The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
rat bastid
 player, 30 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 16:35
The Mug and Cauldron
With a mighty swing, Porter is able to cleave through the rats that are charging him, enough to scatter the swarm.

There renain three more giant rats just visible outbogf the light, and probably four or five more 1 yard hexes of normal rats, all outside the circle of light. The shadiws cast by the four of you and the numerous rat bodies are starting to reduce the ground level light, and some of the rats are advancing.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:35, Thu 21 Nov 2019.

Sparky
 player, 26 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 18:51
The Mug and Cauldron
I am tiring with all this casting... we will need to retire soon.

He swings again at nearby rats advancing to get a clear shot at those advancing toward them.
Thorg
 player, 31 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 18:54
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg grunts at Sparky's comment and stabs at more rats.
Narrator
 GM, 7051 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 19:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 221):

Both oc you wound some of the advancing rats, but not enough to dissipate them.
Aldous Hack
 player, 43 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 22:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous shifts to work at clearing the area around the bottom of the stairs.  "Let's make a way out."

He makes another low swipe at the swarm between his feet and the stairs.
Sparky
 player, 27 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 02:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky heads up the stairs, but stays to look after the others safe exit...  OK Up there, be ready to close the Trap Door when we come up...
Thorg
 player, 32 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 03:00
The Mug and Cauldron
He also backs toward the stairs, still stabbing and slashing at the rats. All right I'll be the last one up, as i have boots on.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 34 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 03:12
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven unbolts and opens the door, so they may retreat.
"Come on, up!"
Sparky
 player, 28 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 16:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky exits the stairs then turns to help as he can.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 30 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 19:23
The Mug and Cauldron
Understanding the direction the group is moving Fisher begins backing up towards the stairs while keeping his shield out and low, to thwart any last minute sneak attacks.


OOC:
Move to the stairs.  Cover the retreat using my shield.  Attack anything that gets in range.

Narrator
 GM, 7055 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 21:12
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 228):

Adolus and Porter cut through the swarm and make it to the stairs.
Aldous Hack
 player, 44 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 23:40
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous looks back at Thorg, then takes the stairs two at a time.

"Come on, then, Thorg, you're last man out."

Thorg
 player, 33 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 23 Nov 2019
at 00:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg makes a last slash then turns and follows the rst up, turning at the top to deal with any follows rats.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 35 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sat 23 Nov 2019
at 14:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven will secure the door, when everyone has emerged.
Narrator
 GM, 7062 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 15:27
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 232):

It would seem that more than half of the large rats, and slightly less of the smaller ones have been cleared...
Thorg
 player, 34 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 17:55
The Mug and Cauldron
There are a large number of them and they felt cornered and attacked us, it will take several foray's like the last to clear them all, assuming no more come in.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 31 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 19:10
The Mug and Cauldron
”Ya, nice work.”, Black says as he looks around at his new band of brothers.  ”A couple more of those and we should clean up the cellar.”


OOC:
Stand guard near the door in case it needs to be opened quickly.

Aldous Hack
 player, 45 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 23:39
The Mug and Cauldron
"What I don't get is where the big ones are getting into the cellar.  Hey, Sven, did the previous owners mention anything about an access to the tunnels?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 36 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 23:49
The Mug and Cauldron
"No, only that there was a "rat problem". It looks like we won't know for sure just what's down there, until we can explore without being swarmed."
Aldous Hack
 player, 46 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 23:58
The Mug and Cauldron
"Probably right.  Okay, so I guess we need to let Sparky rest up a bit, and then look to see if the rats have decided bricks as bright as daylight are harmless.

"Wish I'd listened when Father Robards suggested I should always wear shoes -- but they aren't free, not if you want them to fit, anyway."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 37 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 00:07
The Mug and Cauldron
"Well, you never know what you might step in... Horse droppings, someone's chamber pot, they emptied into the street..."
Sven grimaces at the last part.
Aldous Hack
 player, 47 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 09:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Horse droppings and ox pats aren't so bad.  They use ox pats for building material some places.  Chamber pot contents you just have to spot before you step -- and even then, it doesn't bite."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 32 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 19:22
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher stands by the closed door and listens to the conversation.  He chuckles at the mention of the hazards of walking around in bare feet.  When the question of the rats nest is broached he shrugs to acknowledge his lack of ideas but he likes where the dialogue is headed.
Narrator
 GM, 7073 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:36
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 240):

Expected pay for a day is $37 each, with food provided, $33.

Cheap ugly shoes cost $16, $40 for decent ones.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 38 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:45
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 240):
"You've never seen a case of hookworm then, friend. It's an awful sight!"