Seekers of the Flame.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1847 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:10
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 105):

"I am Christine, and I am told I look a lot like Marie. I am a mage, and I and my friends are headed out of town for a bit. Why don't you join us?"
Emma Wilson
 player, 3 posts
 Priestess of Helios
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:14
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 106):

"I, uhhh. Ok then. Mind if I stop by a merchant on the way and get some food? Can I leave this small bundle with anyone so I can be a bit quicker, and meet you at least the town gate?"

She holds up a tent and blanket, tied together with string.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1848 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 04:16
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 107):

"Sure. I will come with you. Jednessa, why don't you guys head to the gate, and we will see you there shortly... after I find out a bit about her..."
Masugatan
 player, 338 posts
 street thug
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 02:51
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan shrugs and gets ready to head to the gate.  He just hopes the girls donít get into some heavy shopping while they wait.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1849 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 03:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 109):

After a quick meal and purchasing more, Emma and Christine arrive at the gate at about the same time as the rest of the group.
Narrator
 GM, 7481 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 14:35
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 110):

Together, you head out through thr Merchant's gate, with a plan to head south and then slightly eastward. The poor folk outside the wall retreat into their shanties at the sight of the ogress. Agead lies a road past fields of .barley and lavender, and you can see the treeline of the once bandit filled woods. Masugatan, Christine, and Jednesa  all know this route. If they continued due south, they would eventually  reach the Abbey, if they took the eastern fork, they would pass through Balar's old camp, which is the direction to take.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1850 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:07
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Narrator (msg # 111):

Not knowing much about Balar, and with the problem resolved anyway, they head out past his old campsite.
Jednesa
 player, 424 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:09
Re: Seekers of the Flame
As soon as they clear the gates and get far enough away as to not be in the shadow of the city, Jednesa stops, carefully takes off the skirt, gently folds it, and puts it in one of the two chests.

She seems to stand taller* and move more freely, not having to worry about destroying the "pretty dress" (or the buildings, or bystanders, etc).




OOC:  She is wearing a loincloth and the poncho.  She'd take the poncho off too, but it's under her harness, so it's a bit more involved.  Besides, it won't survive the mission.

* To her full 11' 6".  She tends to slouch and scrunch down in the city.

Evelina Grattan
 player, 29 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:50
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Well, look at you!"  Evelina gives Jednesa a grin.  "You look more yourself already!"
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1851 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:54
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 114):

"Yes indeed! Freedom is underrated! There is something nice about being out of the city!"
Masugatan
 player, 339 posts
 street thug
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 01:21
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan, confident in his toughness, offers to take point.  If a black arrow must strike someone in their party, let it be him!
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1852 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 01:43
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 116):

Offer accepted...
Valerie
 NPC, 4 posts
 Barfly
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 21:16
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 116):

"You keep some weird friends, between the Frog sisters, the ogre stripper, the invisible  beggar and the blue elf and her clay knight.  I swear she looks like Marie, but she doesn't sound like her. Mind if I walk with you?"
Elaina Grattan
 player, 8 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 23:23
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"We're the Grattan sisters, actually.  Holiness and I are the priestesses of the Frog God, but we were sisters before we learned about him."
Masugatan
 player, 340 posts
 street thug
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 09:41
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Assuming heís the one being spoken to, Masugatan has no objections to some company.  This isnít usually a big problem for him, however.
Valerie
 NPC, 5 posts
 Barfly
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:29
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 120):

Valerie, walking ahead of the group with Masugatan, was speaking to him.

The woods are fairly quiet, and while the road is not in good repair, there are signs of very deep mule prints coming through this way; Masugatan would remember why.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1853 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:34
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Valerie (msg # 121):

Christine is happy for company as long as she does not hear about Marie...
Masugatan
 player, 341 posts
 street thug
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 23:25
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan sighs as he sees the deep mule prints.  Such sweet memories they bring back...
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1854 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 05:25
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 123):

"Is there a story, Masugatan?"
Masugatan
 player, 342 posts
 street thug
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 08:17
Re: Seekers of the Flame
ďA long one.  About a girl, and a wretched young hero who sacrificed a princely fortune just watch her steal his heart and ride away on a mule.  Not that Iím butter.Ē
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1855 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 08:27
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 125):

"Do tell..."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 30 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 08:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"I agree, a good story will pass the time as we walk."
Masugatan
 player, 343 posts
 street thug
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 01:32
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan momentarily closes his eyes and sighs dramatically.  "Would you pluck this tale from me like a jagged arrowhead from my heart?  Very well, then.  Her name was Lisa.  Her eyes were silken orbs.  Her breasts were silken orbs too, only way bigger.  And the way she walked... it's like she had two gelatinous cubes stuffed down her pants.  Anyway, she was the princess, and I was a mere stable boy who was put in charge of her favorite pony.  She named him 'Bologna.'  One day she came in while I was greasing his sides up, and the moment she saw me her cheeks lit up bright pink.  She pretended not to see me, but I knew she had.  And boy oh boy, did I see her..."
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1856 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 08:15
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 128):

Christine just waited for him to keep going...wondering if she was going to regret asking...
Elaina Grattan
 player, 9 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 09:02
Re: Seekers of the Flame
The two sisters pass a cryptic look, and Elaina partially stifles a giggle.