New Pavis.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 11209 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 10:43
New Pavis
11pm Godsday, Death Week, Dark Season

Sneaking to the temple

The street outside Becx's house is thankfully empty and there is indeed light spillage from the many windows and doors of the street , as they stand there a group or people cross the junction of Sword and Blue street, carrying torches and heading towards the Farmers Quarter. Waiting until they pass Hoskar and Kobal check the corners and cross nonchalantly over Sword Street, past the luckily closed door of Loud Lilina's and into the alley mouth that passes Geo's and eventually opens into Holy Street.

It's pretty dark in there and there's the sound of singing coming from it's depths. It'll be Geos and Hoskar knows that this is the domain of the Deadheads and those fanatically loyal to Sartar.

Those following wait to see if the alley is clear, staying in the shadows at the corner of Becx's house.

Kobal's maul cat stiffens "Big cats down there" he mentions to the Thunderbird brave.



From behind the door of Loud Lilina's opens and a man stumbles out

"Hoskar!" he calls drunkly on spotting the brave "We yoush goings?" It's Texo the merchant and he is plastered.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:45, Fri 09 Mar 2018.

Kobal
 player, 2093 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 10:43
New Pavis
GM:
Kobal's maul cat stiffens "Big cats down there" he mentions to the Thunderbird brave.

From behind the door of Loud Lilina's opens and a man stumbles out

"Hoskar!" he calls drunkly on spotting the brave "We yoush goings?" It's Texo the merchant and he is plastered.


Kobal ignores Texo and walks - slowly - further down.  Haaro, those big cats are just around Geo's?  If so, I figure they're just familiars for Orlanthi.  Or do they look a threat?
GM
 GM, 11210 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 10:44
New Pavis
Kobal:
Kobal ignores Texo and walks - slowly - further down.  Haaro, those big cats are just around Geo's?  If so, I figure they're just familiars for Orlanthi.  Or do they look a threat?

"Well not a threat to you, put they don't like me. Some are familiars." comes back the scared answer.

Texo goes up to Hoskar arms out and looking to embrace the brave.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:50, Fri 09 Mar 2018.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2853 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 11:00
New Pavis
In reply to GM (msg # 3):

Hoskar stays back, left hand on hip, the other holding his staff.

Sorry mate. None of your nevermind tonight. Private business. Legal and private. I'll tell you when you're sober. Turn round and walk off he states levelly. There is a slight smile on his face, but his voice is both low and firm.
Texo
 NPC, 1 post
 Tarshite
 Merchant
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 13:45
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
In reply to GM (msg # 3):

Hoskar stays back, left hand on hip, the other holding his staff.

Sorry mate. None of your nevermind tonight. Private business. Legal and private. I'll tell you when you're sober. Turn round and walk off he states levelly. There is a slight smile on his face, but his voice is both low and firm.

Texo, cross eyed, looks at Hoskar for a long moment, swaying back and forth, before answering "Do I know you?" then narrowly avoiding falling over he begins to make his way up the alley way, singing loudly, whilst careening from wall to wall.

Looking back Hoskar can see Ohanzee, Amara, Grundar and the Trolls waiting for a signal.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:12, Fri 09 Mar 2018.

GM
 GM, 11215 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 13:48
Re: New Pavis
The whole district is pretty loud, what with the various inns and Taverns, but also the murmur of folk speaking in their homes, some shouting, others laughing. Animals can be heard too, especially those in the farmers quarter, from which comes the occasional sounds of Bison, High Llamas, Zebras and Sables.

As for the smell, it's not as bad as Fire Season, but the alley way certainly smells unsavoury.
GM
 GM, 11216 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 14:06
Re: New Pavis
Melock, Temush and Henal are at the back, still lounging outside Becx's. The street is quite, though it sounds if people are coming from the other end, on Salt Street, where the High Walls of the Big Rubble loom over the houses below.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2854 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 14:23
Re: New Pavis
Texo:
...

Looking back Hoskar can see Ohanzee, Amara, Grundar and the Trolls waiting for a signal.

Hoskar yawns, stretches, and moves onward. Delayed by a drunk Texo there, cat. Moving on past Lilina's. He went up the alley we're using, so I'm keeping an eye on him.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:25, Fri 09 Mar 2018.

GM
 GM, 11217 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 14:41
Re: New Pavis
Leading the way Kobal and Hoskar are soon turning the corner of the alley leading to Geo's, from which streams light, singing and the shadows of many people.

There's a few folk lounging in the alley way, sat in doorways, leaning out of windows, chewing the fat and drinking.

No one at first pays them a bit of notice, though as they near Geos several forms separate from the shadows, revealing themselves to be members of the local streetgang.

"A bit lost are we?" says one, with another adding "Farmers Quarters back that way." The last is aimed at Kobal.

As they talk several feline forms drop down from above, the Alynxes approaching Haroo for a shuftie.

Meanwhile the group containing the trolls arrive at the alley mouth and begin advancing up it.


This message was last edited by the GM at 14:45, Fri 09 Mar 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3968 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 15:02
Re: New Pavis
At the front of the following group Ohanzee's eyes easily pierce the Darkness in the alley as he keeps alert for anyone stepping out of a doorway or rounding the corner.

Above the occasional low buzz of wings is easily drowned out as Snuff takes to the wing to drop from one building roof to the neighbour or fly up to the next. He too is alert to dangers up here, but would rather face them than the ever hungry mouths of the Dark Trolls below.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2855 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 16:49
Re: New Pavis
Still smiling faintly, Hoskar nods to the various Deadheads and yawns again.  I'll make sure this one doesn't "invade" anywhere he remarks humorously as he strolls on.

Streetgang hanging around but no fighting
GM
 GM, 11218 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 17:25
Re: New Pavis
"Gonna cost you to pass through" says one of the street tuffs, as he cracks his knuckles. "Coin that is."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2856 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 21:01
Re: New Pavis
In reply to GM (msg # 12):

Tell them to keep coming. No real threat, might need muscle

Shaking his head, Hoskar loses his smile. Oh bugger off he says wearily. I can call Govoran's men who I employ today out of Geo's there. Or kick your spines out your heads myself. Or wait thirty heartbeats for my friends. Or good word you on Grundar's next piece of fun.

Your move.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:14, Fri 09 Mar 2018.

GM
 GM, 11219 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 08:23
Re: New Pavis
The thugs didn't expect this response and Hoskar's threats are immediately backed up by the appearance of the two guards from earlier in the day

"Aye you lot can let them through. They are friends of Garhound and not to be hassled. You hear me?"

There's a round of nodding and the youths move out of the way, allowing Kobal and Hoskar to pass unmolested. Haaro suddenly finds himself free to move too, the Alynxes suddenly feigning disinterest.

Another yawn and stretch alerts those following that it's okay to pass and onwards they go. Eyes follow the Trolls but nothing is said as the Rangers have been marked as friends. Amara's gifted Torc helps matters too, as those seeing it glint in the light give the warrior looks of respect as she passes.

Up above Ohanzee's beetle buzzes along happily.

Hoskar and Kobal are soon crossing the much wider Holy street and waving the others across, between groups of late night revellers as they begin to head home or set off for all night lock ins.
GM
 GM, 11220 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 08:38
Re: New Pavis
Having kept pace with the others, those at the back can still hear the footsteps behind them. They have kept pace with the Rangers but haven't yet shown themselves.
GM
 GM, 11221 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 08:52
Re: New Pavis

Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1641 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 21:43
Re: New Pavis
In reply to GM (msg # 15):

Henal asks his familiar "Rikki are there spirits behind us?"
Rikki
 NPC, 35 posts
 Manul cat
 spirit
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 08:17
Re: New Pavis
Henal Longgrass:
In reply to GM (msg # 15):

Henal asks his familiar "Rikki are there spirits behind us?"


"There are spirits everywhere, house spirits, familiars, bound spirits and allied spirits. It is too hard to tell Boss."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3969 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 08:37
Re: New Pavis
As they cross the courtyard Ohanzee keeps an eye on the darkened entrance to the other alleyway, just in case ny come from there.
Melock
 player, 4606 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 20:29
Re: New Pavis
Melock leans in close to Henal "You two carry on, I'll drop in to the shadows and see who's feet we can hear." He steps away from the others and walks quickly towards the healing hall for twenty paces, then turns round and walks slowly back the way he came, hoping to catch sight of whoever seems to be following them.
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1642 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 22:11
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Rikki (msg # 18):

"Probably too many smells for you to make out anything particular about those following"
Kobal
 player, 2094 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 03:08
Re: New Pavis
GM:
Kobal:
Kobal ignores Texo and walks - slowly - further down.  Haaro, those big cats are just around Geo's?  If so, I figure they're just familiars for Orlanthi.  Or do they look a threat?

"Well not a threat to you, put they don't like me. Some are familiars." comes back the scared answer.


Kobal ignores his scaredy cat and continues on towards Geo's.

GM:
There's a few folk lounging in the alley way, sat in doorways, leaning out of windows, chewing the fat and drinking.

No one at first pays them a bit of notice, though as they near Geos several forms separate from the shadows, revealing themselves to be members of the local streetgang.

"A bit lost are we?" says one, with another adding "Farmers Quarters back that way." The last is aimed at Kobal.

As they talk several feline forms drop down from above, the Alynxes approaching Haroo for a shuftie.


Stay close to me, Haaro.  Kobal's about to reply curtly to the hoods when Hoskar speaks up to ward off them off.

GM:
Hoskar and Kobal are soon crossing the much wider Holy street and waving the others across, between groups of late night revellers as they begin to head home or set off for all night lock ins.


He continues into the alleyway that leads to Parade Way South, Haaro padding closely beside him, looking back at the alynxes every now and then.  "Nicely done, Two-Feather," he mutters under his breath.  Nearly there.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2857 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 16:49
Re: New Pavis
Out in front, Hoskar flushes slightly at Kobal's compliment.

Thank you he murmurs. I do try to listen to what you tell me.

One more street to duck across
he adds, composing himself again.
Kobal
 player, 2096 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 01:54
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Thank you he murmurs. I do try to listen to what you tell me.


Kobal chuckles quietly.  "You're the only one who listens to what I say.  Melock and Ohanzee - might as well try to catch the wind with your hand.  Amara - who would dare tell her what to do?  (Don't tell her I said that.)  Henal - we grew together, so he does his own thing as often as not.  Temush - Sun Hawks always seem to see things differently."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Tue 13 Mar 2018.

Amara Brightsky
 player, 3592 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 02:08
Re: New Pavis
Amara looked out of the corner of her eyes at Kobal "Perhaps if you used words wisely, Khan to be... then I might pay more attention to them." she said with an edge to her voice, before it softened "But as Kobal said. Good work Hoskar....I just...I find it strange that we must tolerate these people who think they hold some threat over us."
Kobal
 player, 2098 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 09:17
Re: New Pavis
Startled by Amara's voice, Kobal gives a momentary embarrassed smile before replying.  "Words are like the wind - gone in an instant.  They are not the Dedra way.  Even more so to we Thunder Birds - action is more important that words, haha."

Continuing to scan the alleyway and approaching main street for possible threats, he says quietly, "But I see dealing with these people sort of like being in Corflu.  We need to stay our swords because of our goals.  Right now, we need to avoid action to get these trolls to the temple."  He remembers to look up at the second storey of buildings now and then in case an attack should come from above.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3593 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 00:14
Re: New Pavis
Amara sighed "Without words, we are nothing. Words are an action of their own kind. They sign compacts more binding than a blood oath, give more comfort than khumiss and begin wars in which many die. Words are actions, Kobal."
Kobal
 player, 2099 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 01:54
Re: New Pavis
He considers this as a moment as they walk on.  "You talk of signing.  If words are so important, Waha would have taught us how to make those squiggles that outsiders make.  The Khan of Khans showed us how to make knots.  That is enough.  The rest of what he taught was how to do things."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2858 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 20:56
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Kobal (msg # 28):

Think about your scars Hoskar mutters as he walks warily. Every one a commitment you can't take back. Every one a written part of you.

Now please can we focus before we get jumped.

Amara Brightsky
 player, 3594 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Sun 18 Mar 2018
at 01:20
Re: New Pavis
Amara rolled her eyes at Kobal "Those knots you tie are the exact same as the writing foreigners use." she looked sullen as she responded to Hoskar "I rather suspect some of our number are hoping we get jumped."
Kobal
 player, 2102 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 01:58
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Think about your scars Hoskar mutters as he walks warily. Every one a commitment you can't take back. Every one a written part of you.

Now please can we focus before we get jumped.


"Don't worry," Kobal smiles in the darkness, "I can look around and talk at the same time.  In any event, Haaro here has better eyes and ears than the rest of us."

Nevertheless, he holds his tongue after that and lets Amara have the last word on writing.
GM
 GM, 11225 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 07:55
Re: New Pavis
GM:

GM
 GM, 11226 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 08:02
Re: New Pavis
At the fore of the group Hoskar, Amara and Kobal peer both directions on to Parade Way south, coming from the direction of the Pavis temple  is a largish group, carrying torches. It looks to be a local well to do family on its way home, with servants and several bodyguards. They'll draw level in a few moments...

At the rear of the group Melock sees several men spilling from the alleyway leading to Geos. Tough looking townsfolk, descendants of the those from the West. Both Henal and Temush see them too.

In the Dark courtyard, Ohanzee, Grundar and the two Trolls are left waiting for the word to go forward.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:23, Tue 20 Mar 2018.

Kobal
 player, 2103 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 08:18
Re: New Pavis
Kobal turns slowly, slowly ambles back the way he came, not wanting to wait at the end of the alleyway and make the bodyguards and servants nervous, nor wanting to make the trolls behind him nervous either.  He lingers in the alleyway, waiting for the procession to pass.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2860 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 08:35
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar nods when he sees Kobal amble back up the alley. Nicely done he murmurs, retreating likewise.

Just waiting for a party to pass by. Slight holdup. Doesn't look like a threat
GM
 GM, 11227 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 10:58
Re: New Pavis
Still at the head of the alleyway, but hidden by shadows Amara spots two heavily cloaked people break off from the family group and head down the alleyway between the Healing hall and the Argan Argar temple.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3595 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 23:48
Re: New Pavis
Amara winced as she saw the shapes depart the group and waited to whisper to the others. "Be prepared. We have at least two opponents waiting for us....and they may be heavily armed. It was hard to make out." she whispered her charm to protect herself.
Kobal
 player, 2104 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 01:53
Re: New Pavis
Kobal walks back down the alleyway until he can make out the shapes of the party following behind them.  He makes a show of patting the hilt of his sword a couple of times, but not drawing it.  In the Darkness, the Rangers might not make out his action, but hopefully the trolls will.  Returning to beside Amara, he too employs charms, of bison hide and bison gore, drawing energy from Haaro.
Melock
 player, 4611 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 07:13
Re: New Pavis
Stopping to check the laces on his boots, Melock watches the group from Geo's alley to see if they are going the same way as the Rangers.
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1643 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 08:36
Re: New Pavis
Henal keeps a close eye on the group behind trying to see if they are following. He mutters a charm of protection calling on Rikki's power.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2861 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 09:13
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Amara Brightsky (msg # 37):

Hoskar nods. There's two ways round that block he murmurs. maybe we should go the way round they didn't use.
Grundar
 Player, 155 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 09:26
Re: New Pavis
Back with the trolls Grundar is beginning to get a bit twitchy waiting for the signal to go. Inaction doesn't suit him, nor does silence. What's going on out there he wonders? It may have only been a moment since the others left, but it feels like ages.

So gents, he asks the trolls, what brings a fine pair of specimens like you to a place like this? As soon as the nervous energy fueled words leave his lips he regrets them and shuts up.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:26, Wed 21 Mar 2018.

Kobal
 player, 2106 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 09:41
Re: New Pavis
At the vanguard


Hoskar Two-Feather:
Hoskar nods. There's two ways round that block he murmurs. maybe we should go the way round they didn't use.


"Or one of us go down the nearest alley, and the other two go down the further alley.  I can get Haaro to head back to Henal and the others, and so maintain contact with them.  Whatever happens, we should decide quickly.  I don't want my spells to run out."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:42, Wed 21 Mar 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3970 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 10:50
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee suddenly tenses and rating his lead pipe speaks quietly "Snuff has been killed!"

There is anger and frustration in his voice.
GM
 GM, 11229 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 11:19
Re: New Pavis
At Ohanzee's voice both he and Grundar spy movement on the rooftops above. The Ravens and Trolls can see that they hold bows....

At the rear, where Henal, Temush And Melock wait they see the group of men spilling out of the alleyway head off, linking arms and start singing at the top of their voices.

In the Vanguard Kobal, Amara and Hoskar watch the family group pass.

All hear Ohanzee's words.
Melock
 player, 4613 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 13:31
Re: New Pavis
Melock shakes his head as the singers walk away, We're too jumpy tonight. He's just turning back towards the alley when he hears Ohanzee, Damn, looks like we've got trouble. Deciding that Snuff was probably on the roof near Ohanzee, unless the trolls got hungry, Melock looks for an easy route up to the roof to see what's up there.
GM
 GM, 11230 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 15:31
Re: New Pavis
The Trolls ignore Grundar, instead moving towards the side of a building, to protect themselves from at least some of the bowmen.

