Trading with Trolls 2.   Posted by Rushagorn Brokadin.Group: 0
Rushagorn Brokadin
 NPC, 22 posts
 Halforc Merchant
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 00:21
Trading with Trolls 2
The orcish merchant and his retinue  are assembling in the guild undercroft, not far from where the kobold workers are housed.
Present currently are Rushagorn, a heavily armored member of the Deepguard named Darg Wharten, the trollfolk archer Raffik, who has hideous burn scars, and a number of orcs.
Syvanus
 player, 879 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 04:45
Trading with Trolls 2
Syvanus joins this group, standing slightly to the side ... he has been in the guild long enough to have worked with lots of Orcs, Goblins and such, but still his up bringing keeps him from being warm buddies with them. Regardless, they are his team and he is prepared to fight for them as needed.
Jendrich
 player, 12 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 16:05
Trading with Trolls 2
Despite being only familiar with humans, this was a reassuring situation to Jendrich. He may have been exiled by his family and home, and he may have doubts about his own abilities, but there was still a place for guards, and for him.

With my assurance than he had for a while, he steps up to the merchant and salutes him. "Jendrich, reporting for duty, sir."
Rushagorn Brokadin
 NPC, 23 posts
 Halforc Merchant
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 17:25
Trading with Trolls 2
In reply to Jendrich (msg # 3):

"Welcome. Call me Rush. We are just getting a few things together, and we will head to the elevator. Did any of you bring trade goods you wish me to sell on your behalf?"
Syvanus
 player, 880 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 17:31
Trading with Trolls 2
I did not bring much except a gallon of honey, finding out about this task only at the last minute.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:42, Mon 16 Mar.

Jendrich
 player, 13 posts
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 02:49
Trading with Trolls 2
Jendrich looks somewhat embarrassed. "I fear I wouldn't know what to bring. And I wouldn't want to cause a delay trying to find out." Plus, with what little coins he has left, he could hardly bring anything worth mentioning.
Rushagorn Brokadin
 NPC, 24 posts
 Halforc Merchant
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 19:56
Trading with Trolls 2
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 5):

"Honey would sell very well! I have not brought any, but I  do have two bottles of mead... Jendrich,  sometimes it is hit or miss. I had brought a selection of knives, but they seem to be metalworkers. They were wild for pickled salt pork, and I hadn't expected  that."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:04, Sat 21 Mar.

Grimaldi
 player, 622 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 20:00
Trading with Trolls 2
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 5):
OOC:where are you getting your market info from? the handbook, or another source?
Grimaldi could make some money off trade goods...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:01, Tue 17 Mar.

Narrator
 GM, 7550 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 17:23
Trading with Trolls 2
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 8):

Pulled it outta thin air. Probably there is a % multiplier a lot lower, but this is both a temporary and unique situation, or the basic "rich guy buys from poor guy, sells at full price"
Grimaldi
 player, 623 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 23:02
Trading with Trolls 2
"I have a sum I'd like to invest in this trade venture. I also have a strong back to help me carry the goods. Lourdaud owes me a favor, and now is a good time to collect. I'll go find him, and pick up some trade goods. I've met the rope guild down there, and I know just what those stoners like." OOC: I put 1 point into hidden lore (magical items), 1 point into diplomacy, and 2 into merchant.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:36, Wed 18 Mar.

Lourdaud
 NPC, 31 posts
 Brute mercenary
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:09
Trading with Trolls 2
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 10):

The tattoed brute from Ashbury's Abattoir arrives, huffing as he rolls barrels of ale and salt pork.
Together you head down the rampway in the guild underworks, toward a tunnel showing recent construction, including a spike fronted bronze gate that also has a drawbridge.

Along the way you meet a group of the short bluish goblins called kobolds, chanting together with a grayish goblin in hunting gear.
Zeelzeel Shadowspear
 player, 115 posts
 join, run, or hide.
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:10
Trading with Trolls 2
In reply to Lourdaud (msg # 11):

"Look then, more seek the trolls, yes?"
Grimaldi
 player, 624 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:14
Trading with Trolls 2
Grimaldi nods.
"Yes. We're part of Brokadin's entourage, to trade in the undercity."
Jendrich
 player, 14 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 03:16
Trading with Trolls 2
As Grimaldi negotiate for his goods, Jendrich leans close to Syvanus. "So... what's the story with the Ropemaker's guild? Why are they building towers heading underground?"
Syvanus
 player, 881 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 03:27
Trading with Trolls 2
I presume they feel safer going down, rather than up in the world of others, but I truly don't know.