The Beast of Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 8011 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 21:38
The Beast of Veroigne
co tinuing from The Road rmto Veroigne


Variously, a number of you are now resistant to fire...

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:29, Fri 30 July.

Aethul
 player, 207 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 22:45
The Beast of Veroigne
He tries to find a good spot to observe the fire that is also reasonably safe.

I wonder if this is the beast or someone just burning dead wood...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 293 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 25 Jul 2020
at 18:40
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will actively look for the beast in an effort to both protect the group, and carry out their mission to destroy it.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 113 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sun 26 Jul 2020
at 18:20
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 3):

Snorri points at the distant smoke with his axe.
"That looks to be where our fire breathing beastie is, I say we creep upon him, but irregular like, so he cannot feel our footsteps in the earth as he might if we were marching.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:35, Mon 27 July 2020.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1079 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 26 Jul 2020
at 22:07
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 4):

"Slowly, and spread out. That sounds like a good idea. Chunky, please lead the way...as sneakily as you can manage. I doubt that will be at all sneaky, but at least if you stay 15 yards ahead of us and it tries to come out behind you, we will have your back..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 294 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 27 Jul 2020
at 18:25
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will seek to take the lead for the rest of the group, behind Chunky.  His Axe and shield are out and ready, but he seeks to keep them out of the light to cut down on reflections.
Narrator
 GM, 8028 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jul 2020
at 14:51
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 6):

S a group, you pproach without alerting your quarry.
Aethul
 player, 208 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 31 Jul 2020
at 19:39
The Beast of Veroigne
Stop when we see it to make a plan and Confirm it is our quarry...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 295 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 16:19
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will accept that request and stop his advance once he has eyes on the prey.
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 1 post
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 20:14
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 9):

Within a small copse of merrily burning saplings is a massive reddish creature with eight legs and very heavy scales!
Asyou approach,  its dinnerplate eyes open wide. The creature is nearly thirty feet long!
Balir Ironhide
 player, 297 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 20:43
The Beast of Veroigne
When Balir catches sight of the creature, it's eyes flick open.  He pauses for a moment, assessing the creature.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1080 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 20:52
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 11):

"Well, that is why we are here...take advantage of your fire resistance, those that have it. Stay back, the others..."
Aethul
 player, 209 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 23:10
The Beast of Veroigne
That is quite the beast... I doubt even Bodkins will do much to harm it... it is far bigger than I had presumed. I wonder if I could soothe it and lead it to yon tower (Castle).
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1081 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 07:45
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 13):

"What a brilliant idea...why didn't I think of that myself...You are fire resistant now, so you are most welcome to try before we have to fight for our lives..."
Aethul
 player, 210 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 20:33
The Beast of Veroigne
Yes, I believe that was your idea...

He tries to cast, watching the beast closely...
Narrator
 GM, 8058 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 12:42
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 15):

As animal empathy is a requisite, it doesnot add a bonus in this case, although it would add to non magical animal handling.

The creature is impressive, and its scales are equivalent to epic plate!

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:53, Tue 11 Aug 2020.

Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 128 posts
 traveling magician
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 12:54
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 16):

Marlene casts a spell with a crackle of green sparks, but it appears to have no effect.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 22 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 12:56
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 17):

The faun draws his saber, and looks encouragingly at the others.
Narrator
 GM, 8059 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 12:58
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 18):

Quick total of who is fire resistant please
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1082 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 20:04
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 19):

Everyone except Marlene and Snorri was. I might be able to try one more, but that would be it.

In fact, Kirpich will cast one more resist fire on Snorri, suggesting Marlene keep her distance. her lack of armour would probably make being anywhere near the thing a bad idea anyway!

This message was lightly edited by the player at 04:04, Fri 07 Aug 2020.

Aethul
 player, 211 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 22:54
The Beast of Veroigne
What is the creature doing?
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 2 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 14:56
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 21):

The massive creature pops open is eyes, smoke hissing from its nostrils, and roars, a blast of flame errupting from its huge and toothy maw.
Aethul
 player, 212 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 18:41
The Beast of Veroigne
OK, so it was startled slightly, but not aggressive yet?
How far away is it?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 299 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 19:48
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir instinctively takes a step forward when the creature snorts, but with the discussion behinf him he doesn't charge...yet.

"Make up yer mindz, already."

OOC  I wrote it that way to be a little silly as a player, but then can't help but read it in a hard NY accent from the movies.
Aethul
 player, 213 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 20:16
The Beast of Veroigne
And no one seems to be talking either... just looking and thinking.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1083 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 20:50
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 24):

"Ok, Aethul. Do your stuff...or don't. If it attacks Chunky or Balir or anyone else, we take it down!"
Aethul
 player, 214 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 23:53
The Beast of Veroigne
OK, I'll try again, but if it heads our way, I have an arrow nocked... I'll try for an eye.
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 3 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:44
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 27):

The massive thing lifts its whale sized body off the ground on its stumpy legs, looking perhaps less angry, but still cranky and offended by your presence.

The firey breath extends 10 yards from its toothy maw.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 23 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:46
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 28):

The faun eyes his foe, and charges past the conflagration, intent on stabbing it in the eye.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 113 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:51
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 29):

Snorri makes a wide turn to get behind it.

This message was last updated by the player at 16:51, Wed 12 Aug 2020.

Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 129 posts
 traveling magician
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:52
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 30):

With a shower of green sparks, Marlena casts a spell...
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 4 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:53
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 31):

Thecreature collapses, and begins snoring hesvily!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1084 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 20:18
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 32):

"Does anyone have a way to transport this massive lump?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 300 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 21:45
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir is offended that the faun darted past him.  He was obviously the most capable person in the group, and so the creature was making an elflike show of being brave while really doing nothing important.  He starts to follow along, ready to blurt out something quite rude, until the thing falls down, asleep.

Then he stops, and starts moving towards it very quietly.
Aethul
 player, 215 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 02:38
The Beast of Veroigne
No, I think that may be well beyond us... and if I remember my teachings, any attack against it will awaken it almost instantly.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1085 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 05:21
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 35):

"One way or another, we need to stop it destroying everyone and everything. Any super lethal attacks, or perhaps magic to shrink or move it?"
Aethul
 player, 216 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 21:41
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir's axe is the best weapon I know of... it is easy to see why it can devour whole cows.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 301 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 23:42
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir responds quietly, but with confidence.  "I am sure that with Earthwarden, and by the power of Federjung, I could wound this creature severely.  It is large and powerful, however, so I cannot promise to kill it.  This creature looks beyond the elves altogether, and it would take more than just one dwarf.  Perhaps if you were to strengthen me, or find a way to weaken the beast?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1086 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 00:44
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 38):

"Whilst I can turn a creature to stone, something this big that would require more energy than I have...I am currently maintaining protection for most of us from fire..."

What SM is this?
Aethul
 player, 218 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 02:48
The Beast of Veroigne
A blow to the neck would hopefully severely injure it at least...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1088 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 05:07
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 40):

"What about a vial of poison or acid? Or gouging out both eyes? Aethul could you put something poisonous in it's mouth?

I could slowly shape the earth around it to engulf it, and then turn it to stone, but that may take a long time and not be effective...
"
Aethul
 player, 219 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 18:52
The Beast of Veroigne
I have no poisons, and it would take me some time to gather plants to make anything... gouge one eye and it is awake... and mad. As for entombing it, It seems to go through earth like nothing and could probably break out of rock that wasn't many feet thick...  I have no better idea, but marlena's sleep will not last, we must act ... Balir? How mighty a blow could you apply to it's neck? or skull for that matter.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 24 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 19:19
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 42):

"I could do one eye, and you archer another, and leave it blind,"
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 114 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 19:20
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 43):

Snorri gets to a position behi d it.


Ooc SM+4
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1091 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 23:38
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 44):

"That would be a start. What about using something longer, like a spear, to drive it into it's brain? But I still like the idea of putting poison in it's mouth too..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 303 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 02:47
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir almost snorts in irony, but holds it in, lest he wake the beast.  "We hit both eyes, and I whallop it in the head as hard as I can.  Just maybe I can stun it so we get a second attack.

The only question is, what will it do when we wake it?  Probably thrash around, especially if it's blind.  We can assume it will burrow to escape whatever has injured it.  And it will be very angry.

Take your positions.  We won't get a better chance than now."

Aethul
 player, 220 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 03:26
The Beast of Veroigne
He moves back to shield Marlena You don't have the fire resistance?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1092 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 04:02
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 47):

"Wait, Balir. Let us exhaust all options first, then pick the best. We can save ourselves a lot of pain doing that."
Aethul
 player, 221 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 19:14
The Beast of Veroigne
Time is not necessarily on our side ... and we do not have so many options.

Aethul fidgets, wanting to get this over with ...then moves over and starts casting, a white strand come from his hand rather quickly and he works furiously to wrap it around the beasts legs as many times as he can ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1093 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 23:19
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 49):

"Ok. Does no-one have a spear or crossbow? If not, perhaps someone can use this pick better that I can? I don't think I have ever had occasion to use it in anger..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 304 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 15:27
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir responds "Let's decide and move.  We haven't all day.  If we have more options, then good.  I like what you have chosen Aethul.  However, we cannot afford for it to wake before we are ready.  We must do the waking if we want to have a chance of winning this fight."

Balir stands guard by the neck of the animal, ready to strike at a moment's notice if it starts to wake up.
Narrator
 GM, 8090 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 15:46
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 49):

Spider silk is a missile spell, where are you aiming? Make a thaumatology roll.

5 fp gets you 25 yards.
Aethul
 player, 222 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 17:37
The Beast of Veroigne
Hewas trying to wrap the strand around whatever legs he can (assuming that they are off the ground) to inhibit the beasts movement should it awake ... that was why I said "furiously" as he would have to be slinging this stuff quickly and accurately.
Narrator
 GM, 8096 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 19:27
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 53):

Thaumatology is an IQ vh skill that is affected by mageru and represents professional knowledge of a working wizard. You realize that the silk is extermely flammable, and better at restraining legs than this creature's firey muzzle, which normal rope might secure,but this creature is several times stronger than a single strand... three loops would be about even with its strength.
Aethul
 player, 223 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 19:39
The Beast of Veroigne
And the25 yards spent so far will wrap around it's legs how many times?
Narrator
 GM, 8097 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 19:44
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 55):

Given the way it is splayed, you can get the four legs on one side wrapped three times.


Does anyone have rope?
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 25 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 19:47
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 56):

"I have some rope, perhapse I can muzzle it!"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1095 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 00:05
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 57):

"Flammable rope when it breaths fire...not the best idea. We need something that kills...or at least does not burn. Anyone, such as Value, have skills with a pick? Driving this into its eye might be much more effective than your ace at its neck."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 305 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 02:32
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC A pick would use Axe/Mace, and Balir would be good with it.  But he would not relish using it.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1097 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 08:01
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 59):

"If you use it properly, you only need to use it once. Embed it into it's brain through it's eye, then wrench it's head apart as you remove it. It is a classic dwarven weapon, used for mining as well as combat. Any dwarf that shied away from using one should question their heritage...

In this instance, it will serve better than the Axe, since you have the time to aim precisely for the eye...
"

Correct me if I am wrong, but it would be -9 for eye, +4 for SM, +1 or +2 for extra time aiming...it is sleeping after all, so only a -3 or -4 to hit the eye. Is that correct?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 306 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 15:31
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir is very attached to his axe, but he will hang it on his belt and take the pick.  He steps up next to the creature's head, stating "We need someone to hit the other eye at the same time."
Aethul
 player, 224 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 18:38
The Beast of Veroigne
Hit the brain, small as it may be... that is the killing blow.



He moves back away to shield Marlena and has his bow ready, should the beast attempt to rise.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1098 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 21:03
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 62):

"Unless we have a spear, that bow might be the best thing to do that with...and that pick..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 307 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 21:44
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir tells Aethul "Prepare to shoot it in the eye.  Tell me when you are ready, and I will take my swing.  We will time the attack to land together."

OOC  I don't think we have any better suggestions, so...  Let's go with it.  Prefer not to have Balir maimed, but he's built for this.  It's time to put the money where his (overconfident) mouth is.
Aethul
 player, 225 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 22:46
The Beast of Veroigne
OK,   he takes a breath, aims and says Now
Balir Ironhide
 player, 308 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 23:53
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir draws back, and the muscled ripple under his heavy mail.  Then he brings the pick down on the creature's eye with great skill and grace.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1099 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 19 Aug 2020
at 11:04
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 66):

Kirpich gets well back, directing Chunky to get behind the creature and start pounding it once the pick hits it...
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 5 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 18:15
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 67):

The creature rears up as it is blinded, housting Balir off of his feet! It stumbles, and swings its head from side to side, and belches a cone of flame that starts a grass fire!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1100 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 19:56
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 68):

Kirpich gets well back, watching the scenario. His stone missile seems somewhat ineffective, but he watched what effect Chunky has as he wails on the creatures back...does anyone cause any significant damage? Was it blinded in both eyes?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 310 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:09
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will do his best to hold on to the pick as the creature thrashes around.  Letting go would put him at risk of being trampled, or landing inside the cone of fire.
Aethul
 player, 226 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 18:05
The Beast of Veroigne
He reloads his bow and waits for a clear safe shot.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 26 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 18:55
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 71):

The Faun leaps forward and tries to stab the beast between its scales under its jaw, and appears to have succeeded.

Balir is thrown, Pick still in the beast's eye, and takes 3 points before DR
Balir Ironhide
 player, 311 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 20:26
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir tries to maintain his balance after losing his grip on the pick, but he fails miserably.  The dwarf lets out a couple muffled Dwarven curses as he lands in a heap on his left shoulder and back.  Slowly he gathers himself, getting to one knee while he pulls heavy mail out of his face.  By the time he stands, Earthwarden is in his hand, and his shield is properly aligned on his arm.  "By Federjung, come meet your death, vile serpent!!"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1101 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 20:55
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 73):

"Chunky, keep hitting it, but if you get the chance, grab that pick..."
Aethul
 player, 227 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 22:23
The Beast of Veroigne
As soon as he has a clear shot, he fires at the throat area
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 6 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 19:52
The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul's arrow rebounds from the scales.... this creature is heavily armored.

It snaps at the faun,nearly taking his head off, butthe dexterous swordsman  manages to avoid it.
Aethul
 player, 228 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 23:38
The Beast of Veroigne
He shakes his head and draws a Bodkin ... Aims and looses it...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 312 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 23:53
The Beast of Veroigne
Once Balir is back up on his feet, he will charge the monster.

OOC Not sure if he is back up on his feet yet, but that's the intention.
Narrator
 GM, 8114 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 19:45
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 77):

Despite the armor piercing nature of the arrow, the large scales repel the arrow... perhaps aiming between the scales?


(Chinks in armor, -10, +4 sm=-6?)
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1102 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 20:10
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 79):

Does Chunky have any effect?
Aethul
 player, 229 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 20:42
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 79):

PM
Balir Ironhide
 player, 313 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 20:58
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir approaches the creature from the side, full charge.  Normally he would howl, but the creature is blinded, so he'll do it silently.  When he gets close enough to swing, he'll try to put his axe into the creature's head.  Balir again strikes with a special grace that might even impress an elf.
chunky
 player, 13 posts
 small elemental
 He will rock you!
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 18:03
The Beast of Veroigne
The unarmed elememtal lands a punch on one of the beast's legs, but it seems to be of little effect.

Balir, on the other hand, cleaves through the heavy scales and does some damage!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1103 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 01:13
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to chunky (msg # 83):

"Chunky, see if you can climb on the creature and stop it moving around so much...Balir, good job!"

Kirpich is not of much use, other than keeping everyone fire resistant, at this point, but he is watching carefully to see what is working and where they are in danger...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 314 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 16:16
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir continues his onslaught, striking at the creatures head again to try and damage something important, or even stun it if possible.  He ignores Kirpich's comment, even though he hears it.  The last thing he wants is for the beast to locate him by sound.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1104 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 20:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 85):

Kirpich is staying well back, so audiolocation of him will distract from those within reach...
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 7 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 23:56
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 85):

That last cleave drew steaming ichor from it, and Balir is able to determine how heavy the scales are... occ: equal to epic plate, or DR7


Chunky tries to climb onto the creature, and is knocked back by its tail, but being stone, keeps its footing.

The satyr tries another stab between the scales of the tbroat, but his blade slides accross the scales intstead.

Snorri chops into its tail, spilling some of its hot blood, but not that much.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1105 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 08:27
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 87):

"OK, Chunky, maybe climbing is not so good. Just try to smash it. If you get a chance, grab that pick and pull it out."

Kirpich will maintain the fire resistance of most and look for any pertinent details that may assist them.

He tries to create some water above the creature to make it's head wet.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 130 posts
 traveling magician
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 18:24
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 81):

With a shower od green sparks Marlena casts a spell that stifles the flames spewing from the beast.


Correction to earlier, that bowshot was perfect, and passed between the scales witjout being impeded. And did triple damage!
Aethul
 player, 230 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 18:51
The Beast of Veroigne
Seeing how tough this beast is and how the Satyrs sword is all but useless, he holds his arrows, looking for a possible target.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 315 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 15:00
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir takes another swipe at the creature with his trusty axe, but this time it seems like it clanks off a scale.

OOC Thought I had updated this yesterday.  Only looked at it 3x.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 27 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 17:30
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 91):

Once again the Satyr aims a thrust between the scales and succeeds, burying his rapier deeply in  the beast's torso.

In return the creature snaps at him, but, being blind, it misses the fast moving faun.



Ai. At chinks in armor -10
                      Sm+4
     Telegraphic attack +2
                  Total:-4

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:34, Sat 05 Sept 2020.

Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 115 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 17:32
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 92):

Snorri takes a swipe at the creature's flank, and CV leaves partway through the scales, causing steaming blood to jet out.
Aethul
 player, 231 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 17:33
The Beast of Veroigne
He puts the bow up and draws his short sword and advances slowly and softly towards the beast [is it still on it's side or standing?]
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 8 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 18:17
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 94):

All of the thrashing about have loosened or ripped some of the restraints. But the beast is still hobbled, although only on three of its 8 legs... it has nearly righted itself.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1106 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 22:21
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 95):

"Chunky, see if you can deal with those legs! Try to break, damage or disable them!"
Aethul
 player, 232 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 23:10
The Beast of Veroigne
He takes a careful aimed stab to the creatures vitals, aiming to slip between the scales.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 316 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 17:01
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir continues swinging at the head/neck area of the giant beast, in an effort to kill it or at least stun it.  He meets with some success, and feels like he penetrated the beast's scales.

