World of Winter.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 7251 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 14:20
World of Winter
Hograth and Goran the Marked find themselves on the other side of an archway supported by fluted doric columns... and are now in a forest  of rime encrusted trees, standing in a foot of snow.
It is dark, with clouded skies suffused with the light of the moon and stars, which reflects faintly from the snow.
Light flakes of snow are falling.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 399 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 00:38
World of Winter
In reply to Narrator (msg # 1):

Hograth, the first to arrive, looks around. When he put on his pack this morning  he was not really expecting to need it, but you just never knew.
 He looks back specifically where the gate was, and begins to wonder if this was such a good idea. Suddenly, Northport seemed a world away. Perhaps it was. He checked his pack, sleeping mat, canteen, 9 rations, first aid kit, but no towel or warm clothes. Suddenly he was greatful for the gloves and boots. Then someone else arrived. He looked carefully at the place they came from.
Narrator
 GM, 7258 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 19:33
World of Winter
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 2):

Freestanding in the frozen woods is a pair of fluted doric columns, surmounted by a lintel and tympanum. Within this doorframe is a faint shimmer. There is a ripple in the center, and a branch pushes through!

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:38, Sun 12 Jan.

Goran the Marked
 player, 199 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:17
World of Winter
Goran concentrates for a second, causing his morningstar to burst into flame.  The heat and light were both useful and welcome, considering their current situation.  Then he goes about examining their environment with his newfound 'torch'.

When he sees the branch poke through, he comments "Urrun was rummaging around when I left.  Probably that is him.  He was not willing to come through.  Do we want to look around, explore, or go back?"

OOC Goran will cautiously make sure they are safe, then try to figure out where they are.  Looking for tracks in the snow, stuff like that.
Narrator
 GM, 7262 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:25
World of Winter
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 4):

There is a distant crackling sound, as of ice laden branches snapping.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 400 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 00:02
World of Winter
In reply to Narrator (msg # 5):

"It is cold, and I am not sure we are ready to explore. Lets head back and report, so a properly kitted group can explore, and we can continue hunting demons."
Goran the Marked
 player, 200 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 01:00
World of Winter
"Agreed, let's proceed back through the door."

With that, he takes one last look, and the proceeds back through the doorway.  It was warmer there anyway.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 401 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades, Get it Right!
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 05:21
World of Winter
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 7):

Hograth nods and follows him back through the portal. For now...
Narrator
 GM, 7267 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 19:26
World of Winter
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 8):

Back to temple hill