The Beast of Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Balir Ironhide
 player, 363 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 00:54
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will wait sufficiently long for the animal to be long gone, and then go about his work.  He's not a butcher or a cook, but he can work with the people who do have this experience to try and get meat for the farm workers, and whatever else they might need.

OOC  Balir may be arrogant, but on this point he knows that he isn't an expert.  He'll for the most part follow directions if someone knows what they are doing.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1159 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 09:24
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 257):

Kirpich will send his stone missile at the beast as a parting gift...
Dire wolf
 NPC, 1 post
 Big and bad
 What big teeth you have
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 20:10
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 258):

You are aiming at the hindquarters of a fleeing wolf, moving at high speed. Vitals are not accessible. And due to range, you get a torso hit whichknocks the wind out of it with a yelp.
Aethul
 player, 270 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 22:33
The Beast of Veroigne
That wasn't necessary, it was fleeing Kirpich.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 132 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 25 Dec 2020
at 14:11
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 260):

"That was a bit much."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1160 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 03:13
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 261):

"It was never going to kill it at that range. But a wolf that size will hunt villagers and other humans. I wanted to make it afraid to come near humans if not remove the threat altogether. Wolfs that size are just not natural..."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 119 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 18:20
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 262):

"From what I have seen, oversize beasts may be natural for this land."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1161 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 06:54
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 263):

"Perhaps, but more likely something is afoot..."
Aethul
 player, 271 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 17:30
The Beast of Veroigne
Let us recover whatever we need and be on our way ...

He will take the two wolf pelts.
Narrator
 GM, 8537 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 20:50
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 265):

Even slightly damaged, they are worth $100 each.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1162 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 21:03
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 266):

"Agreed. I will keep watch."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 367 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 00:42
The Beast of Veroigne
If anyone has skill for harvesting organs or parts of importance from the beast, Balir will assist.  Might as well take back as much as they can carry, in his opinion.
Narrator
 GM, 8547 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 18:22
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 268):

Iq-5 or survival -2.
Aethul
 player, 273 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 18:50
The Beast of Veroigne
Perhaps I can assist, being a woodsman does provide some knowledge.
Narrator
 GM, 8553 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 Jan 2021
at 18:26
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 270):

You are able to extract the glands and bladder that let the beast breathe fire, of some value to an alchemist or incanter.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 369 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 18:36
The Beast of Veroigne
"Is there anything else you're needing, then, or can we leave the carcass to the wolves?  Maybe another helping of raw meat for the farm hands?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:42, Wed 13 Jan.

Aethul
 player, 274 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 20:08
The Beast of Veroigne
I wonder if it is even edible? I most certainly would consider it tainted.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1163 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 02:27
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 273):

"I am not convinced the meat is edible either, especially coming from a beast that seems to be magical, but happy to give them what they need. But I fear we may have other issues we need to deal with, so lets finish this and get ready for dealing with the undead at the stronghold."
Aethul
 player, 275 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 03:03
The Beast of Veroigne
We may need to unload these organs first, as I doubt they keep well. We could also buy a few items to assist in taking said castle.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1164 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 05:27
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 275):

"Good Point. I just want to stop by there to make sure we have not opened Pandora's Box..."
Narrator
 GM, 8571 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 19:42
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 276):

The wolf meat might be more palatable.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1165 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 22:05
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 277):

"So we ready to head back, via the castle?"
Aethul
 player, 276 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 22:32
The Beast of Veroigne
I think we skip the castle unless we wish to get involved there ... this stuff is perishable and even if we found something there, what are we going to do? Lose the cash  form the organs and the opportunity to equip ourselves properly? Bad plan, lets haste to sell this and buy the things we need, then go to the castle.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1166 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 22:36
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 279):

"I can ensure the entrance is securely closed in a short time by moving earth. That is all I had in mind."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 370 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 01:27
The Beast of Veroigne
"I believe we should head back, but if you feel we should double check the castle, then I can accept that."