OOC Balir has been working on the same area for a few shots now, hoping that over time the scales where he is swinging become compromised.
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 9 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 18:03
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 98):

Aethul's attack might have pierced its lungs or liver, if it could but have pierced the armor (-10+4=-6) to do that. It bleeeds, but barely.

Balir lands a solid hit on it,but still only a little gets through the scales, enough to make it bleed , and leave it rattled. It bites blindly at the air, its lower jaw knocking against the shield.

With its pilot light out, its belly is beginning  to swell with gas...
Aethul
 player, 233 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 18:07
The Beast of Veroigne
Perhaps this will end with a bang and we should not be too close! He says as he steps away
Balir Ironhide
 player, 318 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 20:02
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir continues his assault on the creature's head and neck area.  He seems to be making progress, even if it is slow.  And, while the thing snaps at him, it isn't attacking any of the more easily damaged members of the group.  In other words, he was doing exactly what he should be, as a heavily armored Dwarf.  He was showing them just how superior a good Dwarf was to one of those effeminate elvish fighters.

OOC  Balir's success so far seems to match his level of arrogance, although he would only see it as confidence.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1107 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 21:24
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 101):

"Everyone, including Balir, we should get back...it seems to be getting ready to explode! Chunky, get back, come over here..."

He stays well back...
Aethul
 player, 234 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 22:29
The Beast of Veroigne
He will again seek to shield Marlena as he guides everyone away safe distance.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 319 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 23:44
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir momentarily cocks his axe in the air in an effort to acknowledge the comment.  But he does not move.  Instead, he takes another slash at the beast, keeping his shield steady and prepared for whatever might happen.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 131 posts
 traveling magician
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 18:29
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 104):

Marlena, acrackle with green energy, begins to cast a spell...
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 10 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 18:08
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 105):

Marlena m's spell ignites the gas building in the creature's belly, and while it is tolerant of fire damage, it is badly scorched inside, and the damage bypassed its armor. Smoke trickles out of its scales, and flames blasted out of its nostrils and jaw.
Aethul
 player, 235 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 20:56
The Beast of Veroigne
Obviously has serious indigestion.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1108 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 22:43
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 107):

"Lets cut it open and help stop that, shall we? Chunky, see if you can rip that pick from it's eye..."
Aethul
 player, 236 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 23:04
The Beast of Veroigne
He cautiously moves close and stabs with his short sword, standing so whatever squirts out doesn't hit him.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 322 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 22:47
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir finds himself happy to be next to the creatures neck and not in front of it when it belches.  He comments "Must have had some Dwarven Ale." with a wry sort of humor, before hacking into the creature again.
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 11 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 16:56
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 110):

Aethus buries his sword to the hilt between the scales!

Chunky rips the pick from its eye, and steaming ichor sprays from the socket

Balir'sblade bites into a scale, and the creature swings to snap at him, but he catches its chin on his shield.


The small explosion ignited the spidersilk, which turns immediately to ash. The  rope is now burning.  The beast has not caught on yet that it is no longer hobbled
Aethul
 player, 237 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 17:06
The Beast of Veroigne
He works the blade back and forth so that the edges cut it's insides, using the skin & scales as a fulcrum.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1109 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 21:00
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 112):

"Well done Chunky. Keep hacking at it with that pick...use it to rip scales off!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 323 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 21:13
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir is very aware that the creature knows where he is.  And, he is also very aware that others are doing damage.  The serpent was focusing on him, which left the others to safely do their business.  Balir was doing his job, and it was in his humble opinion, glorious.  Songs should be written about his wonderful performance against the worm.

Even while this is going through his mind, however, he still has a job to do.  Balir takes another hack at the creature, careful to keep his shield ready, as he has all along.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 28 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 19:16
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 114):

As Balir both cuts and blocks the creature as it tries to bite him, the satry leaps to stab it in the mouth!
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 12 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 19:18
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 115):

Blind as it is, the beast knowsthe fauns's location, and lunges forward, biting off the swashbuckler 's  right arm at the shoulder!
Aethul
 player, 238 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 21:49
The Beast of Veroigne
He withdraws his sword and stabs again in what he hopes is a more lethal location (Vitals) ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1110 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 23:55
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 117):

Stunned for a second at that, Kirpich calls to the faun to fall back, where he can provide some first aid!


"Chunky, keep using that pick to dig holes in its hide!"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:56, Sat 19 Sept 2020.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 324 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 01:50
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir thinks to himself FOOL!!!, but doesn't say anything.  Instead he uses the creature's distraction to take another swing, and lands a good one.  Finally, he thinks to himself, I finally did some real damage!

This message was last edited by the player at 01:51, Sun 20 Sept 2020.

Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 29 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 17:53
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 119):

Thefaun collapses, but Kirpich is able to stop the bleeding.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 116 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 17:57
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 120):

Even as Balir draws blood, Snorri finally gets another cut in, but both of the axe weilders are having limited success damaging the beast.
chunky
 player, 14 posts
 small elemental
 He will rock you!
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 18:01
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 121):

The elemental swi gs the pick, burying it deep, and seems to do more effective damage due to his size and the weapon type.

Aethul's attempt to stab through the heavy scales , while aimed at the vitals, fails to penetrate through the heavy armoring of the beast
The beast , now free from the burning rope, starts to dig!
Aethul
 player, 239 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 20:12
The Beast of Veroigne
He again aims between the scales at the vitals... but the creatures movements throw is effort off...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1111 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 00:13
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 123):

"Chunky, rip that pick out and smash it's leg!"

Kirpich drags the Faun away a little, before moving closer to the beast...but not near the head.

Just to indicate intentions, Kirpich is waiting until the creatures head is underground before casting Earth to stone. Intention will be to encase the entire head in stone when the time is right. But he is not saying that...he is evaluating that situation now though.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 325 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 04:18
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir takes another swing, but mostly he clanks off the scales.
Aethul
 player, 240 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 16:41
The Beast of Veroigne
He again tries to slip his blade between the scales and stab something vital (heart, Lungs, spinal cord, arteries)
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 13 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 21:04
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 126):

I will take that less as a vials shot than as a chinks in armor hit, allowing you to bypass DR of the large scales to do full impaling damage.

The beast dives forward and into the ground, interring its head and the first pair of legs.
Aethul
 player, 241 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 22:32
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 127):

Fine with me, every little bit helps.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 326 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 23:05
The Beast of Veroigne
As the creature starts to run, Balir flings his shield with his left hand, screaming "FEDERJUNG!!!" at the top of his lungs, before taking the strongest swing he can muster with both hands.
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 14 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 19:20
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 129):

Cleaved through to the bone, the beast's foreleg folds under it as it drives downward, leaving it stuck, and unable to dig or retreat! Its head remains buried in the earth.
Aethul
 player, 242 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 23:21
The Beast of Veroigne
Given it's lack of progress, he again aims for a chink in the armor scales and stabs again.
Narrator
 GM, 8194 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 19:26
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 131):
Aiming for a chink in the armor is successful- (-10+4=-6), Aethul stabs deeplimy into the beast between its scales.

The beast struggles, trying to interr itself.

Some wounds show signs of closing.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 327 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 19:57
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir notes the wounds that appear to be healing slowly, but can't let that stop him.  With the leg behind him crippled, he moves to the next one to try and do the same to it.  They might not be able to kill the creature outright, but they could wear it down over time.  Especially if it could not adequately defend himself now.

Unfortunately, with the creature squirming around like it is, he isn't able to hit the next leg squarely.
Aethul
 player, 243 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 20:46
The Beast of Veroigne
He tries to repeat his success,he puts the point between the scales and shoves, figuring it is doing some good.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1112 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 01:59
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 134):

Kirpich moves to the head of the beast and touches the ground, praying for Groms help to solidify the earth around the beasts head...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Tue 29 Sept 2020.

The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 15 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 18:11
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 135):

The creature continues trying to dig itself away, even as Aethulstabs it between the chinks in its armor (vitals still have DR7) and Balir cleaves into its leg. Snorri cuts into a back leg, but is flung ba kwards as the creature tries to pull its head out of the ground.
Aethul
 player, 244 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 18:22
The Beast of Veroigne
With his sword still in the beats, Aethul attempts to cast ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1113 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 20:31
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 137):

Kirpich will solidify 4 cubic yards around the creatures head, before withdrawing, exhausted (1 fp)

"Chunky, hit it's front legs hard, to stop it pulling its head out if you can."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:33, Tue 29 Sept 2020.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 328 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 23:56
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir hits the leg in front of him again, and this time he is confident that he hit it very well.
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 16 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 16:17
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 139):

Waterlogged, crippled in a second leg, and its head stuck in a block of concrete, the mammoth creature attempts to pull itself out of the ground.



Btw an actual vitals hit is either -3/+4=+1 with DR7 or -6 to bypass armor,bypassing armor to get vitals is -10-3+4=-9
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1114 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 20:22
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 140):

Kirpich, exhausted, keeps falling back, exhorting Chunky and the others to continue smashing the creatures legs...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 329 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 23:54
The Beast of Veroigne
With a second leg flopping uselessly in front of him, Balir steps to the next leg in line, and unleashes another mighty blow.
Aethul
 player, 245 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 1 Oct 2020
at 02:24
The Beast of Veroigne
My sword seems unable to do any serious damage to this beast, even when I slip past he heavy scales...
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 17 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Thu 1 Oct 2020
at 18:16
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 143):

Aethul's attacks have been damaging, due to his precise aim vs scales. Balir
and Snorri  continue to do damage, despite the epic armor of the creature.


The only reason it is still standing, after beeing burnt, waterlogged, chopped, stabbed, and  skewered is because its kind is Hard to Kill.
Aethul
 player, 246 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 1 Oct 2020
at 18:33
The Beast of Veroigne
He again tries to stab this beast between the scales
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1115 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 1 Oct 2020
at 20:40
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 145):

"Keep at it Chunky...it seems to heal, so let us make sure it is dead! Dig holes in it with that pick!"
chunky
 player, 15 posts
 small elemental
 He will rock you!
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 18:50
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 146):

The elemental punches through a thick scale with the pick, wedgi g it inside the creature.
Aethul's stab skitters accross the scales ineffectively.

Snorri cleaves into a scale for minimal damage.

Balir wounds, but does not cripple, another leg, greatly unballancing it.

It rips its head, now encased in a bouldee, from the earth, and flails blindly about.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 330 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 19:39
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir takes another huge swing at the creatures leg, and lands a fearsome blow.

All the while, he thinks to himself 'I should be trading weapons with Chunky'.  The little rock pile was almost ineffective with the pick.  However, Balir is just too attached to Earthwarden, his axe.  He can't bring himself to do it.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:45, Fri 02 Oct 2020.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1116 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 22:41
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 148):

"That is it, Chunky! Now pull it out! See if you can rip that scale off!"

He gets back a little further and starts resting...hoping the boulder around the creatures head will start to suffocate it...soon would be good!
chunky
 player, 16 posts
 small elemental
 He will rock you!
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 18:32
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 148):

The clumsy elemental looses its grip on the pick, as its fists are not for tools.


Balir, on the other hand, cripples a third leg, causing the desperately struggling beast to crash onto the ground.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1118 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 21:55
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to chunky (msg # 150):

Kirpich, sidelined for now, tries to encourage.

"That is OK, Chunky. Just grab it again and keep working. You guys are doing well."
Aethul
 player, 248 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 22:36
The Beast of Veroigne
He again works to stab between scales, this time with more success.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 331 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 20:20
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir steps clear as the monster topples over, and goes to work on the last leg on his side of the beast.  Unfortunately, as it is still flopping around, he just cannot hit it squarely.
Aethul
 player, 249 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 21:48
The Beast of Veroigne
He moves to the the side presenting the back so as to be out of Balir's way and stabs again...
The Beast of Veroigne
 NPC, 19 posts
 Mon Dieu!
 That thing is huge!
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 13:44
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 154):

Balir Draws blood, but does not cripple the limb of the flailing beast.

Snorri does minimal damage to the rear leg on the opposite side.


Aethul bypasses all armor on his first strike and successfully strikes the vitals!

The second attack barely scratches the heavy scales, however.

Chunky readies the pick.

Marlena with a crackle of green sparks attempts to Destroy Water, but much like Create Water, it cannot be cast inside a creature; The spells Dehydrate and drown would permit those weaponized versions of water spells.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1123 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 18:48
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to The Beast of Veroigne (msg # 155):

Kirpich rests for now. He is spent, and it now seems to be just a matter of time.

"Keep at it Chunky. Remove those scales..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 332 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 20:50
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir continues working the leg in front of him.  He wants to cripple it completely, so the creature  cannot use any of the legs on this side.
Narrator
 GM, 8240 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 15:18
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 157):

That is enough to cripple the leg. Snorri does the same on the opposite side. Marle


Lena checks on the faun
Balir Ironhide
 player, 333 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 15:40
The Beast of Veroigne
With the creature now crippled, but potentially healing, Balir wastes no time.  He returns to the front leg, and takes another swing, trying for a full amputation.
Aethul
 player, 250 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 19:45
The Beast of Veroigne
He again makes a careful stab between the scales....
Narrator
 GM, 8249 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 20:31
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 160):

A successful  stab through chinks and into vitals!


Please indicate when you are trying to do both.

Balir removes the leg!

The creature, crippled six times over and bleeding steam and ichor, stops thrashing and lies still, its head encased in stone.
Aethul
 player, 251 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 22:34
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 161):

??? Was trying to do it right then... he had moved to the side away from Balir to avoid any interference.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1124 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 23:47
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 162):

"At last! You guys make sure he is in enough pieces to never recover, but leave the blok around the head intact for now...I am going to rest over here a while..."

He collapses nearby, bedroll out quickly, and starts snoring.

Can we slow-time dismantle this creature now, leaving the concrete around the head intact at least until the head is removed from the body?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 334 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 03:43
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will take care to remove all of the legs, one at a time, to make sure that they do not reappear.  And, should the vampyres somehow get a hold of the creature, it should not be able to move even if some magic affects it.

As he works, Balir grunts "Good work."
Aethul
 player, 252 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 21:00
The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul tries to collect scales, thinking they might make good armor. It also opens the beast up to some further dissection.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 336 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 22:25
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC Balir wants to do that too, he's just busy making sure this beast has no legs to stand on.  As soon as he is done he will also be collecting as many scales as he can carry.

Balir isn't a mage, but I'll mention that anyone who happens to be one might want to collect spell casting components like it's spleen, etc.

Narrator
 GM, 8259 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 19:37
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 166):

For practical purposes, this is dragonhide, forharvesting properly you need professional skill:dungeon butcher or IQ-5
Balir Ironhide
 player, 341 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 19:56
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will take extra care and move extra slow in doing his recovery of some scales.  And he will mumble about Federjung while he does it, and the glory of killing such a fearsome beast, almost singlehandedly.
Aethul
 player, 253 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 22:00
The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul applies himself carefully to removing the scales, hide as needed and any other parts he thinks to be useful.
Narrator
 GM, 8270 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 19:43
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 169):

For Aethul  that acts as a comimentary skill, a success gives +1. Does Balir have Armory? So far he has cut a goodly swath of scaly hide.
Aethul
 player, 254 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 19:54
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 170):  PM
Balir Ironhide
 player, 342 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 02:47
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC Balir is very well set up for this sort of endeavor.  :)
Narrator
 GM, 8276 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 16:35
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 172):

Roll Armory to see how much you can get-- a crit will get you two suits of DR4 leather with fire resistant properties
Aethul
 player, 255 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 16:53
The Beast of Veroigne
May I assist Balir to improve his chances?
Narrator
 GM, 8278 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 17:05
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 174):

Do you havd armory or survival?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 343 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 17:21
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC  Rolled about average, so it isn't ideal.  With an assist I'd like to think we might get one set of armor, but the GM will tell us.
Narrator
 GM, 8279 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 17:37
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 176):

Extra time gets you +1, any really good roll from Aethul  could help... pray for iq-5 or survival
Aethul
 player, 256 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 02:38
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 175):

No Armoury, but I do have survival skills... Farmlands & woodlands among them.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1125 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 04:08
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 177):

Kirpich starts to sleep soundly, exhausted.
Narrator
 GM, 8283 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Oct 2020
at 15:41
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 178):

Balir, with assistance, is able to extract enough hide to make a suit of armor for a human or a dwarf that would have a total DR of 5

[Cf+52, double wt=$23,850 72 lbs]
Balir Ironhide
 player, 344 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 06:06
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir turns to Aethul and thanks him.  "Thanks for your assistance.  This will make a fine trophy.  Many will jealously look upon it with awe, even more after they hear the amazing story of my...our victory.  Are there any other items we should gather for the mages, or additional items that might sell at market?  My axe stands ready to expose whatever you might want."
Aethul
 player, 257 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 17:21
The Beast of Veroigne
I am sure some of the internal organs would be useful, but  which organs and to whom and I don't know. Marlena, can you provide any enlightenment?   I might use a few of the scales for a new buckler, if there are enough...
Narrator
 GM, 8295 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 22:50
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 182):

Not quite offering separate fire resistance, but certainly aiding in the enchantment of such a thing, a buckler might be unweildy, but enough to make one could be acqired with another survival plus armory roll.
Aethul
 player, 258 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 23:57
The Beast of Veroigne
How about a chest plate and helmet perhaps... if this is really heavy stuff, I'll skip it though.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 345 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 29 Oct 2020
at 00:33
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir responds "We should all profit from this tremendous victory."

With that he turns, and very carefully starts taking short swings with Earthwarden, to try and harvest the suggested items.

