Tavern part 2.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 7918 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:39
Tavern part 2
The basement awaits...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 155 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:45
Tavern part 2
Sven heads to where they left off....
Narrator
 GM, 7920 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:53
Tavern part 2
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 2):

You descend into the mostly well lit basement. There are three exits from the explored area; two gates to the outer corridor, and the stairs behind the secret door.
Nana Yurick
 player, 121 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 15:29
Tavern part 2
"So, do we check the corridor gate, or do we go down those secret stairs..?"
Thorg
 player, 85 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 16:28
Tavern part 2
The stairs I assume, are less traveled and more likely to have stuff.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 156 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 16:53
Tavern part 2
"Fine by me. Let's go!"
Aldous Hack
 player, 168 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 22:47
Tavern part 2
"I 'gree, down's like t' be incognito."  He pronounces the Latin word carefully.
Nana Yurick
 player, 122 posts
 Shevnian Adventuress &
 Yurick's daughter 11/11
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 01:46
Tavern part 2
"There's the old tarp, some rope from the stables, and some worn out flour sacks, that'll be good enough for hoods. We should try and lure them into a place where they can be taken one at a time. Upstairs would be a good place to lead them..where we can kick them back down if they try to come up, and we'll catch 'em one at a time!"
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 157 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 01:48
Tavern part 2
"If there's even anymore (undead) down there... Those things are getting old now, they might be kind of rare.."
Aine Walsh
 player, 109 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 23:56
Tavern part 2
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 9):

Aine heads down the stairs...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:44, Fri 03 July.

Narrator
 GM, 7925 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 17:53
Tavern part 2
In reply to Aine Walsh (msg # 10):

After pulling the lever to reopen the stairs, you head down into the dark. The air is close, as if the space were small. One at a time...marching order.
Thorg
 player, 86 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 20:57
Tavern part 2
Thorg will lead as soon as Sparky gives him a bright light source...

Sparky casts it on Thorg's buckler (Front).
Aine Walsh
 player, 110 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 21:58
Tavern part 2
In reply to Thorg (msg # 12):

Aine has a staff with continual light (daylight) cast on it already...she offers the first spot to someone a bit more solid, offering to back them up with light...
Thorg
 player, 87 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 22:06
Tavern part 2
Thorg advances, shining his light to the front ... Aine's staff provides light in all other directions I assume.
Aine Walsh
 player, 111 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 22:07
Tavern part 2
In reply to Thorg (msg # 14):

Yes, her staff is like an extra bright torch...
Aldous Hack
 player, 169 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 11:02
Tavern part 2
Aldous, lantern held high in his left hand, follows Aine down the stairs.  He pulls one of his small knives and readies it for a throw, then glances over his shoulder.

"Come on, we're likely to need all of us down there."
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 158 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 17:05
Tavern part 2
Both siblings are along, the parents are above minding the tavern, and ready to support with magic, lore, and medical treatment.
Narrator
 GM, 7935 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 21:19
Tavern part 2
In reply to Svendegard Yurick (msg # 17):

The stairs end in a small space, 2 yards wide, with a visible outline of a door in tne stone, with an iron latch and pin to one side.
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 159 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 21:33
Tavern part 2
does the area look like it's been disturbed recently?
Thorg
 player, 88 posts
 Average Height, Heavy Set
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 22:27
Re: Tavern part 2
Narrator:
The stairs end in a small space, 2 yards wide, with a visible outline of a door in tne stone, with an iron latch and pin to one side.


And this pin holds the latch closed?
Narrator
 GM, 7942 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 19:28
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Thorg (msg # 20):

The flook is thick with dust. The pin appears to be holding the latch shut.
Aine Walsh
 player, 112 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 20:16
Re: Tavern part 2
In reply to Narrator (msg # 21):

Aine will illuminate the area well...
Svendegard Yurick
 player, 160 posts
 Innkeeper's Son &
 Shevnian Adventurer 13/13
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 21:17
Re: Tavern part 2
Svendegard removes the pin, lifts the latch, and will push on the door to try and open the passage to the group.
Aldous Hack
 player, 170 posts
 Housekeeper's orphan,
 Street runner, rogue
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 23:33
Re: Tavern part 2
"Hey, Sven, ef y' c'n see th' latch, it'll work better ta pull."

As he speaks, Aldous sheaths the small knife, and draws his larger one, with a fighting grip rather than a throwing one.