Light *shudder* Roleplaying thread...   Posted by Kitten.Group: 0
Kitten
 GM, 939 posts
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 19:06
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
"You might have noticed me and my boys just made planetfall.

 If you're here to talk, i should tell you the rest of my company is making planetfall in a minute or two.

 If you wanna fight.  We'll i'm willing to oblige you there too.  We dont take kindly to the kinda mud you guys are slinging.  I'm not so gracious as to share a good old fashion butt whumping with the rest of my company.  If you want to tango.  Let's tango.
"

The Phoenix Hark makes an 'advance' motion with her left arm, and a Locust moves up on her left flank, while a Commando moves in on her right flank.  A Blackjack walks out of the hanger.

They look prepared to take it to combat at this point in time.  We go to combat mission 4, if you're obliging to fight it out.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:23, Mon 18 Nov 2013.

Lina Todd
 Alt, 109 posts
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 19:16
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Lina wanted to butt in on the comms but held her tongue to let Pax do the talking while she focused on keeping up with the comms.  It was a loosing battle since she wasn't in a model of X3 that was designed to do that sort of thing and her conflicted desires meant she wasn't paying attention when the frequency shifted.  She tried to get it back but for the moment it seemed that she had lost the signal that would have helped them determine how much time they actually had...



---
14:11, Today: Lina Todd rolled 5 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,3. Hack the OpFor's Network...with my Hatchet...again. Not so much this time.
Pax Tarkin
 player, 222 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 23:27
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Pax continues speaking in a clear, none rushing voice, "In that case you now have notice, there are units on your side that have committed war crimes here on the planet before your arrival.  I would strongly suggest you double check your intelligence for accuracy prior to any missions regarding troop positions.

We've had to bury their handy work and I personally am tired of burying children.

I'm informing you cause I would hate for any new units to be suckered into murdering civilians."


Lance COM
"Time to link back up with the Maidens,  Avenger."

Continuing the circle him and Avenger were making.
Kitten
 GM, 942 posts
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 23:43
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
"Where I come from, thems fightin words.

 I suggest you get out of Dodge.

 I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to Va-moos.

 One.... Two.... Three...
"
Pax Tarkin
 player, 224 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 00:09
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Lance COM
Prepare for engagement.  Maidens as the slower mechs you'll withdraw and Avenger and I will cover you.

Open COM
With an evil smile,  Well since you consider a friendly warning of facts as fightin' words.  Where your from ... are you sure ... ARE YOU SURE ... you can count that high?

Kitten
 GM, 944 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 00:35
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
"four... nine... ten.  Lets go boys.",
Kitten
 GM, 945 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 00:36
Post Mission Three Roleplaying (East)
The east side of the space port was not going to sit idly about while the West side started up a brawl.

They saw no reason to sit it out and came out shooting a few seconds after hostilities broke out on the West end of the space port.
David Crain
 player, 171 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 02:28
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Avenger follows behind Pax, keeping up as best he can.  He smiles to himself at the exchange between Pax and the bandits and is therefore unsurprised when they start shooting.  When the shooting does start, he makes best possible speed back to the Maidens to cover their retreat.

Lance comm:
"Right behind you, Road Runner.  Let's send these guys off-planet."

OOC: I haven't looked to confirm, but I'm pretty sure we were all told to record whatever we could as evidence of Team Banzai's war crimes.

OOC2: What's on this quiet, out-of-the-way planet that someone wants badly enough they're willing to commit two companies of mechs here???

Kitten
 GM, 950 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 02:32
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
David Crain:
OOC: I haven't looked to confirm, but I'm pretty sure we were all told to record whatever we could as evidence of Team Banzai's war crimes.

OOC2: What's on this quiet, out-of-the-way planet that someone wants badly enough they're willing to commit two companies of mechs here???


1)  Some have... some havent... none of it is handy.

2)  More than two companies it would seem.  There were mechs on planet, and two more unions are dropping in it seems.
Roger Simms
 player, 47 posts
 Call sign: Viking
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 02:58
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
 As his heads up sounded the chime of detected mechs and solid tone he locked onto the one at close range and brought his power lvl up to combat trim.

 "Looks like they want to join the brawl and go against their orders to hold. Lets rock and roll, squad leader."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Tue 19 Nov 2013.

Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 276 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
 Ld: 2, Mirage
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 03:41
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Henriette shrugged in ehr mech, then 'accidentally' forgot to switch channels.
"What do you know, they are exactly as bloodthirsty as their allies"

She throttled up the energy levels, and increased to full on run, to build distance, following Traxx's orders.
then on the squad channel.
"Roger that boss, make sure to get home in one piece, will you?"
David Crain
 player, 172 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 03:49
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
As Avenger raced back to his lance-mates he toggles the channel to his lance comm,  "Something to ponder later, but what has someone found here that they're willing to send this much hardware all this distance to claim?"

Kitten:
David Crain:
OOC: I haven't looked to confirm, but I'm pretty sure we were all told to record whatever we could as evidence of Team Banzai's war crimes.

OOC2: What's on this quiet, out-of-the-way planet that someone wants badly enough they're willing to commit two companies of mechs here???


1)  Some have... some havent... none of it is handy.

2)  More than two companies it would seem.  There were mechs on planet, and two more unions are dropping in it seems.

1) That's what I thought, Kitten.  I was more curious about the 'have' part than the 'handy' part for the moment, if only to back up Henriette's claim.

2) Seems someone has found something really exciting and they're determined to get it.
Kitten
 GM, 954 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 04:47
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Everyone gets to make a base mental check, modified by either a weapon spec, tactics or leadership, at this point to see how well they do in the skirmish.

(We arent playing this out, i refuse to waste time setting up a mission that you cant possibly win.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:49, Tue 19 Nov 2013.

Henriette Karlsdottir
 player, 277 posts
 callsign: Shield maiden
 Ld: 2, Mirage
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 04:59
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
ooc: can edge be applied here, if we didn't use it for any of the socuting checks?

Mental+tactics roll: 6+, tactics 1 = 5+
Roll: 4 Fail
Reroll if permitted: 8, Success


05:56, Today: Henriette Karlsdottir rolled 4 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,2. 5+ mental 2+tactics 1.
05:56, Today: Henriette Karlsdottir rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 4,4. 5+ check, edge reroll if permitted.
David Crain
 player, 173 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Avenger
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 05:47
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Mental + energy spec. = 6 - 1 = 5+

22:47, Today: David Crain rolled 6 using 2d6 with rolls of 3,3. Mental check, TN 5+.
Zoe Hargrieve
 player, 32 posts
 R0: First Ranker
 Callsign: Dirtnap
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 06:35
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (East)
It looked like Team Banzai blinked first, causing Dirtnap to grin wolfishly as she saw the Battlemechs leave their fortifications to get those crucial last few meters into weapon's range.

"Alright Princess, let's see if we can draw 'em out just a little further, then pick a target and I'll help you hammer 'im down while hunting for his flanks." she primed the lasers on her 'Mech as she maneuvered for position, "This is Team Banzai's first engagement against the Detroit Militia.  Lets be sure to give 'em a proper greeting!"
01:32, Today: Zoe Hargrieve rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,6. Mental Check +Tactics, TN 5+. (Pass)

This message was last updated by the player at 21:02, Wed 20 Nov 2013.

Roger Simms
 player, 49 posts
 Call sign: Viking
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 13:09
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
 Shifting slightly he volleyed missiles at the incoming enemy, very glad to not have to dig them out of their protective enclosures.

07:06, Today: Roger Simms rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 4,4. Mental chk+missle-1= TN 5+(pass)

This message was last edited by the player at 13:10, Tue 19 Nov 2013.

Echo Snow
 Alt, 92 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Princess
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 13:28
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
"Oh...oh..oh.. they're shooting at me!", Princess complains vocaly when they start shooting at them at more than double the effective range of her weapons.

"That's hardly sporting!", Echo's locust starts to tack about in an unpredictable zig zag fashion, her feet stomped down hard on the pedals, easing up only enough to cut this way or that at high speeds.

"Someone make them stop!"

08:25, Today: Echo Snow rolled 5 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,3. Mental check + 1 tactics = tn 6+.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:28, Tue 19 Nov 2013.

Lina Todd
 Alt, 112 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 14:24
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Lina shook her head at Pax.  They were there to buy time for the infantry to take the dropship and boost with it.  Forcing the mechs to engage them when they didn't need to only cut the chances of their ability to do that.  Pulling out every stop she had she began to run electronic counter-measures since her weapons would always be woefully out of range.

The X3a might not have been designed for such things but since she had found their lance comms at least once before she figured some impromptu hacking and high decible signals would have their ears ringing and senses thrown off to help give them the time they needed as she danced her X3a in ways that it almost waasn't designed for.