OOC Not sure he can do this a second time, Balir is a bit of a hack on this.  He's gonna need a nice assist to get this done.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1126 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 29 Oct 2020
at 02:38
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 182):

This process of recovering armour would surely take time...enough for Kirpich to recover?
Narrator
 GM, 8299 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Oct 2020
at 17:17
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 186):

Kirpich's rest ends to the sound of an axe scattering scales, as balir, a little too exuberantly, frees several from the beast, renderkng them all but useless.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1127 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 09:28
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 187):

Lol, so I am fully recovered, or disturbed by blade/scale shards?
Narrator
 GM, 8318 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Nov 2020
at 20:00
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 188):

It has been about 20 minutes.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1128 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 04:06
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 189):

Finally recovered, Kirpich goes to inspect the beast, and the wounded.

"Whilst I am all for recovering all we can of this thing, we should remember that killing it has reward in itself. But there will also be the question of the Vampyre once we are done here. We are quite sure it cannot come back to life? Have any vital organs, such as it's head, been removed?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 347 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 18:04
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir looks up from where he has been working, and absently wipes a bit of ichor off of his mail sleeve.  "I can remove all the legs if you want to handle all of the other critical organs.  Do you need me to cleave it open?  Should we remove it's head?"

Balir does a double take at this, and then answers the second question himself.  "What am I asking.  OF COURSE we should remove the head, so we can show it off as a trophy of my...our achievement!"

OOC  Assuming no argument, he will get to work on the head and legs, depending on what Kirpich has to say.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1129 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 22:59
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 191):

Kirpich is happy to remove the head, though getting out of the boulder that killed it is not something that interests him! He will leave that to Balir, and start looking around.

"Do these things have a nest by any chance?"

Edit: Then he notices the injured Faun nearby. He starts by doing a quick Diagnosis .

Following the Diagnosis, he heals the faun back to health with greater healing. This will take some strength from him, so he will have to spend some time to recover after that.

Finally, he will cast restoration, if that will help restore the lost arm.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Thu 12 Nov 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 8353 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 20:16
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 192):

The faun is cold to the touch and still.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1132 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 00:07
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 193):

So the successful diagnosis indicates he has expired?
Narrator
 GM, 8355 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 19:33
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 194):

Indeed.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 118 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 20:48
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 195):

Enough hide has been removed as to make a shield and a full suit of human or dwarven armor.


Snorri and Balir have been working at severing the stone-encased head, and have it done now.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 349 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 22:03
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC  Is there any chance of breaking the head out of the stone so we can have it as a trophy?  Is it even something we could carry?

15:03, Today: Balir Ironhide rolled 10 using 3d6.  IQ roll for the creature's head?

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1139 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 19 Nov 2020
at 07:23
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 197):

Saddened at the loss of a companion, Kirpich is busy preparing a Final Rest spell for his expired faun friend. He could shape the stone if he was not distracted, but was unwilling to while the head was still attached, having seen the creatures extraordinary powers of regeneration.

He will shape a hole to bury him in first, before preparing to cast final rest ceremonially in a funeral ceremony.
Narrator
 GM, 8363 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 16:19
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 198):

Final rest is usually performed as a long cooperative ceremony over the course ofan hour, recovering all of your fp before starting the ceremony.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1140 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 23:04
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 199):

Exactly what I had in mind. Gathering those willing once the head has been removed and I am confident we will not be disturbed...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 350 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 00:23
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC  Balir has no opinion positive or negative, so he can participate.
Narrator
 GM, 8369 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 14:44
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 201):

Snorri offers to participate as well.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1141 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 19:39
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 202):

Kirpich will then conduct the ceremony, burning HP if necessary.
Aethul
 player, 260 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 00:02
The Beast of Veroigne
He will of course participate...
Narrator
 GM, 8377 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 19:02
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 204):

willing participants who do not "know the words" can donate 1 FP each.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1142 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 19:56
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 205):

So that is 3 fp, and Kirpich will have to pony up the other 17, burning 7 hp. He will remain conscious, to recover before praying for healing spells once complete.
Aethul
 player, 261 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 20:24
The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul will cast and try to grant Kirpich more than 1 ...
Narrator
 GM, 8382 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 17:15
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 207):

The faun earns eternal rest, and cannot be summoned or reanimated. Kirpich feels weak
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1143 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 19:42
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 208):

Kirpich will take time to recover, praying for healing if necessary...until back to full health and fatigue.
Aethul
 player, 262 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 02:24
The Beast of Veroigne
He also rests
Narrator
 GM, 8389 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 18:24
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 210):

It is becoming close to dusk...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1144 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 21:24
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 211):

Recovered, Kirpich suggests they head back to the widow, to tell her she is avenged and to help her move back to her home.
Farm worker
 NPC, 15 posts
 Common laborer
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 14:51
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 212):

You make your way back to the near ruins of the farmstead, and the rootceklar where she has hidden herself
Aethul
 player, 263 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 19:38
The Beast of Veroigne
We tell her the death of her husband is avenged and the beast is dead ... we can also relay what a horrific beast it was and that we lost one of our number fighting it
We ask to stay the night at her farm and will help repair it a little.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1145 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 22:52
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 214):

Kirpich will be quiet and try to comfort her by expressing that he shares her loss now, but that beast is deal with.
Farm worker
 NPC, 16 posts
 Common laborer
Sun 29 Nov 2020
at 20:37
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 215):

She looks harried and has dark circles under her eyes. A rope of garlic hangs over the door.

"Thank you. If Baronet James were still here this would never have happened. "
Balir Ironhide
 player, 352 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 01:23
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir of course boasts about how much he did when the beast was killed, but when she responds he stops massaging his own ego to ask "Who is this Baronet James?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1146 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 07:28
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 217):

Kirpich looks over her closely, looking for bite marks, but says nothing. Concern about the Vampires is beginning to worry him now that the beast is gone.
Farm worker
 NPC, 17 posts
 Common laborer
Wed 2 Dec 2020
at 00:22
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 217):

"The old baron had a son and s daughter. Loraine was married to Pequenaud and he became the baron, because the baronet would not wed for political gain."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1147 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 2 Dec 2020
at 06:07
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 219):

"That is some problem, but is the son any better? He was younger, I assume?

Does that have any relation to the creatures in this nearby castle?
"
Farm worker
 NPC, 18 posts
 Common laborer
Wed 2 Dec 2020
at 21:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 220):

"None that I know of."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1148 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 3 Dec 2020
at 06:48
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 221):

She has no bite marks?

He will lead her back to her farm, preferably through the sunlight...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 353 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 3 Dec 2020
at 15:43
The Beast of Veroigne
As Balir walks with them, he asks "Where did the old baron live?  Was it in the infested tower, or somewhere else?"
Farm worker
 NPC, 19 posts
 Common laborer
Fri 4 Dec 2020
at 18:47
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 223):

"About a day's walk south of here."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1149 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 4 Dec 2020
at 19:52
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 224):

"We probably should deal with this tower first. Then we can try to help the political problems...and return to collect our reward for killing the beast."

She is unaffected by the sunlight?
Farm worker
 NPC, 20 posts
 Common laborer
Mon 7 Dec 2020
at 17:52
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 225):

She blinks a little in the sunlight, but looks mostly sleep deprived.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1150 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 7 Dec 2020
at 19:45
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 226):

Understand. Escort her back to her farm...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 355 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 8 Dec 2020
at 06:30
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir was concerned about the possibility of the woman being a vampyre.  As she is not, he offers his opinion.  "She can recover the farm, although we could perhaps try to provision her so she has a start.  Then we should return to tell Northport of our glorious deeds.  We have spoils to return, and ale to drink.  The vampyr are trapped in their castle, and will not be a threat if we leave.  We can come back for them, and the baron."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1151 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 8 Dec 2020
at 06:54
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 228):

"We are not burdened, and we are capable of dealing with the Vampyre threat. Why should we not do so?"

He pauses, then adds

"They are more likely to have great wealth than the beast...did anyone check it's stomach, by the way?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 356 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 8 Dec 2020
at 18:11
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir responds "No, I don't think anyone looked at the inside of this thing.  I will open it up so you can.

While we are examining it's insides, perhaps we can provide some meat to the farm.  They will need help to get back up and running.  A few days of food would be very valuable to them.  Does anyone know how to treat or smoke animal meat to preserve it?  The inhabitants of the farm, especially the children, could use it.

With regard to the Vampyre, I do understand your point, Kirpich.  From my perspective, we have to carry the spoils from the beast.  It's scales will stink if not properly treated.  We do not want to lose the chance at some armor crafted from it's hide.  I may be full of myself sometimes, but we do have a good reason to head back to town.  They will still be here when we come back, perhaps more prepared.

If nothing else, the farm will need workers to rebuild.  We could at least put out word if our friend wants help.  Jobs are not always so easy to come by."


OOC Use Earthwarden to split the thing open down the length of the creature.  Might be important organs or whatever.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:12, Tue 08 Dec 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 8424 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 9 Dec 2020
at 00:51
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 230):

Teturning to the carcass reveals the presence of scavengers!  Birds of several sizes of scavenger have already found it, along with some very large wolves!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1152 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 9 Dec 2020
at 06:40
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 231):

"I guess pulling it apart will be easier than we thought, but I don't want these things roaming about...Chunky, please protect the mule and keep it here."

He creates a stone missile and gets ready. I presume we can see them from a distance if they are so large...at what range do we see them?
dire wolf
 NPC, 1 post
 bigger and badder
Wed 9 Dec 2020
at 14:35
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 232):

You are about 40 yards out. So far you are down wind, and the wolves haven't spotted you
Balir Ironhide
 player, 357 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 9 Dec 2020
at 15:53
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir has no fear of wolves.  He strides fearlessly towards them, with his axe at the ready.  In an effort to get in close before being detected, he does try to do it quietly.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1153 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 9 Dec 2020
at 19:53
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 234):

Kirpich targets the nearest wolves head, and launches his stone missile. They may be noticed now...
Aethul
 player, 264 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 9 Dec 2020
at 20:13
The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul looses an arrow at the closest wolf...
dire wolf
 NPC, 2 posts
 bigger and badder
Thu 10 Dec 2020
at 16:09
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 236):

As Marlena casts a spell with her
customary crackle of green sparks, and Snorri heads forward with his axe,

The wolf struck by the stone missile drops to the ground, and the second takes an arrow to the chest, but, while blood trickles out of its slavering jaws, it remains standing,.its cries responded to by more wolves you cannot see.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:11, Thu 10 Dec 2020.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 358 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 10 Dec 2020
at 16:28
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC  And now, we picture Balir charging forward at top speed, similar to Monty Python in a certain movie...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1154 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 10 Dec 2020
at 19:25
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 238):

Kirpich creates another stone missile...

What SM are these guys?
Aethul
 player, 265 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 10 Dec 2020
at 20:03
The Beast of Veroigne
He loads another arrow and aims.
dire wolf
 NPC, 3 posts
 bigger and badder
Mon 14 Dec 2020
at 17:59
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 240):

Sm+1, with thick fur.

Two more wolves round opposite ends of the dead beast.
Aethul
 player, 266 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 14 Dec 2020
at 19:15
The Beast of Veroigne
Aim two heart beats and fire at the one on the right, shooting for Vitals.

12:14, Today: Aethul rolled 5 using 3d6.  Bow Shot - Torso (Vitals).  a Crit!
12:14, Today: Aethul rolled  impaling using 1d6+1.  Arrow damage.
dire wolf
 NPC, 4 posts
 bigger and badder
Mon 14 Dec 2020
at 20:06
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 242):

So 7 impsling becomes 21 for vitals, becomes 42 for crit,
The wolf drops like a stone!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1155 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 15 Dec 2020
at 04:34
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to dire wolf (msg # 243):

Kirpich will fling his stone missile at the head of the next wolf to approach...it is a really good shot!
dire wolf
 NPC, 5 posts
 bigger and badder
Fri 18 Dec 2020
at 01:58
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 244):

Its skull crushes like an overripe melon.

The remaining wolf turns back around the stone encased head of the dead beast
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1156 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 18 Dec 2020
at 03:10
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to dire wolf (msg # 245):

Predictably, Kirpich readies another stone missile. "Chunky, stay close, mate."
Aethul
 player, 267 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 18 Dec 2020
at 03:59
The Beast of Veroigne
He has knocked another arrow and is searching for a target ...
Narrator
 GM, 8471 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Dec 2020
at 14:22
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 247):

He lat of the dire wolves ha run behind the beat ad is out of sight.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 361 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 18 Dec 2020
at 19:47
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will charge the beast until he arrives at the head.  Then he will walk around the head on his guard, ready for the wolf to potentially attack.

OOC Step and wait his way around.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1157 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 19 Dec 2020
at 20:19
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 246):

Kirpich will hold his ground, and missile, in case the beast re-appears, in which case he will launch the missile at it's head...

This message was last edited by the player at 20:20, Sat 19 Dec 2020.

Aethul
 player, 268 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 19 Dec 2020
at 23:56
The Beast of Veroigne
He also stands ready with his bow
dire wolf
 NPC, 6 posts
 bigger and badder
Mon 21 Dec 2020
at 20:47
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 251):

The oversized canine is backing away slowly and growling. It is about twelve yards away from the beast, but only Balir can see it.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 362 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 01:00
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir is confident the creature will run, so he slowly advances on it.  long the way, he announces to the group loudly "I have the large wolf in front of me.  It is holding it's ground.  You may advance."
Aethul
 player, 269 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 02:27
The Beast of Veroigne
He moves forward to the downed beast and looks over it at the wolf, aiming his bow   Time to go Boy, or you become a rug somewhere.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1158 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 09:32
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 254):

Kirpich, missile in hand, will approach the other side of the beast, inviting Chunky to stay close.
dire wolf
 NPC, 7 posts
 bigger and badder
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 19:44
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 255):

Asyou all come around the carcass, the wolf turns and runs at great speed.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 363 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 00:54
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will wait sufficiently long for the animal to be long gone, and then go about his work.  He's not a butcher or a cook, but he can work with the people who do have this experience to try and get meat for the farm workers, and whatever else they might need.

OOC  Balir may be arrogant, but on this point he knows that he isn't an expert.  He'll for the most part follow directions if someone knows what they are doing.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1159 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 09:24
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 257):

Kirpich will send his stone missile at the beast as a parting gift...
Dire wolf
 NPC, 1 post
 Big and bad
 What big teeth you have
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 20:10
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 258):

You are aiming at the hindquarters of a fleeing wolf, moving at high speed. Vitals are not accessible. And due to range, you get a torso hit whichknocks the wind out of it with a yelp.
Aethul
 player, 270 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 22:33
The Beast of Veroigne
That wasn't necessary, it was fleeing Kirpich.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 132 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 25 Dec 2020
at 14:11
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 260):

"That was a bit much."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1160 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 03:13
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 261):

"It was never going to kill it at that range. But a wolf that size will hunt villagers and other humans. I wanted to make it afraid to come near humans if not remove the threat altogether. Wolfs that size are just not natural..."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 119 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Tue 29 Dec 2020
at 18:20
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 262):

"From what I have seen, oversize beasts may be natural for this land."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1161 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 06:54
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 263):

"Perhaps, but more likely something is afoot..."
Aethul
 player, 271 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 17:30
The Beast of Veroigne
Let us recover whatever we need and be on our way ...

He will take the two wolf pelts.
Narrator
 GM, 8537 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 20:50
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 265):

Even slightly damaged, they are worth $100 each.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1162 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 4 Jan 2021
at 21:03
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 266):

"Agreed. I will keep watch."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 367 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 7 Jan 2021
at 00:42
The Beast of Veroigne
If anyone has skill for harvesting organs or parts of importance from the beast, Balir will assist.  Might as well take back as much as they can carry, in his opinion.
Narrator
 GM, 8547 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 18:22
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 268):

Iq-5 or survival -2.
Aethul
 player, 273 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 18:50
The Beast of Veroigne
Perhaps I can assist, being a woodsman does provide some knowledge.
Narrator
 GM, 8553 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 Jan 2021
at 18:26
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 270):

You are able to extract the glands and bladder that let the beast breathe fire, of some value to an alchemist or incanter.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 369 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 18:36
The Beast of Veroigne
"Is there anything else you're needing, then, or can we leave the carcass to the wolves?  Maybe another helping of raw meat for the farm hands?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:42, Wed 13 Jan.

Aethul
 player, 274 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 20:08
The Beast of Veroigne
I wonder if it is even edible? I most certainly would consider it tainted.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1163 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 02:27
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 273):

"I am not convinced the meat is edible either, especially coming from a beast that seems to be magical, but happy to give them what they need. But I fear we may have other issues we need to deal with, so lets finish this and get ready for dealing with the undead at the stronghold."
Aethul
 player, 275 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 03:03
The Beast of Veroigne
We may need to unload these organs first, as I doubt they keep well. We could also buy a few items to assist in taking said castle.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1164 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 05:27
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 275):

"Good Point. I just want to stop by there to make sure we have not opened Pandora's Box..."
Narrator
 GM, 8571 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 19:42
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 276):

The wolf meat might be more palatable.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1165 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 22:05
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 277):

"So we ready to head back, via the castle?"
Aethul
 player, 276 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 22:32
The Beast of Veroigne
I think we skip the castle unless we wish to get involved there ... this stuff is perishable and even if we found something there, what are we going to do? Lose the cash  form the organs and the opportunity to equip ourselves properly? Bad plan, lets haste to sell this and buy the things we need, then go to the castle.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1166 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 22:36
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 279):

"I can ensure the entrance is securely closed in a short time by moving earth. That is all I had in mind."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 370 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 01:27
The Beast of Veroigne
"I believe we should head back, but if you feel we should double check the castle, then I can accept that."
Narrator
 GM, 8582 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Jan 2021
at 18:23
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 281):

You make your way back to the farmstead with your assorted hides and some wolf meat.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:18, Tue 19 Jan.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1167 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 18 Jan 2021
at 19:52
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 282):

And from there back to the castle, assuming the (female) farmer is OK, with her family.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:52, Mon 18 Jan.

