Chicago by night.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 7485 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 17:33
Chicago by night
Nodwin and Clarence follow the Tough Customer through the glass door...

The place is strange, and you hear growling  and a distant rat ta ta sound.

The paving/ pothole/paving pattern continues for many yards in either direction, and there appear to be intersections. The buildings here sre five stories high, with sn abundance of glass, and strange towers rise in the distance...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 533 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 17:46
Chicago by night
Nodwin is sure to look around and make note of the door they came out of.  They needed to get back after all.  Then, he asks "How will we find this again, stranger?  And what is your name?  I am called Nodwin."
Clarence Montague
 player, 276 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:39
Chicago by night
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 2):

"and Clarence..." he adds, looking around, making sure they stay close. He senses the mama around.

"Hunting Vampyre, right?"
Customer
 NPC, 7 posts
 Strangely dressed
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 02:20
Chicago by night
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 3):

The man grins pointily and holds up onebof his wooden throwing knives
"Vampires are a plague on mankind and must be destroyed. They call me Blade."


Mana right here is low.
Clarence Montague
 player, 277 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 03:59
Chicago by night
In reply to Customer (msg # 4):

"Right. Good to meet you. Just to be clear, Vampires are killed by Sunlight and Wooden stakes in the heart, right? Tell us more about this world, and what we can expect?"
Tough Customer
 NPC, 8 posts
 Strangely dressed
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 20:45
Chicago by night
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 5):

"You can expect no help from the authorities, Hell, the Po Po would shoot us dead in the street as soon as look at us.
 The people in power either don't believe in the undead, or are under their sway...
 Hold on I have to take this."
a strange musical sound comes from under his coat, and
he withdraws a metallic square that he flips open, revealing a glowing flat surface not unlike
 the Ymid's tablet, and speaks into it. you can faintly hear a voice coming from it, as if
someone very small was imprisoned within the device.
"Yeah, I got the goods, not sure if our supplier will be available much longer,
 he was having trouble on his end. Picked up a couple of strays as well, real fish outta water though."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:46, Sat 07 Mar.

Clarence Montague
 player, 278 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:06
Chicago by night
In reply to Tough Customer (msg # 6):

"Uh, what is that?"

Given the current predicament, he was not about to argue with the reference to a fish out of water...
Tough Customer
 NPC, 9 posts
 Strangely dressed
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:13
Chicago by night
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 7):

"It is a Motorola 3200, the latest thing"
Clarence Montague
 player, 279 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 05:31
Chicago by night
In reply to Tough Customer (msg # 8):

"Uhh, a what? How does it work? A captured spirit?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 536 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 18:09
Chicago by night
Nodwin has mostly been standing on the hard surface underfoot while he takes in the area around him.

There are lights on long metal extensions over the multi-leveled stone walkway.  Carriages with some sort of alien wheels were all around them.  The buildings were some sort of colored stone with clear shimmering mirror-like openings they could look through.  Other lights were all over, with many colors, and symbols he could not fathom.

What he really had not anticipated was the pure volume of noise that he was experiencing.  There were honks, and shrieks, and the low rumbling of something large in the distance.  Some of the carriages were moving, and they sometimes squealed when they came to a stop.  Plus, there were people talking on and off, that he could hear if he listened closely.

The sheer difference of what he was experiencing compared to what he had experienced previous to this was staggering, and Nodwin found himself having problems assimilating it all.

At first Nodin responds to the stranger. "Nice to meet you Blade."

Then, with a bit of decisiveness, he addresses Clarance.  "We should return, Clarence.  Our friend is correct.  We are somewhere that we do not fit in.  I was curious what was behind the door, but this was more than I bargained for.  We need to make sure our friends are safe, too."

With that, Nodwin turns to head back through the door where they had just exited.
Clarence Montague
 player, 280 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 19:49
Chicago by night
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 10):

"But surely there is much to learn...I am not even sure we can return right way..."
Narrator
 GM, 7505 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 21:27
Chicago by night
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 11):

The building behind you also has a glassy front, although with metal bars over the large windows. Fading gold paint on the door says
We Buy and Sell Gold
  LeBail's Pawn
We Have What You Need

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 537 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 21:52
Chicago by night
Nodwin will take his leave from Blade, saying "I wish you luck, sir.  I am not well equipped for Vampyre.  It would be best for me to return to my group."  Then, he'll head through the door of the shop, or at least try to...
Clarence Montague
 player, 281 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 01:02
Chicago by night
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 13):

Clarence will watch.
Narrator
 GM, 7511 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 14:34
Chicago by night
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 14):

Nodwin returns to a scene of Chaos within...
Clarence Montague
 player, 282 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 19:07
Chicago by night
In reply to Narrator (msg # 15):

"Blade, is that door always there?"
Tough Customer
 NPC, 10 posts
 Strangely dressed
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 23:38
Chicago by night
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 16):

"The door is always there, but sometimes the shop isn't.  It has been there when I really needed it."
Clarence Montague
 player, 285 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 08:41
Chicago by night
In reply to Tough Customer (msg # 17):

"Great. Perhaps I may return sometime after proper preparation..."

He heads for the door...
Narrator
 GM, 7522 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 13:12
Chicago by night
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 18):

And returns to the shop.