Meanwhile Melock sees that he can get up on to the nearest roof if someone gives him a leg up.
Melock
 player, 4618 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 18:12
Re: New Pavis
Melock sees a hand hold, but it's out of his reach. He beckons Temush over and with his help manages to get up on to the roof.
Four Paws
 NPC, 113 posts
 Manul spirit
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 20:15
Re: New Pavis
Friend in fealty, Snuff is snuffed. Seek solutions sooner. Forge forward or face the foe.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2863 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 20:45
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar stiffens and yawns copiously in case anyone behind is watching. Trouble back there he hisses. Someone go back and get them running on. I can't or they'll think we're boxed in.
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1645 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 22:59
Re: New Pavis
Henal uses Rikki to send a message up to Haaro "something is happening round the middle, could be trouble". Then looks ahead to see what is happening with the group with the trolls.
Kobal
 player, 2108 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 01:36
Re: New Pavis
Kobal passes Henal's message to Hoskar and Amara.  With a nod to Hoskar's words, he draws his sword and jogs back to the centre of the party.  Not seeing or hearing any sounds of battle, hisses to the trolls, "Keep moving!"

Haaro, stay out of danger!

This message was last edited by the player at 01:36, Thu 22 Mar 2018.

GM
 GM, 11232 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 07:33
Re: New Pavis
Kobal arrives in the courtyard, just as Melock gets up on the roof. Both spot shadowy forms holding bows, the nearest swinging around to cover the Raven brave. The ambusher is too far away to get to before he'd fire...

Below Hoskar and Temush can't see anything, nor Amara or Hoskar.

The Trolls have cast protective magic too, their forms shimmering in the darkness.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3971 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 07:37
Re: New Pavis
Striding into the centre of the courtyard Ohanzee raises a hand and shouts up a strange word at the ambushers...

"Urrumajarum!"
GM
 GM, 11233 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 07:39
Re: New Pavis
For a moment time stands still and then the men are gone. There one minute gone the next.

Melock is left staring at empty air. Lying close by is Ohanzee's beetle, pierced by an arrow.
Kobal
 player, 2109 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 09:43
Re: New Pavis
Kobal raises his shield the moment he spots the archers.  Then as he peers around the edge of the shield, the archers are gone.

"Hurry!" he beckons to the trolls.  Haaro, can you sense them at all?!
Haaro
 NPC, 29 posts
 Kobal's Bound spirit
 Manul cat
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 09:50
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
Kobal raises his shield the moment he spots the archers.  Then as he peers around the edge of the shield, the archers are gone.

"Hurry!" he beckons to the trolls.  Haaro, can you sense them at all?!

The Trolls scurry off into the alley to join Hoskar and Amara, whilst Kobal's familiar replies

"No...The houses are full of people...I think they have gone..."
Kobal
 player, 2110 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 10:07
Re: New Pavis
Kobal runs after the trolls.  With their size, and lugging his shield and armour, it's hard to keep up with them.  Come on, Haaro.  He tries to keep to the left of the Uz, so that shield on his left arm can provide some protection.

"Archers on the roof," he explains to Hoskar and Amara, as he continues down the alley.  "They disappeared in a flash.  Let's go."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 624 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 10:23
Re: New Pavis
Temush continues to watch Holy Street while Melock is on the roof.
Melock
 player, 4620 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 13:28
Re: New Pavis
Melock freezes when the archer turns to face him, but only slightly relaxes when they disappear. He crouches down and removes the arrow from Snuff and checks to see if he can save Snuff. He calls down to Temush and Henal, "I'll follow from up here."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3972 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 18:52
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee seems to realise where he is because he suddenly darts for the relative shelter of the walls of the buildings getting out of the open ground. Then hearing the call to move he obliges at a pace slowed only by the Trolls in front of him!
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1646 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 19:07
Re: New Pavis
Henal stays down with Temush and Rikki watching behind them. "Think I'll have to learn a spell to detect enemies" he mutters while they watch.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3596 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Fri 23 Mar 2018
at 02:16
Re: New Pavis
Amara kept hidden in the darkness near her troll posse, wondering what what going on. Assassins? Not assassins? Were they even the intended targets? All was unclear, but the only thing for sure was they needed to keep moving. "If we stay here, it only increases our chances of needing to fight. Let's go by the alternative route and prepare for fighting if needed." she suggested
GM
 GM, 11236 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2018
at 06:33
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar leads the way across the Parade way and into the alley between the temples, once there he finds the two cloaked figures who'd separated from the family group moments before.

Throwing back their hoods they reveal themselves to be the mayor of the city Byrgga Scissortongue and a man that Hoskar does not recognise.

"Quickly get your wards inside and disperse as quickly as possible. There is much danger walking the city tonight. Were you accosted?" asks the Mayor.

Henal and Temush remain for the moment at the mouth of the alley watching back the way they came, across Parade Way and for the arrival of Melock who was still on the roofs behind.
Kobal
 player, 2112 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Fri 23 Mar 2018
at 07:02
Re: New Pavis
GM:
Throwing back their hoods they reveal themselves to be the mayor of the city Byrgga Scissortongue and a man that Hoskar does not recognise.

"Quickly get your wards inside and disperse as quickly as possible. There is much danger walking the city tonight. Were you accosted?" asks the Mayor.


"Archers.  They disappeared without a trace.  One of our party had his familiar killed.  What is tonight?Is it to do with Waha's holy day...?
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2864 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 23 Mar 2018
at 09:06
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar inclines his head in greeting.

Our thanks - a friendly face is most welcome especially when it's yours. A strange night indeed. A little trouble as my friend says, but we've made it so far. With your permission, I imagine we should press on.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:06, Fri 23 Mar 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3973 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 07:24
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee presses on to the deeper Darkness of the temple entrance with the two trolls, fuming at the latest loss and a little confused too, though to worried at the moment to realise that.
GM
 GM, 11244 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 10:10
Re: New Pavis
The Trolls nod in thanks and vanish into the temple, quickly followed by the two Pavis officials, leaving the Rangers wondering what is exactly going on...

Curfew approaches, but there is still time to make it to the Waha Temple to take part in the evening ceremonies for the Holy day.

At the rear of the group Temush and Henal begin to wonder where Melock is.
Kobal
 player, 2114 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 14:54
Re: New Pavis
GM:
The Trolls nod in thanks and vanish into the temple, quickly followed by the two Pavis officials, leaving the Rangers wondering what is exactly going on...

Curfew approaches, but there is still time to make it to the Waha Temple to take part in the evening ceremonies for the Holy day.


They didn't answer my question...

Kobal looks at Hoskar.  "Your mother didn't want us to wait around and escort these trolls back to her, did they?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:54, Sat 24 Mar 2018.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 627 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 15:10
Re: New Pavis
GM:
The Trolls nod in thanks and vanish into the temple, quickly followed by the two Pavis officials, leaving the Rangers wondering what is exactly going on...

Curfew approaches, but there is still time to make it to the Waha Temple to take part in the evening ceremonies for the Holy day.

At the rear of the group Temush and Henal begin to wonder where Melock is.


Telling Henal "Ill let you know if I can see him." Temush tries to climb up the building Mellock got onto.
GM
 GM, 11246 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 17:00
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
Telling Henal "Ill let you know if I can see him." Temush tries to climb up the building Mellock got onto.


Heading back the way they'd come to locate the building, Temush finds Melock standing in the large courtyard, staring up at the nearby roofs, which had recently held bowmen.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 628 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 17:56
Re: New Pavis
GM:
Heading back the way they'd come to locate the building, Temush finds Melock standing in the large courtyard, staring up at the nearby roofs, which had recently held bowmen.


Sidling up to Melock, and following his gaze to the rooftops Temush taps the raven brave on the shoulder and says "What's up 'lock?"
Melock
 player, 4626 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 18:08
Re: New Pavis
Looking round, Melock smiles, "Did you see that? I was pushed off the roof, but managed to spin and land on my feet, I doubt I could do it again though." He rubs his chin as his eyes return to the rooftops, "Whatever Ohanzee said may have stopped us having to fight those guys, but he's upset them. I think he'll have to watch his back more than usual. So, where are the others?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2865 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 18:48
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Kobal (msg # 69):

Hoskar looks worried for a moment before his lopsided grin re-emerges. Horn and hide, no. Let's get out of here. I think I may hear Waha calling my soul.

He mutters something else only the forward group can catch.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:17, Sat 24 Mar 2018.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 629 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 18:58
Re: New Pavis
melock:
Looking round, Melock smiles,  "Whatever Ohanzee said may have stopped us having to fight those guys, but he's upset them. I think he'll have to watch his back more than usual. So, where are the others?"

Temush shrugs, "They crossed the street, They might be in the dark house or they might have come back out by now. Let's go and see".
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1647 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 01:07
Re: New Pavis
Henal joins Melock and Temush. "Let's find out if we can go to Waha's temple now. I don't want to miss a holy day, that's the sort of thing these town dwellers do."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3974 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 08:23
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee walks in uncustomary silence to the Waha temple speaking only to pay his respects to the elders on his arrival. Then taking a place sitting cross-legged within the pace he begins his meditations to the Khan of Khans.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3976 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 08:38
Re: New Pavis

This message was deleted by the player at 08:47, Sun 25 Mar 2018.

Kobal
 player, 2116 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 11:49
Re: New Pavis
Kobal would ask Ohanzee what happened, but the Raven is not like his usual incorrigible self, so he leaves the question for later.  I wonder if he's getting over the death of his familiar.

Back at the Waha temple again, he joins the drumbeat chant of the Song to Rising Waha, then casts a charm of fanaticism upon himself, dancing furiously to celebrate the night-time birth of the Butcher, born to deliver his people out of the Darkness.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:37, Sun 25 Mar 2018.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 631 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 13:10
Re: New Pavis
Temush collects his shield to attend the Waha ritual. He looks for Swiftkick amongst the crowd to invite him to stand with the Ranger braves for the ceremony. He sacrifices the necessary spiritual essence then casts his light spell and unveils his shield when the Waha and the Star Captains chant is recited. Seeing Swiftkick in this town of outsiders seems to have reinvigorated his observance of Waha norms.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:08, Sun 25 Mar 2018.

Melock
 player, 4628 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 13:24
Re: New Pavis
Melock follows the others to Waha's temple, but he watches Ohanzee closely waiting for the right moment to talk about what just happened. He gifts as much of his spirit to Waha as he can spare.
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1648 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 16:56
Re: New Pavis
Henal joins in the celebrations of Waha enthusiastically giving thanks to his lord for his return to life. He gifts freely of his magical strength.
GM
 GM, 11251 posts
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 09:16
Re: New Pavis
Praxian Temple.

The temple is packed with the many followers of Waha that live within the walls and outside too. Sables out number everyone else and for the most part lead the ceremonies.

Myths are reenacted and sacrifices made. Several spirits of Law, from the far off ruins of Ex arrive to form bonds with several lucky worshippers.

Temush finds his friend Swiftkick and they spend the ceremonies close together....

Freezeday, Fertilty Week, Dark Season.

Dawn sees everyone sat in the open corral sharing breakfast supplied by the Temple.
Kobal
 player, 2123 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 09:38
Re: New Pavis
Kobal finds a place next to Ohanzee as they breakfast.  He says quietly to the brave, "I'm sorry you lost Snuff.  To have that bond, and lose it, is hard.  Maybe the Argan Argar temple will be able to help you with a new familiar, since we did help a couple of trolls."

He pauses and eats for a few moments, before continuing.  "Did you see what happened?  Since I arrived late, all I saw was some archers, but they disappeared in a flash.  Whoever they are, they may attack again, so we need to be ready."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3979 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 11:52
Re: New Pavis
Praxian Temple.

It is obvious to Ohanzee that this place, despite the number of worshipers tonight, is weak. Also, as one who often finds himself ostracized if not outright outcast, he recognises in the elders here the small signs.

Perhaps because of this in part, or because they find themselves walled off from their lands he throws himself into the worship expending all but the very last of his soul to bolster the power of the temple and the link with Waha.

For hours he drums, sweat dripping from him and his arms aching until the Spirits of Law come and finally he all but collapses from the exertion when one brushed through him. It is a strange feeling to have something so Lawful pass through his so Disorderly self.

Freezeday, Fertilty Week, Dark Season.

Kobal:
Kobal finds a place next to Ohanzee as they breakfast.  He says quietly to the brave, "I'm sorry you lost Snuff.  To have that bond, and lose it, is hard.  Maybe the Argan Argar temple will be able to help you with a new familiar, since we did help a couple of trolls."

He pauses and eats for a few moments, before continuing.  "Did you see what happened?  Since I arrived late, all I saw was some archers, but they disappeared in a flash.  Whoever they are, they may attack again, so we need to be ready."


"No, I have no idea..." he trails off "No idea at all..." then looks up at Kobal "One moment Snuff is dead they are there, many of them all abouts on the roofs and then the next they are gone."

"I don't know why or how."

"There is a gap. I shall fill it as you suggest. No doubt there will be a price, but how he was lost must count for something to those we were escorting at least."

"I will visit them after we leave here."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:52, Mon 26 Mar 2018.

Melock
 player, 4633 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 12:23
Re: New Pavis
"I can fill in another detail, you called out a word and the assassin's backed off. I had a brief chat with them up on the roof. They really wanted to know your name, I did my best to find out anything I could from them, but they weren't in a sharing mood."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3981 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 13:26
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee shakes his head "Wasn't me. I didn't shout anything at them, not unless you count a silent curse at the death of Snuff. Maybe one of then sounds like me."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 634 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 13:52
Re: New Pavis
As Ohanzee speaks Temush leans towards him.
Melock
 player, 4635 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 17:15
Re: New Pavis
As he watches Temush lean towards Ohanzee, Melock can't stop himself from laughing, "Did you just lie?" He shakes his head, "in front of a Sun Hawk, that's careless."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 636 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 17:40
Re: New Pavis
"No  ...no, he didn't..." Temush says with a slight frown before blowing his lips out,
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2868 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 17:52
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar frowns too. Taking a deep breath, he stares at the ceiling and remarks I know what I heard.

For a moment, it looks as if he is about to say more. But he just shakes his head sadly without further comment.
Melock
 player, 4638 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 19:55
Re: New Pavis
He glances between Hoskar and Temush, "Am I missing something?"
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 637 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 21:16
Re: New Pavis
"I guess so," Temush mutters absently "...I know I am - food for thought."
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1651 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 22:20
Re: New Pavis
Henal hearing the exchange looks pensive. "I suppose there are ways we can hear things as though they come from elsewhere than than their real source. It confuses me how those assassins just vanished though and who were they there for?."
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3597 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 03:06
Re: New Pavis
Amara crossed her arms, trying to be angry, but not show she was angry, she'd spent too much time being angry. It needed to change. "I dislike this place. Nothing is simple here. Everything is hidden, no doubt the ravens are content, but the rest of us are less so. Let us do what must be done and leave."
Melock
 player, 4639 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 06:30
Re: New Pavis
"The scary man with knife seemed to think that Ohanzee was from the here, not a nomad. I think we'll be seeing them again." Melock has a few bites of his free breakfast, "I think you'd have enjoyed being held at knife point and pushed of a roof more than I did Amara. If you want to see this place like a Raven you can keep me company for a couple of days."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2869 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 07:40
Re: New Pavis
Looking back and forth between the Rangers, Hoskar chews on his lip awhile as the conversation progresses then speaks softly and regretfully.

I know what I heard. And whose voice it was. And what language it was though not what it meant he glances at Ohanzee and it troubles me.

Yet it is clear Ohanzee speaks the truth. It is no insult to a Raven to think the truth might be concealed, but it would be an insult to Sun Hawk to say a lie could be compounded that way
.

He shakes his head.

I too am missing something here...

...actually...did you shout anything at all, Ohanzee?


He smiles almost shyly; vaguely in Amara's direction. You've not seen the place at its best yet, though. Give it a week or so and some getting used to.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3982 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 09:46
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee considers a moment before responding "I said Snuff was killed and tucked myself in against the building to get some cover."

He frowns "Then I was standing in the middle of the courtyard" he says looking a little sheepish or confused perhaps.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2871 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 10:00
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar scratches his head, looking worried. That's damn odd. I distinctly heard your voice come out with a word in Old Wyrmish. Erumadjarum or something like it. And with the other half of my heritage - the Becx half - that's mighty worrying. Especially if you don't remember it.

Maybe we should get a priest or a shaman to take a look at you or ask Emesh-Ga. I still regret not paying more attention when Harratt was acting oddly. That had a tragic ending. Blame myself to an extent though there's little I could have done.

Do you feel alright?

This message was last edited by the player at 10:01, Tue 27 Mar 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3983 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 10:19
Re: New Pavis
He shrugs "Feel fine. bit tired after last nights prayers, but who wouldn't" and he picks up some more food.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:46, Tue 27 Mar 2018.

Melock
 player, 4640 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 14:38
Re: New Pavis
"What's old wyrmish and what's it got to do with trolls?" he scratches his head, "Can trolls control us like we control animals?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2872 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 15:01
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 101):

Quietly, as if controlling some emotion, Hoskar replies It's the language of the dragons. The people-eaters. I know nothing to say it has to do with Uz at all.
he slumps forward, holding his head in his hands.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:02, Tue 27 Mar 2018.

Melock
 player, 4641 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 17:07
Re: New Pavis
Melock looks worried at Hoskar's reaction to his question, "I'm guessing there is a story to tell," He pats Hoskar on the shoulder, "maybe telling us will ease the pain?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2875 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 07:40
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 103):

Hoskar smiles wanly, straightening up. It's nothing personal to me. In the pass, in the west, dragons are feared. Feared beyond reason. Smething I seem to have inherited. There may be tales, but I don't know them. Maybe it's something not spoken of.

Some people from there came here, and...
his eyes widen ...the city was... he starts to grin ...full...

His voice tails off and he slaps his forehead with his palm, smiling hugely.

He turns back to Ohanzee.