Narrator
 GM, 8588 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 19 Jan 2021
at 19:19
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 283):

You return to the gates of the tower, with their tunnel.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1168 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 19 Jan 2021
at 19:26
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 284):

Any signs the tunnel has seen use recently?
Narrator
 GM, 8595 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 19 Jan 2021
at 19:55
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 285):

Make a tracking roll?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1169 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 19 Jan 2021
at 20:00
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 286):

Kirpich looks closely...
Narrator
 GM, 8600 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 19 Jan 2021
at 20:04
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 287):

There has been traffic in both directions,   although none as fresh as today. Narrow feet in soft shoes dragging something i ward.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1170 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 20 Jan 2021
at 07:00
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 287):

Kirpich will shape earth to close off the tunnel, very well.
Narrator
 GM, 8605 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 21 Jan 2021
at 18:31
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 289):

Nicely done!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1171 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 04:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 290):

The tunnel well and truly closed off, Kirpich is ready to head back to town with the others to deal with the creature parts...
Narrator
 GM, 8612 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 18:50
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 291):

Not quite certainof the location of the town, unless it lies to the south.

So far, there has only been the rice growing Village, and there is supposed to be a fortified town that is theseat of the barony.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1172 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 22 Jan 2021
at 19:16
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 292):

Right. I was thinking of Northport, unless someone knows of a closer town we could unload stuff?
Aethul
 player, 277 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 23 Jan 2021
at 03:14
The Beast of Veroigne
Yes, a known place.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1173 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 23 Jan 2021
at 03:29
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 294):

"So Northport, right? Or do you know of a closer place?"
Aethul
 player, 278 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 23 Jan 2021
at 16:54
The Beast of Veroigne
I do not.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1174 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 23 Jan 2021
at 20:19
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 296):

Then we head off to Northport...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 373 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 25 Jan 2021
at 17:23
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir will start off as the point man as they return to Northport.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1175 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 25 Jan 2021
at 20:46
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 298):

Kirpich will lead the donkey, burdened down as it is.
Narrator
 GM, 8622 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Jan 2021
at 18:20
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 299):

Killing the beast was a job for the baron, if you want the pay for that you will need to see the baron. In the meantime, going back to Northport is an option as well,your loot exceeds the value of the reward, but why not both?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1176 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 27 Jan 2021
at 19:24
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 300):

If we know where the Baron is and that we can sell our loot there, fine for the baron. But as I understand, the loot, ie the beasts parts, are what will decompose first. The Baron's beast has been killed, so I expect he will pay us later without loss, but the Loot needs to be sold much more urgently. Yes?
Narrator
 GM, 8629 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 28 Jan 2021
at 19:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 301):

That works. So from the castle gates you head slong the iter toward the rice village...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1177 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 29 Jan 2021
at 04:13
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 302):

If we believe they will buy the parts, lets head there!
Balir Ironhide
 player, 374 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 18:49
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC  Good with that.  We just need to keep some evidence of our work.  :)
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1178 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 19:21
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 304):

What parts do you have that are not subject to decomposition? Or maybe a written statement from the village elder of what he/others in the village have bought...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:23, Mon 01 Feb.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 376 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 23:37
The Beast of Veroigne
OOC  We talked about getting the head, which may be preserved in concrete.  Pretty sure we have a few organs too.  Probably some toes, maybe some teeth.

Balir at the very least would have been VERY sure to keep evidence.  His inflated ego and bragging rights depend on having proof to display to the skeptics.

Aethul
 player, 279 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 2 Feb 2021
at 03:19
The Beast of Veroigne
Balir likely has scales and skin too... I am trying to preserve and carry the organs...
Narrator
 GM, 8647 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 20:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 307):

Balir has enough scaly hide to make a lightweight suit of DR5 armor(equal to dragonhide) and enough scales to cover a shield.
The head, as said,  is embedded in a slab of concrete... for 24 hours at least

(Created stone costs 10x energy to be permanent )
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1179 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 20:22
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 308):

Yeah, no need to make it permanent. I think a letter from the nearest village elder that the beast has been slain should suffice, and the hide and parts that we sell there should suffice for the letter, so that will be Kirpich's way of thinking.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1180 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 21 Feb 2021
at 02:35
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 309):

So we head to the village, based on advice/discussion above, to sell what parts we can and get a letter from the village elder testifying to what we have done.
Narrator
 GM, 8699 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 22 Feb 2021
at 19:56
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 310):

As near as you can figure, the nearest settlement should be several miles south along the iter.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1181 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 22 Feb 2021
at 20:06
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 311):

Then, in the absence of other suggestions, we head there.
Narrator
 GM, 8704 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 25 Feb 2021
at 19:26
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 312):

You head along the iter for a day, passing an abandoned farm house or two on the way. As dusk approaches,  you look to mske camp
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1182 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 25 Feb 2021
at 21:00
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 313):

"Aethul, you see a good place to make camp?"
Aethul
 player, 280 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 26 Feb 2021
at 18:17
The Beast of Veroigne
Let me look around.

He returns a while later  Looks to be an OK site just over here.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1183 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 28 Feb 2021
at 20:05
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 315):

"Right. Lets make camp then. I can take first watch."

He prepares to camp, creating some food and water.
Narrator
 GM, 8719 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 1 Mar 2021
at 17:59
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 316):

You find a spot that looks like it is a short walk to a well.
Aethul
 player, 281 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 1 Mar 2021
at 21:55
The Beast of Veroigne
I'll check the well to be sure it is clean.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1184 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 2 Mar 2021
at 06:06
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 318):

A well out here? That sounds rather civilized for the wilderness...what else is around?
Narrator
 GM, 8730 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 2 Mar 2021
at 19:23
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 319):

Among the weeds you can find a number of low stone walls. Plague hit this place very hard forty years ago.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1185 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 2 Mar 2021
at 20:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 320):

Old building that would provide some cover? a good spot to camp...
Narrator
 GM, 8739 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 6 Mar 2021
at 20:31
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 321):

The foundation walls are barely a foot or so high, probably the base for a wattle and daub half timber building, as was common. Whatever was here is long since gone and grown over.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1186 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 6 Mar 2021
at 21:43
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 322):

A foot or so will still provide some cover, and the place can be cleared out. But Kirpich will take Aethuls' advice on a good place to camp, and begin to set up there.
Narrator
 GM, 8746 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 7 Mar 2021
at 18:09
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 323):

Set up watches as the night falls.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1187 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 7 Mar 2021
at 19:40
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 324):

Repeat of msg #316,

"Right. Lets make camp then. I can take first watch."

He prepares to camp, creating some food and water.
Aethul
 player, 282 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 7 Mar 2021
at 20:09
The Beast of Veroigne
No preference as to shift ...
Narrator
 GM, 8763 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 15:15
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 326):

Once we hear from the others we can resume
Aethul
 player, 283 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 23:46
The Beast of Veroigne
There are others?
Narrator
 GM, 8775 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 11 Mar 2021
at 21:49
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 328):

Balir
Aethul
 player, 284 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 19:01
The Beast of Veroigne
He was having RL issues like I was; mine have resolved mostly.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 380 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 15 Mar 2021
at 17:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 330):

(npc'd)

The doughty dwarf volunteers for the dawn watch, along with Marlena, and Snorri offers to take the watch overlapping Kirpich and Aethul's watches.
Narrator
 GM, 8793 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Mar 2021
at 18:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 331):

dueing the middle watch, as Kirpich is handing off to Aethul, there is a creaking sound, as of a door opening. The surrounding area is obscured from sight, likewise the starry sky, except for a squarish bit of light to one side. It looks like you are indoors... but you can still feel the breeze as if you were outside.
Aethul
 player, 285 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 19 Mar 2021
at 18:52
The Beast of Veroigne
Watch me kirpich, He goes over tword the square of light on guard and looks to see what is going on.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1188 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 19 Mar 2021
at 20:30
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 333):

Kirpich takes a lit branch from the fire as a makeshift torch. Not that he needs it...
Narrator
 GM, 8804 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Mar 2021
at 17:47
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 334):

as you were waking Aethul this manifestation occurred.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1189 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 3 Apr 2021
at 21:57
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 335):

What can Kripich see with his night vision?
Narrator
 GM, 8825 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 4 Apr 2021
at 17:11
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 336):

the torch limits your night vision (if your back were to it you would be fine,)

but you can see the walls and tge underside of a thatched roof, and a man entering the door, with a bucket in hand.  beside a bed with two wan looking children sits a forlorn woman, who reaches toward the man with the bucket as he enters.
Aethul
 player, 286 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 4 Apr 2021
at 18:54
The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul pauses and waits quietly to see what occurs, he has an uneasy feeling about this.
Narrator
 GM, 8830 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 5 Apr 2021
at 17:03
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 338):

the woman takes the bucket, dips a rag into it and wrings it out before placing it on the head of one of the sleeping children. the other one coughs heavily, convulsing.   all of this transpires silently.
Aethul
 player, 287 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 5 Apr 2021
at 20:09
The Beast of Veroigne
He does not hear the child Cough?

Assuming he does hear the child and doesn't feel like there is a gate to another place here, He say Excuse me, but I heard the child coughing, may I try to assist in healing as best I know how?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1190 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 6 Apr 2021
at 05:12
The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 340):

Kirpich will place the torch against an old wall, and call on From for guidance... silently.
Narrator
 GM, 8836 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 6 Apr 2021
at 23:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Narrator:
  all of this transpires silently.

Aethul sees thecough but does not hear anything except Kirpich praying to Grom.


Kirpich definitely senses spirits!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1191 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 7 Apr 2021
at 01:02
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 342):

"Ghosts, Aethul. Probably all died of plague. Not really sure how to set them to rest though."
Aethul
 player, 288 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 7 Apr 2021
at 02:40
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Aye, Sad, an I am not sure we can help 'em much.
Narrator
 GM, 8853 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 13 Apr 2021
at 16:32
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 344):

the woman wrings the colth again and places it back on the child's forehead.  Fromthe other child she takes a compress and dunks it in the same bucket before wringing and replacing it.
The husband takes a dipper full of water from the bucket and drinks it...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1192 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 13 Apr 2021
at 20:49
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 345):

"I can see why they all died...not the best hygiene. Still, it is in the past...I think. How can we help their spirits to rest, I wonder?"
Aethul
 player, 289 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 15 Apr 2021
at 03:03
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Perhaps your God can give them release, if not I am willing to pray for assitance from one of them.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1193 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 15 Apr 2021
at 04:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 347):

"I know not magic that will release them. I can turn them, but why anger them? I could also exorcise them...would that help them though? Grom is an earth God, not a spirit guide..."
Aethul
 player, 290 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 15 Apr 2021
at 15:05
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
A God can do many things... I am not aware of their limits. But if you do not wish to ask, leave me to try
Narrator
 GM, 8868 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 16 Apr 2021
at 17:54
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 349):

Aethul notices something  through the "Window" where the moonlight shines on a patch of earth.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 120 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 16 Apr 2021
at 17:57
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 350):

"Should we rouse everyone? I am not at ease with haunts"
Aethul
 player, 291 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 16 Apr 2021
at 20:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul does notice something...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1194 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 16 Apr 2021
at 21:18
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 352):

"I am happy to ask, but I am not sure what to ask for, to be honest, or even how to ask for it in this case. But I think we should not rouse everyone else...let them rest, unless they become hostile."
Aethul
 player, 292 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 17 Apr 2021
at 02:49
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Yes, let them rest, these spirits seem to be no threat.
Narrator
 GM, 8875 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 17 Apr 2021
at 17:45
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 354):

moonlight catches on something half buried.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1195 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 17 Apr 2021
at 22:00
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 355):

Assuming Kirpich noticed this, or it was pointed out to him, he will investigate...
Aethul
 player, 293 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 18 Apr 2021
at 03:17
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He approaches it carefully ... and keeps Kirpich from grabbing it , making sure it is safe.
Narrator
 GM, 8877 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 18 Apr 2021
at 17:43
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 357):

Aethul was divi ely inspired to notice something through the "window", outside the house.

are you going out the "door" or trying to walk through "walls?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1196 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 18 Apr 2021
at 20:22
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 358):

Kirpich will walk through the walls, but he will need Aethul to point it out to him in this case. He has no intention of touching it until he has had a good look at it.
Aethul
 player, 294 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 19 Apr 2021
at 02:57
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He will walk to the door, if that is where this item is... the item is through a "door"?
Narrator
 GM, 8892 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 22 Apr 2021
at 19:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 360):

you could see the item out the "window" and would need to exit by the "door" and walk arou d the "house"
Aethul
 player, 295 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 23 Apr 2021
at 20:49
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OK, I do that and look at what it is...
Narrator
 GM, 8901 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 23 Apr 2021
at 20:57
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 362):

you espy the loop of what may be a bucket handle
Aethul
 player, 296 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 23 Apr 2021
at 20:59
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He wonders if this is the same bucket the ghost used, he tries to move it with his knife blade
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1197 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 24 Apr 2021
at 00:22
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 364):

Kirpich let's the Ranger look.

"I could move the earth..." he offers.
Aethul
 player, 297 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 25 Apr 2021
at 18:10
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
May be needed too, let me see how buried it is first ...
Narrator
 GM, 8908 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 27 Apr 2021
at 17:23
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 364):

the bucket is half buried,  along with something else...
Aethul
 player, 298 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 27 Apr 2021
at 22:38
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul will try and lift the bucket with the blade (bucket nadle near the guard) , if that doesn't work, he'll dig somesoil away with his knife
Narrator
 GM, 8913 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 14:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 368):

the bucket shifts, make a ST check
Aethul
 player, 299 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 28 Apr 2021
at 19:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He tugs and puts a bit of effort into lifting it
Narrator
 GM, 8918 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Apr 2021
at 18:45
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 370):

you pull the wretched bucket free of the soil, and a skeletal hand slips from the edge and falls to the ground.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1198 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 29 Apr 2021
at 20:22
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 371):

"I think we need to give them a proper burial..."

Can the rest of the skeleton be seen?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:23, Thu 29 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 8926 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Apr 2021
at 20:25
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 372):

it seems partially  butnot properly buried.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1199 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 29 Apr 2021
at 20:38
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 373):

Kirpich will move the earth away from the skeleton to avoid disturbing it.


He will then look around, perhaps looking to the ghosts, for indications of other body locations.
Narrator
 GM, 8929 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Apr 2021
at 17:13
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 374):

outside of the "house" you no longer see the apparitions...
Aethul
 player, 300 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 30 Apr 2021
at 23:42
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Yes, Perhaps that, but certainly a blessing to send them on.
I find their plight unsettling.

Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 133 posts
 traveling magician
Thu 6 May 2021
at 19:49
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 376):

Marlena leans out the"window" and callscto Aethus. "They don't look so good in here."
Aethul
 player, 301 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 7 May 2021
at 00:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
I can only guess Marlena... it's only a skeleton here.  We need to do omething to release them from this world.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1200 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 9 May 2021
at 12:55
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 378):

"There is a spell I think is appropriate here, but is should be accompanied by a proper burial. Final Rest is a ceremonial spell."

OOC: Not Entirely sure who can contribute...Everyone willing?
Aethul
 player, 302 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 10 May 2021
at 02:45
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Aethel will... will one spell do for the whole family?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1201 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 10 May 2021
at 07:09
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 380):

Normally one per body...
Aethul
 player, 303 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 10 May 2021
at 20:02
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
That's going to be 80 Fatigue to send them all on ... Going to be a lot of resting between spells.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1202 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 10 May 2021
at 22:00
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 382):

"Assuming we find the bodies...were there two children, or just one?"
Aethul
 player, 304 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 11 May 2021
at 04:05
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Two, one very small, and the parents
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1203 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 11 May 2021
at 08:10
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 384):

"Is it possible not everyone died?"
Aethul
 player, 305 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 11 May 2021
at 22:42
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
I suppose it is, I have an adult skeleton out here ... what's inside?
Narrator
 GM, 8968 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 15 May 2021
at 02:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 386):

inside the house, or the bucket?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1204 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 15 May 2021
at 03:37
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 387):

Inside the house, I presume he means. Having exhumed the skeleton, Kirpich will check the bucket as well.
Narrator
 GM, 8977 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 15 May 2021
at 18:20
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 388):

the bucket only holds dust. within the house are some mounds you have been sitting on...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1205 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 15 May 2021
at 23:05
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 389):

"It would seem that most of the family were buried, and only the last one, presumably the father, remains. Let us join together to put him at rest. if anyone has a power item that would assist, I would be grateful."

He begins the ceremony as soon as he has everyone assisting him, either saying a prayer or helping to bury the dead.

[OOC: Since I doubt anyone else, mage or otherwise, know Final Rest in our group, folk are able to contribute 1 fp per person. So we have Aethul, Marlena, Balir, Snorri...can Chunky contribute one? With Kirpich 11 fp, that comes to 16. Kirpich' power item is exhausted, so he would need to borrow another or burn hp. He is willing to burn HP to cast the spell, maintaining 1 FP so he has strength to stay conscious, recovering to full FP before casting Major Healing to recover HP, then recovering FP back to full again.]
Aethul
 player, 306 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 16 May 2021
at 02:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He can provide 4 for this cause... perhaps Marlena too could provide more than one.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1207 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 16 May 2021
at 03:40
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 391):

Aethul knows Final Rest? Very useful!
Aethul
 player, 307 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 16 May 2021
at 20:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 392):

No, but he can provide Mana or FP or whatever.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 134 posts
 traveling magician
Sun 16 May 2021
at 20:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 392):

Marlena knows Lend energy, and can perform that mid casting.

chunky cannot be used as a battery wirhout an upgrade that allows him to be an energy reserve, which might be doable at your next point disbursement
Aethul
 player, 308 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 16 May 2021
at 20:09
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He knows that spell as well, but wasn't sure how to employ it until some fatigue was spent.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1208 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 16 May 2021
at 20:54
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 395):

Ok, I am not sure how the GM wants to run this, but lend energy mid casting could be good, given it is a 10 minute spell. GM, over to you...
Narrator
 GM, 8988 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 May 2021
at 18:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 396):

that should work nicely.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1209 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 17 May 2021
at 20:11
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 397):

So then we ceremonially cast Final rest, and then recover our strength...
Narrator
 GM, 9006 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 21 May 2021
at 19:30
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 398):

and how is the bucket disposed of?
Aethul
 player, 309 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 21 May 2021
at 22:43
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
It isn't,  it was just left alone as there was nothing but dirt in it and no reason to take it.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1210 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 23 May 2021
at 11:03
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 400):

Kirpich will bury him with it. Was there anything noticeable about it?
Narrator
 GM, 9023 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 May 2021
at 17:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 401):

not particularly,  it just seemed out of place where it was.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1211 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 27 May 2021
at 20:38
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 402):

Well, he died holding is, so we can bury him with it.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 121 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 28 May 2021
at 19:10
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 403):

"Was he comming or going to thr well with it?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1212 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 28 May 2021
at 21:59
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 404):

"Good Question, not sure if we could tell."

