New Pavis.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 11271 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 05:58
Re: New Pavis
The Sable braves are from the Rock Speakers clan, which is the one currently in control of the area.
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 643 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 11:14
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar Two-Feather:
You can likely count me out at Sacred Time Hoskar remarks. Issaries holy days and I hope he will accept me.

Aside from what's already been said, I am seeing Broosta later. Could ask her how to see Aldryami, I suppose. Or ask mother. She deals mostly with the Uz though.


I guess it's Ohanzee who needs to say how we do the do, but I would like to help the Elves at Sacred time if you could ask Brooster for me. Temush says
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3987 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 15:15
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee shrugs "Don't know anything about the Aldryami sacred time rituals, just know I've got a seed and the Dryad told me and Amara to bring it to the elves here."

He stands and walks towards the watching Rock Speakers "Morning. You blokes want anything? Or perhaps you've heard of our band, our cause beyond clan lines?"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:29, Sun 01 Apr 2018.

Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 644 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 16:02
Re: New Pavis
"Err chief",  Temush addresses Kobal, "did we not leave the mounts at home and ride Zebra to Pavis so's not to let the world know our bees' wax?" He nods pointedly towards Ohanzee and the Sables
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3988 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Sun 1 Apr 2018
at 13:04
Re: New Pavis
"Or let me put this another way, any of you mob follow the Four Rivals?"
Kobal
 player, 2128 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 03:36
Re: New Pavis
Temush Blinking-cloud:
I had some news from Avalarn's uncle. Some of the Elves from the Garden go the old city by Pavis's temple at Sacred Time. If we help them with their Sacred Time role then they will talk to us. Hoskar may know who to ask to get to the old city and join the Sacred Time rites?"</Blue>


Having been occupied by his breakfast, Kobal finally comes up for air.

"What other news from Avalarn's uncle?  Like, was he filled with gratitude with our saving his niece?  Did he give you anything?"

Hoskar Two-Feather:
Hoskar scratches his head, looking worried. That's damn odd. I distinctly heard your voice come out with a word in Old Wyrmish. Erumadjarum or something like it. And with the other half of my heritage - the Becx half - that's mighty worrying. Especially if you don't remember it.

Maybe we should get a priest or a shaman to take a look at you or ask Emesh-Ga. I still regret not paying more attention when Harratt was acting oddly. That had a tragic ending. Blame myself to an extent though there's little I could have done.


"Perhaps it was Ohanzee's Raven spirit?"

He lifts his head slightly, adopts a more respectful tone and says, "Lord Captain, do you know what could have caused this?  Some of us heard Ohanzee speak a strange word, but he himself denies it.  And Temush says he did not lie."

Temush Blinking-cloud:
I guess it's Ohanzee who needs to say how we do the do, but I would like to help the Elves at Sacred time if you could ask Brooster for me. Temush says


He looks to all assembled.  "Do you think it would be good if the elves become involved in the Greening of Prax and the Wastes?  Or should we focus on the Earth instead?"

He looks to Grundar.  "At some point, we'll need to explain to you what we Wandering Rangers are doing."

Temush Blinking-cloud:
"Err chief",  Temush addresses Kobal, "did we not leave the mounts at home and ride Zebra to Pavis so's not to let the world know our bees' wax?" He nods pointedly towards Ohanzee and the Sables


"Not all of us rode zebras.  I rode my bison Black Hoof, remember?  Don't want to ride a zebra.  And Blue Arm has his strange rhino now."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:37, Tue 03 Apr 2018.

Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1655 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 10:00
Re: New Pavis
Henal groans and mutters "bloody zebras, I will be happy when I can get back and pick out a new bison to ride. Sables are a pain anywhere we meet them."
Amara Brightsky
 player, 3598 posts
 Rhino Clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 13:50
Re: New Pavis
Amara raised an eyebrow "Sables have the potential to be strong allies against the moon followers."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2880 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 07:55
Re: New Pavis
Looking studiously into thin air, Hoskar's face is a calm mask. He swallows hard several times before speaking.

Allies. Yes. Why not? It's what it's about.

Aldrya's folk too. Growth. We saw what that one dryad accomplished. Greener places. Dreamweed for Salen too, very likely.

Oh.

Actually.

