The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Sparky
 player, 15 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 17:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Well here is one... give me a bit and I will try to make another.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 26 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 17:09
The Mug and Cauldron
"Hey, that's great! Can I pour you a drink?"
Sparky
 player, 16 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 17:57
The Mug and Cauldron
Just some of the 'vass stuff ... drinking and casting don't mix well. He picks up the next brick half and again casts  on it.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 27 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 18:02
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven laughs, and pours him a cup.
Baker
 NPC, 3 posts
 Works next to
 Mug and cauldron
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 19:35
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 154):


"The girl complains of scratching, but I don't  here it. She is in the basement,  it is true, not far from the stairs. It is quiet, and clean, all whith whitewash."
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 35 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 21:41
The Mug and Cauldron
"Tell uncle Kaz, what you hear little one. Is there just scratching, or do you sometimes, hear other things? Maybe Auntie Hetty, can find out what it is, and make it go away. Would you like that?"
He says kindly, to the girl-child.
Sparky
 player, 18 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 22:58
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky hands the second brick to to whomever wants it ... I'll need to rest a bit now...

Aldous Hack
 player, 28 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 00:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous still has his own lantern in one hand, and his biggest knife in the other, so he'll nod for someone else to take the glowing brick pieces.

"That's a good start on makin' it light enough to really fight down there.

"Almost makes me wish we could get one of those guys from Little Sahud, or a Hindu -- I've seen 'em showing weapons in the market square that'll cover like a broom, take out half a dozen of those little guys with a single swing.  Still enough down there to wear a guy out, though.

"Hey, Sparky, anyone from your class who knew how to, like, charm animals?  Like that old story my mom used to tell about the fellow with the pastry and flute, the Pies Piper?"

Sparky
 player, 20 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 03:13
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky shakes his head ... nah, no one like that. If I get a few coins ahead, I'll go join that adventure guild... they are supposed to be able to teach some stuff...
Narrator
 GM, 6988 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 22:50
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 160):

A bowman might help...
...and for general info, 3-4 is always a crit, 5 is a crit if your skill is 15 or better, and 6 if 16 or better. If you have a skill in excess of 17, a 17 is a normal dailure, and an 18 still crit fails.
Sparky
 player, 21 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 03:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Right... Forgot... apologies, sure looked good to someone who rolls lots of high numbers...
Aldous Hack
 player, 29 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 09:59
The Mug and Cauldron
"Okay, so, the light situation is better, we should at least be able to see what to stab.

"Still the problem of half a dozen bitin' while you're whackin' one.

"Say, Sven, you said your mom makes all this wine and kvass and stuff -- you got any that didn't quite come out?  Maybe we could put a couple pans of that down there and get the rats drunk enough to sleep?  They ain't gonna sleep out in the open where we can get 'em, but if they run off somewhere, that'd give us a chance to block up their holes while they nurse their hangovers."

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 28 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 10:17
The Mug and Cauldron
"That could work..Ma knows all about poisons,too. When you clear us a perimeter, We can set out something that will put them down, for the big sleep!"
Thorg
 player, 23 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 21:46
The Mug and Cauldron
I can dispatch a few with my Javelins ... probably shoot the bigger ones first.
Aldous Hack
 player, 30 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 00:50
The Mug and Cauldron
"Not sure that'll make much difference, but ever' big one you take down is one less we got to worry 'bout later.  Gettin' your spears back might be fun, though."
Thorg
 player, 24 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 02:25
The Mug and Cauldron
Maybe, but Rats aren't especially courageous
Aldous Hack
 player, 31 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 09:57
The Mug and Cauldron
"Depends some on how hungry they are.  I've seen a rat, ordinary bog standard half-pound rat, take food from a full grown guard dog's bowl."
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 22 posts
 Young swordsman
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 14:36
The Mug and Cauldron
Black feels good to be in the company of people who sling about grand ideas like a bartender slinging cups of mead and ale.  He interjects when there is a free moment.  ”They're hungry.  What about putting a bowl of meat at the top of the stairs.  We open the door just long enough to get the big ones up and out.  Shut the door and kill them before they know what hit him?  Then we could use all the other ideas to deal with the small ones?”
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 29 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 17:15
The Mug and Cauldron
"That could work..It might cause the strongest among them to compete, in getting to the bait first, so you can slay them first. Worth a try, at least!"
Sven said, rubbing his chin, as he thought about Black's idea.
Thorg
 player, 25 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 18:15
The Mug and Cauldron
Personally I wish to keep them below, with all the light  we can start killing them there and not get blood all over the bar room. I am ready to quit talking...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 30 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 18:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'll drink to that! I think Sis would too, so I'll make that'n a double!"
Sven pours himself a drink.
Aldous Hack
 player, 32 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 01:45
The Mug and Cauldron
"I like the idea of separating them, so we only have to deal with a few at a time.  If I had plate armor boots, I wouldn't mind so much going down there with them, but I don't."
Thorg
 player, 26 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:27
The Mug and Cauldron
We start from the stairs, where they are not so many ... I'll lead if you wish... you keep them off of my boots.
Aldous Hack
 player, 33 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:42
The Mug and Cauldron
"Lantern in one hand, knife in the other.  I'll do what I can to keep your feet clear.

"Got one of those brick shards?"

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 31 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:47
The Mug and Cauldron
Downing his drink, and taking up his axe, Sven will unbar the door and open it, when they are ready for another sally, below!