Seekers of the Flame.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Evelina Grattan
 player, 37 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 00:16
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Evelina's whip jerks out of her hand, and she tumbles through the air and falls to the ground, Elaina already rushing to her side.



OOC: tried to post this morning, but RPOL went down just as I was typing and I couldn't wait, had to run out to work.  Also, that whip attack was a disarm in the first place, not an entangle; should have just pulled the bow out of the guy's hand.  See msg. 156.
Elaina Grattan
 player, 13 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 00:24
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Elaina is beside Evelina almost before she hits the ground.
Narrator
 GM, 7592 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 18:10
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 169):

Given how high in the tree he was, you would have been able to reach the ankle, not the bow.
Evelina Grattan
 player, 38 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 21:45
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Ow!  That's gonna bruise, fer sure!"  Her Holiness seems to have forgotten some of her refinement in the moment.
Elaina Grattan
 player, 14 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 21:56
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Oh, Holiness!  Let me heal you!"

Elaina puts her hands on Evelina's body and prays to the Frog God in a clear, carrying voice, taking longer than seems strictly necessary.
Emma Wilson
 player, 6 posts
 Priestess of Helios
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 07:44
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 173):

Noticing that the only person injured seems to have been the archer and a Frog priestess, Emma looks for the archer, but it seems hidden by the foliage...
Jednesa
 player, 431 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 10:38
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa pulls the archer out of the tree slowly incase the whip is still attached to one of the sisters, "Sorry."

Then she turns and holds the archer out and looks to Christine, "Alive?  Dead?"


Note, she has one hand wrapped around the archers torso, the other about it's head, and she's holding it firmly, but not crushingly.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:40, Fri 10 Apr.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 1867 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 10:55
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 175):

"Dead if he wants to keep fighting, otherwise I want to know what he was thinking to attack us alone..."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 39 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:30
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Her holiness gets up from the ground, brushing dirt off her previously new-looking leathers.  "I wouldn't mind hearing that, either.  Do you have enemies, Masugatan?  Or was that a 'stupid tree'?"  She frowns and knits her brow.

"Even that first year, when we actually did consider banditry, and I was younger than Holy Sister is now, and she was barely a woman, we knew better than to take on a group this size."
Masugatan
 player, 350 posts
 street thug
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 02:21
Re: Seekers of the Flame
I know of no one who would go to these lengths just to get at me.  At least not when Im traveling in a powerful group such as this.

Class dripping out everywhere, he thinks smugly.
Narrator
 GM, 7603 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:43
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 177):

Masugatan recognizes the gear this guy is wearing... he looks to be a leftover from Balar's group.
Masugatan
 player, 351 posts
 street thug
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:54
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan tells them about Balar and informs them that they may be dealing with a splinter group, contrary to what he just said.
Evelina Grattan
 player, 40 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 23:00
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"So, leftovers from a defeated group of robbers and bandits?  Unless there are many of them, they're barely a threat to us.  If they intended to ambush us, they should have closed the trap as soon as the first arrow was fired."
Jednesa
 player, 433 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 00:12
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa carefully unwraps her hand from the bandits face, giving it room to speak (and breathe) but not letting go of the bandit's head.

"Why you shoot Mossygotten?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:40, Fri 10 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 7614 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 16:44
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 182):

"That bastid killed me matey!"
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1868 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 22:22
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Narrator (msg # 183):

"They were bandits. Tell me why we should not finish what he started."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 41 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 09:01
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Evelina looks back toward the city to judge the distance.

"The city guards don't come this far out, do they?  I think we should just break his legs and leave him here under the tree.  Maybe some of his fellow bandits will rob him before he dies.  Or maybe he'll live as a crippled beggar."

Her Holiness considers for a moment.

"No, we can't do that.  It would be kinder to just execute him.  Or we could break all his arrows, take his other weapons, and just leave him here.  Holy Sister, what would they do to a bandit back home?"
Elaina Grattan
 player, 15 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 09:02
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Holiness, I don't recall them ever capturing one alive.  They always seemed to get shot while resisting arrest.  Sheriff Ward was a really good shot, but lacked patience, I think."
Valerie
 NPC, 8 posts
 Barfly
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:29
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 186):

"Strip his weapons and boots."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 42 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:40
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Her Holiness brightens.  "Yes, that's even better!  He won't be able to keep up with us without boots, but we're still close enough to town that he can most likely make it there."
Masugatan
 player, 352 posts
 street thug
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 05:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
If we aint gonna kill him, can we at least tie him up and suspend him upside down from a tree?  By the time he gets out of that, I figure hell be too tired to mess with us again.  Although to be honest, I like the idea of breaking his legs better.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1869 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 09:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 188):

"Can't say I trust him, but I don't think we can just rob him either. I can justify taking his weapons, but not his boots. Let's just take his weapons and take him back to the town guard. It is not like we have a time limit..."
Elaina Grattan
 player, 16 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:51
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Does Northport not execute bandits, then?  How is that better than breaking his legs or taking his boots?"
Valerie
 NPC, 9 posts
 Barfly
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 16:13
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 191):

"Northport sells em into indentured servitude, and the guild buys up a lot of those contracts, and work them as heavies when guildmembers go on proficiency runs with padded weapons."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 43 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 21:39
Re: Seekers of the Flame
The two sisters look nonplussed, then Evelina speaks up.  "Perfect!"