Tavern part 2.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Sparky
 player, 75 posts
 Skinny & hungry looking
Sun 2 Aug 2020
at 20:58
Re: Tavern part 2
Sparky maintains his flame jet and slashes at any near by Rats, bigger ones first.
Narrator
 GM, 8043 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 19:59
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 124):

No giant cave bear. See ooc thread about limits to create animal.

Sorry folks, but this is getting out of hsnd, the spell needs reining in and now.

The majority of you are 75 point neonates with absolutely no direct experience with bizzare or exotic animals. Just because a book has a stat line doesn't  mean you have access to it here.
Aine Walsh
 player, 130 posts
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 20:53
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Narrator (msg # 126):

Made the roll to make that a Brown Bear, which may be a better option anyway. Assume it uses the same stats as a Black bear, and is SM 0, if the GM accepts this.
bear
 NPC, 5 posts
 growly
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 18:57
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 127):

They are slightly smaller and I will manage stats of creations.


Meanwhile another swarm ans a giant rat are destroyed by force or arms and flame jet.
Nana Yurick
 player, 134 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 19:21
Re: Tavern part 2
Nana takes aim at a giant rat!
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 174 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 19:24
Re: Tavern part 2
15:22, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 2 using 2d6.  axe dmg. sw cut x 1.5.

15:21, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 8 using 3d6.  axe/mace ~ 13.

Sven hacks into another swarm!
Kazimir Yurick
 player, 87 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 19:32
Re: Tavern part 2
15:30, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 9 using 1d6+3.  longsword sw cut x 1.5.

15:26, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 9 using 3d6.  broadsword ~ 13 .

Kazimir advances upon another giant rat, slashing with his longsword!
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 50 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 19:37
Re: Tavern part 2
15:34, Today: Hetilda Yurick rolled 2 using 1d6-2 ((4)).

Hetty casts a bolt at the swarm her son attacked, to lend some chutzpah to the assault.
Aldous Hack
 player, 187 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 22:28
Re: Tavern part 2
Aldous makes another slash at any rat or rats within reach.
Aine Walsh
 player, 131 posts
Wed 5 Aug 2020
at 07:54
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Aldous Hack (msg # 133):

Aine instructs the bear to kill rats. All of the rats...

She stays back and holds a light.
Nana Yurick
 player, 135 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Wed 5 Aug 2020
at 10:52
Re: Tavern part 2
06:50, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 4 using 1d6.  shortbow arrow dmg, x2 impaling.

06:49, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 12 using 3d6.  bow ~ 13 (+1 aimed 1 turn) 14 or less.

After aiming, Nana looses her arrow at the giant rat!
Thorg
 player, 94 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Wed 5 Aug 2020
at 17:45
Re: Tavern part 2
He gets out of the bears way...
Narrator
 GM, 8064 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 17:11
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Thorg (msg # 136):

Variously: a swarm is dispersed,  a pair of giant rats go down, and a swarm attacks the bear, who makes short work of them.

This leaves 2 giant rats and two swarms.


Hetty has something on the stove, and hss to return upstsirs....

This adventure is for the hired help to do what she and her husband are too busy for, after all, although a more extended parley with the 'neighbors' may be in order
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 51 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 18:00
Re: Tavern part 2
"О, нет! Мой плов!"
Hetty runs frantically upstairs. It's time to flip the plov.
Thorg
 player, 95 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 18:39
Re: Tavern part 2
Thorg moves up on a giant rat and stabs with his spear.
Aine Walsh
 player, 133 posts
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 22:29
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Thorg (msg # 139):

[OOC: ROFL, My wife actually makes nice plov. It is NEVER flipped...it is cooked by gently heating the rice with water and sealing it up for the entire time it is cooked. If the seal is broken, the rice will not cook properly. Of course, if you smell something burning, it means you have the heat too high...but need to go flip the plov? LOL]

Aine holds the light for the bear to continue smashing the rat swarm, eating as many as he can!

"Gobble them up, my cute cuddly friend!", just in case the bear needs encouragement to eat. As if...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:27, Sat 08 Aug.

Oly
 player, 1244 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 00:00
Re: Tavern part 2
A Pilaf is normally fluffed after it has cooked, in the middle east.
Aine Walsh
 player, 134 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 01:26
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Oly (msg # 141):

A pilaf might be, but a plov definitely is not! I get told off in no uncertain terms if I open the lid!
Oly
 player, 1245 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 2 Guild badge
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 02:58
Re: Tavern part 2
I assumed they were similar dishes. The names are close...
Aine Walsh
 player, 135 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 04:04
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Oly (msg # 143):

Sound like not. What is pilaf?
Hetilda Yurick
 player, 52 posts
 "Hetty" Witch & Alewife
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 04:37
Re: Tavern part 2
OOC lol i know. i just thought "gonna go flip the plov" sounded funny. the flipping part has no bearing on cooking, but that's how they served it up from how i've seen them make it in ubzbekistan. they flipped the whole pot upside down, and onto a platter.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:59, Sat 08 Aug.

Svendegard Yurick
 player, 175 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 04:48
Re: Tavern part 2
plov is regional pilaf, which is a term for any rice/meat dish, popular in many cultures across eurasia and into china. it's comfort food to them, as beef-a-roni, might be to americans.
"I sure hope ma didn't burn the bottom of the plov! (the bottom layer of braised lamb and onions, becomes the top when flipped onto the serving platter. shredded carrot, with raisins, and/or prunes with rice, in 2 layers.)"
Sven is thinking about food, even as he hacks at another swarm.
00:47, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 6 using 2d6.  axe dmg. sw cut x 1.5.

00:47, Today: Svendegard Yurick rolled 7 using 3d6.  axe/mace ~ 13.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:59, Sat 08 Aug.

Nana Yurick
 player, 137 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 04:55
Re: Tavern part 2
"We got plov-head mcChlodnik over here."
00:53, Today: Nana Yurick rolled 5 using 3d6.  fast draw ~ 13 (arrow).
Nana wisecracks, as she draws and nocks another arrow, taking aim at the other giant rat.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:01, Sat 08 Aug.

Kazimir Yurick
 player, 88 posts
 Skald & Innkeeper
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 05:05
Re: Tavern part 2
01:03, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 6 using 1d6+1.  longsword thr impale x 3 (vitals).

01:02, Today: Kazimir Yurick rolled 13 using 3d6.  targeted attack [vitals] broadsword ~ 13.

Kazimir thrusts at the remaining giant rat's vitals, attempting to skewer it!
Aldous Hack
 player, 189 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 10:57
Re: Tavern part 2
Aldous returns his attention to the rats, and makes another slash at an available target.