New Pavis.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1641 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 21:43
Re: New Pavis
In reply to GM (msg # 15):

Henal asks his familiar "Rikki are there spirits behind us?"
Rikki
 NPC, 35 posts
 Manul cat
 spirit
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 08:17
Re: New Pavis
Henal Longgrass:
In reply to GM (msg # 15):

Henal asks his familiar "Rikki are there spirits behind us?"


"There are spirits everywhere, house spirits, familiars, bound spirits and allied spirits. It is too hard to tell Boss."
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3969 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 08:37
Re: New Pavis
As they cross the courtyard Ohanzee keeps an eye on the darkened entrance to the other alleyway, just in case ny come from there.
Melock
 player, 4606 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 20:29
Re: New Pavis
Melock leans in close to Henal "You two carry on, I'll drop in to the shadows and see who's feet we can hear." He steps away from the others and walks quickly towards the healing hall for twenty paces, then turns round and walks slowly back the way he came, hoping to catch sight of whoever seems to be following them.
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1642 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 22:11
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Rikki (msg # 18):

"Probably too many smells for you to make out anything particular about those following"
Kobal
 player, 2094 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 03:08
Re: New Pavis
GM:
Kobal:
Kobal ignores Texo and walks - slowly - further down.  Haaro, those big cats are just around Geo's?  If so, I figure they're just familiars for Orlanthi.  Or do they look a threat?

"Well not a threat to you, put they don't like me. Some are familiars." comes back the scared answer.


Kobal ignores his scaredy cat and continues on towards Geo's.

GM:
There's a few folk lounging in the alley way, sat in doorways, leaning out of windows, chewing the fat and drinking.

No one at first pays them a bit of notice, though as they near Geos several forms separate from the shadows, revealing themselves to be members of the local streetgang.

"A bit lost are we?" says one, with another adding "Farmers Quarters back that way." The last is aimed at Kobal.

As they talk several feline forms drop down from above, the Alynxes approaching Haroo for a shuftie.


Stay close to me, Haaro.  Kobal's about to reply curtly to the hoods when Hoskar speaks up to ward off them off.

GM:
Hoskar and Kobal are soon crossing the much wider Holy street and waving the others across, between groups of late night revellers as they begin to head home or set off for all night lock ins.


He continues into the alleyway that leads to Parade Way South, Haaro padding closely beside him, looking back at the alynxes every now and then.  "Nicely done, Two-Feather," he mutters under his breath.  Nearly there.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2857 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 16:49
Re: New Pavis
Out in front, Hoskar flushes slightly at Kobal's compliment.

Thank you he murmurs. I do try to listen to what you tell me.

One more street to duck across
he adds, composing himself again.
Kobal
 player, 2096 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 01:54
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Thank you he murmurs. I do try to listen to what you tell me.


Kobal chuckles quietly.  "You're the only one who listens to what I say.  Melock and Ohanzee - might as well try to catch the wind with your hand.  Amara - who would dare tell her what to do?  (Don't tell her I said that.)  Henal - we grew together, so he does his own thing as often as not.  Temush - Sun Hawks always seem to see things differently."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Tue 13 Mar 2018.

Amara Brightsky
 player, 3592 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 02:08
Re: New Pavis
Amara looked out of the corner of her eyes at Kobal "Perhaps if you used words wisely, Khan to be... then I might pay more attention to them." she said with an edge to her voice, before it softened "But as Kobal said. Good work Hoskar....I just...I find it strange that we must tolerate these people who think they hold some threat over us."
Kobal
 player, 2098 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 09:17
Re: New Pavis
Startled by Amara's voice, Kobal gives a momentary embarrassed smile before replying.  "Words are like the wind - gone in an instant.  They are not the Dedra way.  Even more so to we Thunder Birds - action is more important that words, haha."

