Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...   Posted by Kitten.Group: 0
David Crain
 player, 18 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Fri 12 Jul 2013
at 18:39
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
David's face turns to a look of disappointment upon reaching the group and hearing Zenha's response.  He didn't really hear Pax's question but he could make a fairly accurate guess.  He will continue to pay attention on the hopes of hearing something that would make this job, well, less dull.
Sang-wei Ling
 player, 14 posts
 (R2) - Specialist
 Callsign: Mockingbird
Sat 13 Jul 2013
at 01:31
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Ling shakes her head, "No.", lips pursed in an irritated look she shakes her head.

"The militia is pretty happy with all the quiet.  They get paid the same... fighting or not fighting.  The harvest came and went.  They thought they might have had problems with hungry pirates... they have to eat too... but you know how that went.  No raids.  The they harvested, and what's not dispersed into the population was sold to nearby planets, the C-bills in a comstar account arent anything pirates can really steal."
Zenha Grey
 player, 32 posts
 2nd Lt, Callsign:Baroness
Sat 13 Jul 2013
at 03:34
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
"So the harvest is done." Zenha replied, "And with the C-Bills in the bank, the militia doesn't believe that pirates would come to the planet? What about water resources?" She ask without expecting much of an answer in terms of resources.
Sang-wei Ling
 player, 15 posts
 (R2) - Specialist
 Callsign: Mockingbird
Sat 13 Jul 2013
at 04:09
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
"Water is heavy and they're more inclined to raid the asteroid belt, when solid blocks of ice are mined.", Ling shrugs

"... or so they believe.  I really have no desire to picket a garrison in an asteroid belt.", Lings nose wrinkles at the thought.  Zero G combat was something she was vaguely familiar with.  All her experience were of the negative sort.
Pax Tarkin
 player, 8 posts
 Call Sign "Traxx"
 Mech "Road Runner"
Sat 13 Jul 2013
at 17:19
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Pax looks down at the bay's floor tying to not look too disappointed.  Having nothing useful to add to the conversation he decided to keep his mouth shut.
Kitten
 GM, 108 posts
Sun 14 Jul 2013
at 00:51
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
The members of the brat pack gather and go to kill some time in the mess hall.

It's the same routine that has them bored to tears, but everything else they'd like to get done has been done.

As they all gather to spend another dead boring evening of drinking... bar games...  and old war stories at the base recreation hall.  A little icon pops up in Zanha's ready room.

'You have mail', winks on and off waiting for attention to notice it.
David Crain
 player, 20 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Sun 14 Jul 2013
at 01:17
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Joining the rest of the crew in the rec. room, David was at least thankful someone was able to get ahold of several decks of cards.  At least the evenings could be passed in a less than boring fashion and he believed that tonight's game of choice was euchre.
Zenha Grey
 player, 35 posts
 2nd Lt, Callsign:Baroness
Sun 14 Jul 2013
at 05:57
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Zenha had the habit of carrying her noteputer with her whenever she was out of the office. It was even true in the recreation hall. She excused herself and reviewed the contract offer at a nearby empty table.

This is the best offer that I've seen in months. Zenha thought to herself as she read the fine details of the contract. Finally she motioned for everybody to gather. "Drinks on me tonight!" She closed the noteputer. The final instructions was already queued to go out with the next hyperspace transmission.

"We've got ourselves a contract. Expect thirty days for us to dust off this planet."
Kitten
 GM, 110 posts
Mon 15 Jul 2013
at 04:12
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Zenha's predictions for a 30 day wait for dust off are off by a significant magnitude.

She sends off a missive with the units interest, and goes to bed.  She wakes with travel arrangements in motion to transport the unit to Detroit.  A Periphery planet with some level of industry, and the capital of a fledgling alliance of planets forming in the periphery.

A dropship makes planetfall a day later and the unit is dusting off for a 2 jump jaunt through space.  Theres a 2 week wait, where the sails are deployed to recharge before the final jump i made for Detroit.

If the characters have anything to do before dusting off, or during the two week wait to recharge the jump ship, please state so here.  I should (i hope) have time to finalize things tomorrow when the weekend hectic schedule comes to an end.
Sang-wei Ling
 player, 17 posts
 (R2) - Specialist
 Callsign: Mockingbird
Mon 15 Jul 2013
at 04:14
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Ling takes the sudden departure in stride.  She makes certain that the Mockingbird is loaded up on the union and settles in for the 2 week trip to Detroit.

She spends time lingering in the cockpit of her Raven of ghosting around quietly on the decks of the Union.  It wasnt that she was trying too hard to hide, it was just second nature to move about with a certain degree of stealth.
David Crain
 player, 22 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Mon 15 Jul 2013
at 04:56
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
David certainly isn't complaining about the accelerated schedule.  Glad to leave that planet behind, his Blackjack is loaded up onto the dropship within 30 minutes of being given the 'all clear'.  His belongings are gathered up shortly after that.  He waves the planet a cheerful goodbye before strapping himself in for liftoff.  Once docked to the jumpship however, he realizes that he has a few questions for the Lieutenant concerning his mission.
Thomas Keith
 player, 15 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Call Sign: Falcon
Tue 16 Jul 2013
at 19:19
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Thomas is ready to leave this dustball for something else to do. The question is what was the nature of the contract, another garrison. He was ready to go and had his gear stowed by the time the call came in a day to be ready. 30 days turned into 30 hours. Someone was in a hurry...Why.....
Sang-wei Ling
 player, 18 posts
 (R2) - Specialist
 Callsign: Mockingbird
Tue 16 Jul 2013
at 19:29
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Ling does a walk through the Calypso and notices that the ship had a very well pristine feel to it.  Neat tidy and well kept.


