Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...   Posted by Kitten.Group: 0
Regina Arlington
 player, 88 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Callsign - 'Reggie'
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 05:25
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Regina thinks about it for about half a second.

"Right.

 That sounds like me.

 Light of Blake Bless you, I think i'm withdrawing to Miller's Creek, i'm way over 50% armor damage.

 I'll pick up Lucius and escort what's left of the APCs to Miller's Creek then.
"
Harry Ritter
 NPC, 80 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Callsign - 'Jayne'
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 05:26
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
"I'll run EW for the retreating units.", Harry comments.

It made sense to send at least one mech that could fight, and Harry could double as a shield for the injured units that were withdrawing it made a certain amount of sense.

"Carmine.  You coming too?"
Echo Snow
 Alt, 54 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Princess
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 05:29
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Echo reviews her mech.

"I... still have over 50% armor and ammo, but i have a breech in my left torso.

 Do we have anytime at all to effect repairs?
"
Kitten
 GM, 843 posts
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 05:32
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Players may make a Technician roll, they may scavenger armor off the field and repair 1 af for succeeding and each point above the tn for success.

repair rolls = mental base + 2 penalty.  {-1 bonus for each level of x-technician}

Anyone with a mech that's not damage is on sentry duty and wont be able to help with repairs.
David Crain
 player, 162 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 06:43
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Before he replies, David scans his readouts to confirm his status and all readings are exactly where they should be.  He toggles his comm unit to reply, "Avenger copies.  Looks like I'm running interference for the wounded while they run back to base."
Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 264 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
 Ld: 2, Mirage
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 09:54
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
it took a few minutes for henriette to realize that most of the warning lamps going off were heat based, rather than actual damage to her Mirage.

after taking a few minutes to compose herself, and let the battle haze lift, she punched the comms.

"Regina it seems you took most of the brunt of their attacks, I've only had my left Torso compartment shot up, but other than that i'll be good for a while longer.

I'll see if I can't strip some armor off off the fallen, to patch the hole"



Repairs, TN: 6+2 = 8+ roll 8
1 point of AF to LT.
not that 1 point does much good!


10:52, Today: Henriette Karlsdottir rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 3,5. TN 8+, Armor patching.
Echo Snow
 Alt, 55 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Princess
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 12:39
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Echo might not have been much of a shot, but now she was entering a task she was actually good at.  Parking her Locust beside one of the immobile APCs she goes about the task of efficiently stripping armor off the vehicle to use on her Locust.

She cuts off great big patches of metal and spot welds it to cover the gaping hole in the left torso.  Quick spot welds strategically secure the armor in place for minimal time consumed.

She's tempted to spend all her time there but to her practiced eye the left arm was looking sorta weak too.  It was going to need a little more reinforcement.  When she was done, the two most vulnerable points on the mech would be able to take a bit of damage with out instantly caving to crippling damage.  When the call to mount up to deal with the dropships making planetfall went out she was as ready as she was going to manage on such short notice.

07:33, Today: Echo Snow rolled 10 using 2d6 with rolls of 4,6. repair roll tn 7+. (+4 af)
Kitten
 GM, 845 posts
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 12:41
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Players that are no engaged in repairs, may make a 'scouting' roll to stay alert to trouble.

Target base skill is Mental, with a +2 penalty applied.

A Bonus would be allowed for a Beagle Probe, which the unit does not possess.


Lucius, can actual board his mech and pilot it off the board, it was not a mandatory disengagement.

The rifleman is not an option to remove, the mechs security lockout will take more than a little time to break

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:45, Fri 08 Nov 2013.

Roger Simms
 player, 36 posts
 Call sign: Viking
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 13:05
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
 Seeing the enemy mechs bailing to avoid any more damage he breaths a sigh of relief that none of his force was in danger or killed, still the reports of two drop ships with reinforcements did not make him smile.

 "Viking here, Will begin a southern sweep" Moving out he heads off to the south to make sure there were no surprise's coming from that direction.

07:01, Today: Roger Simms rolled 9+2=11 using 2d6 with rolls of 3,6. Scouting area
Lucius McMurphy
 player, 270 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign - 'Burner'
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 13:55
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Once Lucius had noticed that they were fleeing the field made his way from the trees he was hiding in back to his Javelin.  He shook his head to clear up the triple images he was getting from time to time and sighed over all the damage she had taken...at his own hand.  Climbing back in to her, and without the press of battle taking a toll on his abilities, he eases her back up into an upright position.

