Sumberton.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Desra Jalarond
 player, 15 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 10:38
Re: Sumberton
  "Let us be off, then."
 The enthusiasm of her companions in killing goblins was unsettling, but then she had never faced these creatures... perhaps they deserved such uncompromising hatred.

 Desra had barely touched her meal, so she turned the whole thing into a sandwich and followed the others after settling the bill.

  "Hey, wait for me !" she says and runs after them, the inconvenient sandwich of stew dripping all over her scale armour.
Mina Black
 player, 25 posts
 Human
 Wizard
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 14:28
Re: Sumberton
Mina followed after Desra, a remotely amused expression on her face. She didn't know what the hurry was, they'd need to get supplies before departing. "That, Desra, is why I was eating while the gentlemen did the talking. We'll need to get travel rations before heading out."
Haajrayn
 player, 13 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 15:45
Re: Sumberton
Haaj stopped outside the Wink and turns to the others:
"Where does the map say the closest shop is to get the goods? Anything towards the southern gate?"
He eats some of his bread before continuing:
"I have the rations I will need, if more is needed I can hunt and gather as well while we're on the move. It's what I do normally anyway."
Desra Jalarond
 player, 16 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 15:54
Re: Sumberton
 Desra is still busy with her sandwich. She turns to Mina and says :
  "Here, reach in my purse and check the map. I heard someone inside talking about a Marine Supply store, just next door apparently. They would surely have rations."

  "Hunting is good," she comments at the elf's words,  "but not always a reliable source... Not that I doubt your capabilities !" she promptly adds with a smile.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:55, Thu 08 Aug 2013.

Mina Black
 player, 27 posts
 Human
 Wizard
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 16:18
Re: Sumberton
"Slightly south, but mostly east." Mina pulled out the map, immediately pointing out a building roughly a block east of their current location. One thing she had made a point of knowing was where she'd be able to get supplies if need be. "Hinterland Outfitting would have a comprehensive selection. More so than the Famenestri Marine Supply Store, with the possible exception of rope quality. So, unless we're in dire need of fine rope..."
Game Master
 GM, 40 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 16:21
Re: Sumberton
OOC: Mina covered it

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:21, Thu 08 Aug 2013.

Game Master
 GM, 41 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 16:59
Re: Sumberton
OOC:  You can PM me, or insert a private line, for whatever you want to buy.  Equipment and prices are straight from the PHB.  There are no magic items here, if you're interested in anything like that, let me know and then we'll figure out how you get there!

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:30, Thu 08 Aug 2013.

Game Master
 GM, 42 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 17:02
Re: Sumberton
As you walk to your destination you pass a tall building at the corner of the large intersection (#21).  The sign on the building shows a set of full plate and a trident.  The sign reads "Justice Street Arms and Armor."
Desra Jalarond
 player, 17 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 20:22
Re: Sumberton
 Desra stops in front of the shop with the full plate. She stares at the armor with obvious envy in her eyes.
  "One day. One day I'll have a suit of the finest armor, and a fantastic sword, and I'll spread the Justice of Heironeus over the land."

 She stops watching and resumes walking a faster pace to catch up with the others.
 Today my purse is a bit thin though...
Guelph
 player, 22 posts
Thu 8 Aug 2013
at 21:36
Re: Sumberton
Guelph moves quietly through the town, trying not to alarm local children with his unusual garb and facepaint. "This town is too large," he mutters disapprovingly as they close in on the Chicane guild.
Haajrayn
 player, 14 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 00:03
Re: Sumberton
Walking up to Guelph, Haaj swallows that last of the fowl he brought.
"I quite agree."
"I'm not much for towns myself, much rather be in the forests or hills or mountains for that matter."

He waits outside any shop the others need to visit.
Game Master
 GM, 43 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 01:30
Re: Sumberton
The group gathers any last minute necessities and returns to the Chicane guild.  As promised, in front of the guildhouse is a medium sized cart with two strong-looking mules hitched to it.  Vintra steps out as you arrive, accompanied by a young elven female.  "Oh good!  I'm glad to see you back so soon.  Your cart is right there, and should be able to carry all the crates that were stolen from us.  I've also hired one more to go with you.  I'd rather you all be more prepared than less!" she says, indicating the elf beside her.  She takes a glance towards the midday sky and says, "Well it looks like you've got enough daylight left to at least get on your way."

OOC: Assuming there's no further questions:

"Good luck, and we look forward to your safe return," she says, turning to head back inside the guild.
Scalesa
 player, 2 posts
 Half-High Elf
 Beguiler
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 03:23
Re: Sumberton
The elven woman - she could be a slender human...but a closer look reveals to anybody savvy that she is half-elven - nods at the group, and then at Vintra.  She is pale, little over five feet tall, and has a head of silver-blonde hair.  Her attire is a combination of robes and leather armour.

