The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 8 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 01:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Black watches the bar man come over to lend a hand and deduces what's about to happen.  He nods to the javelin thrower.  ”Thorg, you in?”


OOC:
So its just me, Hack and I assume Thorg going down?  Before we go I will suggest we take some light.  I dont have a hand free nor do I have a light source in my pack.  If none of the PCs has one can the bar loan us a torch or lantern?

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 8 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 01:40
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC: If nobody has light, Sven can loan you a lantern, from the tavern.
Thorg
 player, 7 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 04:32
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg comes over after putting his javelin quiver over his should and taking his spear in hand.





OOC - Sorry , been gone all day
Aldous Hack
 player, 10 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 09:07
The Mug and Cauldron
"Woops, almost forgot you don't have lights down there.  Moment, guys."  Perspiring lightly, Aldous resheathes his knives and picks up his own lantern off the bar and lights it.  Then, lantern in his left hand, he draws his large knife.

"Okay, that's better."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 9 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 10:06
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay.. ready?"
Sven will open the door, and let them through, on their signal.
Narrator
 GM, 6910 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 13:41
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 48):

The scratching is louder...
Thorg
 player, 8 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 18:26
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg starts down, spear point first.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 9 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 20:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Black smiles as he sees the men come together.  Fisher is by no means a genius but he's smart enough to know anything could be behind that door, and being ready is a better way to stay alive than not.


OOC:
Now that we have 3 people and some light Porter will say he's ready to go.  Open the door and let's do this!

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 10 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 22:52
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven opens the door!
Aldous Hack
 player, 11 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 17 Oct 2019
at 08:51
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous thrusts his light forward, the better to see into the darkened stairs.
rat bastid
 player, 23 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 16:55
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 53):

Two rats the size of dogs burst through the door!

Those of you who had been Waiting can strike first!
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 10 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 18:26
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher almost giggles with glee when he sees two huge rats burst into the common room.  If these rats were willing to risk life and limb to find something to eat Black can only imagine what else lies in the basement untouched for so long.  All this means lots of things to exterminate which means a long profitable contract!  With the eagerness of a young man chasing women for the first time Black charges into the fray.
Narrator
 GM, 6924 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 19:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 55):

The rats are SM-1, so make an attack roll at -1. These rats are engaging move and attack, so they aren't  defending this turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:35, Fri 18 Oct 2019.

Thorg
 player, 9 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 19:46
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg stabs at the nearest rat with  his spear ...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 11 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 20:11
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven has cleared the door, and moved behind the bar. He's got a boarding axe in his hand.
"Loki's bolts!"
Aldous Hack
 player, 12 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 23:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"Stercore!"  Aldous takes a step and stabs at the nearest rat.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 11 posts
 Young swordsman
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 03:12
The Mug and Cauldron
Black almost jumps forward as he enthusiastically swings and hacks at the dog sized vermin before him.  Giant animals was nothing new to the young mercenary, at least in tales he's heard.
rat bastid
 player, 24 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 22:05
The Mug and Cauldron
The spear just misses the lead rat as it pounces, but Adolus' knife cuts deeply into  its side.
Fisher's swing just nicks an ear, but on the recovery, his hand slips, and his weapon clatters down the steps behind the rats. Luckily, he was able to defend againstthe beast's attempt to bite him.
Thorg
 player, 10 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 23:17
The Mug and Cauldron
Good Cut  He recovers and readies his spear to strike again.

Is there a rat up on this level? or did one go back down the stairs?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Mon 21 Oct 2019.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 13 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 10:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Hearing the commotion, the women peek around the corner.
"Все под контролем, сынок?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 12 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 10:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah, Ma!"
Sven replies, keeping his eyes on the battle. He winces, as he hears Porter's blade, clatter downstairs. At least he still had his shield!
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 12 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 16:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher winces as he looses his grip on his blade and it goes clattering down the stairs.  While it is his most prized possession he isn't worried about damaging it.  He is concerned that his employers might see this misfortune as a lack of skill and decide to change their mind.  Determined not to be outdone Black reaches for his knife.  With gusto he yanks it free and jumps back into the melee!


OOC:
Draw knife.  Attack with knife, block with shield.

Narrator
 GM, 6935 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 20:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 65):

Adolus' rat jumpsto the side, hissing. The one that Porter sliced turns to bite him, dodge or take 5 points cutting before DR to the leg!


Posting projected damage along with a roll saves time so keep it up.
Thorg
 player, 11 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 23:59
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg adjusts to stab the rat he missed ...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Wed 23 Oct 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 13 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 01:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Just as his weapon falls beyond his reach on the far side of his foe the huge vermin plunges at him!  Black pulls himself into a ball behind the wood frame of his shield as he sidesteps away.