Seekers of the Flame.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Evelina Grattan
 player, 40 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 23:00
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"So, leftovers from a defeated group of robbers and bandits?  Unless there are many of them, they're barely a threat to us.  If they intended to ambush us, they should have closed the trap as soon as the first arrow was fired."
Jednesa
 player, 433 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 00:12
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa carefully unwraps her hand from the bandits face, giving it room to speak (and breathe) but not letting go of the bandit's head.

"Why you shoot Mossygotten?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:40, Fri 10 Apr 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 7614 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 16:44
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 182):

"That bastid killed me matey!"
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1868 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 22:22
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Narrator (msg # 183):

"They were bandits. Tell me why we should not finish what he started."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 41 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 09:01
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Evelina looks back toward the city to judge the distance.

"The city guards don't come this far out, do they?  I think we should just break his legs and leave him here under the tree.  Maybe some of his fellow bandits will rob him before he dies.  Or maybe he'll live as a crippled beggar."

Her Holiness considers for a moment.

"No, we can't do that.  It would be kinder to just execute him.  Or we could break all his arrows, take his other weapons, and just leave him here.  Holy Sister, what would they do to a bandit back home?"
Elaina Grattan
 player, 15 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 09:02
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Holiness, I don't recall them ever capturing one alive.  They always seemed to get shot while resisting arrest.  Sheriff Ward was a really good shot, but lacked patience, I think."
Valerie
 NPC, 8 posts
 Barfly
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:29
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 186):

"Strip his weapons and boots."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 42 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:40
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Her Holiness brightens.  "Yes, that's even better!  He won't be able to keep up with us without boots, but we're still close enough to town that he can most likely make it there."
Masugatan
 player, 352 posts
 street thug
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 05:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
ďIf we ainít gonna kill him, can we at least tie him up and suspend him upside down from a tree?  By the time he gets out of that, I figure heíll be too tired to mess with us again.  Although to be honest, I like the idea of breaking his legs better.Ē
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1869 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 09:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 188):

"Can't say I trust him, but I don't think we can just rob him either. I can justify taking his weapons, but not his boots. Let's just take his weapons and take him back to the town guard. It is not like we have a time limit..."
Elaina Grattan
 player, 16 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:51
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Does Northport not execute bandits, then?  How is that better than breaking his legs or taking his boots?"
Valerie
 NPC, 9 posts
 Barfly
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 16:13
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 191):

"Northport sells em into indentured servitude, and the guild buys up a lot of those contracts, and work them as heavies when guildmembers go on proficiency runs with padded weapons."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 43 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 21:39
Re: Seekers of the Flame
The two sisters look nonplussed, then Evelina speaks up.  "Perfect!"
Jednesa
 player, 434 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 00:21
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Go back to boring town?  Jednesa say just kill him and move on."  She looks longingly down the road away from town.

She gives the bandit a little shake, "Attack Mossygotten first, is okay kill in defense yes?"
Elaina Grattan
 player, 17 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 09:09
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Jednesa, he's no longer a threat to us.  If he'd died when he fell out of the tree, that would have been 'in defense' but if we kill him now, it's just murder.

"If we were days from the nearest town, it might be different -- he'd be likely to try us again, and he might hurt one of us, or even kill one when he does.  He'd still be a threat, of sorts.  But here, we can turn him over to the guards and go our way, they won't kill him because the city profits from selling his indenture.  Indentures aren't permanent, so he isn't even really a slave.

"And if the guards won't take him, we can just bring him back here, take his weapons and his boots, and walk away.  All it'll cost us is an hour or so of extra walking."

Jednesa
 player, 435 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 13:57
Re: Seekers of the Flame
"Grmmph.  Too many word.  Fiiiine, not kill now."

She turns the bandit to face her and looks him in the eye, "Do what God Sisters say or Jednesa kill you."  She grins and licks her lips.

Then she sets him down in front the sisters, "All yours," she mutters and starts turning the wagon around to trudge slowly back to town.




OOC: 09:42, Today: Jednesa rolled 9 using 3d6.  Intimidation 13  (Skill 7 + 3 Monster + 2 Hideous + 1 Penetrating Voice).

MoS +4.

Evelina Grattan
 player, 44 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 08:50
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Evelina retrieves the handle of her whip and, with a twitch, loosens it from the bandit's leg.

"You heard the lady.  We don't want to just kill you, or break your legs and leave you here to possibly die of thirst -- but we don't want you causing any more trouble while we take you back to turn over to the guards, either.

"Have you heard of 'parole'?  Do you understand what it is?"

Masugatan
 player, 353 posts
 street thug
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 18:51
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan shrugs and gets ready to move on.  He thinks this is probably a mistake, but heíll abide by the groupís decision.

Funny how being in the mercenary business could civilize a fellow.
Mcnealy
 player, 6 posts
 Gnomic artificer
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 19:22
Re: Seekers of the Flame
OOC  New driver for McNealy getting ready to take over.  Just finalizing the character.  Very complex build, just need to finish negotiating a potion list with the big boss.
Narrator
 GM, 7645 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 16:03
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Mcnealy (msg # 199):

Y'all heading back or leaving him bootless and unarmed?

McNealy, send me a pm
Jednesa
 player, 437 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 20:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Narrator:
Y'all heading back or leaving him bootless and unarmed?

The trio of lovely ladies (Christine, Evelina, and Elaina) have decided to turn the adventure around and go back to Northport to turn the bandit over to the Authority.

To that end Jednesa was outvoted.

McNealy
 player, 7 posts
 Gnomic artificer
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 22:47
Re: Seekers of the Flame
OOC I have posted what looks to be the final character for the GM to review.  I need his various brews and equipment, but I think the points are done.

[Private to GM: I think a quirk will for him to be addressed as "Alchemist McNealy".  I think he will want the title since he has worked so hard for it with no help.  Mind one more minor change?]
Evelina Grattan
 player, 45 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 23:29
Re: Seekers of the Flame
Indeed, if Evelina is able to extract the prisoner's parole (against the consequence of being turned back over to Jednesa) not to attempt to escape or harm anyone while we do so, we'll march him back to the gates or wherever within we can find a guard or squad of guards to turn him over to.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1871 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 22:59
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 203):

Indeed, much as Christine would like to get rid of him, she feels morally obliged to return him to town, and the to get moving.

"I am sure we will get our chance to kill a lot, Nessy. Let us do the right thing, else we be no better than those we fight, except we win..."
Guardsman
 NPC, 41 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 13:54
Re: Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 204):
You march him back toward the gates, espying another party taking the south road...
The guardsmen bristle as Jednesa apporoaches, but relax when they see the rest of your group.