The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 18 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 23:50
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Abomination (msg # 191):

 OOC:do you mean to use "rat bastid" or do we well, and truly have an undead earth elemental loose in the cellar? if that's what the little girl is hearing, she and the bakers could be in big trouble... cant those walk right through earth and stone, and easily get her?

Narrator
 GM, 7020 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:03
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Hetilda Yurick (msg # 194):

That was a finger slip from Narrator. Corrected.
Aldous Hack
 player, 38 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:08
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC: How big is this basement.  A 3-yard radius ought to leave most of the floor clear.
Narrator
 GM, 7021 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 196):

The basement is about 7 yards deep from the top of the stairs, which turn, to one wall, and 5 orv6 yards to either side, although due to the pillars and beams supporting the floor above, much is obscured

https://drive.google.com/file/...JQ/view?usp=drivesdk
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 36 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 20:43
The Mug and Cauldron
Turning to the baker, Kazimir whispers (as to not frighten the girl further):
"My wife is knowledgeable in detecting and warding off evil spirits..Perhaps we could try, and see if the child's fears subside?"
Aldous Hack
 player, 39 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 23:39
The Mug and Cauldron
"Come on, Porter, Thorg.  Except for the shadows of the pillars, we've got almost half the floor cleared.  That should give us room to stand and start chopping up the rats."  Following his own advice, Aldous moves down the stair, brushing past Thorg if necessary, to reach the edge of the cleared area.

Still holding his own lantern, he slashes at a convenient rat.
Thorg
 player, 29 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 03:37
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg starts stabbing at rats too, especially the bigger ones ...
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 26 posts
 Young swordsman
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 17:04
The Mug and Cauldron
Black smiles for until Aldous said it it had not occurred to Fisher that they could stand in the space cleared by the brightly glowing brick that Sparky had made for them.  This made him happy and he eagerly followed behind.


OOC:
Sword and shield are Ready.  Follow the others down the stairs to the spot cleared by the light.  Use my shield to cover the backs and flanks of my new friends.  Hack at everything within reach going from biggest to smallest.  Try to leave enough room so people can use a Retreating defense.

Sparky
 player, 22 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:20
The Mug and Cauldron
He follows the others down and tries to cast ... a thin stream of flame streams from his hand and he turns to cutting up rats with it as they fight to get away.
rat bastid
 player, 27 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:29
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 201):

With two of the larger rats squealing, one
safely at spear point, the other turns to bite at Adolus'arm, doing 1 point cutting before DR, unless dodged.

Sparky perfectly angles his flame jet to clear through two yards worth of rat swarms, nailing about a dozen normal rats in one shot!

Porter notices that the stairs,  which have no risers, are concealing a small horde of normal rats, which are starting to move into your shadow!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 33 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:35
The Mug and Cauldron
"I'll be closin' the door now. Can't risk them surging upstairs!"
Sven closes the door and bolts the door, after all have left the bar.
Sparky
 player, 23 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:37
The Mug and Cauldron
He moves his flame jet in under the stairs, trying to avoid touching the stairs.
Narrator
 GM, 7035 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 21:05
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Sparky (msg # 205):

This would be a shot at -4 to get the jet between the steps, -6 to get under the lowest step.
Sparky
 player, 24 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 03:20
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Narrator (msg # 206):

Thought he was off the steps...  if he is on the steps, he is singing them...
Aldous Hack
 player, 40 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 10:08
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous laughs briefly as his leathers turn the rat's bite, and stabs at the rat that tried to bite him.

"Have at thee!"

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 27 posts
 Young swordsman
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 19:31
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher notices the swarm moving and points with his sword.  ”Get 'em!”, he calls out.


OOC:
Move to the closest and most immediate threat.  Swing til its dead.

rat bastid
 player, 28 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 23:57
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 209):

Fisher's rat dies squealing.
The blast of flame scorches the steps... and flushes two swarms out, one of which moves to attsck porter (damage next round) hit and do 6 or better damage to scatter them.
Thorg
 player, 30 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 03:25
The Mug and Cauldron
Thorg picks out a big one and stabs. then swings the edge back trying to cut/crush any smaller rats with the edge.
Sparky
 player, 25 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 03:29
The Mug and Cauldron
Sparky swings his flame at the small herd of rats dislodged from under the stairs ...
Aldous Hack
 player, 41 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 10:07
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous shakes his head.  "How are you not dead?!"  He stabs at the rat again.
rat bastid
 player, 29 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 17:04
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 213):

Adolus' rat, which was near death, expires messily.

Sparky crisps one swarm

Thorg has a rat on a stick, which flies dead off the spear on the back swing.

He is surrounded by normal size rats that bite at his feet- he takes 5 points cutting befir the DR of his boots!

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:05, Wed 20 Nov 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 28 posts
 Young swordsman
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 17:19
The Mug and Cauldron
OOC:
You mentioned Porter then a spear.  I'm using a sword.  Did you mean Thorg?

Aldous Hack
 player, 42 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 23:33
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ha!"  Aldous lifts his foot for a stamp at a normal size rat, then remembers he's barefoot and converts the motion into low slash, knuckles brushing the floor as his knife sweeps through the rats.
Narrator
 GM, 7046 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Nov 2019
at 16:07
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Fisher 'Porter' Black (msg # 215):

That was Thorg. I need to see rolls for combat, so throw me Porter's numbers.
Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 29 posts
 Young swordsman
Wed 20 Nov 2019
at 19:31
The Mug and Cauldron
Fisher might look as the picture of an unhappy fellow.  His mouth is framed in a snarl, his teeth are gritted and gnashing and his eyes are narrow and beady.  But in truth the man couldn't be more pleased.  He is gainfully employed, working with professionals and the lighting situation has been solved.  The payday is solidly in his future.  Now the man simply swings his keen blade back and forth to exterminate the vermin.