With Kalima.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Rosewood
 player, 217 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 11:18
Re: With Kalima
Out of nowhere a little fairy lands in the middle of the table.  He looks up at the man.  Trying to be helpful.

She is a nasty evil stinking Leprechaun.  They are even worse than frost elves.  They do very horrible thing to people they don't like.  Perosnally I would do what she says.  After doing that I would stick my tongue out at her.  Tell her she is an evil stinking Leprechaun and run away very fast.  He smiles at the man.  I am just trying to be helpful.  Anyway I am going to do what I come here to do and get out of here as quickly as I can.

The fairy turns to Gordab.
Hello Mr Gordab.  My friend Leroy du Lac need your help please.  After taking down some of the nasty humans We about to raid the nasty humans base of operation and we think we know who really behind the plans.  Would you be kind enough to come with me hand help Leroy du Lac.  With your help we can deal with them once and for all.

He smiles at Gordab.  Turn to Aoife and sticks his tongue out at her.  Then turns back to Gordab to listen to his answer.

OOC:
For the players that don't know.  I am rping a flaw.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:20, Tue 18 Jan.

Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 25 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 18:46
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 946):

the ogrekin looks over at the fight that is about to go down and sighs.
"Okay little one. looks like I fight here for no tips and risk my fiddle... Hey good looking!"
he says to the flame haired giantess with 4 arms...
Alban the lucky
 NPC, 2 posts
 former loser
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 18:47
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 947):
looking anout furtively,  the gsmbler starts to ease his chair back
Benny Morales
 player, 106 posts
 Hermetic Envoy
 HP 8/10 FP 8/12 PF 13
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 19:44
Re: With Kalima
"Lord Hermes, patron of the downtrodden and benefactor of risk-takers, lend me your divine grace that this catastrophe may be averted," Benny begins to glow softly, "and strike from your aegis all those that would engage in violence within this demesne until the next dawn."

The gentle glow fades a bit, Benny slips into a more 'rough side of town' speech pattern, "Now, as I said when we entered, we ain't here to start nothin, so pray there won't be nothin." He moves over to stand behind Alban and goes to set his hand on his shoulder, "As I said young gambler, I extend Hermes protection to you while we talk, so scoop up yer winnings, let's step outside and have a bit of jaw session about the depths of trouble you find yourself in and how to get you back out of it."



OOC:  Benny activates the Prayer "Holy Touch" (which causes the glow) and then Fast Talks about evoking some sort of "curse against anyone who commits violence in the tavern".
14:43, Today: Benny Morales rolled 12 using 3d6.  Fast Talk 13, faking a "curse against those who commit violence". [roll=1642534989.42018.341336]

Sederic
 player, 484 posts
 half elven
 HP: 11/11, FP: 15/15
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 21:36
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Benny Morales (msg # 949):

Noting the new arrival, Sederic is intrigued about the raid, as it sounds much more interesting than the non-violent stuff he is doing at the moment.

"What are these operations and plans you are talking about?"
Aoife
 player, 857 posts
 Leprechaun of Cerrunos
 HP: 4/4, FP: 12/12
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 21:38
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Sederic (msg # 950):

Aoife notes the ignorance with which the fairy speaks, and refrains from responding... for now.
Rosewood
 player, 218 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 18 Jan 2022
at 22:59
Re: With Kalima
Rosewood turns to the half elf.  As usual not knowing when to keep his mouth shut.
There is a group of human racist Purist hurting fay and half fay.  Leroy du Lac and his friends have been ask to deal with them.  They seem to like attacking people so Leroy is having to deal with them the hard way.
A very sad look crosses the fairy's face.  He then tries to be positive.   As Leroy is my friend I am helping him.

He turns to Gordab.
Would he be helpful to us? The fairy points to Sederic.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Tue 18 Jan.

Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 26 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 20:11
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 952):

"He looks to be a feyblood. This is his fight too."
Narrator
 GM, 9895 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 20:15
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Benny Morales (msg # 949):

At Benny's speech, and glow, the man who owned the cards grimaces, and slowly draws his hand from under the table.


Meanwhile, Kalima takes offense, and Norman looks surprised.
Rosewood
 player, 219 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 21:46
Re: With Kalima
Rosewood turns back to Sederic.  He bows.
I am Rosewood the fairy.  What is your name and would you like to join Gordab and me against the nasty humans.

He then for a moment turns back towards Aoife and give her a hard look.  Turn back to Sederic and smiles.

Could I ride on your shoulder Mr Gordab.  He then asks.

[Private to Aoife: Hi.  There is a good chance Aoife would know who Rosewood is or at least what special about him as a fay.  I am not sure if you know about him as a player?]
Sederic
 player, 485 posts
 half elven
 HP: 11/11, FP: 15/15
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 21:59
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 955):

"I am definitely interested. Would those in my group object to me assisting others in need in a situation more in line with my capacity?"

[OOC: Not sure if he would unbalance the party, but he as a character is much more interested in fighting than talking, due to his sword. GM, happy to follow your direction not to if it would unbalance things though. I have another character in both parties, so as a player I am impartial.

Rosewood, I also have Aoife and Anita, so well aware of Rosewood issues!]