Ling seems to stay busy, and only barely shows up to grab quick meals leaving her assigned bunk bed tidy and unused.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:55, Tue 16 July 2013.

Zenha Grey
 player, 37 posts
 2nd Lt, Callsign:Baroness
Tue 16 Jul 2013
at 23:35
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Zenha called everyone together one evening for a meal, it was not optional. "Alright listen up, we'll be entering Detroit in less than 24 hours. Make sure your mechs are ready." Zenha seemed to have been repeating that their mechs needed to be ready almost daily while they were in transit.

"This is a fairly new unit." She was interrupted when someone asked for the name of the unit. "Rat Pack", she said with a smile. "But tonight we eat."
Adam Carlyle
 player, 36 posts
 XO, Callsign: 'Cowboy'
 Mech: 'Lame Mustang'
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 01:48
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Adam had been doing power output ratios till they loaded his ride for transit.  While on the way he did his best to work out in Zero-G...he still didn't feel fully recovered from his mechs destruction even now after so much time.  When Zenha called for the evening meal before arrival Adam showed up and listened.  Asking the question that everyone was likely to wonder about, "What's the measure in Detroit Baroness?"
David Crain
 player, 24 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 02:57
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
While in transit, David had been spending most of his time down in the mechbay at the Lt's request that their mechs be kept at combat-ready status.  He had been working mostly on his own mech but also that of others, helping out where he could.  He had even found a few hours to sleep.

During the mandatory meeting he found out why.  He still had a few questions, however, notably:  "What's the situation, Lieutenant, and who are we up against?"
Kitten
 GM, 122 posts
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 13:57
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Role Playing Experience given out.

 2 xp Adam
 2 xp David
 1 xp Henriette
 1 xp Pax
 3 xp Ling
 1 xp Thomas
 2 xp Zenha

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:58, Wed 17 July 2013.

Pax Tarkin
 player, 13 posts
 "Traxx" G3/P4/M1 +3 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 15:31
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Pax had settled in and figured a few strong drinks is just what the mech warrior needed before hitting the rack.

24 hours.  It was good that they would be on the planet tomorrow.  He would much rather be running around on the ground in metal than flying through space in it.  Road Runner was prepped and without some new fancy tech was as good as you could get with a mech that fast.

They had some practice sessions.  He just hoped that with all the time he spent sitting around on his butt these last months didn't make him too rusty for real combat.
Thomas Keith
 player, 20 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Call Sign: Falcon
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 16:47
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Thomas was with Pax on his like of being in space. It was not fun. He would be glad to be dirt-side. He paid close attention when David asked about the opposition picking at his food as his stomach was not in the mood for eating.

There was that one time he puked in his neurohelm during a combat drop and he never wanted to revisit that place again.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:14, Wed 17 July 2013.

Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 32 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 17:08
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Henriette  had looked her blackjack over the first fifteen times during the first week, now she wandered the dropship, aimless... Bored out of her skull.

She didn't so much mind the space voyages themselves, it was the blandness, how every day was exactly the same as the last one, which got  to her.

in the end she settled into a routine of eat, sleep, sit around reading Mech magazines, tactics manuals, and magazines, and maintenance manuals.
she wanted to exercise, but due to the limited water, she kept it at a minimum.

as time passed, even that  got too boring, and she hibernated... sort of...

Then came a day, where everyone seemed far more excited than usual, it wasn't till noon she realized they'd be landing the next day.

When they sat  down for dinner that  night, she'd done her best  to freshen up (as much as facilities permitted), and the blank stare was slowly fading to one of curiosity
Zenha Grey
 player, 45 posts
 R2 - Commander
 Call sign - 'Baroness'
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 23:01
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
In reply to Adam Carlyle (msg # 32):

"It's a more garrison work." Zenha smiled as she heard several groans. "It's not much, but there were worse. We still have to make a name for ourselves in order to get better contracts."

"But this one is multi-phase contract. That means it's open-ended, so there might be more contracts and other missions. So we have the potential for a bigger payout."

Zenha Grey
 player, 46 posts
 R2 - Commander
 Call sign - 'Baroness'
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 23:03
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
In reply to David Crain (msg # 33):

Zenha shook her head, "Don't know yet. We haven't received those details until we get planetside. Their security forces didn't want to give that information out."
Thomas Keith
 player, 22 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Call Sign: Falcon
Wed 17 Jul 2013
at 23:46
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
Thomas frowned at the lack of information. "That is never a good sign. The less they tell you, the more surprises there are. Surprises are very rarely good. The Steiner was not enchanted about being kept in the dark but then again, clients were not going to broadcast their dirty laundry for everyone to see unless they were desperate.
Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 36 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 06:08
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
"at least tell us you negotiated a good bonus, based on their unwillingness to give out information.

I know I know, the dead can't spend, but if i'm going into something like this, without proper intel because they're reluctant to share... I had better know the payday is wirth whatever they aren't telling me."

Adam Carlyle
 player, 44 posts
 R2 - Executive Officer
 Callsign - 'Cowboy'
Thu 18 Jul 2013
at 14:49
Re: Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...
"No intel beforehand with a garrison tends to mean either some industrial or governmental secret that they want kept hidden and protected quietly or they are paranoid." nodded Adam as he ran over the scenarios.

"Sadly both can lead to either mind numbing boring duty or meat-grinder combat as we are tossed to protect what they want so they don't loose it."

He shrugged with a smile, "Never pass on easy money, was looking at learning another language.  You think I can find the latest Rosetta Stone programs on Detroit..."