Seekers of the Flame.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Jednesa
 player, 413 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 06:12
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Christine Bjorn:
Does that not also work against spellstones and potions?

OOC:  Neither make a roll, so neither are directly affected.  However, she has to make a HT+MR and fail for Potions to work; against Spellstones only if they have a Resistance Roll (which none of them do as they are all meant to be used by the wielder).

So upon reflection... there is a damned good chance potions will fizzle (which I didn't think about when she took the Healing Potion as loot)... so she needs to start stocking up on Gems of Healing.  Or pick up Regeneration, somehow...

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 06:13, Wed 19 Feb 2020.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 1829 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 06:51
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 56):

Created an Ally on standby with the appropriate perks if we cant work out something else. An appropriate fire god would be suitable for an ally of Christine...I think I still have cp I can use for her, right Narrator?
Evelina Grattan
 player, 17 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 10:01
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa:
OOC:  Something else to be wary of if you cast a spell on Jednesa, she has MR 3, so you're at -3 to your spell checks.


That's inconvenient, but not breaking.  If the spell fails, it only costs 1 FP; both can spare one on that (and with net skill 10, we have a 50% chance of success each casting).  Nor does that change our fumble rate.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1830 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 10:21
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 58):

Unless you have the Huge Subject perk, they will cost 3 fp for even the basic healing spells...
Jednesa
 player, 414 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 11:32
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Christine Bjorn:
Unless you have the Huge Subject perk, they will cost 3 fp for even the basic healing spells...

OOC:  The rules say "If success would have cost energy, you lose one energy point; otherwise, you lose nothing."  So I don't think the times 3 is applied in a failure (unless it was Information spell as well, as Information spells cost the full value even in a failure).

This message was last edited by the player at 22:10, Wed 19 Feb 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 7425 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 14:39
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 57):

Let's  look at acquiring an ally along with the spell, a suitably impressed temple guardian works well.
Mcnealy
 NPC, 4 posts
 Gnomic artificer
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 15:26
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Narrator (msg # 61):

Alice departs, and the gnome has signed on.
Do whatever shopping you need (Camilla will arrange for Jednesa to gave her harness repaired and the wagon supplied with group basics and some rations suitable for the ogress.
All regroup the next morning.
Valerie
 NPC, 1 post
 Barfly
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 15:49
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Mcnealy (msg # 62):

Masugatan wakes up in the Shady Lady to the scent of frying bacon. His bed looks like more than one person slept in it, and once he comes down to eat, the barmaid serves him, winks, and says "Let me go pack. Be ready by the time you finish."
Masugatan
 player, 330 posts
 street thug
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 20:48
Re: Seekers of the Flame
“You’re coming with me?  You know it’ll be dangerous, right?”

But what did it matters?  All was right with the world, as long as you got bacon.
Elaina Grattan
 player, 4 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 23:21
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Been a while since we slept in a common room, Holiness.  No stones or roots, I could get used to it."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 19 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 23:23
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Don't get too used to it, Holy Sister.  We need to advance the cult, and that will inevitably mean we get a place of our own, with actual beds, at some point."
Valerie
 NPC, 2 posts
 Barfly
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 20:45
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 64):

A few minutes later, she returns, wearing travelling leathers, including a light helm and a cuirasse set with metal plates and studs, and she carries a bedroll, a spiked mace, a knife and a throwing axe.

"Alright Sug, let's go kick some tail!"
Evelina Grattan
 player, 22 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:30
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Evelina notices the armed and armored woman with Masugatan.

"Good morning to you!  I am Holiness Evelina Grattan, Queen of the Frog God cult -- but while we travel together, you may call me Evelina, or just Evvie."

She gestures toward the other, very similar looking woman with her.  "This is Holy Sister Elaina Grattan, First Acolyte.  Before she was Holy Sister, but just my little sister, I used to call her Lainie."
Valerie
 NPC, 3 posts
 Barfly
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 22:29
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 68):

"And I am Valerie, lately of the Shady Lady Inn and Tavern, on my way to kick tail and line my pockets with coin."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:33, Fri 21 Feb 2020.

Evelina Grattan
 player, 23 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 23:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"That's more or less what we have in mind, too.  We need to enrich our cult.  Ideally, I'd like to see us buy a nice piece of swamp front land and build a temple, but we'll start with renting something in town, if we can raise the coin."
Elaina Grattan
 player, 5 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 00:01
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"I once heard someone say something about doing well by doing good.  That's us, we hope."
Masugatan
 player, 331 posts
 street thug
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 00:18
Re: Seekers of the Flame
“When I do well, I’ll do lots of good.  The brothel and tavern segment of the economy will get lots of stim, anyway.”

Or is it ‘ecomony’?  He hoped he’d gotten it right.
Jednesa
 player, 418 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 01:04
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa just waits by the cart for everyone to be assembled and ready to go.  There are five barrels and two chests lashed to it with rope and a tarp partially tied down covering it.
Evelina Grattan
 player, 24 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 12:26
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Queen Evelina and Holy Sister Elaina slip off their heavy packs and spend a few moments ensuring they won't shift or fall off the cart.

"We've seen a couple other ogres around Northport just since we arrived -- there's 'elga the Henormous who works for the city, and that fellow at the Guild. didn't catch his name -- but they seem more, um, city-bred.  I think I like you better, Jednesa.  I'm looking forward to this journey."
Jednesa
 player, 419 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 12:48
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa smiles at Evelina, "Small ogre better for city.  Mountain tribes not have city ways." She sighs, "Small man from Camilla say Jednesa wear this while in city."

She plucks at the sailcloth poncho and skirt she is wearing.  "That why Jednesa just sitting, not moving.  Everything weak in city, break when Jednesa move and if not careful."
Mcnealy
 NPC, 5 posts
 Gnomic artificer
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:19
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 75):
The tiny alchemis pipes up:
"I had best watch my step around you, as should Bucephalos, my steed. It is good to have a woman of your... stature on our side."
Masugatan
 player, 332 posts
 street thug
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 00:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
“You could move on me if you want.  I won’t break.”

And if I do, who cares?
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1832 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 11:36
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 77):

"I am delighted to have you all join me on this trip. I probably should say something inspirational, but what the heck. Lets go kick some ass and learn about divination! "

With that she leads them out of the city on the start of their journey.
Evelina Grattan
 player, 25 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 12:49
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Once we're away from the city, you can wear what you like, as far as I'm concerned."  Elaina nods agreement and smiles.

The sisters fall in behind the cart, setting their pace to match the slowest of the group (likely themselves, however).
Narrator
 GM, 7443 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 16:33
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 78):

As you head toward the Merchant gate, Christine feels something tugging st ger sleeve.


Make a will roll.