I've been rather dense there. You've not been speaking to dragons. You're not under some awful spirit. Just made some friends, I'd guess. I'll say no more. I'm sorry for that fuss.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:41, Wed 28 Mar 2018.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2876 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 15:35
Re: New Pavis
Rather sheepishly, he adds wrong language. Old Pavic, not Old Wyrmish. Words getting borrowed between them.
Melock
 player, 4643 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 17:53
Re: New Pavis
"Dragons! I think if I'd seen one, even from a distance it would scare me as well." Glad that Hoskar is no longer slumped over, Melock relaxes, "Old Wyrmish, Old Pavic, you could have told me it was the language of the giants that built the great wall we passed getting here and I would be none the wiser."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3984 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 20:47
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee shakes his head at Hoskar and sounds frustrated as he says "I've been speaking to no one, I know no one in this place. I have never hear of Old Pavic or Old Wyrmish and I said nothing to to the assassins. I have no idea what you are talking about!"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2878 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 08:06
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar chews his lip again. That's still damn odd. I'd swear to a Humakti it was your voice. Still, as long as you're alright I think I'm best assuming I misheard.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 641 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 09:50
Re: New Pavis
Temush nods "I vouch for what Ohanzee says. I don't know what we are talk of, and it may be a long time 'til we find out, if we do.

I had some news from Avalarn's uncle. Some of the Elves from the Garden go the old city by Pavis's temple at Sacred Time. If we help them with their Sacred Time role then they will talk to us. Hoskar may know who to ask to get to the old city and join the Sacred Time rites?"

Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1654 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 10:26
Re: New Pavis
Henal looks up "the elves I really wonder about as we do not see them out in the wastes, are they hostile to nomads?"
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3985 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 11:25
Re: New Pavis
Glad of the change of topic Ohanzee says "It would be good to pass the seed on. The longer it is with us then the more chance of something happening to it. And perhaps it will get too old."

"I am going to spend some time at the Great Serpent whilst I have the chance, so don't be surprised if I'm not around much."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 17:14, Thu 29 Mar 2018.

Melock
 player, 4644 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 12:22
Re: New Pavis
"Will we be back here for Sacred time? I don't know if I want to take part in their sacred time stories, I'll probably end up on their enemies side."
GM
 GM, 11268 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 15:37
Re: New Pavis
The Rangers notice that they are being watched by several of the Sable Riders present.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2879 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 17:19
Re: New Pavis
You can likely count me out at Sacred Time Hoskar remarks. Issaries holy days and I hope he will accept me.

Aside from what's already been said, I am seeing Broosta later. Could ask her how to see Aldryami, I suppose. Or ask mother. She deals mostly with the Uz though.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:44, Thu 29 Mar 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3986 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 17:29
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee looks over at the watching Sable Riders and tries to make out clan markings. "What they so interested in?"
Melock
 player, 4646 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 17:34
Re: New Pavis
Melock also turns to look at the Sables, "Well it could just normal sable hate, or more likely we've been recognised as Delenda's kidnappers. One way to find out, shall we invite them over?"
GM
 GM, 11271 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 05:58
Re: New Pavis
The Sable braves are from the Rock Speakers clan, which is the one currently in control of the area.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 643 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 11:14
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
You can likely count me out at Sacred Time Hoskar remarks. Issaries holy days and I hope he will accept me.

Aside from what's already been said, I am seeing Broosta later. Could ask her how to see Aldryami, I suppose. Or ask mother. She deals mostly with the Uz though.


I guess it's Ohanzee who needs to say how we do the do, but I would like to help the Elves at Sacred time if you could ask Brooster for me. Temush says
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3987 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 15:15
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee shrugs "Don't know anything about the Aldryami sacred time rituals, just know I've got a seed and the Dryad told me and Amara to bring it to the elves here."

He stands and walks towards the watching Rock Speakers "Morning. You blokes want anything? Or perhaps you've heard of our band, our cause beyond clan lines?"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:29, Sun 01 Apr 2018.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 644 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 16:02
Re: New Pavis
"Err chief",  Temush addresses Kobal, "did we not leave the mounts at home and ride Zebra to Pavis so's not to let the world know our bees' wax?" He nods pointedly towards Ohanzee and the Sables
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3988 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 1 Apr 2018
at 13:04
Re: New Pavis
"Or let me put this another way, any of you mob follow the Four Rivals?"
Kobal
 player, 2128 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 03:36
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
I had some news from Avalarn's uncle. Some of the Elves from the Garden go the old city by Pavis's temple at Sacred Time. If we help them with their Sacred Time role then they will talk to us. Hoskar may know who to ask to get to the old city and join the Sacred Time rites?"</Blue>


Having been occupied by his breakfast, Kobal finally comes up for air.

"What other news from Avalarn's uncle?  Like, was he filled with gratitude with our saving his niece?  Did he give you anything?"

Hoskar Two-Feather:
Hoskar scratches his head, looking worried. That's damn odd. I distinctly heard your voice come out with a word in Old Wyrmish. Erumadjarum or something like it. And with the other half of my heritage - the Becx half - that's mighty worrying. Especially if you don't remember it.

Maybe we should get a priest or a shaman to take a look at you or ask Emesh-Ga. I still regret not paying more attention when Harratt was acting oddly. That had a tragic ending. Blame myself to an extent though there's little I could have done.


"Perhaps it was Ohanzee's Raven spirit?"

He lifts his head slightly, adopts a more respectful tone and says, "Lord Captain, do you know what could have caused this?  Some of us heard Ohanzee speak a strange word, but he himself denies it.  And Temush says he did not lie."

Temush Blinking-cloud:
I guess it's Ohanzee who needs to say how we do the do, but I would like to help the Elves at Sacred time if you could ask Brooster for me. Temush says


He looks to all assembled.  "Do you think it would be good if the elves become involved in the Greening of Prax and the Wastes?  Or should we focus on the Earth instead?"

He looks to Grundar.  "At some point, we'll need to explain to you what we Wandering Rangers are doing."

Temush Blinking-cloud:
"Err chief",  Temush addresses Kobal, "did we not leave the mounts at home and ride Zebra to Pavis so's not to let the world know our bees' wax?" He nods pointedly towards Ohanzee and the Sables


"Not all of us rode zebras.  I rode my bison Black Hoof, remember?  Don't want to ride a zebra.  And Blue Arm has his strange rhino now."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:37, Tue 03 Apr 2018.

Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1655 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 10:00
Re: New Pavis
Henal groans and mutters "bloody zebras, I will be happy when I can get back and pick out a new bison to ride. Sables are a pain anywhere we meet them."
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3598 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 13:50
Re: New Pavis
Amara raised an eyebrow "Sables have the potential to be strong allies against the moon followers."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2880 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 07:55
Re: New Pavis
Looking studiously into thin air, Hoskar's face is a calm mask. He swallows hard several times before speaking.

Allies. Yes. Why not? It's what it's about.

Aldrya's folk too. Growth. We saw what that one dryad accomplished. Greener places. Dreamweed for Salen too, very likely.

Oh.

Actually.

Dreamweed. I bought some before leaving here. Must have come from the Garden. Got it from...er...fill you in privately later.


He smiles - a weak smile, but a distinct smile - as he nods and raises a hand in acknowledgement of the Sables.

Anyone looking closely will see he is perspiring more than one might expect, and that his right hand strayed downwards towards his waist a few moments before being raised in greeting.
Kobal
 player, 2130 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 01:35
Re: New Pavis
Amara Brightsky:
Amara raised an eyebrow "Sables have the potential to be strong allies against the moon followers."


"Only those clans which haven't joined with the Moon worshippers," Kobal interjects.  "The others I wouldn't trust any further I could put a javelin through them."
GM
 GM, 11274 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 09:22
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee Shappa:
Ohanzee shrugs "Don't know anything about the Aldryami sacred time rituals, just know I've got a seed and the Dryad told me and Amara to bring it to the elves here."

He stands and walks towards the watching Rock Speakers "Morning. You blokes want anything? Or perhaps you've heard of our band, our cause beyond clan lines?"



Ohanzee Shappa:
"Or let me put this another way, any of you mob follow the Four Rivals?"


"Oh we've heard of you, just not known where youse where that's all" answers one of the braves, an older man, powerful in magic and warcraft.

There's lots of hooking thumbs through belts and rocking back on heels as the group of Sable warriors give Ohanzee and the Rangers a good, long stare.

Several of them move off to jump on their mounts which are ridden off quickly towards the nearby gate.....


Kobal:
"Perhaps it was Ohanzee's Raven spirit?"

He lifts his head slightly, adopts a more respectful tone and says, "Lord Captain, do you know what could have caused this?  Some of us heard Ohanzee speak a strange word, but he himself denies it.  And Temush says he did not lie."


Kobal's head shimmers as the guardian spirit replies.
Melock
 player, 4647 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 20:18
Re: New Pavis
GM:
"Oh we've heard of you, just not known where youse where that's all" answers one of the braves, an older man, powerful in magic and war craft.

 There's lots of hooking thumbs through belts and rocking back on heels as the group of Sable warriors give Ohanzee and the Rangers a good, long stare.

 Several of them move off to jump on their mounts which are ridden off quickly towards the nearby gate.....


Keeping his voice low, "I'm guessing that they've gone to get their mates." Melock's eyes flit between the nearby Rangers, "We should leave before they get back."
Kobal
 player, 2133 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 09:08
Re: New Pavis
GM:
Kobal's head shimmers as the guardian spirit replies.


Kobal sits still a moment, listening, before reporting to the others, "Emesh-Ga couldn't explain it all, but it's something to do with his Raven spirit."

"My thanks, Lord Captain."


Melock:
GM:
There's lots of hooking thumbs through belts and rocking back on heels as the group of Sable warriors give Ohanzee and the Rangers a good, long stare.

 Several of them move off to jump on their mounts which are ridden off quickly towards the nearby gate.....


Keeping his voice low, "I'm guessing that they've gone to get their mates." Melock's eyes flit between the nearby Rangers, "We should leave before they get back."


Kobal turns to regard the Sable riders a moment, watching those who leave.  "We're going to be here in this city for a while.  If they want trouble, they're going to find us sooner or later.  Their less likely to do anything during the day."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2881 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 15:59
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar looks worried a moment, head cocked to one side and eyes unfocussed.


He forces a smile, and nods to Kobal. Agreed. They jump us here, and there's the law. Still, Melock has a point. Maybe we're best where there's plenty of local witnesses.
Melock
 player, 4649 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 17:47
Re: New Pavis
"If it happens in front of witnesses then we'll get the blame, especially here at the temple where I'm sure the shaman's will be on their side," he grins, "but if happens at night down a dark alley, it'll be a fair fight." Melock shrugs, "one way or another trouble is on the horizon."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:12, Tue 10 Apr 2018.

Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1657 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 19:07
Re: New Pavis
Henal frowns and shakes his head, before he looks about. "Isn't trouble always on our horizon? Damn sables causing trouble".
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 645 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 19:59
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
Having been occupied by his breakfast, Kobal finally comes up for air.

"What other news from Avalarn's uncle?  Like, was he filled with gratitude with our saving his niece?  Did he give you anything?"

Temush looks confused "I thought I told you, he gave us a pouch of gold, and all due words of thanks, asked what boon I sought, so I said if he could tell us how to meet the elves that would fit the bill.

Could be you weren't there when I talked to Hoskar about the gold bits, they're in Becx's lock box. I would say he thinks well of us.

Kobal:
Temush Blinking-cloud:
I guess it's Ohanzee who needs to say how we do the do, but I would like to help the Elves at Sacred time if you could ask Brooster for me. Temush says


He looks to all assembled.  "Do you think it would be good if the elves become involved in the Greening of Prax and the Wastes?  Or should we focus on the Earth instead?"

Temush shrugs, You're the ones as met the Dryad, I thought you had it in mind to do as she asked.

Far be it from me to set up to teach the ways of Waha to one to whom he gives his mark, but I think elf green would suit the herds more than Esrola green. They can get riled if their plants are at threat mind. There's a story that they called on us Ostriches and the Verhefen one time when there were swarms of bugs in the Redwoods, don't know if it's true or not

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2882 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 08:26
Re: New Pavis
At the word "Dryad", Hoskar's smile relaxes.

Now we've not got so many listeners, I might as well pass on a lead. My dreamweed contacts. There's a dryad hangs out at Goldfang's Grotto sometimes.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3990 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 11:26
Re: New Pavis
Having returned Ohanzee smiles at Hoskar's recommendation "Any supplier of good weed is a person worth visiting!"
Melock
 player, 4650 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 17:40
Re: New Pavis
"You'll have to take us to Goldfangs then Hoskar. What else do they do there?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2883 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 20:27
Re: New Pavis
I think Grundar might know the place, Hoskar burbles. I never saw the dryad myself. Stayed away from the deals. Keeping my head down, you know - you've met mother - and I've not seen my contact here since we arrived. Don't know if anyone's seen an oldish Deadhead nickname Roach? He might have graduated to the halite mines by now of course.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:28, Wed 11 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 11279 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 10:16
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee Shappa:
Having returned Ohanzee smiles at Hoskar's recommendation "Any supplier of good weed is a person worth visiting!"


Ohanzee, surrounded by his friends, suddenly finds himself grabbed, bundled up and bound. From his knees he looks up as Hoskar looms over him, staff raised...

*Crack*

And knocked unconscious everything fades to black.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2886 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 16:03
Re: New Pavis
Sorry, mate Hoskar murmurs as Ohanzee crumples up. He moves quickly to prevent his comrade from hitting the floor too hard. For you own good, you know. He shakes his head Missing moments and talking Old sodding Pavic be damned.

He straightens up and looks round the Rangers. Right. Shall we get him to the priests and shamans?

Four Paws just fill in everyone will you?

His face drops a moment. Oh. He leans in to Melock and mutters something

This message was last edited by the player at 16:15, Thu 12 Apr 2018.

Four Paws
 NPC, 115 posts
 Manul spirit
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 16:12
Re: New Pavis
Never dull the times in this place, Raven's head will sure go sorely when he wakes from fervid slumbers and some strife may yet come of it.

Ho familiars, all but Raven's, seems a spirit has been scouted: delving deep by copper captain showed the stinker lurking down there round the Raven's subtle soul. Shaman's work to find and conquer, so the scene we have now witnessed.

GM
 GM, 11283 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 17:05
Re: New Pavis
Under the eyes of many curious bystanders the Rangers carry Ohanzee into the nearby temple, where they are met by two firendly shamans, one a High lama and the other a Sable rider.

"What is the problem?" asks the former "Has he been injured in a fight?". The Sable rider, a wise glint in his eyes, takes in the assembled braves and replies "I think it is more complicated than that...Come with me this way..." and he leads them off to an anti-chamber.
Melock
 player, 4653 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 17:50
Re: New Pavis
Melock helps the others subdue Ohanzee and is about to ask the others why, when Hoskar enlightens him. He nods and helps carry him to the temple. Reluctantly Melock follows the Sable Shaman.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 648 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 19:49
Re: New Pavis
"Well, i think that is quite enough for a true tongue for one day" Temush muses, as he peels off to offer some preyers to Waha and Sun hawk for Ohanzee and his unexpected guest. Having done that he decides it would not be over the top to include  Mother Ostrich and Uluruhu the crane-man too.
Moonface
 NPC, 0 posts
 Shaman
 Outlaw Sable
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 11:32
Re: New Pavis
The Praxian Temple


Freezeday, Fertilty Week, Dark Season.

Ohanzee is stretched out on the floor of the room and the Sable shaman indicates that those present sit about him. Incense is lit and he begins the instructions for the upcoming ceremony.

"This could take a while, and I need you to each dedicate yourselves to this fully. It will be dangerous for your friend and possibly for me if this spirit is powerful. It is a spirit you are worried about yes?"

He looks at the braves and needs no confirmation to his query as he sees the truth in their eyes.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:33, Sat 14 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 11289 posts
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 12:50
Re: New Pavis
Ten Days later, Clayday, Stasis Week, Dark Season.

The first three days had been spent at the Praxian Temple, where the Rangers and the Shaman Moonface were locked in a ferocious spirit world battle with the spirit possessing Ohanzee.

At last it is over, and Ohanzee, awakening from a bad dream is greeted by his relieved companions. The spirit has been trapped in the piece of Moonrock that Ohanzee had found.

"A nasty piece of work" Moonface points out somewhat unnecessarily "And one to be treated with the utmost care. I have trapped it here, but it is not like a bound spirit where you can use it to power your spells. I advise you to be very careful..."

With that the braves join the celebrations for Eiritha's holy day and then set off on their weeklong adventures within the city...

Clothes are procured, Angelika updated, spells learned, rumours discussed and various missions attempted. During the week, the Lunars had clamped down on the Orlanthi in the city, whitewashing the temple's outside murals, outlawing the worship of their god and implementing a citywide ban on all weapons and armour, unless one was a  weapon-master or member of a certified business or guild and offering guard services.

On enquiring about this Becx said she would hire Hoskar and Grundar but until she had a caravan would not be able to hire anymore. But...Word was out that Gorovan the Magnificent of the Garhound clan was seeking the Rangers and was offering a chance to gain the proper paperwork to bear arms. He was expecting them on the morrow at midday in Geos.

But first was a night out at Goldfangs, for Hoskar had arranged a meeting through his deadhead contact with a certain Dryad...
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3997 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 19:13
Re: New Pavis
Post Exorcism

It takes some time and some explaining to explain to Ohanzee why he was jumped and as a healing bruise on his forehead.

"That would explain the sign I gave to the bandit without knowing why or what it was. An the blank bits."

He look at the fish charm, filled now with the tricky spirit "Thank you all" he says looking at the other Rangers and then to Moonface "And thank you. What am I supposed to do with it?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:15, Sun 15 Apr 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3998 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 19:24
Re: New Pavis
Ten Days Later

Recovered somewhat Ohanzee speaks as they prepare for their trip to Goldfang's "Things are bad for followers of Little Brother. I hope they don't interfere with the ceremonies at the Pairing Stones." he says glancing at Amara.
Kobal
 player, 2137 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 06:35
Re: New Pavis
Morning after Waha's high holy day


Temush Blinking-cloud:
Kobal:
"What other news from Avalarn's uncle?  Like, was he filled with gratitude with our saving his niece?  Did he give you anything?"

