Seekers of the Flame.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Jednesa
 player, 421 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 01:58
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa stops, waiting to see what comes of this.
wretch
 NPC, 3 posts
 I thought I saw someone
 nevermind I was wrong
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 02:28
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 88):

She spills a bag of silver into her palm,
 "I have coin, but none can see me to sell to me. I beg you Marie, lift your curse! I have been living on the flesh of rats that I shoot, and fallen crusts. Forgive me!"
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1838 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 09:52
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to wretch (msg # 91):

"I am Christine. I believe Marie is the slut that works in some brothel. But I will try to help you..."

She casts a spell...
Jednesa
 player, 422 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 11:25
Re: Seekers of the Flame
OOC:  Christine, Dispel Magic will affect all spells in the area, this means your and Jednesa's Bless as well.  So be careful where you splash that...
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1839 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 12:12
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 93):

It is an area spell, with a radius of one, so it should just effect her...
Masugatan
 player, 335 posts
 street thug
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 07:40
Re: Seekers of the Flame
“Marie sounds like my kind of gal.”
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1845 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 08:23
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 95):

"Then I, most definitely, am not. You would do well to remember that!" she replies coldly. You almost feel the temperature drop a few degrees...
Elaina Grattan
 player, 7 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 10:06
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Alright, you two, get a, er, get separate rooms."

Elaina looks on at Christine and the beggar.  "Did it work, Christine?"
Emma Wilson
 player, 1 post
 Priestess of Helios
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 21:28
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 97):

"can you see me?"

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 17:41, Fri 28 Feb.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 1846 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 01:56
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 98):

"I could see you before. question is, can any of those who did not notice you see you?"
Masugatan
 player, 336 posts
 street thug
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 02:11
Re: Seekers of the Flame
“Just kidding.  I would never associate with the likes of Marie!  Just the thought makes my skin crawl.”
Narrator
 GM, 7466 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:42
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 98):

All of you can see her now!
Jednesa
 player, 423 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 20:03
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Jednesa can hear you better now.  And you are not so blurry.  Who are you?"
Evelina Grattan
 player, 28 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:23
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"I agree, it's much easier to look at you now, and your voice seems clearer as well.  Do you know Christine?"
Masugatan
 player, 337 posts
 street thug
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 03:39
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan hocks a loogie, spits it on the ground and awaits further developments.
Emma Wilson
 player, 2 posts
 Priestess of Helios
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:01
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 104):

"You can all see me? Oh thank you...wait if you are not Marie, who are you and how did you lift the curse?"
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1847 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:10
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 105):

"I am Christine, and I am told I look a lot like Marie. I am a mage, and I and my friends are headed out of town for a bit. Why don't you join us?"
Emma Wilson
 player, 3 posts
 Priestess of Helios
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:14
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 106):

"I, uhhh. Ok then. Mind if I stop by a merchant on the way and get some food? Can I leave this small bundle with anyone so I can be a bit quicker, and meet you at least the town gate?"

She holds up a tent and blanket, tied together with string.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1848 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:16
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 107):

"Sure. I will come with you. Jednessa, why don't you guys head to the gate, and we will see you there shortly... after I find out a bit about her..."
Masugatan
 player, 338 posts
 street thug
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 02:51
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan shrugs and gets ready to head to the gate.  He just hopes the girls don’t get into some heavy shopping while they wait.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1849 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 03:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 109):

After a quick meal and purchasing more, Emma and Christine arrive at the gate at about the same time as the rest of the group.
Narrator
 GM, 7481 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 14:35
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 110):

Together, you head out through thr Merchant's gate, with a plan to head south and then slightly eastward. The poor folk outside the wall retreat into their shanties at the sight of the ogress. Agead lies a road past fields of .barley and lavender, and you can see the treeline of the once bandit filled woods. Masugatan, Christine, and Jednesa  all know this route. If they continued due south, they would eventually  reach the Abbey, if they took the eastern fork, they would pass through Balar's old camp, which is the direction to take.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1850 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:07
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Narrator (msg # 111):

Not knowing much about Balar, and with the problem resolved anyway, they head out past his old campsite.
Jednesa
 player, 424 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:09
Re: Seekers of the Flame
As soon as they clear the gates and get far enough away as to not be in the shadow of the city, Jednesa stops, carefully takes off the skirt, gently folds it, and puts it in one of the two chests.

She seems to stand taller* and move more freely, not having to worry about destroying the "pretty dress" (or the buildings, or bystanders, etc).




OOC:  She is wearing a loincloth and the poncho.  She'd take the poncho off too, but it's under her harness, so it's a bit more involved.  Besides, it won't survive the mission.

* To her full 11' 6".  She tends to slouch and scrunch down in the city.

Evelina Grattan
 player, 29 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:50
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Well, look at you!"  Evelina gives Jednesa a grin.  "You look more yourself already!"