Could we?
Narrator
 GM, 9032 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 29 May 2021
at 23:01
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 405):

body was facing away from the house
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1213 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 29 May 2021
at 23:13
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 406):

"It would seem he was leaving for the well..."
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 135 posts
 traveling magician
Mon 7 Jun 2021
at 17:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 407):

"Maybe he was trying to put the bucket back."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1214 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 7 Jun 2021
at 19:42
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 408):

"Maybe. But there is no reason except perhaps OCD. But he died with it, so I think bury him with it, as we have done. It is possible the disease came from the well, but in that case we are best not to use the water there. Rest up and move on?"
Aethul
 player, 310 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 8 Jun 2021
at 03:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Sounds like the plan.
Narrator
 GM, 9083 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Jun 2021
at 17:02
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 409):

the gaunt laid to rest, the rest of the night passes uneventfully.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1215 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 18 Jun 2021
at 22:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 411):

The next morning, having fully recovered, we eat the rest of the food created the night before and head off along the iter to the village, to try to sell the parts of the beast.
Narrator
 GM, 9097 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 02:46
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 412):

the seat of the barony is along the iter, so you follow the road another day before having to make camp. the road looks to be more traveled than the northern part.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1216 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 04:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 413):

Were we headed to the seat of the Barony, or just somewhere to sell the beast parts? I thought we were headed to a village...

Kirpich will make food as before...

This message was last edited by the player at 04:21, Thu 24 June.

Narrator
 GM, 9100 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 16:30
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 414):

the nearest place you know of where you could sell the hide is the town at the seat of the Barony, whence you might also claim your reward.
Aethul
 player, 311 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 19:50
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Ah, the seat of the Baron we are supposed to depose...
Narrator
 GM, 9101 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 21:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 416):

The baron who could be deposed, but also promised two hundred pieces of gold to whoever could end the predations of the beast
Aethul
 player, 312 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 24 Jun 2021
at 21:38
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
An even sweeter deal
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1217 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 25 Jun 2021
at 05:37
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 418):

Right...
Narrator
 GM, 9103 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 27 Jun 2021
at 18:21
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 419):

the next morning you approach the walled town, an ancient place by the edge of a slow moving river.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1218 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 29 Jun 2021
at 00:17
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 420):

"Right. As I understand, we do not have evidence of anything other than incompetance for overthrowing him. Let's get paid and get evidence before we start talking about revolting, and sell these beast parts."
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 33 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Wed 30 Jun 2021
at 17:26
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 421):

the gates to the town are open, and a cadre of lightly armored men wearing red and black surcoats emblazoned with a yellow sheaf of wheat loiter around the entrance

This message was last edited by the player at 17:27, Wed 30 June.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1219 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 09:57
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Pequenaud's men (msg # 422):

Let them know we are here to claim the bounty on the beast...
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 122 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 19:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 423):

"Ho there! We have slain the Beast that stalks these lands! Where is your master?"
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 34 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 17:28
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 424):

"Our Master? The Baron is in his hall, in thecenter of town. what proof do you have of this feat?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1220 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 20:46
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Pequenaud's men (msg # 425):

"Various beastly parts he. could not do without..."

My (players) memory is poor, but I think we took the head, no?
Narrator
 GM, 9197 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 17:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 426):

the head is encased in a few tons of stone.

you do have the hide.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1221 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 20:24
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 427):

Which by now is probably back to earth. Ok, we show the hide...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 381 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 27 Jul 2021
at 18:38
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 428):

Balir unfurls the hide with Snorri, stretching it out well past the size of an ordinary Slorn skin.
Aethul
 player, 313 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 02:22
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC - Good to see you back!
Narrator
 GM, 9207 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 16:23
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 430):
ooc
he is still npc'd
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 35 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 16:25
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 431):

after a quick whispered conversation, the guardsmen offer to escort you to the Baron's hall
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1222 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 29 Jul 2021
at 00:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Pequenaud's men (msg # 432):

Kirpich will follow them, waiting to be introduced after collecting all the parts.
Aethul
 player, 314 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 29 Jul 2021
at 02:50
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He watches, did they leave any guards at the gate?
Narrator
 GM, 9217 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Jul 2021
at 18:21
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 434):

yes, about a half dozen are still at the gate. four are accompanying you.
Narrator
 GM, 9224 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 21:02
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 435):

The townsfolk look at you a little suspiciously, but a crowd soon gathers as word that you have slain the beast gets around.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1223 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 1 Aug 2021
at 20:26
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 436):

"Now remember what we are here for... to get paid. And to inform him of the vampyre problem."
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 36 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 19:35
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 437):

you are lead under a raised porticullis and into the hall. a number of guardsmen and petitioners are present, and on a dias are seated a statuesque bloond woman in a bluegown, wearing asilver diadem, and doing needlepoint., along side an oafish looking heavyset and balding man wearing a gold pectoral chain and a sour expression.

flanked by two guardsmen is a tall dark woman with a slender sword at her hip.
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 1 post
 Lord of Veroigne
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 20:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Pequenaud's men (msg # 438):

"The tavern of the Bristled Boar claims that you instigated a brawl, which left three dead, including one of my guardsmen.  What have you to say for yourself?"
Hannatti
 player, 13 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 21:15
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Well, Your Lordship*," starts Hannatti, taking her time to assess those in power in front of her, "it's certainly true that I was there. And it's also true that there was a fracas. But I contest that it is patently untrue that I started anything other than defending myself when violence, unsought and unseemly, came my way. Now I'm not saying I'm clean as the driven snow in all this - I certainly did cause, inadvertantly of course, and in the process of defending myself, some amount of damage to furniture fittings. And for that I would offer reparation, but currenly must admit to being somewhat financially embarrassed, having a meere $15 to my now-sullied name." She shrugs, arms out-raised and looks openly, appealing at the Lord and Ladies, inviting them to dismiss the more serious of the charges being levelled.

======
*Savoir-Faire (High Society) for the appropriate form of address?
09:13, Today: Hannatti rolled 12 using 3d6.  Savoir-Faire (High Society). Maybe Cultural Familiarity (Aralaise) helps here..
09:16, Today: Hannatti rolled 6 using 3d6.  Fast-Talk 9.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:18, Sat 07 Aug.

Narrator
 GM, 9237 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 00:01
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
occ:
it is customary to post the rolls at the bottom of the response.

further options- you are a woman, and can plead specific violence against your person suggested or otherwise and appeal to the baronness for leniency on those grounds
Hannatti
 player, 15 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 09:17
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Seeking inspiration the tall dark woman with a slender sword at her hip looks sideways at the newcomers. Her eyes linger on the tall bowman clad in green. Inspired, Hannatti seeks out the Baronness's gaze, her eyes searching the other's. "Your Ladyship, in many circles it's still a man's world, despite good litigation to the contrary. One fellow made unwelcome advances and, when rebuffed, threatened violence. I did slap his hand away and told him 'I'm not that kind of girl'." Her eyes serach the face of the baroness and then try to hold her eyes. Licking her lips the dark girl continues, "He didn't like that and said awful things he was going to do (to me) and he bared his weapon and people started fighting and it all went mad after that. I'm asking, no appealing, to you for leniency, here. Please, Your Ladyship?"

======
Narrator:
occ: it is customary to post the rolls at the bottom of the response...
  Edited into previous post.


 12. ]

This message was last edited by the player at 10:24, Mon 09 Aug.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1225 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 06:59
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 442):

Kirpich watched proceedings as they talked, noting the way things were going.

Rather than interrupt with words, he simply had those with him roll out the hide of the beast, and then waited for the Barons reaction.
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 2 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 17:52
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 443):

"Be that as it may, there was sufficient disruption of the peace that... what have we here?"
the baron rises to his feet, his face reddening  as he does so, wincing, as though he had a severe headache.

This message was last updated by the player at 18:44, Sun 08 Aug.

Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud
 NPC, 1 post
 Lady of Veroigne
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 17:58
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 442):

The blond woman blinks, and pauses before replying.
"Milord, This woman was threatened with unspeakable violations, and had to defend herself. Two of the deceased werecompanio s known for their bawdiness, and disrespect for the rule of law. Wecan only assume that they were responsible for Constable Franjean's demise....
...Are you well milord? Shall I have one of your digestive draughts prepared?"

Hannatti
 player, 16 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 18:09
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Not daring to actually smile Hannatti bobs the smallest of bows and tries to say 'thank you' with her eyes to the Baroness. She remains silent to see how it will play out with the folks that have just delivered a weird looking carpet.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Sun 08 Aug.

Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 3 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 18:47
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud (msg # 445):

"Enough of your draughts, my belly is afire and my head throbs...You there, what is that which you have u furled in my hall? Can it be?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1227 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 20:13
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baron Marcel Pequenaud (msg # 447):

"This would be the hide of the beast which laid waste your lands, Milord. I heard there was a reward for its...removal. Does it's presence ail you, Milord?"
Aethul
 player, 321 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 02:27
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He smiles as hey tall dark Lady eyes him, But he say's alert to the guards, as he doesn't feel that Justice is their quest.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:20, Mon 09 Aug.

Hannatti
 player, 17 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 03:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 449):

While the Baron is distracted Hannatti turns to gawk. With her face turned away so that the Baroness can't see she smiles back at the suitably tall fellow in green and despite herself winks at him with the eye furthest from the Baroness.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:11, Mon 09 Aug.

Aethul
 player, 322 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 03:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He smirks, the lady is on the carpet and still makes eyes at him ... he thinks he'd like to get to chat with her. Then realizes his mind isn't where it needs to be and wipes the smirk and and checks around them again.
Hannatti
 player, 18 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 03:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 451):

Hannatti turns her attention back to the Baroness and then the Baron and waits. She hopes for the best but remains aware of possible exits just in case.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:22, Mon 09 Aug.

Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 4 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 11:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 452):

"To the contrary,  This hide you bear warms the cockles of my heart, and lightens my step. How came you upon the beast, and where might be its head?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 382 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 11:13
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baron Marcel Pequenaud (msg # 453):

"The beast was slain at great cost, and the remains were attacked by dire wolves. The creature was larger than this, but only this much hide was good for the making of armor after the battle.
Our Faun was bitten in twain by it, and were it not for our good priest, we would all be scorched and the creature still rampaging  over your land."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:34, Fri 13 Aug.

Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud
 NPC, 2 posts
 Lady of Veroigne
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 11:17
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 452):

The baroness makes brief eye contact with Hannatti, and turns her gaze back to the grisly trophy.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1228 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 12:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 454):

"True indeed. It's head was buried in the earth, and was too big for us to bring in any case. Scavengers may by now have picked it clean."
Hannatti
 player, 22 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 17:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud (msg # 455):

Hannatti riks a small smile to the Baroness and then follows her gaaze towards the newcomers.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 136 posts
 traveling magician
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 18:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 457):

The attractive woman who entered with the hide bearers is about five six, heavily armored, and scrupulously clean. greenish sparks crackle around her hand where it meets the staff. She catches Hannatti's eye, but quickly shifts her gaze to the rapier at her side.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 123 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 18:09
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 456):

"Aye," calls the blondish, scarred Shevnian man beside the earth priest and the woman with the staff, "Kirpich here stuck its head in the ground while we chopped it off. It were the size of one of the great wolves, but twice as broad."
Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud
 NPC, 3 posts
 Lady of Veroigne
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 18:13
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 459):

"That does sound to bethe Beast which has terrorized our fair land."
Hannatti
 player, 23 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 22:38
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 458):

Hannatti idly rests her hand on her rapier sheath and subtly edges the weapon's handle towards the woman with the crackling staff, almost like gently pointing, actually offering a message.

She glances back at the pair of nobles and then looks again to the group of apparently successful hunters.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:16, Thu 12 Aug.

Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 137 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 17:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 461):

"Baron, we had to enchant the creature, blind it ,and sever its legs and suffocate  cate it before it could be beheaded."

her hair flutters as if in a breeze, an she blinks hard, and raises a finger as if to make a point, and then lowrrs it again.
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 5 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 17:40
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 462):

his face a bit blotchy, the baron reaches to touch the hide, and the withdraws his hand..."A grand tale indeed. Do we have proof of these dire wolves as well?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:41, Fri 13 Aug.

Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud
 NPC, 4 posts
 Lady of Veroigne
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 17:43
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 461):

"Our guests must be parched, bring the ale."

She holds Hannatti's gaze as she says this, speaking from behind her husband as she continues sewing.
Hannatti
 player, 27 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 19:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
The swordmistress returns her attention to the baron and baroness, idly rubbing her left palm on her hip. She calmly waits to see who truly holds power here, the one who thinks he does, or the one sewing.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1229 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 23:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 465):

"I am not sure if we grabbed one of their pelts. Did we?"
Aethul
 player, 323 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 02:55
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
I did not.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 124 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 14:59
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 467):

"The hides were too badly damaged to present to one of your stature, Lord, and we gave the meat to a woman whose man was slain by the beast."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 16:31, Thu 19 Aug.

Hannatti
 player, 36 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 20:56
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 468):

Under guise of looking at the nobles or the animal-skinners, Hannatti seeks how many visible exits and roughly how many guards there are and the weoponry of the latter.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 37 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Thu 19 Aug 2021
at 16:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 469):

the guardsmen are wearing reinforced leather armor, although two have brigandine torso armor, they carry shortswords and crossbows, and there are 6 lightly armored and two heavily armored ones, closed to the dias.
there is an exit that leads deeper inside the keep, one that heads to the kitchens, or the cellars, as ale is being brought from that way, and the front entrance, which may have more guards outside.
Hannatti
 player, 45 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 09:54
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti looks back to the Baroness wondering how things will go.

======
OOC: Just checking, are we waiting on me?

Hannatti
 player, 46 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 14:27
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Long seconds stretch out with everyone apparently watching everyone else as ale is bought in from the kitchen or cellars.

She tries to catch the Baroness's eye by rubbing her sides, just below the ribs, leaning forwards slightly as she does so. This slightly accentuaties her curves in the Baroness's direction. The rubbing motion is with palms upwards. On catching the Baroness's attention Hannatti straightens her hands with a tiny but emphatic gesture, coupled with raised eyebrows, much as to say 'Are we going to stand here all day? What happens next?'

======
15:25, Today: Hannatti rolled 11 using 3d6.  Gesture.

Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud
 NPC, 5 posts
 Lady of Veroigne
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 16:20
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 472):

thebarroness glances toward the exit heading deeper in and casually extends 4 fingers to touch her arm, suggesting an interval of time.
Hannatti
 player, 47 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 16:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti noss back and gvives the briefest of smiles of gratitude.

She keeps a lookout for any subtle pointing by the baroness as a signal to run like Hades into the deeper exit.
Narrator
 GM, 9290 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 21:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 474):

closer to 4 minutes...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1230 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 25 Aug 2021
at 01:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 475):

Seeing the Baron's response had seemingly been distracted, Kirpich got to the point.

"So, Sire, I understand there was a reward for ridding the kingdom of this beastie. We would like to claim it."
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 6 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Thu 26 Aug 2021
at 17:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 476):
"Harumph. How am I to tell that this is not merely a common Slorn that you have killed? Let me send some outriders to see if the head is where you say it is."



neutral reaction roll from a miser.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:09, Thu 26 Aug.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1231 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 26 Aug 2021
at 22:29
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baron Marcel Pequenaud (msg # 477):

"Please do. And tell them not to tarry. You did make an offer, and we expect you to be true to your word, as you will find the truth of our words before Grom."
Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud
 NPC, 6 posts
 Lady of Veroigne
Mon 30 Aug 2021
at 16:52
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 478):

"Then let us reconvene when your scouts have returned. All of these... Bounty hunters... she gestures to the assemblage, including Hannatti, can return to the inn. Meanwhile,  I shall return to my rooms where I can... practice my needlepoint in peace. "

This message was last edited by the player at 19:52, Mon 30 Aug.

Hannatti
 player, 55 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 30 Aug 2021
at 17:20
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud (msg # 479):

Hannatti is thanksful that she's not had to make the decision between accepting being locked up and trying to fight her way out. She watches a little longer in case either the baron makes a counter-pronouncement or something else occurs with the bounty hunters.
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 7 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Mon 30 Aug 2021
at 19:57
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baroness Lorraine Pequenaud (msg # 479):
The baron waves his hand dismissively.
"Go to your needlework.  And you all, out of my hall, but let me see this wonderous hide..." His men step down from the dias to hold the skin for him as he fingers it ...
leaving the rear passage mostly unobserved.

you note that the Baronness left her needlepoint in her chair, although she took her sewing bag.
Hannatti
 player, 56 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 30 Aug 2021
at 21:26
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
As the Baroness is just disappearing through the archway Hannatti casually steps forwards to pick up the needlepoint. She follows Lady Lorraine to return it.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1232 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 30 Aug 2021
at 23:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 482):

Kirpich allows the Duke and those in the court to see the hide, but he stays while they look and only leaves to the inn with it, and all of his friends.
Aethul
 player, 325 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 02:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
So you will send a scout or two? I can show them the site and save them looking for it.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 38 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 16:44
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 484):

"works for me. let's go!"


the needlepoint has a map stitched into it...

This message was last edited by the player at 16:45, Tue 31 Aug.

