Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...   Posted by Kitten.Group: 0
Kitten
 GM, 491 posts
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 16:16
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
X-3s are an odd looking mech.  They're not particularly large, weighing only 25 tons.

They resemble Valkyries, but have large shoulder bays, similar to those on a Crusader or Archer.
The X-3A's while functionally similiar to the X-3's were never meant to be aerodynamic to jump, and as such appear bulkier look.  20% heavier than their smaller cousin, contributes to the stockier look.  The Axe looked like something from Solaris, gaving it an amatuerish look that played to show, instead of a machine of war.  These considerations combined together give the mech a rather unique silouette.


This message was last edited by the GM at 16:19, Fri 27 Sept 2013.

Lina Todd
 R0 - Mechwarrior, 2 posts
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 18:23
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Lina nodded with a smile and a simple "Thanks..." to Regina before turning back to Pax who had reached out his hand.

Extending her own she a small smirk touched her lips, "Nice to meet you Pax.  I'm Lina and the ride I came in on the techies call an X-3A.  They haven't gotten around to giving it another designation and I just have been calling him Ironman."
Pax Tarkin
 player, 137 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 19:26
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.

A pang of jealousy passed through Pax has he looked at a new Mech.  Not only a new mech but a new design.  NEW NEW NEW.  Still taking in the sight he asks, "Looks impressive.  So I can fill in the Captain, if you needed to assist in a battle,  whats the non classified  specs?"
Lina Todd
 R0 - Mechwarrior, 3 posts
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 19:54
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Lina had a rich laugh for Pax in wanting to know specs on her Ironman, "Displaces thirty tons, throttle let out crosses 92 kilometers per hour, you can obviously see the axe and he's got a trio of those medium pulse lasers that you're unit was offered but instead took up the option on the lighter internal structure."

Motioning for him to move just a little out of the way of the main thoroughfaire Lina took her tone down.  As the XO he was going to find out anyways and if Grey was sick and couldn't perform then he'd have operational command, "Listen we both know that we're low on supplies since the assault began on this planet...and you've seen firsthand the campaign they are waging is one of scorched earth."

She paused for a second, "We've got a dropship inbound but she had to land at the spaceport.  Our units are going to head to the spaceport...you ran across Commander Snow a bit back.  They are going to draw off the heavier assets there while your unit and some transports with infantry are going to spearhead a dash into the city and to the Spaceport itself.  We'll need to fight off what is left at the LZ so that supplies can be off-loaded and then get out of dodge..."
Pax Tarkin
 player, 138 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Fri 27 Sep 2013
at 21:21
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Pulse Lasers, he had heard that they make targets easier to hit... he sure could of use them.

Hearing the rest as they move around the mech he learns about the next mission.  Sounds challenging.  He better let the Captain know right away.

For the display of the ground crew, "Nice ... lets go get you checked in with the Captain.  Follow me."

Pax headed for the Captain's office.
Kitten
 GM, 493 posts
Sat 28 Sep 2013
at 01:32
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.


Preacher, was the closest that Miller's creek had to a doctor.  He was a Medic in the militia before retiring to settle down to sheppard the spiritual needs of Miller's creek, filling in when mining accidents struck.

He was blocking Pax and Lina's progress for the moment from continuing, "Not so fast kids.", he comments in his southern drawl, tilting his head slightly to regard both of you with his good eye.

"Bunch of peeps came down with a mild case of food posioning.  Not lethal, but theres no telling that to the patient.  Doled out what sedatives i had to have them sleep the worse of it off.  Commander Grey, and Mechwarrior Keith are among them.  They're going to be out for a 48 hours... give or take, till the bad meat they had works it's way out of their system.  Whatever business you got with them, will have to wait."

Past Preacher, you can see cots have been laid out in the town hall, and a two dozen patients are laid out and quietly sedated.  Among them, two members of the Rat Pack.
Regina Arlington
 player, 33 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Callsign - 'Reggie'
Sat 28 Sep 2013
at 01:35
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Regina returns from the mess hall, with a carrot and a few stalks of celery.  She was munching on them cheerfully and peering into the hall of sick peeps.

Sinners all... if only they had fasted instead of partaken of that meal, like she did, this could have been avoided.  Oh well, it was Blake's will.

Regina takes a bite of her celery stalk, ignorant of just how loud it crunched, and went about her merry way.  She was eager to see what exactly this new miracle material they were using that was suppose to make her mech lighter and faster.
Lina Todd
 R0 - Mechwarrior, 4 posts
Sat 28 Sep 2013
at 01:41
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Lina frowned before looking to Pax, "Looks like me sitting it out and just watching isn't an option.  We'll need to move before they are good to go and you'll need every mech you can to help open the way, so it looks like I'll be taking a move active roll on this one..."