Dreamweed. I bought some before leaving here. Must have come from the Garden. Got it from...er...fill you in privately later.


He smiles - a weak smile, but a distinct smile - as he nods and raises a hand in acknowledgement of the Sables.

Anyone looking closely will see he is perspiring more than one might expect, and that his right hand strayed downwards towards his waist a few moments before being raised in greeting.
Kobal
 player, 2130 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 01:35
Re: New Pavis
Amara Brightsky:
Amara raised an eyebrow "Sables have the potential to be strong allies against the moon followers."


"Only those clans which haven't joined with the Moon worshippers," Kobal interjects.  "The others I wouldn't trust any further I could put a javelin through them."
GM
 GM, 11274 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 09:22
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee Shappa:
Ohanzee shrugs "Don't know anything about the Aldryami sacred time rituals, just know I've got a seed and the Dryad told me and Amara to bring it to the elves here."

He stands and walks towards the watching Rock Speakers "Morning. You blokes want anything? Or perhaps you've heard of our band, our cause beyond clan lines?"



Ohanzee Shappa:
"Or let me put this another way, any of you mob follow the Four Rivals?"


"Oh we've heard of you, just not known where youse where that's all" answers one of the braves, an older man, powerful in magic and warcraft.

There's lots of hooking thumbs through belts and rocking back on heels as the group of Sable warriors give Ohanzee and the Rangers a good, long stare.

Several of them move off to jump on their mounts which are ridden off quickly towards the nearby gate.....


Kobal:
"Perhaps it was Ohanzee's Raven spirit?"

He lifts his head slightly, adopts a more respectful tone and says, "Lord Captain, do you know what could have caused this?  Some of us heard Ohanzee speak a strange word, but he himself denies it.  And Temush says he did not lie."


Kobal's head shimmers as the guardian spirit replies.
Melock
 player, 4647 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 20:18
Re: New Pavis
GM:
"Oh we've heard of you, just not known where youse where that's all" answers one of the braves, an older man, powerful in magic and war craft.

 There's lots of hooking thumbs through belts and rocking back on heels as the group of Sable warriors give Ohanzee and the Rangers a good, long stare.

 Several of them move off to jump on their mounts which are ridden off quickly towards the nearby gate.....


Keeping his voice low, "I'm guessing that they've gone to get their mates." Melock's eyes flit between the nearby Rangers, "We should leave before they get back."
Kobal
 player, 2133 posts
 Bison clan
 Thunder Bird
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 09:08
Re: New Pavis
GM:
Kobal's head shimmers as the guardian spirit replies.


Kobal sits still a moment, listening, before reporting to the others, "Emesh-Ga couldn't explain it all, but it's something to do with his Raven spirit."

"My thanks, Lord Captain."


Melock:
GM:
There's lots of hooking thumbs through belts and rocking back on heels as the group of Sable warriors give Ohanzee and the Rangers a good, long stare.

 Several of them move off to jump on their mounts which are ridden off quickly towards the nearby gate.....


Keeping his voice low, "I'm guessing that they've gone to get their mates." Melock's eyes flit between the nearby Rangers, "We should leave before they get back."


Kobal turns to regard the Sable riders a moment, watching those who leave.  "We're going to be here in this city for a while.  If they want trouble, they're going to find us sooner or later.  Their less likely to do anything during the day."
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2881 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 15:59
Re: New Pavis
Hoskar looks worried a moment, head cocked to one side and eyes unfocussed.


He forces a smile, and nods to Kobal. Agreed. They jump us here, and there's the law. Still, Melock has a point. Maybe we're best where there's plenty of local witnesses.
Melock
 player, 4649 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 17:47
Re: New Pavis
"If it happens in front of witnesses then we'll get the blame, especially here at the temple where I'm sure the shaman's will be on their side," he grins, "but if happens at night down a dark alley, it'll be a fair fight." Melock shrugs, "one way or another trouble is on the horizon."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:12, Tue 10 Apr 2018.

Henal Longgrass
 Player, 1657 posts
 Bison Rider
 Thunder Bird
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 19:07
Re: New Pavis
Henal frowns and shakes his head, before he looks about. "Isn't trouble always on our horizon? Damn sables causing trouble".
Temush Blinking-cloud
 Player, 645 posts
 Ostrich Rider
 Sun Hawk
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 19:59
Re: New Pavis
Kobal:
Having been occupied by his breakfast, Kobal finally comes up for air.