Aoife
 player, 858 posts
 Leprechaun of Cerrunos
 HP: 4/4, FP: 12/12
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 22:03
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Sederic (msg # 956):

"Bloody dumb fairy...see who else you can insult! I think it best you leave.

Kalima, ignorance is not evil, though they often work together. Let us not be distracted by this fool.
"

[OOC: What was Kalima offended by]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1774 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 19 Jan 2022
at 23:40
Re: With Kalima
"I see no immediate reason to object, though I can't say when we might yet need your help.  It seems these others need you now, however, and as the minstrel said, in some ways it's your fight too."
Sederic
 player, 486 posts
 half elven
 HP: 11/11, FP: 15/15
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 00:53
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 958):

"I foresee this as temporary assistance, and will return when done. If you need me before then, let me know and I will come."
Kalima
 player, 123 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 15:21
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Aoife (msg # 957):

Kalima seemed to be taken aback by Benny's apparent interdiction on violence, which is her thing, and the damned gambler is looking very smug.

occ

Aoife knows Rosewood as having a bad reputation among fey, for doing something inappropriate with pixie dust.

Sederic might not unbalance the party too much, as the build comes from two 125pt templates, neither being stronger than any particular character, but point awatds might be reduced,and it may be hard for them to parley if he is included.

Gordab accepts the Pixie,  but has to drop off his fiddle and get his weapon.
Rosewood
 player, 220 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 16:24
Re: With Kalima
OOC:
For the record.  As a player I am happy for Sederic to join us.  Rosewood will make friends with anybody unless it a is Leprechaun (no offense meant to you personally Aoife).

The other two players in group.  One is Sederic so just up to Leroy du Lac, if you want ask him Sederic.

As for parley.  Knowing Anita Drake and Leroy du Lac psychopathic tendency's I don't think that an issue (player giggles).

So I am cool with what you do as long as Leroy du Lac is.

Sederic
 player, 487 posts
 half elven
 HP: 11/11, FP: 15/15
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 20:12
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 961):

[OOC: Given his restriction on not being able to shed blood already will penalise him, the slight reduction in rewards my not be that significant. I will join for now, and let Leroy du Lac object in character if he does, but they seem brothers in arms...it is certainly something he would do IC]

"Given I cannot use my weapon here, I will help them. Please call me when there is violence to be wrought for good."

Sederic joins the Fairy and his large friend/mount.
Aoife
 player, 859 posts
 Leprechaun of Cerrunos
 HP: 4/4, FP: 12/12
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 20:14
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Sederic (msg # 962):

"I still do not consider turning him into a Tuna as violence, by the way." She responds stubbornly.

"Now, you wanted to talk to him, so lets talk...and if you don't get results, then your interdiction be damned, we will."
Rosewood
 player, 221 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 20:39
Re: With Kalima
Rosewood lands on Gordab shoulder.  Somehow feeling an affinity for the big creature.
Since I left the fay world.  I notice in this world that creature have an unhealthy fascination for hurting other.  Do you know why. he ask Gordab.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:40, Thu 20 Jan.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1775 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 23:00
Re: With Kalima
Ardenas waves after Sederic.  "Good fortune to you, warrior!"

He then turns to Alban.

"Now, according to the records we're working from, you obtained something from Johan Faust in a shop that isn't always there, in exchange for a favor.

"That shop is now permanently closed, Faust is dead, and we've been tasked with finding out what you obtained, and what you agreed to, and ensuring that you don't do harm with it.  I, like Benny here, would prefer to accomplish this by asking politely -- but I'm not a follower of Hermes and the Buddha is surprisingly lenient in terms of considering the reasons for one's actions."

Benny Morales
 player, 107 posts
 Hermetic Envoy
 HP 8/10 FP 8/12 PF 13
Fri 21 Jan 2022
at 05:02
Re: With Kalima
"Before we get into all that, let's step out back so as to not air this business quite as broadly."  Benny gestures towards the backdoor.
Narrator
 GM, 9904 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 18:11
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Benny Morales (msg # 966):

Gordab, Rosewood,  and Sederic can all post in Deathtrap.

Norman exits first, to guard the alleyway against escape, Kalima steps forward to usher Alban outside, and snatching him by the shoulder, hoists him out of his chair.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:23, Tue 25 Jan.

Aoife
 player, 860 posts
 Leprechaun of Cerrunos
 HP: 4/4, FP: 12/12
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 21:34
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Narrator (msg # 967):

Aoife keeps watch for other concerns, such as the gambler hiring some muscle.
Benny Morales
 player, 108 posts
 Hermetic Envoy
 HP 8/10 FP 8/12 PF 13
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 03:11
Re: With Kalima
Once the group (and Alban) are in the alley Benny mutters a quick prayer, "Lord Hermes, pray grant me your gift that I may quickly find a way forward through this."

Then he turns to Alban, "Now, best to start at the beginning, what did you trade to Johan for the luck, and is it an item or familiar that is granting it or an infernal power now inherent in you?"


OOC: Invoking Herme's Gift.
Also GM, we're nearing 1K posts.

Narrator
 GM, 9915 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 16:24
Re: With Kalima
In reply to Benny Morales (msg # 969):

resume in Damned if you do