Flicking his comms on to the friendlies he added, "Lucius here, no need to pick me up Regina I can do the walk of shame back home...but if we can't take that Rifleman I say we deny her to those bastards.  Blow her head off, rip off her arms and legs and frag the weapons systems."

There was a slight pause before he added, "Or if someone is good with explosives rig that autocannon ammo to blow and we can give them the finger when they are this close to recovering her just like the hatchetman did"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:12, Fri 08 Nov 2013.

Kitten
 GM, 845 posts
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 14:14
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Non lethal damage fades between the battles.

Mechwarriors that took damage can make a Medical check on themselves to provide first aid to suspend the lethal damage they took till proper aid can be found.

tn number  = Base Mental roll + 2 penalty + Mechwarrior damage penalty.

This message was last updated by the GM at 14:14, Fri 08 Nov 2013.

Lina Todd
 Alt, 59 posts
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 14:45
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Lina moved her X3 and for the first time wished that she had an active probe and put the thought of pairing both a probe and electronic warfare suite as options instead of the paired lasers for the future.  Lucius had an interesting point in regards to the Rifleman but she wasn't running the show, just helping out.  If they wanted to remove the mech that was up to them.  In the meantime she moved into the edge of the city and paced back and forth so she could see down the various streets in the hopes of identifying enemy units early enough to give warning to those that were staying behind to slow down their advance.



---
09:44, Today: Lina Todd rolled 4 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,2. Scouting. So horrible of a failure. *shakes head*
Lucius McMurphy
 player, 271 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign - 'Burner'
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 14:49
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Pulling out a flask of vodka he kept around for medicinal purposes he also grabbed the gauze and tape as he waited for them to make a decision on the Rifleman.  Pouring it onto his cuts to clean them he swore up a veritable storm that even individuals not far from his mech would likely be able to hear as he hadn't shut his hatch yet.  Adding a coagulant from the medkit he placed on the gauze and tape to hold it in place.  The medics were going to have a good laugh when they finally got to him...but at least the wounds would be cleaned from the alcohol...



---
09:45, Today: Lucius McMurphy rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 6,2. Tend to his boo-boo.
Nope.

Pax Tarkin
 player, 207 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 17:07
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Having made it through the battle Road Runner was fine.  Nothing a lot of target practice couldn't cure.

On hearing that more mechs might be inbound before they could finish taking the dropship Pax had to wonder if they would ever get a break.

He passed on the orders for those that needed to scavenge some repairs and that the seriously damaged mechs would evacuate while those in good shape would provide security, and try to intercept the probable counterattack.

09:03, Today: Pax Tarkin rolled 6 using 2d6 with rolls of 4,2. Scouting Mental 7 +2 = TN9

He used the light mech code, "Speed is life folks ... keep up the pace."
Big Jake
 Alt, 14 posts
 Roll G5/P5/M8 (Init 4)
 +2 Ballistic = 3 base
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 17:19
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Jake parks his gun in the middle of the open area close to the ship so he can support any direction that an attack can come from.  He was too slow to keep up with any delaying tactic a so he will help guard the retreating units.
David Crain
 player, 163 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 19:36
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
David almost manages to keep pace with Pax's Mongoose.  When scouting it was helpful to operate on a buddy system, someone to help you out if you ran into trouble.  He scouted the perimeter with sensor set to max range, looking for any contacts on the radar.  "A shame", he thought, "that Rifleman would have been useful against those fighters."
Kitten
 GM, 849 posts
Fri 8 Nov 2013
at 20:08
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Several units were considered too badly damaged, or the pilots were too badly injured to be considered viable participants to whatever was happening next.

Regina withdraws, her mech too badly damaged to really participate for much longer was in serious need of repair.

Carmine, had given a good showing but her injuries were bad enough that it was presumed best for her to withdraw with Regina.

Most of the surviving APCs decide that the upcoming battle was really more than they signed on for.  The infantry would withdraw on the dropship or would be beyond help, so their job was done and was clearing out at this time.

Harry would be departing with them, to provide defensive support in case trouble came, and to make certain there was at least one combat ready unit among those with drawing.




Other pilots settle down and go about the business of patching their mechs as best they can before the next engagement.  Will also accept a roll from david if he has one when i come back.

