The Alchemist's Lair.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Jednesa
 player, 578 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 04:47
The Alchemist's Lair
Masugatan:
OOC: 5 hours of sleep?  I�d be fit to be an extra in a George Romero film if I tried to get by on that.

OOC:  There are days I envy the dead, at least they generally sleep well.  My insomnia* plus having to get up by 8 at the latest means if I'm up till or past 3am (most night s I'm up till between 2-3am) I'm 6 at the most, and usually less.  And then a good solid 6 on the 'weekend' cause I can sleep in till 9 or 10 (my cats won't let me sleep past 10, ever).

But I've been getting 6 hours on average since I like 14?  I just could never sleep more than 6 hours at a stretch when I was young (except if I missed a few days of sleep straight, then i'd crash for 10 hours), and now that I'm old if I sleep more than 7 hours I get pounding migraines when I do get up.

So... that sleep dep is getting intense.  Which is why I laugh when I see shows like "and these people have been up for 18 hours straight and as you can see Micheal has passed out proving, blah, blah, blah about sleep deprivation".  I'm just like, "18 hours?  Those are rookie stats, get on my level you pansies!"

* I don't think it's actually insomnia.  There have been studies showing a small percentage of the population have shifted circadian rhythms, they feel like naturally going to sleep anywhere from 2-6 hours later than everyone else.  I think, I'm in the "naturally goes to sleep after 3am group.  I never suffered insomnia when I was going to sleep after 3am, always slept a solid 6 hours, and was generally never exhausted like I am now.

This message was last updated by the player at 04:47, Wed 08 Sept.

Narrator
 GM, 9359 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 18:48
The Alchemist's Lair
the watches are about 3 hours each, so everyone gets a minimum of 6 hours
Christine Bjorn
 player, 2095 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 HP: 9/9, FP: 15/15
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 20:47
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Narrator (msg # 392):

Should be enough to have no penalties, else we add a watch to make four watches, or extend the watches to 4 hours each. Happy with either as long as it deals with the penalties.
Masugatan
 player, 520 posts
 street thug
Thu 9 Sep 2021
at 21:36
The Alchemist's Lair
Masugatan is very open-minded on the subject of keeping watch.  Fit him into whatever time slot is most convenient.
Narrator
 GM, 9380 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 18:27
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 394):

during the second watch there is a sound of distant howling...
Masugatan
 player, 521 posts
 street thug
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 20:04
The Alchemist's Lair
OOC: who is on watch?
Christine Bjorn
 player, 2101 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 HP: 9/9, FP: 15/15
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 20:46
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 396):

Jednessa and Christine, or Frog sisters...
Jednesa
 player, 579 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 23:29
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
Christine Bjorn:
Jednessa and Christine, or Frog sisters...

OOC: It's the Destructive Duo, Mage and Meatshield at bat.

19:26, Today: Jednesa rolled 4 using 3d6.  Per 7.  Distant howling?  Maybe close by ambushers.
Jednesa ignores up to 9 points of Darkness penalties with Night Vision 9.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 2102 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 HP: 9/9, FP: 15/15
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 23:39
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 398):

Using the campfire, Christine will try to summon Crispin...but not quite get there.
Narrator
 GM, 9387 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 16:43
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 398):

Jednesa can discern the howls of fmdire wolves in the distance, perhaps as many as fingers on one hand and a couple more. She knows these animals are the right size for her.
Jednesa
 player, 580 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 18:09
The Alchemist's Lair
"Hmmm.  Dire wolf.  Many.  More than one hand," she holds her hand up fingers splayed.

She gets up and moves the edge of camp towards where the howls came from, stands backlit by the fire, takes a wide wrestlers stance, stomps one foot, then the other, and roars out a challenge in response!

"PŘIJĎTE A ZÍSKEJTE NĚKTERÉ!"


OOC:  14:01, Today: Jednesa rolled 15 using 3d6.  Intimidation 11 or 8 (+3 for Hideous).  Challenging or scaring off the Dire Wolves.

That didn't go as well as I'd hoped.  Need to up that stat if she's ever gonna have Intimidation game...  on the plus side, everyone should be awake if the Dire Wolves decide to come get some.

Christine Bjorn
 player, 2103 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 HP: 9/9, FP: 15/15
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 20:39
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 401):

Christine checks that no one slept through that, starting with checking for a pulse if they did!
Emma Wilson
 player, 148 posts
 Priestess of Helios
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 20:40
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 402):

Woken by the roar, Emma dons armour...
Evelina Grattan
 player, 205 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 22:44
The Alchemist's Lair
The elder sister sits bolt upright in her bedroll and reaches out a hand to hold the younger down until she can figure out what's up --

OOC: Here's where we test who has PTSD...
Elaina Grattan
 player, 101 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 22:47
The Alchemist's Lair
The younger sister sits bolt upright in her bedroll and reaches out a hand to hold the elder down until she can figure out what's up --

And when she turns her head to look why her hand met ground instead of her sister's body, she meets the elder's gaze, doing the exact same thing, and bursts out laughing, to be joined a heartbeat later by the elder sister.
Dne Utrotare
 player, 361 posts
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 06:56
The Alchemist's Lair

This message was deleted by the player at 06:56, Wed 15 Sept.

Masugatan
 player, 522 posts
 street thug
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 06:57
The Alchemist's Lair
If I’m awake now, I’ll draw my Butcher’s Blade and hurry to the sound of the battle.
Evelina Grattan
 player, 206 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Wed 15 Sep 2021
at 09:10
The Alchemist's Lair
After a few seconds of laughter, both sisters get themselves clear of their bedrolls and begin throwing on their armor, assisting each other with lacings and buckles.
dire wolf
 NPC, 8 posts
 bigger and badder
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 17:14
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 408):

unless your chsracter has Hard of hearing or sleep of the dead, you are awake.


the howls shift to questioning barks
Jednesa
 player, 581 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 17:45
The Alchemist's Lair
Jednesa answers their barks with laugh and another roar!

"HAHAH! STÁLE ČEKÁ ZABIT VÁS!"
Christine Bjorn
 player, 2104 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 HP: 9/9, FP: 8/15
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 21:23
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 410):

Christine will start a spell, but then change her mind. Halting the spell, she will instead go to the campfire and start creating a creature from the flames!
Emma Wilson
 player, 149 posts
 Priestess of Helios
 HP: 10/10, FP: 11/11
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 21:24
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 411):

Emma, once she has donned armour, will create a nimbus of light around her hand...
dire wolf
 NPC, 9 posts
 bigger and badder
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 22:09
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 412):

7 dire wolves approach  tentatively they are the size of small horses
Christine Bjorn
 player, 2105 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 HP: 9/9, FP: 8/15
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 22:16
The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to dire wolf (msg # 413):

At what range? Has Christine had time to create her friends?
Jednesa
 player, 582 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Fri 24 Sep 2021
at 00:02
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
Jednesa crouches low in a wrestlers stance and growls at the dire wolves, looking the largest one right in the eyes, a clear and obvious challenge to it!


OOC:  Jednesa is Waiting, Attack to Grab if the largest wolf comes within range.
20:00, Today: Jednesa rolled 10 using 3d6.  Wrestling 16, Grab.  Only on Wait conversion.