Seekers of the Flame.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 7390 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:58
Seekers of the Flame
Once a crew is assembled,  Christine, Jednesa, Masugatan and others will be heading deep into Sonne to find the oracle of shrine to an eternal flame.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1796 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 22:35
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Narrator (msg # 1):

"Before we go, I just wanted to talk about hiring a healer, and discussing payment. I have no real cash, but there are said to be creature have have gathered massive fortunes there. I am willing to offer full shares are rewards, and I will take the last choice of magic items in the distribution of shares. In situations where a single item is worth more than a share, the group would need to agree, or the person getting the valuable item can repay the group for the extra amount.

Jednessa and I will discuss provisions, but I expect to make them magically, but to take some spares just in case. Thoughts?
"
Camilla
 player, 87 posts
 Guild Broker
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 20:41
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 2):

"I can attend to acruing supplies on behalf of Jednesa. In the meantime,  there are a few candidates for healer. One is Alice Abernathy,  priestess of Vejovis,  and the other is Mcnealy,  a gnome who specializes in brewing healing potions... and explosives."
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1801 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 20:55
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Camilla (msg # 3):

"Both sound interesting. If they are willing to accept my terms, please send them to speak with me."
Masugatan
 player, 322 posts
 street thug
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 00:46
Seekers of the Flame
“Thoughts?  Sorry, ain’t got any.”
Camilla
 player, 88 posts
 Guild Broker
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 03:45
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 4):

"I can get them into my conference room for you to interview. Let us go there, and I will have Bellarius send for them."



You head up to the large conference room and get settled.

A few minutes later, there is a knock on the door.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1807 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 04:00
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Camilla (msg # 6):

"Please, come in..."
Alice Abernathy
 NPC, 1 post
 Acolyte of Vejovis
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 17:53
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 7):

A woman in black robes and a goat medallion and carrying a staff steps in.
"Good afternoon, and blessings from below."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:53, Tue 11 Feb.

Mcnealy
 NPC, 1 post
 Gnomic artificer
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 17:59
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Alice Abernathy (msg # 8):

Behind the woman in black, and lower to the ground, is a gnome with a sharp beard and goggles.

"Greetings and Salutations! I am Hugh McNealy, travelling alchemist at large."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:33, Tue 11 Feb.

Masugatan
 player, 323 posts
 street thug
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 19:00
Seekers of the Flame
Masugatan suddenly realizes he really, really likes Alice's goat medallion.  He seems fixated on it.  In fact, if there was a Quest for Alice's Medallion, he'd probably be first in line, even if he had to go in with no equipment other than boxers and a torch.

He tries to express his appreciation of Alice's taste in jewelry, but somehow the words just come out wrong.  His tongue is caught in a trap!

At long last, he manages, "Whoa."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:03, Tue 11 Feb.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 1808 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 19:19
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Alice Abernathy (msg # 8):

"Good Afternoon Alice and Hugh.

Basically the situation is this: I am seeking the eternal flame in order to learn how to divine. A cult has been going around killing diviners, and there are many folk who are investigating this, but the cult remains hidden. However, I figure I can get them to come to me if I learn how to divine.

In order to do that, I need to go to the eternal flame. The road is dangerous, and many creatures on the way have killed many a traveler. Whilst I cannot offer any reward up front, I am looking for companions skilled in healing us to come with myself and my few friends for an equal share in what is found. Is this what you are looking for also?
"
Alice Abernathy
 NPC, 2 posts
 Acolyte of Vejovis
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 20:29
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Alice Abernathy (msg # 8):

"I might need to be staked out for supplies, as Vejovis offers healing and justice for the downtrodden, but usually leaves it to the bakers to bring them bread."
Mcnealy
 NPC, 2 posts
 Gnomic artificer
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 20:40
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Mcnealy (msg # 9):

"I can acquire my own provisions, and transport them along with my portable laboratory and smithy with the aid of Belasco, my trusty steed.  If we are to face the guardians of the temple of flame, some fire resistance potions would be in order. As luck would have it, I recently  came into possession of some essential salts from a flame lord that I got from.... you, wasn't it?
Masugatan
 player, 324 posts
 street thug
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 21:49
Seekers of the Flame
Do any of us have a high merchant skill?  Maybe we could do a batch haggle, if so.
Jednesa
 player, 403 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:13/13
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 22:26
Seekers of the Flame
Jednesa just sits waiting semi-patiently as they negotiate.  She occasionally mutters, "dragon" cracks her knuckles, and smiles broadly.

This message was undeleted by the player at 22:31, Wed 12 Feb.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 1810 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 22:57
Seekers of the Flame
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 15):

"Yes, it was me with the flame lord salts. I am happy to create food."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 1 post
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 00:42
Seekers of the Flame
Two tallish human women enter the large conference room with Bellarius, who passes
documents to Camilla,  who nods.
The two women are clad in leather, carrying coiled whips and small shields, as well as large backpacks.  Their features are strikingly similar; the most visible difference is that one is barely shorter and a little younger than the other.

The taller, older woman scans the room.  Her gaze quickly settles on blue hair, and she strides over to the table, the younger one on her heels.  She hauls her helmet off her short, curly blonde hair, revealing her pale complexion and violet eyes.

"You must be Christine.  Eamon said I might find you here.

"I'm Evelina Grattan, Queen of the Frog God Cult.  This is Holy Sister Elaina Grattan, my acolyte and little sister."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:00, Sat 15 Feb.