Echo, shows that she's rather handy with a welder and manages to patch the worst of the damage on locust to her satisfaction.  (+4 af)

Henriette makes an effort to patch the exposed armor but lacks Echo's obvious training and barely makes a dent in the repairs she wanted to make before she's told to saddle up.  (+1 af)

Lucius makes an efor to attend his injuries.  The hard drink does ease the pain but also reduces his reflexes and make him woozy.  He starts to mount up his javelin and gets it slowly to an upright position.  The question now, was he staying or withdrawing was now presented.  (Stay or go?)




Elsewhere, those not damaged by the skirmish make an effort to scout the lay of the land.  In the distance they can see the Banzai Union boosting off with the damaged whitworth and hatchetman aboard, and who knows what else.  It was gone, and there wasnt anything to be done about it.

Lina makes an effort to scout the area, but the maze of hangers is a source of concern to her.  The cavernous bays could hold anything and she procedes with more caution than is called for at this point.  She lags behind and finds nothing more than empty hangers.  (tn 8+ / rolled a 4)

Pax by comparison rips up and down the lanes between the hangers as fast as his feet can take him, pausing at the end of each row of building to see if trouble was around.  He breezes through the area so fast, that it's easy to overlook anything that might have been important inhishaste.  (rolled a 6)

David follows along behind Pax, content to follow and provide muscle for anything that might be found.  (tn 9+ / no roll)

Roger moves off to look over the area for trouble.  He was a fighter not a scout, so he had no clue what to really look for.  He walks his mech through the starport but comes up empty.  (tn 10+ / rolled a 9)

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:16, Fri 08 Nov 2013.

Zoe Hargrieve
 player, 22 posts
 R0: First Ranker
 Callsign: Dirtnap
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 07:24
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Zoe had watched the IFF signals of the two enemy 'mechs rushing off the battlefield with a grimace.  She'd been making her approach from the south, pushing the engines as hard as they'd go over the slowly rolling terrain to catch up with the main detachment with more than an hour now, but with the enemy on the run it looked like she'd missed the party.  It had been an easy matter to link up with Carmine and establish her credentials in the Detroit Garrison, and soon enough her 35 tonner was parked by the Dropship's loading dock, one arm-mounted flamethrower covering the loading ramp in case anyone in the wrong uniform thought to escape the boarding action.

"Two Unions?" Dirtnap whistled respectfully as she considered the amount of firepower being added to the enemy's reserves, "These Banzai boys aren't playin' around, are they?" she let her gaze trace the arch of the eastern hill as she looked through the broad T-shaped canopy of the Firestarter, glad she'd elected to reinforce the 'mech when she'd had it in to have the thing refurbished.  It was only another ton of armored plate, but if she was going to have to break through an enemy line to get clear after La Trinite she needed to be able to survive the approach.

Her eye kept flicking back to the radar as she stood guard, feeling the momentum as she twisted the waist to check her blind spots.  The detachment's Commander--no, wait, Lieutenant,  they were using Inner Sphere ranks while coordinating with the mercs -- had been injured in battle.  It looked like about a third of their 'mechs were withdrawing, leaving them with a little over half a Company to hold out against two.  That left them without a commissioned officer, unless she was mistaken.

"Heh ... looks like my luck's holding steady."
she mused, shaking her head.  4:1 odds against unknown tonnage, she hoped the scouts were doing their job out there.  It felt like she was wearing a big bullseye as things currently stood.  Well, she supposed, it could be worse ... she could be one of the ones out there desperately trying to slap a few more plates on their machine before everything went to hell.
Kitten
 GM, 854 posts
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 13:44
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.

"Lina droships are in bound.  It looks like they're dropping recon lances ahead of their deployment to make certain the area is secure before the dropships land.  You're going to have to deploy your available forces into two groups."

Two waypoints light up on Lina's map marked 'A' and 'B'.

"Recon lances have landed here, and will need to be dealt with.  If we can stall them, we may be able to delay the landings of the unions long enough to get La Trinite into orbit.  I'm showing Blue Rose, Jayne, Reggie and Burner withdrawing from the engagement.  That leaves yourself, Traxx, Avenger, Shield Maiden, Snow, Berserker, Roger and your reinforcements Dirtnap.  Jake will stay behind to safeguard the Dropships.  Make your teams and deploy
Kitten
 GM, 858 posts
Sat 9 Nov 2013
at 20:06
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
Regina, Lucius, Carmine, and Harry may make Scout checks for their return trip.