Temush looks confused "I thought I told you, he gave us a pouch of gold, and all due words of thanks, asked what boon I sought, so I said if he could tell us how to meet the elves that would fit the bill.

Could be you weren't there when I talked to Hoskar about the gold bits, they're in Becx's lock box. I would say he thinks well of us.


"Hmm, I can't remember whether I was there.  Well, at least we got something out of it."

Temush Blinking-cloud:
Far be it from me to set up to teach the ways of Waha to one to whom he gives his mark, but I think elf green would suit the herds more than Esrola green. They can get riled if their plants are at threat mind. There's a story that they called on us Ostriches and the Verhefen one time when there were swarms of bugs in the Redwoods, don't know if it's true or not</Blue>


"I've been blessed with his mark, but I don't pretend to know all his mysteries and ways."  Kobal leans forward.  "The elves make me nervous.  We don't normally see them on the Wastes.  I figure they have different goals to the Earth..."

Ten Days later, Clayday, Stasis Week, Dark Season.

GM:
The first three days had been spent at the Praxian Temple, where the Rangers and the Shaman Moonface were locked in a ferocious spirit world battle with the spirit possessing Ohanzee.

At last it is over, and Ohanzee, awakening from a bad dream is greeted by his relieved companions. The spirit has been trapped in the piece of Moonrock that Ohanzee had found.


"Blue Arm, you're back with us."  Kobal gives the brave a firm squeeze on the shoulder.  "We couldn't afford to pay the temple for the exorcism though, so you're now indentured to this temple for two years."  He flashes a cap-toothed smile.  "You should thank our captain Emesh-Ga for first noticing your possession."

Out of sight of the resting Ohanzee, he thanks Moonface for the risky and lengthy task, giving the shaman a gold brooch  and making a donation of trade goods to the temple as well .  "Wise One, what sort of spirit is it?"

Ohanzee Shappa:
"That would explain the sign I gave to the bandit without knowing why or what it was. An the blank bits."


"We don't know anything about the spirit yet, but in that instance, it seemed to avoid a fight at least, thank the Khan of Khans.  Whether that sign will cause more trouble for us down the track remains to be seen..."

He pauses a moment.  "Do you have any idea where you came across this spirit?  Any moment you touched something, or things felt a different for an instant?"

Ohanzee Shappa:
He look at the fish charm, filled now with the tricky spirit "Thank you all" he says looking at the other Rangers and then to Moonface "And thank you. What am I supposed to do with it?"


Although the question was directed to the shaman, Kobal chips in.  "Get rid of it.  Perhaps the knowledge cultists will buy it - perhaps they'll trade for some information about the spirit itself.  That may help in case those bandits appear again.  We shouldn't have this spirit near us.  It will only bring trouble."

He looks around at the Rangers.  "Maybe we should seek a divination, to find out what this spirit was doing while it had possessed Ohanzee."

GM:
Clothes are procured, Angelika updated, spells learned, rumours discussed and various missions attempted. During the week, the Lunars had clamped down on the Orlanthi in the city, whitewashing the temple's outside murals, outlawing the worship of their god and implementing a citywide ban on all weapons and armour, unless one was a  weapon-master or member of a certified business or guild and offering guard services.

On enquiring about this Becx said she would hire Hoskar and Grundar but until she had a caravan would not be able to hire anymore. But...Word was out that Gorovan the Magnificent of the Garhound clan was seeking the Rangers and was offering a chance to gain the proper paperwork to bear arms. He was expecting them on the morrow at midday in Geos.


Kobal asks Becx the reason for the clamp down.  "Is something about to happen here?  Or has something already happened?"  To the others he says, "If something is going to happen, perhaps we should suggest to Angelika that we move on soon.  Otherwise we may be caught up in events, or stuck in this town."

GM:
But first was a night out at Goldfangs, for Hoskar had arranged a meeting through his deadhead contact with a certain Dryad...


Kobal tags along, not because he's got any particular fondness for elves or the Condor weed, but because it's an opportunity to learn more.  Plus, with the ban on arms and armour, there's safety in numbers.  He brings his staff with him, if it doesn't look like it contravenes the ban on weapons..

This message was last edited by the player at 06:47, Mon 16 Apr 2018.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2889 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 10:51
Re: New Pavis
Looking somewhat sheepish, Hoskar is quick to apologise to Ohanzee. Really sorry about that crack on the head. We didn't know what else to do - if we'd tried to take you through there conscious, we had a nasty feeling the spirit might have kicked off. If you'd like a quick fix, I can sort that bruise out.

He glances at Kobal as he mentions seeking knowledge on the nature of the spirit. We could always try getting someone well-connected to ask Issaries what the damn thing is. but there'll be a fee he grins, with a glance in Becx's direction as you'll no doubt guess. But if we know it's an interesting one maybe the greybeards will pay more to study the blighter.

His grin broadening, he secretes a clinking pouch well beneath his clothing. So. Ready to meet a contact? I've never met her before - contact of a contact and so on.
Melock
 player, 4657 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 17:39
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
"We don't know anything about the spirit yet, but in that instance, it seemed to avoid a fight at least, thank the Khan of Khans.  Whether that sign will cause more trouble for us down the track remains to be seen..."


"Judging by how interested those men on the roof were in Ohanzee, I think we'll be seeing them soon, do you think we should have warned the shaman?"
Melock turns his head suddenly when he hears the clink of a money pouch, "If you're taking that much cash she must be expensive"
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1659 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 18:50
Re: New Pavis
The morning after Waha's Holy Day

"Must be the first time we've actually put Ohanzee out for his own protection, though it could end up being frequent if we look at all the other things he's done." Henal says with a smile. "I wonder what that spirit is and Melock is probably right that there might be someone coming looking for it after what happened with the archers, but maybe we should worry about that tomorrow and get a chance to relax while we can".
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3600 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 02:46
Re: New Pavis
"You know...at first I was shocked when Ohanzee got knocked out...and then I was going to applaud. Now, I think it might just save us a lot of trouble if we do it now and again to double check he's not been possessed again." Amara suggested with a hint of humor in eyes that showed concern for Ohanzee "But enough, we're rapidly running short on time. We still haven't recovered my friend from the trolls, or made any real progress doing anything in this place. It is a quagmire in which we have become stuck."
Kobal
 player, 2140 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 04:16
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Looking somewhat sheepish, Hoskar is quick to apologise to Ohanzee. Really sorry about that crack on the head. We didn't know what else to do - if we'd tried to take you through there conscious, we had a nasty feeling the spirit might have kicked off. If you'd like a quick fix, I can sort that bruise out.


"You know, you looked a bit too happy as you knocked him on the head, Hoskar."  Kobal gives an evil grin.

Amara Brightsky:
"You know...at first I was shocked when Ohanzee got knocked out...and then I was going to applaud. Now, I think it might just save us a lot of trouble if we do it now and again to double check he's not been possessed again." Amara suggested with a hint of humor in eyes that showed concern for Ohanzee "But enough, we're rapidly running short on time. We still haven't recovered my friend from the trolls, or made any real progress doing anything in this place. It is a quagmire in which we have become stuck."


He looks at Henal and Amara.  "Yeah, since he (and Melock) seem to head off into the Darkness each night, doing gods know what, perhaps we need to jump him each day.  Just to be sure."

More seriously, he says, "Yes, we need to give Delenda priority I think.  We've been here over 10 days now, and there's no telling what the trolls have done with her by now...  As it turns out, from the time I've spent at this temple, I learned that Moonface is from Delenda's clan.  So maybe he'd be willing to help.  Although he was cast out from the clan (why else would he be here instead of being nomadic?), so maybe he might not..."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:23, Tue 17 Apr 2018.

Melock
 player, 4660 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 12:36
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
He looks at Henal and Amara.  "Yeah, since he (and Melock) seem to head off into the Darkness each night, doing gods know what, perhaps we need to jump him each day.  Just to be sure."


With a cheeky smile, "I hope you're not thinking about knocking me out as well." Melock becomes a bit more serious, "Did anyone find out anything else that can help us find Delenda?"
GM
 GM, 11295 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 12:59
Re: New Pavis
Amara and Grundar explain how they and Becx with the their new Troll friends have managed to find out that in one weeks time Delenda will be auctioned off to the highest bidder at the Troll Break Market.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4001 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 13:47
Re: New Pavis
"So what's the plan, try another rescue, try to buy her, or do nothing? Assuming there is a plan of course."

"Or you plan on buying her, remember her ransom is 30 sable."

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:49, Wed 18 Apr 2018.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2891 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 16:01
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar shudders at the mention of possible rescue.

Steal her off the Uz on their own ground? With their spirits and magics flowing?
Nah. Just not sensible, much as I'd love to give their war god one in the eye after he stole my...ah...anyway.

I say we should bid. Um. Prices round here. Thirty Sables at...ah...yes. We could likely pay five hundred and still be up when the ransom's met. And that's if the beasts we get are only good for eating.


He looks over at Amara and Grundar. Did your information include what the bidding's been like lately?
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 650 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 20:58
Re: New Pavis
Temush speaks up, saying "I don't know that it helps, but I heard folks near the strange shrines say that the trolls in the Rubble are more of a threat now. They send raids to the place called Manside."

Pulling an awkward face, he hurries on 'What is our aim with this? do we think to make a buck at the buy low sell high game? I think Becx does not like such trade goods. If they are too strong to raid get her, then why do we not just tell the Sables the tale and let them bid for her ? It is a red face to own up that we had her and lost her, but that is how it went. Should we not face it? I beg your pardon Amara, I see you want to help a friend. But if they knew the score would her own clan not be more help to her than we can be?"
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3601 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 00:20
Re: New Pavis
Amara shook her head "The sables are matriarchal...and Delenda has gone against their traditions by renouncing the path chosen for her and taking her own. They have not come to terms with that yet...but we may well make blood enemies unless we can return Delenda unharmed. It...weakens our position as the Keepers of the Green and in all who might deal with us. It shows we are weak...and weak we may well be, but no-one will take us seriously." She sighed "I do not know what a right answer here might be. I only know I want my friend back regardless of the cost...and preferably before the week is up. What are relationships between the elves and trolls like? Is there a way we might leverage that? I feel sorry for my friend, but I feel that involving her clan might cause us no end of problems."
Kobal
 player, 2141 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 04:12
Re: New Pavis
"Firstly," says Kobal, "I think the safest option is to bid for Delenda at the auction.  I don't know where this Troll Break Market is, but I wager it's in the Big Rubble and there'll be lots of trolls about.  The odds of rescuing her with weapons and magic are low.  I wonder if our helping those two trolls a week ago will help us in any way."

He turns to Temush.  "As to what our aim is, well, she is a friend, at least to some of us.  Also, Delenda has dedicated herself to the Earth, whose cause we are also sworn to, and came from the Earth Temple with us, so that is another reason we should try to rescue her.  We can ask others for help, but I don't think we can surrender the duty to someone else."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4002 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 07:30
Re: New Pavis
"Aldryami and Uz hate each other, I know that from my time as an Enlo. This season i doubt you'll get any to help though, it is the time for trolls. Not unless you can persuade them that it'd be so surprising to the trolls that they'd certainly win"

Then to Amara's other point he responds. "The flip side of that is we get a reputation as an easy source of riches, just grab one of us and wait for the treasures to flow."
Melock
 player, 4662 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 07:47
Re: New Pavis
"It'll be easier to buy her back than fight all those trolls and we'll be able to look round their market and get some unusual gear."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 651 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 08:44
Re: New Pavis
Having listened to the explanations, Temush sounds less doubtful "Well if she can't count on her own clan to get her out then we should help. As Kobal says we ought to join up with the Earth priestesses here. We could pool our fund and have less folk to bid up the price. What can Becx find out on who else might aim to bid?"
GM
 GM, 11296 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 09:33
Re: New Pavis
As they talk the Rangers have crossed town and are now reaching the edge of Riverside...
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2892 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 11:09
Re: New Pavis
You've seen Troll Break, Kobal, even if you don't know its name Hoskar remarks. Remember that big gap in the old city walls as we were journeying here? That's the Break, and the market's inside there.

He looks round the group. I have my own reason for wanting to help Delenda too. Guilty about my past. If anyone can think of a way it might help, I might have a way to wangle a favour off Broosta for the information I gave her.

Seeing how far they've walked, he adds No Uz talk in there around Tassels the Dryad: the races definitely don't get on.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4003 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 11:26
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee glances at Amara "How do you know her clan knows her chosen path? Have you been talking to them?"

Then, realising where they are already, he smiles and greets a local who seems to know him by the returned greeting.
Kobal
 player, 2142 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 13:48
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee Shappa:
Then to Amara's other point he responds. "The flip side of that is we get a reputation as an easy source of riches, just grab one of us and wait for the treasures to flow."


"That's a good point," says Kobal.  He frowns.  "But..."  He tries to think things through.  "...most people have a ransom.  I don't think the fact that Delenda has a ransom make us seem weaker than most other people.  At least I hope so.  In any event, unless someone comes up with a better plan, I think bidding at the auction is the most likely to succeed."

"I guess we could see who wins the bid, and then jump them...?"

Hoskar Two-Feather:
You've seen Troll Break, Kobal, even if you don't know its name Hoskar remarks. Remember that big gap in the old city walls as we were journeying here? That's the Break, and the market's inside there.


"Ah okay.  That's quite a distance from where we are."  He nods.  "Are we going to be riding there?" he asks hopefully.  "Or will our mounts be too tempting to the trolls...?"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:50, Wed 18 Apr 2018.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4004 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 14:34
Re: New Pavis
"Which comes back to my first point" Ohanzee replies to Kobal "Her random is known to be 30 sable. we pay any more we are known as a soft touch."
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1660 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 16:28
Re: New Pavis
Henal says "for all the struggles we might have had with Delenda we should still pay the ransom or slave price. I would not be sure that we could fight the trolls instead so we are better to pay it.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2893 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 16:49
Re: New Pavis
Grinning broadly, Hoskar winks at Ohanzee and tries to angle towards him, Melock and Grundar. When he's in easy earshot of all three, he observes My valuation was for elderly meat beasts. Do you Ravens think we could get away with claiming the ransom was double or triple that? If we value the ransom as riding beasts or even trained animals we can spend a lot more and look like winners even if we're not.
Melock
 player, 4663 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 17:12
Re: New Pavis
Looking unusual serious and tense, "She's a fellow defender of the Earth. As far as I'm concerned, we should pay as much for her as we're willing to pay for one of us." Melock rolls his shoulders to relax them, "If any of you don't feel like paying, don't, I'm sure the rest of us can cover it, but have a long hard think on how upset that axe maiden might get when she finds out."
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1661 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 19:31
Re: New Pavis
Henal tries to lighten the mood "and for all the men remember what the axe sisters like to take for trophies"
Melock
 player, 4664 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 19:34
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Grinning broadly, Hoskar winks at Ohanzee and tries to angle towards him, Melock and Grundar. When he's in easy earshot of all three, he observes My valuation was for elderly meat beasts. Do you Ravens think we could get away with claiming the ransom was double or triple that? If we value the ransom as riding beasts or even trained animals we can spend a lot more and look like winners even if we're not.


He sighs, "Sorry Hoskar, didn't mean to ignore you. What quality of beast they bring will say a lot about how much they value Delenda, I'm sure you'd be better at taking them up than us Ravens, but while you are doing that, maybe they loose a few from the back of their herd." He chuckles, "No doubt it'll be an interesting day."

quote:
Henal tries to lighten the mood "and for all the men remember what the axe sisters like to take for trophies"


Melock nods, "and Henal knows as well as I do, how close we came to that fate ourselves."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 652 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 22:04
Re: New Pavis
Temush waves his hands around a bit. "Oh, I don't baulk at a price." he says "And in fact I like to goal that we fork out to get 'one of us' back. That's all fine if ours is the bid that wins. If it's not, well I don't want that to be 'cause we went at it half arsed. We need to check with Becx how those folk who have her run these things, make sure we don't put a foot wrong. But best not talk more of it now, bars have ears... "
Kobal
 player, 2143 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 08:16
Re: New Pavis
"Maybe we could sweeten any bid with a troop of trollkin.  Perhaps trolls would prefer trollkin to riding beasts," Kobal smiles at Amara.
GM
 GM, 11299 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 11:33
Re: New Pavis
The Rangers are soon winding their way deeper in to the quarter, where several locals wave at Ohanzee, whilst others stare at the nomads in distrust.

Grundar is able to point everyone in the right direction, heading through an alley by the side of the Teelo Norri temple and in to an L shaped courtyard.

Ahead is the doorway into Goldfang's Grotto, guarded by two heavy set goons and several potted palm trees. From the opening comes flashing lights and the ground shaking Duff Duff of the sound system...
Grundar
 Player, 162 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 12:35
Re: New Pavis
Grundar's all excited, You're going to love this place, it's amazing! There's dryads, ducks, dancers, fish, music, beer, everything! This is the place to be. Everything's in here, and when I say everything, he finishes with a wink I mean everything. He grins like an adolescent brave, which let's face it he was not so long ago. This is going to be so much fun, I tell you. If you don't mind, however, I might just stand in the middle after the last time I came here.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2894 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 15:30
Re: New Pavis
Fun? asks Hoskar with a grin. Thought as much. Hang onto your money, everyone.

How do we hear over that banging? Talk through familiars?