Hannatti
 player, 57 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 16:54
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti loks casually back over her should to see if anyone's paying her any ttention and then reads the map as she walks along.
Aethul
 player, 326 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 23:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Anyone else want to come along?
he turns to the guard/scout Go get your traveling things, I'll be at the inn with a beer to clear he dust of the roads some. We can be there around noon tomorrow  if we leave soon.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1233 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 02:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 487):

"Would we not just slow you down?"
Narrator
 GM, 9319 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 20:23
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 487):

lets speed this up. Aethul leaves with the guardsmen after an hour, by dinner, Hannatti shows up at the tavern, and one or two injured fellows promptly leave.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1234 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 22:46
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 489):

Kirpich notices the arrival of the newcomer, and the departure of those injured with interest...he waits and watches.
Hannatti
 player, 58 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:12
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Seeing the not so tall fellow, companion to the tall fellow in green, Hannatti wanders over. "Hello. If you're open to company, I'm Hannatti. How far away is the head that the tall fellow in green took the baron's men to see? And, if you don't mind me asking, do you have many folk travelling with you as you hunt big lizardy creatures?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Thu 02 Sept.

Narrator
 GM, 9325 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 18:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 491):

Aethul isn't back yet...
Hannatti
 player, 59 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 19:15
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 492):

======
OOC: Edited the correction into my previous post, #491.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1235 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 22:40
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 491):

"We are open to folk of good nature. I am Kirpich, Earth priest of Grom, and we do not tolerate those of the more shady nature in our company. But if you are not shady, then you are welcome to join us, as far as I am concerned. Be warned, though, we did loose a companion to the last quest, so we make no promises about safety."
Hannatti
 player, 60 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 00:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Oh! Wonderful" Hannatti asnwers, almost over the top. "About you not being shady, I mean. Not your fallen companion; I'm sorry for your loss. I'm please to meet you,  Kirpich, Earth priest of Grom." She bows a man's bow. "So, currently, there's you and the tall fellow in green. What's he called? And do you have other companions?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1236 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 00:38
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 495):

"You mean Aethul? Yes, there are others who are with me, but perhaps I should let them introduce themselves."
Hannatti
 player, 61 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 00:46
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Aethul, right," says Hannatti thoughtfully. "So are your other companions here. Would you be able to point them out, then I might at least be on nodding terms with them?"

======
OOC: After a head count (and names are useful) for who is still with this little band.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1237 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 01:01
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 497):

"Well, there is Snorri, the large Shevnian, Balir the dwarf and Marlena the mage." He glances around to see if there is anyone else with him.
Hannatti
 player, 62 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 01:27
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Hmmm, thank you," she replies nodding to any that are pointed out. "When is the Aethul due back? Tonight? Or in the morning?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1238 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 03:55
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 499):

How long did we travel back? Two days? Can scouts go faster?
Narrator
 GM, 9332 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 16:52
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 499):

the map led to the Baroness' sewing room...


Aethul and the others were riding, so much faster.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1239 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 4 Sep 2021
at 05:51
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 501):

Thought so. So roughly how long?
Narrator
 GM, 9337 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 4 Sep 2021
at 16:59
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 502):

back by nightfall
Hannatti
 player, 63 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sat 4 Sep 2021
at 17:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 502):

"So, do you folks have plans after today?" Hannatti asks. "And if so, do you need another sword? It might be better for me to be scarce around here for a while. Let things cool down a bit."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:35, Sat 04 Sept.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1240 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 4 Sep 2021
at 23:27
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 504):

"At this stage not, but tell us about these folk? There are vampyre they seem to tolerate, which we intend to hunt next..."
Hannatti
 player, 64 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 06:18
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Well, they're decent people by and large. Just a few troublemakers," answers Hannatti. "Like those that scarpered when we arrived. Several of those were the folks I had a run in with yesterday. A felloe with a big mouth showing off to his mates. He wouldn't go away. When he put his hands on me for the second time, I rearranged his danglers. He challenged me to 'try that again' now that he was ready. So I did. Then his mates joined in and the fight spread and they drew steel." She shrugs. "I find it difficult to back down.  But sometime soon he' gather his freinds, more of them, and try something and then it will get worse.."

Hannatti pauses. "But I don't think I know of any vampyres. Would you tell me about them?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1241 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 07:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 506):

"Not a lot we know, but magical, and perhaps silvered, weapons would be needed. Blood-sucking undead parasites, what can we say? Hopefully they will have a lot of valuables then need to be relieved of..."
Hannatti
 player, 65 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 14:40
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 507):

Hannatti taps her rapier, "Like my grandfather's sword, fancifully named 'Darkness Slayer'.  Well, I am very short on coin." She leaves it hanging, hoping to be invited but wary of pushing too hard

This message was last edited by the player at 15:16, Thu 09 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 383 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 17:59
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 508):

The heavily armored dwarf, who is about to be handled by a new player
steps off to see about getting his axe silvered.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1242 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 19:59
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 509):

"Well, if you are capable of defending yourself against such abominations, you are welcome to join us. We may also be short of coin until the baron pays what he promised though."
Hannatti
 player, 66 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 6 Sep 2021
at 13:48
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 5Thanks "Thanks. Physically, yes. Can you take care of any magical attacks from them?" responds Hannatti.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:16, Thu 09 Sept.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1243 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 6 Sep 2021
at 20:44
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 511):

"We have a mage and the power of Grom. That should suffice."
Hannatti
 player, 67 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 6 Sep 2021
at 21:12
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 512):

"That's good. So you're the power of Grom. Who's the wizard?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:17, Thu 09 Sept.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1244 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 6 Sep 2021
at 22:28
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 513):

"I  sure she will introduce herself in time..."
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 138 posts
 traveling magician
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 13:48
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 514):

"My name is Marlena. You have already met Snorri and Balir just left."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 389 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 19:12
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
After a while Balir comes back to the tavern, looking concerned at his axe. Ignoring everyone else he sits down at the table and halfway mutters to himself and halfway says aloud to the others "I don't think I can sharpen ole' Earthwarden here anymore, without takin' off the silver. How am I supposed to kill things without a sharp axe ..."
He throws an eye up at the others and notices a new face. He seems bothered by the arrival and asks Hannatti slightly annoyed "And who are you? This is a private table."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:22, Wed 08 Sept.

Hannatti
 player, 71 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 19:32
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 515):

"Hello! Marlena. Did I get that right? I'm Hannatti. Pleased to meet you. So you're the Wizard?" says Hannatti with a stiff bow.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:17, Thu 09 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 390 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 19:37
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir looks at Hannatti with semi-closed semi-angry eyes. A human woman treating him - a dwarf - like this and apparently fully expecting it to go unnoticed. He is about to get back up and tell her a few things about how things work, but decides against it. Instead he scowls at her, and looks at the others to see what their reaction is. There is clearly something going on here that he is not in on.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:53, Wed 08 Sept.

Hannatti
 player, 72 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 19:43
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 518):

"Hey! I'm Hannatti! Impressive beard! Have we met already? I'd buy you a beer but I don't have the coin." Noting the scowl she stands her ground but is uncertain as to whether she should scowl back as some dwarven ritual. She looks at the cleric for guidance.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:18, Thu 09 Sept.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1246 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 21:03
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 519):

Kirpich is bemused by the whole affair and, being familiar with dwarves, holds his tongue and watches.
Hannatti
 player, 73 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 22:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 520):

Hannatti waits for the little fellow to say something.
Narrator
 GM, 9369 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Sep 2021
at 16:45
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 521):

The dwarf is far frombeing a little felliw. nearly 5 feet tall and and a yard wide at the shoulders, he weighs as much as Hanatti and Kirpich together, only it is all muscle, wrapped in heavy chainmail..
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 139 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 10 Sep 2021
at 16:48
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 517):

her hair fluttering as if in a breeze, the attractive youg woman wearing brigandine armor and carrying a helmet and a srtsff in the crook of her arm raises a glass with the other.
"I am a journeywoman mage, You are a swardswoman, I take it?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 393 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 10 Sep 2021
at 17:24
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir relaxed his shoulders a little as Marlena spoke. He knew her, and considered her  one of his own. But he was still not at all comfortable with other human who had just waltzed over to their table while he was gone. Still, he decided to stay (almost) quiet a while longer and took gulp of his now stale ale, while grumbling "and now the ale has gone stale too. Great."
Hannatti
 player, 75 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 10 Sep 2021
at 18:24
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Pleased to meet you, Marlena. Yes, that's correct. Sorry if I got the title wrong," Hannatti replies. "Your companuion here seems to be upset over something I've done or not done, and, frankly, without some advice I think this might not be the best of starts."

She tries once more, "Look, Balir, and sorry if the pronunciation's wrong, you weren't here when I was invited to join the table. Now if you own the table, I'm happy to leave immediatley. Otherwise, why don't we start again. And, if you don't mind me saying that chain mail looks really good." She makes a stiff bow in his direction and wonders which way the wind will blow.

======
OOC: @Narrator - re #522, I took the reference on height from Balir's description 4'5" versus Hannatti being "tall". It was contextural narrative and no sleight was uttered or intended by manner. Purely having to crane one's neck downwards would be the extent of it. 

This message was last edited by the player at 18:55, Fri 10 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 394 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 10 Sep 2021
at 18:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Invited? Wha...?" Balir looks around his fellow adventurers. "Are we just inviting random people into our group now? What is the point of this?"
He looks back at Hannatti "So what is your particular talent, that makes it worth it to hand out another share of the gold we make?," apparently pretending he didn't hear the part about her being a swords-woman. He shakes his head and continues his rant "As if it wasn't hard enough to make a decent coin living by the axe and shield already - now we also have to give give our hard-earned gold to apprentices we find in taverns." He once again shakes his head, and prepares to continue his rant

OOC: ... but I will stop him here, so others can interrupt him :)
Hannatti
 player, 77 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 10 Sep 2021
at 19:21
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti puts her hands on hips and shifts her weight subtly. "The baron thinks I make trouble," she says, staring back at the lump of mountain. "He's not quite correct. It finds me and I deal with it. Now, I've been civil. If I trampled on a dwarven nicety I'm unaware of, then, my bad. If you don't trust the judgement of your companions then that's on you. But if you're trying to give me trouble then let's step outside and I'll introduce you to 'Darkness Slayer'." She gestures to her silver sword by way of explanation and glances at Kirpich and Marlena wondering if anyone's going to interupt their otherwise inevitable escalation. "Grandfather said it bites vampires really hard."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:37, Fri 10 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 396 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 10 Sep 2021
at 19:52
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: Oh no ... apart from all the other unfortunate disads he has, he also cannot refuse a challenge ... this is not going to end well.

Balir instantly gets up from his chair. Half angrily and half excitedly he exclaims "Well, I was actually trying to NOT give you anything. But if you INSIST, then I am sure Earthwarden will happily agree to meeting you outside, you silly human." He claps his axe at the mention of it's name and then bursts into a triumphant laugh as if he has already won. Then he continues in an arrogant tone "But I really would advice you not to go down that road."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:53, Fri 10 Sept.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1247 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 03:24
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 528):

"You both clearly have something to prove. You should be adult enough to do it with training weapons, though. Use a staff, or fight bare-handed, so as to make the fight legal. Put away you lethal weapons, and show what you can do without killing each other. Agreed?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 397 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 03:52
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Pffft. Something to prove? To a human?" Balir stops instantly, realizing he may just have insulted all the people present of his group. He looks at Kirpich, and continues in a more neutral tone "I've got nothing to prove. I was just wondering what she was doing here at our table, and no one has told me anything yet."

OOC: As I said Balir has a set of disads that makes it a bit difficult for him to accept others - especially if they are ... shall we say, not his preferred kind.
While he is still being an ass, this post is actually an attempt at de-escalating the conflict.
I am aware that he is not being a nice guy, but that is because he actually isn't :) - except possibly to those close to him.
Some of his disads are not some I would have chosen myself, but I am playing them to the best of my ability. Sorry :)

This message was last edited by the player at 03:53, Sat 11 Sept.

Hannatti
 player, 78 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 09:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"I meant you no offence, sir dwarf," responds Hannatti with a nod to Kirpich, but eyes remaining on the tough bundle of metal, muscle and beard in front of her. "I'm here to help kill vampyres. Now, why don't we start over? We can still have a competition, if you like; a friendly one! See who can kill the most vampyres. No cheating. Loser buys first round of drinks for the team? Winner gets bragging rights? What say you?" She offers a handshake; an open hand. "And don't squash it."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:23, Sat 11 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 398 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 11:27
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"A competition? HARH! Agreed! Earthwarden is looking forward to that already!" Balir is looking very pleased all of a sudden. "Oh. And apology accepted," he adds as he gives Hannatti his hand. "Now, let's celebrate!" Balir empties his stale ale and instantly turns around to go up the bar and get a refill.

OOC: RP-wise I don't really think Balir has any reason to change his attitude towards Hannatti. But I think we all tire of him being an ass, and she has certainly gone a lot further than could be expected with apologies.
I think being a racist will be the first disad I will buy off if the GM agrees.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1248 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 12:20
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 531):

Kirpich watches the response.

"It is a fair competition...to a point."

[OOC: Grom is an Earth God, who is commonly venerated by Dwarves. As such, Kirpich and Balir get along well, and many Dwarves regard priests of Grom as a Dwarf.]
Hannatti
 player, 79 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 12:25
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti looks at the form of Balir advancing on the bar then mouths, 'Thank you,' to Kirpich.

She turns to Kirpich and Marlena, "Hmmm! I seem to have a marked shortage of coin. Would one of you object to me sleeping on your floor tonight? Apparently I don't snore."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 401 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 12:30
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir returns with two mugs. He empties one and starts on the other. "So where were we? Vampires! Yes ... So do we have a plan then?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1249 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 13:09
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 534):

"Fine by me. Grom has no objection..."
Hannatti
 player, 80 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 13:43
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 536):

"Appreciated," she says simply to Kirpich.

When Balir reappeared clutching multiple tankards Hannatti doesn't ignore him but neither does she engage, not willing to risk furher unpleasantness in the inn. She's already peed off the baron sufficiently.

======
OOC: Unless I've missed anyone in the group that Hannatti should talk to, I'm comfortable if we skip forwards to when Aethul returns.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1250 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 11 Sep 2021
at 22:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 537):

"Yes, Balir, on to the Vampyres. I would like to do some research into the best ways to deal with them before we return, and perhaps obtain the services of a specialist or two. That may cost us a little initially, but in the long term I think it would be wise."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 402 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 12 Sep 2021
at 09:56
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Wise preparation is always preferably to a swift rush, is what my ole dad says. Do we know of a place to find such information?" Balir asks
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1251 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 12 Sep 2021
at 10:20
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 539):

"Temples might be a good place to start looking..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 403 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 12 Sep 2021
at 10:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Well, I just happen to know there is one nearby. Shall we go have a looksie if they'll let us use their library?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1252 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 12 Sep 2021
at 20:18
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 541):

"That sounds like a good use of time until our scout returns."

He gathers his things and prepares to depart.
Narrator
 GM, 9382 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 19:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 541):

occ: fair roleplay of the disads, especially as we have agreed to an interpretation of the Code of Honor that is, well,more honorable than spiteful.

outside of the Tavern, there is a minimal temple complex, where a pantheon of local gods have their shrines. Nearby, is the archives,  where a priest-sage of Hermes maintains trade records and a few other sorts of books. They may know something.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 405 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 19:27
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: Is this common knowledge for all of us (that the Hermes temple is where to go) - meaning we can all react as we please? Or should we wait for someone with a skill in this subject (possibly Kirpich)?
Narrator
 GM, 9383 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 19:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 544):

no o e in your grouphas much knowledge of this town, but you suggested checking a temple, and there is one on the square. we can assume confirmation fromthe bartender and proceed
Balir Ironhide
 player, 406 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 20:22
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
After having checked with the bartender, Balir nods at the others "Hermes temple it is then. Shall we?"

OOC: I think we can just skip to standing in front of the priest-sage then :)

Archivist Renault
 NPC, 1 post
 Hermetic Priest and sage
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 20:54
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 546):

"Can I help you?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1253 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 21:35
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 546):

Kirpich will first check for as temple of Grom. Once he has identified if there is, and it's location if known, he will head out to the Temple of Grom or Hermes.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 407 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 08:09
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir realizes that Kirpich is no longer with him, but he figures he might as well check out potential sources on vampires now that he is here. "Yes, good sir. I happen to be in a situation where I have discovered a nest of vampires, and I am now planning on destroying it - as any good citizen would do. However, I am not certain I fully understand all of their weaknesses and strengths, so I was wondering if perhaps these archives contained some pertinent information on the subject, please?"
Hannatti
 player, 86 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 08:45
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 548):

Hannatti tags along with Kirpich and offers, "Grandfather said silver severely harms vampires."
Narrator
 GM, 9385 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 16:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 548):

Kirpich finds priests of Ceres, Ares, and Hermes, but nothing dedicated to his patron. There are a number of unattended shrines, including a few without even an indication of which god they represent.
Archivist Renault
 NPC, 2 posts
 Hermetic Priest and sage
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 16:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 549):

"It may be that the archive does. Searching for lore on your behalf will cost you $10 an hour. Is there anything you can tell me about this nest?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 408 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 17:40
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"10$ eh? Well, I guess I can consider that an investment. And for the nest, well let me see..."

OOC: Alright read up on "The road to Veroigne" again and posted what I could gather from that thread.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:52, Tue 14 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 409 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 18:50
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"So, as I remember it, it was sort of like this." He takes a deep breath as he tries to recollect all the relevant details. "First of all, we found them in a tower that had been closed up for at least 40 years  ... or so. The tower had a ward on it so they couldn't esacpe.
And we may actually not be fully certain they were vampires. It is just what we consider the most likely.
They were devoid of blood, and when struck down, what blood remained in their bodies would move as if it has a life of it's own, and sink into the floor as if it wanted to go to a home there. They were smoking as if slightly burning when introduced to sunlight, and they could only be fully killed when decapitated and had a wooden stake punched through their hearts, at which point they would crumble to dust.
" Balir looks to the ceiling, pondering if there was more, but then shakes his head and looks at the priest again "I think that was all the relevant information. Is that enough to go on?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:51, Tue 14 Sept.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1254 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 20:50
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 554):

Acknowledging Hannatti and stating that magic also helped, Kirpich will head to the temple of Ceres first and make similar enquiries.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:52, Tue 14 Sept.