Base Mental Target number + 2 penalty = Scouting tn

Carmine is at an additional +2 penalty for injuries.

Lucius is at an additional +1 penalty for injuries.
Olaf Oleeson
 player, 44 posts
 Freelance mechwarrior
 Callsign Berserker
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 00:30
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
“Berserker in for the long haul,” he replied over the command frequency.
“Moving to a position of over-watch to support salvage and repair operations” Settling the mech into a lumbering walk seeking high ground to the east, he found an excellent vantage point to watch the hostile dropship lift off and to scan the sky for the expected incoming enemy reinforcements.  Against the stifling heat of the cockpit, Olaf cracked the maintenance seals behind his command couch.  Relishing the relative chill of the late afternoon air, he set his Garret D2j targeting array to wide scan watching the myriad of colors flash across his sensor panel as the machine flicked between magscan, infrared and electro-optical modes seeking any distant enemy targets.


Not sure if Olaf observation post and long range over-watch counts as scouting, but making a roll nonetheless:

Base TN 5+ 2(scout penalty)  = 7
17:27, Sat 09 Nov 2013: Olaf Oleeson rolled 8 using 2d6 ((6,2)) PASS
 

Zoe Hargrieve
 player, 24 posts
 R0: First Ranker
 Callsign: Dirtnap
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 18:29
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
"You heard the lady, Big Guy, I'm tagging in."  Zoe transmitted with a cheerful tone.  She opened and closed her right hand and shook it out as if trying to fight a case of pre-engagement jitters, but her left hand still gripped the stick and held the over-under medium laser and flame thrower barrels trained on the Union's loading ramp.  As the autocannon equipped 'mech heavily trod near her, she lightly began working the pedals, moving away from the door to give him room to maneuver.

"I'll give 'em one for you."
as she passed near Jake, she took a moment to look at him through the armored canopy of the mech's head, flashing him a quick salute as she goaded her machine into a trot and then a run, looking to catch up with the rest of the group as they worked to split into two lances.

"Anyone here run up against Team Banzai before?  Sounds like a bunch of Dracs, but they'd be a long way from home ..."

OOC:  Well, now that I'm no longer babysitting the Dropship, I suppose I should add a Scouting roll of my own to the mix.
13:26, Today: Zoe Hargrieve rolled 11 using 2d6 with rolls of 5,6. Scouting Roll, TN 8+.
(Pass)
Olaf Oleeson
 player, 46 posts
 Freelance mechwarrior
 Callsign Berserker
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 20:31
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
“Never tangled with these guys before today, Dirtnap." he replied.  "Spent some time with the Kuritists and I've never heard of these guys.  All signs seem to point to them being FedRat mercs, but that doesn't sit right with me, if I'm being honest."

With the targeting system busily monitoring the distant horizon, Olaf watched as his commander withdrew from the battlefield.  Reaching back to recall something of the tactical command lessons from his DCMS OCS selection he keyed open the command freq again:  "Berserker to Traxx, looks like you’re the man in charge now with Blue out of the picture.” he paused for a moment, but not long enough to allow the only remaining officer on the battlefield to reply.  “I suggest we break into three groups.  Ace group forms a wolfpack led by Traxx and composed of  Avenger, Shield Maiden and DirtnapDeuce group, Viking and I, provide long range fire support with our LRMs.  Lastly, Wildcard group is Snow and Iron Maiden.  Their job is to harass from a distance whenever possible but primarily they move out on the flanks and use their speed to close in for rear shots or to finish the kill once opportunity knocks.”
Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 267 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
 Ld: 2, Mirage
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 20:34
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
"I'll have to admit i've never encountered them before either.
What does the rumor mill say about them?, anything at all?"


She spoke on the head-set radio while bolting a plate loosely to her left torso.
It was shoddy, in fact scotty would hang her for having done it, but hopefully it'd keep her mech from getting blown into orbit.
Roger Simms
 player, 38 posts
 Call sign: Viking
Sun 10 Nov 2013
at 20:41
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying.
 Wondering if mission silence was being broken before breaking out in a smile in the now cool interior of the cockpit of his family's old mech, chuckling softly to himself And it is still running. Switching to the open frequency he offers the scuttle but that most had heard. "Not much, just a whole lot of trouble and bull headed as most dracs."