---
09:17, Today: Lina Todd rolled 12 using 2d6 with rolls of 6,6. Mental. TN6+ Flawless Victory, take that real Team Banzi :P
Pax Tarkin
 player, 225 posts
 R1 Traxx G3/P4/M1 +2 Init
 Mongoose "Road Runner"
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 16:45
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Pax was impressed, he didn't expect them to go nuts that easily.  They were fast enough that if the dropship would lift off the enemy lance couldn't keep up with his lance and they could take out the fast mechs that tried to follow them.

But they needed to survive long enough for the ship to take off.


M1 +1tactics

08:41, Today: Pax Tarkin rolled 5 using 2d6 with rolls of 1,4. M1 + 1 tactics  if I roll high I'll figure it out
M1 is 7 -1 = TN 6  Fail
With edge I can PASS

This message was last edited by the player at 16:48, Tue 19 Nov 2013.

Kitten
 GM, 1357 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2013
at 16:34
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
The fighting at the Spaceport was fast and furious.

It was an ugly exchange, and the units they were facing off with seemed much better organized and trained.

Several units fall quickly into trouble early under the surprisingly aggressive and effective organization before them.  Only a brief respite by Lina manages to buy them a brief respite when she hacks into their comm line to wreck a little havok in their coordination.

It doesnt last though, as she finds out that the Op Force seemed technically savy when heavy metal rock music starts to play through the merc comm lines, disrupting their organization it quickly becomes obvious that it was time to leave.  La Trinite was boost off at this point and there was no point to linger about.

That was when the balance of Team Banzai dropped from the sky.  Fresh medium and heavy mechs appear in and around the merc formation and things are about to really get messy.

It's at this time that Lina gets an urgent message from Tamara urging her to surrender to the superior forces at the Spaceport.

With much reluctance, the order is given, and most of the mercs surrender at Lina's orders.  A few decide to make a run for it, and manage to slip away as the attention is focused on the main body of mercs surrendering.




When the dust clears, it becomes apparent that the two companies arriving at the spaceport are there to investigate reports that have filtered out to Avalon, of Team Banzai units operating in conducts that border on criminal.

The two fresh company of mechs establish a DMZ around the spaceport, until they complete their investigations.

Information and evidence are presented, and reviewed.  Team Banzai refutes the evidence, indicating that the units are frauds, and that all their units are accounted for on Avalon, or operations on the Combine front and welcome an investigation with the mercenary review board to clear their name.  It takes a few weeks to clear their story but it does become clear that Team Banzai are not the 'bad guys' here.

During this time, the Op Force on the planet have taken the lull to pack up and clear off the planet conceding control of the planet at this time.

Lina has a discussion with Tamara, who reveals to her that Pandora Intel places the blame of the incursion on Detriot on the Taurian Concordat.  A request has been made to take up an operational raid against them, to collect reparations for the damage they've cause on Detroit.  No direct connection must exist that Omni is involved in the operations, so mercenary units are being gathered and will be dropping on Burton.  A planet that is part of the Concordat and home to O-P Computer Electronics, a company that specializes in electronics.  Low Bulk/High value electronics make for an attractive resource to raid.  All profits from this operation will be donated to repair the damage done on Detroit.

Mission Three Roleplaying rewards
4xp Lina
2xp Regina
3xp Echo
3xp David
3xp Roger
2xp Lucius
4xp Pax
3xp Zoe
3xp Olaf
3xp Henriette ~> Anastatia

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:41, Thu 12 Dec 2013.

Kitten
 GM, 1358 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2013
at 16:42
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
The morning activity had been productive.

The mercenaries had dropped from space.  Pandora Intel had provided suspected high priority targets on the ground.  The Ironswords, Lancers, and Valkyries were slated with taking out the planetary C3 while the rest of the mercs made themselves visible and tied up patrols and reactionary assets.

The Spaceport was hit by the Lancers.  Not afraid to get dirty, the lancers were in and out in under a minute leaving the Control tower and refueling facilities a smoking mess.  Several heavy AMCs made and effort to stall them that had little effect.  The Heavy Tank Garrison was quick to respond, but not fast enough to stop the Lancers from completing their mission and departing before their heavy guns could be bought into play for the battle.  The Lancers actions have left traffic at the spaceport hopelessly snarled, and most of the dropships grounded, till fuel can be trucked in to be used, or repairs can be made on the refueling stations.

The Central broadcasting station was hit by the Valkyries.  The local garrison was caught aware early and quickly dealth with brutal laser fire.  Early on the nimble hover tanks were caught flat footed and destroyed, and the battle went quickly down hill from there.  A fast response lance of Hover Tanks sought to engage the Valkyries who fled through the heavily forested terrain to lose the pursuing tanks.

