The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Sparky
 player, 58 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Mon 4 May 2020
at 20:30
The Mug and Cauldron
Here, let me see it ...  He fiddles with it for a few moments as he casts something.


[Private to GM:  13:26, Today: Sparky rolled 6 using 3d6.  Locksmith. A great roll, but he has neither lock picks or the skill to use them ... obviously needed purchases when points are granted. He made his roll by 7 ]
Aldous Hack
 player, 140 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 4 May 2020
at 22:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"If that don't work, I c'n give a try.  I got some 'sperience w' locks."
Aine Walsh
 player, 61 posts
Tue 5 May 2020
at 01:58
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 763):

"Or I can try a magic trick..."

She will do so if given the box...

[Private to GM: If given the box, she casts lockmaster, rolled 1 under]
Nana Yurick
 player, 75 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 5 May 2020
at 02:27
The Mug and Cauldron
Both siblings eagerly look on, as the others try to open the box...
Narrator
 GM, 7736 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 May 2020
at 17:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 765):

Collectively, and you are not sure if it was Sparky's knife or Adolus rattling the box, or the leprechaun burning more mana, but the box springs open, scattering a mix of copper and silver coin.
Sparky
 player, 59 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Wed 6 May 2020
at 22:16
The Mug and Cauldron
Very Nice, and the box may be worth something too.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 119 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Thu 7 May 2020
at 10:48
The Mug and Cauldron
The siblings smile, nodding at each other.
Aldous Hack
 player, 141 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 7 May 2020
at 11:52
The Mug and Cauldron
"Nice!  Yep, box like that's worth a few coin even empty.  More if ya got th' key, a'course, but it's prolly long gone."
Nana Yurick
 player, 76 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Thu 7 May 2020
at 12:49
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana begins scooping the scattered coins up, counting them, as she desposits back into the box, while Sven looks on. "......" *mouthing numerations*
Sparky
 player, 60 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Thu 7 May 2020
at 17:42
The Mug and Cauldron
Could probably get a key made, but the cost may not be worth it.
Aldous Hack
 player, 142 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 May 2020
at 01:14
The Mug and Cauldron
"Gotta have a key, er ya wind up having to break the box 'f it gits locked."
Narrator
 GM, 7746 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:05
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 772):

The box being used and rusty would only go for a silver at best. Within are $89 in copper coins, and $360 in the form of 18 silver
Nana Yurick
 player, 77 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:25
The Mug and Cauldron
"There's a good bit here! Just under $450. C'mon big money! Aldous needs a new pair of shoes!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 120 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:26
The Mug and Cauldron
*guffaws*
Aldous Hack
 player, 143 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Fri 8 May 2020
at 20:44
The Mug and Cauldron
Aldous snickers as well.  "Yep, I do.  Maybe next trip I'll get some heavier boots."
Aine Walsh
 player, 62 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 00:21
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 776):

"So we take this up and share it all out then, with the stuff from the other room?"
Thorg
 player, 77 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 13 May 2020
at 02:28
The Mug and Cauldron
Yup, they hired us, we didn't get finders keepers rights.
Nana Yurick
 player, 78 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:06
The Mug and Cauldron
Nana folds her arms.
"Nah!, we're keepin' allllllllllllllllll!"
*cackles*
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 121 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:15
The Mug and Cauldron
"Of course, we'll share it out. The more we find, the bigger each share'll be!
If we happen to find any items of value, we'll share those out too, according to their value, to either be kept, or liquidated."

Sven reasoned, always the foil to Nana's antics.
Nana Yurick
 player, 79 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:19
The Mug and Cauldron
"Yeah! Relax, I was only foolin.'"
Nana laughed.
Aine Walsh
 player, 63 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:54
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Nana Yurick (msg # 781):

"Then perhaps they can earn their bit by looking after it for us. That way, we don't loose it if we have to run somewhere! Can they use my share to buy some magical scrolls, I wonder?"
Aldous Hack
 player, 144 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Wed 13 May 2020
at 09:10
The Mug and Cauldron
"Scrolls?  Like old style books?  They can put magic in a book?"
Aine Walsh
 player, 65 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 09:25
The Mug and Cauldron
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 783):

"Yes, yes oh yes they can. It is a wonderful thing, too! And then I can learn it and do new things!"
Nana Yurick
 player, 80 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 13 May 2020
at 11:30
The Mug and Cauldron
"You know, our folks are mages, and could teach you spells, at a discounted price!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 122 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Wed 13 May 2020
at 11:33
The Mug and Cauldron
Sven nods affirmatively.
"Ma's magic is scarier, but I don't like how Pa can get in me head!"