Continuing to scan the alleyway and approaching main street for possible threats, he says quietly, "But I see dealing with these people sort of like being in Corflu.  We need to stay our swords because of our goals.  Right now, we need to avoid action to get these trolls to the temple."  He remembers to look up at the second storey of buildings now and then in case an attack should come from above.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3593 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 00:14
Re: New Pavis
Amara sighed "Without words, we are nothing. Words are an action of their own kind. They sign compacts more binding than a blood oath, give more comfort than khumiss and begin wars in which many die. Words are actions, Kobal."
Kobal
 player, 2099 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 01:54
Re: New Pavis
He considers this as a moment as they walk on.  "You talk of signing.  If words are so important, Waha would have taught us how to make those squiggles that outsiders make.  The Khan of Khans showed us how to make knots.  That is enough.  The rest of what he taught was how to do things."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2858 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 20:56
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Kobal (msg # 28):

Think about your scars Hoskar mutters as he walks warily. Every one a commitment you can't take back. Every one a written part of you.

Now please can we focus before we get jumped.

Amara Brightsky
 player, 3594 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Sun 18 Mar 2018
at 01:20
Re: New Pavis
Amara rolled her eyes at Kobal "Those knots you tie are the exact same as the writing foreigners use." she looked sullen as she responded to Hoskar "I rather suspect some of our number are hoping we get jumped."
Kobal
 player, 2102 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 01:58
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
Think about your scars Hoskar mutters as he walks warily. Every one a commitment you can't take back. Every one a written part of you.

Now please can we focus before we get jumped.


"Don't worry," Kobal smiles in the darkness, "I can look around and talk at the same time.  In any event, Haaro here has better eyes and ears than the rest of us."

Nevertheless, he holds his tongue after that and lets Amara have the last word on writing.
GM
 GM, 11225 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 07:55
Re: New Pavis
GM:

GM
 GM, 11226 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 08:02
Re: New Pavis
At the fore of the group Hoskar, Amara and Kobal peer both directions on to Parade Way south, coming from the direction of the Pavis temple  is a largish group, carrying torches. It looks to be a local well to do family on its way home, with servants and several bodyguards. They'll draw level in a few moments...

At the rear of the group Melock sees several men spilling from the alleyway leading to Geos. Tough looking townsfolk, descendants of the those from the West. Both Henal and Temush see them too.

In the Dark courtyard, Ohanzee, Grundar and the two Trolls are left waiting for the word to go forward.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:23, Tue 20 Mar 2018.

Kobal
 player, 2103 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 08:18
Re: New Pavis
Kobal turns slowly, slowly ambles back the way he came, not wanting to wait at the end of the alleyway and make the bodyguards and servants nervous, nor wanting to make the trolls behind him nervous either.  He lingers in the alleyway, waiting for the procession to pass.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2860 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 08:35
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar nods when he sees Kobal amble back up the alley. Nicely done he murmurs, retreating likewise.

Just waiting for a party to pass by. Slight holdup. Doesn't look like a threat
GM
 GM, 11227 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 10:58
Re: New Pavis
Still at the head of the alleyway, but hidden by shadows Amara spots two heavily cloaked people break off from the family group and head down the alleyway between the Healing hall and the Argan Argar temple.
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3595 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 23:48
Re: New Pavis
Amara winced as she saw the shapes depart the group and waited to whisper to the others. "Be prepared. We have at least two opponents waiting for us....and they may be heavily armed. It was hard to make out." she whispered her charm to protect herself.
Kobal
 player, 2104 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 01:53
Re: New Pavis
Kobal walks back down the alleyway until he can make out the shapes of the party following behind them.  He makes a show of patting the hilt of his sword a couple of times, but not drawing it.  In the Darkness, the Rangers might not make out his action, but hopefully the trolls will.  Returning to beside Amara, he too employs charms, of bison hide and bison gore, drawing energy from Haaro.
Melock
 player, 4611 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 07:13
Re: New Pavis
Stopping to check the laces on his boots, Melock watches the group from Geo's alley to see if they are going the same way as the Rangers.
Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1643 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 08:36
Re: New Pavis
Henal keeps a close eye on the group behind trying to see if they are following. He mutters a charm of protection calling on Rikki's power.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2861 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 09:13
Re: New Pavis
In reply to Amara Brightsky (msg # 37):

Hoskar nods. There's two ways round that block he murmurs. maybe we should go the way round they didn't use.