"What other news from Avalarn's uncle?  Like, was he filled with gratitude with our saving his niece?  Did he give you anything?"

Temush looks confused "I thought I told you, he gave us a pouch of gold, and all due words of thanks, asked what boon I sought, so I said if he could tell us how to meet the elves that would fit the bill.

Could be you weren't there when I talked to Hoskar about the gold bits, they're in Becx's lock box. I would say he thinks well of us.

Kobal:
Temush Blinking-cloud:
I guess it's Ohanzee who needs to say how we do the do, but I would like to help the Elves at Sacred time if you could ask Brooster for me. Temush says


He looks to all assembled.  "Do you think it would be good if the elves become involved in the Greening of Prax and the Wastes?  Or should we focus on the Earth instead?"

Temush shrugs, You're the ones as met the Dryad, I thought you had it in mind to do as she asked.

Far be it from me to set up to teach the ways of Waha to one to whom he gives his mark, but I think elf green would suit the herds more than Esrola green. They can get riled if their plants are at threat mind. There's a story that they called on us Ostriches and the Verhefen one time when there were swarms of bugs in the Redwoods, don't know if it's true or not

Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2882 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 08:26
Re: New Pavis
At the word "Dryad", Hoskar's smile relaxes.

Now we've not got so many listeners, I might as well pass on a lead. My dreamweed contacts. There's a dryad hangs out at Goldfang's Grotto sometimes.
Ohanzee Shappa
 player, 3990 posts
 Rhino Rider
 Raven Follower
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 11:26
Re: New Pavis
Having returned Ohanzee smiles at Hoskar's recommendation "Any supplier of good weed is a person worth visiting!"
Melock
 player, 4650 posts
 Bison
 Raven
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 17:40
Re: New Pavis
"You'll have to take us to Goldfangs then Hoskar. What else do they do there?"
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2883 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 20:27
Re: New Pavis
I think Grundar might know the place, Hoskar burbles. I never saw the dryad myself. Stayed away from the deals. Keeping my head down, you know - you've met mother - and I've not seen my contact here since we arrived. Don't know if anyone's seen an oldish Deadhead nickname Roach? He might have graduated to the halite mines by now of course.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:28, Wed 11 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 11279 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 10:16
Re: New Pavis
Ohanzee Shappa:
Having returned Ohanzee smiles at Hoskar's recommendation "Any supplier of good weed is a person worth visiting!"


Ohanzee, surrounded by his friends, suddenly finds himself grabbed, bundled up and bound. From his knees he looks up as Hoskar looms over him, staff raised...

*Crack*

And knocked unconscious everything fades to black.
Hoskar Two-Feather
 Player, 2886 posts
 Rhino clan (Sky Watchers)
 Condor
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 16:03
Re: New Pavis
Sorry, mate Hoskar murmurs as Ohanzee crumples up. He moves quickly to prevent his comrade from hitting the floor too hard. For you own good, you know. He shakes his head Missing moments and talking Old sodding Pavic be damned.

He straightens up and looks round the Rangers. Right. Shall we get him to the priests and shamans?

Four Paws just fill in everyone will you?

His face drops a moment. Oh. He leans in to Melock and mutters something

This message was last edited by the player at 16:15, Thu 12 Apr 2018.

Four Paws
 NPC, 115 posts
 Manul spirit
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 16:12
Re: New Pavis
Never dull the times in this place, Raven's head will sure go sorely when he wakes from fervid slumbers and some strife may yet come of it.

Ho familiars, all but Raven's, seems a spirit has been scouted: delving deep by copper captain showed the stinker lurking down there round the Raven's subtle soul. Shaman's work to find and conquer, so the scene we have now witnessed.

GM
 GM, 11283 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 17:05
Re: New Pavis
Under the eyes of many curious bystanders the Rangers carry Ohanzee into the nearby temple, where they are met by two firendly shamans, one a High lama and the other a Sable rider.

"What is the problem?" asks the former "Has he been injured in a fight?". The Sable rider, a wise glint in his eyes, takes in the assembled braves and replies "I think it is more complicated than that...Come with me this way..." and he leads them off to an anti-chamber.