The Mug and Cauldron.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Narrator
 GM, 6875 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:06
The Mug and Cauldron
A few blocks north and east of the barely populated area around the street collapse is an old tavern and inn, abandoned since plague times. A family named Yurick has reopened it as the Mug and Cauldron.
The building and its standard is on the corner of the block. To Monroe side, it shares a wall with a baker, and the stableyard shares a wall with a Warren of tenements and alleyways, a fair number of which are occupied by local laborers.

The tavern is run down, and in need of repairs, but that makes it a cheap place to stay for now... pity about the rat problem the innkeeper just hasn't had time to deal with...
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 10 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:34
The Mug and Cauldron
A green-cloaked shevnian woman, pulls up to the tavern's stables, in a wagon drawn by an ox.
A fair haired older man, sits in front with her, holding a lute. Two older teens throw apples at each other, in the back, laughing.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 2 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:37
The Mug and Cauldron
"Ow!" *laughs*
Nana Yurick
 player, 2 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:43
The Mug and Cauldron
01:38, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 13.
The red-cloaked brunette, leaps from the wagon, doing a backflip, landing on the cobblestone.
She wields another apple in her hand, laughing, as she prepares to fling it at her brother.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:39, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Hetilda Yurick
 player, 11 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:50
The Mug and Cauldron
The older woman, drops the reins, and steps down from the wagon, and begins unhitching the ox, while the husband, opens the stable doors. Turning, she looks back at the commotion and scolds in Shevnian:"Прекрати эту ерунду! Теперь нам нужны эти яблоки, так что прекратите бросать их, и начать загрузку их внутрь!"[Private to GM: "Stop that stuff! Now we need these apples, so stop throwing them, and start loading them inside!"]
Nana Yurick
 player, 3 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Innkeeper's Daughter
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:56
The Mug and Cauldron
The girl sighs in an exaggerated manner, and tosses the would-be missle, back into the bushel basket. She replies in accented Aralaise: "You're such a slave-driver, mother! Sometimes I feel like we're indentured!"

This message was last edited by the player at 06:26, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 7 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 06:24
The Mug and Cauldron
The father emerges from the stables, and once open, the family rolls on inside, and begins unloading various foodstuffs, and a number of barrels and casks. A mixture of accented Aralaise, and Shevnian and laughter can be heard from within. The mother's distinctive Shevnian can be heard inside:"Казимир, дорогая.. Будете ли вы размещать, что уведомлениеиз передней? Мы просто слишком заняты, чтобы заботиться об этих крысах, и они больше, чем кошки могут справиться!"[Private to GM: Kasimir, darling.. Will you post that notice out the front? We're just too busy to take care of these rats and they're more than cats can handle!] A moment later, "Kazimir" the man's name is, emerges with a vellum posting in Shevian and Aralaise, that reads: "Help wanted, Inquire Within!"
He takes a few nails from his mouth, and hammers the posting, near the door, above which the tavern's sign can be seen, depicting a frothing mug and a steaming cauldron.
"Сделано. Итак, что на ужин?"[Private to GM: "It's done. So, what's for dinner?"] The man jovially replies, heading back inside..

This message was last edited by the player at 08:24, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Aldous Hack
 player, 4 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 09:11
The Mug and Cauldron
A young man, above average height and dressed in light leathers, with curly brown hair poking out from under his leather cap, idles up to read the newly posted notice.  He glances sidelong up and down the street, then pushes the door open.

"I saw the man put up a notice.  What sort of help do you need?"  His Aralaise has the easy flow of a native speaker.  "Oh, and nice sign!"

The man is slender, and carries a large knife on his right side, with three smaller knives arrayed across the back of his belt.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 3 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 09:39
The Mug and Cauldron
Hearing the Aralaise announce himself, the burly Shevnian youth, pokes his head around the corner, an apple in his mouth. He removes it, and yells: "Hey Dad! Somebody about the job!!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 10:33, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 8 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 09:57
The Mug and Cauldron
The youth disappears, then a girl's face pops 'round, followed by an attractive older woman, who looks to be their mother. Shortly, a Shevnian man, with a scar across one eye, walks into the bar. "Welcome! Please, come inside."
The man pours from an earthenware pitcher, a fizzy beverage, into a wooden cup, that is not unlike a small beer. "Have some kvass! My name is Kazimir, and my family and I are hoping we can find a solution to our rat infestation. We can provide food and drinks, mainly... but we can put together some coin as well.. Interested?"
The Shevnian hands the man the drink.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 09:58, Thu 10 Oct 2019.

Fisher 'Porter' Black
 player, 2 posts
 Young swordsman
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 18:48
The Mug and Cauldron
An athletic young man walks in to the bar, presumably to have a drink.  He is tall and broad shouldered with thick forearms but not overly packed with bulging muscles.  His dark hair is thick and unkempt and ends above the shoulder and he sports a thin untrimmed beard.  As he crosses the tavern his leathers creak quietly hinting that they have yet to be worn in.

The young man, barely into his twenties sets his shield down ready to order something when he over hears the prospect of a job.  He joins in without being invited.  His eyes sparkle at the mention of paid work.  Im looking for work.  I'll kill rats for ya if there's coin in it.