Grundar
 Player, 163 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 15:34
Re: New Pavis
Conversation? That's not what you come here for!
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3602 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 23:09
Re: New Pavis
Amara sighed, speaking quietly as she walked "Her clan had a path set in stone for her, as I once did. Delenda chose a different path, as I did. Should her clan pay her ransom and not us, then they may push her back onto that path as an obligation. We were the people that opened her path to a different way and she took it.... and not withstanding any more, she is my friend. I will do everything I have to, to see her safe and freed from obligation to her clan. Remember....she will be queen of her clan someday. She may well be the bridge between us and some of the sable clans when we try to reunite them. She's seen our work and knows the power of what we're doing." she shrugged "I mean... I'd prefer to get her from the Uz without bloodshed, but if I have to go through them to get her back, I will. Maybe if the aldryami are unwilling to help us, they might give us some ideas to improve our chances at negotiation for an early release." she looked around speaking more quietly "Remember her true worth is probably higher than Kobals. If there are a number of bids, there is only so high we might go."
Kobal
 player, 2146 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 06:13
Re: New Pavis
Amara Brightsky:
she looked around speaking more quietly "Remember her true worth is probably higher than Kobals. If there are a number of bids, there is only so high we might go."


"Higher than mine?  Ha!  I've been marked by the Khan of Khans himself!"  Kobal doesn't press the matter though.

At the Grotto, he peers through the doorway, past the goons.  Amazing indeed.  Weird.  "'Beer'?  Do they have kumiss?" he asks no one in particular.  He waits for Grundar or Hoskar to lead the way.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:14, Fri 20 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 11301 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 06:39
Re: New Pavis
Two sets of eyes bore into the assembled Rangers, and as Grundar steps forward one of them grabs his collar.

"Not you sunshine...Boss wants to have a little chat wiv youse. Rest of you in yer go, ladies' drinks are free. No fighting nor touching the staff.

Band's just started, it's the Tomorrow-Kanths and Mar-lean on vocals. Entrance is 5 clacks each...."

Kobal
 player, 2147 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 08:54
Re: New Pavis
Kobal thinks he can smell the scent of some weed coming from inside the Grotto.

He looks at Grundar.  "You going to need any help?"
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4007 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 09:28
Re: New Pavis
Keen to check out this den of anything you can want Ohanzee ignores Grundar's predicament and handing over the requested coins walks in to the place.

Pausing just inside the entrance he looks about taking in all with the eyes of a young brave and a Raven at that. Well sickly speaking with the eyes of a dead Enlo!
GM
 GM, 11304 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 12:27
Re: New Pavis
link to a message in this game

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:28, Fri 20 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 11354 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 10:40
Re: New Pavis
After Goldfangs

The Rangers are alone once more and are able to exchange news on the walk home....
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 670 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Tue 1 May 2018
at 12:01
Re: New Pavis
Your chap from the Moon ranks knows more of those scribes Hoskar asked of than he cares to tell... Temush says confidentially
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1673 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Tue 1 May 2018
at 19:43
Re: New Pavis
"Not really a surprise as they aren't our friends in the Lunar forces". Henal mutters.
Melock
 player, 4682 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 1 May 2018
at 19:49
Re: New Pavis
"Did anyone find out anything interesting while Grundar and me distracted those lying lunars?"
GM
 GM, 11359 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 06:34
Re: New Pavis
Looking around everyone notices that Ohanzee is gone...Again.
Grundar
 Player, 190 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 2 May 2018
at 09:55
Re: New Pavis
Yeah, I'd like to know if losing my winnings was worth it! exclaims Grundar, Also, one of the officers muttered in my ear something about an ostrich feather. He was a bit tipsy at the time. Does that mean anything to any of you? asks Grundar, before realising that Ohanzee is gone. Wasn't Ohanzee with you earlier?
Melock
 player, 4683 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 2 May 2018
at 12:17
Re: New Pavis
Melock pats Grundar on the shoulder, "It's only money," he double checks that he can't see Ohanzee and then shrugs, "I'm sure he's fine, it's not like he doesn't know were we're staying."
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1674 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 2 May 2018
at 12:26
Re: New Pavis
"He was with us when we left the bar. Maybe we need a spell for detect missing raven" Henal grunts.

To his dehori he communicates "Nod, did you see that other human that was with us go?"
Nod
 NPC, 0 posts
 Dehori spirit
Wed 2 May 2018
at 13:35
Re: New Pavis
Henal Longgrass:
"He was with us when we left the bar. Maybe we need a spell for detect missing raven" Henal grunts.

To his dehori he communicates "Nod, did you see that other human that was with us go?"

"He slipped off as we left the bar" replies the darkness spirit.

This message was last updated by the GM at 13:35, Wed 02 May 2018.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2915 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 2 May 2018
at 16:09
Re: New Pavis
Eyes not wholly focussed, Hoskar looks from Melock to Grundar and back. Sadly didn't get much from the distraction. Bit of business, but yon dryad was asking well more than Delenda's ransom to make garden introductions. Twigged it was a poor deal and pretty much said she could stick it in her knothole.

Being rather inconvenienced by drinks and inhalations, he spends some time red-faced in silent laughter at his own ghastly punning.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:12, Wed 02 May 2018.

Melock
 player, 4684 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 2 May 2018
at 18:34
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Hoskar Two-Feather (msg # 195):

Melock looks shocked, "I thought you could sweet talk anyone in to a good deal? Does that mean we're not welcome back there?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2916 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 2 May 2018
at 18:57
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 196):

Weeping and gasping with laughter, Hoskar somehow manages to cough out we...welcome...back. Okay deal but...no... ... ... intro...garden.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:03, Wed 02 May 2018.

Melock
 player, 4685 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 2 May 2018
at 19:28
Re: New Pavis
Melock smiles, "Condor will be proud of you tonight. Can you make it back to your mums, or do you need help?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2918 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 2 May 2018
at 19:53
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 198):

Can...walk. He gulps in air and hits a moment of lucidity. Don't  ask me to negotiate though. Aside from the laughter, he just seems a little unsteady.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 672 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 3 May 2018
at 07:15
Re: New Pavis
Grundar:
Yeah, I'd like to know if losing my winnings was worth it! exclaims Grundar, Also, one of the officers muttered in my ear something about an ostrich feather. He was a bit tipsy at the time. Does that mean anything to any of you? asks Grundar, before realising that Ohanzee is gone. Wasn't Ohanzee with you earlier?

'I sell some ostrich plumes to Becx this week' Temush says with a shrug, 'plumes are plumes, like Llama wool or Bison hair, they don't mean much as such. What is he saying?'
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2919 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 3 May 2018
at 07:25
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Temush Blinking-cloud (msg # 200):

Still shaking with mirth, Hoskar shakes his head too. Ostrich feathers? [hiccup] Not a clue.
Grundar
 Player, 191 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Thu 3 May 2018
at 14:26
Re: New Pavis
Ostrich feathers? While we were throwing the bones upstairs, I had the chance to chat privately to one of the Lunars. He whispered this strange tale in my ear about murders and stabbings in the Farmers' Quarters recently. He suspected it was a gang thing - I'll have to chat with the Dead Heads and see if they know anything, but bizarrely the last body was found clutching an ostrich feather. I would guess its meant to mean something, but it means nothing to me and he wouldn't tell me anymore. I just wondered if you'd picked up anything, although I suppose you're still new here and so guess probably not...
Grundar
 Player, 192 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Thu 3 May 2018
at 14:28
Re: New Pavis
Grundar turns to Temush, I would hate to think though that the body of the last was one of Becx's people, I hope it wasn't one of your feathers.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 674 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 3 May 2018
at 16:59
Re: New Pavis
One group in Goldfang's were talking about Famer's Quarter murders, but they gave it up when they saw me come past. Could it have to do with how those town folk got beat up there and tried to blame it on Kobal and Amara?
Grundar
 Player, 196 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Fri 4 May 2018
at 07:26
Re: New Pavis
When a moment presents itself, Grundar seeks out a moment to chat in private with Melock
GM
 GM, 11363 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 13:16
Re: New Pavis
The streets are emptying fast as Curfew approaches, and they are soon back at Bexc's place.
Melock
 player, 4686 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Fri 4 May 2018
at 16:21
Re: New Pavis
Grundar:
When a moment presents itself, Grundar seeks out a moment to chat in private with Melock


Melock smiles and nods.
Becx
 NPC, 27 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Sat 5 May 2018
at 04:21
Re: New Pavis
As they file into the house, the Rangers see Becx, she has just got in herself and looking up from her desk mentions  "Hoskar I ran into our friend Goodfeather today, he and his caravan were departing for Fig Lane. He wishes you well and said his invitation to stay on the way to the Pairing stones still stands."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:05, Sat 05 May 2018.

Grundar
 Player, 197 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Mon 7 May 2018
at 19:37
Re: New Pavis
Goodfeather? starts Grundar, Did you say Goodfeather? I've erm, heard of him. Sorry, I'm butting in... He slinks back to the rear of the group.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3606 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 7 May 2018
at 22:48
Re: New Pavis
Amara remained silent on the walk back to Becx's place but when they arrived she held the group back for a moment. "Or perhaps there are some of an ostrich tribe exacting vengeance for some slight. Perhaps even what might remain of the big pecker clan?"
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 676 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Mon 7 May 2018
at 23:05
Re: New Pavis
At the back of the group Grundar finds Temush regarding him in the shadow of Kobal's back. "But what  have you heard? I muse... " the Pygmy says, sotto voce, literally chewing over his question as the  zana root in his mouth migrates from side to side "There is that which gives me pause on the point of Goodfeather Goldenbeak."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2920 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 8 May 2018
at 08:57
Re: New Pavis
Red-faced, Hoskar blinks owlishly in the room's light.

Thankyou he manages. I fook lorwa...look forward to seeing him again.

Still redder, he adds sorry. Drank a bit much this evening. To seal a deal.
Grundar
 Player, 199 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Tue 8 May 2018
at 13:40
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Temush Blinking-cloud (msg # 211):

Grundar looks at Temush flustered. Goodfeather? Nothing! Well, no, not nothing. What I mean is, you know, I err. Look Goldfang mentioned him. Nothing else. Honest. Sort of.
Becx
 NPC, 28 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Tue 8 May 2018
at 14:52
Re: New Pavis

Hoskar Two-Feather:
Red-faced, Hoskar blinks owlishly in the room's light.

Thankyou he manages. I fook lorwa...look forward to seeing him again.

Still redder, he adds sorry. Drank a bit much this evening.


"Well not much has changed then."


Hoskar Two-Feather:
To seal a deal.


"Issaries be blessed"
Grundar:
In reply to Temush Blinking-cloud (msg # 211):

Grundar looks at Temush flustered. Goodfeather? Nothing! Well, no, not nothing. What I mean is, you know, I err. Look Goldfang mentioned him. Nothing else. Honest. Sort of.


Becx raises an eyebrow at this but says nothing.
GM
 GM, 11370 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 14:54
Re: New Pavis
It doesn't look like Ohanzee is coming home tonight and in any case he's missed the curfew. It's still possible to sit up on the roof if folks want , though it is a cold night.

On the morrow there's a meeting with one of the Garhound clan at Geo's.
Melock
 player, 4688 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:32
Re: New Pavis
Grundar:
Goodfeather? starts Grundar, Did you say Goodfeather? I've erm, heard of him. Sorry, I'm butting in... He slinks back to the rear of the group.


Melock stumbles slightly as Grundar passes him and frowns. Though his smile does return when he hears his fellow Raven struggle to answer Temush, "Maybe think before you answer a Sun Hawk."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 677 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Tue 8 May 2018
at 19:28
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
Grundar:
Goodfeather? starts Grundar, Did you say Goodfeather? I've erm, heard of him. Sorry, I'm butting in... He slinks back to the rear of the group.


Melock stumbles slightly as Grundar passes him and frowns. Though his smile does return when he hears his fellow Raven struggle to answer Temush, "Maybe think before you answer a Sun Hawk."

'If drinking were thinking then topers would guide' Temush parrots unhelpfully, returning Melock's smile 'but life would be quite a bore if the whole world just did things the smart way don't you think?'
Melock
 player, 4690 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 8 May 2018
at 19:39
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
'If drinking were thinking then topers would guide' Temush parrots unhelpfully, returning Melock's smile 'but life would be quite a bore if the whole world just did things the smart way don't you think?'


"Yes." Looking round at the others, "Anyone fancy a couple of drinks on the roof?"
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1676 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Tue 8 May 2018
at 20:43
Re: New Pavis
"I'll come up to the roof" Henal says and gets his cloak with the pattern of the big eared trunked beast.

"You coming up too cats?"
Grundar
 Player, 200 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Tue 8 May 2018
at 20:53
Re: New Pavis
I think I need one, mutters Grundar, unusually moody...
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 678 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Tue 8 May 2018
at 21:17
Re: New Pavis
'Hoskar, I meant to ask, Temush says 'I am payed to paint a scene of the Pavis temple but I find it not so clear how to paint Pavis as it was in Temple Court with the rest. Could you get me in to talk to one of the priests?
Melock
 player, 4691 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 8 May 2018
at 21:38
Re: New Pavis
"Mistress Becx, would you like to join us for a drink on your roof?" He nudges Grundar, "Though I had the idea, could you lead the way?" Melock grabs a couple of skins of kumis and passes one to Grundar. "Does anyone want to hear how I managed to ride a unicorn?"
Grundar
 Player, 201 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 9 May 2018
at 11:14
Re: New Pavis
Grundar grabs a skin from Melock and looks at him quizzically, What, oh, ok, of course  With that he heads on up, taking a cheeky ship on the way.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 679 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 9 May 2018
at 11:21
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
"Mistress Becx, would you like to join us for a drink on your roof?" He nudges Grundar, "Though I had the idea, could you lead the way?" Melock grabs a couple of skins of kumis and passes one to Grundar. "Does anyone want to hear how I managed to ride a unicorn?"

Temush puts his hand over his eyes for a moment, but joins the group headed for the roof
Becx
 NPC, 29 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Wed 9 May 2018
at 13:03
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
"Mistress Becx, would you like to join us for a drink on your roof?" He nudges Grundar, "Though I had the idea, could you lead the way?" Melock grabs a couple of skins of kumis and passes one to Grundar. "Does anyone want to hear how I managed to ride a unicorn?"


"Why not? I've had a busy day and plan nothing tomorrow. I think you can go first though....Hoskar, Give your mother a hand up the ladder will you?"

She winks at Melock and Henal.

"And the rest of you. You can tell me all about your evening...Temush you can sit next to me, there's some cushions in the back room you can carry up. Kobal you bring that rug for us to sit on. Amara some lamps over there, yes that's them.

Oh my it seems like Grundar is in a rush, was it something I said?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:03, Wed 09 May 2018.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 680 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 9 May 2018
at 19:32
Re: New Pavis
Temush fetches an unfeasibly large selection of cushions and makes a big production of plumping some up for Becx waiting for her approval before flopping down beside her. He presents her with a decorated scrap of parchment 'As I tell Hoskar just now, I sell my scene of Temple court, but I bear in mind you say you wish to see some of my work.'

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:08, Thu 10 May 2018.

Melock
 player, 4692 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 9 May 2018
at 20:46
Re: New Pavis
Melock makes himself comfortable on some of the cushions Temush brings up and after a quick mouthful of kumis, he passes the skin over to Becx. As Melock does so, he glances at the parchment Temush is showing her, "That's really good Temush."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 681 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 9 May 2018
at 21:16
Re: New Pavis
Temush snorts 'The art is to have folks want to praise the brush not the muse. It seems to have worked. But I do not mean to steal the roof from your tale. I meet you all just as it ends so I would like to hear it all from the start. Tell us, Melock, about the beast from the green.'
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2923 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 10 May 2018
at 07:31
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Temush Blinking-cloud (msg # 221):

Having handed his mother up to the roof as steadily as he can manage, Hoskar sits rater heavily and finally focusses enough to offer Temush a reply.

You know, I think I might he grins. Broosta was rather pleased with me last week. Might have an in there.

Sorry. Bad timing. Melock, you were saying?

Becx
 NPC, 30 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Thu 10 May 2018
at 10:11
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
Temush fetches an unfeasibly large selection of cushions and makes a big production of plumping some up for Becx waiting for her approval before flopping down beside her. He presents her with a decorated scrap of parchment 'As I tell Hoskar just now, I sell my scene of Temple court, but I bear in mind you say you wish to see some of my work.'

Becx is obviously very pleased and even deigns to give the diminutive brave a short hug "Thank you I shall treasure this. You have quite a talent. Do you plan to pursue it full time? Temple court, mmm, I hope you captured it before the Lunars defaced the Wind Temple's walls?"
Grundar
 Player, 203 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:28
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Becx (msg # 225):

Sort of. I'll explain in a bit. Perhaps after Melock's told his unicorn story - don't want to get in the way of that one!
Melock
 player, 4694 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 10 May 2018
at 17:32
Re: New Pavis
Seeing all eyes on him, Melock briefly becomes nervous, but then he shakes his shoulders and calms down, "My tale starts as the Rangers last headed home. We had left the trading post behind us and were making good time, when we met an ill unicorn rider, who we offered aid to, but she was too ill, so we decided to take her back to the tribe to see if our shamans could do anything for her."
Melock's eyes briefly focus on a nearby roof top, before he blinks rapidly and his gaze returns to the others, "At this point we spotted riders approaching us, so we prepared ourselves for a fight. Luckily they were fellow bison riders. Among their number was a brave called Choway Black Fingers a follower of Raven, " He looks at Grundar, "You might know her, she spends a lot of time in Pavis. Once we settled round the fire, Choway offers me and Ohanzee a drink. This drink turned Ohanzee completely indigo and me, well, I became invisible."
Melock looks round at everyone, as if daring them to say it wasn't so, "Never being one to miss an opportunity, I quietly got up and ran over to the unicorn and jumped on it's back," he shakes his head, "I've never had to hold on so tight when I've ridden a beast, but I managed to and let me tell you it was amazing. I stayed on for what seemed like an hour, but then my grip failed and next thing I know, the others have found me and have healed me."
Becx
 NPC, 31 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Thu 10 May 2018
at 18:27
Re: New Pavis
Through the tale, Becx has looked direct into Melock's eyes as if trying to see to the back of his skull. Yet anyone upon whom her gaze was not fixed would probably only see casual interest.