"Greetings," She says to the adventurers, clasping her hands and smiling in such a way that they might be reminded of, well, a seller of snake oil, or perhaps stolen horses.  "I am called Scalesa.  As our friend, Vintra, said, I am here to accompany you on your journey." Convinced that she has made a stellar first impression on her new intrepid friends, Scalesa lets her hands rest at her sides.
Mina Black
 player, 28 posts
 Human
 Wizard
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 04:18
Re: Sumberton
"Charmed." Mina found the attire curious; the combination was unfamiliar to her. With robes... The conjurer's eyes wandered to the half-elf's waist, trying to catch a glimpse of a spell component pouch. It'd be a pleasant surprise if she'd have a fellow arcanist to speak with during their journey. "Might I ask what capabilities you bring to bear for our group?"
Scalesa
 player, 4 posts
 Half-High Elf
 Beguiler
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 04:59
Re: Sumberton
"I fancy myself a bit of a troubleshooter." Yes, a troubleshooter.  "An old friend and I used to inspect traps for well-to-do families -- family tombs, jewelry boxes, the like..."

"I am also a Spellbinder," The half-elf seems almost surprised at her quick thinking.  "Though my repertoire is likely more limited than what might be expected.  My tutelage in spellcraft was for but a few Seasons, and under a couple: A priestess and inquisitor of Boccob, and her husband, a stage magician-turned-adventurer, turned stage magician again."
Guelph
 player, 23 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 05:48
Re: Sumberton
"I am Guelph, shaman of my people. We should go now," he says, obviously still learning manners and etiquette.
Haajrayn
 player, 15 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 08:23
Re: Sumberton
"Welcome to you scholar. I am Haajrayn of the northern forests"

Haaj turns his attention to Vintra:
"How far is it from here to the area of the ambush?"

Then he looks at the group, then to the mules and then back at the mules.
"Anyone used to driving a cart?"
Guelph
 player, 24 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 08:57
Re: Sumberton
"I work animals," Guelph replies and moves to try out his animal handling skills on a donkey and wagon.
Desra Jalarond
 player, 18 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 09:05
Re: Sumberton
 Desra offered her hand to greet the newcomer in their small party. You could tell a lot about a person by shaking their hand, more than what they cared to tell you anyhow -at least so she thought. She fancied herself a great judge of personality, but experience had so far not confirmed that as fact.
 "Welcome on board, Scalesa. If you are still in touch with your tutor, the inquisitor, I'd love to meet her. I am aiming for that path as well... unless Heironeus has an other plan for me."

 Desra unfolded the map given my Vintra and pointed at the red cross.
 "Here, that's about twelve, fifteen miles South. I am guessing the road is fairly maintained. We should reach the attack spot by nightfall if we walk a good pace."

 Looking around, Desra realised that eh was the only one relying on armour for protection. That also made her the only one slowed down by said armour.
  "Mina... she asked with a blush. "Would you mind helping me take off my scales and change into something more appropriate for travel ?"

 Since they had a cart, transporting the armour and the rest of the heavier gear would be no problem.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:05, Fri 09 Aug 2013.

Scalesa
 player, 6 posts
 Half-High Elf
 Beguiler
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 09:30
Re: Sumberton
Scalesa returns Desra's handshake with her palm connecting, and her index finger on Desra's vein.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
This is just a quick "Here's how she shakes hands!" for Desra.   :D!

Desra Jalarond
 player, 19 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 10:31
Re: Sumberton
 Desra's handshake was surprising and caught Desra's interest. Yet she seemed to find it more intriguing than unsettling, and it did bring a smile on her face.
Mina Black
 player, 30 posts
 Human
 Wizard
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 15:25
Re: Sumberton
Mina was intrigued by the someone with training so obscure as spellbinding, and she made a mental note to discuss arcana with Scalesa during their travels. At Desra's request, Mina gave an understanding nod as she straightened the hood of her cloak: She, too, was mindful of modesty. "I could, if you aren't worried about trouble getting the drop on us on the road."
Desra Jalarond
 player, 22 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 16:04
Re: Sumberton
  "Oh I'm sure there will be trouble..." she said while changing into her travelling robes. She had kept most of the padded overalls that she usually wore under her amour, and the sturdy leather belt and scabbard which held her sword.

  "On the other hand, I don't want to slow us down or succumb to fatigue by walking all day in that thing."

 Once out of her metal vestments, she pulled out the map and said :
  "So, how should we proceed ? I'd say we move south on the road and reach the point of the ambush. From there we can decide whether to head into the hills or to wait for the morrow. We can discuss details while on the road."


Guelph
 player, 26 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2013
at 23:39
Re: Sumberton
"Leave armor on, Desra. Ride here," Guelph says pointing to the cart.

Happy to stop and get out before ambush zone and walk the rest of the way
Haajrayn
 player, 16 posts
Sat 10 Aug 2013
at 11:00
Re: Sumberton
Haaj takes off his pack, places it on the cart and walks over to the mules and looks them over.


OOC: Handle Animal roll: 15 using 1d20+3