The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6924 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 19:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 55):

The rats are SM-1, so make an attack roll at -1. These rats are engaging move and attack, so they aren't  defending this turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:35, Fri 18 Oct 2019.

Thorg
 player, 9 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 19:46
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg stabs at the nearest rat with  his spear ...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 11 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 20:11
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven has cleared the door, and moved behind the bar. He's got a boarding axe in his hand.
"Loki's bolts!"
Aldous Hack
 player, 12 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 23:32
The Mug and Cauldron
"Stercore!"  Aldous takes a step and stabs at the nearest rat.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 11 posts
 Young swordsman
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 03:12
The Mug and Cauldron
Black almost jumps forward as he enthusiastically swings and hacks at the dog sized vermin before him.  Giant animals was nothing new to the young mercenary, at least in tales he's heard.
rat bastid
 player, 24 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 22:05
The Mug and Cauldron
The spear just misses the lead rat as it pounces, but Adolus' knife cuts deeply into  its side.
Fisher's swing just nicks an ear, but on the recovery, his hand slips, and his weapon clatters down the steps behind the rats. Luckily, he was able to defend againstthe beast's attempt to bite him.
Thorg
 player, 10 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 23:17
The Mug and Cauldron
Good Cut  He recovers and readies his spear to strike again.

Is there a rat up on this level? or did one go back down the stairs?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Mon 21 Oct 2019.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 13 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 10:34
The Mug and Cauldron
Hearing the commotion, the women peek around the corner.
"Все под контролем, сынок?"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 12 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 10:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah, Ma!"
Sven replies, keeping his eyes on the battle. He winces, as he hears Porter's blade, clatter downstairs. At least he still had his shield!
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 12 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 16:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher winces as he looses his grip on his blade and it goes clattering down the stairs.  While it is his most prized possession he isn't worried about damaging it.  He is concerned that his employers might see this misfortune as a lack of skill and decide to change their mind.  Determined not to be outdone Black reaches for his knife.  With gusto he yanks it free and jumps back into the melee!


OOC:
Draw knife.  Attack with knife, block with shield.

Narrator
 GM, 6935 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 20:59
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 65):

Adolus' rat jumpsto the side, hissing. The one that Porter sliced turns to bite him, dodge or take 5 points cutting before DR to the leg!


Posting projected damage along with a roll saves time so keep it up.
Thorg
 player, 11 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 23:59
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg adjusts to stab the rat he missed ...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Wed 23 Oct 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 13 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 01:48
The Mug and Cauldron
Just as his weapon falls beyond his reach on the far side of his foe the huge vermin plunges at him!  Black pulls himself into a ball behind the wood frame of his shield as he sidesteps away.
Aldous Hack
 player, 13 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 23 Oct 2019
at 09:05
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous adjusts his footing and stabs again at the same rat as before.

He barely misses.  "Son of a garbage heap!"
rat bastid
 player, 25 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 00:53
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Thorg (msg # 67):

The spear thrust puts down the rat tangled in Black's shield. Its tale twitches twice as blood flows from its moth and nose.

The other rat tries to head back to the cellar, giving its back to you.

Anyone turning to go after it uses one phase of their attack tto do so, further actions are at +2, +2 additional if making a telegraphic attack.
Thorg
 player, 12 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 04:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg turns and stabs at the fleeing rat...
Aldous Hack
 player, 14 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:01
The Mug and Cauldron
"That's better!"  Aldous pivots after the fleeing rat and makes a slashing swing.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 13 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:36
The Mug and Cauldron
"Sis!, bring the mop and pail, please."
Nana Yurick
 player, 4 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 11:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana comes into the bar, with the mop and pail.
"Ugh! Gross..."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 14 posts
 Young swordsman
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 16:20
The Mug and Cauldron
Stupid rats, he thinks with glee.  The more of them there are the more coin in his pocket and Black is quite happy with his new partners.  He lashes out with his knife at the fleeing rat.
rat bastid
 player, 26 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 00:48
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 75):

The rat goes down hard, blood spraying onto the floorboards.

From below you can hear scrabbling and squeaking sounds...
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 16 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 02:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Kazimir comes back into the bar, from the street.
Surveying the carnage, he speaks:
"These rats are huge! If you can sell 'em by the pound, you're liable to see silver."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 14 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 02:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"They've got 'em on the run, dad! Listen!"
Thorg
 player, 13 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 03:15
The Mug and Cauldron
I am not so confident they run, be prepared... He stands at the top of the stairs on guard for another assault.
Aldous Hack
 player, 15 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 10:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Good so far, but don't get cocky."

Aldous maneuvers his lantern to get as good a view of the stairs as possible.

"Are they running, or are they smart enough to set up a choke point?"