Out of Character 9.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1935 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 02:06
Re: Out of Character 9
Ardenas Barehand:
Wheee!  I just looked up Create Gate (figuring your psionic ability probably has similar abilities and costs).  That's one expensive spell to cast, even though you don't need access to both sides like you did in 3rd ed.

Actually, don't tell anyone, but Jareth is using the spells.  As a cultist they're Psionic spells, so independent of Mana and Sanctity... and they cost a bit more FP.  And might, ah, summon an Elder Thing.

So basically Psionics just using the spells system, which is less exp and simpler.
Narrator
 GM, 7494 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:22
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 186):

Just to clarify for the temple hill group, The area of temple hill is about the same as little Shevnia, and while the population is less, they can get into dockside, artisinal, or merchant in under half an hour.
Johan Faustus
 NPC, 21 posts
 Questionable vendor
 Of occult supplies
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 00:36
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Narrator (msg # 187):

"Finally! some one asked what things cost."
Grimaldi
 player, 618 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 01:16
Re: Out of Character 9
Grimaldi found the shop acceptable to exist. though a bigger fan of order, in the chaotic shop he saw a place where vigilante/hunters frequented. he didn't find it evil enough to justify attacking the staff or shopkeeper on sight. if demons attacked first, it would have triggered his blood lust, them being legitimate foes. He doesn't trust the merchandise and suspects hidden contracts abound, and/or cursed items. demon lore would reveal the etiquette and laws of demon contracts, and tricks..

This message was last edited by the player at 01:52, Sun 08 Mar.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1671 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:33
Re: Out of Character 9
lol the motorola 3200 is the "zack morris" phone.
Ryojin
 player, 48 posts
 Martial artist
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 18:52
Re: Out of Character 9
Haveron Stormwal:
Haveron frowns back at Gareth and speaks more sternly.  "Gareth, who is this, and how does he appear out of no where, knowing who you are, in the middle of our journey?  I fear whatever magic is at play could attract the attention of our target.  Like I said, I would like an explanation of whatever just happened here."



Seems like you are missing some info that is already in play.

Var is Berry's servant, not Gareth's, and Berry already answered your question as to who Var is. Gareth was asking the same question you had.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 355 posts
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 20:00
Re: Out of Character 9
Yes and no.

The description of Var's appearance states he is Berry's apprentice.

quote:
There is a loud bang and a puff of greasy sulpherous smoke, and Berry's servant stumbles into the clearing, bleeding heavily from his shoulder.


In response, Gareth responds with something that sounds like some sort of entitlement or ownership:

quote:
Where the hell have you been?


Berry on the other hand, speaks to Var more like they are familiar with each other:

quote:
I think Gareth is just defaulting to a cautious response when faced with something sudden. Var, if you carry one of these weird stones back to sell you can probably make some cash. Also we are engaging in technically not grave robbing now. I assume you approve.


As a player I know Var belongs to Berry.  In character, Haveron probably does not really understand the organization of it all.  Gareth spoke with much more authority than Berry did, so he seemed more owner than Berry.  It seemed like a reasonable interpretation of the situation to me.
Ryojin
 player, 49 posts
 Martial artist
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 20:26
Re: Out of Character 9
But Var has interacted with the group on several occasion already, Var is not an unknown variable.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 357 posts
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 22:17
Re: Out of Character 9
As a gentle remember, I came into this character later.  Berry has called Var in back alleys, in the other room, and generally while Haveron has not been around.  It may be that I missed it happening when Haveron was present, and if so that's on me.  You may be correct that Haveron "should have known".
Narrator
 GM, 7502 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 23:00
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 194):

This is also the first time Var has made a dramatic appearance. Typically he has done this trick out of sight, which suggests a dire situation transpired.


I am probably going to be posting infrequently this week.
Gareth
 player, 578 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 05:20
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Narrator (msg # 195):

Gareth does not miss the opportunity to put Haveron back in his place, though, as he feels Haveron has been giving him an unnecessarily rough time! Hence I took the chance to role play it!
Narrator
 GM, 7507 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 13:56
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Gareth (msg # 196):

Posting while I can
Clarence Montague
 player, 283 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 09:13
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Narrator (msg # 197):

Kind of tempted to take Clarence on a whirl in Blades world...a light mage vs Vampyres, though his skill is the lowest of any mage! But he does have several sunlight spells...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1006 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 09:21
Re: Out of Character 9
And now Mario has to figure out (or guess) whether the demon is immune to silver as well as ordinary arrows, or just has enough DR to turn the point -- and whether it matters.
Narrator
 GM, 7512 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 13:49
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 199):

Try an eye shot.

Hope everyone stays healthy, should be posting again by monday, will tey in the interrum.
Narrator
 GM, 7514 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 14:44
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Narrator (msg # 200):

Might want an orc or two for the new thread. Fighter/thief types welcome, also agent/veteran
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 539 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 15:28
Re: Out of Character 9
I was tempted to have Nodwin stay with Blade too.  His curiosity is only at 5 points though, and he has an equally strong drive to protect his group.  You could argue weirdness magnet either way.  The deciding point was just how far he is in over his head.  His discomfort level probably went through the roof going from medieval to modern in the blink of a door closing.  Nodwin is more broad-minded than most, but it still seemed like too much.

From a metagaming standpoint, the GM is already stretched with additional work stuff going on.  I think Nodwin would have returned to the group anyway, but as the player I also wanted to limit how much we're asking of the GM.  Let's be honest, it's a demanding gig, otherwise we wouldn't see so many games die.
Clarence Montague
 player, 284 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 19:05
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 202):

Good point. Narrator, what would you prefer? Did you want to try a modern stint?
Syvanus
 player, 876 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 20:45
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Narrator (msg # 201):

I will apply... good with a bow, OK with a sword.

Will replace his two alchemical arrows and buy 4 silver arrows.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1007 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 22:20
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Narrator (msg # 200):

Eye shots (-9) take time to aim a couple rounds or the chance of a miss is near 50%.  Vitals I can do standing on my head (almost literally).
Narrator
 GM, 7515 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 23:16
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 205):

You are with another archer, and between you and Mellarill,  you might accomplish something.

Thank you for not starting a modern adventure,  but I was thinking of it...

Actually, Ullo could come back for the shopping trip... and I have a reason for her to cooperate. But I need at least two orcs, and one could be an npc. Syvanus would be welcome; there are already two fighter-spellcaster types
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 1008 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 08:50
Re: Out of Character 9
Mellarill's been so quiet I forgot she was there...
Narrator
 GM, 7518 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 11:39
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 207):

Also Jocelyn has an attack that bypasses DR: magic bolt
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 463 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 19:30
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Narrator (msg # 208):

But she is by the door we came in through with Mell and Brodak ... not sure what she can see with the shelves in the way, although always willing to help.
Narrator
 GM, 7532 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 18:54
Re: Out of Character 9
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 209):

Posted some trade related rulings let me know what you think


link to a message in this game