Hannatti
 player, 88 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 09:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
En route, Hannatti asks Kirpich, "Do you think I need to watch my back with Balir? Or is that, ha! all behind us?" Then, not wishing to dwell on unleasantness, she changes the subject and invites, "So, what can you tell me about the Temple of Ceres? And what are you allowed to tell me about your religion?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:20, Wed 15 Sept.

Archivist Renault
 NPC, 3 posts
 Hermetic Priest and sage
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 17:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 554):

"That is tremendously specific. We haven't had that kind off issue here in Brouse in recent memory, but I can look in the archives to see what else can be found."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1255 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 20:12
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 556):

"Blair is abrupt with strangers, but a loyal friend. Like many dwarves, he is a proud warrior. Training with him may be a good way to earn his respect.

But I would be happy to tell you about Grom. A god of earth, he is venerated by miners and many dwarves...
"

Kirpich goes on to describe Grom at length, greater than I know as a player. While he might know something of the other gods in this world, once again I the player know very little!
Archivist Renault
 NPC, 4 posts
 Hermetic Priest and sage
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 21:47
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Archivist Renault (msg # 557):

after an hour, the archivist returns.

Generally speaking, I was not able to find much more about this type of undead, except that they hold a dread of wild roses, and must stop and count the thorns if rhey are cast in their path, and they have an active dislike of garlic.
On the other hand, I know a good bit more about the master of the tower where you faced these things; I found a disposition of his arms from forty years ago, at the beginning of the plague.
He was a knight called Monsieur Gerard Nonpareil,  for there was no match to him with a blade.. He was also called Gerard of the two trees, for his shield, which was divided with a white field above a black one, and a black tree on the white gield, with a mirrored white tree below it on the black field. His lady Margeaux was accused if witchcraft and he slew the magistrate,  decapitating him. for this, The twice former Baron, the grandfather of the baroness and good baronet James, was to send a company of his men to see justice done, but alas, he was stricken with plague.  Monsieur Gerard closed himself in the tower and was presumed dead of the plague.  After that, I have no records here, but there might be some in Sonne, for he was from there, and like most of his people, a Triunist.  Those folk do keep records, but not in a language I can read. "

Hannatti
 player, 89 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 22:01
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 558):

"Thank you, Kirpich, both for the advice abnout a certain dwarf and also the intoduction to 'Gromism', says Hannatti smiling. "It's good to learn something new. I have little formal education with respect to religion. I would be pleased to hear more of your words on this should you choose to share them later. But now, is this the place we're looking for?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1256 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 16 Sep 2021
at 01:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 560):

Kirpich, not aware of the information gained by the dwarf, seeks to ask at the temples about how to slay vampyres...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 410 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 16 Sep 2021
at 06:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir thanks the archivist for his efforts and pays him 10$. He leaves the archives and looks for his friends, staying close to the archives, expecting them to show sooner rather than later. He hopes that since the temple square didn't seem too large, it should be possible to spot the others easily if they moved around there.

OOC: Does Balir know where Sonne is and how far away it is?

This message was last edited by the player at 06:29, Thu 16 Sept.

Hannatti
 player, 90 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 16 Sep 2021
at 08:45
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti stays with Kirpich, ruminating over the newly acquired (religious) knowledge.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1257 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 16 Sep 2021
at 20:23
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 563):

We ate currently in the temple of Ceres, but likely to be out soon...
Hannatti
 player, 93 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 16 Sep 2021
at 21:20
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
She continues tagging along with Kirpich, still thinking about the Grom-lore that he's told her.
Aethul
 player, 329 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 17 Sep 2021
at 03:32
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
I assume we have arrived at the beasts head and that there are some dire wolf remains about.  I am not sure of what they want to do, beside look.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 39 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Fri 17 Sep 2021
at 17:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 566):

speeding through, the men marvel at the remains, and load the head onto a travois and hitch it to the horses. you return the next morning.


Sonne is North and East of Veroigne,ST Remy is part of it... over a week from Brouse, where you are currently.
Aethul
 player, 330 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 17 Sep 2021
at 22:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He stays with the head as it is brought into te castle/tower baily or whatever.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1258 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 00:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 568):

Speeding through our research with the temples regarding Vampyre and the tower for the rest of that day, how much would it cost and what do we find out by next morning?
Hannatti
 player, 94 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 09:11
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti looks interestedly around the Temple of Ceres but doesn't have much to contribute to things religious, but is happy to absorb any such.

======
OOC: Happy to speed the story along

This message was last edited by the player at 07:10, Mon 20 Sept.

Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 8 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 22:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 569):

Balir waits to relay his information until Aethul's return, which creates great consternation and causes the baron to come down to see it before breakfast.

the head is three times the size of a teopy slorn head on the wall...
He is quite impressed.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1259 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 22:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baron Marcel Pequenaud (msg # 571):

Does Kirpich find out anything at either of the other temples?

He will join Aethul on his return in presenting it to the Baron.
Hannatti
 player, 95 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 22:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 572):

Hannatti shadows Kirpich.
Aethul
 player, 331 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 20 Sep 2021
at 22:10
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
The Head you asked to see, it was indeed a monster and very hard to dispatch.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 411 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 13:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: In case we are waiting for me: I am not saying anything because I don't really know what is going on. Are we all together now? Are we with the baron now? Or was that just a short moment? If the baron got the head, does that mean we still have the skin? And if so, should we get someone to fix it into armor for one (or more) of us?
Hannatti
 player, 96 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 16:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
======
Ok, let's all be there with going to see the baron.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1260 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 21:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 576):

We are here to get our reward. Hannatti will not be entitled to any, but the others are.
Hannatti
 player, 97 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 22:00
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 577):

Hannatti shrugs, "Wouldn't expect anything else. It's fine."
Aethul
 player, 332 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 23:26
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He looks her way and gives her a small smile.
Hannatti
 player, 98 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 23:49
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 579):

When Aethul catches Hannatti's eye she responds with a nice welcoming smile; smiling with her eyes too, perhaps in promise.
Aethul
 player, 333 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 02:25
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
So your Grace, you can see we did not lie to you about our achievement.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1261 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 03:23
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 581):

"So we humbly request the reward promised for this task.

We are also interested in the tower nearby, which seems to be inhabited by intelligent undead...
"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 412 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 15:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
At the mention of the reward Balir lights up and nods. After all that is why they were there in the first place. And as his companion throws the tower into the conversation, he decides it is time chime in "Das ist richtig! There is a tower out there which has been infested with vampires of the worst kind. I have just been to the Archives and learned that there was supposed to have been a magical ward on the tower preventing the fiends from leaving, but we saw evidence that victims had been taken to the tower and killed. So the ward must have been weakened. Perhaps time has taken it's toll on the magic ... who knows."

Balir deliberately leaves out that if the barrier had actually been broken it was most likely done by themselves, as that would quite certainly mean there would be no reward for killing the vampires. Naturally, Balir would have wanted to clear out the tower either way, as there had been plenty of evidence of a great silver treasure in the tower, but he had never been one to turn away from a bit of extra coin. "So we were wondering, if possibly the baron would be interested in offering a reward for preventing a vampiric infection from spreading through his lands," he added hopefully, while tip-toeing enthusiastically.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:20, Thu 23 Sept.

Hannatti
 player, 99 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 16:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 582):

Hannatti visibly perks up at this. She shows a definite interest!

If the baroness is present she tries to let the baroness know this, perhaps a nod, a pointing finger and a tiny step in the adventurers' direction..
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 9 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 17:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 584):

The baron's eyes narrow.

"You seem quite interested in that tower. clear it, and it can be yours! A fortalace such as that is worth more thsn mere coin, but I have silver for you as well."


OCC the tower is worth around $200k
Balir Ironhide
 player, 413 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 19:55
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir's eyes open wide in surprise: "We will be ... landed? Can we ... collect taxes then?" He stops himself, as he fears the baron may rescind the offer. "Either way, I believe we accept," he says, looking at his companions while nodding encouragingly. "It will be an excellent base of operations once it has been restored. It is in a rather bad shape right now," he adds looking at the baron.
Hannatti
 player, 100 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 20:21
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baron Marcel Pequenaud (msg # 585):

Hannatti coughs and clears her throat.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1262 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 21:33
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 586):

"Naturally we accept the generous offer for removing yet another evil from the land, especially welcome for the silver you offer as reward, but for now, there was also the offer of silver for the beast we have already slain, that we would appreciate. It will not compensate for the loss of a friend, but it will help reduce other stresses..."
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 10 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 22:14
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 588):

<orange>"The value of the tower far exceeds that of the original reward for killing the beast.  I  offer you true ownership of the fortalace, and you may do with anyone...squatting...as you wish. I  also have 3 lbs of silver coin.


1000 sp, or $20k
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1263 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 22:22
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baron Marcel Pequenaud (msg # 589):

"Dealing with any squatters when you know it is filled with intelligent undead, and possibly worse? What a generous way to say it...but the silver is more in line with what was offered for the beast. We graciously accept the reward for the beast, and will attempt to reclaim the tower to remove that blight from your lands."

So 200 sp or $4,000 per person involved if I add up correctly?

Edit: Balir, Kirpich, Marlena, Aethul and Snorri

This message was last edited by the player at 11:03, Fri 24 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 414 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 24 Sep 2021
at 10:54
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir keeps up appearances and remains relatively calm, but on the inside he is very excited at the prospect of co-owning a tower and getting another sizable reward. As Kirpich accepts the offer, he joins in "Yes, that does seem like a fine offer. I accept too, my baron" He looks at Hannatti and Aethul hoping for them to agree as well, so they can get out on the road - and get rich(er).
Hannatti
 player, 101 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 24 Sep 2021
at 13:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Hannatti stands quietly, still hoping for a formal invitation to go help clear out squatters rather than a one way ticket to the baron's prisons. Although the latter would prevent her haviung to worry about paying for her next meal, it was totally far from ideal.
Aethul
 player, 334 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 24 Sep 2021
at 19:25
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
The Lady is a part of this arrangement? He indicates Hannatti
Hannatti
 player, 102 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 24 Sep 2021
at 21:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 593):

Hannatti thanks Aethul with the smallest of nods and smiles.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1264 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 24 Sep 2021
at 23:13
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 594):

"Naturally, if she is so inclined. I had assumed so..."
Aethul
 player, 335 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 25 Sep 2021
at 02:50
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
As had I, but thought we needed to make that clear and official with the Baron's assent.
Hannatti
 player, 103 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sat 25 Sep 2021
at 05:41
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 596):

Hannatti says nothing but exhudes enthusiasm.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 415 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 25 Sep 2021
at 11:41
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir nods satisfied "Looks like we are in agreement then," he says looking at the baron. "My companions and I will go lay plans on how to best deal with these fiends. Does the baron wish for a particular proof of kill, or will it be enough that we move into the tower? After all, vampires tend to turn to dust when killed, making it somewhat difficult to bring home a trophy," he adds looking at their employer.
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 11 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Sat 25 Sep 2021
at 17:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 598):

"I would accept proof of occupancy and ability to endure sunlight as fair demonstration."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 416 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 25 Sep 2021
at 17:09
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Hehehe", Balir puts up a small laugh at the barons terms. "Very well, that seems fair enough," he answers with a smile. Balir looks at his companions "Shall we withdraw and make plans then?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:10, Sat 25 Sept.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1265 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 25 Sep 2021
at 22:25
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 600):

"Indeed. We should seek what preparations we need to spend our current reward on before we depart. If we may now take our leave..."
Baron Marcel Pequenaud
 NPC, 12 posts
 Lord of Veroigne
Sun 26 Sep 2021
at 02:12
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 601):

The baron dismisses you.... you notice that the sacks the silver is in are quite stiff, and are dyed green with a pattern of black chevrons and dots... the colors do not correspond to the red and black check with a golden sheaf that are his colors.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1266 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 26 Sep 2021
at 03:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Baron Marcel Pequenaud (msg # 602):

Kirpich will check the sacks before leaving the courtroom, taking some of the silver out of the sacks to inspect it.

He will also ask the treasurer to change it into larger currency...
Hannatti
 player, 104 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sun 26 Sep 2021
at 06:48
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 603):

Hannatti shadows Aethul.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 419 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 26 Sep 2021
at 07:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
It appears that baron has taken the silver from another noble and is now trying to get rid of it to hide evidence. But silver is silver, and as they have left the court room Balir suggests "Perhaps we should split the silver now, and put it in our own pouches. I believe that would be a wiser decisions. And as for the vampires I have already told what I learned, and I think we will need as much of an edge to ensure we loose no one to the curse. We should all carry a few wild roses to throw in front of us when they come towards us, and should carry some garlic vines all over our bodies. Pretty much like a second layer of armor. And we can also try to rub out weapons in garlic, and see if that helps a bit. Remember that he was known to be the greatest swordsman of these lands, so we can ill afford to come unprepared. And since we also know how his coat of arms looked like, I will have my shield painted in those colors. After all, that tower, and thus the coat of arms are to be ours soon anyway. I hope to be able to draw his attention by doing so, and as he attacks me, you lot should remain unharmed."

OOC:
As you can see I assume Balir already told the others of what he learned at the Archives. For ease of reference I have copy/pasted it here:
quote:
after an hour, the archivist returns.

Generally speaking, I was not able to find much more about this type of undead, except that they hold a dread of wild roses, and must stop and count the thorns if rhey are cast in their path, and they have an active dislike of garlic.
On the other hand, I know a good bit more about the master of the tower where you faced these things; I found a disposition of his arms from forty years ago, at the beginning of the plague.
He was a knight called Monsieur Gerard Nonpareil, for there was no match to him with a blade.. He was also called Gerard of the two trees, for his shield, which was divided with a white field above a black one, and a black tree on the white gield, with a mirrored white tree below it on the black field. His lady Margeaux was accused if witchcraft and he slew the magistrate,  decapitating him. for this, The twice former Baron, the grandfather of the baroness and good baronet James, was to send a company of his men to see justice done, but alas, he was stricken with plague.  Monsieur Gerard closed himself in the tower and was presumed dead of the plague.  After that, I have no records here, but there might be some in Sonne, for he was from there, and like most of his people, a Triunist.  Those folk do keep records, but not in a language I can read."

Also, Sonne is about a week away, and I am not sure we can learn anything relevant there.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:58, Sun 26 Sept.

Aethul
 player, 336 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 01:34
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
He smiles when Hannatti follows him and slows to let her walk beside him I'll see that you get a bit of cash, so you can prepare too. I expect it's more than I will need , though we shall see.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1268 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 02:24
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 606):

Kirpich is saving up at the moment, so he is happy to lend out cash as long as he gets it back later, unless he can commission an Orichalum shield (Fine Orichalcum Shield, Large Mirrored No Boss, 11.5 lb, $10,465, DB 3)...or a very fine, balanced, silver armour piercing pick ($5740, 3 lbs)

This message was last edited by the player at 03:08, Mon 27 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 420 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 06:42
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Guys, we still have the skin from the Slorn. Should we try and find out who gets that skin, so an armor can be made from it. As you can probably deduce, I am somewhat interested myself, and could buy it off the group. However, I will admit I don't know how it will be wearing that thick leather beneath my chain mail, so if the armor maker says it won't be practical then it won't make much sense that I buy it.
Either way, if anyone of you would prefer getting a superior leather armor made then we could certainly work something out.
Oh, and Kirpich, with whatever money I have left I could also lend you some for that pick you were talking about it might come in handy against the vampires, if we could get one fast.
"

OOC: I was actually never told if we did have the skin from the Slorn, so now I am just assuming that we do.
The GM told me Slorn armor would be a leather armor with DR 5. I already have DR 5/3 on my armor, and I am not sure how it would work together with that. One wears other armor (normally clothes armor but leather is also possible) below chain mail, and I am not sure how much extra DR I would get from using this Slorn armor underneath my chain. (GM, how would that work, please?)
However, if anyone of you (Hannatti included btw) would like the armor then I am fine with that too as long as it strengthens the group. - Especially if Balir can't wear the Slorn armor beneath his chain.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1269 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 09:49
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 608):

Stacking armour incurs a DX penalty, which will reduce attack rolls as well as dodge rolls.

But Kirpich still has $5756 for a total of $9756 from the previous expedition, though he will be looking at giving $400 tithe, probably to the poor given there is no temple of Grom around. For the shield he might need a loan, but for the pick, he could get it outright.

Perhaps some could look at getting enchantments on their weapons instead...$5,000 for +1 to hit or armour divisor (2) or +1 damage...any would make it a magic weapon.
Hannatti
 player, 106 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 10:48
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 606):

Hannatti returns Aethul's smile when he slows for her and then casually takes his arm. She says quietly, "Thanks for being so nice. I'll gladly accept any money you're happy to throw my way. I don't have much just now; [whatever $15 equates to] certainly not enough for any real shopping therapy." She chuckles. "It good to be getting out from under the baron. He's... difficult. But the Baroness is sweet."

As Kirpich offers to lend her money, Hannatti says, "That's kind of you. Just now I have no visibility of how to repay such, but if it's truly excess money and I have a real need I will ask, if that's acceptable to you."

Finally, when the very solid-looking dwarf offers a chance at leather armour from the beast, she replies, "That is very generous, my good Sir Dwarf." She disengages from the ranger and bows deeply. "If this is available for me in whatever manner I am definitely delighted and would seek to be of the greatest service possible to your group." Her eyes widen and her smile grows from ear to ear at the prospect - after all, isn't top quality leather the dream of all swashbucklers?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:54, Mon 04 Oct.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 421 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 12:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Balir looks Hannatti and nods "Yes, well, I assume whomever gets the skin would have to compensate the rest of the group, as it is quite an item to get. And then on top of that comes a significant sum that would be paid to the master armourer capable of crafting the armour itself. But we will see what the group can agree upon."

OOC: Yeah, I actually did know about the -1 dex for stacking. But it can only be done if the inner layer is flexible and concealable, and actually my chain mail IS just that. So yeah, I would take the -1 dex for 10/8 DR. Balir would be a fucking tank. Well, more like a fort as he wouldn't exactly have top nudge movement speed. BUT I have to make sure that our GM agrees this is possible. (Also, you actually DO have some cloth/leather armor on beneath a chain mail as you can't really just wear it on your skin or even with a normal shirt, so I was also inquiring is something could be gained in that regard).

