The Alchemist's Lair.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Elaina Grattan
 player, 88 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Wed 7 Jul 2021
at 09:09
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
"Do you wish to become a worshipper of the frog god?  We can teach you the ritual -- there's a lot of dancing naked in the rain, and considerable mud."
Emma Wilson
 player, 134 posts
 Priestess of Helios
 HP: 10/10, FP: 9/11
Wed 7 Jul 2021
at 20:54
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 249):

Emma just smirks. The stone is obviously to big to carry.
Jednesa
 player, 556 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Wed 7 Jul 2021
at 21:46
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
OOC:  Jednesa can lift the ox cart.  She can almost carry a ton at Extra Heavy Encumberance, she can carry more than a ton (2,700 pounds) at "stagger slowly" speeds.  She might be able to lift and carry this slab, depending on what type of stone it is (like if it's pumice 100% yes, if it's gabbro/peridotite/basalt/granite 100% no, if it's just between them... eh, maybe.  Probably with Extra Effort and some good rolls).  The hard part is the size of the rooms and tunnels.  Everything would need to be embiggened for her to get through with that stone on her back.  Or just cut her a new tunnel right straight through the side so she just has to shift it onto the cart, that she could do even if it's gabbro (the densest stone).  But at that point, the oxcart could not handle it.  It might be one of those treasures we need to asses if it's worth renting a strong enough cart and coming back for.

But personally, either way this is one of those treasures that it might be best to "seal it all up and pick it up on the way back".

Narrator
 GM, 9138 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 19:47
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 251):

the slab is roughly a cubic yard  of sandstone
Emma Wilson
 player, 135 posts
 Priestess of Helios
 HP: 10/10, FP: 9/11
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 19:57
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Narrator (msg # 252):

So about 4,400 lbs...
Jednesa
 player, 557 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:27/36 FP:13/13
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 20:08
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
OOC:  Definitely "bring back a bigger wagon" and carefullingly nudge it into the wagon.  Then sell the whole piece (wagon included) to some sap and let them deal with unloading it.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 2066 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 HP: 9/9, FP: 10/15
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 21:09
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 254):

Yeah. For now, use and move on. Pity it only cleans body...
Elaina Grattan
 player, 89 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 21:41
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
The younger sister takes her turn on the stone.

"That feels, um, funny.  It's like all the comfy in these leathers has turned back to new, but they smell better, at least."
Evelina Grattan
 player, 182 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 21:44
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
At the younger sister's urging, the elder sister also briefly takes a seat on the stone.

"Oh, I see what you mean, Holy Sister.  But I do feel really, really clean.  I think I could get used to this, but it'll never replace a nice, hot, soaky bath."
Masugatan
 player, 498 posts
 street thug
Fri 9 Jul 2021
at 03:29
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
“On second thought, let’s pass on the mud.” Masugatan isn’t feeling religious, and doesn’t want to commit to anything.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:30, Fri 09 July.

Evelina Grattan
 player, 183 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 00:28
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
The elder sister shakes her head.  "Just like the baron.  It's less messy than sacrificing a lamb, and there's no ritual cannibalism involved -- but no one wants to get muddy."
Valerie
 NPC, 37 posts
 Barfly
Sun 11 Jul 2021
at 18:13
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Evelina Grattan (msg # 259):

"It issuch a bitch to clean up after though."
Emma Wilson
 player, 136 posts
 Priestess of Helios
 HP: 10/10, FP: 9/11
Sun 11 Jul 2021
at 20:48
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Valerie (msg # 260):

"Helios has no cannibalism nor mud. Just saying...
Elaina Grattan
 player, 90 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Mon 12 Jul 2021
at 09:00
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
"It's worth it, Valerie."  The younger sister glances to the side for a moment.  "And the mud washes right off.  It's not like we can't create the water for it, when needed.  And of course, we don't get our clothes muddy, because we don't wear them for the ritual."
Masugatan
 player, 499 posts
 street thug
Thu 15 Jul 2021
at 12:44
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
“The stone would clean it right off, wouldn’t it?”
Narrator
 GM, 9170 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 15 Jul 2021
at 17:22
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 263):

most definitely.
Elaina Grattan
 player, 91 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Thu 15 Jul 2021
at 21:23
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
"I'm sure it would, but a nice hot bath is so much nicer."
Masugatan
 player, 500 posts
 street thug
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 10:19
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
“I don’t see no bath around here.  Just this stone.”

I wonder if it rolls, He adds silently.
Narrator
 GM, 9177 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 10:47
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 266):

it might take more than Masugatan to move the stone...


meanwhile, what are the others doing?
Elaina Grattan
 player, 92 posts
 Holy Sister of the
 Frog God Cult
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 11:13
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
"Say, Holiness, perhaps next time we're in town we should think about getting a portable bathtub -- and one of us should ask the frog god for something to heat the water.  Don't know if he'd like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  It's for humans, not frogs, after all."
Emma Wilson
 player, 137 posts
 Priestess of Helios
 HP: 10/10, FP: 9/11
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 20:44
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Elaina Grattan (msg # 268):

Emma looks at the stone to estimate how easy it is to move it, after using it, before looking around at what else is there.
Narrator
 GM, 9183 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 19 Jul 2021
at 17:35
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Emma Wilson (msg # 269):

it is easily a four person lift, but even then it might take extra effort.
Emma Wilson
 player, 138 posts
 Priestess of Helios
 HP: 10/10, FP: 9/11
Mon 19 Jul 2021
at 23:00
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
In reply to Narrator (msg # 270):

"Probably best we leave it in place for now, and try to collect it later, I think."

Is there anything else of note?
Masugatan
 player, 501 posts
 street thug
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 16:05
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
“Agreed,” Masugatan says simply.  He has no desire to explore the mystic land of Hernia.
Evelina Grattan
 player, 184 posts
 Queen of Frog God Cult
 And don't you forget it!
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 21:54
Re: The Alchemist's Lair
"I don't think it'll replace bathing, anyway.  Meanwhile, let's take another quick look around and go back out to Christine and Jednesa."