Seekers of the Flame.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Tyger, tyger
 NPC, 4 posts
 Burning bright
 In the forest of the nigh
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 18:40
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 600):

Hoisting it by the til, Jednesa finds the beast quite agitated, and it claws at her unsuccessfully
Masugatan
 player, 402 posts
 street thug
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 21:01
Re: Seekers of the Flame
“We could use a plan.  Anybody got one?”
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1958 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 21:05
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 606):

"Sure. Jednessa and the Frog sisters deal with the one they have, while you and Emma seek to find the second one. Our Alchemist and I will seek to help where we are most helpful."
Jednesa
 player, 493 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 22:53
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa crouches and makes to switch her grip from it's tail/hindquarters to its body.




OOC:  Another Wrestling Grab, but the Triger invisible, possibly 3 headed great cat is at -4 to DX due to being grappled and a further -2 to her 'deceptive' speed and strength (total -4 to it's defenses against this grip switching).

18:45, Today: Jednesa rolled 13 using 3d6.  AOA (Determined) Wrestling Grab 16 (skill 16 +4 AOA -4 Deceptive).

This message was last edited by the player at 22:55, Thu 10 Sept.

Evelina Grattan
 player, 107 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 09:07
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Hold up, Holy Sister."  Evelina waves a hand at Elaina.

"Remember what happened last time we got tangled up in Jednesa's wrestling."

She none the less twitches her whip back into a ready position, just in case, still trying to keep track of the beast by watching for litter picked up in its (presumed) fur or still-burning patches.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1959 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 09:16
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Christine Bjorn:
In reply to McNealy (msg # 596):
Christine will cast a quick spell on Jednessa for now...
"Keep it burning Crispin..."


Has Crispin attacked the thing yet? Also, has Emma been able to detect the other one?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:21, Fri 11 Sept.

McNealy
 player, 67 posts
 Gnome Alchemist
 10/10 hp 11/11 f
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 14:39
Re: Seekers of the Flame
McNealy notes that Jednessa has the anmial quite well in hand, and so he turns back towards the other noise to assess what needs to be done there.

OOC Assuming his bullet is still loaded in the staff sling, and not prebviously fired.  Did not see any notes where he got off a shot in the fast action.  Thus he will aim that at the other potential threat.
something in the darkness
 NPC, 23 posts
 did you just hear
 something?
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 17:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to McNealy (msg # 611):

You have only had audible confirmation of a second creature, no one has seen it. Jednesa is holding the burnt Triger closely, barely visible from where it smolders.  What do you wish Crispin to
attack?


Does anyone have natural philosophy?
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1960 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 22:47
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to something in the darkness (msg # 612):

Since Jednessa is protected from fire, I wanted Crispin to help her keep that one burning...

Naturalist, yes, Natural Philosophy, not Christine or Emma.
Evelina Grattan
 player, 108 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 22:50
Re: Seekers of the Flame
OOC: I don't even see Natural Philosophy in the Basic Set skills list.  There's Philosophy (specialty), on which we could use a default, and both of us have Naturalist (Earth-like), but pretty sure there's little natural about a three-headed cat.
Masugatan
 player, 403 posts
 street thug
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 02:10
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Agreeing with the plan, Masugatan goes with Emma, serving as muscle.  He was sure Jednessa could handle her end of things.
Jednesa
 player, 494 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 04:49
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Evelina Grattan:
OOC: I don't even see Natural Philosophy in the Basic Set skills list.  There's Philosophy (specialty), on which we could use a default, and both of us have Naturalist (Earth-like), but pretty sure there's little natural about a three-headed cat.

OOC:  Gwythaint likes to say "natural philosophy" when he means Naturalist.  And in DF, Naturalist covers anything found in nature, even if it's been magically altered or is some Giant, Dire, or other type (that isn't better covered by Fey, Elder Thing, Divine, Demonic, etc).
Emma Wilson
 player, 43 posts
 Priestess of Helios
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 06:25
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 616):

Ah, Ok, thanks for the explanation. Emma rolled 4 over, so in this case, she has no clue anyway!
Evelina Grattan
 player, 109 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 13:43
Re: Seekers of the Flame
OOC: 'Doh!  Okay, rolls made.
McNealy
 player, 68 posts
 Gnome Alchemist
 10/10 hp 11/11 f
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 22:52
Re: Seekers of the Flame
OOC Either McNealy is waving a flag in the air, or he does want to throw a rock at something.  When we find the something.

He does have lights he can throw if needed.  If no one was working on this already, he will take action on his own.

Jednesa
 player, 495 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Tue 15 Sep 2020
at 03:53
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa shifts her weight, bearing down on the invisible great cat, attempting a takedown.



OOC:  Attack, Takedown.

23:49, Today: Jednesa rolled 12 using 3d6.  Quick Contest Takedown, Power Grappling 32MoS +20

The Triger invisible three headed great cat makes a DX, ST, or Grappling skill roll whichever is highest, has to beat an MoS +20...

Narrator
 GM, 8163 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 17:44
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 618):

Basuc Characters  193:
Expert skill, Natural Philosophy is not Naturalist.  It is the Science! Skill for TL 1-4, and my ruling is that it lets you recognize unnatural creatures that Natura]list would not; chimeraic and mythological creatures, essentially monsters, like slorn and slimes and the like, but not good for anything that has its own hidden lore.


Those with naturalist  recognize from the burning outline and footprints that these are some type of great cat... except you cannot see them, which is weird.

Attempts to hit the burning one are at -4, but cannot be worse than 9, the other one is -10, but cannot be worse than 9
Jednesa
 player, 496 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 20:55
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Narrator:
Basuc Characters  193:
Expert skill, Natural Philosophy is not Naturalist.

Ah.  My bad.  Noted: 'need whole other skill for Jareth'...

Narrator:
Attempts to hit the burning one are at -4, but cannot be worse than 9, the other one is -10, but cannot be worse than 9

OOC:  And sidenote boss:  Do you mean the the non-burning one is also "cannot be worse than 9" or do you mean "cannot be better than 9" (I thought 'invisibility' made it into a Wild Swing if you couldn't pinpoint the hex, which is "max skill roll is reduced to 9" after all penalties/bonuses).

This message was last edited by the player at 20:59, Thu 17 Sept.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 1961 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 21:06
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 622):

Can we determine the Hex the one that is not burning is in?
McNealy
 player, 69 posts
 Gnome Alchemist
 10/10 hp 11/11 f
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 21:25
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Given the confusion, Alchemist McNealy decides that they need more light.  He swaps out his bullet for another vial...
Emma Wilson
 player, 44 posts
 Priestess of Helios
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 21:27
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to McNealy (msg # 624):

Emma continues moving her light to try to locate the second cat...
Elaina Grattan
 player, 52 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 21:42
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Elaina, whip handle drawn back for a strike, holds as she sees Jednesa wrestling the barely discernible burning form to the ground.

"Get 'im, Nessy!"
Masugatan
 player, 404 posts
 street thug
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 22:09
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan goes with Emma, ready to step in-between her and any danger they might discover.
Narrator
 GM, 8169 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 00:13
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 622):

I would go with wild swing is 9, once you guess the hex... in the near dark you have per-6 to spot the footprints or to licate it by hearing it. Then you can wild swing.
Emma Wilson
 player, 45 posts
 Priestess of Helios
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 01:16
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Narrator (msg # 628):

The light spell I am using to try to locate it should assist with that...she is moving the light through the hexes to see if it bumps into something...

This message was last edited by the player at 01:17, Yesterday.