Remarkable she notes in a voice like brushed velvet. And singular. Teach men that skill and you have a fortune. But I have trouble placing the tale. Which trading post east of the river would that be, then?
Melock
 player, 4696 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 10 May 2018
at 18:56
Re: New Pavis
Rubbing the back of his head, Melock smiles, "It's disused and of a great age, we saw things that we think were made by dwarfs." grinning cheekily, "I'm not sure I could describe it's location easily. We found it by chance."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2924 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 10 May 2018
at 19:18
Re: New Pavis
Trying to catch no-one's eye, Hoskar fills a pipe of tobakeh and sets about lighting it.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 684 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 10 May 2018
at 19:47
Re: New Pavis
It's odd the beast did not kill you. It may be that it sensed that the group had tried tried to help. We saw no more of it?

I did see the falling star when she died.

Melock
 player, 4697 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 10 May 2018
at 20:36
Re: New Pavis
"If it had seen me, it surely would have." his face drops, "I did not know such a thing had happened." Melock reaches over and grabs the nearest skin of kumis and drains half of it, then slumps back in the cushions.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 685 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 10 May 2018
at 21:05
Re: New Pavis
'I do not set up for a lore man, but I do not think that you should fear any blame in her death. When she goes, her mount will have left. It is said that the beasts can heal a lot of things, For one of their tribe to be found sick Malia must have been strong there. It was brave to take her to the tribe. More brave than wise one might say.' he shrugs and grimaces at such a hard nosed view 'You tried. As for drink, well it makes folk do strange things. That's what my old Kahn used to say. He would not touch a drop. ...wise old bird' Temush rubs his eye with the heel of his left hand and he too slumps in his cushions. 'These are nice' he says after a moment. ' where do they come from?'
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3609 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Fri 11 May 2018
at 03:15
Re: New Pavis
"Mark my words. That wasn't a good or funny thing that happened then. It was a tragedy and we'll all be worse off for it. There will be a reckoning for that one day, and we might all pay the price for your foolishness"
Becx
 NPC, 32 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Fri 11 May 2018
at 07:47
Re: New Pavis
Becx gestures to Hoskar to pass that pipe he's been working at and takes a single long drag when she gets it. For a few heartbeats, wisps of tobakeh smoke emerge from her nose. As she passes it back, she exhales. At least you've not been smoking anything else in here, lad. She coughs just the once. Rocks in my throat and yours tomorrow very likely, but I see you're learning not to spill the beans on everything to your old mum.

She actually looks rather pleased to find out she'd not been told every detail before.

Temush Blinking-cloud:
'These are nice' he says after a moment. ' where do they come from?'


Oh those? Away east where they worship dragons and idols. Came in a shipment with an interesting statue. You can have one if you like. I really do like that painting and it's about time I sent another caravan out east. Just wish I had a way round their damn rapacious customs posts.

Amara Brightsky:
"Mark my words. That wasn't a good or funny thing that happened then. It was a tragedy and we'll all be worse off for it. There will be a reckoning for that one day, and we might all pay the price for your foolishness"


Raising an eyebrow, Becx nods. Her lips purse and eyes half-close with a calculating expression. She glances briefly at Melock. I won't. Might well be in profit even. She's right though. You lot had best take care.
Melock
 player, 4698 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Fri 11 May 2018
at 10:35
Re: New Pavis
Melock takes big gulps of kumis and avoids everyone's eyes.
Grundar
 Player, 204 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Fri 11 May 2018
at 11:18
Re: New Pavis
Grundar recognises Melock's sudden awkwardness and in a unusual momentary lapse into thoughtfulness decides it would be good to save him from any further attention. This also helps him make up his mind and rather than waiting for some promised information, he dives in, opening his big mouth and probably shoving his sandaled foot right in it...

Thanks for the story Melock, that's quite a tale! I've got a story too, and I think I need your help. He looks around making sure he has everyone's attention. Before we met, I was involved in a little bit of fun at Goldfangs. It's a long story. As part of my drive to take over the Deadheads, I thought I'd show them that I was worth their following - long story - and so I got them to set up a game for me. At Goldfangs. With fighting fish. Using my famous skills to make friends, contacts and generally come out on top, I naturally had the best fish, caught all the other competitors by surprise and cleared them out. You should have seen it. Magnificent. He beams and looks around expecting to see looks of admiration returned. Of course, that did mean in a rather rapid departure so that they didn't extract back their coins. Of course I laid low for a while, avoiding the joint until the other day when, as you saw, Goldfang decided to have a chat. Inevitably, he sees things my way, and we're now in partnership - he recognises talent when he sees it!

But here's the thing. He things he's got me working for him. Couldn't be further from the truth. He want's me to acquire something from this duck, Goodfeather. But don't worry! I know he's a friend of yours. I'm most certainly not going to rob from a friend, that's not how it works. No, it's time for me to teach that smug little Mr Goldfang a little lesson of his own and drop him in it. And this is where I need your help, and a little inspiration, as I've not decided how to do it yet. I know I will do it and I know I will come out on top, and I'm sure if you help me, you will enjoy the benefits of that too! What do you think - are you in?

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2926 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 11 May 2018
at 11:43
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar half grins, but bites his lip at the same time.

Pointy's a smart customer, and he's said he'll sponsor me for Issaries initiation so don't expect me to try and 'tyrie him. But if it'll profit us and him, and amuse him into the bargain, we'll likely get somewhere. If that's the idea, I'm probably "in".

You did hear the Duck's off back to Fig Lane, didn't you?

Grundar
 Player, 206 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Fri 11 May 2018
at 11:50
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Hoskar Two-Feather (msg # 243):

Excellent! I take it by Pointy you mean Goodfeather? Yes, I was told I would find him in Fig Lane and that some baboons around there would fill me in on what it is I'm supposed to be lifting for 'Mr Goldfang'. He also gave me this he flashes a gold tooth he's got pocketed away So that they'd know I was genuine. So, is everybody else in? Should be fun and bag us a profit to boot.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 687 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Fri 11 May 2018
at 12:42
Re: New Pavis
Becx:
Oh those? Away east where they worship dragons and idols. Came in a shipment with an interesting statue. You can have one if you like. I really do like that painting and it's about time I sent another caravan out east. Just wish I had a way round their damn rapacious customs posts.

It will be good to have a thing that brings Becx to mind out in the wastes, but I fear it might not stand up to the way me may have to ride trial. Is it rude to ask you to find room for it for when I will be in town? The short time I am here has been good to me, there is an air of peace or ...I don't know what. I should like to come back,'  Temush smiles and raises an eyebrow and there are those here that may take a sketch or some pitch else from me.


Grundar:
Excellent! I take it by Pointy you mean Goodfeather? Yes, I was told I would find him in Fig Lane and that some baboons around there would fill me in on what it is I'm supposed to be lifting for 'Mr Goldfang'. He also gave me this he flashes a gold tooth he's got pocketed away So that they'd know I was genuine. So, is everybody else in? Should be fun and bag us a profit to boot.

Temush stares at Grundar head on one side (a posture Peevt mimics with knobs on) 'Are you sure you can tell black from gold Raven? you have a most Sun Hawk like way of drumming up a crew for your scheme. I will try to help you out, but do not ask me to lie, or to stretch the truth too far 'cross the gaps in this case.'
Grundar
 Player, 207 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Fri 11 May 2018
at 13:21
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
Temush stares at Grundar head on one side (a posture Peevt mimics with knobs on) 'Are you sure you can tell black from gold Raven?

Can I tell black from gold? Of course, black is where I hide in order to get the gold! Gold is what I spend.

quote:
you have a most Sun Hawk like way of drumming up a crew for your scheme. I will try to help you out, but do not ask me to lie, or to stretch the truth too far 'cross the gaps in this case.'

I'll take that as a complement. I think. Don't worry, he winks towards Melock, I won't ask you to lie, I'll leave that to the experts!
Melock
 player, 4699 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Fri 11 May 2018
at 14:23
Re: New Pavis
Melock grunts in reply to Grundar's comment and finishes off the kumis and burps loudly.
Becx
 NPC, 33 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Fri 11 May 2018
at 16:03
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Temush Blinking-cloud (msg # 245):

Becx looks quizzically at Temush.

Not sure, but I think we might be on different scrolls.

I'm definitely keeping the picture with thanks. Hang it in my bargaining room, I expect. I'll even knock its likely value off an unusually modest finders fee for any orders from interested parties. Think I rather like you. Truth is so refreshing.

Just thought you might like the cushion you admired. Softer than a saddle.


She runs a hand through her hair. Years since I smoked anything. Even tobakeh. Should have known it would do my conversation no good.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 688 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Fri 11 May 2018
at 17:41
Re: New Pavis
Temush's other eyebrow mimics the first one.'Oh, I hope not' he says.
It was not a sketch done to sell and there is only one else to whom I might part with it - by your leave Hoskar...
He borrows Hoskars pipe for a drag and coughs a little more than the others before giving it back.
'The Old Man does like a peace pipe though... if you could take care of this boon from the east for me that will be more than fair. I want to take it with me but I fear it will come to grief in the wastes, and that will make me sad. As for the truth, it's not so great a load as some make out. It lays me by the heels at times it is true ha,ha, and it could be a flaw in the sales game but I may paint a scene or two and ask you to sell them if there is time while we are here.'
Becx
 NPC, 34 posts
 Issaries Rune Priestess
Fri 11 May 2018
at 22:06
Re: New Pavis
Becx's gaze briefly goes faraway, looking right past the company. Leave what you will Temush. We are understanding one another after all. Time passes. Seems I forget a moment what it is to be new-minted and storing things up for tomorrow instead of using or selling them today.

She gestures for and is passed the pipe again. This time she coughs twice. Not that I am ready for the long caravan to the bridge yet before some cheeky bugger suggests it.

So Grundar. Itchy feet and moving on after...actually Goodfeathers used to find that being called Pointy got right up his bill...are you? Hope they've told you what you're getting into. I count three who have died and come back already and if Hoskar and friends are just mooching about without some purpose but in company with as powerful a spirit as has been in my house for some time then I'll be a baboon's aunt.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:19, Fri 11 May 2018.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 690 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Fri 11 May 2018
at 23:23
Re: New Pavis
Temush brow creases and he bows his head a bit, It seems as though he is going to say something but nothing comes out.
Melock
 player, 4700 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sat 12 May 2018
at 10:22
Re: New Pavis
Becx:
She gestures for and is passed the pipe again. This time she coughs twice. Not that I am ready for the long caravan to the bridge yet before some cheeky bugger suggests it.


His voice still full of gloom, <Blue>'I've crossed that bridge both ways, and helped the Earth Goddess." Melock drops the empty skin on the floor, "but I'm not rushing to cross it again."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 691 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sat 12 May 2018
at 14:06
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
His voice still full of gloom, 'I've crossed that bridge both ways, and helped the Earth Goddess." Melock drops the empty skin on the floor, "but I'm not rushing to cross it again."


Temush sniffs and recovers his half smile 'My, my, we sure know how to throw a bash!' he says, inspecting his cushion in detail 'I hope we've brought you our full share of good cheer, Becx'
GM
 GM, 11377 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 15:27
Re: New Pavis
Waterday....

Midnight comes and with it a shower of rain to herald in the new day.
Melock
 player, 4702 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 13 May 2018
at 10:34
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
Temush sniffs and recovers his half smile 'My, my, we sure know how to throw a bash!' he says, inspecting his cushion in detail 'I hope we've brought you our full share of good cheer, Becx'


"You're right Temush." Melock shakes himself and stretches, "apologies Becx, normally I'm happier company, must be that lunar gin at Goldfangs." he looks to the sky when it starts to rain, "I think it's time to call an end to this day." Melock stands with a slight wobble, "Good night all." he walks slow down stairs and heads to his bedroll.
GM
 GM, 11603 posts
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 14:02
Re: New Pavis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week after the Eiritha holy day and the initiation of Grundar in to the Wandering Rangers

GM
 GM, 11604 posts
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 14:10
Re: New Pavis
Clayday, Stasis Week, Dark Season.

The Rangers have been busy, collecting rumours, spreading coin and gathering help for the Troll Market on the following Freezeday, in five days time.

Amara had several Axe sisters who had promised to accompany her on the day, half a dozen vingan warriors eager to test their mettle against the dark folk and finally the Enlo of the Fire brigade.

Ohanzee had secured a bunch of Uroxi, who if they actually turned up might help or hinder the plan.

As for the others they were sat around the long table of the bar, explaining what they'd been up to.

That and commenting on the fact that their local friendly street gang had just renamed themselves the Blood Runners and seemed to have secured a pack of ferocious Rubble Runners that was now terrorising the neighbourhood.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4187 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 19:12
Re: New Pavis
At the mention of the Blood Runners and their new found pack there is a sound that is likely as close as a Rubble Runner could make to sniggering that comes from the below the table where Ohanzee's own new found friend, a jet black Rubble Runner is chewing on a bone.

"Really?" the Raven brave says in a surprisingly good impression of, well, surprise and he then changes the topic "Nice place the Stomp 'n' Brew, don't you think?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:14, Tue 19 Mar 2019.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3009 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 15:13
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar winks broadly at Salen on hearing his comment. You get a decent kumiss and a sore head, for sure. he shakes his head a little keeps me confused on whether I'm in here or out there, of course. Ho hum.

Anyway, how's it going? Getting useful information out of mother's on what's going on in the old city is rather like extracting teeth from a live Rubble Runner, but I've more been trying to work out what to do about that vision of mine. You know. The harpy with the heads hanging down. Had a word with the greybeards...

Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1728 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 13:00
Re: New Pavis
Henal smiles at the sound of the rubble runner and asks "Not one of your fingers he's chewed off is it Ohanzee?"

Then he takes a drink and looks serious. "I was glad I went to the Greybeards to see what they could tell me about the troll's fortress"
Melock
 player, 4918 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 19:22
Re: New Pavis
Melock nods at Ohanzee's words and looks round the pub they are in, "Not bad, though I'm still not keen on the brick walls, I miss the bison hide tents, and don't get me started on the smell, worse than being at the back of the herd after the first rains." He smiles at Hoskar, "I didn't think she was that easy going."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3011 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 21:37
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 261):

Having paused to take a pull on his drink, Hoskar's eyes widen. For a moment he struggles with indrawn breath then splutters, the local brew trickling from his nose as his eyes water too. Nothing but shaking coughs and laughter can be got from him for some time. Eventually, he wipes his eyes and husks Not your first day, is it. Tight as Pointy's arse usually.

At least with brick walls no-one is sneaking in with a handy knife through the tent and sticking it up you.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:40, Thu 21 Mar 2019.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 781 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:01
Re: New Pavis
Temush sips his kumis while the others report, frowning when Melock jokes about their host , and then adds "I asked my Dwarf pal if they had old maps of the Troll part of town but he says there are tests you have to pass to get the use of one, and I just start to learn the map arts from him, so no luck there. But I met a man in the main square, Durdath by name who asked about my shield. He works for the Sundown trader Thrandren and I traded him a sketch of a wall decoration from... a certain solar site, for some information"
Salen Dustchaser
 player, 1435 posts
 Bison Clan
 Condor
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 17:36
Re: New Pavis
"Well the nymph is at the Giant Finger Holes now, the water will be cleansed. Now I can get back to proper Rangering. What did the greybeards have to say? I remember the harpy from what you said before..."

Salen lights up a pipe, because there was never a bad time for a smoke.

"It'll make this local swill taste...well, less worse..."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4188 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 20:03
Re: New Pavis
"Well I hope Bisud'dha Pani doesn't take offence at the newcomer" Ohanzee remarks at Salen's words "'cos she's powerful enough to have survived the Chaos all this time and kept at least some of her water clean all that time."

He smiles "At least I can talk to her now, see how she can be freed."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 08:31, Tue 26 Mar 2019.

GM
 GM, 11607 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 08:00
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Anyway, how's it going? Getting useful information out of mother's on what's going on in the old city is rather like extracting teeth from a live Rubble Runner, but I've more been trying to work out what to do about that vision of mine. You know. The harpy with the heads hanging down. Had a word with the greybeards...</Blue>


The Greybeards had shown uninterest in Hoskar's queries, mainly to do with his obvious ties to Praxians, but this soon changed with a combination of sharp words, coin and some clever name dropping.

Passed from apprentice to Sage and then gradually more senior ones, Hoskar at last found himself pouring over several old scrolls with an elderly Woman, whose beard was quite spectacular in it's tardiness.
GM
 GM, 11608 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 08:03
Re: New Pavis
Henal Longgrass:
Henal smiles at the sound of the rubble runner and asks "Not one of your fingers he's chewed off is it Ohanzee?"

Then he takes a drink and looks serious. "I was glad I went to the Greybeards to see what they could tell me about the troll's fortress"


Henal's work was far easier. Money was paid and information given. The most updated news was that the Troll lands was in turmoil, with power games between the various clans. War was brewing for sure. As for the Zorak Zorani? No one was sure exactly where he was based, though there was a well known temple to the dark lord deep within the ruins there. Some said in a desecrated Sun Temple.
GM
 GM, 11609 posts
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 08:07
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
Temush sips his kumis while the others report, frowning when Melock jokes about their host , and then adds "I asked my Dwarf pal if they had old maps of the Troll part of town but he says there are tests you have to pass to get the use of one, and I just start to learn the map arts from him, so no luck there. But I met a man in the main square, Durdath by name who asked about my shield. He works for the Sundown trader Thrandren and I traded him a sketch of a wall decoration from... a certain solar site, for some information"


The Trader had mentioned that the Count was worried about the power of the trolls and the increased frequency of their raids. Omens had spoken about a desecrated Sun Temple and a captured earth goddess who was to be violated by the Dark god.