Either way, I interpret this as Kirpich not being interested, and we still haven't heard from Aethul nor Marlena (the latter not in quite a while).

Also, I am not sure how we split gear we find in the group. Do we just keep loosely track and say you got this, then somebody else gets this (that is how we did it in my old groups)? Do we keep track of the approximate value and try to split along the way? Or do we pay the group straight up whenever anyone gets something?
The latter is quite the troublesome way (and not super cool for party cohesion as focus will be on money rather than friendship), but since Balir is a Greedy Dwarf in a relatively new group, he will assume this how things work until another agreement is made.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:32, Mon 27 Sept.

Aethul
 player, 337 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 19:42
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
I would like to see how that leather might do for me as well, but it may be too thick and heavy. Let us ee what the leather master suggests.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 422 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 20:04
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Well, that settles that then. We are 3 who are interested. And I admit I may not have the strongest claim as I am already well armoured. Let's go have a chat with that armourer then."

OOC: Asking to skip to the shop of the best damn armourer to make super duper leather armour of difficult skin in this city, please :)

Also, Balir would like to a bunch of garlic vines and and wild roses ... not sure of they can be bought though, as the do have to be wild.

Narrator
 GM, 9441 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 20:41
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 613):

whoo: several things:
Marlena and Snorri are NPCs. Marlena is wearing light leather, with brigandine (DR5) torso and head armor.
Snorri is wearing a mix of light and heavy scale, for DR5/3 variously and has a magical axe.

orichalcum and enchanted items are not available in this podunk town, but silvered weapons, and even fine ones are.

iy would take a week to get the armor made, it ammounts to epic dragonhide as it is from a unique dire terrible slorn.

it could be made to fit anyone in the group and weighs as much as a DR 2 leather outfit.

the 5pt advantage Armor mastery would not only let it stack with other armorwithout penalty, but allow for a further+1 DR...

the tower is on the Baron's land

the amount of hide set aside for the shield could become torso only armor for a slender person
Aethul
 player, 338 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 22:18
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Given the size of the beast, we can't get more than a single set of armor from it? That I presume then must be arms, legs, torso and head then?
If we went for two "Leather Jackets with arms" from the hide, would that be possible?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1270 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 22:37
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 614):

Kirpich will look at the very fine, balanced silver armour piercing pick mentioned earlier then. What would it take to make his signature gear armour fine? As this would increase mundane value, I assume this will also increase power item value?

He will want to recharge that armour as well...

This message was last edited by the player at 22:39, Mon 27 Sept.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 423 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 28 Sep 2021
at 06:26
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: @GM :I have never heard of the "Armor Mastery" advantage. Is it homemade? Or in which book can I find it?
Does it give full DR from both armors and then the +1 on top? Or does only give highest DR and a +1 on top?
Either way, it seems like an advantage I could be interested in.

Also, how much $ should I remove for the roses and garlic?

And finally, I didn't know there was some skin set aside for a shield? What was the idea here? A high DR shield? Or what? I mean it would eventually break anyway? I think I am bit confused, so perhaps someone can help me out in understanding the purpose, please :) ?

@Aethul: Considering there is enough for a full set + an additional torso only, I think it is safe to say there is also enough for 2 leather armors with arms :). But I would personally not be a fan of that.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:28, Tue 28 Sept.

Aethul
 player, 339 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 28 Sep 2021
at 17:06
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 617):

No, likely not something a Dwarf would want, but compared to my DR 1 Leather Jacket, a big plus. With Armor Mastery, I can maintain my bow skill and have significantly better protection.
Narrator
 GM, 9445 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Sep 2021
at 17:08
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
armor mastery is in DFRPG and functions with any DR over 2, and would allow stacking, and adds 1 to DR as well.
garlic is $20 for everyone,  wild roses you might need naturalist to find.

the supposition re:shield was that it was fire resistant.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 424 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 28 Sep 2021
at 20:20
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: @GM: Thanks for the tip on where to find armor mastery (it was in DF 11 to be specific).
@Aethul: Yeah, that armor mastery is incredible. As I understand what the GM is saying, he will allow it to stack with my chain mail without penalty. It will be very hard for me to give it up now. And thus we need to find a way to give it to someone in the group without making anyone too unhappy :). Maybe a payment is necessary?
And another note, Aethul, could you find some wild roses while we travel to the tower?

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1271 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 28 Sep 2021
at 20:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 620):

Definitely grab some garlic. Recharging armour?
Aethul
 player, 340 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 29 Sep 2021
at 02:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 620):

He can certainly look for some Balir, but i can't guarantee anything.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 425 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 29 Sep 2021
at 07:13
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: Well, we have a few days there, so maybe Aethul can find some wild roses on the way.
But how does that whole NPC thing work with Snorri and Marlene? Do they mostly stay quiet and then pop up when there is combat? Do they get a part of the loot? Rewards? Do they improve along with the rest of us?

And since we don't seem to be able to get an armourer here who can make an armor from the skin here in the backwater town anyway, maybe we should just keep the skin for now, get to a big city and have an armor made there. Then we can also wait with the final decision on who gets it, and how we deal with splitting gear for a little while. And we can move on for now. Maybe some gear will drop that will make the split easier.

Hannatti
 player, 107 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 29 Sep 2021
at 08:56
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 618):

Hannatti stands quietly next to Aethul. She nods when he comments about the armour making a huge difference.

When the conversation reaches the point of folks moving on to tackle the tower she flexes and gets ready.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1272 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 29 Sep 2021
at 20:24
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 623):

The hide is loot, and should be evaluated like all loot. Whoever gets it should therefore pay the value of the loot minus their share to all other stakeholders, shared equally. That may require going into debt. Hence, we need to know the hides value first. Can the Very Fine Silver balanced armour piercing pick be purchased here, or just fine ones? Very fine would counter Silver's tendency to break completely.
Narrator
 GM, 9456 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 Sep 2021
at 17:10
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 625):

best you can get here is Fine.
the npc duo gets 1/2 xp but have been getting full shares; they are likely just to look for loot from the tower and leave the ownership to the others, perhaps paying a p er rk to germt free room when in the area.  both had big roles in bringing down the beast, Marleknocked it out a few times, and Snorri did serious damage.  He feels a sense of obligation to Kirpich for saving his life, but may cash out after this run.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 426 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 30 Sep 2021
at 18:17
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: Thanks for recap on NPC.
And as I said: Get garlic now. Get wild roses on the way. And when we have our reward, let's go to big town to have the skin assessed.
If anyone else wants to buy garlic, now would be good time. Does anyone want something else? Else let's move on.
Was it 20$ for garlic for entire group? Or per individual?

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1273 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 30 Sep 2021
at 20:39
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 627):

Looking at a fine silver coated pick in that case, but thinking that an enchanted weapon may be needed, so perhaps a trip back to Northport is needed. Holy water is available here, and is holy?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 427 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 1 Oct 2021
at 06:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: Also, coming to think of it, Balir wants 2 wooden stakes and 2 wooden pikes (basically a stake with an axe handle on it). As Kirpich says, we need holy water too.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:43, Fri 01 Oct.

Narrator
 GM, 9466 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 1 Oct 2021
at 19:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 629):

the woodworker looks at you funny, but assembles a pair of wooden pickaxes. The temples of Ceres can offer holy water, and $20 is about a bushel of garlic
Aethul
 player, 341 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 1 Oct 2021
at 22:28
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Aethul will need a few silvered arrows and his sword silvered, he will need some of the money the baron provided to do that.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1274 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 1 Oct 2021
at 23:19
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 631):

Kirpich is happy to loan him, and the baron has given $4,000 to spend as well. How much do you want? I notice Magic arrows are actually cheaper than silver ones, but loose their magic after one shot, whilst silver ones have a chance to be recovered. Silvered arrows/bolts are $40, whilst basic magic ones are $27, if I understand correctly.
Aethul
 player, 342 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 2 Oct 2021
at 00:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Interesting, well lets get about 5 magical and three silvered.  Silvering the sword is going to bea bit more pricy.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 428 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 2 Oct 2021
at 10:37
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: OK 20$ per bushel is a bit more than I thought it would be. But I will get 3 1 of those then (I guess a bushel is a bit more than what I thought).
How much for the stakes and pikes?
And about the money, did we get 4000$ each or did I misunderstand that?

This message was last edited by the player at 17:04, Sun 03 Oct.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1275 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 2 Oct 2021
at 11:50
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 634):

Yes, the five of us got $4000 each.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1276 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 2 Oct 2021
at 22:48
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 635):

Winding back to what is available here then, A Fine, Balanced, Silver coated Armour Piercing Pick is just $1,260. # Cloves of Garlic are $60, and Holy Water?

No enchantments limits other use of cash, but wooden stakes and a hammer may not be a bad idea. He does not use ammo, so little use there.

Does one need the cloak skill to get the DB from a cloak?
Aethul
 player, 343 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 00:14
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OK, So how much to silver the sword?
That and 5 arrows (magical) at $27 each and 7 silvered at $6 each.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:37, Mon 04 Oct.

Hannatti
 player, 111 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 09:56
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 637):

Standing next to Aethul Hannatti asks, "Do you have a tent?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:57, Mon 04 Oct.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1277 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 19:22
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 638):

"I have a legionaries tent and group basics."
Hannatti
 player, 112 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 19:32
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 639):

She looks at Kirpich, "It it large enough for all of us?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1278 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 19:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 640):

"Twelve person."

Repeat of above so it is not lost in conversation...

quote:
A Fine, Balanced, Silver coated Armour Piercing Pick is just $1,260. # Cloves of Garlic are $60, and Holy Water?

No enchantments limits other use of cash, but wooden stakes and a hammer may not be a bad idea. He does not use ammo, so little use there.

Does one need the cloak skill to get the DB from a cloak?

Narrator
 GM, 9487 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 21:01
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
the DB applies to active defenses
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1279 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 21:57
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 642):

Ok. So like a shield, no roll required. Obviously most shield modifications do not apply to a cloak. Is fine the only one that does?
Aethul
 player, 344 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 22:44
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 638):

No, I normally wrap up in my blanket and my oilskin. it's a lighter way to travel but not always comfortable. Perhaps we can coordinate our gear to prevent duplication of necessities.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:49, Mon 04 Oct.

Hannatti
 player, 113 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Mon 4 Oct 2021
at 22:52
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 644):

Hannatti smiles back sweetly, but then lets it drop, content to be leaving town soon.
Narrator
 GM, 9491 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Oct 2021
at 17:41
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 643):

let me go and reread Swashbucklers
Hannatti
 player, 115 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Tue 5 Oct 2021
at 17:55
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 643):


======
OOC: From memory, if it helps, a normal cloak used passively is DR+1, whereas a heavy cloak would be DR+2.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:56, Tue 05 Oct.

Narrator
 GM, 9495 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Oct 2021
at 16:43
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 647):
TY but it is DB, not DR that stacks that way
Hannatti
 player, 116 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 6 Oct 2021
at 17:23
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 648):

ooopps.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1280 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 6 Oct 2021
at 19:44
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 649):

Ok. So just wearing a cloak and keeping a hand free to use it defensively grants +1/+2 DB if I understand correctly.
Hannatti
 player, 117 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Wed 6 Oct 2021
at 22:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne


======
OOC: I think so, but Narratror can confiirm .
:)

Hannatti
 player, 118 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 7 Oct 2021
at 08:02
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 644):

"So will we be leaving today? Or going for an early start tomorrow?" Hannatti asks Aethul.
Narrator
 GM, 9503 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 7 Oct 2021
at 16:49
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 650):

it is based on heaviness of cloak, it can add to dodge or cloak skill derived  defenses.  the isea is that it obfuscates your actual  silhouette and folks stab at the places where there is cloak, not body. the CV liak skill (and related perks) let you try to actively ensnare and redirect weapons.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:50, Thu 07 Oct.

Aethul
 player, 345 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 7 Oct 2021
at 17:47
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
I would vote for an early start in the morning, I'd like to clean up and get some rest.
Hannatti
 player, 119 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 7 Oct 2021
at 17:58
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 654):

Hannatti nods, "Makes sense. Sounds good. I need to wash and braid my hair." She pops off to the kitchen to see if the cook can spare a few cloves of garlic.

======
OOC: Happy to skip to morning if the shopping's sorted..

Melchizidek
 player, 916 posts
 Priest of Helios
 HP: 11/11, FP: 13/13
Thu 7 Oct 2021
at 19:18
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 653):

Definitely tomorrow morning.

Did I find a A Fine, Balanced, Silver coated Armour Piercing Pick is just $1,260?

Also, did we find holy water at any of the temples?
Aethul
 player, 346 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 7 Oct 2021
at 22:26
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
And I am getting my shortsword double silver coated, along with the arrows mentioned.
Arrows come to $170 (5 magical and 10 plated), plating the sword costs $800 to buy? or just to plate it?
Hannatti
 player, 121 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Thu 7 Oct 2021
at 22:34
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 657):

OK, if we're shopping, Hannatti will see if a small (handheld) silver mirror is available?


======
OOC: Are healing potions a thing? And available?

Narrator
 GM, 9508 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 16:45
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 657):

it is +2cf to get an item silvered, which usually involves heat, silver leaf, and mercury, thus the cost.  getting a shortsword is $400, getting a pre silvered one is $1200, so you are paying the difference.

you can only get fine and silvered in this podunk town, so a bunch less than that.

a silvered mirror can be got for $45, ( a bronze or lead ine with glass Costs $15, polished silver costs$75)

postions of healing can be hot for $120, 2 are available.  blessed water can be got by the vial for $15... 6 are available.
Aethul
 player, 347 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 18:02
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OK, so the Sword silvered, two healing potions ad 3 blessed (Holy water I assume?) water Vials.
Costs $1095.
Hannatti
 player, 126 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 18:03
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 659):

Hannatti would like to purchase a silver mirror ($75), a potion of healing ($120) and a vial of blessed water ($15), totalling $210.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:33, Sun 17 Oct.

Aethul
 player, 348 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 18:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Ummm Hannatti, so the previous messages, there were two and I bought them ;-)
Hannatti
 player, 127 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 18:36
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Well, thank you, Aethul. Looks like you took the words right out of my mouth!" Hannatti smile. It's a while since anyone gave her a present. She curtsies and flutters her eyelids for a moment or two as she accepts the gifts.


======
OOC: I got ninja'd, lol. Have edited the previous Hannatti post accordingly.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 429 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 19:01
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: Balie also buys 1 holy water (although he will probably never use it).
Are we ready to go?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:01, Sun 17 Oct.

Hannatti
 player, 128 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 19:15
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 664):

======
OOC: Good to go here.

Aethul
 player, 349 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 19:16
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
I think so... so the Morning after we all get ready?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1281 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 19:41
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 666):

Ok, buy all six blessed water for $90. Only a fine, silvered pick ($350), not even a balanced one (would be $630) available here? Hardly worth it...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 430 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 17 Oct 2021
at 19:44
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Kirpich Rockson:
In reply to Aethul (msg # 666):

Ok, buy all six blessed water for $90. Only a fine, silvered pick ($350), not even a balanced one (would be $630) available here? Hardly worth it...

There are only 2 left. Aethul got 3 and I got 1.
Aethul
 player, 350 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 19 Oct 2021
at 01:35
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
Then come morning we meet in the common room for tea and Break-fast, before moving on?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1282 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 19 Oct 2021
at 07:29
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 669):

Then get the last 2 Holy water.

Can he get his silvered pick balanced?
Narrator
 GM, 9523 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Oct 2021
at 19:30
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 670):

getting a balanced weapon is beyond the scope of this podunk town.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1283 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 20 Oct 2021
at 19:31
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 671):

What a hole. Is wooden stakes too much?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:38, Wed 20 Oct.

Narrator
 GM, 9529 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Oct 2021
at 19:56
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 672):

elementals use no tools; they are considered magical as they are mana dependent. no clothes, no armor, no gear.

balanced weapons require skill and special equipment to manufacture. (scales, balances, occasionally they need to be made hollow and loaded with lead weights.

picks are particularly unbalanced
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1284 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Wed 20 Oct 2021
at 20:55
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 673):

Yeah, I think 'balanced' in this sense refers to being easier to weild accurately, not balanced in the same sense as being ready to weild again after use, since there is no restriction on this mod in any of the large number of books it is in. But that it is beyond the guys in this hick town, I do get, though Kirpich would not be impressed.

But wooden stakes, or an axe to make them out of sticks?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 431 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 21 Oct 2021
at 07:07
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 674):

I got wooden stakes from here. So you can get them too.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1285 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 21 Oct 2021
at 19:34
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 675):

Cool. I might get an axe to compliment the hatchet in group basics so we can make more as well. How much did they cost you?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 432 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 08:05
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
OOC: I never got a price. Even asked for it again. So I just decided to  assume they were free.

Also, I am itching to get out on the road and fight some vampires. Perhaps we could just start and then possibly just be allowed to write the rest of what we wanted to buy while travelling (in flashback-kind-of-posts)

This message was last edited by the player at 08:17, Fri 22 Oct.

Hannatti
 player, 130 posts
 Noble Errant
 HP13/13, FP13/13
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 10:11
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 677):

Hannatti looks at Aethul and says, "I'm good to go but I'm not sure where it is. If you're ready to go, please will you guide me? That OK?"
Narrator
 GM, 9537 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 18:25
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 678):

stakes are $1 each, like torches without the oil soaked rags. $20 would get you more than you could use...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1286 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 20:21
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 679):

Kirpich will share 7, 4 on his pack horse and 3 with Chunky, whose hands will be perfect to hammer them home.

"Of course we can show you the way, Hannatti. Lets depart from this one horse town that cannot even balance weapons!"
Aethul
 player, 351 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 22:52
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Hannatti (msg # 678):

He Just smiles and nods, I'll make sure the group does not get lost.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 433 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 23 Oct 2021
at 16:53
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
"Sounds good. Let's get moving then." Balir puts on his travelling harness and nods towards the road.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:53, Yesterday.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1287 posts
 Rockin' Earth Cleric
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Sat 23 Oct 2021
at 23:17
Re: The Beast of Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 682):

So the merry band moves out...