As much as there was worry written across her face, the chance to put her Ironman through real paces like her sister had put hers through was a boon.  At least she wouldn't be able to brag about being the only one in the family to see actual real combat.
Pax Tarkin
 player, 139 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 07:41
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
He hoped they had time to wait for the Captain to recover but he had a feeling that they couldn't wait that long.

Though he never personally held command of more than a lance, and that was recent and he thought temporarily,  his family has been leaders for generations with rank.  He has heard enough war stories and been trained but hoped he wouldn't be forced into it.

So he asked the question he feared he knew the answer to.
"How soon till we need to start moving out for the mission?"
Lina Todd
 R0 - Mechwarrior, 5 posts
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 13:52
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
"36 hours." she responded without any extra fanfare or further details.

Then a thought came to her, a passage from one of her old text books, "It's actually not a bad thing.  If we set up their mechs to look like they are part of the normal defense of the town while the other units leave by different routes that look like patrols and the like we'll also be able to conceal our approach to the spaceport."
Kitten
 GM, 496 posts
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 14:12
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
(I can live with this.  If Zenha and Thomas both return there attention to the game, i can set up a mini scenario to defend Miller's creek)
Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 161 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
 Ld: 2, Mirage
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 14:14
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Henriette rose, carrying her remaining beer with her into the Bay, to join the conversation.
She had dug into the meat aplenty on that day, but hey, she'd been told on several occasions that she had not a stomach, but an iron cast furnace which gobbled up anything she ate, this could probably be attributed to her stomach being used to that from when she was a kid, her mother was never rich, not until her last year of living at least.

when she reached the gorup idling about she took another swig of the beer.
"Seems like a baseline plan of approach to work from... I'm Henriette, Shield Maiden.
The mirage  over there is my little baby"

she indicated the pristinely kept war machine, and it's hedgehog nature of medium lasars.

"Nice Tech you brought in with you, can't wait to see how it holds up in combat"
and she took another swig.
David Crain
 player, 98 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 20:52
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
David wanders in from wherever he had been, having significantly calmed down from his previous anger.  He is surprised to see all the new faces around and quickly gets caught up on what's been happening.  From new people to a bout of food poisoning, it seems there's rarely a dull moment around here and now he's glad he skipped supper.

The thought of action was encouraging, to say the least, and the fact that it would be soon made it all the better.  As he walked over to introduce himself to the liaison officers he noted the mechs they were piloting as they were designs he had never seen before.

Before too much time has passed, he will wander over to find Pax, "Do I still have time to get some extra practice in before we move out?"
Pax Tarkin
 player, 140 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Sun 29 Sep 2013
at 23:40
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Well best to get this underway.

Pax activated his communicator to all hands. "XO to Rat Pack.  Mission briefing in three hours. "

Flipping off his comm he turn to Lina.  "You'd better give me the details so we can prepare a briefing."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:58, Mon 30 Sept 2013.

David Crain
 player, 99 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Mon 30 Sep 2013
at 01:59
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
David heard his radio crackle to life and issue the above order before replying, "Avenger copies.", before thinking to himself, "Well, that settles that, at least for the moment."
Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 162 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
 Ld: 2, Mirage
Mon 30 Sep 2013
at 04:32
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Henriette poked the button on her comms.
"Roger that, boss."

She didn't look forward to be the acting XO of this motley bunch, in fact she didn't look forward to being XO at all, but life never stopped to ask what you wanted, shit just happened.


maybe she'd be lucky, and someone else would be picked for the duty, even despite pax' familiarity with ehr as Xo from the previous mission.

She swung by the kitchen, and picked up a box of pastries, with rationing in effect, the repair crew would appreciate them even more, sure some would state she was abusing privilege, but happy grease monkeys worked far harder, and far more willingly than grouchy hungry ones.
Then she headed over to the Mech bay, and located the mechanic foreman.
She put a pot of coffee and the box with pastries on a nearby flat surface.
"Hey, How are they coming along?
They need to be ready to move out in 24 hours"

She gave him a small smile and looked around at the mechanic crew working, but paying attention to their conversation.
"It would be a shame if these were gone, when I return to pick them up for the officers, you know"
She added a wink, then shrugged.
Lina Todd
 R0 - Mechwarrior, 6 posts
Mon 30 Sep 2013
at 15:10
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
"Let's find somewhere to talk privately and I'll give you the rest of the operational details..." replied Lina as she looked around at all the various people both connected to the mercenary unit as well as the civilians at Miller's Creek.
Lucius McMurphy
 player, 192 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign - 'Burner'
Mon 30 Sep 2013
at 15:13
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Lucius heard the call for the mission briefing and set his chrono to wake him in two hours and fourty five minutes.  Clicking the comm on and then off to signal that he got it he didn't bother saying anything.  Laying his head back in his cot he covered his face with the magazine he'd been 'reading' when he got back to relieve the iritation at Pax.
Pax Tarkin
 player, 141 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Mon 30 Sep 2013
at 15:16
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Pax nodded his agreement,  "Lets go to my quarters and take a look and get the ball rolling."