He'd heard rumours of a powerful Yelornan heroquest building up in the Rubble and that an elf had been seen out of season, walking through the ruins bathed in fire.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3012 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 09:04
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Hoskar winks broadly at Salen on hearing his comment. You get a decent kumiss and a sore head, for sure. he shakes his head a little keeps me confused on whether I'm in here or out there, of course. Ho hum.

Anyway, how's it going? Getting useful information out of mother's on what's going on in the old city is rather like extracting teeth from a live Rubble Runner, but I've more been trying to work out what to do about that vision of mine. You know. The harpy with the heads hanging down. Had a word with the greybeards...


...although takes me some time and coin, Salen, and I get nowhere without mentioning how Broosta thanks me for some knowledge they ignored, I think I have something useful. Interesting enough the greybeards went from uncaring to...I am not quite sure how to describe it. Still guarded but there is something behind the eyes. Fear perhaps, or maybe anger that is held tight hold of.

Their scrolls have much to make a man cold down to his boots. The sort of chill that makes Repe Sorsa look positively welcome. Soul stealers with living heads, still conscious of what they have been and are no longer, in the pain of control like that time
he visibly shudders I am under the power of that jack-headed bear thing. No will, just the knowledge of thralldom to a foul bidding.

Issaries grant us all that we fall not into such slavery, yet Condor grants I can take us to that thing one day.

What is useful, though, is the story. I can tell it, but maybe in private and later. For now, it is enough that those Storm Bulls sold me their tunnel map. Temple to temple in the rubble. It is seeming they miss the source of the chaos they destroy in those old Mostali tunnels. There may be a clue down there. Something to give us an edge, or maybe take our lives from us. The little fellows tunnel into a thing best left buried and sealed if what I read is true. Left there for the world's ending from before the city stands.


He shrugs.

We need to talk. Might be worth us looking at Issaries' old temple on the way to deliver that seed after all.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:05, Tue 26 Mar 2019.

Grundar
 Player, 303 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 10:56
Re: New Pavis
Grundar enters, waving farewell to some of his friends in the Deadheads Blood Runners, 'See you later!'

Turning to face the rest of the Rangers he plonks himself on a stool beside them, stroking  'Those rubble runners sure are fun, you should have seen their faces in the market when they poked their faces over the table!' At this a snout pokes out of his shoulder bag, sniffs and retreats, a titbit taken from Grundar's fingers.

He spots Salen seated there. 'I'm Grundar. I don't believe we've met yet, but I take it you're another Ranger? I'm the newcomer. Still learning the ropes but having a blast doing so. I don't suppose you've seen a female Rhino rider on your travels have you? My sister ...got separated from me. She's younger, wiry and with a fearsome sense of humour. You'd remember her if you'd seen her.'
Melock
 player, 4919 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 21:40
Re: New Pavis
Melock listens to the others news with interest. He leans forwards when Temush mentions the unicorn riders and looks like he's about to say something, but changes his mind. Melock welcomes Grundar with a smile and a drink, "Grundar, this is Salen, Salen this is Grundar. Another Raven." He chuckles to himself.
Grundar
 Player, 304 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 21:53
Re: New Pavis
Another Raven, fantastic, just think of the fun we can have! Unlike Melock, he fails to keep his chuckle to himself... Three is much more fun than two. So Salen, what are you drinking? Can I get you another...
Melock
 player, 4922 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:07
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Grundar (msg # 272):

Melock shakes his head, "No, Salen's a Condor, I was letting him know about you." he burps, "I think I need to ease up on the drinking."
Salen Dustchaser
 player, 1436 posts
 Bison Clan
 Condor
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:14
Re: New Pavis
While Hoskar relates all that he has learned Salen sits and smokes, inhaling all that information and wisdom. He nods at appropriate points, narrows his eyes at others, and looks impassive over all. A final nod and a pass of the pipe allows him opportunity to reply.

"Indeed we do. I'll be with you all the way."

Just then one of the newer Rangers came up and introduced himself, with a little 'help' from Melock.

"Well met, Brother Grundar. I am a fellow Ranger, one from near the beginning although I've been off on a mission in recent times. Sorry to say I haven't met your sister, though by the sounds of her I should look forward to it!

As I'm sure you've discovered, life is never dull with this lot - not much chance of that with all you blooming Ravens around. What is the term for a group of Ravens, Melock? An unkindness? A murder? A mockery? Primal Chaos??

I'll have another beer, Grundar...Hoskar, pass me that pipe back quick, while I get my head around more Ravens..."

Melock
 player, 4923 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:20
Re: New Pavis
He shrugs, "A party? a merriment? An embarrassment?"
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3721 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 03:23
Re: New Pavis
Amara arrived at the bar with a small cohort of warriors at her side. She ignored the boys and their fripperies as she talked to the warriors she brought with her about the seriousness of their task and the enemies they might face.
Melock
 player, 4924 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 06:33
Re: New Pavis
Melock watches Amara arrive and stands up, then calls to her, "Amara, come sit with us, we've saved you a seat. I've missed you this last week, what have you been up to, who are your new friends?"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:03, Wed 27 Mar 2019.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4189 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 09:20
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee watches Amara walk in and smiles as he does so, seeing all the good in the fiery redheaded woman and past that, the Earth Queen.
Njala
 NPC, 1 post
 Rubble Runner
 Spirit
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 09:23
Re: New Pavis
Sensing something of Ohanzee's feelings the Rubble runner looks up, something it hadn't bothered to do for the arrival of anything else.

There is a chittering sound, something like a laugh "Special one to you hmm?"
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1730 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 09:24
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
He shrugs, "A party? a merriment? An embarrassment?"

Henal guffaws "An embarrasment certainly fits what you lot bring us".
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4190 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 09:26
Re: New Pavis
The young raven brave flushes and then shifts in his seat to look at Salen accidentally kicking the creature and earning a nip in response.

"A gathering of Ravens is beyond defining with names or words."
Grundar
 Player, 306 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 09:27
Re: New Pavis
Henal Longgrass:
Henal guffaws "An embarrasment certainly fits what you lot bring us".


No, Grundar replies with a hint of mischief, it's a ruckus surely. A Ruckus of Ravens...

GM
 GM, 11610 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 09:34
Re: New Pavis
Another round of drinks and food is noisily slammed down on the table by the owner.

"Come on pay up!" he hollers, snapping his fat fingers in annoyance.

Just then a large group of boisterous folk barge in, knocking over stools and spilling drinks.

Uroxi! and they know Ohanzee

"Oi sexy boy!" shouts one towering woman as she makes a beeline for the Raven follower...
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4191 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 10:16
Re: New Pavis
"Sheela!" Ohanzee exclaims his eyes darting to Amaraand then away quickly hoping not to catch the disappointment that was inevitable in hers.

"Good to see you all, drink?"
Grundar
 Player, 307 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 10:55
Re: New Pavis
GM:
"Oi sexy boy!" shouts one towering woman as she makes a beeline for the Raven follower...


Grundar looks up hopefully, even starting to stand, before seeing the identity of the speaker and his brain catching up with his hormones. He sits down quickly hoping no one noticed.
Sheela
 NPC, 5 posts
 High Llama
 StormBull
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 11:10
Re: New Pavis
The woman sees Grundar's reaction and grabs his arse as she passes.

"Always room for one more"

Then she's pulling Ohanzee into a lover's embrace to the cheers of her motley crew of warriors.

As one they draw up stools and benches to join the Rangers.

"Drink?" she booms once Ohanzee is released. The brave gets a punch in the arm for answer...
Melock
 player, 4925 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 11:11
Re: New Pavis
GM:
Another round of drinks and food is noisily slammed down on the table by the owner.

"Come on pay up!" he hollers, snapping his fat fingers in annoyance.


Melock digs in to his money pouch and passes the owner 10 lunars, "Is this enough?"
GM
 GM, 11611 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 11:15
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
GM:
Another round of drinks and food is noisily slammed down on the table by the owner.

"Come on pay up!" he hollers, snapping his fat fingers in annoyance.


Melock digs in to his money pouch and passes the owner 10 lunars, "Is this enough?"


The owner looks at the enlarged group, does some mental arithmetic and shakes his head in the negative

"Now this lot are here you need double that."
Melock
 player, 4926 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 11:25
Re: New Pavis
Smiling, Melock gives him what he asks for.
Grundar
 Player, 308 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 13:14
Re: New Pavis
Sheela:
The woman sees Grundar's reaction and grabs his arse as she passes.

"Always room for one more"


Grundar chokes on his drink, blushes involuntarily, and then turns to smile merrily at Ohanzee and his crude companion.
Salen Dustchaser
 player, 1438 posts
 Bison Clan
 Condor
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 16:23
Re: New Pavis
"Definitely a ruckus, Grundar..."
Grundar
 Player, 309 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 17:54
Re: New Pavis
Salen Dustchaser:
"Definitely a ruckus, Grundar..."


Indeed!

This message was last edited by the player at 10:01, Fri 29 Mar 2019.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3014 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 19:31
Re: New Pavis
Having tipped a wink and an agreeing nod to Salen, Hoskar inhales and holds, passes, then smiles broadly at the Uroxi. Keeping a keen eye on what's paid over he fumbles inside his garment to his elaborately hidden purse, retrieving more coin and adding it to the pile. Their next round's on me. An enemy of the predark is a friend of mine he remarks.

Allies for if we go to those tunnels, maybe.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Wed 27 Mar 2019.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 784 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 23:51
Re: New Pavis
Sheela:
The woman sees Grundar's reaction and grabs his arse as she passes.

"Always room for one more"

Then she's pulling Ohanzee into a lover's embrace to the cheers of her motley crew of warriors.

As one they draw up stools and benches to join the Rangers.

"Drink?" she booms once Ohanzee is released. The brave gets a punch in the arm for answer...

Temush realises an eyebrow towards Ohanzee's latest bedmate
GM
 GM, 11612 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 07:42
Re: New Pavis
It's not long before a raucus party is taking place.
Melock
 player, 4927 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 09:38
Re: New Pavis
While everyone is drinking and distracted, Melock sits down next to Temush and in a quiet voice asks him, "What else did you hear about the unicorn riders?"
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 785 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 10:48
Re: New Pavis
'Three things should you know of the Unicorn Tribe Women, Melock sone of Teshong.' Temush says somewhat pompously
Melock
 player, 4928 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 11:03
Re: New Pavis
Melock raises a questioning eyebrow, "and what is that Temush, devote of Sun Hawk?"
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 786 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 12:08
Re: New Pavis
'First, they have their own tribe' Temush says proudly.
Melock
 player, 4929 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 12:22
Re: New Pavis
Melock frowns, "This is already known to me." he drums his fingers on the table top in a fast beat, then abruptly stops and gulps down a mouthful of his drink, "let me guess the other two things," Melock stays quiet for a second as if thinking, "the second being, they are all women and the third, they all ride unicorns?" he laughs, "Are you sure you're not a Raven in disguise?"
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 787 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 12:56
Re: New Pavis
'Oh, you do know them then?' Temush says in surprise
Melock
 player, 4930 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 13:03
Re: New Pavis
"About as well as you do." he grins
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 788 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 00:00
Re: New Pavis
Temush looks at Melock out of the corner of his eye for a few moments 'You think?' he says, sidling closer to the Bison brave 'The small tribes hear things, things that the Great Tribes don't need to know, or don't care to keep in mind' He whispers, 'You have your own skin in the game so I'll share this with you for what it's worth. I don't say it's first hand but our tales pan out more oft than not.

Sky Bone Blue's uncle met them a time or two, he said they're good scouts, most of all at night, good in ambush, and they fight like a Basmoli on a pygmy rhino. Hard to get on their good side, unless you're a girl, but they can be talked round if you have a thing that they want, as long as you don't try to cheat them.  If they say you can eat shit, it might mean they like you. Their mounts' dung is some kind of drug, you got to go with it and make out they've done you a good turn, trade them some kind of sharp thing that they can fight with. Or some gold or silver. They like that Sun Folk armour too, the sort Amara used to have, and they're meant to like primroses. Oh, and they hate trolls so don't let them see you with the Pyre Brigade - or Ohanzee.

Swift-kick heard a tale that they strip off and jump through bonfires on water-night, walk on holt coals, wrestle snakes, wrestle each other, that sort of thing. Maybe that's what Skywalker told him, he's big on quests, he might have bumped myths with this Rubble chick (don't call then chicks by the way, they don't like that)''

Melock
 player, 4933 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 12:19
Re: New Pavis
Shaking his head, Melock smiles, "If I didn't know you better, I'd think you're bending the truth."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 789 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 12:38
Re: New Pavis
'I just pass on what I heard as close as I can, and if I were you I'd keep what we've heard for when you need it. Some folk don't like their ways made light of.' Temush shrugs 'That said, you've met both Swifty and Sky Bone Blue. I think we both know who we'd trust more. Don't lose track of what I said about the star that came down when that sick one died, that I can swear to, it might help you at a pinch - if they take your word for it.'
Grundar
 Player, 311 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 16:45
Re: New Pavis
'So Sheela, I take it you know Ohanzee here then', says Grundar knowingly, as his blush fades. He passes her drink over, 'There you go. Tell me, just what is it that you see in this scoundrel and how did you meet?!'
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3722 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 21:55
Re: New Pavis
As the Storm Bulls arrived, Amara realised the need for the group she was bringing to the negotiation was gone. She might be able to keep the ravens on track, or the storm bulls on track, but both together was a recipe for disaster. She gather her cloak around her to sit in the corner. She still had to keep an eye on them, but this time there was no point in talking.
Melock
 player, 4934 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 07:15
Re: New Pavis
"Thank you Temush, hopefully it'll help when the time comes, though I'm starting to think talking to them might just cause more problems than it'll solve." He stands up and looks around, when he sees Amara by herself in the corner, he grabs some booze and walks over and sits next to her, "Whats up Red?" Melock offer's her a drink, "who are your friends?" he points to the people she came in with.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3723 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 17:45
Re: New Pavis
Amara looked at Melock with guarded eyes "They are people who chose to assist us in our bid to free Delenda, they should probably go home now."
Melock
 player, 4935 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 18:10
Re: New Pavis
Reacting to Amara's look, Melock grins, "What? Can't I be concerned about you?" He looks over to her friends, "They should stay a while so we can all get to know one another."
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3724 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 19:35
Re: New Pavis
"There is no reason to be concerned about me." she nodded towards Ohanzee and the Uroxi "I mean...with the Storm Bulls. This plan to get Delenda back is going to go so well. I should probably remain behind, so there's at least one person available to try to rescue you all."
Melock
 player, 4936 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 20:10
Re: New Pavis
Chuckling Melock nods, "You're the reason I feel safe getting up to mischief." His eyes take in Ohanzee's friends, especially the flirty one, "would you like me to get her alone so you can have a quiet word?" he looks round at all the people who are here to help them, "However we plan the rescue, I'm staying near you so I won't need rescuing."
Salen Dustchaser
 player, 1440 posts
 Bison Clan
 Condor
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 20:04
Re: New Pavis
"In other words," adds Salen, by way of interpretation, "If he's going down, he's taking you with him."
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3725 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 01:39
Re: New Pavis
Amara raised an eyebrow "I might just stay behind and do my own rescue attempt. Trolls are.. powerful. Even a heroquest could not overcome them. Ravens can only hide in the dark. Trolls hunt there. If you and the others are planning on any hijinks,I urge you not to. There's too much at stake for this."
GM
 GM, 11617 posts
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 05:54
Re: New Pavis
One of the Stormbulls, a tired looking High Llama brave, butts in to the conversation

"Saw a big mob of Sable riders on the move this morning. Not the local clan, but others, heading out along the western wall and heading south. War party by the looks of it.."
Melock
 player, 4937 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 06:19
Re: New Pavis
He throws a bread roll at Salen's head, "That's not helping." Turning back to Amara, "If they are that powerful how will you being by yourself be better than being with us?" Melock scratches his ear, "I don't plan hijinks, Raven whispers in my ear and I get swept along or not." His face becomes serious, "I'll do my best to stay focused while we rescue her, I want her back with us as well, but I can't speak for my fellow Ravens. Grundar will probably be ok as there's a chance his sister might be there, but Ohanzee," Melock grins, "your guess is as good as mine."
Glancing at the Stormbull, Melock nods at the news, "Sounds like her family decided not to wait till market day."
GM
 GM, 11619 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 05:59
Re: New Pavis
"Strangest thing is they had a troll with them" adds the Stormbull brave.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:59, Wed 10 Apr 2019.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4194 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 08:20
Re: New Pavis
"What did it look like, I mean, what weapons was it carrying?"
GM
 GM, 11620 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 10:12
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee Shappa:
"What did it look like, I mean, what weapons was it carrying?"

"No idea" replies the Uroxi with a snort. "Like a big fecking troll. Wearing a big hat."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4195 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 12:13
Re: New Pavis
"Big hat? Sounds like the troll traders we met. Maybe they're trying to buy ahead of the market and turning up with the numbers to take her if that doesn't work."
Melock
 player, 4938 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 17:42
Re: New Pavis
Melock nods at Ohanzee's words, "So, does this change our plans, do we need to leave sooner?"
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4196 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 08:35
Re: New Pavis
"Seems like there's a limited number of choices." Ohanzee says "We leave them to it, we try to beat them to it, or we follow along to help them out if it turns into a fight."

