The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 95 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:47
The Mug and Cauldron
14:44, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5.

14:42, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  axe ~ 13.

Sven sweeps in a low, arc!
"Yyyyahhhhh! Ha-Ha! Die, vermin!"
Thorg
 player, 63 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:25
The Mug and Cauldron
He picks out a big rat and stabs
Nana Yurick
 player, 57 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:29
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana stays back, out of the melee. She's trying to ascertain what could be rattling, and she suspects the rats were perhaps fleeing something, nobody else has seen yet...
"They were sure in a hurry! Is there something worse down here with us?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:30, Fri 27 Mar.

Aine Walsh
 player, 43 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:52
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 646):

Aine will approach the rats, before creating fire on them!
Aldous Hack
 player, 118 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 00:38
The Mug and Cauldron
"I've heard of all sorts of worse things down here!"  Aldous turns from the gate.  "Dragons, and worms, and walking dead, and God only knows what else."
Narrator
 GM, 7593 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 18:13
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 648):

You collectively clear two swarms worth of rats before they can get under the door.

Meanwhile, the barred door slams again, and the bar begins to splinter!
Aine Walsh
 player, 44 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 19:17
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 649):

Is there a clear cause of the door slamming?
Aldous Hack
 player, 119 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 22:01
The Mug and Cauldron
"That's what the rats were running from!"  Aldous points at the barred door.  "Whatever it is, it's coming!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 96 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 22:26
The Mug and Cauldron
"Let's get in position, and get it, while it's struggling through the wreckage!"
Sven steps off to the side, his bloody axe, upraised.
Thorg
 player, 64 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 22:47
The Mug and Cauldron
He braces his spear with both hands, his shield over his left forearm as protection.
Aine Walsh
 player, 45 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 01:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 651):

Having roasted some rats, Aine then proceeded to create a ball of ice in preparation for what was to come... moving away from the door in question...
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 78 posts
 Young swordsman
 Hp 11/12
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 16:19
The Mug and Cauldron
Bravely Black grunts and nods at Sven's words.


OOC:
Strategy is unchanged.  Sword and shield are readied.  Porter will attempt to be in the front lines and be one of the main tanks.  His aim is to chop down whatever comes through the door and not let it get past him.

Nana Yurick
 player, 58 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 20:28
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana stays back out of the way. She narrows her eyes, as the bar splinters.
Aldous Hack
 player, 120 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Left hand still holding his lantern high, Aldous sheathes his large knife, and draws one of the smaller ones from the back of his belt, turning it so he grasps the blade with the grip standing up from his fist.  That done, he cocks his arm back and waits for a target.
Walking corpse
 NPC, 23 posts
 Shambling and withered
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 657):

The bar shatters, and the door (through which Aine could not see) swings open, spilling four ragged and dessicated dead creatures!
 The flesh of their hands stripped down until the bony tips of their fingers protrude.  a dry moaning sound comes from their throats.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 97 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:27
The Mug and Cauldron
11:24, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5 .

11:23, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 5 using 3d6.  Targeted Attack (head) ~ 13 or less.

Sven cleaves solidly, into the skull, of one of the undead.
"Haaa!!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 15:31, Wed 01 Apr.

Nana Yurick
 player, 59 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:30
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana cheers!
"Get him,yeah!"
Thorg
 player, 65 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:12
The Mug and Cauldron
He makes a determined effort to put the spear point in the chest of that one coming his way...
Sparky
 player, 55 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:18
The Mug and Cauldron
He starts casting ...
Walking corpse
 NPC, 24 posts
 Shambling and withered
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:28
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 659):

Sven's cleave takes off the top of its head, but it still staggers about, albeit somewhat confused.

The second one stumbles onto Throg's spear, but it seems to barely notice that it has a spear stuck through its rib cage!

flames start to erupt from the next one, as it pushes through the other two.
The fourth stumbles toward the door the rats were at, and slowly turns back toward you.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 13:33, Thu 02 Apr.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 98 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 21:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven launches a powerful kick, intending to knock back, or topple the nearest one, as he raises his axe, for another blow!
17:43, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 6 using 1d6+3.  brawling kick, 1d6+3, crushing.

17:42, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  Brawling ~ 13 (kicking, -2, 11 or less).

This message was lightly edited by the player at 21:47, Wed 01 Apr.

Thorg
 player, 66 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:08
The Mug and Cauldron
He is a bit confused by this thing ignoring his spear in it's chest, He backs up a step. yanks his spear out and thrusts again, again making a determined attack at it's head
Aldous Hack
 player, 121 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Before he can make his throw, Aldous sees Sven chop of part of one's head, and another almost not react to a spear in it's chest, and changes his mind.

He sheaths the small knife and draws the large one again.
Walking corpse
 NPC, 25 posts
 Shambling and withered
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 13:47
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 665):

Sven kicks the one with the head injury, knocking it back against the wall with a loud crack, and it slouches to the ground.

Throg's spear thrust to the head is more effective than his thrust to the chest, and it staggers back.
 Apparently, impaling weapons don't work very well on the undead!

The flanking zed approaches Sven from the side, and the last one, on fire, stumbles forward toward Aldous!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 99 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 14:43
The Mug and Cauldron
10:41, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5.

10:40, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 11 using 3d6.  Targeted Attack (head) ~ 13 or less.

Sven deals this fellow more of the same, bringing his axe down upon the undead's skull!
"Haaaaaaa!"