He was glad they would not have to defend again but attacking a fortified site would be rough.  He hoped military intelligence was more right than wrong ... for once.
Kitten
 GM, 506 posts
Thu 3 Oct 2013
at 19:57
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.

She made her way to a clear field where a trusted pilot would ferry her to Miller's Creek for the final briefing on the offensive.  The 101st elements were positioned and knew there parts.  That was the easy part.

Informed of the situtaion at Miller's Creek, Mechwarrior Todd alerts Commander Snow to the complications.  They were having alot more contact with the locals than was really recommend by Pandora, still what needed to be done, would be done.

While she was a novice on the ways of wars, she understood that an army needed to eat.  Starve it out and it would have to move on or surrender.

The Aurora and Morning Star would make certain that Planetary Aero assets were kept honest.  The Assault group would clear static targets, while the Air wing would engage patrols to draw attention away from the spaceport.

The Miller's Creek Militia would provide the man power needed to take the dropship, using the local assets to do so.

It was a simple plan.  Simple was good, simple kept left less things to go wrong.  A hour later she finds herself standing in a filthy room with poor lighting presenting the what was expected of them.  They were a scruffy looking lot, and she hoped that they fought better than they smelled or it was going to be a short offensive.

(*Commander Tamara Snow has just conveyed the basis of the information you will need for Mission Three.  Over the next day, reinforcements are expected to filter in from the field, and on the morning, the operation was expected to begin.  Diversionary raids were expected to start pre dawn, to drawn liquid assets away from the spaceport.  An hour after this the Miller's Creek Militia was to make a move on the space port.  Supplies that the occupational force need are the target, if the dropship could be taken, it might break the backs of the invaders.*)

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:57, Thu 03 Oct 2013.

Pax Tarkin
 player, 148 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 03:14
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Pax had gone over the mission details with Tina and came up with a rough mission plan.  This would do for for starters.  He just hoped the intel was solid.  If they didn't account for most of the enemy forces it could get bad fast.

"Well ... I think we are about ready for some 'show and tell'

Ready for a mission briefing?"

Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 168 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
 Ld: 2, Mirage
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 03:51
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
15 minuttes before it started Henriette walked into the briefing room, she had dined, showered and put on fresh clothes, the difference was like night and day.

she looked around the room before picking herself a seat off ot one of the sides, and not too close to wherever pax would be breafing them.
Luck might allow her to duck any of the sour responsibility this time.
Kitten
 GM, 567 posts
Sun 6 Oct 2013
at 04:13
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
(Mission was 'started' on message 87, actually going to start the mission in a day or two now that Carmine is done.)
Echo Snow
 Alt, 1 post
Mon 7 Oct 2013
at 01:04
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.
Echo's arrival to Miller's Creek came with some modest fanfare.  While her mech was one of the lightest ever mass produced, it was a classic that had survived the test of time and was still in popular production.  That had to mean something.

Evidently so, since it towered among the lot of assembled vehicles that had gathered for the offensive.  It was with some effort that Echo resisted the effort to peek under the hoods under the vehicles in the lot to see what sort of shape they were in.

It was all rather exciting.  To just wander in and sign in with the rest for the offensive.

Commander Snow was going about her briefing and Echo could resist putting her hand up to ask a question.

"What will the command structure be for tomorrow's operations?", she asks, sounding a touch too cheerful for many in the room.
Kitten
 GM, 573 posts
Mon 7 Oct 2013
at 01:12
Re: Post Mission Two Roleplaying.

Tamara resisted the urge to Scowl, taking a deep breath and letting it out before continuing.

"The local militia will be under the command of Lt. Mendoza.  The Mercenaries commander has come down with food poisoning.  Her executive officer, Lt. Tarkin will be in command.  Intel from the field will be conveyed to Mechwarrior Lina.  Consider yourself, and Mechwarrior Lina under the Lt. Tarkin's care.

Each pilot will be assigned a Light APC to safeguard until they can unload their infantry to assault 'La Trinite'.  Once all the infantry has been released for operations, you will need to focus on repelling any efforts to counterattack.
"