O-P Electronics HQ, is reported to be the center for the Global planetary defense, and the Iron Swords were handed the difficult assignment to take it out.  Reports of a brutal firefight with the local garrison have filtered back and the outcome of the encounter is still in doubt.

The remaining lancers were not left idle.  While less glamourous, their duties were every bit as important.  As the lay of the lands was taken in, and delaying tactics were made to confuse and stall planetary responses to the real targets.

"Beta" manages to fly several short sorties to scout out vast tracts of land and eventually settles on an out of the ways area appropriate for the merc units to gather. Local air assets force him to ground but not before he achieves his assignment.  Walking out the heavily wooded area, he discovers that it is perfect for the mercs to use as a temporary haven.  Cover from the air, with easily observed approach and multi routes of escape should they be needed.

Raith scouts out the locals bases, looking for a likely target to hit.  They were going to need a place to resupply and make repairs really soon, and he believes he has found it.  The Locals refer to it as 'Fort Apache', mostly because it seems to be out in the boonies, and the only military asset in the area for miles around.  He leaves the base alone, none the wiser that they have been scouted and moves on to review other targets that might be of interest to the mercs.

Elsewhere around the planet the freelancer members of the unit pull their weight and do their best to snarl up logisitcs and stall the local planetary efforts to corner and engage the mercs with superior numbers and forces.

As the day wears on, the mercs gather around a heavily wooded map grid that has been codenamed 'Haven' for operational purposes.

Along with the Lancers and Valkyries, many Freelancers check in to reacquaint with friendly faces, trade news, effect repairs and catchup on much needed rest as discussions are made on the progress of the day and implementation of the next phase of operations.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:10, Thu 12 Dec 2013.

Regina Arlington
 player, 161 posts
 R0 - Mechwarrior
 Callsign - 'Reggie'
Thu 12 Dec 2013
at 23:44
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
The attack on the spaceport had gone well.  The lancers had gone in done what needed to be done, and departed quickly.  A good thing since the Heavy Tanks response time was much quicker than expected.

They were now park in a rather peaceful forest, a place where the war machines that dotted the terrain here and there had been carefully netted to provide some cover from aerial recon.  It hardly seemed to matter the leaves and branches were thick providing excellent shade and cover.

"The Foot actuator... connect to the ankle actuator...
 The Ankle actuator... connect to the shin strut...
 The shin struts connected to the the knee actuator...
", she sings cheerfully to herself as she goes about the battlefield repairs.

She had taken signficant damage during the run of the mission, but so had Avenger.  She was going to be busy for a bit with repairs.  She didnt mind, she felt closer to Blake when she was working on her Valkyrie which made her happy.

The spark of the welding torch clicks noisily to life before a thin heated flame of super heated plasma welds the bits of armor against the gaping holes and missing bits of melted armor that were in and around the legs of her mech.

"... so eth... say eth... the Blake..."
Lina Todd
 Alt, 194 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign: Iron Maiden
Fri 13 Dec 2013
at 16:42
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Taking advantage of the efficient supply drops Lina spot welded the damage on her X3's leg and the pockmark on her torso made from the exploding SRM missiles.  Lina had taken minimal damage for all practical purposes at least compared to Echo.  For whatever reason for her it was like throwing chum into the water when sharks were circling.

Shaking her head at the thought and smiling mischeviously she realized that Echo needed a new callsign and 'Chum' was high on her list.  With her so busy welding almost two tons of armour on her own X3, Lina stealed away once she was done and used her welding gun to arc-weld 'Chum' on her X3's rear.  There was nothing but good fun in simply maring the surface of the armour without doing any real damage.  With a little giggle she returned to her X3 to run the startup procedures and make sure she was ready for whatever happened next...
Lucius McMurphy
 player, 513 posts
 R0 - Private
 Callsign - 'Burner'
Mon 16 Dec 2013
at 14:34
Re: Post Mission Three Roleplaying (West)
Welding on just over a half-ton of armour to the gaping hole that the autocannon round had caused left Luc tired and sore...he could swear that the plugsuit that he had worn back on Detroit was still zapping him from time to time.  His errant commentary about Echo's cute arse and shooting it had earned him so many shots hitting him that he was not only covered in paint from head to toe but there was no part of him that escaped from the electrical shocks that the suit had given him.

Still it was a cute arse.