill
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 129 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 18 May 2020
at 19:18
The Mug and Cauldron
"Эй, мама!"
Sven calls up to his mother, upstairs.
Nana Yurick
 player, 85 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 18 May 2020
at 19:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"What are you calling her down here, for?"
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 35 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Mon 18 May 2020
at 19:22
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda appears shortly, grimacing a bit, and wrinkling her nose at the musty, dampness.
"Да, сынок?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 130 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 18 May 2020
at 19:31
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven, looking at his sister replies: "You'll see."
Sven then looks at his mother, and says:
"Мам, ты можешь использовать свою магию, чтобы найти тайные тайники? Ты знаешь заклинание, я имею в виду?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:31, Mon 18 May.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 36 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Mon 18 May 2020
at 19:36
The Mug and Cauldron
15:32, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  see secrets ~ 14 .
"Раскройте все секреты, ко мне!"
Hetty makes a gesture, ringing her fingers 'round her eyes, and then waving them about, as she  works her magic...
Nana Yurick
 player, 86 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 18 May 2020
at 19:39
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hey!, why didn't I think of that?"
She punches her brother, in the shoulder.
"Эй, мама, посмотри, что мы нашли, внизу!"
She says, showing her mom the bauble, and the money box, they found.
Aine Walsh
 player, 76 posts
Mon 18 May 2020
at 21:32
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 824):

Aine just watches this, not really understand the language but getting an idea from what is cast.
Aldous Hack
 player, 152 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 18 May 2020
at 23:09
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous pauses as Hetilda casts.  "Some vision magic?  I can see all the rat shit I need to."  He goes back to sweeping.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 131 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:07
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ma can find hidden caches and stashes, and such with her spells. There's not much we can keep hidden between her and Dad, lemme tell you.." The burly youth, chuckles.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:58, Wed 20 May.

Nana Yurick
 player, 87 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:09
The Mug and Cauldron
"Good thing we're so good, all the time, eh? Right mom?"
She says sarcastically, knowing her mom doesn't speak Aralaise.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 132 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:13
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yup! Fess up 'n face the music!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 88 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:16
The Mug and Cauldron
"With Dad, that's literal... Why one time, he played a jig, while mom punished us with her bolts. You remember the time, we lifted those pies?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 133 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:18
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah, it was 3 years ago.. Don't remind me, again.."
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 60 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:25
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir joins his family down in the cellar, sensing some magic having been cast.
"Took care of those undead, I see. Looks like you've found some swag!"
Aldous Hack
 player, 153 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 19 May 2020
at 22:28
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yep.  Th' folks who died down here had a thing 'r two with 'em at the time."
Narrator
 GM, 7796 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 May 2020
at 17:26
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 833):

Hetty spots a door in the wall behind the barrels. The rest of you cannot see it.
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 37 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Wed 20 May 2020
at 20:35
The Mug and Cauldron
"Я вижу дверь вон там, мальчик-о."
Hetty points to where she detects, and gets a better vantage point, looking about.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 134 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 20 May 2020
at 20:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ma's found a Hidden door, I wonder if the lever opens that. Let's see!"
Aine Walsh
 player, 77 posts
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:32
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 836):

Aine tries the lever...
Aldous Hack
 player, 154 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 20 May 2020
at 22:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Eyes widening as the tiny redhead impulsively pulls the lever, Aldous raises his lantern, drops the broom with a clatter, and draws his large knife.
Nana Yurick
 player, 89 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 21 May 2020
at 10:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana and her brother ready long knife, and boarding axe, respectively.
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 61 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 21 May 2020
at 10:34
The Mug and Cauldron
The couple stand back from the group, and look on.
Thorg
 player, 79 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 21 May 2020
at 18:57
The Mug and Cauldron
He raises his spear tip and lifts his shield into position, looking around.
Narrator
 GM, 7803 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 May 2020
at 19:46
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 841):

There is a clunk sound, and a door opens in the stone wall, releasing dank air and revealing a sone spiral staircase down.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 135 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 22 May 2020
at 20:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"So we have that gate over yonder, and now this, which goes deeper!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 90 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 22 May 2020
at 20:40
The Mug and Cauldron
"Well, as the treasurer, how about we secure this exit, and we divvy up the swag we found. Then, we can take our shares to get better equipped, before we go poking below unprepared. It's getting on in the night, and we have to haul a load to the dump tomorrow too."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Fri 22 May.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 62 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 22 May 2020
at 20:50
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir nods in approval.
"It's no doubt going to be dangerous down there, best to be prepared.
I would suggest, investing in better weapons and some armor."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:50, Fri 22 May.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 38 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 22 May 2020
at 20:54
The Mug and Cauldron
Hetilda takes her son by the ear, and pulls him back away from the stairway.
"Я так не думаю, мальчик-о"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 136 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 22 May 2020
at 20:55
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ma!"
Aine Walsh
 player, 78 posts
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:31
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 847):

Aine give the lever another yank, pulling back to it's original position...
Nana Yurick
 player, 91 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:53
The Mug and Cauldron
"I think I could probably find somewhere that'd buy those bodies...Offhand, I don't know anybody that we know, that might be interested. We could use all the coin we can get."
18:49, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 14 using 3d6.  merchant ~ 12.

18:48, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  streetwise ~ 14 .

18:46, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  area knowledge (Northport) ~ 13 .

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 63 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:56
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's discuss it over a few pots of tea upstairs, and see what we have to divvy up!"
The patriarch heads upstairs, beckoning. (getting close to the thread's end)

This message was last edited by the player at 22:57, Fri 22 May.

Aldous Hack
 player, 155 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 23 May 2020
at 10:53
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'm all fer s'm tea, an' it woul'n't hurt me ta spend a coupla hours shoppin' fer a sword and s'm armor, if ther's that much ta go 'round."

Aldous checks to be sure the stone door has latched shut again, then sheathes his long knife.

OOC: Can we get an updated map, when there's time?
Narrator
 GM, 7809 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 May 2020
at 19:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 851):

Cash found totsls $852, provided the bracelet is sold. Leather/cloth DR 1 arm and torso armor costs $78 if new,  leggings are $37, headgear $13. if cheap it has a reaction of -1 and a 1/6 chance of being shy of DR where hit. A cheap smallsword is $160, extra cheap throwing knives (large) cost $16 and may break when thrown.
Aine Walsh
 player, 79 posts
Mon 25 May 2020
at 20:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 852):

Happy with that...who is calculating distribution? I might have time tonight...but who gets a share?
Nana Yurick
 player, 92 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 26 May 2020
at 18:30
The Mug and Cauldron
Well, everyone in the house gets a share. Where's porter been?
Aine Walsh
 player, 80 posts
Tue 26 May 2020
at 20:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 854):

Including the parents, who did not come down and share any risk?