He smiles "Or I suppose we could follow along and if they loose then we could go in after, either to rescue them, or if they escape but without her, to finish the job after they've softened up the trolls."

"Or we just wait and then go ahead on market day as planned if they fail, forget it if they succeed."


The Raven brave looks to Amara "Your quest, it's you Vinga is looking at, what's your choice?"
Salen Dustchaser
 player, 1441 posts
 Bison Clan
 Condor
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 18:11
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
He throws a bread roll at Salen's head


19:08, Today: Salen Dustchaser rolled 7 using 1d100.

Without even looking Salen snatches the roll out of the air and sets it on the table.

:D
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3727 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 16 Apr 2019
at 01:51
Re: New Pavis
Amara shrugged "I don't know any more. The likelihood we can beat the sables to the marketplace is not high. So they're going to get there ahead of us unless we take a more direct route, which is as I gather a far way away from being adviseable under these circumstances." she looked at the others "Besides I'm sure you have some plans of your own. I tried it my way and it didn't work. Vinga didn't win this time."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4197 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Tue 16 Apr 2019
at 08:30
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee is taken aback, never having seen her give up like this "Oh" he says "I didn't know Vinga gave up on her duties so easily, on her wards."

He shrugs "No, no plans here, I was going to help you in your quest. But since that's over I'm free to get on with my own stuff."

He smiles "Well as that's over, then there's no need for me to hang around, plenty to do."
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3729 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 16 Apr 2019
at 14:07
Re: New Pavis
Amara looked past Ohanzee at the storm bull woman "I imagine so... plenty to do" she said acidly before continuing in a softer tone as she spoke to the others. "Delenda has her tribe riding to her rescue. To me the means is unimportant as the ends. I'd have preferred to have rescued her to keep the wandering rangers and Vinga in good standing, but all of that is unimportant so long as she is recovered." Amara sighed "yet the sable riders are also impetuous. Perhaps I should set out with a band in case they fail to secure her safe return."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:34, Wed 17 Apr 2019.

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3018 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 16 Apr 2019
at 17:10
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Amara Brightsky (msg # 326):

Having been bussing drinks awhile, especially to the Storm Bulls, Hoskar finally decides to open his mouth.We've a couple of Uz who likely like us for escort duty and mother may be able to get us riverfolk to get us down there. Maybe we're still in the game.

And there's the chaos that opposes us to consider.
he adds absently with not so much as a glance at the Uroxi.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3731 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 04:36
Re: New Pavis
Amara blinked in surprise at Hoskar suggestion "I...hadn't given that any thought. Does the river run close to where we need to be going?" she looked around "Uh...do we have enough boats to do this?" before she looked around "If the sables have gone on ahead, we need to get there first...lets get moving"
Melock
 player, 4940 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 06:49
Re: New Pavis
There's a thud and a splosh from Melock's direction as he drops his tankard, he also looks very pale, "travel by river?" he stutters out. He then takes a deep breath to try to calm himself, but he starts coughing instead, after a minute or so he gets that under control, by which time his face has gone from white to red. "I don't think we should all go the same route, in case we get ambushed." Melock rubs his face and runs a hand through his hair, "and if we want to enlist the help of the unicorn riders, some of us need to go to their temple."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 790 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 07:27
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
"I don't think we should all go the same route, in case we get ambushed." Melock rubs his face and runs a hand through his hair, "and if we want to enlist the help of the unicorn riders, some of us need to go to their temple."

Temush stick his hand up
Melock
 player, 4941 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 07:53
Re: New Pavis
Melock smiles at Temush, "Thanks for volunteering Temush. Any more?" he looks round at the others.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3019 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 09:07
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Amara Brightsky (msg # 328):

Hoskar ponders a moment, meaning the conversation washes past him before he can reply to Amara. At a suitable break, he remarks Several things there. The river is going past the Uz area and no mistake, but the opposite end from the break in the old walls where the market is. We sail right through the Rubble then walk back round rather than threading through trolltown when I am doing it before. Not a safe place to be even on business, I am told.

Leaving right now might be an issue. Some of this lot are likely more in their cups than tends to be good for the wits, we need ready cash to pay for boats and more if we are obviously in a hurry, gods know how many are available straight off, and if we are heading to Zola Fel as a bunch of strangers we are less likely to get cooperation than if we find Becx who has some dealings at the river. Best bet in my book is find Becx.

I am thinking the river could get us there quicker, but not first to be honest. Maybe in time to intervene somehow.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:08, Wed 17 Apr 2019.

Melock
 player, 4942 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 17:57
Re: New Pavis
At the mention of Becx, Melock turns to Hoskar, "Becx seems to know everyone, does she know any unicorn riders? Could save me a trip to their temple."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3021 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:14
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 333):

With a huge grin, Hoskar winks expansively. For all I know, yes. I tell you before that she arranges boats and knows Uz and you see the latter for yourself. Maybe she has a contact. Maybe not. Maybe if we ask she also knows a way to contact the Garden for something less than fifty Wheels. Mother tells me little of her business and I know better than to expect free information. Not my first day, is it. You want to give it a go, I watch in the background with interest. You get anything off her under value, I salute you.
Melock
 player, 4943 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:19
Re: New Pavis
Returning the grin, "only one way to find out, so I'll ask her tomorrow when my head is clearer. I have to meet a friend for lunch, so it'll have to be in the morning."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3022 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:52
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 335):

Chortling into his mug, Hoskar has to take a moment or two. Good luck. I would offer help but know she is knowing I know the price of information. Might listen in.

Seriously, doubt if she has Garden contacts. Never heard so much as a whisper and she has Uz dealings. They go together about as well as Uroxi and Broo.

Melock
 player, 4944 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 20:13
Re: New Pavis
"She strikes me as the sort of person who gets on well with anyone who can make her money."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3023 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 20:20
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 337):

Not your first day either, is it?

There's an old Issaries saying I hear, though. Put your goods on two ornery mules, one day they run off in opposite ways. Which you chase is up to you, but either way you lose.

Melock
 player, 4945 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 20:39
Re: New Pavis
Chuckling, he shakes his head, "Not on this." a puzzled look appears on his face, "What's a mule and why wouldn't you rope them together so they can't run off in different directions?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3024 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 21:20
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 339):

For a few moments, Hoskar just stares in incomprehension. As if Melock had just asked for a spatchcocked green weasel.

Oh. Right. he says eventually. Of course. No mules in the wastes.

Imagine a short, stocky, ugly grey zebra. Strong as anything. Stupid. Lazy. Angry as Greeshar if someone calls him a broo's catamite. Cheap beast of burden. Tractable enough if not riled up. The traders use them.

Point is, you bugger about with enemies too much, try to deal with both sides, whatever you do, rope them together, hobble them, sooner or later you make a mistake and the whole thing flies apart. Or they kill each other and you're left with goods you can't move. Or they turn on you instead.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:24, Wed 17 Apr 2019.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 791 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 22:57
Re: New Pavis
'There is much to learn in this place of yours Hoskar. I'm not sure what I can glean and what will pass me by'. He waves his hand absently over the top of his head (about should height to the others). 'Some of it I like a great deal, but how strange.... how strange....  Elves on fire, Unicorn women. where will it all end? The Green? if we live to see it... You'd think elves would like the Green, does that mean dwarfs will not? It hurts my head.'
Melock
 player, 4946 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 06:09
Re: New Pavis
A worried look crosses Melocks face, "you mean no matter how hard they try to keep these mules working together, they end up running away or killing each other, but.. but that's us," he waves his arms in the direction of the other Rangers, "The Feathered Rivals aren't normally friends, does that mean we'll end up fighting each other?"
Sheela
 NPC, 6 posts
 High Llama
 StormBull
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 06:58
Re: New Pavis
Whilst the Rangers talk two of the Uroxi begin a head butting competition.

At the mention of going by river into the Troll lands their leader comments

"This is the best plan. They will be preparing for the market and concentrating on a large force of Sables that have just arrived at the Troll break. For sure some will know that it is for a ransom but others will suspect a raid.

In hard and fast. We kill many, take their stuff, free your friend and Waha's your uncle, we come back here, get drunk and fornicate."

"Many will come on this raid. Tell everyone. Sun worshippers will make it a holy mission as will everyone else. And us, well Zorak Zoran is our brother in arms but hey screw him, never said we liked him."

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3026 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 08:20
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Temush Blinking-cloud (msg # 341) and Melock (msg # 342):

Hoskar
scratches his scrubby beard awhile, thinking hard.

Don't know about who'll like the Green, Temush. Probably not everyone, though.

Think we might be different from the mules, Melock. The four spirits are working together. At least that's what it seems like. They spoke as one when I was brought back.


He shrugs

Maybe if they come apart, we come apart too.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4201 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 09:19
Re: New Pavis
"I like your plans Sheela!" Ohanzee says grinning up at the towering High Llama rider.

Then turning to Hoskar says "Seems to me traders are stupid to rely on such beasts."

Then he elbows Sheela "Need a word in private." and head for the door where he waits for her before stepping out.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:16, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

Sheela
 NPC, 7 posts
 High Llama
 StormBull
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 10:32
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee Shappa:
"I like your plans Sheela!" Ohanzee says grinning up at the towering High Llama rider.

Then turning to Hoskar says "Seems to me traders are stupid to rely on such beasts."

Then he elbows Sheela "Need a word in private." and head for the door where he waits for her before stepping out.

Sheela follows and then through the doorway those watching can see her listen closely to the Raven and then punch Ohanzee in the guts before coming back inside.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:33, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 4202 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 12:08
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee doubles over, one hand on his knee and the other arm wrapped around his belly and takes a while to recover before catching his breath and pushing himself upright.

"Didn't go too bad" he mutters abs then turns and walks off.
Njala
 NPC, 2 posts
 Rubble Runner
 Spirit
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 12:10
Re: New Pavis
There is a final crush of bone from under the table and the black rubble runner scuttles of after the Raven brave. "More food, why we leaving?"
GM
 GM, 11627 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 12:22
Re: New Pavis
Njala:
There is a final crush of bone from under the table and the black rubble runner scuttles of after the Raven brave. "More food, why we leaving?"

This elicits a whole range of shrieking, yelling and thrown objects at the creature.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3029 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 18:53
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Sheela (msg # 346):

Seeming to stagger a little, maybe across the odd missile, Hoskar approaches Sheela proffering another drink, having bought at least one round already. All agreed about the Uz he remarks. But we might have something better coming up. Howzabout not dying in a barney with the Uz and clearing out some chaotic fucks in the Rubble instead? Think we can do the rescue and smash the predark if we're smart.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:58, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

Melock
 player, 4947 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Fri 19 Apr 2019
at 09:55
Re: New Pavis
He shrugs at Hoskar's comment, "Hopefully that's true." When Ohanzee's rubble runner is spotted and reacted to, Melock just leans back in his chair, shakes his head and mutters, "Amateurs"
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1731 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 11:42
Re: New Pavis
Henal looks at the rubble runner moving off and mutters "that was always going to be trouble"
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3733 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 06:18
Re: New Pavis
Amara said nothing as Ohanzee left with the uroxi woman, watching him closely. "It strikes me that if rumours are spread to confirm the rumour that the Sables are set to raid the Uz that it might suit our purposes." she spoke to Hoskar. "But it would need to be quick to have some effect before the sables arrived."

She sighed heavily "Defeating the Uz on their home ground might be close to impossible. We'd need anyone and everyone to counter them...." her voice trailed off. "And some healers too."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:32, Wed 01 May 2019.

Salen Dustchaser
 player, 1443 posts
 Bison Clan
 Condor
Sun 28 Apr 2019
at 15:50
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
Melock smiles at Temush, "Thanks for volunteering Temush. Any more?" he looks round at the others.

"Sure, I'll come with you. Don't know much about Unicorms, sure to be interesting..."
Melock
 player, 4951 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 28 Apr 2019
at 20:36
Re: New Pavis
He nods in acceptance of Salen offer, "Having a Condor with us should speed us on our journey." Turning to Amara, "If I can get the unicorn riders to help, can't their mounts heal?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 3031 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 16:12
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Amara Brightsky (msg # 353):

Hoskar grins broadly and winks covertly. Maybe a visit to check on the Pyre Brigade and a word to Mother might help there. Anyway, I just need to refresh my drink he remarks. He ambles towards the bar as he continues to speak; adding in a tone increasingly loud to...ah...ensure Amara can still hear across the noise of the bar...of course, it's not really our business if the Sables are off to raid the Uz.

And if that doesn't start a wildfire rumour off, here at least, I am not sure what will.

On the way, he encounters Sheela cf previous post.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:41, Tue 30 Apr 2019.

Amara Brightsky
 player, 3735 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 1 May 2019
at 02:34
Re: New Pavis
Amara glared at Hoskar, looking quickly around the bar to check if anyone was listening, secretly hoping she'd find one or two more interested in hoskars words than she was expecting there to be.
Grundar
 Player, 314 posts
 Sky Watcher
 Raven
Wed 1 May 2019
at 08:36
Re: New Pavis
Grundar returns to the bar from having slipped out to relieve himself Ah, that feels better, room for another one perhaps before we're done here. He looks around for the flirtatious newcomer to make sure he's safe from her, and as he does so he hears Hoskar's words, What's that, I'm gone for only a few shakes and come back to hear the Sables are off on an Uz raid? What else have I missed?
Kobal
 player, 2260 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 6 May 2019
at 21:14
Re: New Pavis
Amara Brightsky:
Amara said nothing as Ohanzee left with the uroxi woman, watching him closely. "It strikes me that if rumours are spread to confirm the rumour that the Sables are set to raid the Uz that it might suit our purposes." she spoke to Hoskar. "But it would need to be quick to have some effect before the sables arrived."

She sighed heavily "Defeating the Uz on their home ground might be close to impossible. We'd need anyone and everyone to counter them...." her voice trailed off. "And some healers too."


Having been lost in thought (and alcohol) for a while, Kobal speaks up.  "Rumours might make it harder for the Sables to get Delenda back.  But if the ultimate aim is to get her back - no matter how - then the rumours will hurt that goal too.


"I like what the Storm Bull woman said.  'In hard and fast.'  But... while Storm Bull is the father of the Khan of Khans, his followers can be a bit too... single-minded.  That woman would know the Rubble better than us.  Yet... from our fights with the trolls, I don't think it would be easy.  And this is the trolls' homeland, not just the Wastes where we fought last time."

He pauses a moment.  "We maybe have one thing to offer the trolls that the Sables don't.  We have an Aldryami seed.  What if we offer that to the trolls in exchange for Delenda?  I don't know if they'd accept it, but I'd wager they'd welcome something that the Aldryami want.  (And maybe it's tasty to them as well.)  We'd earn the enmity of the Aldryami though..."  Waits a moment to see if Emesh-Ga might speak up.  Perhaps the seed would help with the return of the Green.

Salen Dustchaser:
Melock:
Melock smiles at Temush, "Thanks for volunteering Temush. Any more?" he looks round at the others.

"Sure, I'll come with you. Don't know much about Unicorms, sure to be interesting..."


He injects himself into another conversation.  "Where's the Unicorn camp in relation to where we're headed?  Will this be too much of a diversion?  We're already in a race to recover Delenda before the Sables do."
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3738 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 7 May 2019
at 03:38
Re: New Pavis
Amara's eyes narrowed in thought. She looked at Kobal "The seed is not ours to give away and especially not to trolls. It would work against our great plan." she stood up, throwing her cloak around her. "I might have another idea. One in which we can get what we want at no risk to ourselves, and thumb the noses of both the Zorak Zoran Death Lord and the sables, but I need to talk to the Pyre Brigade to see if its possible."
Kobal
 player, 2262 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 7 May 2019
at 09:45
Re: New Pavis
Amara Brightsky:
Amara's eyes narrowed in thought. She looked at Kobal "The seed is not ours to give away and especially not to trolls. It would work against our great plan."


"I thought not," sighs Kobal, as Amara moves to leave, "but it's the only plan I could think off, other than violence or outbidding the Sables.  Plus, if giving the seed to the trolls meant breaking any oath any of us has given, I wouldn't want that."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:47, Tue 07 May 2019.

Melock
 player, 4959 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 8 May 2019
at 07:20
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
He injects himself into another conversation.  "Where's the Unicorn camp in relation to where we're headed?  Will this be too much of a diversion?  We're already in a race to recover Delenda before the Sables do."


Melock shrugs, "It's nearer here than there, if we split up, we shouldn't be delayed. The ones that come with me will be riding so we won't be slow."
Kobal
 player, 2264 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 8 May 2019
at 13:12
Re: New Pavis
Melock:
Melock shrugs, "It's nearer here than there, if we split up, we shouldn't be delayed. The ones that come with me will be riding so we won't be slow."


"Is this Unicorn camp in the Rubble?  I don't know the Rubble, but I hear it is a dangerous place.  Splitting up may not be the best.  And if the Unicorns find out what you did (perhaps they performed a divination) that may certainly 'slow' you down."
Melock
 player, 4961 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 8 May 2019
at 13:37
Re: New Pavis
"Yes it is," he waves his hand in the direction of the rubble, "on one of the hills." Melock takes a quick swig of his drink, "I can't imagine it's that dangerous, its got walls round it." he glances at Temush, "they'll have no reason to waste their time and magic like that, because all I'll be doing is telling them about the death of one of their own."
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 799 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Wed 8 May 2019
at 16:10
Re: New Pavis
Temush shakes his head, and props it on the arm he has leant on the table.
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1733 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Sun 12 May 2019
at 10:20
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Melock (msg # 364):

Henal blearily replies "stories I heard were more that the wall keeps things in not out."