Pequenauds in the Swamp.   Posted by Pequenaud's men.Group: 0
Sakemoko
 NPC, 92 posts
 Retired guildmaster
 from Sahud
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 18:58
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 747):

"In your absence, we located a beast that may serve in that manner.
Bring forth Guāi Mă."

Guai ma
 NPC, 1 post
 a strange horse
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 19:02
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Sakemoko (msg # 750):

Two nervous looking grooms lead a horse into the compound. It looks like a riding or pack beast, but on closer inspection, its mane and tail seem to be of a solid piece abd its black eyes do not seem to track.
Saishi Jin
 player, 206 posts
 Harvest priest
 HT: 12/12, FP: 12/12
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 19:31
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Guai ma (msg # 751):

Can Saishi determine what it is? What roll would be needed?
Chye Isuel
 player, 1924 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 21:50
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
16:42, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 3d6.  Teamster ~ 12.

16:41, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 13 using 3d6.  riding ~ 14.

Chye first mounts the beast, and canters a bit before dismounting to get the beast harnessed for the wagon.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1175 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 22:46
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
Chou-Zhen's interest is drawn to the strange animal.  He approaches it slowly.

"Most horses will go to great lengths to avoid me, but this doesn't seem a normal horse.

"Where did you find this, Lord?"

Guai ma
 NPC, 2 posts
 a strange horse
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 23:31
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 753):

the horse feels odd to Chye, he feels no bones move beneath its hide, and the texture of it is strange to the touch, and slightly rubbery.

Saishi has no knowledge that would explain the oddness of the creature.
Yoshimura Fuwara
 NPC, 29 posts
 Sahudese
 Wu Jen
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 23:36
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Guai ma (msg # 755):

"One of the things which prompted my journey to Northport was a casting of the oracle, describing a bad star and a horse. this beat was born three months ago, and lovked in the stables after its mother died... it had been creeping through the crack in the door to ea grass at night, and would slide through the same opening ech morning. it took only a few strings of cash to prevent the farmer from burning it in thr barn."
Saishi Jin
 player, 207 posts
 Harvest priest
 HT: 12/12, FP: 12/12
Fri 3 Dec 2021
at 00:33
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Yoshimura Fuwara (msg # 756):

Does appear to still be an animal,or something else?
Iskander
 player, 1883 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 3 Dec 2021
at 02:38
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"This is very strange, like it's from another plane..."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1925 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 3 Dec 2021
at 02:41
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"Are you auspicious, or should we be suspicious?"
Chye says patting the beasts flank, trying to discern more.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1176 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 3 Dec 2021
at 09:53
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"It bears some similarities to myself.  Early maturation, for instance -- I was physically adult at age eleven, while a foal a mere three months old should still be quite obviously a foal.  The crude-seeming approximations of mane and tail.  Seeming lack of bones or other hard structures."

Chou-Zhen approaches the horse-thing more closely, watching closely for signs of agitation, and speaks to it in Eldritch.

"Rytsas, riņa.  Ymg' ah hup naIIIIor agl?"
Guai ma
 NPC, 3 posts
 a strange horse
Fri 3 Dec 2021
at 16:11
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 760):

the horse thingturns toward Chou-Zen and nickers softly.

Saishi Jin seems to think it a horse... but he can't put his finger on what is odd about it. The grooms made warding signs as if it were cursed.
Saishi Jin
 player, 208 posts
 Harvest priest
 HT: 12/12, FP: 12/12
Fri 3 Dec 2021
at 22:07
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Guai ma (msg # 761):

Wow, not even with a critical success? Can I at least determine what I should roll to learn what it is?
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1177 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 3 Dec 2021
at 23:58
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"Mgepah ya gnaiih ymg' mgulnah l' ya?"  Chou-Zhen continues to speak softly in the jarring Eldritch language, much the way a groom or rider will do when meeting a strange horse.
Narrator
 GM, 9726 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 4 Dec 2021
at 21:17
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Saishi Jin (msg # 762):

whatever it is, it is outside the natural scope of things, and appears to be approximating a horse.  zif it squeezed under or theough a barred door, it may have no bones. That is weird.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1927 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 6 Dec 2021
at 23:04
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"Raised by horses? Why play at horse?"
Chye says
Iskander
 player, 1884 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 6 Dec 2021
at 23:06
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"I wonder how Congee-san,and this "horse" react to one another..."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1179 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 7 Dec 2021
at 00:25
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
Chou-Zhen continues slowly approaching the "horse", watching for the nervous dancing that would indicate an ordinary horse was about to rear, bolt, or otherwise panic.  He continues murmuring soft nonsense in Eldritch as he approaches.
Saishi Jin
 player, 210 posts
 Harvest priest
 HT: 12/12, FP: 12/12
Tue 7 Dec 2021
at 00:59
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 767):

"This is no natural beast. Keep it on a short leash..."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1180 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 7 Dec 2021
at 10:00
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"Much the same has been said of me, Saishi.  All of us are capable of evil.  That includes you, me, Tekeli-li, and Guai Ma here.  Our choices determine our path."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1930 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 7 Dec 2021
at 17:15
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"Seems docile enough and well behaved...How about horsepower? With no bones or muscles, it could have unnatural strength..."
Iskander
 player, 1885 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 7 Dec 2021
at 17:18
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"Wonder if oats, apples,and carrots, are it's usual fare.."
Saishi Jin
 player, 211 posts
 Harvest priest
 HT: 12/12, FP: 12/12
Tue 7 Dec 2021
at 19:00
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
In reply to Iskander (msg # 771):

"You, it would seem, have proven yourself. The others are yet to. That is all I am saying. We should not make assumptions based on their docile appearances..."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1181 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 7 Dec 2021
at 23:49
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"I have no bones, and my strength and speed are barely average for a human.  I eat and drink the same things you do, however, and Guai Ma has been eating like a horse, or initially a foal, for three months, it seems.  I wonder if she was nursed by another mare after her dam died, or started eating hay and grain immediately?

"What I see as the special thing about Guai Ma is that she seems not to fear me as natural animals do, so that it's possible I might ride rather than walk.  Even if she is no faster than a plodding plow horse or cart nag, still she will be faster than I can walk with a full pack.

"I must get her saddle and tack, and myself a few quick lessons in riding.  Because horses fear me, I have never sat on one's back, nor even driven a buggy or wagon.  She seemed to respond much like a horse, though, when Chye jumped on her back."

Chye Isuel
 player, 1931 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 8 Dec 2021
at 00:49
Re: Pequenauds] in the Swamp
"A suitable ride, for rider in need. Good!"